Subject: I-D Action: draft-merged-i2nsf-framework-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 15:09:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Framework for Interface to Network Security Functions
        Authors         : Edward Lopez
                          Diego Lopez
                          Linda Dunbar
                          John Strassner
                          XiaoJun Zhuang
                          Joe Parrott
                          Ramki Krishnan
                          Seetharama Rao Durbha
	Filename        : draft-merged-i2nsf-framework-05.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2016-03-16

Abstract:
   This document defines the framework for guiding the functionality
   provided by I2NSF. Network security functions (NSFs) are packet-
   processing engines that inspect and optionally modify packets
   traversing networks, either directly or in the context of sessions
   in which the packet is associated. This document provides an
   overview of how NSFs are used, and describes how NSF software
   interfaces are controlled and monitored using rulesets. The design
   of these software interfaces must prevent the creation of implied
   constraints on NSF capability and functionality.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-merged-i2nsf-framework/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-merged-i2nsf-framework-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-merged-i2nsf-framework-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/