Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-nvo3-hpvr2nve-cp-req-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 18:31:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Virtualization Overlays of the IETF.

        Title           : Split-NVE Control Plane Requirements
        Authors         : Yizhou Li
                          Lucy Yong
                          Lawrence Kreeger
                          Thomas Narten
                          David Black
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nvo3-hpvr2nve-cp-req-05.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2016-08-23

Abstract:
   In a Split-NVE architecture, the functions of the NVE are split
   across a server and an external network equipment which is called an
   external NVE.  The server-resident control plane functionality
   resides in control software, which may be part of a hypervisor or
   container management software; for simplicity, this draft refers to
   the hypervisor as the location of this software.

   A control plane protocol(s) between a hypervisor and its associated
   external NVE(s) is used for the hypervisor to distribute its virtual
   machine networking state to the external NVE(s) for further handling.
   This document illustrates the functionality required by this type of
   control plane signaling protocol and outlines the high level
   requirements. Virtual machine states as well as state transitioning
   are summarized to help clarifying the needed protocol requirements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-hpvr2nve-cp-req/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nvo3-hpvr2nve-cp-req-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nvo3-hpvr2nve-cp-req-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/