Subject: I-D Action: draft-abad-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 15:30:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Software-Defined Networking (SDN)-based IPsec Flow Protection
        Authors         : Rafa Marin-Lopez
                          Gabriel Lopez-Millan
                          Sowmini Varadhan
	Filename        : draft-abad-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection-01.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2016-10-30

Abstract:
   This document describes the use case of providing IPsec-based flow
   protection by means of a Software-Defined Network (SDN) controller
   and raises the requirements to support this service.  It considers
   two main scenarios: (i) gateway-to-gateway and (ii) host-to-gateway
   (Road Warrior).  For the gateway-to-gateway scenario, this document
   describes a mechanism to support the distribution of IPsec
   information to flow-based Network Security Functions (NSFs) that
   implements IPsec to protect data traffic.  between network resources
   to protect data traffic with IPsec and IKE, in intra and inter-SDN
   cases.  The host-to-gateway case defines a mechanism to distribute
   IPsec information to the NSF to protect data with IPsec between an
   end user's device (host) and a gateway.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-abad-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-abad-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-abad-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/