Subject: I-D Action: draft-pauly-taps-guidelines-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 16:05:58 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Software Guidelines for Protocol Evolution
        Author          : Tommy Pauly
	Filename        : draft-pauly-taps-guidelines-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2017-02-07

Abstract:
   This document outlines a set of recommendations and guidelines for
   how networking software should be designed to enable the development,
   testing, and deployment of new protocols and protocol features.  The
   focus is primarily on the API contract that a client-side networking
   library should present to applications using networking features, and
   how that library can be architected to maximize flexibility and
   longevity.

   Specific areas of protocol development that should be enabled
   include:

   o  Making security and privacy easy to use

   o  Reducing latency with 0-RTT protocols

   o  Allowing wider use of multi-stream protocols

   o  Providing a simple interface for multi-path protocols

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pauly-taps-guidelines/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pauly-taps-guidelines-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/