Subject: I-D Action: draft-valin-netvc-deringing-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 16:37:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Directional Deringing Filter
        Author          : Jean-Marc Valin
	Filename        : draft-valin-netvc-deringing-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2016-03-21

Abstract:
   This document describes a deringing filter that takes into account
   the direction of edges and patterns being filtered.  The filter works
   by identifying the direction of each block and then adaptively
   filtering along the identified direction.  In a second pass, the
   blocks are also filtered in a different direction, with more
   conservative thresholds to avoid blurring edges.  The proposed
   deringing filter is shown to improve the quality of both Daala and
   the Alliance for Open Media (AOM) video codec.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-valin-netvc-deringing/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-valin-netvc-deringing-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-valin-netvc-deringing-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/