Subject: I-D Action: draft-bortzmeyer-dnsop-nxdomain-cut-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 11:33:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : NXDOMAIN really means there is nothing underneath
        Authors         : Stephane Bortzmeyer
                          Shumon Huque
	Filename        : draft-bortzmeyer-dnsop-nxdomain-cut-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2015-11-22

Abstract:
   This document states clearly that when a DNS resolver receives a
   response with response code NXDOMAIN, it means that the name in the
   question section AND ALL THE NAMES UNDER IT do not exist.

   REMOVE BEFORE PUBLICATION: this document should be discussed in the
   IETF DNSOP (DNS Operations) group, through its mailing list.  The
   source of the document, as well as a list of open issues, is
   currently kept at Github [1].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bortzmeyer-dnsop-nxdomain-cut/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bortzmeyer-dnsop-nxdomain-cut-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bortzmeyer-dnsop-nxdomain-cut-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/