Subject: I-D Action: draft-lapukhov-bgp-ecmp-considerations-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 13:53:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Equal-Cost Multipath Considerations for BGP
        Author          : Petr Lapukhov
	Filename        : draft-lapukhov-bgp-ecmp-considerations-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2016-10-31

Abstract:
   BGP routing protocol defined in ([RFC4271]) employs tie-breaking
   logic to elect single best path among multiple possible.  At the same
   time, it has been common in virtually all BGP implementations to
   allow for "equal-cost multipath" (ECMP) election and programming of
   multiple next-hops in routing tables.  This documents summarizes some
   common considerations for the ECMP logic, with the intent of
   providing common reference on otherwise unstandardized feature.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lapukhov-bgp-ecmp-considerations/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lapukhov-bgp-ecmp-considerations-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/