Subject: I-D Action: draft-sullivan-dns-class-useless-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 17:09:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The DNS Class Field is Not Useful
        Author          : Andrew Sullivan
	Filename        : draft-sullivan-dns-class-useless-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2016-02-14

Abstract:
   Domain Name System Resource Records are identified in part by their
   class.  The class field is not effective, and it is not used the way
   it appears to have been intended.  This memo makes no recommendation
   about the DNS parameters registry, but urges those defining new
   RRTYPEs to define them for all classes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sullivan-dns-class-useless/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sullivan-dns-class-useless-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/