Subject: I-D Action: draft-qasem-roll-rpl-load-balancing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 04:42:42 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Load Balancing Objective Function in RPL
        Authors         : Mamoun Qasem
                          Ahmed Al-Dubai
                          Imed Romdhani
                          Baraq Ghaleb
	Filename        : draft-qasem-roll-rpl-load-balancing-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2017-02-06

Abstract:
   This document proposes an extended Objective Function(OF) that
   balances the number of children nodes of the parent nodes to avoid
   the overloading problem and ensure node lifetime maximization in the
   IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks (RPL). The
   standard OFs are used to build a Destination Oriented Directed
   Acyclic Graph (DODAG) where the bottleneck nodes may suffer from
   unbalanced traffic load. As a result, a part of the network may be
   disconnected as the energy of the overloaded preferred parent node
   will drain much faster than other candidate parents. Thus, a new RPL
   metric has been introduced to balance the traffic load over the
   network.  The potential extra overhead has been mitigated using a new
   utilization technique. Finally, the proposed OF amends the DODAG
   Information Object (DIO) message format.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-qasem-roll-rpl-load-balancing/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-qasem-roll-rpl-load-balancing-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/