Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-i2rs-pkt-eca-data-model-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 15:13:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Interface to the Routing System of the IETF.

        Title           : Filter-Based Packet Forwarding ECA Policy
        Authors         : Susan Hares
                          Qin Wu
                          Russ White
	Filename        : draft-ietf-i2rs-pkt-eca-data-model-00.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2016-06-16

Abstract:
   This document describes the yang data model for packet forwarding
   policy that filters received packets and forwards (or drops) the
   packets.  Prior to forwarding the packets out other interfaces, some
   of the fields in the packets may be modified.  If one considers the
   packet reception an event, this packet policy is a minimalistic
   Event-Match Condition-Action policy.  This policy controls forwarding
   of packets received by a routing device on one or more interfaces on
   which this policy is enabled.  The policy is composed of an ordered
   list of policy rules.  Each policy policy rule contains a set of
   match conditions that filters for packets plus a set of actions to
   modify the packet and forward packets.  The match conditions can
   match tuples in multiple layers (L1-L4, application), interface
   received on, and and other conditions regarding the packet (size of
   packet, time of day).  The modify packet actions allow for setting
   things within the packet plus decapsulation and encapsulation packet.
   The forwarding actions include forwarding via interfaces, tunnels, or
   nexthops and dropping the packet.  The policy model can be used with
   the session ephemeral (BGP Flow Specifications), reboot ephemeral
   state (I2RS ephemeral), and non-ephemeral routing/forwarding state
   (e.g. configuration state ).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-pkt-eca-data-model/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-i2rs-pkt-eca-data-model-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/