Subject: I-D Action: draft-freytag-lager-variant-rules-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 14:07:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Variant Rules
        Author          : Asmus Freytag
	Filename        : draft-freytag-lager-variant-rules-03.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2017-01-23

Abstract:
   This document gives guidance on designing well-behaved Label
   Generation Rulesets (LGRs) that support variant labels.  Typical
   examples of labels and LGRs are IDNs and zone registration policies
   defining permissible IDN labels.  Variant labels are labels that are
   either visually or semantically indistinguishable from an applied for
   label and are typically delegated together with the applied-for
   label, or permanently reserved.  While RFC7940 defines the
   syntactical requirements for specifying the label generation rules
   for variant labels, additional considerations apply that ensure that
   the label generation rules are consistent and well-behaved in the
   presence of variants.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-freytag-lager-variant-rules/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-freytag-lager-variant-rules-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-freytag-lager-variant-rules-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/