Subject: I-D Action: draft-worley-sip-he-connection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 14:47:25 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Happy EarBalls: Success with Dual-Stack, Connection-Oriented SIP
        Authors         : Olle E. Johansson
                          Gonzalo Salgueiro
                          Dale R. Worley
	Filename        : draft-worley-sip-he-connection-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2016-12-12

Abstract:
   The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) supports multiple transports
   running both over IPv4 and IPv6 protocols.  In more and more cases, a
   SIP user agent (UA) is connected to multiple network interfaces.  In
   these cases setting up a connection from a dual stack client to a
   dual stack server may suffer from the issues described in RFC 6555
   [RFC6555] ("Happy Eyeballs") - significant delays in the process of
   setting up a working flow to a server.  This negatively affects user
   experience.

   This document builds on RFC 6555 and explains how a [RFC3261]
   compliant SIP implementation can minimize delays when contacting a
   host name (obtained by using DNS NAPTR and SRV lookups) in a dual
   stack network using connection-oriented transport protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-worley-sip-he-connection/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-worley-sip-he-connection-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/