Subject: I-D Action: draft-schaad-sacm-architecture-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 16:15:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Prospective Architecture for SACM
        Authors         : Jim Schaad
                          David Waltermire
	Filename        : draft-schaad-sacm-architecture-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2016-10-31

Abstract:
   This document describes the high level architecture for Security
   Automation and Continuous Monitoring (SACM).  The architecture
   identifies the components that provide for the collection, storage,
   dissemination, and evaluation of posture information.  This
   architecture also describes the interfaces and associated operations
   that define the interactions between these components.  This
   information will inform future engineering work around identifying
   existing standards for collecting, storing, disseminating, and
   evaluating endpoint posture information.  This architecture will also
   help in identifying standardization gaps that require new engineering
   effort.

   Security practitioners need to request, analyze, and aggregate
   posture information from disparate sources that use differing means
   to identify endpoints, hardware, software, and configurations.  This
   task is made harder by the large number of different protocols and
   formats needed to bring together all of this information into a
   single view.  This architecture provides a means to automatically
   gather posture data together for standardized dissemination to
   downstream components.  This allows security practitioners that
   leverage this architecture to focus on managing security problems,
   not data.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schaad-sacm-architecture/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schaad-sacm-architecture-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/