Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-segment-routing-header-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 06:46:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv6 Segment Routing Header (SRH)
        Authors         : Stefano Previdi
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Brian Field
                          Ida Leung
                          Jen Linkova
                          Ebben Aries
                          Tomoya Kosugi
                          Eric Vyncke
                          David Lebrun
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-segment-routing-header-01.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2016-03-18

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) allows a node to steer a packet through a
   controlled set of instructions, called segments, by prepending an SR
   header to the packet.  A segment can represent any instruction,
   topological or service-based.  SR allows to enforce a flow through
   any path (topological, or application/service based) while
   maintaining per-flow state only at the ingress node to the SR domain.

   Segment Routing can be applied to the IPv6 data plane with the
   addition of a new type of Routing Extension Header.  This draft
   describes the Segment Routing Extension Header Type and how it is
   used by SR capable nodes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-segment-routing-header/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-segment-routing-header-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-segment-routing-header-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/