Subject: I-D Action: draft-grinnemo-taps-he-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 07:42:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Happy Eyeballs for Transport Selection
        Authors         : Karl-Johan Grinnemo
                          Anna Brunstrom
                          Per Hurtig
                          Naeem Khademi
	Filename        : draft-grinnemo-taps-he-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2016-07-08

Abstract:
   It is widely recognized that it has become very difficult to
   introduce new transport protocols on the Internet.  On reason to this
   is that there are no agreed-upon way for a source end host to find
   out whether there is support for a particular transport protocol
   along the network path from itself to a destination end host or not.
   This document describes a Happy Eyeballs framework that generalizes
   previously proposed Happy Eyeballs mechanisms to include a transport
   protocol, the configuration of this transport protocol, as well as a
   transport address, i.e., to include complete transport solutions.
   The described Happy Eyeballs framework is not only useful in the
   design and implementation of mechanisms that are to determine the
   support of particular transport solutions, but also for the design of
   mechanisms that are to select the transport solution, which,
   according to some criteria, is the most appropriate one to use.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-grinnemo-taps-he/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-grinnemo-taps-he-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/