Subject: I-D Action: draft-wilde-updating-rfcs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 16:25:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Updating RFCs
        Author          : Erik Wilde
	Filename        : draft-wilde-updating-rfcs-00.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2016-09-14

Abstract:
   As part of document metadata, RFCs can reference existing RFC that
   they update or obsolete.  While obsoleting is well-understood
   (replace the obsoleted RFC in its entirety), updating has more
   nuances because the updated RFC remains valid.  This document
   contains some clarifications about how to handle updating in a way
   that makes it easier for readers to understand how the original and
   the updating RFC relate.

Note to Readers

   This draft should be discussed on the wgchairs mailing list [1].

   Online access to all versions and files is available on github [2].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wilde-updating-rfcs/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wilde-updating-rfcs-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/