Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 05:31:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Uniform Resource Names, Revised Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Uniform Resource Names (URNs)
        Authors         : Peter Saint-Andre
                          John C Klensin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-15.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2016-02-04

Abstract:
   A Uniform Resource Name (URN) is a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)
   that is assigned under the "urn" scheme and a particular URN
   namespace, with the intent that the URN will be either a persistent,
   location-independent resource identifier or in some cases an abstract
   designator that is persistent but that does not identify a resource.
   With regard to URN syntax, this document defines the canonical syntax
   for URNs (in a way that is consistent with URI syntax), specifies
   methods for determining URN equivalence, and discusses URI
   conformance.  With regard to URN namespaces, this document specifies
   a method for defining a URN namespace and associating it with a
   namespace identifier, and describes procedures for registering
   namespace identifiers with the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
   (IANA).  This document obsoletes both RFC 2141 and RFC 3406.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-urnbis-rfc2141bis-urn-15

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/