Subject: I-D Action: draft-chin-nfvrg-model-dynamic-service-chain-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 08:29:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Model Based Approach to Dynamic Service Chaining
        Author          : Jonathan Chin
	Filename        : draft-chin-nfvrg-model-dynamic-service-chain-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2016-02-03

Abstract:
   In the context of Network Function Virtualization (NFV), a service
   chain refers to a group of Virtual Network Functions (VNFs) deployed
   in a virtual infrastructure manager (VIM) environment, such as
   OpenStack, to apply a set of networking services to users' traffic
   passing through it.

   Depending on the service requirements, the service chain may consist
   of a single VNF or multiple VNFs deployed serially, or in parallel,
   and the Virtual Network Forwarding Graph (VNF-G) describes the
   topologies of how these VNFs are interconnected together via virtual
   links to provide different networking services.

   After a service chain is deployed, its user may require to modify
   the VNF-G from time to time, and on-demand, to meet changing service
   requirements. Therefore, operators may require to support a high
   degree of flexibility to orchestrate the provisioning and dynamic
   modifications of VNFs in service chains.

   This document presents a hierarchical model based approach to allow
   the NFV Orchestrator (NFV-O) and the VNF Manager (VNF-M) to support
   the dynamic provisioning and on-demand modifications of VNFs in
   service chains.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chin-nfvrg-model-dynamic-service-chain/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chin-nfvrg-model-dynamic-service-chain-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-chin-nfvrg-model-dynamic-service-chain-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/