Subject: I-D Action: draft-fedyk-sfc-mac-chain-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 10:27:45 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Ethernet MAC Chaining
        Authors         : Paul Bottorff
                          Don Fedyk
                          Hamid Assarpour
	Filename        : draft-fedyk-sfc-mac-chain-01.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2016-01-20

Abstract:
   This document introduces and describes a simple and highly scalable
   service function chaining mechanism called MAC chaining which is
   built largely on existing Ethernet frame and forwarding capabilities.
   MAC chaining uses IEEE 802 Media Access Control (MAC) addresses to
   provide flexible and complete service function chains.  It is largely
   transparent to layers above Ethernet and designed to augment and
   coexist with existing virtual and physical network forwarding. MAC
   chaining is achievable in some devices and virtual switches today
   using existing protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fedyk-sfc-mac-chain/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fedyk-sfc-mac-chain-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fedyk-sfc-mac-chain-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/