Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 12:13:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure of the IETF.

        Title           : Recommendations on Filtering of IPv6 Packets Containing IPv6 Extension Headers
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Will(Shucheng) Liu
                          Ronald P. Bonica
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-01.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2016-07-08

Abstract:
   It is common operator practice to mitigate security risks by
   enforcing appropriate packet filtering.  This document analyzes both
   the general security implications of IPv6 Extension Headers and the
   specific security implications of each Extension Header and Option
   type, and provides advice on the filtering of IPv6 packets based on
   the IPv6 Extension Headers and the IPv6 options they contain.
   Additionally, it discusses the operational and interoperability
   implications of discarding packets based on the IPv6 Extension
   Headers and IPv6 options they contain.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/