Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dprive-dns-over-tls-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2016 12:35:18 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS PRIVate Exchange of the IETF.

        Title           : Specification for DNS over TLS
        Authors         : Zi Hu
                          Liang Zhu
                          John Heidemann
                          Allison Mankin
                          Duane Wessels
                          Paul Hoffman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dprive-dns-over-tls-07.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2016-03-01

Abstract:
   This document describes the use of TLS to provide privacy for DNS.
   Encryption provided by TLS eliminates opportunities for eavesdropping
   and on-path tampering with DNS queries in the network, such as
   discussed in [RFC7258].  In addition, this document specifies two
   usage profiles for DNS-over-TLS and provides advice on performance
   considerations to minimize overhead from using TCP and TLS with DNS.

   This document focuses on securing stub-to-recursive traffic, as per
   the charter of the DPRIVE working group.  It does not prevent future
   applications of the protocol to recursive-to-authoritative traffic.

   Note: this document was formerly named
   draft-ietf-dprive-start-tls-for-dns.  Its name has been changed to
   better describe the mechanism now used.  Please refer to working
   group archives under the former name for history and previous
   discussion.  [RFC Editor: please remove this paragraph prior to
   publication]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-dns-over-tls/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dprive-dns-over-tls-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dprive-dns-over-tls-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/