Subject: I-D Action: draft-johansson-sip-he-connection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2016 12:55:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Setting up a SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) connection in a dual stack network using connection oriented transports 
        Authors         : Olle E. Johansson
                          Gonzalo Salgueiro
                          Dale R. Worley
	Filename        : draft-johansson-sip-he-connection-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2016-09-04

Abstract:
   The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) supports multiple transports
   running both over IPv4 and IPv6 protocols.  In more and more cases, a
   SIP user agent (UA) is connected to multiple network interfaces.  In
   these cases setting up a connection from a dual stack client to a
   dual stack server may suffer from the issues described in RFC 6555
   [RFC6555] - Happy Eyeballs - significant delays in the process of
   setting up a working flow to a server.  This negatively affects user
   experience.

   This document builds on RFC 6555 and explains how a RFC3261 [RFC3261]
   compliant SIP implementation can quickly set up working flows in a
   dual stack network using connection oriented transport protocols.  A
   solution for connectionless transport protocols is discussed in a
   separate document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-johansson-sip-he-connection/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-johansson-sip-he-connection-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/