Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-i2rs-problem-statement-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 03:59:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Interface to the Routing System of the IETF.

        Title           : Interface to the Routing System Problem Statement
        Authors         : Alia Atlas
                          Thomas D. Nadeau
                          Dave Ward
	Filename        : draft-ietf-i2rs-problem-statement-11.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2016-05-10

Abstract:
   Traditionally, routing systems have implemented routing and signaling
   (e.g.  MPLS) to control traffic forwarding in a network.  Route
   computation has been controlled by relatively static policies that
   define link cost, route cost, or import and export routing policies.
   With the advent of highly dynamic data center networking, on-demand
   WAN services, dynamic policy-driven traffic steering and service
   chaining, the need for real-time security threat responsiveness via
   traffic control, and a paradigm of separating policy-based decision-
   making from the router itself, requirements have emerged to more
   dynamically manage and program routing systems.  These requirements
   should allow controlling routing information and traffic paths and
   extracting network topology information, traffic statistics, and
   other network analytics from routing systems.

   This document proposes meeting this need via an Interface to the
   Routing System (I2RS).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-problem-statement/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-i2rs-problem-statement-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-i2rs-problem-statement-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/