Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-alto-ethernet-optical-converged-network-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 16:47:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ALTO in Ethernet and Optical Converged Networks
        Authors         : Mingming Chen
                          Xin Tony Wang
	Filename        : draft-chen-alto-ethernet-optical-converged-network-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2016-07-08

Abstract:
   In conventional enterprise data centers, there are at least two
   networks: Ethernet that allows users to access their applications on
   servers, optical networks which built on Fiber Channel, that enables
   those servers to access big data on storage network.  Because of
   their specialized hardware, they have vastly different management
   tools and require completely different skill sets to build and
   maintain.

   The Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) protocol is
   designed to provide network related information to client
   applications.  It has developed a lot in Ethernet, and now we
   consider to build a central control in a basic Ethernet and Optical
   converged networks.  Follow the concept of ALTO implementing in
   Ethernet networks, an ALTO server can get the necessary information
   from underlining Ethernet and Optical converged networks.  After
   abstracting the network information, ALTO server can achieve a
   central resource allocation and organize them into a standard format
   so as to provide useful information to ALTO clients.  This document
   designs a basic way of applying ALTO in converged networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-alto-ethernet-optical-converged-network/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chen-alto-ethernet-optical-converged-network-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/