Subject: I-D Action: draft-teague-dots-protocol-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 22:36:06 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DDoS Open Threat Signaling Protocol
        Authors         : Nik Teague
                          Andrew Mortensen
	Filename        : draft-teague-dots-protocol-01.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2016-11-16

Abstract:
   This document describes Distributed-Denial-of-Service (DDoS) Open
   Threat Signaling (DOTS), a protocol for requesting and managing
   mitigation of DDoS attacks.

   DOTS mitigation requests over the signal channel permit domains to
   signal the need for help fending off DDoS attacks, setting the scope
   and duration of the requested mitigation.  Elements called DOTS
   servers field the signals for help, and enable defensive
   countermeasures to defend against the attack reported by the clients,
   reporting the status of the delegated defense to the requesting
   clients.  DOTS clients additionally may use the data channel to
   manage filters and black- and white-lists to restrict or allow
   traffic to the clients' domains arbitrarily.

   The DOTS signal channel may operate over UDP [RFC0768] and if
   necessary TCP [RFC0793].  This revision discusses a transport-
   agnostic approach to this channel, focusing on the message exchanges
   and delegating transport specifics to other documents.  The DOTS data
   channel operates over HTTPS or a transport with similar reliability,
   interaction and security characteristics.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-teague-dots-protocol/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-teague-dots-protocol-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-teague-dots-protocol-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/