Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-aggressiveuse-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2016 12:17:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations of the IETF.

        Title           : Aggressive use of NSEC/NSEC3
        Authors         : Kazunori Fujiwara
                          Akira Kato
                          Warren Kumari
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-aggressiveuse-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2016-08-03

Abstract:
   The DNS relies upon caching to scale; however, the cache lookup
   generally requires an exact match.  This document specifies the use
   of NSEC/NSEC3 resource records to generate negative answers within a
   range.  This increases resilience to DoS attacks, increases
   performance / decreases latency, decreases resource utilization on
   both authoritative and recursive servers, and also increases privacy.

   This document updates RFC4035 by allowing resolvers to generate
   negative answers based upon NSEC/NSEC3 records.

   [ Ed note: Text inside square brackets ([]) is additional background
   information, answers to frequently asked questions, general musings,
   etc.  They will be removed before publication.This document is being
   collaborated on in Github at: https://github.com/wkumari/draft-ietf-
   dnsop-nsec-aggressiveuse.  The most recent version of the document,
   open issues, etc should all be available here.  The authors
   (gratefully) accept pull requests.

   Known / open issues [To be moved to Github issue tracker]:

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-aggressiveuse/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-aggressiveuse-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-aggressiveuse-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/