Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2016 16:39:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 of the IETF.

        Title           : File System Extended Attributes in NFSv4
        Authors         : Manoj Naik
                          Marc Eshel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-03.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2016-09-07

Abstract:
   This document proposes an OPTIONAL feature extending the NFSv4
   protocol which allows extended attributes (hereinafter also referred
   to as xattrs) to be interrogated and manipulated using NFSv4.  An
   xattr is a file system feature that allows opaque metadata, not
   interpreted by the file system, to be associated with files and
   directories.  Such support is present in many modern local file
   systems.  New file attributes are proposed to allow clients to query
   the server for xattr support, and new operations to get and set
   xattrs on file system objects are provided.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/