Subject: I-D Action: draft-ivanov-sipcore-pnsip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 06:02:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Push Notifications in the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
        Author          : Viktor Ivanov
	Filename        : draft-ivanov-sipcore-pnsip-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2016-02-29

Abstract:
   The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) allows User Agents to register
   for inbound requests.  However, the existence of firewalls and
   Network Address Translators (NATs) prevent servers from reaching the
   User Agents unless the User Agents keep connections to the server
   alive.

   To keep such connections alive User Agents employ various methods,
   most of which require constant uptime resulting in high energy cost.
   This is especially a problem on mobile platforms that operate
   entirely on battery power.  To resolve these issues many mobile
   manufacturers have provided a cost effective way of pushing messages
   to their devices.

   This specification defines behaviors for User Agents, registrars and
   proxy servers that allow a User Agent to provide a Push Notification
   Configuration to its Registrar.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ivanov-sipcore-pnsip/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ivanov-sipcore-pnsip-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/