Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-iab-rfc-nonascii-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 10:29:05 -0800

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : The Use of Non-ASCII Characters in RFCs
    Author(s)     : H. Flanagan
    Filename      : draft-iab-rfc-nonascii
    Pages         : 13 
    Date          : 2016-01-13 

   In order to support the internationalization of protocols and a more
   diverse Internet community, the RFC Series must evolve to allow for
   the use of non-ASCII characters in RFCs.  While English remains the
   required language of the Series, the encoding of future RFCs will be
   in UTF-8, allowing for a broader range of characters than typically
   used in the English language.  This document describes the RFC Editor
   requirements and guidance regarding the use of non-ASCII characters
   in RFCs.

   This document updates RFC 7322.  Please review the PDF version of
   this draft.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-rfc-nonascii-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.