Subject: I-D Action: draft-olteanu-mptcp-loadbalance-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 02:09:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Layer 4 Loadbalancing for MPTCP
        Authors         : Vladimir Olteanu
                          Costin Raiciu
	Filename        : draft-olteanu-mptcp-loadbalance-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2016-07-08

Abstract:
   Layer 4 loadbalancers are widely used in the deployment of large-
   scale web services.  A large number of servers accept incoming
   connections from clients, while multiple loadbalancers make sure that
   traffic is spread evenly across the servers.

   Due to its use of multiple subflows, Multipath TCP poses several
   issues to the design of a scalable layer 4 loadbalancer that supports
   it.  This document presents two ways in which MPTCP connections can
   be loadbalanced across a large pool of servers.  Both approaches
   entail using a slightly modified server stack and work well with
   unmodified MPTCP clients.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-olteanu-mptcp-loadbalance/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-olteanu-mptcp-loadbalance-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/