Subject: I-D Action: draft-perkins-intarea-multicast-ieee802-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 06:52:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Multicast Considerations over IEEE 802 Wireless Media
        Authors         : Charles E. Perkins
                          Dorothy Stanley
                          Warren Kumari
                          Juan Carlos Zuniga
	Filename        : draft-perkins-intarea-multicast-ieee802-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2016-09-14

Abstract:
   This document describes some performance issues that have been
   observed when multicast packet transmission is attempted over IEEE
   802 wireless media.  Multicast features specified for IEEE 802
   wireless media related to multicast are also described, along with
   explanations about how these features can help ameliorate the
   observed performance issues.  IETF protocols that are likely to be
   affected by the observed performance issues are identified, and
   workarounds are proposed in some cases.  The performance of multicast
   over wireless media often can be quite different than the performance
   of unicast.  This draft describes the nature of the differences and
   the effects on representative IETF protocols.  We also describe some
   efforts that have been made by IEEE 802 Wireless groups to ameliorate
   the performance differences.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-perkins-intarea-multicast-ieee802/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-perkins-intarea-multicast-ieee802-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-perkins-intarea-multicast-ieee802-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/