Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2016 11:05:57 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Information-Centric Networking Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Adaptive Video Streaming over ICN
        Authors         : Cedric Westphal
                          Stefan Lederer
                          Christopher Mueller
                          Andrea Detti
                          Daniel Corujo
                          Jianping Wang
                          Marie-Jose Montpetit
                          Niall Murray
                          Daniel Posch
                          Christian Timmerer
                          Aytac Azgin
                          Shucheng Liu
	Filename        : draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-06.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2016-02-04

Abstract:
   This document considers the consequences of moving the underlying
   network architecture from the current Internet to an Information-
   Centric Network (ICN) architecture on video distribution. As most of
   the traffic in future networks is expected to be video, we consider
   how to modify the existing video streaming mechanisms. Several
   important topics related to video distribution over ICN are
   presented, covering a wide range of scenarios: we look at how to
   evolve DASH to work over ICN, and leverage the recent ISO/IEC MPEG
   Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH) standard; we consider
   layered encoding over ICN; P2P mechanisms introduce distinct
   requirements for video and we look at how to adapt PPSP for ICN;
   IPTV adds delay constraints, and this will create more stringent
   requirements over ICN as well. As part of the discussion on video,
   we discuss DRMs in ICN. Finally, in addition to considering how
   existing mechanisms would be impacted by ICN, this document lists
   some research issues to design ICN specific video streaming
   mechanisms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/