Subject: I-D Action: draft-romascanu-opsawg-auto-attach-lldp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 10:47:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Auto-attach using LLDP with IEEE 802.1aq SPBM networks
        Authors         : Paul Unbehagen
                          Dan Romascanu
                          John Seligson
                          Carl Keene
	Filename        : draft-romascanu-opsawg-auto-attach-lldp-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2016-06-29

Abstract:
   Automatic attachment or auto-attach is a procedure that allows for
   the automatic connection of network objects (e.g. end stations,
   network devices, sensors, automation elements) to a core network
   based on the individual services that are run or configured on the
   objects, and the mapping of the services to the managed paths in the
   network.

   This document describes an implementation of the auto-attach concept
   based on the IEEE802.1AB Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) which
   is used to automatically attach network devices not supporting the
   IEEE 802.1ah Provider Backbone Bridges (PBB) to individual services
   in an IEEE 802.1aq Shortest Path Bridging (SPB) network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-romascanu-opsawg-auto-attach-lldp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-romascanu-opsawg-auto-attach-lldp-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/