Subject: I-D Action: draft-peterlau-manet-topology-refresh-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2017 09:20:43 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Topology Refresh Protocol (TRP)
        Author          : Peter S. Lau
	Filename        : draft-peterlau-manet-topology-refresh-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2017-01-03

Abstract:
   The topology refresh protocol is intended for use in mobile social
   networks where user nodes announce their presence when they move into
   contact with the network, see all existing users, know when old users
   have left the network and new ones join the network, and communicate
   with each other over optimal paths established on the fly.  TRP is a
   very lightweight protocol but does require user nodes periodically
   broadcast their ids along with some personal information to the
   network.  These broadcasts serve the dual purpose of announcing
   users' presence in the social network and establishing a complete
   topology of end-to-end optimal paths.  Individual user controls her
   "radius of users" based on the number of hops and physical distance
   between her and the others.  User nodes independently choose their
   ids and dynamically resolve any duplicated ones.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-peterlau-manet-topology-refresh/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-peterlau-manet-topology-refresh-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/