Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-hip-rfc6253-bis-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 03:56:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol of the IETF.

        Title           : Host Identity Protocol Certificates
        Authors         : Tobias Heer
                          Samu Varjonen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-rfc6253-bis-09.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2016-07-06

Abstract:
   The Certificate (CERT) parameter is a container for digital
   certificates.  It is used for carrying these certificates in Host
   Identity Protocol (HIP) control packets.  This document specifies the
   certificate parameter and the error signaling in case of a failed
   verification.  Additionally, this document specifies the
   representations of Host Identity Tags in X.509 version 3 (v3).

   The concrete use cases of certificates, including how certificates
   are obtained, requested, and which actions are taken upon successful
   or failed verification, are specific to the scenario in which the
   certificates are used.  Hence, the definition of these scenario-
   specific aspects is left to the documents that use the CERT
   parameter.

   This document updates RFC7401 and obsoletes RFC6253.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-rfc6253-bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-hip-rfc6253-bis-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-hip-rfc6253-bis-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/