Subject: I-D Action: draft-shen-mpls-egress-protection-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 15:47:48 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : MPLS Egress Protection Framework
        Authors         : Yimin Shen
                          Minto Jeyananth
	Filename        : draft-shen-mpls-egress-protection-framework-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2016-02-17

Abstract:
   This document specifies a fast reroute framework for protecting MPLS
   tunnels and the IP/MPLS services carried by them against egress
   router failures.  The framework relies on local detection and local
   repair to be performed by the router upstream adjacent to a failure.
   The router can restore traffic in the order of tens of milliseconds,
   by rerouting it to a protector through a pre-established bypass
   tunnel.  Therefore, the mechanism can be used to reduce traffic loss
   before global repair reacts to the failure and control plane
   protocols converge on the topology changes due to the failure.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shen-mpls-egress-protection-framework/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shen-mpls-egress-protection-framework-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/