Subject: I-D Action: draft-dong-network-slicing-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 01:23:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Problem Statement of Network Slicing in IP/MPLS Networks
        Authors         : Jie Dong
                          Stewart Bryant
	Filename        : draft-dong-network-slicing-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2016-10-31

Abstract:
   The research and standardization of IMT-2020 (a.k.a. 5G) are in
   progress in several industry communities and standard organizations.
   The goal of 5G is to integrate various services, each of which has a
   set of unique requirements, into a single network, such that each
   service has a customized network suited to its needs.  The concept
   "Network Slicing" is widely discussed and considered as the key
   mechanism to meet the diverse service requirements concurrently with
   the same physical network infrastructure.  This document provides an
   overview of the concept "network slicing" in the current IMT-2020
   (a.k.a. 5G) related works, and discusses the corresponding
   requirements on IP/MPLS network, which will be used as the mobile
   transport network for 5G.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dong-network-slicing-problem-statement/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dong-network-slicing-problem-statement-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/