Subject: I-D Action: draft-huitema-dnssd-privacy-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 12:34:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Privacy Extensions for DNS-SD
        Authors         : Christian Huitema
                          Daniel Kaiser
	Filename        : draft-huitema-dnssd-privacy-01.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2016-06-10

Abstract:
   DNS-SD allows discovery of services published in DNS or MDNS.  The
   publication normally discloses information about the device
   publishing the services.  There are use cases where devices want to
   communicate without disclosing their identity, for example two mobile
   devices visiting the same hotspot.

   We propose to solve this problem by a two-stage approach.  In the
   first stage, hosts discover Private Discovery Service Instances via
   DNS-SD using special formats to protect their privacy.  These service
   instances correspond to Private Discovery Servers running on peers.
   In the second stage, hosts directly query these Private Discovery
   Servers via DNS-SD over TLS.  A pairwise shared secret necessary to
   establish these connections is only known to hosts authorized by a
   pairing system.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-huitema-dnssd-privacy/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-huitema-dnssd-privacy-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-huitema-dnssd-privacy-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/