Subject: I-D Action: draft-vandevelde-sfc-nsh-length-overload-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 01:05:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Network Services Header Context Allocation Identifier
        Authors         : Gunter Van de Velde
                          Martin Vigoureux
                          Praveen Mulay
	Filename        : draft-vandevelde-sfc-nsh-length-overload-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2016-10-17

Abstract:
   The specification of the NSH MD Type 1 header [draft-ietf-sfc-nsh]
   mandates four Context Headers, 4-byte each, and they MUST be added
   immediately following the Service Path Header.  As direct
   consequence, an NSH MD Type 1 header is always Length 0x6 (six 4-byte
   words).  As a result, the Length field of the NSH MD Type 1 header
   provides an information which is known by simply looking at the "MD
   Type" field.  However, while [draft-ietf-sfc-nsh] does not specify
   the encoding of these Context Headers, other specifications have
   started to do so.  A need to distinguish types of Context Headers
   therefore arises.

   This draft proposes to overload the Length field of an NSH MD Type 1
   as Meta-Data context allocation identifier and to create a IANA
   repository for NSH MD Type 1 allocation schemes.  The NSH MD Type 1
   Length field overload intends to allow universal understanding at any
   network location and by any network device of the context allocation
   structure.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vandevelde-sfc-nsh-length-overload/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vandevelde-sfc-nsh-length-overload-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/