Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-sipcore-dns-dual-stack-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 11:29:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Locating Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Servers in a Dual-Stack IP Network
        Authors         : Olle E. Johansson
                          Gonzalo Salgueiro
                          Vijay Gurbani
                          Dale R. Worley
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipcore-dns-dual-stack-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2016-02-01

Abstract:
   RFC 3263 defines how a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
   implementation, given a SIP Uniform Resource Identifier (URI), should
   locate the next hop SIP server using Domain Name System (DNS)
   procedures.  As SIP networks increasingly transition from IPv4-only
   to dual-stack, a quality user experience must be ensured for dual-
   stack SIP implementations.  This document updates the DNS procedures
   described in RFC 3263 for dual-stack SIP implementations in
   preparation for forthcoming specifications for applying Happy
   Eyeballs to SIP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-dns-dual-stack/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipcore-dns-dual-stack-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sipcore-dns-dual-stack-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/