Subject: I-D Action: draft-hussain-ccamp-flexe-usecases-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 14:51:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : FlexE Usecases 
        Authors         : Iftekhar Hussain
                          Radha Valiveti
                          Khuzema Pithewan
	Filename        : draft-hussain-ccamp-flexe-usecases-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2016-06-20

Abstract:
   Traditionally, Ethernet MAC rates were constrained to match the rates
   of the Ethernet PHY(s).  OIF's implementation agreement [OIFMLG3] was
   the first step in allowing MAC rates to be different than the PHY
   rates.  OIF has recently approved another implementation agreement
   [OIFFLEXE1] which allows complete decoupling of the MAC data rates
   and the Ethernet PHY(s) that support them.  This includes support for
   (a) MAC rates which are greater than the rate of a single PHY
   (satisfied by bonding of multiple PHY(s)), (b) MAC rates rates which
   are less than the rate of a PHY (sub-rate), (c) support of multiple
   FlexE client signals carried over a single PHY, or over a collection
   of bonded PHY(s).  This draft catalogs the usecases that are
   encountered when these Flexible rate Ethernet client signals are
   transported over OTN networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hussain-ccamp-flexe-usecases/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hussain-ccamp-flexe-usecases-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/