Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 07:49:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration of the IETF.

        Title           : DHCPv6 Prefix Length Hint Issues
        Authors         : Yong Cui
                          Tianxiang Li
                          Cong Liu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2016-04-28

Abstract:
   DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation [RFC3633] allows a requesting router to
   include a prefix-length hint value in the IA_PD option to indicate a
   preference for the size of the prefix to be delegated, but is unclear
   about how the requesting router and delegating router should act in
   different situations involving the prefix-length hint.  This document
   provides a summary of the existing problems with the prefix-length
   hint and guidance on what the requesting router and delegating router
   could do in different situations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/