Subject: I-D Action: draft-khademi-alternativebackoff-ecn-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 00:38:10 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TCP Alternative Backoff with ECN (ABE)
        Authors         : Naeem Khademi
                          Michael Welzl
                          Grenville Armitage
                          Godred Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-khademi-alternativebackoff-ecn-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2015-12-21

Abstract:
   This memo provides an experimental update to RFC3168.  It updates the
   TCP sender-side reaction to a congestion notification received via
   Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN).  The updated method reduces
   cwnd by a smaller amount than TCP does in reaction to loss.  The
   intention is to achieve good throughput when the queue at the
   bottleneck is smaller than the bandwidth-delay-product of the
   connection.  This is more likely when an Active Queue Management
   (AQM) mechanism has used ECN to CE-mark a packet, than when a packet
   was lost.  Future versions of this document will discuss SCTP as well
   as other transports using ECN.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-khademi-alternativebackoff-ecn/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-khademi-alternativebackoff-ecn-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-khademi-alternativebackoff-ecn-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/