Subject: I-D Action: draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-rtrext-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2016 17:13:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : RPC-over-RDMA Extensions to Reduce Internode Round-trips
        Author          : David Noveck
	Filename        : draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-rtrext-00.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2016-06-05

Abstract:
   It is expected that the RPC-over-RDMA transport will, at some point,
   allow protocol extensions to be defined.  This would provide for the
   specification of OPTIONAL features allowing participants who
   implement the OPTIONAL features to cooperate as specified by that
   extension, while still interoperating with participants who do not
   support that extension.

   A particular extension is described herein, whose purpose is to
   reduce the latency due to inter-node round-trips needed to effect
   operations which involve direct data placement or which transfer RPC
   messages longer than the fixed inline buffer size limit.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-rtrext/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-rtrext-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/