Subject: I-D Action: draft-spv-ippm-monitor-methodology-services-kpi-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 03:50:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Monitoring Service KPIs using TWAMP - Methodology
        Authors         : Srivathsa Sarangapani
                          Peyush Gupta
                          Vinayak Hegde
	Filename        : draft-spv-ippm-monitor-methodology-services-kpi-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2016-06-27

Abstract:
   We are introducing a new method to calculate services KPIs and
   metrics in the network using TWAMP protocol.  Services here ranging
   from Layer 4 to Layer 7 services.  Some of the examples are Http
   based services, Traffic load balancer, DPI, Video caching, real time
   streaming and IPSec.  The KPIs MAY be service latency, liveliness of
   an application, number of flows and sessions per service, load
   balancer statistics.

   This draft outlines the methodology to calculate these parameters in
   the service plane in the real network using TWAMP protocol.  Some of
   the existing fields extended to support new modes in the TWAMP
   protocol for calculating these KPIs. set of new messages are added in
   the control protocol between TWAMP client (session sender) and the
   TWAMP server (session reflector).

   There is a separate draft "draft-spv-ippm-monitor-implementation-
   services-kpi" that talks about implementation of monitoring these
   KPIs in the network using TWAMP.  Monitoring of these KPIs in the
   service plane with in a network play a vital role in optimum usage of
   network resources and improving the overall performance and capacity.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-spv-ippm-monitor-methodology-services-kpi/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-spv-ippm-monitor-methodology-services-kpi-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-spv-ippm-monitor-methodology-services-kpi-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/