Subject: I-D Action: draft-vkrasnov-h2-compression-dictionaries-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 21:52:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Compression Dictionaries for HTTP/2
        Author          : Vlad Krasnov
	Filename        : draft-vkrasnov-h2-compression-dictionaries-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2016-07-17

Abstract:
   The HTTP/2 [RFC7540] protocol encourages the use of many small assets
   for CSS/JS/HTML, due to its multiplexed nature.  Prior to HTTP/2,
   asset inlining was encouraged, resulting in fewer, larger assets per
   website.

   The nature of the compression algorithms, such as DEFLATE [RFC1951]
   and Brotli [BROTLI], used with HTTP in practice, require a certain
   "window" of data to perform backward matching.  Therefore, larger
   files have much better compression ratio.  These algorithms also
   allow the use of custom compression dictionaries which can be used as
   the initial window for backward matches.

   This document specifies a new HTTP/2 frame type and a new HTTP/2
   setting value that would allow a compression algorithm to use
   previously sent data as a compression dictionary, resulting in an
   improved compression ratio.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vkrasnov-h2-compression-dictionaries/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vkrasnov-h2-compression-dictionaries-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/