Subject: I-D Action: draft-bormann-core-block-bert-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 10:39:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Block-wise transfers in CoAP: Extension for Reliable Transport (BERT)
        Author          : Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-bormann-core-block-bert-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2016-06-10

Abstract:
   CoAP (RFC7252) is a RESTful transfer protocol for constrained nodes
   and networks, originally using UDP or DTLS over UDP as its transport.
   Basic CoAP messages work well for the small payloads we expect from
   temperature sensors, light switches, and similar building-automation
   devices.  CoAP's Block protocol (draft-ietf-core-block) allows
   transferring larger payloads over limited-size datagrams -- for
   instance, for firmware updates.

   CoAP over TCP and TLS (draft-ietf-core-tcp-tls) enables the use of
   extended, but not unlimited, size messages.  The present
   specification, Block-wise transfers in CoAP: Extension for Reliable
   Transport (BERT), extends the block protocol in a simple way to be
   able to make use of these larger messages over a reliable transport.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-core-block-bert/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-core-block-bert-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bormann-core-block-bert-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/