Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-spring-lsp-ping-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 09:16:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching of the IETF.

        Title           : Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping/Trace for Segment Routing Networks Using MPLS Dataplane
        Authors         : Nagendra Kumar
                          George Swallow
                          Carlos Pignataro
                          Nobo Akiya
                          Sriganesh Kini
                          Hannes Gredler
                          Mach(Guoyi) Chen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-spring-lsp-ping-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2016-10-31

Abstract:
   Segment Routing architecture leverages the source routing and
   tunneling paradigms and can be directly applied to MPLS data plane.
   A node steers a packet through a controlled set of instructions
   called segments, by prepending the packet with a Segment Routing
   header.

   The segment assignment and forwarding semantic nature of Segment
   Routing raises additional consideration for connectivity verification
   and fault isolation in LSP with Segment Routing architecture.  This
   document illustrates the problem and describe a mechanism to perform
   LSP Ping and Traceroute on Segment Routing network over MPLS data
   plane.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-spring-lsp-ping/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-spring-lsp-ping-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-spring-lsp-ping-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/