Subject: I-D Action: draft-hansen-nonkeywords-non2119-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 13:06:36 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Non-Normative Synonyms in RFCs
        Authors         : Tony Hansen
                          D. Crocker
	Filename        : draft-hansen-nonkeywords-non2119-04.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2016-02-26

Abstract:
   Specifications in RFCs contain normative keywords, as defined in RFC
   2119, to signify requirements, permission or prohibitions.  These
   include MUST, SHOULD and MAY, which are commonly recorded in all
   CAPITALS (but need not be).  The RFC 2119 words are sometimes also
   used with non-normative meaning; this non-normative usage can be
   confusing and it is better to restrict the RFC 2119 words to be used
   solely as normative directives.

   Happily, natural languages permit variation in phrasing, so that
   meaning can be retained without use of this otherwise-normative
   vocabulary.  For such situations, this document provides some
   alternatives to the normative vocabulary of RFC 2119.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hansen-nonkeywords-non2119/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hansen-nonkeywords-non2119-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hansen-nonkeywords-non2119-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/