Subject: I-D Action: draft-moriarty-pkcs5-v2dot1-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2016 20:48:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PKCS #5: Password-Based Cryptography Specification Version 2.1
        Authors         : Kathleen M. Moriarty
                          Burt Kaliski
                          Andreas Rusch
	Filename        : draft-moriarty-pkcs5-v2dot1-04.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2016-09-06

Abstract:
   This document provides recommendations for the implementation of
   password-based cryptography, covering key derivation functions,
   encryption schemes, message-authentication schemes, and ASN.1 syntax
   identifying the techniques.

   The recommendations are intended for general application within
   computer and communications systems, and as such include a fair
   amount of flexibility. They are particularly intended for the
   protection of sensitive information such as private keys, as in PKCS
   #8. It is expected that application standards and implementation
   profiles based on these specifications may include additional
   constraints.

   Other cryptographic techniques based on passwords, such as password-
   based key entity authentication and key establishment protocols are
   outside the scope of this document.  Guidelines for the selection of
   passwords are also outside the scope.

   This document represents a republication of PKCS #5 v2.1 from RSA
   Laboratories' Public-Key Cryptography Standards (PKCS) series. By
   publishing this RFC, change control is transferred to the IETF.

   This document also obsoletes RFC 2898.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moriarty-pkcs5-v2dot1/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moriarty-pkcs5-v2dot1-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-moriarty-pkcs5-v2dot1-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/