Subject: I-D Action: draft-bi-savi-problem-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 07 May 2016 22:38:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Problem Statement of SAVI Beyond the First Hop
        Authors         : Jun Bi
                          Bingyang Liu
	Filename        : draft-bi-savi-problem-11.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2016-05-07

Abstract:
   IETF Source Address Validation Improvements (SAVI) working group is
   chartered for source address validation within the first hop from end
   hosts, i.e., preventing a node from spoofing the IP source address of
   another node in the same IP link.  However, since SAVI requires the
   edge routers or switches to be upgraded, the deployment of SAVI will
   need a long time.  During this transition period, some source address
   validation techniques beyond the first hop (SAVI-BF) may be needed to
   complement SAVI and protect the networks from spoofing based attacks.
   In this document, we first propose three desired features of the
   SAVI-BF techniques.  Then we analyze the problems of the current
   SAVI-BF technique, ingress filtering.  Finally, we discuss the
   directions that we can explore to improve SAVI-BF.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bi-savi-problem/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bi-savi-problem-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bi-savi-problem-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/