Subject: I-D Action: draft-sullivan-dns-class-useless-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 16:03:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The DNS Is Not Classy: DNS Classes Considered Useless
        Author          : Andrew Sullivan
	Filename        : draft-sullivan-dns-class-useless-02.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2016-03-21

Abstract:
   Domain Name System Resource Records are identified in part by their
   class.  The class field is not effective, and it is not used the way
   it appears to have been intended.  This memo closes the DNS class
   registry and requires those defining new RRTYPEs to define them for
   all classes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sullivan-dns-class-useless/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sullivan-dns-class-useless-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sullivan-dns-class-useless-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/