Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-nvo3-ipid-pm-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 00:17:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Using IPID for Performance Monitoring in VxLAN Network
        Author          : Hao Chen
	Filename        : draft-chen-nvo3-ipid-pm-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2016-09-19

Abstract:
   IP Identification(IPID)is a field in IP header primarily used to
   uniquely identify the group of fragments of a single IP packet. The
   value of IPID field in a packet from a specific traffic flow or
   source IP address keeps increasing until wrapped-around.

   This document specifies a method by carefully examining IPID value to
   monitor the performance of VxLAN network. In this memo packet loss
   measurement is mainly considered. This method requires no extra
   hardware support, which means it is compatible with most of the
   deployed routers or switches. Such a mechanism is applicable to IPv4
   network and potential useful in overlay network with different data
   encapsulation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-nvo3-ipid-pm/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chen-nvo3-ipid-pm-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-chen-nvo3-ipid-pm-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/