Subject: I-D Action: draft-tsvwg-le-phb-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 04:58:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Lower Effort Per-Hop Behavior (LE PHB)
        Author          : Roland Bless
	Filename        : draft-tsvwg-le-phb-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2016-10-21

Abstract:
   This document specifies properties and characteristics of a Lower
   Effort (LE) per-hop behavior (PHB).  The primary objective of this LE
   PHB is to protect best-effort (BE) traffic (packets forwarded with
   the default PHB) from LE traffic in congestion situations, i.e., when
   resources become scarce, best-effort traffic has precedence over LE
   traffic and may preempt it.  There are numerous uses for this PHB,
   e.g., for background traffic of low precedence, such as bulk data
   transfers with low priority in time, non time-critical backups,
   larger software updates, web search engines while gathering
   information from web servers and so on.  This document recommends a
   standard DSCP value for the LE PHB.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tsvwg-le-phb/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tsvwg-le-phb-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/