Subject: I-D Action: draft-worley-alert-info-fsm-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 13:57:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Simpler Method for Processing Alert-Info URNs
        Author          : Dale R. Worley
	Filename        : draft-worley-alert-info-fsm-04.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2016-10-17

Abstract:
   The "alert" namespace of uniform resource names (URNs) can be used in
   the Alert-Info header field of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
   requests and responses to inform a VoIP telephone (user agent) of the
   characteristics of the call that the user agent has originated or
   terminated.  Based on the URNs in the Alert-Info header field, the
   user agent must select an the best available signal to present to its
   user to indicate the characteristics of the call.  This document
   describes a method by which a user agent's designer can, based on the
   user agent's signals and their meanings, constructing a finite state
   machine (FSM) to process the URNs to select a signal in a way that
   obeys the restrictions given in the definition of the "alert" URN
   namespace.  In many situations, the resulting FSM is simpler and
   faster than the previously described selection algorithm.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-worley-alert-info-fsm/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-worley-alert-info-fsm-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-worley-alert-info-fsm-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/