Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-bess-4pe-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2016 17:54:12 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Connecting IPv4 Islands over IPv6 MPLS Using IPv4 Provider Edge Routers (4PE)
        Author          : Zhenqiang Li
	Filename        : draft-li-bess-4pe-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2016-03-07

Abstract:
   This document explains how to interconnect IPv4 islands over a
   Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)-enabled IPv6-only core.  This
   approach relies on IPv4 Provider Edge routers (4PE), which are Dual
   Stacks in order to connect to IPv4 islands and to the MPLS core.  The
   4PE routers exchange the IPv4 reachability information transparently
   over the core using the Multiprotocol Border Gateway Protocol (MP-
   BGP).  MP-BGP is extended to do this.  A new Subsequence Address
   Family Identifier (SAFI) with corresponding new format Network Layer
   Reachability Information (NLRI), is introduced.  The BGP Next Hop
   field is used to convey the IPv4 address of the 4PE router, a field
   is added in Network Layer Reachability Information (NLRI) to convey
   the IPv6 address of the 4PE router, so that dynamically established
   IPv6-signaled MPLS Label Switched Paths (LSPs) can be used without
   explicit tunnel configuration.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-bess-4pe/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-bess-4pe-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-li-bess-4pe-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/