Subject: I-D Action: draft-lear-network-helps-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 07:39:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Time To End The War on Network Protection
        Author          : Eliot Lear
	Filename        : draft-lear-network-helps-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2016-10-29

Abstract:
   Since the Edward Snowden's release of secret information, some in the
   IETF have taken an approach that the network is such a useful tool
   that it is also an enemy.  With several high visibility attacks that
   have been based on low end systems (Things), it is now clear that not
   only is the network not the enemy.  When the network has at least
   some information about a device, we get a second chance to limit
   attacks against the device and, in some cases, a third chance to
   limit attacks from the device.  This memo discusses ways in which
   network protection assists in protection of devices, and some caveats
   around that protection, and suggests considerations implementers and
   protocol developers should consider as connectivity continues to
   expand to new applications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lear-network-helps/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lear-network-helps-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/