Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhengjp-sipcore-sipim-ext-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 23:47:44 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : An Extension for SIP Instant Message Using Publish/Subscribe Mode
        Authors         : Jianping Zheng
                          Yichuan Wu
                          Weimin Lei
                          Wei Zhang
                          Hao Li
	Filename        : draft-zhengjp-sipcore-sipim-ext-00.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2016-12-23

Abstract:
   SIMPLE (SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions)
   is a protocol suite for instant messaging (IM) service, but it is
   inefficient in processing instant message in session mode due to its
   complex signaling processes and heavy header overheads, which makes
   it difficult to meet the QoE (quality of experience) requirement,
   especially in the usage scenario of mobile Internet and other traffic
   sensitive networks.

   This document describes an alternative Session Initiation Protocol
   (SIP) extension for instant messaging service. The extension uses the
   publish-subscribe mode to simplify signaling procedures and
   introduces message user agent (MUA) to publish and receive message,
   and message broker (MB) as an intermediary to exchange messages
   between MUAs. Message is tagged with a topic, and the lightweight
   message format is more suitable for traffic sensitive networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhengjp-sipcore-sipim-ext/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhengjp-sipcore-sipim-ext-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/