Subject: I-D Action: draft-allman-tcpm-rto-consider-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 20:01:26 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Retransmission Timeout Considerations
        Author          : Mark Allman
	Filename        : draft-allman-tcpm-rto-consider-03.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2015-11-23

Abstract:
    Each implementation of a retransmission timeout mechanism must
    balance correctness and timeliness and therefore no implementation
    is suits all situations.  This document provides for high-level
    guidance for retransmission timeout schemes appropriate for general
    use in the Internet.  Within the guidelines, implementations have
    latitude to define particulars that best address each situation.

Terminology

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-allman-tcpm-rto-consider/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-allman-tcpm-rto-consider-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-allman-tcpm-rto-consider-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/