Subject: I-D Action: draft-pala-odin-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2016 08:00:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : OCSP over DNS (ODIN)
        Author          : Massimiliano Pala
	Filename        : draft-pala-odin-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2016-04-08

Abstract:
   With the increase number of protocols and applications that rely on
   digital certificates to authenticate either the communication channel
   (TLS) or the data itself (PKIX), the need for providing an efficient
   revocation system is paramount.  Although the Online Certificate
   Status Protocol (OCSP) allows for efficient lookup of the revocation
   status of a certificate, the distribution of this information via
   HTTP or HTTPS is not particularly efficient for high volume websites
   without incurring in high distribution costs (e.g., CDN).

   This draft describes how to provide pre-signed OCSP responses via the
   DNS system in order to leverage its distributed nature and, therefore
   lowering operational costs for Certification Authorities.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pala-odin/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pala-odin-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/