Subject: I-D Action: draft-petrescu-its-cacc-sdo-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 05:06:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Cooperative Adaptive Cruise Control and Platooning at SDOs and Gap Analysis
        Authors         : Alexandre Petrescu
                          James Huang
                          Thierry Ernst
                          Rex Buddenberg
                          Charles E. Perkins
	Filename        : draft-petrescu-its-cacc-sdo-05.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2016-04-18

Abstract:
   This document describes the use-cases of Cooperative Adaptive Cruise
   Control, and Platooning, as defined by several Standards Development
   Organizations such as ETSI, IEEE P1609, SAE, 3GPP, ISO and FirstNet.

   C-ACC and Platooning involve concepts of direct vehicle-to-vehicle,
   and device-to-device communications, which are developed by 3GPP
   following on work done within the METIS EU project.  They are
   illustrated very clearly in emergency settings such as FirstNet.

   IP packets - instead of link-layer frames - are pertinent for C-ACC
   and Platooning use-cases because applications for road safety such as
   WAZE, iRezQ and Coyote (currently involving infrastructure) make use
   of IP messages, and have proved successful in deployments.
   Applications such as Sentinel operate directly between vehicles, but
   currently use messages not carried over IP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-petrescu-its-cacc-sdo/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-petrescu-its-cacc-sdo-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-petrescu-its-cacc-sdo-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/