Subject: I-D Action: draft-bonica-intarea-eping-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 08:08:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Extended Ping (eping)
        Authors         : Ron Bonica
                          Reji Thomas
	Filename        : draft-bonica-intarea-eping-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2016-06-23

Abstract:
   This document describes a new diagnostic tool called Extended Ping
   (eping).  Network operators execute eping to determine whether a
   remote interface is active.  In this respect, eping is similar to
   ping.  Eping differs from ping in that it does not require network
   reachability between itself and remote interface whose status is
   being queried.

   Eping relies on two new ICMP messages, called Extended Echo and
   Extended Echo Reply.  Both ICMP messages are defined herein.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bonica-intarea-eping/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bonica-intarea-eping-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/