Subject: I-D Action: draft-hegde-rtgwg-virtual-multi-instance-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 10:56:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Virtual multi-instancing for link state protocols
        Authors         : Shraddha Hegde
                          Salih K.A
                          Mannan Venkatesan
                          Ross Callon
                          Alia K. Atlas
	Filename        : draft-hegde-rtgwg-virtual-multi-instance-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2016-03-21

Abstract:
   In networks with routers of different capabilities, some routers may
   not be able to participate fully in supporting new features or
   handling large databases and the associated flooding.  In some cases,
   these restrictions can cause severe scalability issues for the
   network in general.  This document proposes virtual multi-instances,
   a generic mechanism for OSPF and IS-IS, that allows groups of routers
   in specific topologies to have a reduced database and reduces the
   topology changes that are seen.  The virtual multi-instances are
   specified so that no software or protocol changes are required in the
   restricted routers.  Due to the potential number of virtual multi-
   instances in a network, the configuration is limited and is not
   specified per virtual instance.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hegde-rtgwg-virtual-multi-instance/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hegde-rtgwg-virtual-multi-instance-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hegde-rtgwg-virtual-multi-instance-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/