Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-key-tag-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 15:30:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations of the IETF.

        Title           : Signaling Trust Anchor Knowledge in DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC)
        Authors         : Duane Wessels
                          Warren Kumari
                          Paul Hoffman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-key-tag-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2016-07-08

Abstract:
   The DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC) were developed to provide origin
   authentication and integrity protection for DNS data by using digital
   signatures.  These digital signatures can be verified by building a
   chain-of-trust starting from a trust anchor and proceeding down to a
   particular node in the DNS.  This document specifies two different
   ways for validating resolvers to signal to a server which keys are
   referenced in their chain-of-trust.  The data from such signaling
   allow zone administrators to monitor the progress of rollovers in a
   DNSSEC-signed zone.

   This document describes two independent methods for validating
   resolvers to publish their referenced keys: an EDNS option and a
   differnt DNS query.  The reason there are two methods instead of one
   is some people see significant problems with each method.  Having two
   methods is clearly worse than having just one, but it is probably
   better for the Internet than having no way to gain the information
   from the resolvers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-key-tag/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-key-tag-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-key-tag-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/