Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-i2rs-pub-sub-requirements-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 11:18:07 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Interface to the Routing System Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Requirements for Subscription to YANG Datastores
        Authors         : Eric Voit
                          Alexander Clemm
                          Alberto Gonzalez Prieto
	Filename        : draft-ietf-i2rs-pub-sub-requirements-04.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2016-01-04

Abstract:
   This document provides requirements for a service that allows client
   applications to subscribe to updates of a YANG datastore.  Based on
   criteria negotiated as part of a subscription, updates will be pushed
   to targeted recipients.  Such a capability eliminates the need for
   periodic polling of YANG datastores by applications and fills a
   functional gap in existing YANG transports (i.e.  Netconf and
   Restconf).  Such a service can be summarized as a "pub/sub" service
   for YANG datastore updates.  Beyond a set of basic requirements for
   the service, various refinements are addressed.  These refinements
   include: periodicity of object updates, filtering out of objects
   underneath a requested a subtree, and delivery QoS guarantees.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-pub-sub-requirements/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-i2rs-pub-sub-requirements-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-i2rs-pub-sub-requirements-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/