Subject: I-D Action: draft-stenn-ntp-i-do-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 00:37:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Time Protocol of the IETF.

        Title           : Network Time Protocol I-Do Extension Field
        Author          : Harlan Stenn
	Filename        : draft-stenn-ntp-i-do-01.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2016-04-25

Abstract:
   The first implementation of NTPv4 was released in 2003.  NTPv4 is
   defined by RFC 5905 [RFC5905].  It contains a public-key security
   protocol, autokey, which is defined by RFC 5906 [RFC5906].  Until
   very recently, autokey has been the only defined "user" of NTP packet
   Extension Fields.  New proposals for extension fields are being
   written and there is currently no convenient way to learn if a remote
   instance of NTP supports any extension fields or not.  This proposal
   contains a method to tell a remote instance of NTP what we support,
   and ask what they support.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-stenn-ntp-i-do/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-stenn-ntp-i-do-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-stenn-ntp-i-do-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/