Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-mtu-negotiation-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 May 2016 20:35:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links of the IETF.

        Title           : Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL): MTU Negotiation
        Authors         : Mingui Zhang
                          Xudong Zhang
                          Donald E. Eastlake
                          Radia Perlman
                          Somnath Chatterjee
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-mtu-negotiation-03.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2016-05-02

Abstract:
   The base IETF TRILL protocol has a TRILL campus-wide MTU feature,
   specified in RFC 6325 and RFC 7177, that assures that link state
   changes can be successfully flooded throughout the campus while being
   able to take advantage of a campus-wide capability to support jumbo
   packets. This document specifies optional updates to that MTU feature
   to take advantage, for appropriate link-local packets, of link-local
   MTUs that exceed the TRILL campus MTU. In addition, it specifies an
   efficient algorithm for local MTU testing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-mtu-negotiation/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-mtu-negotiation-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-mtu-negotiation-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/