Subject: I-D Action: draft-jing-sfc-flow-release-notify-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 02:27:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Flow Release Notify
        Authors         : WeiDong Jing
                          Jingbo Zhao
                          Xuzhou Zhan
                          Hongbo Cai
                          Cui Wang
	Filename        : draft-jing-sfc-flow-release-notify-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2016-07-07

Abstract:
   Service function chain is the definition of an ordered set of service
   functions.  After instantiated, the service function path is created
   and the classified traffic is steered through the corresponding
   service function path and then forwarded to the final destination.
   SFs and SFC Proxies do not know the termination of a service flow.
   This document describes a method to notify the SFs and SFC Proxies
   the termination of a service flow.

   When one service flow goes through the SFP, there may create some
   states in some SFs or SFC Proxies.  However, when the service flow
   terminates, the SFs and SFC Proxies are unaware of that and maintain
   the states as well.This document describes a method to notify the SFs
   and SFC Proxies the termination of a service flow and release the
   resources occupied by the flow.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jing-sfc-flow-release-notify/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jing-sfc-flow-release-notify-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/