Subject: I-D Action: draft-wu-pce-traffic-steering-sfc-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2016 02:29:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PCEP Extensions for Service Function Chaining (SFC)
        Authors         : Qin Wu
                          Dhruv Dhody
                          Mohamed Boucadair
                          Christian Jacquenet
                          Jeff Tantsura
	Filename        : draft-wu-pce-traffic-steering-sfc-09.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2016-09-08

Abstract:
   This document provides an overview of the usage of Path Computation
   Element (PCE) to dynamically structure service function chains.
   Service Function Chaining (SFC) is a technique that is meant to
   facilitate the dynamic enforcement of differentiated traffic
   forwarding policies within a domain.  Service function chains are
   composed of an ordered set of elementary Service Functions (such as
   firewalls, load balancers) that need to be invoked according to the
   design of a given service.  Corresponding traffic is thus forwarded
   along a Service Function Path (SFP) that can be computed by means of
   PCE.

   This document specifies extensions to the Path Computation Element
   Protocol (PCEP) that allow a stateful PCE to compute and instantiate
   Service Function Paths.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wu-pce-traffic-steering-sfc/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wu-pce-traffic-steering-sfc-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wu-pce-traffic-steering-sfc-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/