Subject: I-D Action: draft-jjmb-sunset4-dns-forwarding-ipv4aas-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 23:48:46 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DNS Forwarding and IPv4aaS
        Authors         : John Jason Brzozowski
                          Paul Ebersman
	Filename        : draft-jjmb-sunset4-dns-forwarding-ipv4aas-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2015-11-01

Abstract:
   The depletion of IPv4 coupled with the wide spread deployment of IPv6
   for broadband globally is creating an environment where service
   providers can seriously begin to consider alternate uses and
   applications for native IPv6 connectivity.  Pervasive, reliable
   support for IPv6 across many access technologies suggests that one
   critical use for native IPv6 is the carry legacy IPv4 communications.
   Today this is referred to as IPv4 as a Service (IPv4aaS).  IPv4aaS
   can leverage a variety of transports ranging from Mapping of Address
   and Ports (MAP) to Generic Route Encapsulation (GRE) along with other
   viable protocols.  Most every use case for IPv4aaS includes the use
   of CG-NAT, however, this is not strictly required.  The purpose of
   this document is to hone in on DNS specific behavior that must be
   taken into consideration as the deployment of IPv4aaS advances
   globally.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jjmb-sunset4-dns-forwarding-ipv4aas/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jjmb-sunset4-dns-forwarding-ipv4aas-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/