Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bier-mpls-encapsulation-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 08:08:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Bit Indexed Explicit Replication of the IETF.

        Title           : Encapsulation for Bit Index Explicit Replication in MPLS Networks
        Authors         : IJsbrand Wijnands
                          Eric C. Rosen
                          Andrew Dolganow
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Sam K Aldrin
                          Israel Meilik
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bier-mpls-encapsulation-05.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2016-07-08

Abstract:
   Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER) is an architecture that
   provides optimal multicast forwarding through a "multicast domain",
   without requiring intermediate routers to maintain any per-flow state
   or to engage in an explicit tree-building protocol.  When a multicast
   data packet enters the domain, the ingress router determines the set
   of egress routers to which the packet needs to be sent.  The ingress
   router then encapsulates the packet in a BIER header.  The BIER
   header contains a bitstring in which each bit represents exactly one
   egress router in the domain; to forward the packet to a given set of
   egress routers, the bits corresponding to those routers are set in
   the BIER header.  The details of the encapsulation depend on the type
   of network used to realize the multicast domain.  This document
   specifies the BIER encapsulation to be used in an MPLS network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-mpls-encapsulation/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bier-mpls-encapsulation-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bier-mpls-encapsulation-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/