Subject: I-D Action: draft-lasserre-bgp-rr-benchmark-method-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 11:17:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP RR Benchmarking Methodology
        Authors         : Gregory Lasserre
                          James Cumming
                          Carsten Rossenhoevel
                          Guillaume Gaulon
	Filename        : draft-lasserre-bgp-rr-benchmark-method-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2016-09-19

Abstract:
   BGP is commonly used with network operators in order to distribute
   routing information for both infrastructure routes as well as service
   routing information.  BGP is used due to its ability to handle high
   amounts of prefixes and paths information coupled with administrative
   attributes, such as communities, in a reliable and scalable manner.

   A route-reflector is a key network component of BGP as it propose an
   alternative to internal border gateway protocol (iBGP) fully-meshed
   peering requirement.  By acting as a concentration point it learns,
   process, and reflect prefixes from and to all its iBGP Peers also
   referred as route-reflector clients, and is a key element of such
   networks performances.

   As today networks grow in terms of size and offered services, this
   translates into more prefixes to be handled by BGP Route-Reflectors,
   and there is a demand by service providers to be able to benchmark
   this key function in a realistic and consistent manner.

   This document covers how to provide an accurate BGP route-reflector
   benchmark.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lasserre-bgp-rr-benchmark-method/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lasserre-bgp-rr-benchmark-method-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lasserre-bgp-rr-benchmark-method-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/