Subject: I-D Action: draft-kuehlewind-spud-use-cases-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 03:55:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Use Cases for a Substrate Protocol for User Datagrams (SPUD)
        Authors         : Mirja Kuehlewind
                          Brian Trammell
	Filename        : draft-kuehlewind-spud-use-cases-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2016-03-18

Abstract:
   This document identifies use cases for explicit cooperation between
   endpoints and middleboxes in the Internet under endpoint control.
   These use cases range from relatively low level applications
   (improving the ability for UDP-based protocols to traverse firewalls)
   through support for new transport services (in-flow prioritization
   for graceful in-network degradation of media streams).  They are
   intended to provide background for deriving the requirements for a
   Substrate Protocol for User Datagrams (SPUD), as discussed at the IAB
   Stack Evolution in a Middlebox Internet (SEMI) workshop in January
   2015 and the SPUD BoF session at IETF 92 in March 2015.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuehlewind-spud-use-cases/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kuehlewind-spud-use-cases-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kuehlewind-spud-use-cases-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/