Subject: I-D Action: draft-herbert-remotecsumoffload-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2016 08:41:00 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Remote checksum offload for encapsulation
        Author          : Tom Herbert
	Filename        : draft-herbert-remotecsumoffload-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2016-02-29

Abstract:
   This document describes remote checksum offload for encapsulation,
   which is a mechanism that provides checksum offload of encapsulated
   packets using rudimentary offload capabilities found in most Network
   Interface Card (NIC) devices. The outer header checksum e.g. that in
   UDP or GRE) is enabled in packets and, with some additional meta
   information, a receiver is able to deduce the checksum to be set for
   an inner encapsulated packet. Effectively this offloads the
   computation of the inner checksum. Enabling the outer checksum in
   encapsulation has the additional advantage that it covers more of the
   packet than the inner checksum including the encapsulation headers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herbert-remotecsumoffload/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbert-remotecsumoffload-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-herbert-remotecsumoffload-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/