Subject: I-D Action: draft-vandevelde-idr-flowspec-path-redirect-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 09:08:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing of the IETF.

        Title           : Flowspec Indirection-id Redirect
        Authors         : Gunter Van de Velde
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Keyur Patel
                          Arjun Sreekantiah
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Shunwan Zhuang
                          Nan Wu
	Filename        : draft-vandevelde-idr-flowspec-path-redirect-03.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2016-07-08

Abstract:
   Flowspec is an extension to BGP that allows for the dissemination of
   traffic flow specification rules.  This has many possible
   applications but the primary one for many network operators is the
   distribution of traffic filtering actions for DDoS mitigation.  The
   flow-spec standard RFC5575 [2] defines a redirect-to-VRF action for
   policy-based forwarding but this mechanism is not always sufficient,
   particularly if the redirected traffic needs to be steered into an
   engineered path or into a service plane.

   This document defines a new extended community known as redirect-to-
   indirection-id (32-bit) flowspec action to provide advanced
   redirection capabilities on flowspec clients.  When activated, the
   flowspec extended community is used by a flowspec client to find the
   correct next-hop entry within a localised indirection-id mapping
   table.

   The functionality present in this draft allows a network controller
   to decouple flowspec functionality from the creation and maintainance
   of the network's service plane itself including the setup of tunnels
   and other service constructs that could be managed by other network
   devices.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vandevelde-idr-flowspec-path-redirect/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vandevelde-idr-flowspec-path-redirect-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-vandevelde-idr-flowspec-path-redirect-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/