Subject: I-D Action: draft-litkowski-pce-state-sync-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 09:33:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Enhancing redundant stateful PCE architecture to support LSP association constraint based computation
        Authors         : Stephane Litkowski
                          Siva Sivabalan
	Filename        : draft-litkowski-pce-state-sync-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2016-10-26

Abstract:
   [I-D.ietf-pce-stateful-pce] defines stateful extensions for Path
   Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP).  A Path
   Computation Client (PCC) can synchronize an LSP state information to
   a Path Computation Element (PCE).  [I-D.ietf-pce-stateful-pce] allows
   for PCE redundancy where a PCC can have redundant PCEP sessions
   towards multiple PCEs.  In such a case, a PCC gives control on a LSP
   to only a single PCE, and only one PCE is responsible for path
   computation for this delegated LSP.  There are some use cases where
   path computation for a particular LSP is linked to another: the most
   common use case is path disjointness.  The set of LSPs that are
   dependant to each other may start from different head-ends.  In such
   a case, we cannot guarantee that at any time all the head-ends
   (acting as PCCs) will delegate their LSP to the same PCE.  This
   scenario where a group of dependant LSPs are delegated to multiple
   PCEs is called a split-brain scenario.  This split-brain scenario may
   lead to computation loops between PCEs.  This document proposes a
   solution to enhance redundant stateful PCE architecture to overcome
   those issues.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-litkowski-pce-state-sync/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-litkowski-pce-state-sync-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/