Subject: I-D Action: draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 14:36:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TCP Control Block Interdependence
        Authors         : Joe Touch
                          Michael Welzl
                          Safiqul Islam
                          Jianjie You
	Filename        : draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2016-06-27

Abstract:
   This memo describes interdependent TCP control blocks, where part of
   the TCP state is shared among similar concurrent or consecutive
   connections. TCP state includes a combination of parameters, such as
   connection state, current round-trip time estimates, congestion
   control information, and process information. Most of this state is
   maintained on a per-connection basis in the TCP Control Block (TCB),
   but implementations can (and do) share certain TCB information
   across connections to the same host. Such sharing can improve
   transient transport performance, while maintaining backward-
   compatibility with existing implementations. The sharing described
   herein is limited to only the TCB initialization and so has no
   effect on the long-term behavior of TCP after a connection has been
   established.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/