Subject: I-D Action: draft-khademi-tsvwg-ecn-response-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 05:37:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Updating the Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) Congestion Control Response
        Authors         : Naeem Khademi
                          Michael Welzl
                          Grenville Armitage
                          Godred Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-khademi-tsvwg-ecn-response-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2016-05-31

Abstract:
   RFC3168 and RFC4774 state that, upon the receipt by an ECN-Capable
   transport of a single CE packet, the congestion control algorithms
   followed at the end-systems MUST be essentially the same as the
   congestion control response to a single dropped packet.  This
   document relaxes this rule in order to encourage experimentation with
   different backoff strategies.  This sender-side update makes it
   possible to achieve greater benefits with ECN, encouraging wider ECN
   deployment.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-khademi-tsvwg-ecn-response/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-khademi-tsvwg-ecn-response-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/