Subject: I-D Action: draft-dickinson-dnsop-dns-capture-format-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 11:09:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : C-DNS: A DNS Packet Capture Format
        Authors         : John Dickinson
                          Jim Hague
                          Sara Dickinson
                          Terry Manderson
                          John Bond
	Filename        : draft-dickinson-dnsop-dns-capture-format-00.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2016-10-31

Abstract:
   This document describes a data representation for collections of DNS
   messages.  The format is designed for efficient storage of large
   packet captures of DNS traffic; it attempts to minimize the size of
   such packet capture files but retain the full DNS message contents
   along with the most useful transport meta data.  It is intended to
   assist with the development of DNS traffic monitoring applications
   and provide a more efficient data exchange format than alternatives
   such as PCAP files.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dickinson-dnsop-dns-capture-format/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dickinson-dnsop-dns-capture-format-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/