Subject: I-D Action: draft-stenn-ntp-extension-fields-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 13:54:32 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Network Time Protocol Version 4 (NTPv4) Extension Fields 
        Authors         : Tal Mizrahi
                          Danny Mayer
                          Harlan Stenn
	Filename        : draft-stenn-ntp-extension-fields-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2016-11-13

Abstract:
   Network Time Protocol version 4 (NTPv4) defines the optional usage of
   extension fields.  An extension field, as defined in RFC 5905
   [RFC5905], resides after the end of the NTP header, and supplies
   optional capabilities or information that is not conveyed in the
   standard NTP header.  This document updates RFC 5905 [RFC5905] by
   clarifying some points regarding NTP extension fields and their usage
   with legacy Message Authentication Codes (MACs).

   With the adoption of this update, the authors recommend rescinding
   [Err3627].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-stenn-ntp-extension-fields/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-stenn-ntp-extension-fields-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/