Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-manet-rfc5444-usage-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 May 2016 10:04:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks of the IETF.

        Title           : Rules For Designing Protocols Using the RFC 5444 Generalized Packet/ Message Format
        Authors         : Thomas Clausen
                          Christopher Dearlove
                          Ulrich Herberg
                          Henning Rogge
	Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-rfc5444-usage-04.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2016-05-04

Abstract:
   RFC 5444 specifies a generalized MANET packet/message format and
   describes an intended use to multiplex MANET routing protocol
   messages that is mandated for use by RFC 5498.  This document updates
   RFC 5444 by providing rules and recommendations for how the
   multiplexer operates and how protocols can use the packet/message
   format.  In particular, the mandatory rules prohibit a number of uses
   of RFC 5444 that have been suggested in various proposals, and which
   would have led to interoperability problems, to the impediment of
   protocol extension development, and to an inability to use optional
   generic RFC 5444 parsers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-rfc5444-usage/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-rfc5444-usage-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-manet-rfc5444-usage-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/