Subject: I-D Action: draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2015 19:41:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DHCPv6 Prefix Length Hint Issues
        Authors         : Yong Cui
                          Tianxiang Li
                          Cong Liu
	Filename        : draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2015-12-02

Abstract:
   DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation [RFC3633] allows a requesting router to
   include a prefix-length hint value in the IA_PD option to indicate a
   preference for the size of the prefix to be delegated, but is unclear
   about how the requesting router and delegating router should act in
   different situations involving the prefix-length hint.  This document
   provides a summary of the existing problems with the prefix-length
   hint and guidance on what the requesting router and delegating router
   could do in different situations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-cui-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/