Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ntp-checksum-trailer-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 02:11:23 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Time Protocol of the IETF.

        Title           : UDP Checksum Complement in the Network Time Protocol (NTP)
        Author          : Tal Mizrahi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ntp-checksum-trailer-04.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2016-02-15

Abstract:
   The Network Time Protocol (NTP) allows clients to synchronize to a
   time server using timestamped protocol messages. To facilitate
   accurate timestamping, some implementations use hardware-based
   timestamping engines that integrate the accurate transmission time
   into every outgoing NTP packet during transmission. Since these
   packets are transported over UDP, the UDP checksum field is then
   updated to reflect this modification. This document proposes an
   extension field that includes a 2-octet Checksum Complement, allowing
   timestamping engines to reflect the checksum modification in the last
   2 octets of the packet rather than in the UDP checksum field. The
   behavior defined in this document is interoperable with existing NTP
   implementations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-checksum-trailer/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ntp-checksum-trailer-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ntp-checksum-trailer-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/