Subject: I-D Action: draft-anshuverma-bess-vpls-best-site-id-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 May 2016 14:47:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Vpls Best-site id
        Authors         : Anshu Verma
                          John Drake
                          Rodny Molina
                          Wen Lin
	Filename        : draft-anshuverma-bess-vpls-best-site-id-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2016-05-02

Abstract:
   With network-based applications becoming prevalent, solutions that
   provide connectivity over wide area become more attractive for
   customers. In small-to-medium enterprise sector, Virtual Private LAN
   Service (VPLS), is a very useful service provider offering. It
   creates an emulated LAN segments fully capable of learning and
   forwarding Ethernet MAC addresses.

   Today, in VPLS implementations, within the context of a VPLS PE (VE),
   a single-site is selected from which all PWs are rooted. The site-
   election mechanism is usually hard-coded by different vendors (e.g.
   minimum or maximum site-id), and as such, is outside end-users
   control. This offers no flexibility to end-users as it forces them to
   define the site-id allocation scheme well in advance, or deal with
   the consequences of a suboptimal site-id election. Moreover, whenever
   the elected site-id is declared down, the traffic to and from all
   other sites hosted within the same VE is impacted as well.

   This draft defines protocol extensions to keep core-facing
   pseudowires (PWs) established at all times, regardless of the events
   taking place on the attachment-circuit (AC) segment when using the
   BGP-based signaling procedures.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-anshuverma-bess-vpls-best-site-id/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-anshuverma-bess-vpls-best-site-id-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-anshuverma-bess-vpls-best-site-id-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/