Subject: I-D Action: draft-kumar-sfc-nsh-udp-transport-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 21:36:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : UDP Transport For Network Service Header
        Authors         : Surendra Kumar
                          Larry Kreeger
                          Sumandra Majee
                          Walter Haeffner
                          Rajeev Manur
                          David Melman
	Filename        : draft-kumar-sfc-nsh-udp-transport-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2015-11-16

Abstract:
   This draft describes the transport encapsulation to carry Network
   Service Header (NSH) over UDP protocol.  This enables applications
   and services using NSH to communicate over a simple layer-3 network
   without topological constraints.  It brings down the barrier to
   implement overlay transports by not requiring additional overhead as
   is typical of overlay mechanisms designed on top of UDP.

   As a first benefit, this method eases the deployment of Service
   Function Chaining (SFC) by allowing SFC components to utilize the
   basic UDP/IP stack available in virtually all network elements and
   end systems to setup the overlays and realize SFCs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kumar-sfc-nsh-udp-transport/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kumar-sfc-nsh-udp-transport-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kumar-sfc-nsh-udp-transport-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/