Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-aggressiveuse-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 02:06:53 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations of the IETF.

        Title           : Aggressive use of DNSSEC-validated Cache
        Authors         : Kazunori Fujiwara
                          Akira Kato
                          Warren Kumari
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-aggressiveuse-08.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2017-01-12

Abstract:
   The DNS relies upon caching to scale; however, the cache lookup
   generally requires an exact match.  This document specifies the use
   of NSEC/NSEC3 resource records to allow DNSSEC validating resolvers
   to generate negative answers within a range, and positive answers
   from wildcards.  This increases performance / decreases latency,
   decreases resource utilization on both authoritative and recursive
   servers, and also increases privacy.  It may also help increase
   resilience to certain DoS attacks in some circumstances.

   This document updates RFC4035 by allowing validating resolvers to
   generate negative answers based upon NSEC/NSEC3 records (and positive
   answers in the presence of wildcards).

   [ Ed note: Text inside square brackets ([]) is additional background
   information, answers to frequently asked questions, general musings,
   etc.  They will be removed before publication.This document is being
   collaborated on in Github at: https://github.com/wkumari/draft-ietf-
   dnsop-nsec-aggressiveuse.  The most recent version of the document,
   open issues, etc should all be available here.  The authors
   (gratefully) accept pull requests.]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-aggressiveuse/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-aggressiveuse-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-nsec-aggressiveuse-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/