Subject: I-D Action: draft-murchison-webdav-prefer-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 08:34:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Use of the Prefer Header Field in Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) 
        Author          : Kenneth Murchison
	Filename        : draft-murchison-webdav-prefer-10.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2016-11-16

Abstract:
   This specification defines how the HTTP Prefer header field can be
   used by a WebDAV client to request that certain behaviors be employed
   by a server while constructing a response to a request.

Editorial Note (To be removed by RFC Editor before publication)

   Please send comments to the Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning
   (WebDAV) mailing list at <mailto:[email-masked]> [1], which may
   be joined by sending a message with subject "subscribe" to
   <mailto:[email-masked]> [2].  This mailing list is
   archived at <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/> [3].

Open Issues

   o  Should the list of updated RFCs (other than RFC 7240) in the title
      page header only contain those whose method responses have been
      altered by this document?  Or should all potentially effected
      methods/protocols be listed?

   o  Should we add any text regarding caching responses in Section 3?

   o  Should we update the HTTP Status Code Registry to add a reference
      to Section 3.2 for 412 (Precondition Failed)?

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-murchison-webdav-prefer/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-murchison-webdav-prefer-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-murchison-webdav-prefer-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/