Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pals-endpoint-fast-protection-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2017 11:52:14 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled Services of the IETF.

        Title           : PW Endpoint Fast Failure Protection
        Authors         : Yimin Shen
                          Rahul Aggarwal
                          Wim Henderickx
                          Yuanlong Jiang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pals-endpoint-fast-protection-05.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2017-01-03

Abstract:
   This document specifies a fast mechanism for protecting pseudowires
   (PWs) transported by IP/MPLS tunnels against egress endpoint
   failures, including egress AC (attachment circuit) failure, egress PE
   (provider edge) failure, multi-segment PW terminating PE failure, and
   multi-segment PW switching PE failure.  Operating on the basis of
   multi-homed CE (customer edge), redundant PWs, upstream label
   assignment and context specific label switching, the mechanism
   enables local repair to be performed by the router upstream adjacent
   to a failure.  The router can restore a PW in the order of tens of
   milliseconds, by rerouting traffic around the failure to a protector
   through a pre-established bypass tunnel.  Therefore, the mechanism
   can be used to reduce traffic loss before global repair reacts to the
   failure and the network converges on the topology changes due to the
   failure.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-endpoint-fast-protection/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pals-endpoint-fast-protection-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pals-endpoint-fast-protection-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/