Subject: I-D Action: draft-zheng-tcpincast-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 07:40:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : An Effective Approach to Preventing TCP Incast Throughput Collapse for Data Center Networks
        Authors         : Hongyun Zheng
                          Chunming Qiao
                          Kai Chen
                          Yongxiang Zhao
	Filename        : draft-zheng-tcpincast-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2016-06-25

Abstract:
   This document presents an effective solution to the known TCP incast
   problem in data center networks. The incast problem refers to a
   drastic TCP throughput drop when the number of servers synchroni-
   cally sending data to the same receiver is too large. Our idea is
   avoiding packet losses before TCP incast happens. The scheme is
   limiting the number of concurrent senders such that the link can be
   filled as fully as possible but no packet losses. In this document
   we examine the condition that the link can be saturated but no
   packet losses. Then based on the condition we propose an approach to
   estimates the reasonable number of concurrent senders. Our approach
   does not modify TCP protocol itself and can thus be applied to any
   TCP variant, and works regardless of the type of data center network
   topology and throughput limitation. Analysis and simulation results
   show that our approach eliminates the incast problem and noticeably
   improves TCP throughput.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zheng-tcpincast/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zheng-tcpincast-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/