Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-stir-passport-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 14:41:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited of the IETF.

        Title           : Persona Assertion Token
        Authors         : Chris Wendt
                          Jon Peterson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-stir-passport-02.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2016-05-24

Abstract:
   This document defines a token format for verifying with non-
   repudiation the sender of and authorization to send information
   related to the originator of personal communications.  A
   cryptographic signature is defined to protect the integrity of the
   information used to identify the originator of a personal
   communications session (e.g. the telephone number or URI) and verify
   the accuracy of this information at the destination.  The
   cryptographic signature is defined with the intention that it can
   confidently verify the originating persona even when the signature is
   sent to the destination party over an unsecure channel.  The Persona
   Assertion Token (PASSporT) is particularly useful for many personal
   communications applications over IP networks and other multi-hop
   interconnection scenarios where the originating and destination
   parties may not have a direct trusted relationship.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-passport/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-stir-passport-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-stir-passport-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/