Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-multi-cost-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 02:35:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization of the IETF.

        Title           : Multi-Cost ALTO
        Authors         : Sabine Randriamasy
                          Wendy Roome
                          Nico Schwan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-multi-cost-04.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2016-09-15

Abstract:
   The ALTO (Application Layer-Traffic Optimization) Protocol
   ([RFC7285]) defines several services that return various metrics
   describing the costs between network endpoints.  An ALTO Server may
   offer a variety of cost metrics, based on latency,bandwidth, hop
   count, jitter, or whatever else the ALTO Server deems useful.  For
   example, when downloading a file that is mirrored on several sites, a
   user application may consider more than one metric, perhaps trading
   bandwidth for latency to determine the most efficient mirror site.

   While the base ALTO Protocol allows an ALTO Client to use more than
   one cost metric, to do so, the Client must request each metric
   separately.  This document defines a new service that allows a Client
   to retrieve several cost metrics with one request, which is
   considerably more efficient.  In addition, this document extends the
   ALTO constraint tests to allow a user to specify an arbitrary logical
   combination of tests on several cost metrics.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-multi-cost/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-alto-multi-cost-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-multi-cost-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/