Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bmwg-vswitch-opnfv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 05:33:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Benchmarking Methodology of the IETF.

        Title           : Benchmarking Virtual Switches in OPNFV
        Authors         : Maryam Tahhan
                          Billy O'Mahony
                          Al Morton
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bmwg-vswitch-opnfv-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2016-07-08

Abstract:
   This memo describes the progress of the Open Platform for NFV (OPNFV)
   project on virtual switch performance "VSWITCHPERF".  This project
   intends to build on the current and completed work of the
   Benchmarking Methodology Working Group in IETF, by referencing
   existing literature.  The Benchmarking Methodology Working Group has
   traditionally conducted laboratory characterization of dedicated
   physical implementations of internetworking functions.  Therefore,
   this memo begins to describe the additional considerations when
   virtual switches are implemented in general-purpose hardware.  The
   expanded tests and benchmarks are also influenced by the OPNFV
   mission to support virtualization of the "telco" infrastructure.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bmwg-vswitch-opnfv/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bmwg-vswitch-opnfv-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/