Subject: I-D Action: draft-vandevelde-idr-flowspec-path-redirect-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 03:12:50 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Flowspec Indirection-id Redirect
        Authors         : Gunter Van de Velde
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Keyur Patel
	Filename        : draft-vandevelde-idr-flowspec-path-redirect-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2016-01-12

Abstract:
   Flow-spec is an extension to BGP that allows for the dissemination of
   traffic flow specification rules.  This has many possible
   applications but the primary one for many network operators is the
   distribution of traffic filtering actions for DDoS mitigation.  The
   flow-spec standard RFC5575 [2] defines a redirect-to-VRF action for
   policy-based forwarding but this mechanism is not always sufficient,
   particular if the redirected traffic needs to be steered into an
   engineered path or into a service plane.

   This document defines a new redirect-to-INDIRECTION_ID (32-bit or
   128-bit) flow-spec action to provide advanced redirection
   capabilities.  When activated, the flowspec Indirection-id is used to
   identify the next-hop redirect information within a router locallized
   Indirection-id table.  This allows a flowspec controller to signal
   redirection towards a next-hop IP address, a shortest path tunnel, a
   traffic engineered tunnel or a next-next-hop (traffic engineered)
   tunnel egress interface.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vandevelde-idr-flowspec-path-redirect/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vandevelde-idr-flowspec-path-redirect-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-vandevelde-idr-flowspec-path-redirect-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/