Subject: I-D Action: draft-boucadair-mptcp-plain-mode-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2015 06:56:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : An MPTCP Option for Network-Assisted MPTCP Deployments: Plain Transport Mode
        Authors         : Mohamed Boucadair
                          Christian Jacquenet
                          Denis Behaghel
                          Stefano Secci
	Filename        : draft-boucadair-mptcp-plain-mode-04.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2015-11-05

Abstract:
   One of the promising deployment scenarios for Multipath TCP (MPTCP)
   is to enable a Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) that is connected to
   multiple networks (e.g., DSL, LTE, WLAN) to optimize the usage of its
   network attachments.  Because of the lack of MPTCP support at the
   server side, some service providers now consider a network-assisted
   model that relies upon the activation of a dedicated function called
   MPTCP Concentrator.  This document focuses on a deployment scheme
   where the identity of the MPTCP Concentrator(s) is explicitly
   configured on connected hosts.

   This document specifies an MPTCP option that is used to avoid an
   encapsulation scheme between the CPE and the MPTCP Concentrator.
   Also, this document specifies how UDP traffic can be distributed
   among available paths without requiring any encapsulation scheme.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-boucadair-mptcp-plain-mode/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-boucadair-mptcp-plain-mode-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-boucadair-mptcp-plain-mode-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/