Subject: I-D Action: draft-pelov-core-cosol-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 03:28:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Constrained Signaling Over LP-WAN
        Authors         : Alexander Pelov
                          Laurent Toutain
                          Yannick Delibie
	Filename        : draft-pelov-core-cosol-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2016-02-17

Abstract:
   This document presents a new type of long-range, low-rate radio
   technologies and an extensible mechanism to operate these networks
   based on CoAP.  The emerging Low-Power Wide-Area Networks (LP-WAN)
   present a particular set of constraints, which places them at the
   intersection of infrastructure networks, ultra-dense networks, delay-
   tolerant networks and low-power and lossy networks.  The main
   objectives of LP-WAN signaling is to minimize the number of exchanged
   messages, minimize the size of each message in a secure and
   extensible manner, all with keeping the fundamental principle of
   technology-independence (L2-independence).  This document describes
   the use of the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) as the main
   signaling protocol for LP-WAN, over which minimal messages are
   exchanged allowing the full operation of the network, such as
   authentication, authorization, and management.  The use of CoAP
   signaling provides a generic mechanism that can be applied to
   different LP-WAN technologies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pelov-core-cosol/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pelov-core-cosol-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-pelov-core-cosol-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/