Subject: I-D Action: draft-thubert-6lo-forwarding-fragments-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 01:11:50 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : LLN Fragment Forwarding and Recovery
        Authors         : Pascal Thubert
                          Jonathan W. Hui
	Filename        : draft-thubert-6lo-forwarding-fragments-04.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2017-01-10

Abstract:
   In order to be routed, a fragmented 6LoWPAN packet must be
   reassembled at every hop of a multihop link where lower layer
   fragmentation occurs.  Considering that the IPv6 minimum MTU is 1280
   bytes and that an an 802.15.4 frame can have a payload limited to 74
   bytes in the worst case, a packet might end up fragmented into as
   many as 18 fragments at the 6LoWPAN shim layer.  If a single one of
   those fragments is lost in transmission, all fragments must be
   resent, further contributing to the congestion that might have caused
   the initial packet loss.  This draft introduces a simple protocol to
   forward and recover individual fragments that might be lost over
   multiple hops between 6LoWPAN endpoints.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thubert-6lo-forwarding-fragments/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thubert-6lo-forwarding-fragments-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-thubert-6lo-forwarding-fragments-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/