Subject: I-D Action: draft-farrell-lpwan-lora-overview-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 03:57:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : LoRaWAN Overview
        Authors         : Stephen Farrell
                          Alper Yegin
	Filename        : draft-farrell-lpwan-lora-overview-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2016-10-27

Abstract:
   Low Power Wide Area Networks (LPWAN) are wireless technologies
   covering different Internet of Things (IoT) applications.  The common
   characteristics for LPWANs are large coverage, low bandwidth, small
   packet and application layer data sizes and long battery life
   operation.  One of these technologies is LoRaWAN developed by the
   LoRa Alliance.  LoRaWAN targets key requirements of the Internet of
   things such as secure bi-directional communication, mobility and
   localization services.  This memo is an informational overview of
   LoRaWAN and gives the principal characteristics of this technology in
   order to help with the IETF work for providing IPv6 connectivity over
   LoRaWAN along with other LPWANs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farrell-lpwan-lora-overview/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-farrell-lpwan-lora-overview-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/