Subject: I-D Action: draft-gomez-lpwan-fragmentation-header-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 02:26:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : LPWAN Fragmentation Header 
        Authors         : Carles Gomez
                          Josep Paradells
                          Jon Crowcroft
	Filename        : draft-gomez-lpwan-fragmentation-header-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2016-10-23

Abstract:
   LPWAN technologies are characterized by a very limited data unit and/
   or payload size, often one order of magnitude below the one in IEEE
   802.15.4.  However, many such technologies do not support layer 2
   fragmentation.  The 6LoWPAN fragmentation header defined in RFC 4944
   represents very high overhead for LPWAN technologies, and it even
   does not support transporting IPv6 datagrams that require
   fragmentation over layer 2 technologies of a maximum payload size
   below 13 bytes.  This specification defines an optimized
   fragmentation header for LPWAN.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gomez-lpwan-fragmentation-header/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gomez-lpwan-fragmentation-header-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gomez-lpwan-fragmentation-header-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/