Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-isis-mi-bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 16:36:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IS-IS for IP Internets of the IETF.

        Title           : IS-IS Multi-Instance
        Authors         : Les Ginsberg
                          Stefano Previdi
                          Wim Henderickx
	Filename        : draft-ietf-isis-mi-bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2016-05-10

Abstract:
   This draft describes a mechanism that allows a single router to share
   one or more circuits among multiple Intermediate System To
   Intermediate System (IS-IS) routing protocol instances.

   Multiple instances allow the isolation of resources associated with
   each instance.  Routers will form instance specific adjacencies.
   Each instance can support multiple topologies.  Each topology has a
   unique Link State Database (LSDB).  Each Protocol Data Unit (PDU)
   will contain a new Type Length Value (TLV) identifying the instance
   and the topology(ies) to which the PDU belongs.

   This draft updates RFC 6822 if approved.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-mi-bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-isis-mi-bis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/