Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-stir-passport-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 10:57:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited of the IETF.

        Title           : Persona Assertion Token
        Authors         : Chris Wendt
                          Jon Peterson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-stir-passport-06.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2016-08-22

Abstract:
   This document defines a canonical string object or 'token' for
   verifying with non-repudiation the author of the token, their
   authority to author the token and, minimally, the asserted
   originating identity or persona contained within the token
   corresponding specifically to the originator of 'personal
   communications', or any signalled communications between a set of
   parties with identities.  A cryptographic signature is defined to
   protect the integrity of the information used to identify the
   originator of a personal communications session (e.g. the telephone
   number or URI) and verify the assertion of the identity information
   at the destination.  The cryptographic signature is defined with the
   intention that it can confidently verify the originating persona even
   when the signature is sent to the destination party over an insecure
   channel.  The Persona Assertion Token (PASSporT) is particularly
   useful for many personal communications applications over IP networks
   and other multi-hop interconnection scenarios where the originating
   and destination parties may not have a direct trusted relationship.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-passport/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-stir-passport-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-stir-passport-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/