Subject: I-D Action: draft-przygienda-rift-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 16:33:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : RIFT: Routing in Fat Trees
        Authors         : Tony Przygienda
                          John Drake
                          Alia Atlas
	Filename        : draft-przygienda-rift-01.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2017-01-24

Abstract:
   This document outlines a specialized, dynamic routing protocol for
   Clos and fat-tree network topologies.  The protocol (1) deals with
   automatic construction of fat-tree topologies based on detection of
   links, (2) minimizes the amount of routing state held at each level,
   (3) automatically prunes the topology distribution exchanges to a
   sufficient subset of links, (4) supports automatic disaggregation of
   prefixes on link and node failures to prevent blackholing and
   suboptimal routing, (5) allows traffic steering and re-routing
   policies and ultimately (6) provides mechanisms to synchronize a
   limited key-value data-store that can be used after protocol
   convergence to e.g.  bootstrap higher levels of functionality on
   nodes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-przygienda-rift/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-przygienda-rift-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-przygienda-rift-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/