Subject: I-D Action: draft-hares-idr-flowspec-combo-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2016 14:20:07 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : An Information Model for Basic Network Policy and Filter Rules
        Author          : Susan Hares
	Filename        : draft-hares-idr-flowspec-combo-01.txt
	Pages           : 45
	Date            : 2016-03-05

Abstract:
   BGP flow specification (RFC5575) describes the distribution policy
   that contains filters and actions that apply when packets are
   received on a router with the flow specification function turned on.
   The popularity of these flow specification filters in deployment for
   DoS and SDN/NFV has led to the requirement for more BGP flow
   specification match filters in the NLRI and more BGP flow
   specification actions.  Two solutions exist for adding new filters:
   1) expanding the BGP Flow Specification version 1 (NLRI match filters
   and extended communities actions) to included limited number of
   filters and actions, and 2) creating a BGP Flow Specification version
   2 that allows for ordering filters and actions (using new NLRI and
   wide-communities for actions).  The two solutions can exist in
   parallel.

   This document contains an overview existing proposals for expansion
   of BGP flow specification policy, proposals for BGP Flow
   Specification v1 and a new BGP Flow specification version 2 that
   supports order of filters and actions plus allowing more actions.
   This document also provides rules for the interaction of IDR Flow
   Specification policy (session ephemeral policy) with policy found in
   I2RS (reboot ephemeral policy), and policy found in ACLs and Policy
   routing (configuration policy).  This document does not contain the
   individual definitions of policy rule conditions or actions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hares-idr-flowspec-combo/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hares-idr-flowspec-combo-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hares-idr-flowspec-combo-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/