Subject: I-D Action: draft-ali-ipv6rtr-reqs-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 08:19:06 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Requirements for IPv6 Routers
        Authors         : Zaid Ali Kahn, Editor
                          John Brzozowski, Editor
                          Russ White, Editor
	Filename        : draft-ali-ipv6rtr-reqs-02.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2017-02-18

Abstract:
   The Internet is not one network, but rather a collection of networks.
   The interconnected nature of these networks, and the nature of the
   interconneted systems that make up these networks, is often more
   fragile than it appears.  Perhaps "robust but fragile" is an
   overstatement, but the actions of each vendor, implementor, and
   operator in such an interconneted environment can have a major impact
   on the stability of the overall Internet (as a system).  The
   widespread adoption of IPv6 could, particularly, disrupt network
   operations, in a way that impacts the entire system.

   This time of transition is an opportune time to take stock of lessons
   learned through the operation of large scale networks on IPv4, and
   consider how to apply these lessons to IPv6.  This document provides
   an overview of the design and architectural decisions that attend
   IPv6 deployment, and a set of IPv6 requirements for routers,
   switches, and middleboxes deployed in IPv6 networks.  The hope of the
   editors and contributors is to provide the neccessary background to
   guide equipment manufacturers, protocol implemenetors, and network
   operators in effective IPv6 deployment.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ali-ipv6rtr-reqs/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ali-ipv6rtr-reqs-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ali-ipv6rtr-reqs-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/