Subject: I-D Action: draft-ravi-ccn-forwarding-label-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 19:52:55 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Forwarding-Label support in CCN Protocol
        Authors         : Ravishankar Ravindran
                          Asit Chakraborti
	Filename        : draft-ravi-ccn-forwarding-label-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2015-11-03

Abstract:
   The objective of this proposal is to enable ID/Locator split in CCN
   protocol.  We enable this through the notion of forwarding-label (FL)
   object, which is an optional hop-by-hop payload in the Interest
   message with locator name which identifies a network domain, router,
   or a host.  Depending on the application and trust context FL object
   is subjected to policy based actions by the forwarders such as
   invoking security verification or enabling other service-centric
   actions such as FL object replacement.  FL can be inserted by the
   applications or by the network.  To enable dynamic name resolution FL
   can be modified in the network by designated points such as the edge
   routers.  Enabling ID/Locator split in CCN has several applications
   such as towards routing optimization, mobility, handling indirections
   in manifests, and routing scalability.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ravi-ccn-forwarding-label/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ravi-ccn-forwarding-label-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ravi-ccn-forwarding-label-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/