Subject: I-D Action: draft-boucadair-mptcp-plain-mode-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 08:45:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : An MPTCP Option for Network-Assisted MPTCP Deployments: Plain Transport Mode
        Authors         : Mohamed Boucadair
                          Christian Jacquenet
                          Denis Behaghel
                          Stefano Secci
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Robert Skog
                          Olivier Bonaventure
                          Suresh Vinapamula 
                          SungHoon Seo
	Filename        : draft-boucadair-mptcp-plain-mode-07.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2016-05-19

Abstract:
   One of the promising deployment scenarios for Multipath TCP (MPTCP)
   is to enable a Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) that is connected to
   multiple networks (e.g., DSL, LTE, WLAN) to optimize the usage of its
   network attachments.  Because of the lack of MPTCP support at the
   server side, some service providers now consider a network-assisted
   model that relies upon the activation of a dedicated function called
   MPTCP concentrator.  This document focuses on a deployment scheme
   where the identity of the MPTCP concentrator(s) is explicitly
   configured on connected hosts.

   This document specifies an MPTCP option that is used to avoid the
   encapsulation of packets and out-of-band signaling between the CPE
   and the MPTCP concentrator.  Also, this document specifies how UDP
   traffic, in particular, can be distributed among available paths by
   leveraging MPTCP capabilities.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-boucadair-mptcp-plain-mode/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-boucadair-mptcp-plain-mode-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-boucadair-mptcp-plain-mode-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/