Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-sfc-legacy-sf-mapping-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2016 18:24:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SFC Header Mapping for Legacy SF
        Authors         : Haibin Song
                          Jianjie You
                          Lucy Yong
                          Yuanlong Jiang
                          Linda Dunbar
                          Nicolas Bouthors
                          David Dolson
	Filename        : draft-song-sfc-legacy-sf-mapping-08.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2016-09-06

Abstract:
   A Service Function Chain (SFC) defines a set of abstract Service
   Functions (SF) and ordering constraints that must be applied to
   packets and/or frames selected as a result of classification.  One
   assumption of this document is that legacy service functions can
   participate in service function chains without supporting the SFC
   header, or even being aware of it.  This document provides some of
   the mechanisms between an SFC proxy and an SFC-unaware service
   function (herein termed "legacy SF"), to identify the SFC header
   associated with a packet that is returned from a legacy SF, without
   an SFC header being explicitly carried in the wired protocol between
   SFC proxy and legacy SF.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-sfc-legacy-sf-mapping/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-sfc-legacy-sf-mapping-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-song-sfc-legacy-sf-mapping-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/