Subject: I-D Action: draft-sami-pim-ng-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 04:45:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Protocol independent multicast- Next Generation (PIM-NG): Protocol Specifications
        Author          : Saeed Sami
	Filename        : draft-sami-pim-ng-09.txt
	Pages           : 196
	Date            : 2016-05-25

Abstract:
   This document specifies protocol independent multicast- Next
   generation or simply called PIM-NG. PIM-NG uses the underlying
   unicast routing information, but unlike PIM-SM it doesn't necessarily
   need to build unidirectional shared trees rooted at a Rendezvous
   Point (RP) per group, due to the fact that the processes through
   which a source registers with the Rendezvous Point and a host finds
   the source of the multicast destination groups it needs are done in a
   whole new way and hence, the source of multicast group (G) is
   discovered faster. So at some points PIM-NG works faster than its
   predecessor. Also the new Domain concept, unique to PIM-NG, along the
   RPF check method used in PIM-NG specifications provides many features
   along a robust and flexible control and administration over multicast
   networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sami-pim-ng/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sami-pim-ng-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sami-pim-ng-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/