Subject: I-D Action: draft-iab-rfc-framework-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 08:08:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board of the IETF.

        Title           : RFC Format Framework
        Author          : Heather Flanagan
	Filename        : draft-iab-rfc-framework-05.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2016-06-21

Abstract:
   The canonical format for the RFC Series has been plain-text, ASCII-
   encoded for several decades.  After extensive community discussion
   and debate, the RFC Editor will be transitioning to XML as the
   canonical format using the XML2RFC version 3 vocabulary.  Different
   publication formats will be rendered from that base document.  These
   changes are intended to increase the usability of the RFC Series by
   offering documents that match the needs of a wider variety of
   stakeholders.  With these changes, however, comes an increase in
   complexity for authors, consumers, and the publisher of RFCs.  This
   document serves as the framework that describes the problems being
   solved and summarizes the many documents that capture the specific
   requirements for each aspect of the change in format.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-rfc-framework/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-rfc-framework-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-iab-rfc-framework-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/