Subject: I-D Action: draft-leiwm-tsvwg-mpts-ar-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 04:06:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Framework of Multipath Transport System Based on Application-Level Relay (MPTS-AR)
        Authors         : Weimin Lei
                          Wei Zhang
                          Shaowei Liu
	Filename        : draft-leiwm-tsvwg-mpts-ar-07.txt
	Pages           : 55
	Date            : 2017-01-24

Abstract:
   Multipath transport is an important way to improve the efficiency of
   data delivery. This document defines a multipath transport system
   framework in which application-level relays are deployed to provide
   the conditions to enable multiple paths between source and
   destination. In the proposed framework, endpoints are allowed to use
   multiple paths, including the default IP path and relay paths, to
   transport data in a single session. A relay path may via one or more
   application-level relays which provide application-level relay
   services for endpoints. This framework defines three kinds of logical
   entities including user agent, relay server and relay controller.
   Relay server provides relay service for user agents based on a local
   path-table. Relay controller manages relay servers and relay paths.
   User agent maintains multiple end-to-end paths which include a
   default path and multiple relay paths. The framework also defines a
   relay service control protocol named OpenPath protocol in control
   plane to manage relay servers and relay paths, and a profile of
   multipath transport protocol suite in data plane to facilitate
   multipath data transport. The multipath transport system framework
   can support various applications including applications requiring
   timely delivery of real-time data such as streaming media, and
   applications requiring ordered reliable delivery of stream of data
   such as file transfer.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-leiwm-tsvwg-mpts-ar/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-leiwm-tsvwg-mpts-ar-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-leiwm-tsvwg-mpts-ar-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/