Subject: I-D Action: draft-templin-v6ops-pdhost-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 14:09:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 Prefix Delegation for Hosts
        Author          : Fred L. Templin
	Filename        : draft-templin-v6ops-pdhost-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2016-08-18

Abstract:
   IPv6 prefixes are typically delegated to requesting routers which
   then use them to number their downstream-attached links and networks.
   The requesting router then acts as a router between the downstream-
   attached hosts and the upstream Internetwork, and can also act as a
   host under the weak end system model.  This document considers the
   case when the "requesting router" is actually a simple host which
   receives a delegated prefix that it can use solely for its own
   internal multi-addressing purposes under the strong end system model.
   This method can be applied in a wide variety of use cases to allow
   ample address availability without impacting link performance.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-v6ops-pdhost/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-templin-v6ops-pdhost-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-templin-v6ops-pdhost-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/