Subject: I-D Action: draft-shen-mpls-egress-protection-framework-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 11:02:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : MPLS Egress Protection Framework
        Authors         : Yimin Shen
                          Minto Jeyananth
                          Bruno Decraene
                          Hannes Gredler
	Filename        : draft-shen-mpls-egress-protection-framework-03.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2016-10-21

Abstract:
   This document specifies a fast reroute framework for protecting IP/
   MPLS services and MPLS transport tunnels against egress router
   failures.  In this framework, the penultimate-hop router of an MPLS
   tunnel pre-establishes a bypass tunnel to a protector.  Upon an
   egress router failure, the penultimate-hop router performs local
   failure detection and local repair, by rerouting traffic over the
   bypass tunnel.  The protector in turn performs context label
   switching or context IP forwarding to send the traffic to ultimate
   service destination(s).  This mechanism can be used to reduce traffic
   loss before global repair reacts to the failure and control plane
   protocols converge on the topology changes due to the failure.  The
   framework is applicable to all types of IP/MPLS services and MPLS
   tunnels.  Under the framework, service protocol extensions may be
   further specified to facilitate service label distribution to
   protector.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shen-mpls-egress-protection-framework/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shen-mpls-egress-protection-framework-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-shen-mpls-egress-protection-framework-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/