Subject: I-D Action: draft-lear-mud-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 04:38:55 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Manufacturer Usage Description Framework
        Author          : Eliot Lear
	Filename        : draft-lear-mud-framework-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2016-01-21

Abstract:
   A key presumption of the Internet architecture has been that devices
   are general purpose computers.  By constraining the set of devices
   that connect to the Internet to non-general purpose devices, we can
   introduce a set of network capabilities that provides an additional
   layer of protection to those devices.  One such capability is the
   Manufacturer Usage Description (MUD).  This work builds on many
   existing network capabilities so as to be easily deployable by all
   involved.  The focus of this work is primarily, but not exclusively,
   in the realm of security; and again primarily, but not exclusively,
   relating to smart objects.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lear-mud-framework/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lear-mud-framework-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/