Subject: I-D Action: draft-spv-ippm-monitor-methodology-services-kpi-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 22:49:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Monitoring Service KPIs using TWAMP - Methodology
        Authors         : Srivathsa Sarangapani
                          Peyush Gupta
                          Vinayak Hegde
                          Qin Wu
	Filename        : draft-spv-ippm-monitor-methodology-services-kpi-02.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2016-07-17

Abstract:
   The TWAMP protocol provides a common architecture for two way
   measurements in the IP network.  However IP network performance are
   also affected by a set of L4-L7 service deployed in the network.
   Monitoring of these service performance in the IP network also plays
   a vital role in network optimization and application layer traffic
   optimization.  This capability is not supported by the existing TWAMP
   protocol.

   In this document, we extend TWAMP protocol to support service
   performance monitoring and service KPIs calculation.  Some of the
   existing fields in the TWAMP protocol are extended to support new
   modes for calculating these KPIs.  A set of new messages are added in
   the control protocol between TWAMP client (session sender) and the
   TWAMP server (session reflector).  Services here ranging from Layer 4
   to Layer 7 services,such as Http based services, Traffic load
   balancer, DPI, Video caching, real time streaming and IPSec.  The
   KPIs MAY be service latency, liveliness of an application, number of
   flows and sessions per service, load balancer statistics.

   There is a separate Draft[I.D-spv-ippm-monitor-implementation-
   services-kpi] that talks about implementation of monitoring these
   KPIs in the network using TWAMP.  Monitoring of these KPIs in the
   service plane with in a network play a vital role in optimum usage of
   network resources and improving the overall performance and capacity.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-spv-ippm-monitor-methodology-services-kpi/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-spv-ippm-monitor-methodology-services-kpi-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-spv-ippm-monitor-methodology-services-kpi-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/