Subject: I-D Action: draft-finn-detnet-architecture-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 14:54:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Deterministic Networking Architecture
        Authors         : Norman Finn
                          Pascal Thubert
                          Michael Johas Teener
	Filename        : draft-finn-detnet-architecture-05.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2016-06-27

Abstract:
   Deterministic Networking (DetNet) provides a capability to carry
   specified unicast or multicast data flows for real-time applications
   with extremely low data loss rates and bounded latency.  Techniques
   used include: 1) reserving data plane resources for individual (or
   aggregated) DetNet flows in some or all of the relay nodes (bridges
   or routers) along the path of the flow; 2) providing fixed paths for
   DetNet flows that do not rapidly change with the network topology;
   and 3) sequentializing, replicating, tracing and eliminating
   duplicate packets at various points to ensure the availability of at
   least one path.  The capabilities can be managed by configuration, or
   by manual or automatic network management.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-finn-detnet-architecture/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-finn-detnet-architecture-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-finn-detnet-architecture-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/