Subject: I-D Action: draft-kumar-sfc-nsh-forwarding-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 18:41:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Infrastructure Service Forwarding For NSH
        Authors         : Surendra Kumar
                          Kent Leung
                          Peter Bosch
                          Dongkee Lee
                          Rajeev Manur
                          Andrew Dolganow
                          Praveen Muley
                          Sumandra Majee
                          Joel Halpern
	Filename        : draft-kumar-sfc-nsh-forwarding-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2016-08-19

Abstract:
   This draft describes the separation of service forwarding function
   and service delivery function abstractions, along with the mechanics
   of NSH encapsulated packet forwarding with such separation, in SFC
   deployments.

   This separation frees the service functions from making forwarding
   decisions and the necessary control plane integration, thereby
   keeping the service functions simple and focused on service delivery.
   Further, this separation fully contains the forwarding decisions in
   forwarding functions, thereby allowing implementations to enforce
   integrity of the forwarding state carried in NSH which in turn is
   required for correctly forwarding NSH encapsulated packets.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kumar-sfc-nsh-forwarding/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kumar-sfc-nsh-forwarding-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kumar-sfc-nsh-forwarding-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/