Subject: I-D Action: draft-vanrein-6bed4-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 23:41:32 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : 6bed4: Peer-to-Peer IPv6 on Any Internetwork
        Author          : Rick van Rein
	Filename        : draft-vanrein-6bed4-03.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2017-02-26

Abstract:
   The purpose of 6bed4 is to support IPv6-only applications, even on
   IPv4-only networks.  A specific and new [RFC7059] area of concern is
   that of peer-to-peer protocols such as SIP or file sharing during a
   chat session.  Applications for such protocols are designed to run in
   arbitrary environments, which means that they can neither rely on
   native IPv6 for themselves, nor for their peers.  The 6bed4 tunnel
   mechanism ensures that IPv6 can be assumed on all peers.  This has a
   positive impact on the ability to initiate direct exchanges between
   such peers.

   The 6bed4 mechanism is meant as a fallback mechanism for IPv6
   connectivity on networks that do not support it natively, by running
   a tunnel over UDP and IPv4.  The IPv4 address is used to support
   traceability of the traffic originator, which means that no user
   account or other configuration is needed.

   The tunnel mechanism encapsulates IPv6 in UDP/IPv4 and builds on the
   existing IPv6 discovery mechanisms of Stateless Address
   Autoconfiguration [RFC4862] to setup an IPv6 address on a 6bed4 Peer,
   and of Neighbor Discovery [RFC4861] to verify if a direct route to a
   remote 6bed4 Peer is achievable.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vanrein-6bed4/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vanrein-6bed4-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-vanrein-6bed4-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/