Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 01:45:40 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled Services of the IETF.

        Title           : Optimized Ingress Replication solution for EVPN
        Authors         : Jorge Rabadan
                          Senthil Sathappan
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Ali Sajassi
                          Aldrin Isaac
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2016-02-29

Abstract:
   Network Virtualization Overlay (NVO) networks using EVPN as control
   plane may use ingress replication (IR) or PIM-based trees to convey
   the overlay multicast traffic. PIM provides an efficient solution to
   avoid sending multiple copies of the same packet over the same
   physical link, however it may not always be deployed in the NVO core
   network. IR avoids the dependency on PIM in the NVO network core.
   While IR provides a simple multicast transport, some NVO networks
   with demanding multicast applications require a more efficient
   solution without PIM in the core. This document describes a solution
   to optimize the efficiency of IR in NVO networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/