Subject: I-D Action: draft-dong-icnrg-nrs-requirement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 03:50:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Requirements of Name Resolution Service in ICN
        Authors         : Lijun Dong
                          Cedric Westphal
                          GQ Wang
                          Jianping Wang
	Filename        : draft-dong-icnrg-nrs-requirement-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2016-07-19

Abstract:
   This document summarizes the existing approaches for name resolution
   in various ICN architectures, and categorizes them into two groups:
   (1) standalone name resolution; (2) name based routing. It compares
   the two types of approaches from the aspects of update message
   overhead, resolution capability, node failure impact, and maintained
   database. And hybrid approaches also exist with a subnet of routers
   carrying out name based routing. Despite the coexistence of
   different name resolution approaches, the Name Resolution Service
   (NRS) is most essential service that shall be provided by the ICN
   infrastructure. The document gives the definition of NRS in ICN and
   proposes some requirements of NRS, i.e. resolution guarantee, delay
   sensitivity, minimum inter-domain traffic, failure resilience,
   accuracy, security and accessibility, scalability, and time
   transiency, support for manifest, interoperability, resolution
   result selection, heterogeneity, unspecified Content Name.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dong-icnrg-nrs-requirement/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dong-icnrg-nrs-requirement-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/