Subject: I-D Action: draft-fujiwara-dnsop-nsec-aggressiveuse-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 23:05:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations of the IETF.

        Title           : Aggressive use of NSEC/NSEC3
        Authors         : Kazunori Fujiwara
                          Akira Kato
	Filename        : draft-fujiwara-dnsop-nsec-aggressiveuse-03.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2016-03-17

Abstract:
   While DNS highly depends on cache, its cache usage of non-existence
   information has been limited to exact matching.  This draft proposes
   the aggressive use of a NSEC/NSEC3 resource record, which is able to
   express non-existence of a range of names authoritatively.  With this
   proposal, it is expected that shorter latency to many of negative
   responses as well as some level of mitigation of random sub-domain
   attacks (referred to as "Water Torture" attacks).  It is also
   expected that non-existent TLD queries to Root DNS servers will
   decrease.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fujiwara-dnsop-nsec-aggressiveuse/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fujiwara-dnsop-nsec-aggressiveuse-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fujiwara-dnsop-nsec-aggressiveuse-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/