Subject: I-D Action: draft-bortzmeyer-dname-root-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 06:46:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Using DNAME in the DNS root zone for sinking of special-use TLDs
        Author          : Stephane Bortzmeyer
	Filename        : draft-bortzmeyer-dname-root-02.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2016-04-29

Abstract:
   This documents asks IANA to add DNAME records in the DNS root zone
   for TLDs which are in the Special-Use Domain Names registry, in order
   to ensure they receive an appropriate reply (NXDOMAIN) and that the
   root nameservers are not too bothered by them.

   REMOVE BEFORE PUBLICATION: there is no obvious place to discuss this
   document.  May be the IETF DNSOP (DNS Operations) group, through its
   mailing list (the author reads it).  Or may AS112 operators mailing
   lists?  The source of the document, as well as a list of open issues,
   is currently kept at Github [1].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bortzmeyer-dname-root/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bortzmeyer-dname-root-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bortzmeyer-dname-root-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/