Subject: I-D Action: draft-roca-tsvwg-fecframev2-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2016 08:15:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Forward Error Correction (FEC) Framework version 2
        Authors         : Vincent Roca
                          Mark Watson
                          Ali Begen
	Filename        : draft-roca-tsvwg-fecframev2-00.txt
	Pages           : 49
	Date            : 2016-07-04

Abstract:
   This document describes a framework for using Forward Error
   Correction (FEC) codes with applications in public and private IP
   networks to provide protection against packet loss.  The framework
   supports applying FEC to arbitrary packet flows over unreliable
   transport and is primarily intended for real-time, or streaming,
   media.  This framework can be used to define Content Delivery
   Protocols that provide FEC for streaming media delivery or other
   packet flows.  Content Delivery Protocols defined using this
   framework can support any FEC scheme (and associated FEC codes) that
   is compliant with various requirements defined in this document.
   Thus, Content Delivery Protocols can be defined that are not specific
   to a particular FEC scheme, and FEC schemes can be defined that are
   not specific to a particular Content Delivery Protocol.  The first
   version of FECFRAME defined in [RFC6363] was restricted to block FEC
   codes.  The FECFRAME version 2 defined in this document adds the
   possibility to use Convolutional FEC Codes in addition to Block FEC
   Codes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-roca-tsvwg-fecframev2/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-roca-tsvwg-fecframev2-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/