Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-precis-7564bis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2016 15:15:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Preparation and Comparison of Internationalized Strings of the IETF.

        Title           : PRECIS Framework: Preparation, Enforcement, and Comparison of Internationalized Strings in Application Protocols
        Authors         : Peter Saint-Andre
                          Marc Blanchet
	Filename        : draft-ietf-precis-7564bis-03.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2016-09-05

Abstract:
   Application protocols using Unicode characters in protocol strings
   need to properly handle such strings in order to enforce
   internationalization rules for strings placed in various protocol
   slots (such as addresses and identifiers) and to perform valid
   comparison operations (e.g., for purposes of authentication or
   authorization).  This document defines a framework enabling
   application protocols to perform the preparation, enforcement, and
   comparison of internationalized strings ("PRECIS") in a way that
   depends on the properties of Unicode characters and thus is agile
   with respect to versions of Unicode.  As a result, this framework
   provides a more sustainable approach to the handling of
   internationalized strings than the previous framework, known as
   Stringprep (RFC 3454).  This document obsoletes RFC 7564.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-precis-7564bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-precis-7564bis-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-precis-7564bis-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/