Subject: I-D Action: draft-lauten-aqm-gsp-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 05:43:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Global Synchronization Protection for Packet Queues
        Author          : Wolfram Lautenschlaeger
	Filename        : draft-lauten-aqm-gsp-03.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2016-05-25

Abstract:
   The congestion avoidance processes of transmission capacity sharing
   TCP flows tend to be synchronized among each other, so that the rate
   variations of the individual flows do not compensate. In contrary,
   they accumulate into large variations of the whole aggregate. The
   effect is known as global synchronization. Large queuing buffer
   demand and large latency and jitter are the consequences. Global
   Synchronization Protection (GSP) is an extension of regular tail drop
   packet queuing schemes that prevents global synchronization. For
   large traffic aggregates the de-correlation between the individual
   flow variations reduces buffer demand and packet sojourn time by an
   order of magnitude and more. Even though quite simple, the solution
   has a theoretical background and is not heuristic. It has been tested
   with a Linux kernel implementation and shows equivalent performance
   as other relevant AQM schemes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lauten-aqm-gsp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lauten-aqm-gsp-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lauten-aqm-gsp-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/