Subject: I-D Action: draft-wang-ccamp-flexe-fwk-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 03:24:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Framework and Requirements for GMPLS-based Control of Flexible Ethernet Network
        Authors         : Qilei Wang
                          Iftekhar Hussain
                          Khuzema Pithewan
                          Radha Valiveti
	Filename        : draft-wang-ccamp-flexe-fwk-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2016-07-08

Abstract:
   Flex Ethernet (FlexE) technology, which is defined by Optical
   Internetworking Forum (OIF), is a new kind of data plane technology
   and can be used to provides a generic mechanism for supporting a
   variety of Ethernet MAC rates that may or may not correspond to any
   existing Ethernet PHY rate.  This includes MAC rates that are greater
   than (through bonding) and less than (through sub-rate and
   channelization) the standard Ethernet PHY rates.

   Based on the applications/use cases given in the Flex Ethernet
   Implementation Agreement [FlexE-IA], this document defines a
   framework and control plane requirements for the application of
   existing GMPLS architecture and control plane protocols to the
   control of flexible Ethernet network.  The actual extensions to the
   GMPLS protocols will be defined in companion documents.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-ccamp-flexe-fwk/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-ccamp-flexe-fwk-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wang-ccamp-flexe-fwk-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/