Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-relay-server-security-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 06:53:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration of the IETF.

        Title           : Security of Messages Exchanged Between Servers and Relay Agents
        Authors         : Bernie Volz
                          Yogendra Pal
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-relay-server-security-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2016-10-17

Abstract:
   The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv4 (DHCPv4) has no
   guidance for how to secure messages exchanged between servers and
   relay agents.  The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6
   (DHCPv6) states that IPsec should be used to secure messages
   exchanged between servers and relay agents, but does not recommend
   encryption.  And, with recent concerns about pervasive monitoring it
   is appropriate to provide recommendations for DHCPv4 and also improve
   the recommendations for DHCPv6.  This document updates RFC1542 and
   RFC3315.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-relay-server-security/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-relay-server-security-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-relay-server-security-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/