Subject: I-D Action: draft-schwartz-dns-sni-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 07:46:24 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A DNS Resource Record for TLS Server Name Indication (DNS SNI)
        Author          : Benjamin M. Schwartz
	Filename        : draft-schwartz-dns-sni-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2017-02-07

Abstract:
   The SNI record type allows a domain owner to specify the "server
   name" to indicate in TLS connections, if it is different from the
   domain name.  This allows domains that use shared hosting and
   wildcard or multi-domain (UCC) certificates to change the only domain
   name shown in cleartext, to prevent a passive adversary from
   identifying exactly which domain a user is accessing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schwartz-dns-sni/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schwartz-dns-sni-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/