Subject: I-D Action: draft-kim-mptcp-semptcp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 09:58:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Efficient Design for Secure Multipath TCP against Eavesdropper in Initial Handshake
        Author          : Dongyong Kim
	Filename        : draft-kim-mptcp-semptcp-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2016-10-24

Abstract:
   Multipath TCP has become the transmission technique of choice for the
   multi-homed environment.  Recently, there have been multiple attempts
   to verify the security of Multipath TCP; but an eavesdropper in the
   initial handshake breaches the primary security goal of Multipath
   TCP.  In this paper, we introduce a secure scheme against an initial
   eavesdropper, using asymmetric key exchange.

   We optimize the public parameters to overcome two challenges to the
   use of asymmetric cryptography.  Then we show that compared to
   previously proposed methods, our scheme has low overhead, and is more
   secure.  Our approach applies to many weak authentication-based
   protocols that seek to use asymmetric cryptography.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kim-mptcp-semptcp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kim-mptcp-semptcp-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/