Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-stir-passport-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 11:05:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited of the IETF.

        Title           : Personal Assertion Token (PASSporT)
        Authors         : Chris Wendt
                          Jon Peterson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-stir-passport-10.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2016-10-31

Abstract:
   This document defines a method for creating and validating a token
   that cryptographically verifies an originating identity, or more
   generally a URI or telephone number representing the originator of
   personal communications.  The PASSporT token is cryptographically
   signed to protect the integrity of the identity the originator and to
   verify the assertion of the identity information at the destination.
   The cryptographic signature is defined with the intention that it can
   confidently verify the originating persona even when the signature is
   sent to the destination party over an insecure channel.  PASSporT is
   particularly useful for many personal communications applications
   over IP networks and other multi-hop interconnection scenarios where
   the originating and destination parties may not have a direct trusted
   relationship.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stir-passport/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-stir-passport-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-stir-passport-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/