Subject: I-D Action: draft-koster-t2trg-hypertext-language-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 15:40:12 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Model-Based Hypertext Language
        Author          : Michael Koster
	Filename        : draft-koster-t2trg-hypertext-language-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2016-02-21

Abstract:
   Interoperability for connected things is improving in a number of
   important areas, converging around Internet Protocol (IP) and
   internet design patterns.  Hypermedia is becoming more common with
   web linking becoming part of a number of important standards.

   However, there is still an interoperability gap in how application
   semantics are defined and used.  Many organizations and industry
   alliances are defining vocabulary and taxonomy for application
   domains, independent of each other.  These vocabularies are often
   bound to particular conceptual models, and are often semantically
   incompatible with each other.  While it may be possible to adapt
   protocols and convert representations, it is difficult to develop a
   common application framework that works across ecosystems and
   domains.

   This article proposes a method that can be reused across application
   domains and across ecosystems, to define a shared conceptual model
   and common vocabulary.  A public resource is described which does for
   connected things what schema.org does for web commerce, to provide a
   community driven vocabulary and simple ontology that enables web
   scale interoperability between applications and connected things.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-koster-t2trg-hypertext-language/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-koster-t2trg-hypertext-language-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/