Subject: I-D Action: draft-murchison-tzdist-geolocate-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 07:17:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Time Zone Data Distribution Service (TZDIST) Geolocate Extension
        Author          : Kenneth Murchison
	Filename        : draft-murchison-tzdist-geolocate-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2016-10-14

Abstract:
   This document defines an extension to the Time Zone Data Distribution
   Service (RFC 7808) to allow a client to determine the correct time
   zone for a geographic point location using a 'geo' URI (RFC 5870).

Open Issues

   o  Does the 'geo' URI value have to be percent-encoded?

   o  Should we advertise the supported coordinate reference systems
      (and if so, how?) or simply mandate crs=wgs84?

   o  Should we discuss territorial and/or international waters?

   o  What, if any, additional security and privacy concerns are
      introduced by this extension?

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-murchison-tzdist-geolocate/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-murchison-tzdist-geolocate-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/