Subject: I-D Action: draft-leiba-3967upd-downref-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2016 12:54:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Updating when Standards Track Documents may Refer Normatively to Documents at a Lower Level
        Author          : Barry Leiba
	Filename        : draft-leiba-3967upd-downref-00.txt
	Pages           : 3
	Date            : 2016-08-09

Abstract:
   RFC 3967 specifies a process for allowing normative references to
   documents at lower maturity levels ("downrefs"), which involves
   calling out the downref explicitly in the last call notice.  That
   requirement has proven to be unnecessarily strict, and this document
   updates RFC 3967, allowing the IESG more flexibility in accepting
   downrefs in Standards Track documents.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-leiba-3967upd-downref/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-leiba-3967upd-downref-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/