Subject: I-D Action: draft-gont-numeric-ids-history-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 09:17:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Unfortunate History of Transient Numeric Identifiers
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Ivan Arce
	Filename        : draft-gont-numeric-ids-history-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2016-07-08

Abstract:
   This document performs an analysis of the security and privacy
   implications of different types of "numeric identifiers" used in IETF
   protocols, and tries to categorize them based on their
   interoperability requirements and the associated failure severity
   when such requirements are not met.  It describes a number of
   algorithms that have been employed in real implementations to meet
   such requirements and analyzes their security and privacy properties.
   Additionally, it provides advice on possible algorithms that could be
   employed to satisfy the interoperability requirements of each
   identifier type, while minimizing the security and privacy
   implications, thus providing guidance to protocol designers and
   protocol implementers.  Finally, it provides recommendations for
   future protocol specifications regarding the specification of the
   aforementioned numeric identifiers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-numeric-ids-history/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-numeric-ids-history-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/