Subject: I-D Action: draft-guan-dmm-gbu-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 02:08:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PMIPv6 Group Binding Update for Internet of Things
        Authors         : Jianfeng Guan
                          Ilsun You
	Filename        : draft-guan-dmm-gbu-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2016-08-31

Abstract:
       Internet of Things (IoT) has been booming with rapid increase of
       various wearable devices, vehicle embedded devices and so on, and
       providing the effective mobility management for these IoT devices
       becomes a challenge due to the different application scenarios as
       well as the limited energy and bandwidth. Lots of researchers have
       focused on this topic and proposed several solutions based on the
       combination of IoT features and traditional mobility management
       protocols, in which most of these schemes take the IoT devices as
       mobile networks and adopt the NEtwork MObility (NEMO) and its
       variants to provide the mobility support. However, these solutions
       are in face of the heavy signaling cost problem. Since IoT devices
       are generally combined to realize the complex functions, these
       devices may have the similar movement behaviors. This document,
       therefore specifies a PMIPv6-based group binding update method to
       reduce the singling cost and improve the scalability for these
       devices.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-guan-dmm-gbu/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-guan-dmm-gbu-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/