Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dprive-dnsodtls-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2016 21:51:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS PRIVate Exchange of the IETF.

        Title           : DNS over DTLS (DNSoD)
        Authors         : Tirumaleswar Reddy
                          Dan Wing
                          Prashanth Patil
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dprive-dnsodtls-06.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2016-04-04

Abstract:
   DNS queries and responses are visible to network elements on the path
   between the DNS client and its server.  These queries and responses
   can contain privacy-sensitive information which is valuable to
   protect.  An active attacker can send bogus responses causing
   misdirection of the subsequent connection.

   To counter passive listening and active attacks, this document
   proposes the use of Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) for DNS,
   to protect against passive listeners and certain active attacks.  As
   DNS needs to remain fast, this proposal also discusses mechanisms to
   reduce DTLS round trips and reduce DTLS handshake size.  The proposed
   mechanism runs over port 853.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-dnsodtls/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dprive-dnsodtls-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dprive-dnsodtls-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/