Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-rfc6439bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2016 20:54:41 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : TRILL: Appointed Forwarders
        Authors         : Donald Eastlake
                          Yizhou Li
                          Mohammed Umair
                          Ayan Banerjee
                          Fangwei Hu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-rfc6439bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 44
	Date            : 2016-01-05

Abstract:
   TRILL supports multi-access LAN (Local Area Network) links where a
   single link can have multiple end stations and TRILL switches
   attached.  Where multiple TRILL switches are attached to a link,
   native traffic to and from end stations on that link is handled by a
   subset of those TRILL switches called "Appointed Forwarders", with
   the intent that native traffic in each VLAN be handled by at most one
   TRILL switch.  This document clarifies and updates the Appointed
   Forwarder mechanism. It updates RFC 6325, updates RFC 7177, and
   obsoletes RFC 6439.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-rfc6439bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-rfc6439bis-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-rfc6439bis-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/