Subject: I-D Action: draft-fenton-smtp-require-tls-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 14:21:37 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SMTP Require TLS Option
        Author          : Jim Fenton
	Filename        : draft-fenton-smtp-require-tls-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2016-01-10

Abstract:
   The SMTP STARTTLS option, used in negotiating transport-level
   encryption of SMTP connections, is not as useful from a security
   standpoint as it might be because of its opportunistic nature;
   message delivery is prioritized over security.  This document
   describes a complementary option, REQUIRETLS, which causes message
   delivery to fail if a TLS connection with the required security
   characteristics cannot be negotiated with the next hop MTA or if that
   MTA does not also support REQUIRETLS.  Message originators may
   therefore expect transport security for messages sent with this
   option.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fenton-smtp-require-tls/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fenton-smtp-require-tls-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/