Subject: I-D Action: draft-lemon-stateful-dnssd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 15:36:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Stateful Multi-Link DNS Service Discovery
        Author          : Ted Lemon
	Filename        : draft-lemon-stateful-dnssd-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2016-10-31

Abstract:
   This document proposes a stateful model for automating Multi-Link DNS
   Service Discovery, as an extension to the existing solution, which
   relies entirely on multicast DNS for discovering services, and does
   not formally maintain DNS zone state.  When fully deployed this will
   confer several advantages: the ability to do DNS zone transfers,
   integrating with existing DNS infrastructure; the elimination of the
   need for regular multicast queries; and the ability for services to
   securely register and defend their names, preventing malicious
   spoofing of services on the network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lemon-stateful-dnssd/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lemon-stateful-dnssd-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/