Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-bess-4pe-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 17:53:19 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Connecting IPv4 Islands over IPv6 MPLS Using IPv4 Provider Edge Routers (4PE)
        Author          : Zhenqiang Li
	Filename        : draft-li-bess-4pe-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2015-11-03

Abstract:
   This document explains how to interconnect IPv4 islands over a
   Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)-enabled IPv6 cloud.  This
   approach relies on IPv4 Provider Edge routers (4PE), which are Dual
   Stack in order to connect to IPv4 islands and to the MPLS core, which
   is only required to run IPv6 MPLS.  The 4PE routers exchange the IPv4
   reachability information transparently over the core using the
   Multiprotocol Border Gateway Protocol (MP-BGP) over IPv6.  In doing
   so, the BGP Next Hop field is used to convey the IPv4 address of the
   4PE router, a field is added in Network Layer Reachability
   Information (NLRI) to convey the IPv6 address of the 4PE router, so
   that dynamically established IPv6-signaled MPLS Label Switched Paths
   (LSPs) can be used without explicit tunnel configuration.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-bess-4pe/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-bess-4pe-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/