Subject: I-D Action: draft-iab-rfc-plaintext-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 22:56:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Requirements for Plain-Text RFCs
        Author          : Heather Flanagan
	Filename        : draft-iab-rfc-plaintext-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2016-01-12

Abstract:
   In 2013, after a great deal of community discussion, the decision was
   made to shift from the plain-text, ASCII-only canonical format for
   RFCs to XML as the canonical format with more human-readable formats
   rendered from that XML.  The high-level requirements that informed
   this change were defined in RFC6949, "RFC Series Format Requirements
   and Future Development."  Plain text remains an important format for
   many in the IETF community, and will still be one of the publication
   formats rendered from the XML.  This draft documents the rendering
   requirements for the plain-text RFC publication format.  These
   requirements do not apply to plain-text RFCs published before the
   format transition.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-rfc-plaintext/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-rfc-plaintext-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/