Subject: I-D Action: draft-minaburo-lpwan-rohc-applicability-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 09:55:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : RoHC applicability in LPWAN
        Authors         : Ana Minaburo
                          Laurent Toutain
	Filename        : draft-minaburo-lpwan-rohc-applicability-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2016-07-07

Abstract:
   This document makes a survey of the way to adapt the RoHC mechanisms
   to the LPWAN networks.  It aims to show that RoHC header compression
   is not adapted for the constrained LPWAN networks.  RoHC was defined
   to reduce the overhead over point-to-point connections for multimedia
   flows, which does not correspond to the LPWAN traffic description.
   RoHC is not able to reduce the use of battery and optimize the energy
   lifetime.  If RoHC is used it will need a big effort to be adapted,
   there would be some problems to preserve a good transmission and
   packet lost will cause a context desynchronisation which implies a
   transmission of a complete header.  LP-WAN's are different
   technologies covering different applications based on long range, low
   bandwidth and low power operation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-minaburo-lpwan-rohc-applicability/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-minaburo-lpwan-rohc-applicability-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/