Subject: I-D Action: draft-krishnan-opsawg-in-band-pro-sla-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 04:42:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : In-band Telemetry for a Proactive SLA Monitoring Framework
        Author          : Ram (Ramki) Krishnan
	Filename        : draft-krishnan-opsawg-in-band-pro-sla-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2016-12-23

Abstract:
   The goal of in-band telemetry is to drive per packet, per hop real-
   time monitoring for the infrastructure towards achieving a
   programmable proactive SLA monitoring framework. Some of the key
   aspects from a switch/NIC perspective are - ingress/egress timestamp
   (latency), queue depth, bandwidth etc. Some of the key aspects from
   a server perspective are - cache/memory statistics etc. This
   document summarizes the current work in the industry in this area
   and identifies key requirements for a comprehensive solution.
   Towards addressing the requirements, this document describes uses
   cases and defines reusable monitoring packet formats across all
   layers in the OAM hierarchy.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-krishnan-opsawg-in-band-pro-sla/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-krishnan-opsawg-in-band-pro-sla-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/