Subject: I-D Action: draft-kanugovi-intarea-mams-protocol-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 08:19:45 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Multiple Access Management Services
        Authors         : Satish Kanugovi
                          Subramanian Vasudevan
                          Florin Baboescu
                          Jing Zhu
                          Shuping Peng
	Filename        : draft-kanugovi-intarea-mams-protocol-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2017-01-20

Abstract:
   A communication network includes an access network segment that
   delivers data to/from the users and an associated core network
   segment providing connectivity with the application servers.
   Multiconnectivity scenarios are common where an end-user device can
   simultaneously connect to multiple communication networks based on
   different technology implementations and network architectures like
   WiFi, LTE, DSL.  A smart selection and combination of access and core
   network paths that can dynamically adapt to changing network
   conditions can improve quality of experience for a user in such a
   Multiconnectivity scenario and improve overall network utilization
   and efficiency.  This document presents the problem statement and
   proposes solution principles.  It specifies the requirements and
   reference architecture for a multi-access management services
   framework that can be used to flexibly select the best combination of
   access and core network paths for uplink and downlink, as well as the
   flexible usage of uplink and downlink, ensuring better network
   efficiency and enhanced application performance.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kanugovi-intarea-mams-protocol/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kanugovi-intarea-mams-protocol-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kanugovi-intarea-mams-protocol-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/