Subject: I-D Action: draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 16:44:04 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TCP Control Block Interdependence
        Authors         : Joe Touch
                          Michael Welzl
                          Safiqul Islam
                          Jianjie You
	Filename        : draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis-02.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2017-01-12

Abstract:
   This memo describes interdependent TCP control blocks, where part of
   the TCP state is shared among similar concurrent or consecutive
   connections. TCP state includes a combination of parameters, such as
   connection state, current round-trip time estimates, congestion
   control information, and process information. Most of this state is
   maintained on a per-connection basis in the TCP Control Block (TCB),
   but implementations can (and do) share certain TCB information
   across connections to the same host. Such sharing is intended to
   improve overall transient transport performance, while maintaining
   backward-compatibility with existing implementations. The sharing
   described herein is limited to only the TCB initialization and so
   has no effect on the long-term behavior of TCP after a connection
   has been established.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/