Subject: I-D Action: draft-rosenau-dyndns-nat46-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 13:09:23 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv4-to-IPv6 translation mechanism with DynDNS
        Author          : Martin D. J. Rosenau
	Filename        : draft-rosenau-dyndns-nat46-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2016-02-04

Abstract:
   Many devices in private homes can be controlled via Web browser from
   another computer in the internet.  This assumes that the IP address
   of the device is known and that the private internet access has a
   public IP address at all.

   Due to the IPv4 address shortage many internet providers only provide
   IPv6 internet access while many internet accesses (and therefore Web
   browsers) are IPv4-only.

   This document describes a method that allows an internet service
   provider that also provides dynamic DNS to the customers to allow
   accessing IPv6-only devices from IPv4-only Web browsers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rosenau-dyndns-nat46/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rosenau-dyndns-nat46-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/