Subject: I-D Action: draft-kanugovi-intarea-mams-protocol-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 02:15:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Multiple Access Management Protocol
        Authors         : Satish Kanugovi
                          Subramanian Vasudevan
                          Florin Baboescu
	Filename        : draft-kanugovi-intarea-mams-protocol-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2016-07-19

Abstract:
   A communication network includes an access network element that
   delivers data to/from the user and an associated core network element
   that typically is the IP gateway having connectivity with the
   application servers.  Multiconnectivity scenarios are common where a
   device can be simultaneously connected to multiple communication
   networks based on different technology implementations and network
   architectures like WiFi, LTE, DSL.  A smart combination and selection
   of access and core network paths can improve quality of experience
   that a user in a multiconnectivity scenario.  This document presents
   the problem statement and proposes solution principles.  It specifies
   the requirements and reference architecture for a multi access
   management services framework that can be used to flexibly select the
   best combination of uplink and downlink access and core network
   paths, ensuring better network efficiency and enhanced application
   performance.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kanugovi-intarea-mams-protocol/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kanugovi-intarea-mams-protocol-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/