Subject: I-D Action: draft-margaria-pce-pcep-hlsp-extension-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 16:20:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PCEP Procedures for Hierarchical Label Switched Paths
        Authors         : Cyril Margaria
                          Colby Barth
                          Sudhir Cheruathur
                          Ben J.C. Tsai
	Filename        : draft-margaria-pce-pcep-hlsp-extension-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2016-03-21

Abstract:
   Label Switched Paths (LSPs) set up in Multiprotocol Label Switching
   (MPLS) or Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks can be used to form links
   to carry traffic in those networks or in other (client) networks.
   These LSPs can be referred to as Hierarchical LSPs (H-LSP).  H-LSPs
   allow to improve the scalability of MPLS/GMPLS networks by creating
   hierarchies of TE-LSPs.  Those hierarchies are an important state for
   optimal TE-Computation, therefore a stateful PCE should be able to
   discover and manage those H-LSPs.  A PCE having a global view of the
   network, including Forwarding Adjacencies LSP (FA-LSP) and non FA-
   LSPs, can create more optimal hierachies and (re-)compute the TE-LSPs
   path to make use of the H-LSPs.  In particular a PCE can better
   leverage the Private H-LSP introduced by RFC6107 without influencing
   the IGP, allowing a less disruptive use of Hierarchies.

   RFC6107 defined Protocol mechanisms to facilitate the establishment
   of such LSPs and to bundle traffic engineering (TE) links to reduce
   the load on routing protocols.

   This document defines PCEP extensions to learn about and control
   those H-LSPs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-margaria-pce-pcep-hlsp-extension/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-margaria-pce-pcep-hlsp-extension-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/