Subject: I-D Action: draft-anggawijaya-pim-resilient-gmp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 14:04:00 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Improving IGMPv3 and MLDv2 Resilience
        Author          : Hermin Anggawijaya
	Filename        : draft-anggawijaya-pim-resilient-gmp-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2016-02-23

Abstract:
   Host devices send IGMP or MLD group membership report messages to
   tell the designated router (DR) which multicast groups they want to
   receive.
   These messages are sent repeatedly up to maximum number of times
   determined by the 'Robustness Variable' setting. However, in certain
   situations, those messages could get lost.
   This draft proposes a mechanism whereby host devices attached to a
   local area network where the querier and the DR are the same device,
   can request the querier to acknowledge each report message it
   receives, ensuring report messages reception by the DR.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-anggawijaya-pim-resilient-gmp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-anggawijaya-pim-resilient-gmp-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-anggawijaya-pim-resilient-gmp-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/