Subject: I-D Action: draft-saldana-lisp-compress-mux-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 00:13:32 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Header compression and multiplexing in LISP
        Authors         : Jose Saldana
                          Julian Fernandez Navajas
                          Jose Ruiz Mas
	Filename        : draft-saldana-lisp-compress-mux-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2016-11-14

Abstract:
   When small payloads are transmitted through a packet-switched
   network, the resulting overhead may result significant.  This is
   stressed in the case of LISP, where a number of headers have to be
   added to each packet.

   This document proposes to send together, into a single packet, a
   number of small packets, which are in the buffer of a ITR, having the
   same ETR as destination.  This way, they will share a single LISP
   header, and therefore bandwidth savings can be obtained, and a
   reduction in the overall number of packets sent to the network can be
   achieved.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-saldana-lisp-compress-mux/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-saldana-lisp-compress-mux-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-saldana-lisp-compress-mux-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/