Subject: I-D Action: draft-dong-ospf-maxage-flush-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 02:02:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : OSPF Corrupted MaxAge LSA Flushing Problem Statement
        Authors         : Jie Dong
                          Xudong Zhang
                          Zhenqiang Li
	Filename        : draft-dong-ospf-maxage-flush-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2016-03-16

Abstract:
   In OSPF protocol, Link State Advertisements (LSAs) are exchanged in
   Link State Update (LSU) packets to achieve link state database (LSDB)
   synchronization and consistent route calculation.  The "LS age" field
   is part of the LSA header, which is excluded from the checksum
   calculation of the LSA.  Due to some hardware or software problems,
   the LS age may be corrupted and reach the MaxAge prematurely.
   Flushing of the corrupted MaxAge LSA may cause flooding storm of OSPF
   packets and severely impact the services in the network.

   This document describes the problem of OSPF corrupted MaxAge LSA
   flushing, and specifies the requirements on potential solutions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dong-ospf-maxage-flush-problem-statement/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dong-ospf-maxage-flush-problem-statement-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/