Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-modern-problem-framework-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 10:30:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Managing, Ordering, Distributing, Exposing, & Registering telephone Numbers of the IETF.

        Title           : Modern Problem Statement, Use Cases, and Framework
        Authors         : Jon Peterson
                          Tom McGarry
	Filename        : draft-ietf-modern-problem-framework-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2016-04-21

Abstract:
   The functions of the public switched telephone network (PSTN) are
   rapidly migrating to the Internet.  This is generating new
   requirements for many traditional elements of the PSTN, including
   telephone numbers (TNs).  TNs no longer serve simply as telephone
   routing addresses, they are now identifiers which may be used by
   Internet-based services for a variety of purposes including session
   establishment, identity verification, and service enablement.  This
   problem statement examines how the existing tools for allocating and
   managing telephone numbers do not align with the use cases of the
   Internet environment, and proposes a framework for Internet-based
   services relying on TNs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-modern-problem-framework/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-modern-problem-framework-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/