Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2016 17:13:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Deterministic Networking of the IETF.

        Title           : Deterministic Networking Use Cases
        Authors         : Ethan Grossman
                          Craig Gunther
                          Pascal Thubert
                          Patrick Wetterwald
                          Jean Raymond
                          Jouni Korhonen
                          Yu Kaneko
                          Subir Das
                          Yiyong Zha
                          Balázs Varga
                          János Farkas
                          Franz-Josef Goetz
                          Juergen Schmitt
	Filename        : draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases-06.txt
	Pages           : 73
	Date            : 2016-03-04

Abstract:
   This draft documents requirements in several diverse industries to
   establish multi-hop paths for characterized flows with deterministic
   properties.  In this context deterministic implies that streams can
   be established which provide guaranteed bandwidth and latency which
   can be established from either a Layer 2 or Layer 3 (IP) interface,
   and which can co-exist on an IP network with best-effort traffic.

   Additional requirements include optional redundant paths, very high
   reliability paths, time synchronization, and clock distribution.
   Industries considered include wireless for industrial applications,
   professional audio, electrical utilities, building automation
   systems, radio/mobile access networks, automotive, and gaming.

   For each case, this document will identify the application, identify
   representative solutions used today, and what new uses an IETF DetNet
   solution may enable.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/