Subject: I-D Action: draft-khademi-tsvwg-ecn-response-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 06:53:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Updating the Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) Specification to Allow IETF Experimentation
        Authors         : Naeem Khademi
                          Michael Welzl
                          Grenville Armitage
                          Godred Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-khademi-tsvwg-ecn-response-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2016-07-20

Abstract:
   This document relaxes recommendations and prescriptions from RFC3168
   and RFC4774 that get in the way of experimentation with different ECN
   strategies.  First, RFC3168 and RFC4774 state that, upon the receipt
   by an ECN-Capable transport of a single CE packet, the congestion
   control algorithms followed at the end-systems MUST be essentially
   the same as the congestion control response to a single dropped
   packet.  This document relaxes this rule in order to encourage
   experimentation with different backoff strategies.  Second, this
   document allows future IETF specifications to use the ECT(1)
   codepoint in ways that are currently prohibited by RFC3168.  Third,
   this document allows future IETF experiments to use the ECT(0) or
   ECT(1) codepoint on any TCP segment.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-khademi-tsvwg-ecn-response/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-khademi-tsvwg-ecn-response-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-khademi-tsvwg-ecn-response-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/