Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-ccamp-transport-ctrlnorth-yang-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2016 23:48:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : YANG Models for the Northbound Interface of a Transport Network Controller: Requirements, Functions, and a List of YANG Models
        Authors         : Xian Zhang
                          Ruiquan Jing
                          Wei Jian
                          Jeong-dong Ryoo
                          Yunbin Xu
                          Daniel King
	Filename        : draft-zhang-ccamp-transport-ctrlnorth-yang-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2016-03-06

Abstract:
   A transport network is a server-layer network designed to provide
   connectivity services for a client-layer network to carry the client
   traffic opaquely across the server-layer network resources.  A
   transport network may be constructed from equipment utilizing any of
   a number of different transport technologies such as the evolving
   optical transport infrastructure (Synchronous Optical Networking
   (SONET) / Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) and Optical Transport
   Network (OTN)) or packet transport as epitomized by the MPLS
   Transport Profile (MPLS-TP).

   All transport networks have high benchmarks for reliability and
   operational simplicity.  This suggests a common, technology-
   independent management/control paradigm that can be extended to
   represent and configure specific technology attributes.

   This document describes the requirements facing transport networks
   in order to provide open interfaces for resource programmability and
   control/management automation. A list of existing and additional
   YANG models is provided to fulfill the functional requirements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-ccamp-transport-ctrlnorth-yang/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-ccamp-transport-ctrlnorth-yang-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/