Subject: I-D Action: draft-bormann-t2trg-ble-uri-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 14:27:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) URI Scheme and Media Types
        Authors         : Carsten Bormann
                          Ari Keranen
	Filename        : draft-bormann-t2trg-ble-uri-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2016-07-08

Abstract:
   In addition to its use as a subnetwork layer for IP (e.g., via
   RFC 7668), in various IoT web applications Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
   can serve as a "local interconnect", connecting devices locally
   (i.e., not over IP) for use as a source of information and a target
   for actuation.  In order to fully use these capabilities in
   applications using web technologies, there is a need for a method for
   addressing the resources, i.e., a URI scheme, and definition of the
   representation of the data exchanged between the application and
   devices, i.e., media types.  This document is a straw man proposal
   for such a URI scheme and media types for interacting with the
   Bluetooth GAP and GATT protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-t2trg-ble-uri/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-t2trg-ble-uri-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/