Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 02:26:41 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Area Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Remote-LFA Node Protection and Manageability
        Authors         : Pushpasis Sarkar
                          Shraddha Hegde
                          Chris Bowers
                          Hannes Gredler
                          Stephane Litkowski
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection-08.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2016-11-17

Abstract:
   The loop-free alternates computed following the current Remote-LFA
   specification guarantees only link-protection.  The resulting Remote-
   LFA nexthops (also called PQ-nodes), may not guarantee node-
   protection for all destinations being protected by it.

   This document describes an extension to the Remote Loop-Free based IP
   fast reroute mechanisms described in [RFC7490], that describes
   procedures for determining if a given PQ-node provides node-
   protection for a specific destination or not.  The document also
   shows how the same procedure can be utilised for collection of
   complete characteristics for alternate paths.  Knowledge about the
   characteristics of all alternate path is precursory to apply operator
   defined policy for eliminating paths not fitting constraints.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtgwg-rlfa-node-protection-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/