Subject: I-D Action: draft-lapukhov-ila-deployment-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 13:59:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Deploying Identifier-Locator Addressing (ILA) in datacenter networks
        Author          : Petr Lapukhov
	Filename        : draft-lapukhov-ila-deployment-01.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2016-10-31

Abstract:
   Identifier-Locator Addressing architecture defined in
   [I-D.herbert-nvo3-ila] proposes the use of locator-identifier split
   in IPv6 address to realize workload mobility and more efficient use
   of network resources.  This document describes how ILA can be
   implemented in datacenter using BGP as the control-plane protocol.
   Generally speaking, ILA could be built using different control
   planes, and BGP is one particular instantiation.  The motivation is
   BGP being a well-known protocol, sufficient for small to medium size
   deployments, on scale of few millions of identifier to locator
   mappings.  Defining more generic and scalable control plane variants
   is outside of scope of this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lapukhov-ila-deployment/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lapukhov-ila-deployment-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lapukhov-ila-deployment-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/