Subject: I-D Action: draft-activity-identifiers-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 16:55:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Activity Identifiers
        Author          : Scott Perham
	Filename        : draft-activity-identifiers-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2016-03-18

Abstract:
    It is very common that implementers of HTTP severs require the ability
    to associate an identifier to an HTTP request and or response, this can
    be for a number of reasons which could include checking for duplicate
    requests, allowing the caller of an API to maintain a record of their
    interaction with the server or to track client/server requests through
    a disparate system of services. In any case, the implementer will quite
    often use a custom HTTP header and either assign a value itself or
    require the caller to supply the value. This document outlines a
    consistent storage mechanism for this identifier by way of a standard
    HTTP header and a new status code for when a mandated identifier is
    omitted. The purpose is to create better consistency for clients of
    third-party HTTP servers and HTTP based APIs by introducing this
    standard request and response header.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-activity-identifiers/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-activity-identifiers-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/