Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ipv6-rt-constrain-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 00:54:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv6 Extensions for Route Target Distribution
        Authors         : Keyur Patel
                          Robert Raszuk
                          Martin Djernaes
                          Jie Dong
                          Mach(Guoyi) Chen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ipv6-rt-constrain-09.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2016-05-31

Abstract:
   The current route target distribution specification as described in
   [RFC 4684] defines Route Target NLRIs of maximum length of 12 bytes.
   The IPv6 specific Route Target extended community is defined in [RFC
   5701] as length of 20 bytes.  Since the current specification only
   supports prefixes of maximum length of 12 bytes, the lack of an IPv6
   specific Route Target reachability information may be a problem when
   an operator wants to use this application in a pure IPv6 environment.
   This document defines an extension that allows BGP to exchange longer
   length IPv6 Route Target prefixes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ipv6-rt-constrain/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ipv6-rt-constrain-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ipv6-rt-constrain-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/