Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-isis-mrt-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 12:05:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IS-IS for IP Internets of the IETF.

        Title           : Intermediate System to Intermediate System (IS-IS) Extensions for Maximally Redundant Trees (MRT)
        Authors         : Zhenbin Li
                          Nan Wu
                          Quintin Zhao <>
                          Alia Atlas
                          Chris Bowers
                          Jeff Tantsura
	Filename        : draft-ietf-isis-mrt-02.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2016-05-18

Abstract:
   This document describes extensions to IS-IS to support the
   distributed computation of Maximally Redundant Trees (MRT).  Example
   uses of MRT include IP/LDP Fast-Reroute and global protection or
   live-live for multicast traffic.  The extensions indicate what MRT
   profile(s) each router supports.  Different MRT profiles can be
   defined to support different uses and to allow transition of
   capabilities.  An extension is introduced to flood MRT-Ineligible
   links, due to administrative policy.  This document also defines the
   Controlled Convergence sub-TLV, which is useful for MRT FRR as well
   as other applications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-mrt/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-isis-mrt-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-isis-mrt-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/