Subject: I-D Action: draft-wilde-registries-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 16:15:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Use of Registries
        Author          : Erik Wilde
	Filename        : draft-wilde-registries-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2016-02-01

Abstract:
   Registries on the Internet and the Web fulfill a wide range of tasks,
   ranging from low-level networking aspects such as packet type
   identifiers, all the way to application-level protocols and
   standards.  This document summarizes some of the reasons of why and
   how to use registries, and how some of them are operated.  It serves
   as a informative reference for specification writers considering
   whether to create and manage a registry, allowing them to better
   understand some of the issues associated with certain design
   discussions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wilde-registries/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wilde-registries-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/