Subject: I-D Action: draft-nir-cfrg-rfc7539bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 23:08:53 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ChaCha20 and Poly1305 for IETF Protocols
        Authors         : Yoav Nir
                          Adam Langley
	Filename        : draft-nir-cfrg-rfc7539bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 45
	Date            : 2016-11-15

Abstract:
   This document defines the ChaCha20 stream cipher as well as the use
   of the Poly1305 authenticator, both as stand-alone algorithms and as
   a "combined mode", or Authenticated Encryption with Associated Data
   (AEAD) algorithm.

   RFC 7539, The predecessor of this document, did not introduce any new
   crypto, but was meant to serve as a stable reference and an
   implementation guide.  It was a product of the Crypto Forum Research
   Group (CFRG).  This document merges the errata filed against RFC 7539
   and adds a little text to the Security Considerations section.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nir-cfrg-rfc7539bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nir-cfrg-rfc7539bis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/