Subject: I-D Action: draft-stenn-ntp-last-extension-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 19:45:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Network Time Protocol Last Extension Field
        Author          : Harlan Stenn
	Filename        : draft-stenn-ntp-last-extension-00.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2016-03-14

Abstract:
   NTPv4 is defined by RFC 5905 [RFC5905], and it and earlier versions
   of the NTP Protocol have supported symmetric private key MAC
   authentication.  MACs pre-date the Extension Fields introduced in RFC
   5905 [RFC5905], and as the number of Extension Fields grows there is
   an increasing chance of ambiguity when deciding if the "next" set of
   data is an Extension Field or a MAC.  This proposal defines a new
   Extension Field which is used to signifiy that it is the last
   Extension Field in the packet.  If present, any subsequent data
   SHOULD be considered to be a legacy MAC.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-stenn-ntp-last-extension/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-stenn-ntp-last-extension-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/