Subject: I-D Action: draft-izh-ccamp-flexe-fwk-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 16:54:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : GMPLS Routing and Signaling Framework for Flexible Ethernet (FlexE)        
        Authors         : Iftekhar Hussain
                          Radha Valiveti
                          Khuzema Pithewan
                          Qilei Wang
                          Loa Andersson
                          Fatai Zhang
                          Mach Chen
                          Jie Dong
                          Zongpeng Du
                          Zheng Haomian
                          Xian Zhang
                          James Huang
                          Qiwen Zhong 
	Filename        : draft-izh-ccamp-flexe-fwk-00.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2016-10-20

Abstract:
   Traditionally, Ethernet MAC rates were constrained to match the rates
   of the Ethernet PHY(s).  OIF's implementation agreement [OIFMLG3] was
   the first step in allowing MAC rates to be different than the PHY
   rates.  OIF has recently approved another implementation agreement
   [OIFFLEXE1] which allows complete decoupling of the MAC data rates
   and the Ethernet PHY(s) that support them.  This includes support for
   (a) MAC rates which are greater than the rate of a single PHY
   (satisfied by bonding of multiple PHY(s)), (b) MAC rates which are
   less than the rate of a PHY (sub-rate), (c) support of multiple FlexE
   client signals carried over a single PHY, or over a collection of
   bonded PHY(s).  The FlexE SHIM functions which bond multipe Ethernet
   PHY(s) to form a large "pipe" view the connectivity between two FlexE
   aware devices as a collection of multiple point-to-point links (one
   link per Ethernet PHY).  These logical point-to-point links can
   either be direct links (without an intervening transport network), or
   realized via a Optical transport network.  This draft catalogs the
   usecases that capture the FlexE deployment scenarios -- including the
   cases that include/exclude OTNs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-izh-ccamp-flexe-fwk/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-izh-ccamp-flexe-fwk-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/