Subject: I-D Action: draft-fu-dots-ipfix-extension-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 20:34:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPFIX IE Extensions for DDoS Attack Detection
        Authors         : Tianfu Fu
                          DaCheng Zhang
                          Liang Xia
                          Min Li
	Filename        : draft-fu-dots-ipfix-extension-01.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2016-06-13

Abstract:
   DDoS Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) Working Group is for developing
   the standard signaling mechanisms, together with the DDoS related
   telemetry and threat handling requests and data transmitted by them
   used in DDoS problem space. Although IP Flow Information Export
   (IPFIX), Packet Sampling (PSAMP), and Packet Selection methods are
   useful for network security inspection, there are still some gaps
   existing to identify some categories of DDoS attacks.  To fill in
   the gaps, this document describes the connection sampling mechanism
   and explains why it is needed for detecting DDoS attacks. It also
   defines several new IPFIX Information Elements (IEs). Then, it
   presents some examples to show how to use these new IPFIX IEs
   together with the existing IPFIX IEs to detect specific DDoS attacks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fu-dots-ipfix-extension/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fu-dots-ipfix-extension-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fu-dots-ipfix-extension-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/