Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ecrit-car-crash-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 20:21:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies of the IETF.

        Title           : Next-Generation Vehicle-Initiated Emergency Calls
        Authors         : Randall Gellens
                          Brian Rosen
                          Hannes Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ecrit-car-crash-12.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2016-09-25

Abstract:
   This document describes how to use IP-based emergency services
   mechanisms to support the next generation of emergency calls placed
   by vehicles (automatically in the event of a crash or serious
   incident, or manually invoked by a vehicle occupant) and conveying
   vehicle, sensor, and location data related to the crash or incident.
   Such calls are often referred to as "Automatic Crash Notification"
   (ACN), or "Advanced Automatic Crash Notification" (AACN), even in the
   case of manual trigger.  The "Advanced" qualifier refers to the
   ability to carry a richer set of data.

   This document also registers a MIME Content Type and Emergency Call
   Additional Data Block for the vehicle, sensor, and location data
   (often referred to as "crash data" even though there is not
   necessarily a crash).  An external specification for the data format,
   contents, and structure are referenced in this document.

   This document reuses the technical aspects of next-generation pan-
   European eCall (a mandated and standardized system for emergency
   calls by in-vehicle systems within Europe and other regions).
   However, this document specifies a different set of vehicle (crash)
   data, specifically, the Vehicle Emergency Data Set (VEDS) rather than
   the eCall Minimum Set of Data (MSD).  This document is an extension
   of the eCall document, with the primary differences being that this
   document makes the MSD data set optional and VEDS mandatory, and adds
   attribute values to the eCall metadata/control object to permit
   greater functionality.  This document registers a new INFO package
   (identical to that registered for eCall but with the addition of the
   VEDS MIME type).  This document also describes legacy (circuit-
   switched) ACN systems and their migration to next-generation
   emergency calling, to provide background information and context.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-car-crash/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-car-crash-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ecrit-car-crash-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/