Subject: I-D Action: draft-knoll-idr-qos-attribute-17.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 10:36:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP Extended Community for QoS Marking
        Author          : Thomas Martin Knoll
	Filename        : draft-knoll-idr-qos-attribute-17.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2016-01-20

Abstract:
   This document specifies a simple signalling mechanism for inter-
   domain QoS marking using several instances of a new BGP Extended
   Community.  Class based packet marking and forwarding is currently
   performed independently within ASes.  The new QoS marking community
   makes the targeted Per Hop Behaviour within the IP prefix advertising
   AS and the currently applied marking at the interconnection point
   known to all access and transit ASes.  This enables individual
   (re-)marking and possibly forwarding treatment adaptation to the
   original QoS class setup of the respective originating AS.  The
   extended community provides the means to signal QoS markings on
   different layers, which are linked together in QoS Class Sets.  It
   provides inter-domain and cross-layer insight into the QoS class
   mapping of the source AS with minimal signalling traffic.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-knoll-idr-qos-attribute/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-knoll-idr-qos-attribute-17

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-knoll-idr-qos-attribute-17

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/