Subject: I-D Action: draft-ymbk-idr-bgp-open-policy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 07:51:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Route Leak Detection and Filtering using Roles in Update and Open messages
        Authors         : Alexander Azimov
                          Eugene Bogomazov
                          Randy Bush
	Filename        : draft-ymbk-idr-bgp-open-policy-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2016-03-21

Abstract:
   Route Leaks are propagation of BGP prefixes which violate assumptions
   of BGP topology relationships; e.g. passing a route learned from one
   peer to another peer or to a transit provider, passing a route
   learned from one transit provider to another transit provider or to a
   peer.  Today, approaches to leak prevention rely on marking routes
   according to some configuration options without any check of the
   configuration corresponds to that of the BGP neighbor, or enforcement
   that the two BGP speakers agree on the relationship.  This document
   enhances BGP Open to establish agreement of the (peer, customer,
   provider, internal) relationship of two BGP neighboring speakers to
   enforce appropriate configuration on both sides.  Propagated routes
   are then marked with a flag according to agreed relationship allowing
   detection and mitigation of route leaks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ymbk-idr-bgp-open-policy/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ymbk-idr-bgp-open-policy-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/