Subject: I-D Action: draft-xie-l3sm-l2vpn-service-model-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 18:53:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : YANG Data Model for L2VPN service
        Authors         : Chongfeng Xie
                          Aijun Wang
                          Roland Schott
                          Dacheng Zhang
	Filename        : draft-xie-l3sm-l2vpn-service-model-01.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2015-11-01

Abstract:
   This document provides an example of service yang data model for
   layer 2 provider provisioned VPN service.  Unlike L3VPN, L2VPN
   doesn't provide L3 interface to customer using IP infrastructure or
   doesn't provide IP connectivity between pairs of customer sites.
   Therefore straight augment the l3vpn model with l2vpn parameters may
   not be appropriate.  However [draft-ietf-l3sm-l3vpn-service-model]
   has defined a lot of reusable groupings such as operational-
   requirements, customer-location-info, site-diversity ,site-
   availability,etc.  In this document, we reuse these common groupings
   and add some l2vpn parameters to develop the l2vpn service model.

   Similar to the l3vpn service model, this model provides an abstracted
   view of the Layer 2 service configuration components.  It will be up
   to a management system to take this as an input and use specific
   configurations models to configure the different network elements to
   deliver the service.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xie-l3sm-l2vpn-service-model/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xie-l3sm-l2vpn-service-model-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-xie-l3sm-l2vpn-service-model-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/