Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data-38.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2016 14:07:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies of the IETF.

        Title           : Additional Data Related to an Emergency Call
        Authors         : Randall Gellens
                          Brian Rosen
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          Roger Marshall
                          James Winterbottom
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data-38.txt
	Pages           : 113
	Date            : 2016-04-05

Abstract:
   When an emergency call is sent to a Public Safety Answering Point
   (PSAP), the originating device, the access network provider to which
   the device is connected, and all service providers in the path of the
   call have information about the call, the caller or the location
   which is helpful for the PSAP to have in handling the emergency.
   This document describes data structures and mechanisms to convey such
   data to the PSAP.  The intent is that every emergency call carry as
   much as possible of the information described here using the
   mechanisms described here.

   The mechanisms permit the data to be conveyed by reference (as an
   external resource) or by value (within the body of a SIP message or a
   location object).  This follows the tradition of prior emergency
   services standardization work where data can be conveyed by value
   within the call signaling (i.e., in the body of the SIP message) or
   by reference.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data-38

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ecrit-additional-data-38

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/