Subject: I-D Action: draft-fujiwara-dnsop-resolver-update-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 15:16:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Updating Resolver Algorithm
        Author          : Kazunori Fujiwara
	Filename        : draft-fujiwara-dnsop-resolver-update-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2016-10-31

Abstract:
   Parent side NS RRSet and glue records are all information to access
   servers for child zone.  However, they may be overwritten by child
   zone data (zone apex NS RRSet and other A/AAAA RRSets).  The
   overwrite makes name resolution unstable and induces vulnerabilities.
   RFC 2181 section 5.4.1 specifies trustworthiness of DNS data.  And it
   is deemed that that all cached data (authoritative data, non-
   authoritative data, referrals and glue records) are merged into one.
   Resolvers may answer non-authoritative data, referrals and glue
   records that should not be returned.  This document proposes updating
   resolver algorithm that separates the cache to "authoritative data
   cache" and "delegation cache".  The former is used to answer stub
   resolvers, and the latter is used to iterate zones.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fujiwara-dnsop-resolver-update/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fujiwara-dnsop-resolver-update-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/