Subject: I-D Action: draft-dong-pce-discovery-proto-bgp-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 02:05:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP Extensions for Path Computation Element (PCE) Discovery
        Authors         : Jie Dong
                          Mach(Guoyi) Chen
                          Dhruv Dhody
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Kenji Kumaki
                          Tomoki Murai
	Filename        : draft-dong-pce-discovery-proto-bgp-05.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2016-06-25

Abstract:
   In networks where Path Computation Element (PCE) is used for
   centralized path computation, it is desirable for the Path
   Computation Clients (PCCs) to automatically discover a set of PCEs
   and select the suitable ones to establish the PCEP session.  RFC 5088
   and RFC 5089 define the PCE discovery mechanisms based on Interior
   Gateway Protocols (IGP).  This document describes several scenarios
   in which the IGP based PCE discovery mechanisms cannot be used
   directly.  In such scenarios, BGP might be suitable, thus this
   document specifies the BGP extensions for PCE discovery.  The BGP
   based PCE discovery mechanism is complementary to the existing IGP
   based mechanisms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dong-pce-discovery-proto-bgp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dong-pce-discovery-proto-bgp-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dong-pce-discovery-proto-bgp-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/