Subject: I-D Action: draft-cui-iss-problem-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2015 20:49:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Internet Storage Sync: Problem Statement
        Authors         : Yong Cui
                          Zeqi Lai
                          Linhui Sun
	Filename        : draft-cui-iss-problem-03.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2015-11-02

Abstract:
   Internet storage services have become more and more popular.  They
   attract a huge number of users and produce a significant share of
   Internet traffic.  Most existing Internet storage services make use
   of proprietary sync protocols with different capabilities to achieve
   the data sync.  However, a single Internet storage service using its
   proprietary sync protocols has intrinsic limitations on service
   usability and network performance.  This document outlines the
   related problems caused by using proprietary sync protocols and
   missing key capabilities.  It also shows a demand for designing a
   standard sync protocol to achieve better usability and sync
   performance.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cui-iss-problem/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cui-iss-problem-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-cui-iss-problem-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/