Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-attribute-announcement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 12:45:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing of the IETF.

        Title           : Constrain Attribute announcement within BGP
        Authors         : Keyur Patel
                          James Uttaro
                          Bruno Decraene
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Jeff Haas
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-bgp-attribute-announcement-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2016-07-08

Abstract:
   [RFC4271] defines four different categories of BGP Path attributes.
   The different Path attribute categories can be identified by the
   attribute flag values.  These flags help identify if an attribute is
   optional or well-known, Transitive or non-Transitive, Partial, or of
   an Extended length type.  BGP attribute announcement depends on
   whether an attribute is a well-known or optional, and whether an
   attribute is a transitive or non-transitive.  BGP implementations
   MUST recognize all well-known attributes.  The well-known attributes
   are always Transitive.  It is not required for BGP implementations to
   recognise all the Optional attributes.  The Optional attributes could
   be Transitive or Non-Transitive.  BGP implementations MUST store and
   forward any Unknown Optional Transitive attributes and ignore and
   drop any Unknown Optional Non-Transitive attributes.

   Currently, there is no way to confine the scope of Path attributes
   within a given Autonomous System (AS) or a given BGP member-AS in
   Confederation.  This draft defines attribute extensions that help
   confine the scope of Optional attributes within a given AS or a given
   BGP member-AS in Confederation

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-attribute-announcement/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-attribute-announcement-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/