Subject: I-D Action: draft-cheshire-sudn-ipv4only-dot-arpa-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 06:08:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Special Use Domain Name 'ipv4only.arpa'
        Authors         : Stuart Cheshire
                          David Schinazi
	Filename        : draft-cheshire-sudn-ipv4only-dot-arpa-03.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2016-07-19

Abstract:
   The specification for how a client discovers its network's NAT64
   prefix [RFC7050] defines the special name 'ipv4only.arpa' for this
   purpose, but treats it as a non special name in the document's Domain
   Name Reservation Considerations section.

   Consequently, despite the well articulated special purpose of the
   name, as of July 2016 'ipv4only.arpa' still does not appear as one of
   the names with special properties that are recorded in the Special-
   Use Domain Names registry.

   This document formally declares the actual special properties of the
   name, and adds similar declarations for the corresponding reverse
   mapping names.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cheshire-sudn-ipv4only-dot-arpa/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cheshire-sudn-ipv4only-dot-arpa-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-cheshire-sudn-ipv4only-dot-arpa-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/