Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 16:43:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities for IP Network Infrastructure of the IETF.

        Title           : Recommendations on Filtering of IPv6 Packets Containing IPv6 Extension Headers
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Will(Shucheng) Liu
                          Ronald P. Bonica
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-02.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2016-10-31

Abstract:
   It is common operator practice to mitigate security risks by
   enforcing appropriate packet filtering.  This document analyzes both
   the general security implications of IPv6 Extension Headers and the
   specific security implications of each Extension Header and Option
   type.  Additionally, it discusses the operational and
   interoperability implications of discarding packets based on the IPv6
   Extension Headers and IPv6 options they contain.  Finally, it
   provides advice on the filtering of such IPv6 packets at transit
   routers, for those cases in which such filtering is deemed as
   necessary.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/