Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsec-v6-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 08:53:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure of the IETF.

        Title           : Operational Security Considerations for IPv6 Networks
        Authors         : Kiran K. Chittimaneni
                          Merike Kaeo
                          Eric Vyncke
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsec-v6-09.txt
	Pages           : 44
	Date            : 2016-07-07

Abstract:
   Knowledge and experience on how to operate IPv4 securely is
   available: whether it is the Internet or an enterprise internal
   network.  However, IPv6 presents some new security challenges.  RFC
   4942 describes the security issues in the protocol but network
   managers also need a more practical, operations-minded document to
   enumerate advantages and/or disadvantages of certain choices.

   This document analyzes the operational security issues in all places
   of a network (enterprises, service providers and residential users)
   and proposes technical and procedural mitigations techniques.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsec-v6/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsec-v6-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsec-v6-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/