Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-chain-query-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 08:31:57 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations of the IETF.

        Title           : Chain Query requests in DNS
        Author          : Paul Wouters
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-chain-query-07.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2016-02-18

Abstract:
   This document defines an EDNS0 extension that can be used by a
   security-aware validating resolver configured to use a Forwarder to
   send a single query, requesting a complete validation path along with
   the regular query answer.  The reduction in queries potentially
   lowers the latency and reduces the need to send multiple queries at
   once.  This extension mandates the use of source IP verified
   transport such as TCP or UDP with EDNS-COOKIE so it cannot be abused
   in amplification attacks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-chain-query/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-chain-query-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-chain-query-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/