Subject: I-D Action: draft-adpkja-dnsop-special-names-problem-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 07:08:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Problem Statement for the Reservation of Top-Level Domains in the Special-Use Domain Names Registry
        Authors         : Geoff Huston
                          Peter Koch
                          Alain Durand
                          Warren Kumari
	Filename        : draft-adpkja-dnsop-special-names-problem-05.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2016-06-29

Abstract:
   The dominant protocol for name resolution on the Internet is the
   Domain Name System (DNS).  However, other protocols exist that are
   fundamentally different from the DNS, and may or may not share the
   same namespace.

   When an end-user triggers resolution of a name on a system that
   supports multiple, different protocols or resolution mechanisms, it
   is desirable that the protocol used is unambiguous, and that requests
   intended for one protocol are not inadvertently answered using
   another protocol.

   RFC 6761 introduced a framework by which a particular domain name
   could be acknowledged as being special.  Various challenges have
   become apparent with this application of the guidance provided in RFC
   6761.  This document aims to document those challenges in the form of
   a problem statement in order to facilitate further discussion of
   potential solutions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-adpkja-dnsop-special-names-problem/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-adpkja-dnsop-special-names-problem-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-adpkja-dnsop-special-names-problem-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/