Subject: I-D Action: draft-wang-bier-ethernet-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 00:32:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BIER Ethernet
        Authors         : Cui(Linda) Wang
                          Zheng(Sandy) Zhang
                          Andrew Qu
	Filename        : draft-wang-bier-ethernet-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2016-09-19

Abstract:
   Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER) [I-D.ietf-bier-architecture] is
   an architecture that provides optimal multicast forwarding through a
   "BIER domain" without requiring intermediate routers to maintain any
   multicast related per-flow state.  BIER also does not require any
   explicit tree-building protocol for its operation.  When a multicast
   data packet enters the BIER domain, the BFIR determines the BFERs to
   which the packet needs to be sent.  Then the BFIR encapsulates the
   packet in a BIER header and forwards the packet according to the
   BIFTs.  Currently, there is a BIER-MPLS solution to transmit
   multicast traffic using MPLS label indication.  Alternatively, this
   document tries to propose a solution named BIER Ethernet to support
   BIER forwarding in Ethernet network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-bier-ethernet/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-bier-ethernet-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wang-bier-ethernet-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/