Subject: I-D Action: draft-paasch-mptcp-tls-authentication-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 10:28:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TLS Authentication for MPTCP
        Authors         : Christoph Paasch
                          Alan Ford
	Filename        : draft-paasch-mptcp-tls-authentication-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2016-05-27

Abstract:
   Multipath TCP (MPTCP), described in [4], is an extension to TCP to
   provide the ability to simultaneously use multiple paths between
   peers.

   draft-paasch-mptcp-application-authentication specifies "application
   layer authentication" for Multipath TCP, an alternatively negotiated
   keying mechanism for MPTCP.  This allows keying material to be
   sourced from an application layer protocol in order to secure MP_JOIN
   handshakes.

   This document explains how to use the proposed application-layer
   authentication extension with TLS [6], in order to leverage securely
   exchanged keys for MPTCP security, whilst simultaneously freeing the
   MPTCP token to be used as a channel for additional information.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-paasch-mptcp-tls-authentication/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-paasch-mptcp-tls-authentication-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/