Subject: I-D Action: draft-templin-aerolink-64.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 15:44:14 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Asymmetric Extended Route Optimization (AERO)
        Author          : Fred L. Templin
	Filename        : draft-templin-aerolink-64.txt
	Pages           : 67
	Date            : 2016-01-12

Abstract:
   This document specifies the operation of IP over tunnel virtual links
   using Asymmetric Extended Route Optimization (AERO).  Nodes attached
   to AERO links can exchange packets via trusted intermediate routers
   that provide forwarding services to reach off-link destinations and
   redirection services for route optimization.  AERO provides an IPv6
   link-local address format known as the AERO address that supports
   operation of the IPv6 Neighbor Discovery (ND) protocol and links IPv6
   ND to IP forwarding.  Admission control, provisioning and mobility
   are supported by the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6
   (DHCPv6), and route optimization is naturally supported through
   dynamic neighbor cache updates.  Although DHCPv6 and IPv6 ND
   messaging are used in the control plane, both IPv4 and IPv6 are
   supported in the data plane.  AERO is a widely-applicable tunneling
   solution using standard control messaging exchanges as described in
   this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-aerolink/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-templin-aerolink-64

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-templin-aerolink-64

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/