Subject: I-D Action: draft-hamilton-quic-transport-protocol-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 14:03:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : QUIC: A UDP-Based Multiplexed and Secure Transport
        Authors         : Ryan Hamilton
                          Janardhan Iyengar
                          Ian Swett
                          Alyssa Wilk
	Filename        : draft-hamilton-quic-transport-protocol-00.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2016-07-08

Abstract:
   QUIC (Quick UDP-based Internet Connection) is a multiplexed and
   secure transport protocol that runs on top of UDP.  QUIC builds on
   past transport experience, and implements mechanisms that make it
   useful as a modern general-purpose transport protocol.  Using UDP as
   the basis of QUIC is intended to address compatibility issues with
   legacy clients and middleboxes.  QUIC authenticates all of its
   headers, preventing third parties from from changing them.  QUIC
   encrypts most of its headers, thereby limiting protocol evolution to
   QUIC endpoints only.  Therefore, middleboxes, in large part, are not
   required to be updated as new protocol versions are deployed.  This
   document describes the core QUIC protocol, including the conceptual
   design, wire format, and mechanisms of the QUIC protocol for
   connection establishment, stream multiplexing, stream and connection-
   level flow control, and data reliability.  Accompanying documents
   describe QUIC's loss recovery and congestion control, and the use of
   TLS1.3 for key negotiation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hamilton-quic-transport-protocol/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hamilton-quic-transport-protocol-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/