Subject: I-D Action: draft-ratilainen-lpwan-nb-iot-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 06:07:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : NB-IoT characteristics
        Author          : Antti Ratilainen
	Filename        : draft-ratilainen-lpwan-nb-iot-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2016-07-08

Abstract:
   Low Power Wide Area Networks (LPWAN) are wireless technologies
   covering different Internet of Things (IoT) applications.  The common
   characteristics for LPWANs are large coverage, low bandwidth, small
   data sizes and long battery life operation.  One of these
   technologies include Narrowband Internet of Things (NB-IoT) developed
   and standardized by 3GPP.  This document is an informational overview
   to NB-IoT and gives the principal characteristics and restrictions of
   this technology in order to help with the IETF work for providing
   IPv6 connectivity to NB-IoT along with other LPWANs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ratilainen-lpwan-nb-iot/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ratilainen-lpwan-nb-iot-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/