Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-icnrg-challenges-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 04:05:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Information-Centric Networking of the IETF.

        Title           : ICN Research Challenges
        Authors         : Dirk Kutscher
                          Suyong Eum
                          Kostas Pentikousis
                          Ioannis Psaras
                          Daniel Corujo
                          Damien Saucez
                          Thomas C. Schmidt
                          Matthias Waehlisch
	Filename        : draft-irtf-icnrg-challenges-06.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2016-03-19

Abstract:
   This memo describes research challenges for Information-Centric
   Networking (ICN), an approach to evolve the Internet infrastructure
   to directly support information distribution by introducing uniquely
   named data as a core Internet principle.  Data becomes independent
   from location, application, storage, and means of transportation,
   enabling or enhancing a number of desirable features, such as
   security, user-mobility, multicast and in-network caching.
   Mechanisms for realizing these benefits is subject of on-going
   research in the IRTF and elsewhere.  This document describes current
   research challenges in ICN, including naming, security, routing,
   system scalability, mobility management, wireless networking,
   transport services, in-network caching, and network management.

   This document is a product of the IRTF Information-Centric Networking
   Research Group (ICNRG).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-challenges/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-challenges-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-icnrg-challenges-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/