Subject: I-D Action: draft-ravi-icnrg-ccn-forwarding-label-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 11:58:24 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Forwarding-Label support in CCN Protocol
        Authors         : Ravishankar Ravindran
                          Asit Chakraborti
                          Aytac Azgin
	Filename        : draft-ravi-icnrg-ccn-forwarding-label-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2016-11-16

Abstract:
   The objective of this proposal is to enable ID and Locator namespace
   split in the CCN protocol that has several applications such as
   towards Interest routing optimization, mobility, handling
   indirections in manifests, and routing scalability.  We enable this
   through the notion of forwarding-label (FL) object, which is an
   optional hop-by-hop payload in the Interest message with a locator
   name which identifies a network domain, router, or a host.  Depending
   on the application and trust context, an FL object can be subjected
   to policy based actions by the forwarders such as invoking security
   verification or enabling other service-centric actions such as FL
   object replacement.  FL object can be inserted by the applications or
   by the network.  To enable dynamic name resolution FL objects can
   also be modified in the network by designated points such as the edge
   routers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ravi-icnrg-ccn-forwarding-label/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ravi-icnrg-ccn-forwarding-label-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/