Subject: I-D Action: draft-wkumari-dnsop-hammer-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 12:22:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Highly Automated Method for Maintaining Expiring Records
        Authors         : Warren Kumari
                          Roy Arends
                          Suzanne Woolf
                          Daniel Migault
	Filename        : draft-wkumari-dnsop-hammer-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2016-10-30

Abstract:
   This document describes a simple DNS cache optimization which keeps
   the most popular records in the DNS cache: Highly Automated Method
   for Maintaining Expiring Records (HAMMER).  The principle is that
   records in the cache are fetched, that is to say resolved before
   their TTL expires and the record is flushed from the cache.  By
   fetching Records before they are being queried by an end user, HAMMER
   is expected to improve the quality of experience of the end users as
   well as to optimize the resources involved in large DNSSEC resolving
   platforms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wkumari-dnsop-hammer/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wkumari-dnsop-hammer-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wkumari-dnsop-hammer-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/