Subject: I-D Action: draft-natarajan-nfvrg-containers-for-nfv-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2016 07:50:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : An Analysis of Lightweight Virtualization Technologies for NFV
        Authors         : Sriram Natarajan
                          Ram (Ramki) Krishnan
                          Anoop Ghanwani
                          Dilip Krishnaswamy
                          Peter Willis
                          Ashay Chaudhary
                          Felipe Huici
	Filename        : draft-natarajan-nfvrg-containers-for-nfv-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2016-07-04

Abstract:
   Traditionally, NFV platforms were limited to using standard
   virtualization technologies (e.g., Xen, KVM, VMWare, Hyper-V, etc.)
   running guests based on general-purpose operating systems such as
   Windows, Linux or FreeBSD. More recently, a number of light-weight
   virtualization technologies including containers, unikernels
   (specialized VMs) and minimalistic distributions of general-purpose
   OSes have widened the spectrum of possibilities when constructing an
   NFV platform. This draft describes the challenges in building such a
   platform and discusses to what extent these technologies, as well as
   traditional VMs, are able to address them.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-natarajan-nfvrg-containers-for-nfv/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-natarajan-nfvrg-containers-for-nfv-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-natarajan-nfvrg-containers-for-nfv-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/