Subject: I-D Action: draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 04:04:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : CoAP option for no server-response
        Authors         : Abhijan Bhattacharyya
                          Soma Bandyopadhyay
                          Arpan Pal
                          Tulika Bose
	Filename        : draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-14.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2016-02-17

Abstract:
   There can be M2M scenarios where responses from a server against
   requests from client are redundant. This kind of open-loop exchange
   (with no response path from the server to the client) may be desired
   to minimize resource consumption in constrained systems while
   updating a bulk of resources simultaneously, or updating a resource
   with a very high frequency. CoAP already provides a non-confirmable
   (NON) mode of message exchange where the server end-point does not
   respond with ACK. However, obeying the request/response semantics,
   the server end-point responds back with a status code indicating
   "the result of the attempt to understand and satisfy the request".

   This document introduces a header option for CoAP called 'No-
   Response'. Using this option the client can explicitly tell the
   server to suppress all responses against the particular request.
   This option also provides granular control to enable suppression of
   a particular class of response or a combination of response-classes.
   This option may be effective for both unicast and multicast
   requests. This document also discusses a few exemplary applications
   which benefit from this option.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-14

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/