Subject: I-D Action: draft-vallamkonda-sfc-metadata-model-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 21:01:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Framework for SFC Metadata
        Authors         : Sunil Vallamkonda
                          Linda Dunbar
                          David Dolson
	Filename        : draft-vallamkonda-sfc-metadata-model-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2016-07-07

Abstract:
   Various types of metadata are applicable to Service Function
   Chaining (SFC).  Metadata can be used for many purposes, such as
   conveying processing information, resource usage, and flow specific
   information, from prior nodes along the Service Function Path. It
   can also be vendor specific to leverage vendor capabilities and hint
   to downstream Service functions dynamically for improved
   performance. In contrast, metadata carried out of band introduces
   latency and overhead with inefficiency and non-synchronous to real-
   time traffic. A Service Function (SF) that needs to process the
   information carried by the metadata may need detailed information of
   the metadata structure carried by the packets and can have local
   policies based on metadata.

   The purpose of this document is to specify a framework and
   information model on how to provision information about metadata
   among classifiers and service functions on a service function chain.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vallamkonda-sfc-metadata-model/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vallamkonda-sfc-metadata-model-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-vallamkonda-sfc-metadata-model-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/