Subject: I-D Action: draft-qin-lpwan-dau-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 May 2016 03:04:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Data Aggregation Unit for LP-WAN 
        Authors         : Xiaowei Qin
                          Ning Kong
	Filename        : draft-qin-lpwan-dau-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2016-05-09

Abstract:
   Connecting LP-WANs(Low-Power Wide Area Networks) to the Internet is
   expected to provide significant benefits to these networks in terms
   of interoperability, application deployment, and management,among
   others.  However, the specific characteristics of LP-WANs, such as
   very limited data unit size, and large-scale data sets make the
   network operation more complex: using one IP packet to send one LP-
   WAN data unit is a waste of bandwidth(because the packet header is
   much bigger than payload), and the large-scale LP-WAN data sets can
   also increase the Internet burden.  This specification defines a Data
   Aggregation Unit(DAU) for LP-WANs to aggregate small-size date units
   into bigger data chains so they can be sent through the Internet more
   efficiently.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-qin-lpwan-dau/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-qin-lpwan-dau-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/