Subject: I-D Action: draft-dunbar-opsawg-private-networks-over-thin-cpe-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 13:50:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Client Defined Private Networks laid over Thin CPEs
        Authors         : Linda Dunbar
                          Lucy Yong
	Filename        : draft-dunbar-opsawg-private-networks-over-thin-cpe-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2016-10-31

Abstract:
   This document specifies a type of private networks that
   interconnect thin CPEs at multiple client sites by IP tunnels, or
   more specifically, lay over multiple client sites' Thin CPEs via IP
   tunnels. Those private overlay networks not only interconnect those
   sites by secure IP tunnels but can also enforce the client specified
   policies to govern how applications or hosts within those sites
   communicate and how to access public internet.

   Hosts or applications in those sites can be interconnected by Layer
   2 networks or/and by Layer 3 networks. The network that the IP
   tunnels are traversing can be IPv4 or IPv6 networks. This document
   describes the special properties of the client defined networks over
   Thin CPEs.

   A separate draft will describes the special features that those IP
   tunnels need to have in order to interconnect multiple sites as if
   those sites are directly connected by wires and how communication
   policies are enforced.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dunbar-opsawg-private-networks-over-thin-cpe/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dunbar-opsawg-private-networks-over-thin-cpe-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/