Subject: I-D Action: draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-xcharext-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 07:24:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : RPC-over-RDMA Extension to Manage Transport Characteristics
        Author          : David Noveck
	Filename        : draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-xcharext-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2016-04-11

Abstract:
   It is expected that the RPC-over-RDMA transport will, at some point,
   allow protocol extensions to be defined.  This would provide for the
   specification of OPTIONAL features, allowing participants who
   implement the OPTIONAL features, to cooperate as specified by that
   extension, while still interoperating with participants who do not
   support that extension.

   A particular extension is described herein, whose purpose is to allow
   RPC/RDMA Endpoints to specify and manage their transport
   characteristics in order to allow the other participant to optimize
   message transfer in light of the characteristics communicated by the
   initial sender.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-xcharext/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-xcharext-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/