Subject: I-D Action: draft-rabadan-bess-evpn-ac-df-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 12:48:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : AC-influenced Designated Forwarder Election for EVPN
        Authors         : Jorge Rabadan
                          Kiran Nagaraj
                          Senthil Sathappan
                          Vinod Prabhu
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Autumn Liu
	Filename        : draft-rabadan-bess-evpn-ac-df-04.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2016-07-07

Abstract:
   The Designated Forwarder (DF) in EVPN networks is the PE responsible
   for sending multicast, broadcast and unknown unicast traffic to a
   multi-homed CE, on a given Ethernet Tag on a particular Ethernet
   Segment (ES). The DF is selected based on the list of PEs that
   advertise the Ethernet Segment Identifier (ESI) to the EVPN network.
   While PE node or link failures trigger the DF re-election for a given
   <ESI, EVI>, individual Attachment Circuit (AC) or MAC-VRF failures do
   not trigger such DF re-election and the traffic may therefore be
   permanently impacted, even though there is an alternative path. This
   document improves the DF election algorithm so that the AC status can
   influence the result of the election and this type of "logical"
   failures can be protected too.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rabadan-bess-evpn-ac-df/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rabadan-bess-evpn-ac-df-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-rabadan-bess-evpn-ac-df-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/