Subject: I-D Action: draft-ymbk-idr-bgp-open-policy-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 21:32:27 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Route Leak Detection and Filtering using Roles in Update and Open messages
        Authors         : Alexander Azimov
                          Eugene Bogomazov
                          Randy Bush
                          Keyur Patel
                          Kotikalapudi Sriram
	Filename        : draft-ymbk-idr-bgp-open-policy-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2016-11-13

Abstract:
   Route Leaks are the propagation of BGP prefixes which violate
   assumptions of BGP topology relationships; e.g. passing a route
   learned from one peer to another peer or to a transit provider,
   passing a route learned from one transit provider to another transit
   provider or to a peer.  Today, approaches to leak prevention rely on
   marking routes according to operator configuration options without
   any check that the configuration corresponds to that of the BGP
   neighbor, or enforcement that the two BGP speakers agree on the
   relationship.  This document enhances BGP Open to establish agreement
   of the (peer, customer, provider, internal) relationship of two
   neighboring BGP speakers to enforce appropriate configuration on both
   sides.  Propagated routes are then marked with a eOTC and iOTC
   attributes according to agreed relationship allowing prevention and
   detection of route leaks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ymbk-idr-bgp-open-policy/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ymbk-idr-bgp-open-policy-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ymbk-idr-bgp-open-policy-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/