Subject: I-D Action: draft-bernini-nfvrg-vnf-orchestration-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2016 11:28:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : VNF Pool Orchestration For Automated Resiliency in Service Chains
        Authors         : Giacomo Bernini
                          Giada Landi
                          Diego R. Lopez
                          Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
	Filename        : draft-bernini-nfvrg-vnf-orchestration-03.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2016-10-04

Abstract:
   Network Function Virtualisation (NFV) aims at evolving the way
   network operators design, deploy and provision their networks by
   leveraging on standard IT virtualisation technologies to move and
   consolidate a wide range of network functions and services onto
   industry standard high volume servers, switches and storage.  The
   primary target for operators, stimulated by the recent updates on NFV
   and SDN, is the network edge.  In fact, operators are considering
   their future datacentres and Points of Presence (PoPs) as
   increasingly dynamic infrastructures where Virtualised Network
   Functions (VNFs) and on-demand chained services with high elasticity
   will be deployed.

   This document presents an orchestration framework for automated
   deployment of highly available VNF chains.  Resiliency of VNFs and
   chained services is a key requirement for operators to improve, ease,
   automate and speed up services lifecycle management.  The proposed
   VNFs orchestration framework is also positioned with respect to
   current NFV and Service Function Chaining (SFC) architectures and
   solutions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bernini-nfvrg-vnf-orchestration/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bernini-nfvrg-vnf-orchestration-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bernini-nfvrg-vnf-orchestration-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/