Subject: I-D Action: draft-mattsson-core-coap-actuators-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2016 11:59:48 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Controlling Actuators with CoAP
        Authors         : John Mattsson
                          John Fornehed
                          Goran Selander
                          Francesca Palombini
	Filename        : draft-mattsson-core-coap-actuators-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2016-11-27

Abstract:
   Being able to trust information from sensors and to securely control
   actuators is essential in a world of connected and networking things
   interacting with the physical world.  In this memo we show that just
   using COAP with a security protocol like DTLS, TLS, or OSCOAP is not
   enough.  We describe several serious attacks any on-path attacker can
   do, and discusses tougher requirements and mechanisms to mitigate the
   attacks.  While this document is focused on actuators, one of the
   attacks applies equally well to sensors using DTLS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mattsson-core-coap-actuators/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mattsson-core-coap-actuators-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mattsson-core-coap-actuators-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/