Subject: I-D Action: draft-moriarty-pkcs5-v2dot1-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2016 22:34:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PKCS #5: Password-Based Cryptography Specification Version 2.1
        Authors         : Kathleen M. Moriarty
                          Burt Kaliski
                          Andreas Rusch
	Filename        : draft-moriarty-pkcs5-v2dot1-01.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2016-04-07

Abstract:
   This document provides recommendations for the implementation of
   password-based cryptography, covering key derivation functions,
   encryption schemes, message-authentication schemes, and ASN.1 syntax
   identifying the techniques.

   The recommendations are intended for general application within
   computer and communications systems, and as such include a fair
   amount of flexibility. They are particularly intended for the
   protection of sensitive information such as private keys, as in PKCS
   #8. It is expected that application standards and implementation
   profiles based on these specifications may include additional
   constraints.

   Other cryptographic techniques based on passwords, such as password-
   based-key entity authentication and key establishment protocols are
   outside the scope of this document.  Guidelines for the selection of
   passwords are also outside the scope.

   This document represents a republication of PKCS #5 v2.1 from RSA
   Laboratories' Public-Key Cryptography Standards (PKCS) series. By
   publishing this RFC, change control is transferred to the IETF.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moriarty-pkcs5-v2dot1/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moriarty-pkcs5-v2dot1-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-moriarty-pkcs5-v2dot1-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/