Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-mrt-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 11:49:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP of the IETF.

        Title           : OSPF Extensions to Support Maximally Redundant Trees
        Authors         : Alia Atlas
                          Shraddha Hegde
                          Chris Bowers
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Zhenbin Li
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-mrt-02.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2016-05-18

Abstract:
   This document specifies extensions to OSPF to support the distributed
   computation of Maximally Redundant Trees (MRT).  Some example uses of
   the MRTs include IP/LDP Fast-Reroute and global protection or live-
   live for multicast traffic.  The extensions indicate what MRT
   profile(s) each router supports.  Different MRT profiles can be
   defined to support different uses and to allow transitioning of
   capabilities.  An extension is introduced to flood MRT-Ineligible
   links, due to administrative policy.

   The need for a mechanism to allow routers to advertise a worst-case
   FIB compute/install time is well understood for controlling
   convergence.  This specification introduces the Controlled
   Convergence TLV to be carried in the Router Information LSA.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-mrt/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ospf-mrt-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ospf-mrt-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/