Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 03:02:05 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Using DANE to Associate OpenPGP public keys with email addresses
        Author          : Paul Wouters
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey-07.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2016-01-27

Abstract:
   OpenPGP is a message format for email (and file) encryption that
   lacks a standardized lookup mechanism to securely obtain OpenPGP
   public keys.  DNS-Based Authentication of Named Entities ("DANE") is
   a method for publishing public keys in DNS.  This document specifies
   a DANE method for publishing and locating OpenPGP public keys in DNS
   for a specific email address using a new OPENPGPKEY DNS Resource
   Record.  Security is provided via Secure DNS, however the OPENPGPKEY
   record is not a replacement for verification of authenticity via the
   "Web of Trust" or manual verification.  The OPENPGPKEY record can be
   used to encrypt an email that would otherwise have to be send
   unencrypted.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/