Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tokbind-https-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 16:14:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Token Binding of the IETF.

        Title           : Token Binding over HTTP
        Authors         : Andrei Popov
                          Magnus Nyström
                          Dirk Balfanz
                          Adam Langley
                          Jeff Hodges
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tokbind-https-06.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2016-08-26

Abstract:
   This document describes a collection of mechanisms that allow HTTP
   servers to cryptographically bind authentication tokens (such as
   cookies and OAuth tokens) to TLS [RFC5246] connections.

   We describe both _first-party_ and _federated_ scenarios.  In a
   first-party scenario, an HTTP server is able to cryptographically
   bind the security tokens it issues to a client, and which the client
   subsequently returns to the server, to the TLS connection between the
   client and server.  Such bound security tokens are protected from
   misuse since the server can generally detect if they are replayed
   inappropriately, e.g., over other TLS connections.

   Federated token bindings, on the other hand, allow servers to
   cryptographically bind security tokens to a TLS connection that the
   client has with a _different_ server than the one issuing the token.

   This Internet-Draft is a companion document to The Token Binding
   Protocol [I-D.ietf-tokbind-protocol]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tokbind-https/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tokbind-https-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tokbind-https-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/