Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-source-discovery-bsr-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 10:47:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocols for IP Multicast of the IETF.

        Title           : PIM flooding mechanism and source discovery
        Authors         : IJsbrand Wijnands
                          Stig Venaas
                          Michael Brig
                          Anders Jonasson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-source-discovery-bsr-04.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2016-03-17

Abstract:
   PIM Sparse-Mode uses a Rendezvous Point and shared trees to forward
   multicast packets from new sources.  Once last hop routers receive
   packets from a new source, they may join the Shortest Path Tree for
   the source for optimal forwarding.  This draft defines a new protcol
   that provides a way to support PIM Sparse Mode (SM) without the need
   for PIM registers, RPs or shared trees.  Multicast source information
   is flooded throughout the multicast domain using a new generic PIM
   flooding mechanism.  This allows last hop routers to learn about new
   sources without receiving initial data packets.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-source-discovery-bsr/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pim-source-discovery-bsr-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pim-source-discovery-bsr-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/