Subject: I-D Action: draft-bashandy-rtgwg-bgp-pic-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 16:05:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Abstract
        Authors         : Ahmed Bashandy
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Prodosh Mohapatra
	Filename        : draft-bashandy-rtgwg-bgp-pic-02.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2015-11-09

Abstract:
In the network comprising thousands of iBGP peers exchanging millions
of routes, many routes are reachable via more than one path. Given
the large scaling targets, it is desirable to restore traffic after
failure in a time period that does not depend on the number of BGP
prefixes. In this document we proposed an architecture by which
traffic can be re-routed to ECMP or pre-calculated backup paths in a
timeframe that does not depend on the number of BGP prefixes. The
objective is achieved through organizing the forwarding chains in a
hierarchical manner and sharing forwarding elements among the maximum
possible number of routes. The proposed technique achieves prefix
independent convergence while ensuring incremental deployment,
complete transparency and automation, and zero management and
provisioning effort. It is noteworthy to mention that the benefits of
BGP-PIC are hinged on the existence of more than one path whether as
ECMP or primary-backup.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bashandy-rtgwg-bgp-pic/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bashandy-rtgwg-bgp-pic-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bashandy-rtgwg-bgp-pic-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/