Subject: I-D Action: draft-kien-mptcp-init-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 22:40:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : An Improvement of MPTCP Initialization
        Authors         : Kien Nguyen
                          Kentaro Ishizu
                          Mirza Golam Kibria
                          Fumihide Kojima
	Filename        : draft-kien-mptcp-init-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2016-10-30

Abstract:
   This draft describes a new method of connection initialization for
   Multipath TCP (MPTCP).  In the current implementation, the MPTCP's
   first subflow needs to be successfully initialized before an
   additional flow takes its turn.  This yields to a degradation of
   MPTCP benefit in many use cases (e.g., transferring short flows).  To
   overcome the problem, we propose to duplicate the first SYN packet
   and send the duplicating ones via multiple interfaces.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kien-mptcp-init/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kien-mptcp-init-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/