Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-rtcp-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 09:59:09 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Sip Traversal Required for Applications to Work of the IETF.

        Title           : Guidelines to support RTCP end-to-end in Back-to-Back User Agents (B2BUAs)
        Authors         : Lorenzo Miniero
                          Sergio Garcia Murillo
                          Victor Pascual
	Filename        : draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-rtcp-16.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2016-12-16

Abstract:
   SIP Back-to-Back User Agents (B2BUAs) are often designed to also be
   on the media path, rather than just intercepting signalling.  This
   means that B2BUAs often implement an RTP/RTCP stack as well, thus
   leading to separate multimedia sessions that the B2BUA correlates and
   bridges together.  If not disciplined, though, this behaviour can
   severely impact the communication experience, especially when
   statistics and feedback information contained in RTCP messages get
   lost because of mismatches in the reported data.

   This document defines the proper behaviour B2BUAs should follow when
   also acting on the signalling/media plane in order to preserve the
   end-to-end functionality of RTCP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-rtcp/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-rtcp-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-straw-b2bua-rtcp-16

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/