Subject: I-D Action: draft-chowbat-irl-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 08:22:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Internet Research Labs
        Authors         : Harish Chowdhary
                          Mohit Batra
                          Nalini Elkins
	Filename        : draft-chowbat-irl-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2017-02-15

Abstract:
   Many people learn technical concepts best in a hands-on environment,
   and Internet protocols and standards are no exception. Internet
   Research Labs (IRL) will facilitate a platform and encourage the
   technical community (seasoned professionals and newcomers alike) to
   discuss, collaborate, design and develop utilities, ideas, sample
   code and solutions that show practical implementations (Proof of
   Concept) of existing IETF standards. These labs may also be used by
   the IETF Mentoring Program and/or EDU teams for hands-on training to
   mentees or newcomers. This base draft intends to provide a high-level
   overview of the concept of Internet Research Labs in terms of
   objectives, requirements, challenges and deliverables without going
   into details of a specific lab, technology or an IETF Working Group
   (WG). After this draft matures and gains traction within the IETF
   community, we foresee more and more Internet drafts for the specific
   labs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chowbat-irl/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chowbat-irl-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/