Subject: I-D Action: draft-varon-hrpc-methodology-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 06:02:36 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Human Rights Protocol Considerations Methodology
        Authors         : Joana Varon
                          Niels ten Oever
                          Claudio Guarnieri
                          Will Scott
                          Corinne Cath
	Filename        : draft-varon-hrpc-methodology-03.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2016-01-27

Abstract:
   This document presents steps undertaken for developing a methodology
   to map engineering concepts at the protocol level that may be related
   to promotion and protection of Human Rights, particularly the right
   to freedom of expression and association.  It aims to facilitate and
   build the work done by the Human Rights Protocol Considerations
   research group in the IRTF, as well as other authors within the IETF.

   Exemplary work [RFC1984] [RFC6973] [RFC7258] has already been done in
   the IETF on privacy issues that should be considered when creating an
   Internet protocol.  But, beyond privacy considerations, concerns for
   freedom of expression and association were also a strong part of the
   world-view of the community involved in developing the first Internet
   protocols.  Indeed, promoting open, secure and reliable connectivity
   is essential for these rights.  But how are this concepts addressed
   in the protocol level?  Are there others?  This ID is intended to
   explain research work done so far and to explore possible
   methodological approaches to move further on exploring and exposing
   the relations between standards and protocols and the promotion and
   protection of the rights to freedom of expression and association.

   Discussion on this draft at: [email-masked] //
   https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/hrpc

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-varon-hrpc-methodology/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-varon-hrpc-methodology-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-varon-hrpc-methodology-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/