Subject: I-D Action: draft-mackie-bess-nsh-bgp-control-plane-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 12:25:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP Control Plane for NSH SFC
        Authors         : Adrian Farrel
                          John Drake
                          Eric Rosen
                          Jim Uttaro
                          Luay Jalil
	Filename        : draft-mackie-bess-nsh-bgp-control-plane-00.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2016-10-14

Abstract:
   This document describes the use of BGP as a control plane for
   networks that support Service Function Chaining (SFC).  The document
   introduces a new BGP address family called the SFC AFI/SAFI with two
   route types.  One route type is originated by a node to advertise
   that it hosts a particular instance of a specified service function.
   This route type also provides "instructions" on how to send a packet
   to the hosting node in a way that indicates that the service function
   has to be applied to the packet.  The other route type is used by a
   Controller to advertise "chains" of service functions, and to give a
   unique designator to each such chain so that they can be used in
   conjunction with the Network Service Header.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mackie-bess-nsh-bgp-control-plane/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mackie-bess-nsh-bgp-control-plane-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/