Subject: I-D Action: draft-brockners-inband-oam-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 03:27:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Requirements for In-band OAM
        Authors         : Frank Brockners
                          Shwetha Bhandari
                          Sashank Dara
                          Carlos Pignataro
                          Hannes Gredler
	Filename        : draft-brockners-inband-oam-requirements-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2016-07-08

Abstract:
   This document discusses the motivation and requirements for including
   specific operational and telemetry information into data packets
   while the data packet traverses a path between two points in the
   network.  This method is referred to as "in-band" Operations,
   Administration, and Maintenance (OAM), given that the OAM information
   is carried with the data packets as opposed to in "out-of-band"
   packets dedicated to OAM.  In-band OAM complements other OAM
   mechanisms which use dedicated probe packets to convey OAM
   information.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-brockners-inband-oam-requirements/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-brockners-inband-oam-requirements-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/