Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall-27.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 16:49:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies of the IETF.

        Title           : Next-Generation Pan-European eCall
        Authors         : Randall Gellens
                          Hannes Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall-27.txt
	Pages           : 46
	Date            : 2017-02-14

Abstract:
   This document describes how to use IP-based emergency services
   mechanisms to support the next generation of the pan European in-
   vehicle emergency call service defined under the eSafety initiative
   of the European Commission (generally referred to as "eCall"). eCall
   is a standardized and mandated system for a special form of emergency
   calls placed by vehicles, providing real-time communications and an
   integrated set of related data.

   This document also registers MIME media types and an Emergency Call
   Additional Data Block for the eCall vehicle data and metadata/control
   data, and an INFO package to enable carrying this data in SIP INFO
   requests.

   Although this specification is designed to meet the requirements of
   European next-generation eCall, it is specified generically such that
   the technology can be re-used or extended to suit requirements across
   jurisdictions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall-27

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall-27

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/