Subject: I-D Action: draft-thatcher-ice-network-cost-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 14:08:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ICE Network Cost: Dynamically selecting ICE candidate pairs based on relative cost of network interfaces 
        Authors         : Peter Thatcher
                          Honghai Zhang
                          Taylor Brandstetter
	Filename        : draft-thatcher-ice-network-cost-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2016-09-19

Abstract:
   This document describes an extension to the Interactive Connectivity
   Establishment (ICE) that enables ICE agents to exchange information
   about the relative cost of network interfaces and dynamically choose
   the selected ICE candidate pair based on the cost of both the local
   and remote network interfaces.  For example, if a cellular network
   interface has a higher cost than a Wi-Fi network interface, the ICE
   agents can use that information to prefer candidate pairs with Wi-Fi
   rather than cellular when possible, and only use cellular when
   necessary.

   This document additionally describes a second piece of information,
   network ID, that goes along with the network cost and can be used to
   know when a network interface has changed, even if two network
   interfaces have the same network cost.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thatcher-ice-network-cost/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thatcher-ice-network-cost-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-thatcher-ice-network-cost-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/