Subject: I-D Action: draft-idr-bgp-rt-oscillation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2016 14:49:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Fixing Persistent Route Oscillation conditions in BGP RT-Constrain
        Authors         : Dongling Duan
                          Keyur Patel
                          Jeffrey Hass
	Filename        : draft-idr-bgp-rt-oscillation-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2016-07-06

Abstract:
   [RFC4684] defines Multi-Protocol BGP (MP-BGP) procedures that allow
   BGP speakers to exchange Route Target reachability information (RT-
   Constrain) to restrict the propagation of Virtual Private Network
   (VPN) routes.  In network scenarios where hierarchical route
   reflection (RR) is used, the existing RT-Constrain mechanism may
   result in persistent routing oscillations within RRs.  This document
   describes the problem scenario and proposes solutions to address
   persistent routing oscillations in hierarchical RR scenario.

   This document updates RFC 4684 by proposing solutions to avoid the
   persistent routing oscillations in hierarchical RR scenario.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-idr-bgp-rt-oscillation/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-idr-bgp-rt-oscillation-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/