Subject: I-D Action: draft-sheffer-ietf-rfc-annotations-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 10:55:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Requesting Comments: Enabling Readers to Annotate RFCs
        Author          : Yaron Sheffer
	Filename        : draft-sheffer-ietf-rfc-annotations-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2016-06-25

Abstract:
   RFCs were initially intended as, literally, requests for comments.
   Since then, they have turned into standards documents, with a
   peculiar process to report errors and a highly onerous process to
   actually have the RFC modified/republished.  Non-IETF participants
   are typically unaware of any way to provide feedback to published
   RFCs, other than direct email to the listed authors.  This is very
   different from the way many web specifications are developed today
   and arguably leads to the value of published RFCs diminishing over
   time.  This document proposes an experiment to remedy this situation
   through the deployment of web annotations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sheffer-ietf-rfc-annotations/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sheffer-ietf-rfc-annotations-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/