Subject: I-D Action: draft-mayer-ntp-mac-extension-field-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 11:23:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Network Time Protocol Version 4 (NTPv4) MAC Extension Field
        Authors         : Danny Mayer
                          Harlan Stenn
	Filename        : draft-mayer-ntp-mac-extension-field-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2016-03-14

Abstract:
   The Network Time Protocol Version 4 (NTPv4) defines in RFC5905 the
   optional usage of Message Authentication Code (MAC). The MAC is an
   optional component of the NTP packet at the end of the packet. There
   can only be one MAC segment in the packet but there is no way of
   knowing if the last data segment at the end of an NTP packet is a MAC
   or an extension field, which is also defined in RFC5905. This draft
   defines a MAC extension field which will allow the existing MAC
   segment to be moved into an extension field and have a known length
   and deprecates the existing MAC.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mayer-ntp-mac-extension-field/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mayer-ntp-mac-extension-field-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/