Subject: I-D Action: draft-wkumari-dnsop-ttl-stretching-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 20:55:08 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Stretching DNS TTLs
        Author          : Warren Kumari
	Filename        : draft-wkumari-dnsop-ttl-stretching-00.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2016-11-13

Abstract:
   The TTL of a DNS Resource Record expresses how long a record may be
   cached before it should be discarded.  This document discusses the
   possibility of "stretching TTLS" (using them past their expiration)
   if they cannot be refreshed.  This works on the assumption that stale
   data may be better than no data.

   PLEASE NOTE: This document is a strawman to drive discussion.  It may
   or may not be a good idea; this document documents the idea so that
   there is something concrete to throw tomatoes at.

   [ Ed note: Text inside square brackets ([]) is additional background
   information, answers to frequently asked questions, general musings,
   etc.  They will be removed before publication.  This document is
   being collaborated on in Github at: https://github.com/wkumari/draft-
   wkumari-dnsop-ttl-stretching.  The most recent version of the
   document, open issues, etc should all be available here.  The authors
   (gratefully) accept pull requests ]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wkumari-dnsop-ttl-stretching/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wkumari-dnsop-ttl-stretching-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/