Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-spring-mpls-anycast-segments-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 05:47:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Source Packet Routing in Networking of the IETF.

        Title           : Anycast Segments in MPLS based Segment Routing
        Authors         : Pushpasis Sarkar
                          Hannes Gredler
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Stefano Previdi
                          Bruno Decraene
                          Martin Horneffer
	Filename        : draft-ietf-spring-mpls-anycast-segments-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2016-10-11

Abstract:
   Instead of forwarding to a specific device or to all devices in a
   group, anycast addresses, let network devices forward a packet to (or
   steer it through) one or more topologically nearest devices in a
   specific group of network devices.  The use of anycast addresses has
   been extended to the Segment Routing (SR) network, wherein a group of
   SR-capable devices can represent a anycast address, by having the
   same Segment Routing Global Block (SRGB) provisioned on all the
   devices and each one of them advertising the same anycast prefix
   segment (or Anycast SID).

   This document describes a proposal for implementing anycast prefix
   segments in a MPLS-based SR network, without the need to have the
   same SRGB block (label ranges) provisioned across all the member
   devices in the group.  Each node can be provisioned with a separate
   SRGB from the label range supported by the specfic hardware platform.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-mpls-anycast-segments/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-spring-mpls-anycast-segments-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/