Subject: I-D Action: draft-nrooney-marnew-report-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 09:51:44 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IAB Workshop on Managing Radio Networks in an Encrypted World (MaRNEW) Report
        Author          : Natasha Rooney
	Filename        : draft-nrooney-marnew-report-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2016-03-10

Abstract:
   The MarNEW workshop aimed to discuss solutions for badnwidth
   optimisation on mobile networks for encrypted content, as current
   solutions rely on unencrypted content which is not indicative of the
   security needs of today's internet users.  The workshop gathered IETF
   attendees, IAB members and various organisations involved in the
   telecommunications industry including original equipment
   manufacturers and mobile network operators.

   The group discussed the current internet encryption trends and
   deployment issues identified within the IETF, and the privacy needs
   of users which should be adhered.  Solutions designed around sharing
   data from the network to the endpoints and vice versa were then
   discussed as well as analysing whether the current issues experienced
   on the transport layer are also playing a role here.  Content
   providers and CDNs gave an honest view of their experiences delivery
   content with mobile network operators.  Finally, technical responses
   to regulation was discussed to help the regulated industries relay
   the issues of impossible to implement or bad-for-privacy technologies
   back to regulators.

   A group of suggested solutions were devised which will be discussed
   in various IETF groups moving forward.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nrooney-marnew-report/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nrooney-marnew-report-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/