Subject: I-D Action: draft-hallambaker-udf-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 14:43:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Uniform Data Fingerprint (UDF)
        Author          : Phillip Hallam-Baker
	Filename        : draft-hallambaker-udf-04.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2016-09-19

Abstract:
   This document describes means of generating Uniform Data Fingerprint
   (UDF) values and their presentation as text sequences and as URIs.

   Cryptographic digests provide a means of uniquely identifying static
   data without the need for a registration authority.  A fingerprint is
   a form of presenting a cryptographic digest that makes it suitable
   for use in applications where human readability is required.  The UDF
   fingerprint format improves over existing formats through the
   introduction of a compact algorithm identifier affording an
   intentionally limited choice of digest algorithm and the inclusion of
   an IANA registered MIME Content-Type identifier within the scope of
   the digest input to allow the use of a single fingerprint format in
   multiple application domains.

   Alternative means of rendering fingerprint values are considered
   including machine-readable codes, word and image lists.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hallambaker-udf/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hallambaker-udf-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hallambaker-udf-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/