Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-multi-cost-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 13:32:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization of the IETF.

        Title           : Multi-Cost ALTO
        Authors         : Sabine Randriamasy
                          Wendy Roome
                          Nico Schwan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-multi-cost-03.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2016-08-10

Abstract:
   The ALTO (Application Layer-Traffic Optimization) Protocol
   ([RFC7285]) defines several services that return various metrics
   describing the costs between network endpoints.  An ALTO Server may
   offer a variety of cost metrics, based on latency,bandwidth, hop
   count, jitter, or whatever else the ALTO Server deems useful.  For
   example, when downloading a file that is mirrored on several sites, a
   user application may consider more than one metric, perhaps trading
   bandwidth for latency to determine the most efficient mirror site.

   While the base ALTO Protocol allows a client to use more than one
   cost metric, to do so, the client must request each metric
   separately.  This document defines a new service that allows a client
   to retrieve several cost metrics with one request, which is
   considerably more efficient.  In addition, this document extends the
   ALTO constraint tests to allow a user to specify an arbitrary logical
   combination of tests on several cost metrics.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-multi-cost/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-alto-multi-cost-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-multi-cost-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/