Subject: I-D Action: draft-zimmermann-rfc6189bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 11:22:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ZRTP: Media Path Key Agreement for Unicast Secure RTP
        Authors         : Philip Zimmermann
                          Alan Johnston
                          Travis Cross
	Filename        : draft-zimmermann-rfc6189bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 126
	Date            : 2016-07-08

Abstract:
   This document defines ZRTP, a protocol for media path Diffie-Hellman
   exchange to agree on a session key and parameters for establishing
   unicast Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) sessions for Voice
   over IP (VoIP) applications.  The ZRTP protocol is media path keying
   because it is multiplexed on the same port as RTP and does not
   require support in the signaling protocol.  ZRTP does not assume a
   Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) or require the complexity of
   certificates in end devices.  For the media session, ZRTP provides
   confidentiality, protection against man-in-the-middle (MiTM) attacks,
   and, in cases where the signaling protocol provides end-to-end
   integrity protection, authentication.  ZRTP can utilize a Session
   Description Protocol (SDP) attribute to provide discovery and
   authentication through the signaling channel.  To provide best effort
   SRTP, ZRTP utilizes normal RTP/AVP (Audio-Visual Profile) profiles.
   ZRTP secures media sessions that include a voice media stream and can
   also secure media sessions that do not include voice by using an
   optional digital signature.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zimmermann-rfc6189bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zimmermann-rfc6189bis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/