Subject: I-D Action: draft-nortz-optimal-amt-relay-discovery-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2015 17:50:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Optimal AMT Relay Discovery via DNS in Multi-Network SSM Multicast Environment
        Authors         : Doug Nortz
                          Robert Sayko
                          David Segelstein
                          Percy Tarapore
	Filename        : draft-nortz-optimal-amt-relay-discovery-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2015-11-02

Abstract:
   One of the obstacles to implementing AMT Multicast in a multi-
   network environment is the difficulty an AMT Gateway may have in
   finding an AMT Relay that is optimal.  Optimal in this context means
   that the AMT Relay has multicast connectivity to the Source, and its
   location minimizes the unicast (tunneled) portion of the path to the
   Gateway.  Blind use of the global anycast address specified for AMT
   Relays in "Automatic IP Multicast Without Explicit Tunnels (AMT)"
   (RFC 7450) could result in reaching an AMT Relay that does not have
   multicast connectivity to the source, which would yield a failure to
   obtain the multicast content; or it could result in reaching an AMT
   Relay that is otherwise less than optimal.  This document proposes a
   method for implementing standard DNS procedures so that an AMT
   Gateway using normal DNS queries can virtually always find the
   optimal AMT Relay for a given Source..

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nortz-optimal-amt-relay-discovery/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nortz-optimal-amt-relay-discovery-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/