Subject: I-D Action: draft-pelov-6lpwa-cosol-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2016 06:53:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Constrained Signaling Over LPWA
        Authors         : Alexander Pelov
                          Laurent Toutain
                          Yannick Delibie
                          Ana Minaburo
	Filename        : draft-pelov-6lpwa-cosol-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2016-06-08

Abstract:
   This document presents a new type of long-range, low-rate radio
   technologies and an extensible mechanism to operate these networks
   based on CoAP.  The emerging Low-Power Wide-Area Networks (LPWA)
   present a particular set of constraints, which places them at the
   intersection of infrastructure networks, ultra-dense networks, delay-
   tolerant networks and low-power and lossy networks.  The main
   objectives of LPWA signaling is to minimize the number of exchanged
   messages, minimize the size of each message in a secure and
   extensible manner, all with keeping the fundamental principle of
   technology-independence (L2-independence).  This document describes
   the use of the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) as the main
   signaling protocol for LPWA, over which minimal messages are
   exchanged allowing the full operation of the network, such as
   authentication, authorization, and management.  The use of CoAP
   signaling provides a generic mechanism that can be applied to
   different LPWA technologies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pelov-6lpwa-cosol/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pelov-6lpwa-cosol-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/