Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 08:05:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Information-Centric Networking of the IETF.

        Title           : Adaptive Video Streaming over ICN
        Authors         : Cedric Westphal
                          Stefan Lederer
                          Christopher Mueller
                          Andrea Detti
                          Daniel Corujo
                          Jianping Wang
                          Marie-Jose Montpetit
                          Niall Murray
                          Christian Timmerer
                          daniel posch
                          Aytac Azgin
                          Shucheng (Will) Liu
	Filename        : draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-08.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2016-04-27

Abstract:
   This document considers the consequences of moving the underlying
   network architecture from the current Internet to an Information-
   Centric Network (ICN) architecture on video distribution. As most of
   the traffic in future networks is expected to be video, we consider
   how to modify the existing video streaming mechanisms. Several
   important topics related to video distribution over ICN are
   presented, covering a wide range of scenarios: we look at how to
   evolve DASH to work over ICN, and leverage the recent ISO/IEC Moving
   Picture Experts Group (MPEG) Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP
   (DASH) standard; we consider layered encoding over ICN; Peer-to-Peer
   (P2P) mechanisms introduce distinct requirements for video and we
   look at how to adapt PPSP for ICN; Internet Protocol Television
   (IPTV) adds delay constraints, and this will create more stringent
   requirements over ICN as well. As part of the discussion on video,
   we discuss Digital Rights Management (DRM) in ICN. Finally, in
   addition to considering how existing mechanisms would be impacted by
   ICN, this document lists some research issues to design ICN specific
   video streaming mechanisms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-icnrg-videostreaming-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/