Subject: I-D Action: draft-hares-i2nsf-slss-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 06:18:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Secure Session Layer Services
        Authors         : Susan Hares
                          Robert Moskowitz
	Filename        : draft-hares-i2nsf-slss-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2016-03-21

Abstract:
   Each I2NSF agent and I2NSF client needs to provide application level
   support for management traffic during periods of DDoS and network
   security attacks to deal with congestion (burst and/or continuous),
   high error rates and packet loss due to the attacks, and the
   inability to utilize a transport protocol (E.g.  TCP) due to a
   specific protocol attack.  This application level support needs to be
   able to select the key management system and provide "chunking" of
   data (in order to fit in reduced effective MTUs), compression of data
   (in order to fit into reduced bandwidth), small security envelope )in
   order to maximize room for mangement payload), and fragmentation and
   reassembly at the application layer for those protocols which do not
   support fragmentation/reassembly (E.g.  UDP or SMS).  The application
   layer needs to be able to turn off this features if the system
   detects these features are no longer needed.

   This draft specifies a security session layer services(SSLs) which
   provide these features in terms of an API, and the component features
   (interface to key management systems, data compression, chunking of
   data, secure session envelope (SSE) to send data, and fragmentation
   and reassembly, and ability to detect existence of attack).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hares-i2nsf-slss/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hares-i2nsf-slss-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/