Subject: I-D Action: draft-bormann-6lo-coap-802-15-ie-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2016 07:41:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) over IEEE 802.15.4 Information Element for IETF
        Author          : Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-bormann-6lo-coap-802-15-ie-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2016-04-04

Abstract:
   IEEE Std. 802.15.4-2015 defines Information Elements (IE), and draft-
   kivinen-802-15-ie defines a framework for using these IEs in IETF
   protocols.

   The present specification defines a way to transport CoAP messages in
   IEs.  This can be used to perform CoAP exchanges with neighboring
   IEEE 802.15.4 nodes before there is IP connectivity, e.g., to
   configure that IP connectivity.

   draft-wang-6tisch-6top-coapie demonstrates example applications of
   this for 6TiSCH.  Other areas of application are conceivable even in
   classic 6LoWPAN networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-6lo-coap-802-15-ie/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-6lo-coap-802-15-ie-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/