Subject: I-D Action: draft-cheshire-sudn-ipv4only-dot-arpa-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 21:33:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Special Use Domain Name 'ipv4only.arpa'
        Authors         : Stuart Cheshire
                          David Schinazi
	Filename        : draft-cheshire-sudn-ipv4only-dot-arpa-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2016-05-24

Abstract:
   The document "Discovery of the IPv6 Prefix Used for IPv6 Address
   Synthesis" [RFC7050] specifies the Special Use Domain Name
   'ipv4only.arpa', with certain precise special properties, but,
   perversely, the Domain Name Reservation Considerations section
   [RFC6761] in that document then goes on to deny the specialness of
   that name, and (as of May 2016) the name 'ipv4only.arpa' does not
   appear in the Special-Use Domain Names registry.

   This document updates RFC 7050 with a more appropriate summary of the
   legitimate and useful special properties of the name 'ipv4only.arpa',
   and the corresponding reverse mapping names.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cheshire-sudn-ipv4only-dot-arpa/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cheshire-sudn-ipv4only-dot-arpa-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-cheshire-sudn-ipv4only-dot-arpa-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/