Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-hbh-header-handling-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 10:33:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv6 Hop-by-Hop Options Extension Header
        Authors         : Fred Baker
                          Ron Bonica
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-hbh-header-handling-03.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2016-03-16

Abstract:
   This document clarifies requirements for IPv6 routers with respect to
   the Hop-by-Hop (HBH) Options Extension Header.  These requirements
   are applicable to all IPv6 routers, regardless of whether they
   maintain a strict separation between forwarding and control plane
   hardware.  In this respect, this document updates RFC 2460 and RFC
   7045.

   This document also describes forwarding plane procedures for
   processing the HBH Options Extension Header.  These procedures are
   applicable to implementations that maintain a strict separation
   between forwarding and control plane implementations.

   The procedures described herein satisfy the above mentioned
   requirements by processing HBH Options on the forwarding plane to the
   greatest degree possible.  If a packet containing HBH Options must be
   dispatched to the control plane, it is rate limited before
   dispatching.  In order to comply with the requirements of this
   specification, implementations may execute the procedures described
   herein or any other procedures that result in compliant behavior.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-hbh-header-handling/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-hbh-header-handling-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-hbh-header-handling-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/