Subject: I-D Action: draft-flanagan-rfc-framework-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 09:35:45 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : RFC Format Framework
        Author          : Heather Flanagan
	Filename        : draft-flanagan-rfc-framework-07.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2015-11-24

Abstract:
   The canonical format for the RFC Series has been plain-text, ASCII-
   encoded for several decades.  After extensive community discussion
   and debate, the RFC Editor will be transitioning to XML as the
   canonical format, with different publication formats rendered from
   that base document.  These changes are intended to increase the
   usability of the RFC Series by offering documents that match the
   needs of a wider variety of stakeholders.  With these changes,
   however, comes an increase in complexity for authors, consumers, and
   the publisher of RFCs.  This document serves as the framework that
   describes the problems being solved and summarizes the many documents
   that capture the specific requirements for each aspect of the change
   in format.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-flanagan-rfc-framework/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-flanagan-rfc-framework-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-flanagan-rfc-framework-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/