Subject: I-D Action: draft-hussain-ccamp-flexe-usecases-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 15:08:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : FlexE Usecases 
        Authors         : Iftekhar Hussain
                          Radha Valiveti
                          Khuzema Pithewan
	Filename        : draft-hussain-ccamp-flexe-usecases-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2016-07-07

Abstract:
   Traditionally, Ethernet MAC rates were constrained to match the rates
   of the Ethernet PHY(s).  OIF's implementation agreement [OIFMLG3] was
   the first step in allowing MAC rates to be different than the PHY
   rates.  OIF has recently approved another implementation agreement
   [OIFFLEXE1] which allows complete decoupling of the MAC data rates
   and the Ethernet PHY(s) that support them.  This includes support for
   (a) MAC rates which are greater than the rate of a single PHY
   (satisfied by bonding of multiple PHY(s)), (b) MAC rates which are
   less than the rate of a PHY (sub-rate), (c) support of multiple FlexE
   client signals carried over a single PHY, or over a collection of
   bonded PHY(s).  This draft catalogs the usecases that are encountered
   when these Flexible rate Ethernet client signals are transported over
   OTN networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hussain-ccamp-flexe-usecases/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hussain-ccamp-flexe-usecases-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hussain-ccamp-flexe-usecases-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/