Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-manet-rfc5444-usage-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 06:42:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Rules For Designing Protocols Using the RFC 5444 Generalized Packet/ Message Format
        Authors         : Thomas Clausen
                          Christopher Dearlove
                          Ulrich Herberg
                          Henning Rogge
	Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-rfc5444-usage-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2015-12-22

Abstract:
   This document updates the generalized MANET packet/message format,
   specified in RFC 5444, by providing rules and recommendations for how
   protocols can use that packet/message format.  In particular, the
   mandatory rules prohibit a number of uses of RFC 5444 that have been
   suggested in various proposals, and which would have led to
   interoperability problems, to the impediment of protocol extension
   development, and to an inability to use generic RFC 5444 parsers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-rfc5444-usage/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-rfc5444-usage-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-manet-rfc5444-usage-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/