Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-alt-tld-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 12:28:19 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations of the IETF.

        Title           : The ALT Special Use Top Level Domain
        Authors         : Warren Kumari
                          Andrew Sullivan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-alt-tld-07.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2017-02-01

Abstract:
   This document reserves a string (ALT) to be used as a TLD label in
   non-DNS contexts, or for names that have no meaning in a global
   context.  It also provides advice and guidance to developers
   developing alternate namespaces.

   [Ed note: Text inside square brackets ([]) is additional background
   information, answers to frequently asked questions, general musings,
   etc.  They will be removed before publication.This document is being
   collaborated on in Github at: https://github.com/wkumari/draft-
   wkumari-dnsop-alt-tld.  The most recent version of the document, open
   issues, etc should all be available here.  The authors (gratefully)
   accept pull requests.  NOTE: This document is currently a parked WG
   document -- as such, all changes are being handled in GitHub and a
   new version will be posted once unparked.

   It had been suggested (off-list) that the draft should contain <TBD>
   instead of .ALT, and then make the WG choose a string before
   publication.  A version of the draft like this was published on
   GitHub (https://github.com/wkumari/draft-wkumari-dnsop-alt-tld/
   tree/7988fcf06100f7a17f21e6993b781690b5774472) (and generated no
   feedback).  This version reverts to .ALT -- the chairs stated that
   the document was adopted with the string .alt, it has been discussed
   as .alt.  IMO, it is more readable as .alt; it would also be a
   difficult consensus call, boiling down to beauty contests.  If the WG
   selects a different string ("not-dns" had been suggested in the
   past), the editors will, of course, replace it. ]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-alt-tld/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-alt-tld-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-alt-tld-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/