Subject: I-D Action: draft-hommes-alto-blockchain-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 08:20:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ALTO for the blockchain
        Authors         : Stefan Hommes
                          Beltran Fiz
                          Radu State
                          Anton Zuenko
                          Richard Caetano
                          Vijay Gurbani
	Filename        : draft-hommes-alto-blockchain-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2016-07-07

Abstract:
   With the inception of the Bitcoin cryptocurrency, the underlying
   concept of the blockchain has now attracted a large number of
   application scenarios.  Due to the decentralised nature of a typical
   blockchain service, a reliable communication between the different
   nodes is a mandatory requirement.  RFC7285 describes the idea of
   using Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) that is used to
   improve the communication in peer-to-peer networks.  This document
   describes the benefits of using ALTO in the context of a blockchain
   network, and highlights the improvements for a private, consortium
   and public blockchain.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hommes-alto-blockchain/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hommes-alto-blockchain-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hommes-alto-blockchain-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/