Subject: I-D Action: draft-drake-bess-datacenter-gateway-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 09:23:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Gateway Auto-Discovery and Route Advertisement for Segment Routing Enabled Data Center Interconnection
        Authors         : John Drake
                          Adrian Farrel
                          Eric Rosen
	Filename        : draft-drake-bess-datacenter-gateway-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2016-05-23

Abstract:
   Data centers have become critical components of the infrastructure
   used by network operators to provide services to their customers.
   Data centers are attached to the Internet or a backbone network by
   gateway routers and one data center typically has more than one
   gateway for commercial, load balancing, and resiliency reasons.

   Segment routing is a popular protocol mechanism for operating within
   a data center, but also for steering traffic that flows between two
   data center sites.  In order that one data center site may load
   balance the traffic it sends to another data center site it needs to
   know the complete set of gateway routers at the remote data center,
   the points of connection from those gateways to the backbone network,
   and the connectivity across the backbone network.

   This document defines a mechanism using the BGP Tunnel Encapsulation
   attribute to allow each gateway router to advertise the routes to the
   prefixes in the data center site to which it provides access, and
   also to advertise on behalf of each other gateway to the same data
   center site.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-drake-bess-datacenter-gateway/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-drake-bess-datacenter-gateway-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/