Subject: I-D Action: draft-mglt-lurk-tls-use-cases-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 13:39:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TLS/DTLS Content Provider Edge Server Split Use Case
        Authors         : Daniel Migault
                          Kevin Ma J
	Filename        : draft-mglt-lurk-tls-use-cases-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2016-01-19

Abstract:
   TLS as been designed to setup and authenticate transport layer
   between endpoints.

   A lot of applications are using TLS in order to set communications
   between the applications end points.

   As long as applications end points and transport end points were
   combined into the same host, application authentication could be
   combined with the transport authentication.

   As the current internet is decoupling the transport and application
   layers, such model may not be applicable anymore.  In other words,
   TLS authentication cannot be handled on behalf of the application
   authentication.

   This document describes use cases where the authentication of the
   transport layer differs from the authentication performed at the
   application layer.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mglt-lurk-tls-use-cases/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mglt-lurk-tls-use-cases-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/