Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-use-case-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 14:13:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Bidirectional Forwarding Detection of the IETF.

        Title           : Seamless Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (S-BFD) Use Cases
        Authors         : Sam Aldrin
                          Carlos Pignataro
                          Greg Mirsky
                          Nagendra Kumar
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-use-case-06.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2016-04-22

Abstract:
   This document describes various use cases for a Seamless
   Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (S-BFD), and provides requirements
   such that protocol mechanisms allow for a simplified detection of
   forwarding failures.

   These use cases support S-BFD, as a simplified mechanism to use
   Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) with large portions of
   negotiation aspects eliminated, accelerating the establishment of a
   BFD session.  S-BFD benefits include quick provisioning as well as
   improved control and flexibility to network nodes initiating the path
   monitoring.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-use-case/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-use-case-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bfd-seamless-use-case-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/