Subject: I-D Action: draft-shen-mpls-egress-protection-framework-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2016 11:24:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : MPLS Egress Protection Framework
        Authors         : Yimin Shen
                          Minto Jeyananth
                          Bruno Decraene
	Filename        : draft-shen-mpls-egress-protection-framework-02.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2016-07-01

Abstract:
   This document specifies a fast reroute framework for protecting MPLS
   tunnels and IP/MPLS services against egress router failures.  In this
   framework, the penultimate-hop router of an MPLS tunnel pre-
   establishes a bypass tunnel to a protector, and performs local
   detection and local repair upon an egress router failure.  The router
   can restore service traffic in the order of tens of milliseconds, by
   rerouting the traffic through the bypass tunnel.  The protector in
   turn performs context label switching or IP forwarding to send the
   traffic towards service destination(s).  The mechanism can be used to
   reduce traffic loss before global repair reacts to the failure and
   control plane protocols converge on the topology changes due to the
   failure.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shen-mpls-egress-protection-framework/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shen-mpls-egress-protection-framework-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-shen-mpls-egress-protection-framework-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/