Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-roll-mpl-forw-select-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 06:09:04 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks of the IETF.

        Title           : MPL Forwarder Select (MPLFS)
        Authors         : Peter van der Stok
                          Abdur Rashid Sangi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-mpl-forw-select-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2016-12-07

Abstract:
   This document describes a Forwarder Selection (MPLFS) protocol for
   the Multicast Protocol for Low-Power and lossy Networks (MPL) to
   reduce the density of forwarders such that the number of forwarded
   messages is reduced.

   The protocol uses Trickle to distribute link-local information about
   the identity of the neighbours of the nodes that have MPL-enabled
   interfaces.  In the end-state all nodes are connected to a minimum
   number, N_DUPLICATE, of forwarders, where N_DUPLICATE is application
   dependent, and there is a path between any two forwarders.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-mpl-forw-select/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-roll-mpl-forw-select-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/