Subject: I-D Action: draft-templin-v6ops-pdhost-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2016 15:08:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Delegating a Prefix to a Host for Multi-addressing Purposes
        Author          : Fred L. Templin
	Filename        : draft-templin-v6ops-pdhost-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2016-01-05

Abstract:
   IPv6 prefixes are typically delegated to requesting routers which
   then use them to number their downstream-attached links and networks.
   The requesting router then acts as a router between the downstream-
   attached hosts and the upstream provider network.  The router could
   also act as a host under the weak end system model, and otherwise
   behaves as a standard router.  This document considers the case when
   the "requesting router" is actually a host, and receives a prefix
   that it can use for multi-addressing purposes.  The host does not
   connect any downstream-attached networks, and uses the prefix solely
   for its own multi-addressing purposes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-v6ops-pdhost/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-templin-v6ops-pdhost-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-templin-v6ops-pdhost-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/