Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-default-iids-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 03:03:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance of the IETF.

        Title           : Recommendation on Stable IPv6 Interface Identifiers
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Alissa Cooper
                          Dave Thaler
                          Will Liu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-default-iids-10.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2016-02-17

Abstract:
   This document changes the default Interface Identifier generation
   scheme for SLAAC to that specified in RFC7217, and recommends against
   embedding link-layer addresses in IPv6 Interface Identifiers.  It
   formally updates RFC2464, RFC2467, RFC2470, RFC2491, RFC2492,
   RFC2497, RFC2590, RFC3146, RFC3572, RFC4291, RFC4338, RFC4391,
   RFC5072, and RFC5121, by removing the text in these RFCs that
   required the IPv6 Interface Identifiers to be derived from the
   underlying link-layer address, and replacing the aforementioned text
   with a pointer to this document.  Additionally, this document updates
   RFC3315 by specifying additional requirements on the generation of
   Interface Identifiers used in Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
   version 6 (DHCPv6).  It also provides advice to system administrators
   who employ manual configuration.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-default-iids/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-default-iids-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-default-iids-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/