Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-i2rs-fb-rib-info-model-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 14:49:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Interface to the Routing System of the IETF.

        Title           : Filter-Based RIB Information Model
        Authors         : Sriganesh Kini
                          Susan Hares
                          Linda Dunbar
                          Anoop Ghanwani
                          Ram Krishnan
                          Dean Bogdanovic
                          Russ White
	Filename        : draft-ietf-i2rs-fb-rib-info-model-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2016-06-16

Abstract:
   This document defines an information model associated with the I2RS
   ephemeral state for filter-based routing of IP packets via a Filter-
   based Routing Information Base (FB-RIB).  FB-RIBs (ephemeral and non-
   ephemeral) are associated with specific interfaces interfaces on a
   routing device, and process packets received on these interfaces
   according a filtering policy.  A filtering policy is a a minimalistic
   event-match_condition-action (ECA) policy with only one event - the
   reception of a frame/packet of data on an interface.  The match
   conditions in the filter policy are n-tuple matches based on the
   content of the frame/packet or the time of its arrival.  Filter-based
   policy allows actions which modifying the frame/packet, forward the
   frame or packet, or drop the frame/packet.  Filter-Based Policy in
   FB-RIBs engages before any destination based routing so the FB-RIBs
   provide a destination-based default RIB that will be used if none of
   the filters are matched.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-i2rs-fb-rib-info-model/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-i2rs-fb-rib-info-model-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/