Subject: I-D Action: draft-farrell-iotsu-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 13:26:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Some Software Update Requirements
        Author          : Stephen Farrell
	Filename        : draft-farrell-iotsu-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2016-05-20

Abstract:
   The importance of software update as a mitigation for vulnerabilities
   discovered after deployment is widely recognised for both desktop and
   data centre applications and infrastructure.  However, in the case of
   smaller devices, whether running on challenged networks or platforms
   or not, the situation is much worse, perhaps a decade or more behind
   that in better developed contexts.  This memo proposes requirements
   for software update in situations where none is currently deployed,
   argues that that is the right target.  In doing this, and perhaps
   somewhat in contrast to a vendor-driven approach, the interests of
   the individual device owner are emphasised.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farrell-iotsu/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-farrell-iotsu-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/