Subject: I-D Action: draft-worley-alert-info-fsm-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 11:20:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Simpler Method for Processing Alert-Info URNs
        Author          : Dale R. Worley
	Filename        : draft-worley-alert-info-fsm-06.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2017-02-20

Abstract:
   The "alert" namespace of uniform resource names (URNs) can be used in
   the Alert-Info header field of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
   requests and responses to inform a VoIP telephone (user agent) of the
   characteristics of the call that the user agent has originated or
   terminated.  Based on the URNs in the Alert-Info header field, the
   user agent must select the best available signal to present to its
   user to indicate the characteristics of the call.  This document
   describes a method by which a user agent's designer can, based on the
   user agent's signals and their meanings, construct a finite state
   machine (FSM) to process the URNs to select a signal in a way that
   obeys the restrictions given in the definition of the "alert" URN
   namespace.  In many situations, the resulting FSM is simpler and
   faster than the selection algorithm described in [RFC7462].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-worley-alert-info-fsm/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-worley-alert-info-fsm-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-worley-alert-info-fsm-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/