Subject: I-D Action: draft-sweet-rfc2911bis-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2016 09:28:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: Model and Semantics
        Authors         : Michael Sweet
                          Ira McDonald
	Filename        : draft-sweet-rfc2911bis-10.txt
	Pages           : 218
	Date            : 2016-08-05

Abstract:
   The Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) is an application level protocol
   for distributed printing using Internet tools and technologies.  This
   document describes a simplified model consisting of abstract objects,
   attributes, and operations that is independent of encoding and
   transport.  The model consists of several objects including Printers
   and Jobs.  Jobs optionally support multiple Documents.

   IPP semantics allow End Users and Operators to query Printer
   capabilities, submit print Jobs, inquire about the status of print
   Jobs and Printers, and cancel, hold, and release print Jobs.  IPP
   semantics also allow Operators to pause and resume Jobs and Printers.

   Security, internationalization, and directory issues are also
   addressed by the model and semantics.  The IPP message encoding and
   transport are described in IPP/1.1: Encoding and Transport
   [RFC2910bis].

   This document obsoletes RFCs 2911, 3381, and 3382.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sweet-rfc2911bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sweet-rfc2911bis-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sweet-rfc2911bis-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/