Subject: I-D Action: draft-gomez-lpwan-fragmentation-header-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 07:59:45 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Optimized 6LoWPAN Fragmentation Header for LPWAN 
        Authors         : Carles Gomez
                          Josep Paradells
                          Jon Crowcroft
	Filename        : draft-gomez-lpwan-fragmentation-header-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2016-03-10

Abstract:
   LPWAN technologies are characterized by a very limited data unit and/
   or payload size, often one order of magnitude below the one in IEEE
   802.15.4.  However, many such technologies do not support layer 2
   fragmentation.  The 6LoWPAN fragmentation header defined in RFC 4944
   represents very high overhead for LPWAN technologies, and it even
   does not support transporting IPv6 datagrams that require
   fragmentation over layer 2 technologies of a payload size below 13
   bytes.  This specification defines an optimized 6LoWPAN fragmentation
   header for LPWAN.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gomez-lpwan-fragmentation-header/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gomez-lpwan-fragmentation-header-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/