Subject: I-D Action: draft-kumar-sfc-offloads-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 11:22:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Service Function Simple Offloads
        Authors         : Surendra Kumar
                          Jim Guichard
                          Paul Quinn
                          Joel Halpern
	Filename        : draft-kumar-sfc-offloads-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2016-03-15

Abstract:
   Service Function Chaining (SFC) enables services to be delivered by
   selective traffic steering through an ordered set of service
   functions.  Once classified into an SFC, the traffic for a given flow
   is steered through all the service functions of the SFC for the life
   of the traffic flow even though this is often not necessary.
   Steering traffic to service functions only while required and not
   otherwise, leads to shorter SFC forwarding paths with improved
   latencies, reduced resource consumption and better user experience.

   This document describes the rationale, techniques and necessary
   protocol extensions to achieve such optimization, with focus on one
   such technique termed "simple offloads".

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kumar-sfc-offloads/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kumar-sfc-offloads-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kumar-sfc-offloads-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/