Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-isis-sl-overheads-reduction-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2017 01:39:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Overheads Reduction for IS-IS Enabled Spine-Leaf Networks
        Authors         : Zhe Chen
                          Xiaohu Xu
	Filename        : draft-chen-isis-sl-overheads-reduction-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2017-01-06

Abstract:
   When a Spine-Leaf topology adopts the Intermediate System to
   Intermediate System (IS-IS) routing protocol, the Leaf node receives
   Link State Packets (LSPs) from all the other nodes thus having the
   entire routing information of the topology.  This is usually
   considered unnecessary and costly.  This document describes a
   solution to this problem by assigning different area identifiers
   (AIDs) to the Leaf nodes.  The solution requires that an IS-IS router
   SHOULD check a Level-1 LSP's AIDs before it advertises the LSP to its
   neighbor.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-isis-sl-overheads-reduction/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chen-isis-sl-overheads-reduction-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/