Subject: I-D Action: draft-moskowitz-dots-identities-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 15:30:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Strong Identities for DOTS Agents
        Authors         : Robert Moskowitz
                          Liang Xia
                          Daniel Migault
                          Andrew Mortensen
	Filename        : draft-moskowitz-dots-identities-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2016-10-30

Abstract:
   DOTS communications are machine-to-machine oriented communications.
   In addition DOTS agents are expected to end up in a large number of
   entities.  As a result, in addition to secure, the naming scheme to
   identify all DOTS agents must be scalable.  For these reasons this
   document recommends the use of cryptographic identifiers or strong
   Identities as opposed to human readable identifiers for example.

   This document proposes two forms of strong Identities for the
   registration and operation of DOTS Agents.  One is 802.1AR LDevID
   [Std-802.1AR-2009] X.509 certificates.  The other is raw public keys
   as in HIP [RFC7401] or TLS/DTLS Raw Public Keys [RFC7250].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moskowitz-dots-identities/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moskowitz-dots-identities-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/