Subject: I-D Action: draft-patel-raszuk-bgp-vector-routing-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 06:19:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP vector routing.
        Authors         : Robert Raszuk
                          Keyur Patel
                          Burjiz Pithawala
                          Ali Sajassi
                          Eric Osborne
                          Luay Jalil
                          James Uttaro
	Filename        : draft-patel-raszuk-bgp-vector-routing-07.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2016-05-31

Abstract:
   Network architectures have begun to shift from pure destination based
   routing to service aware routing.  Operator requirements in this
   space include forcing traffic through particular service nodes (e.g.
   firewall, NAT) or transit nodes (e.g. segments).  This document
   proposes an enhancement to BGP to accommodate these new requirements.

   This document proposes a pure control plane solution which allows
   traffic to be routed via an ordered set of transit points (links,
   nodes or services) on the way to traffic's destination, with no
   change in the forwarding plane.  This approach is in contrast to
   other proposal in this space which provide similar capabilities via
   modifications to the forwarding plane.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-patel-raszuk-bgp-vector-routing/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-patel-raszuk-bgp-vector-routing-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-patel-raszuk-bgp-vector-routing-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/