Subject: I-D Action: draft-ravi-icnrg-interest-notification-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 23:02:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Support for Notifications in CCN
        Authors         : Ravishankar Ravindran
                          Asit Chakraborti
                          Syed Obaid Amin
                          Jiachen Chen
                          Marc Mosko
                          Ignacio Solis
	Filename        : draft-ravi-icnrg-interest-notification-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2016-07-07

Abstract:
   This draft proposes a new packet primitive called Notification for
   CCN.  Notification is a PUSH primitive and can be unicast or
   multicast to multiple listening points.  Notifications do not expect
   a Content Object response hence only requires the use of FIB state in
   the CCN forwarder.  Emulating Notification as a PULL has performance
   and routing implications.  The draft proposes a new fixed header
   primitive called Notification and a CCN message encoding using
   Content Object primitive to transport Notifications.  These
   discussions are presented in the context of CCNx1.0 [1] proposal.
   The draft also provides discussions on various aspects related to
   notification such as flow and congestion control, routing and
   reliability considerations, and use case scenarios.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ravi-icnrg-interest-notification/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ravi-icnrg-interest-notification-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/