Subject: I-D Action: draft-somaraju-ace-multicast-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 13:39:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Security for Low-Latency Group Communication
        Authors         : Abhinav Somaraju
                          Sandeep S. Kumar
                          Hannes Tschofenig 
                          Walter Werner
	Filename        : draft-somaraju-ace-multicast-02.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2016-10-31

Abstract:
   Some Internet of Things application domains require secure group
   communication.  This draft describes procedures for authorization,
   key management, and securing group messages.  We specify the usage of
   object security at the application layer for group communication and
   assume that CoAP is used as the application layer protocol.  The
   architecture allows the usage of symmetric and asymmetric keys to
   secure the group messages.  The asymmetric key solution provides the
   ability to uniquely authenticate the source of all group messages and
   this is the recommended architecture for most applications.  However,
   some applications have strict requirements on latency for group
   communication (e.g. in non-emergency lighting applications) and it
   may not always be feasible to use the secure source authenticated
   architecture.  In such applications we recommend the use of
   dynamically generated symmetric group keys to secure group
   communications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-somaraju-ace-multicast/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-somaraju-ace-multicast-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-somaraju-ace-multicast-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/