Subject: I-D Action: draft-sheffer-rfc6982bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 02:34:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Improving Awareness of Running Code: The Implementation Status Section
        Authors         : Yaron Sheffer
                          Adrian Farrel
	Filename        : draft-sheffer-rfc6982bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2016-05-13

Abstract:
   This document describes a simple process that allows authors of
   Internet-Drafts to record the status of known implementations by
   including an Implementation Status section.  This will allow
   reviewers and working groups to assign due consideration to documents
   that have the benefit of running code, which may serve as evidence of
   valuable experimentation and feedback that have made the implemented
   protocols more mature.

   This process is not mandatory.  Authors of Internet-Drafts are
   encouraged to consider using the process for their documents, and
   working groups are invited to think about applying the process to all
   of their protocol specifications.  This document obsoletes RFC 6982,
   advancing it to a Best Current Practice.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sheffer-rfc6982bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sheffer-rfc6982bis-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sheffer-rfc6982bis-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/