Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-temporal-hitless-psm-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 07:36:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching of the IETF.

        Title           : Hitless path segment monitoring
        Authors         : Alessandro D'Alessandro
                          Loa Andersson
                          Satoshi Ueno
                          Kaoru Arai
                          Yoshinori Koike
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-tp-temporal-hitless-psm-10.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2016-05-31

Abstract:
   One of the most important OAM capabilities for transport network
   operation is fault localisation.  An in-service, on-demand segment
   monitoring function of a transport path is indispensable,
   particularly when the service monitoring function is activated only
   between end points.  However, the current segment monitoring approach
   defined for MPLS RFC 6371 [RFC6371] has drawbacks.  This document
   provides an analysis of the existing MPLS-TP OAM mechanisms for the
   path segment monitoring and provides requirements to guide the
   development of new OAM tools to support a Hitless Path Segment
   Monitoring (HPSM).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-temporal-hitless-psm/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-temporal-hitless-psm-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-tp-temporal-hitless-psm-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/