Subject: I-D Action: draft-fossati-tls-iot-optimizations-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 12:57:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TLS/DTLS Optimizations for Internet of Things Deployments
        Authors         : Thomas Fossati
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
	Filename        : draft-fossati-tls-iot-optimizations-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2016-07-08

Abstract:
   Internet protocols work well in a variety of environments, including
   Internet of Things (IoT) deployments.  While there are some
   optimization possibilities to reduce code size, bandwidth
   utilization, and to improve battery lifetime, in general most
   Internet protocols are also applicable to constrained environments.
   TLS and DTLS are two such security protocols that can be used by many
   IoT devices since DTLS/TLS provide lot of flexiblity in terms
   credential choice, ciphersuite usage, etc.  The DICE working group
   has developed a specification that profiles the use of TLS and DTLS
   for IoT environments, without changing the TLS/DTLS specifications.

   This memo goes a step further and proposes changes to the DTLS/TLS
   protocol to introduce further optimizations.  Since the ongoing work
   on TLS/DTLS 1.3 already offers several improvements (compared to
   previous versions) this document focuses on the use of version 1.3
   and suggests further optimizations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fossati-tls-iot-optimizations/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fossati-tls-iot-optimizations-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/