Subject: I-D Action: draft-thomson-http2-client-certs-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 14:23:14 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Reactive Certificate-Based Client Authentication in HTTP/2
        Authors         : Martin Thomson
                          Mike Bishop
	Filename        : draft-thomson-http2-client-certs-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2016-01-22

Abstract:
   Some HTTP servers provide a subset of resources that require
   additional authentication to interact with.  HTTP/1.1 servers rely on
   TLS renegotiation that is triggered by a request to a protected
   resource.  HTTP/2 made this pattern impossible by forbidding the use
   of TLS renegotiation.  While TLS 1.3 provides an alternate mechanism
   to obtain client certificates, this mechanism does not map well to
   usage in TLS 1.2.

   This document describes a how client authentication might be
   requested by a server as a result of receiving a request to a
   protected resource.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thomson-http2-client-certs/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thomson-http2-client-certs-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-thomson-http2-client-certs-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/