Subject: I-D Action: draft-wallstrom-dnsop-dns-delegation-requirements-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2016 04:47:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DNS Delegation Requirements
        Authors         : Patrik Wallstrom
                          Jakob Schlyter
	Filename        : draft-wallstrom-dnsop-dns-delegation-requirements-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2016-08-08

Abstract:
   This document outlines a set of requirements on a well-behaved DNS
   delegation of a domain name.  A large number of tools have been
   developed to test DNS delegations, but each tool uses a different set
   of requirements for what is a correct setup for a delegated domain
   name.  However, there are few requirements on how to set up DNS in
   order to just make the delegation work.  In order to have a well-
   behaved delegation that is robust to failures and also makes DNS
   resolvers behave consistently, there are a large number of things to
   consider.

   Based on this document, it should be possible to set up a fully
   functional DNS delegation for a domain name, but also to create a set
   of test specifications for how to test a DNS delegation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wallstrom-dnsop-dns-delegation-requirements/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wallstrom-dnsop-dns-delegation-requirements-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wallstrom-dnsop-dns-delegation-requirements-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/