Subject: I-D Action: draft-sfc-agv-packet-delay-measurement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 04:30:08 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Packet Delay Measurement for SFC
        Author          : Gaurav Agrawal
	Filename        : draft-sfc-agv-packet-delay-measurement-00.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2015-12-11

Abstract:
   Service provider service level agreements (SLAs) depend on the
   capability to measure and monitor performance metrics for packet
   Delay.

   The common reasons for packet delay are Nodal processing(Algorithmic,
   Packetization etc...), Queuing, Transmission delay, Propagation delay
   and Service Function processing delay.

   Packet Delay Measurement capability also provides operators with
   greater visibility into the performance characteristics of their
   networks, thereby facilitating planning, troubleshooting, and network
   performance evaluation.

   This document specifies best possible efficient and accurate
   mechanism for passive packet delay measurement for Service Function
   Chains (SFCs) for a SFC network domain.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sfc-agv-packet-delay-measurement/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sfc-agv-packet-delay-measurement-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/