Subject: I-D Action: draft-kumar-sfc-nsh-udp-transport-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 16:13:04 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : UDP Transport for Network Service Header
        Authors         : Surendra Kumar
                          Larry Kreeger
                          Sumandra Majee
                          Walter Haeffner
                          Rajeev Manur
                          David Melman
	Filename        : draft-kumar-sfc-nsh-udp-transport-03.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2017-02-22

Abstract:
   This draft describes the transport encapsulation to carry Network
   Service Header (NSH) over UDP transport protocol.  This enables
   applications and services using NSH to communicate over a simple
   layer-3 network without topological constraints.  It brings down the
   barrier to deploy NSH by not requiring additional overhead as is
   typical of overlay encapsulation mechanisms designed on top of UDP.

   As a first benefit, this method eases the deployment of Service
   Function Chaining (SFC) by allowing SFC components to utilize the
   basic UDP/IP stack available in virtually all network elements and
   end systems to setup the virtual network and realize Service Function
   Chains (SFCs).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kumar-sfc-nsh-udp-transport/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kumar-sfc-nsh-udp-transport-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kumar-sfc-nsh-udp-transport-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/