Subject: I-D Action: draft-behringer-ncrg-complexity-framework-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 09:46:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Framework for Defining Network Complexity
        Authors         : Michael H. Behringer
                          Alvaro Retana
                          Russ White
                          Geoff Huston
	Filename        : draft-behringer-ncrg-complexity-framework-02.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2016-04-25

Abstract:
   Complexity is a widely used parameter in network design, yet there is
   no generally accepted definition of the term.  Complexity metrics
   exist in a wide range of research papers, but most of these address
   only a particular aspect of a network, for example the complexity of
   a graph or software.  While it may be impossible to define a metric
   for overall network complexity, there is a desire to better
   understand the complexity of a network as a whole, as deployed today
   to provide Internet services.  This document provides a framework to
   guide research on the topic of network complexity, as well as some
   practical examples for trade-offs in networking.

   This document summarizes the work of the IRTF's Network Complexity
   Research Group (NCRG) at the time of its closure.  It does not
   present final results, but a snapshot of an ongoing activity, as a
   basis for future work.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-behringer-ncrg-complexity-framework/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-behringer-ncrg-complexity-framework-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-behringer-ncrg-complexity-framework-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/