Subject: I-D Action: draft-brockners-inband-oam-transport-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 03:28:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Encapsulations for In-band OAM Data
        Authors         : Frank Brockners
                          Shwetha Bhandari
                          Carlos Pignataro
                          Hannes Gredler
	Filename        : draft-brockners-inband-oam-transport-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2016-07-08

Abstract:
   In-band operation, administration and maintenance (OAM) records
   operational and telemetry information in the packet while the packet
   traverses a path between two points in the network.  In-band OAM is
   to complement current out-of-band OAM mechanisms based on ICMP or
   other types of probe packets.  This document outlines how in-band OAM
   data records can be transported in protocols such as NSH, Segment
   Routing, VXLAN-GPE, native IPv6 (via extension header), and IPv4.
   Transport options are currently investigated as part of an
   implementation study.  This document is intended to only serve
   informational purposes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-brockners-inband-oam-transport/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-brockners-inband-oam-transport-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/