Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-intarea-broadcast-consider-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 06:04:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Area Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Privacy considerations for IP broadcast and multicast protocol designers
        Authors         : Rolf Winter
                          Michael Faath
                          Fabian Weisshaar
	Filename        : draft-ietf-intarea-broadcast-consider-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2016-10-31

Abstract:
   A number of application-layer protocols make use of IP broadcasts or
   multicast messages for functions such as local service discovery or
   name resolution.  Some of these functions can only be implemented
   efficiently using such mechanisms.  When using broadcasts or
   multicast messages, a passive observer in the same broadcast domain
   can trivially record these messages and analyze their content.
   Therefore, broadcast/multicast protocol designers need to take
   special care when designing their protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-intarea-broadcast-consider/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-intarea-broadcast-consider-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/