Subject: I-D Action: draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2016 04:46:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : CoAP option for no server-response
        Authors         : Abhijan Bhattacharyya
                          Soma Bandyopadhyay
                          Arpan Pal
                          Tulika Bose
	Filename        : draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-15.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2016-04-04

Abstract:
   There can be M2M scenarios where responses from a server against
   requests from client are redundant. This kind of open-loop exchange
   (with no response path from the server to the client) may be desired
   to minimize resource consumption in constrained systems while
   updating a bulk of resources simultaneously, or updating a resource
   with a very high frequency. CoAP already provides Non-confirmable
   (NON) messages that are not acknowledged by the recipient. However,
   the request/response semantics still require the server to respond
   with a status code indicating "the result of the attempt to
   understand and satisfy the request".

   This specification introduces a CoAP option called 'No-Response'.
   Using this option the client can explicitly tell the server to
   suppress all responses against the particular request. This option
   also provides granular control to enable suppression of a particular
   class of response or a combination of response-classes. This option
   may be effective for both unicast and multicast requests. This
   document also discusses a few exemplary applications which benefit
   from this option.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-15

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/