Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pals-endpoint-fast-protection-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 07:07:38 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : PW Endpoint Fast Failure Protection
        Authors         : Yimin Shen
                          Rahul Aggarwal
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Yuanlong Jiang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pals-endpoint-fast-protection-01.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2015-11-10

Abstract:
   This document specifies a fast mechanism for protecting pseudowires
   against egress endpoint failures, including egress attachment circuit
   failure, egress PE failure, multi-segment PW terminating PE failure,
   and multi-segment PW switching PE failure.  Designed on the basis of
   multi-homed CE, redundant PWs, upstream label assignment and context
   specific label switching, the mechanism enables local repair to be
   performed by the router upstream adjacent to a failure.  The router
   can restore PW traffic in the order of tens of milliseconds, by
   transmitting the traffic to a protector through a pre-established
   bypass tunnel.  Therefore, the mechanism can be used to reduce
   traffic loss before global repair reacts to the failure and the
   network converges on the topology changes due to the failure.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-endpoint-fast-protection/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pals-endpoint-fast-protection-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pals-endpoint-fast-protection-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/