Subject: I-D Action: draft-izh-ccamp-flexe-fwk-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 21:57:50 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : GMPLS Routing and Signaling Framework for Flexible Ethernet (FlexE)
        Authors         : Iftekhar Hussain
                          Radha Valiveti
                          Qilei Wang
                          Loa Andersson
                          Mach Chen
                          Haomian Zheng
	Filename        : draft-izh-ccamp-flexe-fwk-01.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2017-02-14

Abstract:
   Traditionally, Ethernet MAC rates were constrained to match the rates
   of the Ethernet PHY(s).  OIF's implementation agreement [OIFMLG3] was
   the first step in allowing MAC rates to be different than the PHY
   rates.  OIF has recently approved another implementation agreement
   [OIFFLEXE1]  which allows complete decoupling of the MAC data rates
   and the Ethernet PHY(s) that support them.  This includes support for
   (a) MAC rates which are greater than the rate of a single PHY
   (satisfied by bonding of multiple PHY(s)), (b) MAC rates which are
   less than the rate of a PHY (sub-rate), (c) support of multiple FlexE
   client signals carried over a single PHY, or over a collection of
   bonded PHY(s).  The FlexE Shim functions which bond multipe Ethernet
   PHY(s) to realize a large "pipe" view of the connectivity between two
   FlexE aware devices as a collection of multiple point-to-point links
   (one link per Ethernet PHY).  These logical point-to-point links can
   either be direct links (without an intervening transport network), or
   realized via an Optical transport network.  This document describes
   usecases that reflect FlexE deployment scenarios and specifies the
   technical requirements for extensions to GMPLS control plane
   protocols to support these scenarios.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-izh-ccamp-flexe-fwk/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-izh-ccamp-flexe-fwk-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-izh-ccamp-flexe-fwk-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/