Subject: I-D Action: draft-templin-dhc-authonly-sedhcpv6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2016 15:58:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Authentication-only Mode for Secure DHCPv6
        Author          : Fred L. Templin
	Filename        : draft-templin-dhc-authonly-sedhcpv6-00.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2016-09-07

Abstract:
   Secure DHCPv6 includes mechanisms for encryption and authentication,
   where encryption is currently mandated due to concerns for pervasive
   monitoring in the Internet.  The Secure DHCPv6 specification states
   that the mechanisms are applicable in any environment where physical
   security on the link is not assured and attacks on DHCPv6 are a
   concern.  However, this document presents a reference use case where
   physical and/or link-layer security are already assured.  This
   document therefore proposes an authentication-only application of
   Secure DHCPv6 when there is already sufficent protection against
   pervasive monitoirng.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-dhc-authonly-sedhcpv6/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-templin-dhc-authonly-sedhcpv6-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/