Subject: I-D Action: draft-hardie-arc-pointers-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 16:18:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Alternative Context Resolution Pointers
        Author          : Ted Hardie
	Filename        : draft-hardie-arc-pointers-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2016-10-28

Abstract:
   In RFC 2826, the IAB set out the benefits of a globally unique public
   name space.  As alternative contexts of resolution emerge, such as
   those implied by RFC 7686, maintaining a single namespace for the
   Internet requires a method to indicate the context of resolution for
   a name.  This document proposes a registry for such alternative
   resolution contexts as well as a set of pointer resource record types
   useful for allowing conformant resolvers which query for the name in
   the DNS to be redirected to the appropriate alternative resolution
   context.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hardie-arc-pointers/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hardie-arc-pointers-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/