Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-grow-route-leak-problem-definition-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 May 2016 14:44:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Global Routing Operations of the IETF.

        Title           : Problem Definition and Classification of BGP Route Leaks
        Authors         : Kotikalapudi Sriram
                          Doug Montgomery
                          Danny McPherson
                          Eric Osterweil
                          Brian Dickson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-grow-route-leak-problem-definition-06.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2016-05-05

Abstract:
   A systemic vulnerability of the Border Gateway Protocol routing
   system, known as 'route leaks', has received significant attention in
   recent years.  Frequent incidents that result in significant
   disruptions to Internet routing are labeled "route leaks", but to
   date a common definition of the term has been lacking.  This document
   provides a working definition of route leaks, keeping in mind the
   real occurrences that have received significant attention.  Further,
   this document attempts to enumerate (though not exhaustively)
   different types of route leaks based on observed events on the
   Internet.  The aim is to provide a taxonomy that covers several forms
   of route leaks that have been observed and are of concern to Internet
   user community as well as the network operator community.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-route-leak-problem-definition/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-grow-route-leak-problem-definition-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-grow-route-leak-problem-definition-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/