Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-chain-query-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 23:05:37 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Chain Query requests in DNS
        Author          : Paul Wouters
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-chain-query-05.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2015-11-16

Abstract:
   This document defines an EDNS0 extension that can be used by a
   security-aware validating Resolver configured to use a Forwarder to
   send a single query, requesting a complete validation path along with
   the regular query answer.  The reduction in queries lowers the
   latency and reduces the need to send multiple queries at once.  This
   extension mandates the use of source IP verified transport such as
   TCP or UDP with EDNS-COOKIE so it cannot be abused in amplification
   attacks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-chain-query/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-chain-query-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-chain-query-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/