Subject: I-D Action: draft-clw-rfc6434-bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 08:05:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 Node Requirements
        Authors         : Tim Chown
                          John Loughney
                          Tim Winters
	Filename        : draft-clw-rfc6434-bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2016-10-31

Abstract:
   This document defines requirements for IPv6 nodes.  It is expected
   that IPv6 will be deployed in a wide range of devices and situations.
   Specifying the requirements for IPv6 nodes allows IPv6 to function
   well and interoperate in a large number of situations and
   deployments.

   This document obsoletes RFC 6434, and in turn RFC 4294.

   NB.  This is a first -00 version of the update to RFC 6434.  We have
   not yet edited original text from RFC 6434 apart from the author and
   acknowledgement texts, which carry forward from the older versions.

   We have indicated intended changes (additions, updates or deletion of
   text at a high level in the sections below with text delimited by
   **BIS ... ** comments, e.g.

   **BIS Add discussion of the impact of RFC xxxx **

   **BIS Update reference of RFC 3484 and note new address selection
   implications**

   etc.  These will become edits in future versions once the substance
   of the changes is agreed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-clw-rfc6434-bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-clw-rfc6434-bis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/