Subject: I-D Action: draft-raszuk-idr-bgp-pr-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 19:51:51 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP Path Record Attribute
        Authors         : Robert Raszuk
                          Russ White
                          Jie Dong
	Filename        : draft-raszuk-idr-bgp-pr-04.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2015-11-22

Abstract:
   The BGP protocol contains number of built in mechanisms which records
   information about the routers which have processed a specific piece
   of reachability information critical to insuring only loop free paths
   are chosen by the protocol.  For instance, the AS_PATH, CLUSTER_LIST
   and ORIGINATOR_ID attributes carry information designed to insure
   permanent routing loops are not formed in the path chosen towards a
   particular destination.  However, there are no provisions to record
   other useful information along the path, metadata about the routers
   through which reachability information has passed which can be
   helpful to the operator in order to enhance end to end visibility of
   the BGP control plane.

   In order to solve this problem this document proposes a new single
   BGP attribute designed as an generic and extensible container to
   carry number of new optional information corresponding to the BGP
   speakers given BGP advertisement (or withdraw) message traverses.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-raszuk-idr-bgp-pr/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-raszuk-idr-bgp-pr-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-raszuk-idr-bgp-pr-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/