Subject: I-D Action: draft-abilash-quic-network-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2017 16:17:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Network Enhancements for QUIC
        Authors         : Abilash Menon
                          Ritesh Mukherjee
	Filename        : draft-abilash-quic-network-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2017-01-04

Abstract:
   QUIC aims to improve performance by multiplexing streams and various
   other enhancements [I-D.ietf-quic-transport].  QUIC performs better
   than existing transport protocols in most cases.  However, its
   performance suffers compared to HTTP under very high bandwidth when
   large amounts of data needs to be downloaded [MEG2016].  This is
   because QUIC is an end to end protocol and provides no means for the
   intermediate network elements to contribute to QUIC improvements.
   This draft proposes a change to the QUIC protocol header that will
   allow session aware routers and other middleboxes to prioritize
   streams in QUIC packets, divert high priority streams to low loss
   paths, and adjust packet pacing on a per stream basis.  This opens
   the door to many possible future in-network enhancements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-abilash-quic-network/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-abilash-quic-network-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/