Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-gre-tunnel-bonding-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 01:06:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Huawei's GRE Tunnel Bonding Protocol
        Authors         : Nicolai Leymann
                          Cornelius Heidemann
                          Mingui Zhang
                          Behcet Sarikaya
                          Margaret Cullen
	Filename        : draft-zhang-gre-tunnel-bonding-03.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2016-05-23

Abstract:
   There is an emerging demand for solutions that provide redundancy and
   load-sharing across wired and cellular links from a single service
   provider, so that a single subscriber is provided with bonded access
   to heterogeneous connections at the same time.

   In this document, GRE (Generic Routing Encapsulation) Tunnel Bonding
   is specified as an enabling approach for bonded access to a wired and
   a wireless network in customer premises, e.g. homes. In GRE Tunnel
   Bonding, two GRE tunnels, one per network connection, are set up and
   bonded together to form a single GRE tunnel for a subscriber.
   Compared with each composing connection, the bonded connections
   promise increased access capacity and improved reliability. The
   solution described in this document is currently implemented by
   Huawei and deployed by Deutsche Telekom AG.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-gre-tunnel-bonding/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-gre-tunnel-bonding-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zhang-gre-tunnel-bonding-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/