Subject: I-D Action: draft-zha-detnet-requirments-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 02:06:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Deterministic Networking Requirements on Data and Control Plane
        Authors         : Yiyong Zha
                          Liang Geng
	Filename        : draft-zha-detnet-requirments-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2016-03-16

Abstract:
   Deterministic Networking (DetNet) is focused on how to serve time
   critical flow with low data loss and bounded delay. Unlike
   contemporary solution which improves QoS such as TE, redundant
   bandwidth provisioning and dedicated channel reservation, DetNet
   provides more general approaches that use IP-based techniques and
   guarantee the worst-case latency of DetNet flows while allowing
   sharing among best-effort flows. For this purpose, DetNet may
   require upgraded or redefined data plane as well as control plane,
   since current networking cannot assure maximum end-to-end latency.
   This document describes some technical requirements on possible
   data plane, control plane and DetNet flow modeling that can help
   to clarify those capabilities DetNet should have.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zha-detnet-requirments/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zha-detnet-requirments-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/