Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 10:12:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Payloads of the IETF.

        Title           : RTP Payload Format for Flexible Forward Error Correction (FEC)
        Authors         : Varun Singh
                          Ali Begen
                          Mo Zanaty
                          Giridhar Mandyam
	Filename        : draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme-03.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2016-10-31

Abstract:
   This document defines new RTP payload formats for the Forward Error
   Correction (FEC) packets that are generated by the non-interleaved
   and interleaved parity codes from a source media encapsulated in RTP.
   These parity codes are systematic codes, where a number of repair
   symbols are generated from a set of source symbols.  These repair
   symbols are sent in a repair flow separate from the source flow that
   carries the source symbols.  The non-interleaved and interleaved
   parity codes which are defined in this specification offer a good
   protection against random and bursty packet losses, respectively, at
   a cost of decent complexity.  Moreover, alternate FEC codes may be
   used with the payload formats presented.  The RTP payload formats
   that are defined in this document address the scalability issues
   experienced with the earlier specifications including RFC 2733, RFC
   5109 and SMPTE 2022-1, and offer several improvements.  Due to these
   changes, the new payload formats are not backward compatible with the
   earlier specifications, but endpoints that do not implement the
   scheme can still work by simply ignoring the FEC packets.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/