Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-alternativebackoff-ecn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 09:43:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions of the IETF.

        Title           : TCP Alternative Backoff with ECN (ABE)
        Authors         : Naeem Khademi
                          Michael Welzl
                          Grenville Armitage
                          Godred Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-alternativebackoff-ecn-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2017-02-02

Abstract:
   This memo updates the TCP sender-side reaction to a congestion
   notification received via Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN).
   The updated method reduces FlightSize in Congestion Avoidance by a
   smaller amount than the TCP reaction to loss.  The intention is to
   achieve good throughput when the queue at the bottleneck is smaller
   than the bandwidth-delay-product of the connection.  This is more
   likely when an Active Queue Management (AQM) mechanism has used ECN
   to CE-mark a packet, than when a packet was lost.  Future versions of
   this document will also describe a corresponding method for SCTP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-alternativebackoff-ecn/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-alternativebackoff-ecn-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/