Subject: I-D Action: draft-voit-netmod-yang-mount-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 11:08:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Requirements for mounting of local and remote YANG subtrees
        Authors         : Eric Voit
                          Alexander Clemm
                          Sander Mertens
	Filename        : draft-voit-netmod-yang-mount-requirements-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2016-03-18

Abstract:
   Applications want simple ways to reference and access YANG objects
   and subtrees.  These simplifications might include aliasing of local
   YANG information.  These simplifications might include remote
   referencing of YANG information distributed across network.

   For such applications, development complexity is a barrier to YANG
   usage and therefore must be minimized.  Specific aspects of
   complexity developers want to ignore include:

   o  whether context specific aliases and paths to the same information
      can be exposed on a single device,

   o  whether authoritative information is actually sourced from local
      or remote datastores,

   o  whether the application needs to manage the overhead of session
      establishment and maintenance in order to access information on
      remote datastores,

   o  whether objects have been locally cached or not, and

   o  whether there is a mix of controllers, NMSs, and/or CLI which have
      access permission to update the primary copy of a particular
      object.

   The solution requirements described in this document detail what is
   needed to support application access to authoritative network YANG
   objects locally (via aliasing), or remotely from controllers or
   peering network devices in such a way to meet these goals.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-voit-netmod-yang-mount-requirements/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-voit-netmod-yang-mount-requirements-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/