Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-quic-transport-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 10:31:32 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the QUIC of the IETF.

        Title           : QUIC: A UDP-Based Multiplexed and Secure Transport
        Authors         : Jana Iyengar
                          Martin Thomson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-quic-transport-01.txt
	Pages           : 47
	Date            : 2017-01-14

Abstract:
   QUIC is a multiplexed and secure transport protocol that runs on top
   of UDP.  QUIC builds on past transport experience, and implements
   mechanisms that make it useful as a modern general-purpose transport
   protocol.  Using UDP as the basis of QUIC is intended to address
   compatibility issues with legacy clients and middleboxes.  QUIC
   authenticates all of its headers, preventing third parties from
   changing them.  QUIC encrypts most of its headers, thereby limiting
   protocol evolution to QUIC endpoints only.  Therefore, middleboxes,
   in large part, are not required to be updated as new protocol
   versions are deployed.  This document describes the core QUIC
   protocol, including the conceptual design, wire format, and
   mechanisms of the QUIC protocol for connection establishment, stream
   multiplexing, stream and connection-level flow control, and data
   reliability.  Accompanying documents describe QUIC's loss recovery
   and congestion control, and the use of TLS 1.3 for key negotiation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-quic-transport/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-quic-transport-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-quic-transport-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/