Subject: I-D Action: draft-hares-idr-flowspec-combo-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 16:57:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : An Information Model for Basic Network Policy and Filter Rules
        Author          : Susan Hares
	Filename        : draft-hares-idr-flowspec-combo-00.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2016-02-07

Abstract:
   BGP flow specification (RFC5575) describes the distribution of
   filters and actions that apply when packets are received on a router
   with the flow specification function turned on.  If one considers the
   reception of the packet as an event, then BGP flow specification
   describes a set of minimalistic Event-Match Condition-Action
   policies.  The initial set of policy (RFC5575 and RFC7674) for this
   policy includes 12 types of match filters encoded in the NLRI for two
   types of SAFIs (IP-only SAFI, 133; VPN SAFI, 134) for IPv4.  The
   popularity of these flow specification filters in deployment for DoS
   and SDN/NFV has led to the requirement for more BGP flow
   specification match filters in the NLRI and more BGP flow
   specification actions.

   This document provides rules for combining new flow specification
   packet ECA policies which support IPv6, L2, nvo03 and MPLS match
   filters, and new actions.  This document also provides rules for the
   interaction of IDR Flow Specification policy (session ephemeral
   policy) with policy found in I2RS (reboot ephemeral policy), and
   policy found in ACLs and Policy routing (configuration policy).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hares-idr-flowspec-combo/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hares-idr-flowspec-combo-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/