Subject: I-D Action: draft-shen-mpls-egress-protection-framework-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 07:38:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : MPLS Egress Protection Framework
        Authors         : Yimin Shen
                          Minto Jeyananth
	Filename        : draft-shen-mpls-egress-protection-framework-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2016-02-25

Abstract:
   This document specifies a fast reroute framework for protecting MPLS
   tunnels and IP/MPLS services against egress router failures.  The
   framework relies on local detection and local repair to be performed
   by the router upstream adjacent to a failure.  The router can restore
   traffic in the order of tens of milliseconds, by rerouting it to a
   protector through a pre-established bypass tunnel.  Therefore, the
   mechanism can be used to reduce traffic loss before global repair
   reacts to the failure and control plane protocols converge on the
   topology changes due to the failure.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shen-mpls-egress-protection-framework/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shen-mpls-egress-protection-framework-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-shen-mpls-egress-protection-framework-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/