Subject: I-D Action: draft-kiesel-alto-xdom-disc-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 12:28:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Application Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) Cross-Domain Server Discovery
        Authors         : Sebastian Kiesel
                          Martin Stiemerling
	Filename        : draft-kiesel-alto-xdom-disc-02.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2016-07-07

Abstract:
   The goal of Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) is to
   provide guidance to applications that have to select one or several
   hosts from a set of candidates capable of providing a desired
   resource.  ALTO is realized by a client-server protocol.  Before an
   ALTO client can ask for guidance it needs to discover one or more
   ALTO servers that can provide suitable guidance.

   In some deployment scenarios, in particular if the information about
   the network topology is partitioned and distributed over several ALTO
   servers, it may be needed to discover an ALTO server outside of the
   own network domain, in order to get appropriate guidance.  This
   document details applicable scenarios, itemizes requirements, and
   specifies a procedure for ALTO cross-domain server discovery.

   Technically, the algorithm specified in this document takes one
   IP address and a U-NAPTR Service Parameter (i.e., "ALTO:http" or
   "ALTO:https") as parameters.  It performs DNS lookups (for NAPTR
   resource records in the in-addr.arpa. or ip6.arpa. tree) and returns
   one or more URI(s) of information resources related to that IP
   address.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kiesel-alto-xdom-disc/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kiesel-alto-xdom-disc-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kiesel-alto-xdom-disc-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/