Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-spring-problem-statement-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 08:51:05 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Source Packet Routing in Networking Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : SPRING Problem Statement and Requirements
        Authors         : Stefano Previdi
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Bruno Decraene
                          Stephane Litkowski
                          Martin Horneffer
                          Rob Shakir
	Filename        : draft-ietf-spring-problem-statement-06.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2015-12-14

Abstract:
   The ability for a node to specify a forwarding path, other than the
   normal shortest path, that a particular packet will traverse,
   benefits a number of network functions.  Source-based routing
   mechanisms have previously been specified for network protocols, but
   have not seen widespread adoption.  In this context, the term
   'source' means 'the point at which the explicit route is imposed' and
   therefore it is not limited to the originator of the packet (i.e.:
   the node imposing the explicit route may be the ingress node of an
   operator's network).

   This document outlines various use cases, with their requirements,
   that need to be taken into account by the Source Packet Routing in
   Networking (SPRING) architecture for unicast traffic.  Multicast use-
   cases and requirements are out of scope of this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-problem-statement/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-spring-problem-statement-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-spring-problem-statement-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/