Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-ccamp-transport-yang-gap-analysis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 19:13:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : YANG Models for the Northbound Interface of a Transport Network Controller: Requirements and Gap Analysis
        Authors         : Xian Zhang
                          Anurag Sharma
                          Sergio Belotti
                          Tara Cummings
	Filename        : draft-zhang-ccamp-transport-yang-gap-analysis-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2016-10-30

Abstract:
   A transport network is a lower-layer network designed to provide
   connectivity services for a higher-layer network to carry the traffic
   opaquely across the lower-layer network resources.  A transport
   network may be constructed from equipment utilizing any of a number
   of different transport technologies such as the optical transport
   infrastructure (Synchronous Optical Networking (SONET) / Synchronous
   Digital Hierarchy (SDH) and Optical Transport Network (OTN)) or
   packet transport as epitomized by the MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-
   TP).

   All transport networks have high benchmarks for reliability and
   operational simplicity.  This suggests a common, technology-
   independent management/control paradigm that can be extended to
   represent and configure specific technology attributes.

   This document describes the high-level requirements facing transport
   networks in order to provide open interfaces for resource
   programmability and control/management automation.  Furtheremore, gap
   analysis against existing models are also provided so that it can
   used as the guidance to separate efforts/drafts proposing new models
   or augmentation models based on existing models.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-ccamp-transport-yang-gap-analysis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-ccamp-transport-yang-gap-analysis-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zhang-ccamp-transport-yang-gap-analysis-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/