Subject: I-D Action: draft-nygren-tls-client-puzzles-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2016 09:53:36 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TLS Client Puzzles Extension
        Authors         : Erik Nygren
                          Samuel Erb
                          Alex Biryukov
                          Dmitry Khovratovich
                          Ari Juels
	Filename        : draft-nygren-tls-client-puzzles-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2016-12-25

Abstract:
   Client puzzles allow a TLS server to defend itself against asymmetric
   DDoS attacks.  In particular, it allows a server to request clients
   perform a selected amount of computation prior to the server
   performing expensive cryptographic operations.  This allows servers
   to employ a layered defense that represents an improvement over pure
   rate-limiting strategies.

   Client puzzles are implemented as an extension to TLS 1.3
   [I-D.ietf-tls-tls13] wherein a server can issue a HelloRetryRequest
   containing the puzzle as an extension.  The client must then resend
   its ClientHello with the puzzle results in the extension.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nygren-tls-client-puzzles/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nygren-tls-client-puzzles-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-nygren-tls-client-puzzles-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/