Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 03:23:53 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing of the IETF.

        Title           : Dissemination of Flow Specification Rules
        Authors         : Susan Hares
                          Robert Raszuk
                          Danny McPherson
                          Christoph Loibl
                          Martin Bacher
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2017-02-22

Abstract:
   This document updates RFC5575 which defines a Border Gateway Protocol
   Network Layer Reachability Information (BGP NLRI) encoding format
   that can be used to distribute traffic flow specifications.  This
   allows the routing system to propagate information regarding more
   specific components of the traffic aggregate defined by an IP
   destination prefix.  This draft specifies IPv4 traffic flow
   specifications via a BGP NLRI which carries traffic flow
   specification filter, and an Extended community value which encodes
   actions a routing system can take if the packet matches the traffic
   flow filters.  The flow filters and the actions are processed in a
   fixed order.  Other drafts specify IPv6, MPLS addresses, L2VPN
   addresses, and NV03 encapsulation of IP addresses.

   This document updates RFC5575 to correct unclear specifications in
   the flow filters and to provide rules for actions which interfere
   (e.g. redirection of traffic and flow filtering).

   Applications which use the bgp flow specification are: 1) application
   which automate of inter-domain coordination of traffic filtering,
   such as what is required in order to mitigate (distributed) denial-
   of-service attacks; 2) application which control traffic filtering in
   the context of a BGP/MPLS VPN service, and 3) applications with
   centralized control of traffic in a SDN or NFV context.  Some of
   deployments of these three applications can be handled by the strict
   ordering of the BGP NLRI traffic flow filters, and the strict actions
   encoded in the Extended Community Flow Specification actions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/