Subject: I-D Action: draft-maglione-sfc-nsh-radius-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 06:58:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : RADIUS Attributes for NSH
        Authors         : Roberta Maglione
                          Guillermo Trueba
                          Carlos Pignataro
	Filename        : draft-maglione-sfc-nsh-radius-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2016-10-31

Abstract:
   Network Service Header (NSH) protocol defines the Service Function
   Chaining (SFC) encapsulation required to support the Service Function
   Chaining (SFC) Architecture.  One of the components of the Network
   Service Header (NSH) protocol is the Service Path Identifier (SPI),
   which identifies a service path, another important element of the NSH
   protocol is the Service Index (SI), which provides location within
   the Service Path.

   When Service Providers would like to deliver customized services
   offers requiring Service Functions Chains, a different service chain
   may be required for each subscriber or group of subscribers.  In
   order to simplify the service provisioning in this scenario, it would
   be useful to be able to associate the Service Path Identifier (SPI),
   identifying the service chain, and the appropriate Service Index
   (SI), identifying the location in the service path, with the customer
   profile.

   In some Broadband networks, the customer profile information may be
   stored in Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA)
   servers.  This document specifies two new Remote Authentication Dial-
   In User Service (RADIUS) attributes to carry the Service Path
   Identifier (SPI) and the Service Index (SI).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-maglione-sfc-nsh-radius/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-maglione-sfc-nsh-radius-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-maglione-sfc-nsh-radius-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/