Subject: I-D Action: draft-khademi-tcpm-alternativebackoff-ecn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 05:42:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TCP Alternative Backoff with ECN (ABE)
        Authors         : Naeem Khademi
                          Michael Welzl
                          Grenville Armitage
                          Godred Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-khademi-tcpm-alternativebackoff-ecn-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2016-05-31

Abstract:
   This memo updates the TCP sender-side reaction to a congestion
   notification received via Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN).
   The updated method reduces FlightSize in Congestion Avoidance by a
   smaller amount than the TCP reaction to loss.  The intention is to
   achieve good throughput when the queue at the bottleneck is smaller
   than the bandwidth-delay-product of the connection.  This is more
   likely when an Active Queue Management (AQM) mechanism has used ECN
   to CE-mark a packet, than when a packet was lost.  Future versions of
   this document will also describe a corresponding method for SCTP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-khademi-tcpm-alternativebackoff-ecn/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-khademi-tcpm-alternativebackoff-ecn-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/