Subject: I-D Action: draft-roca-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 00:22:00 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Random Linear Codes (RLC) Forward Error Correction (FEC) Scheme for FECFRAME
        Author          : Vincent Roca
	Filename        : draft-roca-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2017-02-07

Abstract:
   This document describes a fully-specified FEC scheme for the
   convolutional Random Linear Codes (RLC) over GF(2^^m), where m equals
   1 (binary case), 4 or 8, that can be used to protect arbitrary media
   streams along the lines defined by FECFRAME extended to convolutional
   codes.  These convolutional FEC codes rely on an encoding window that
   slides over the source symbols, generating new repair symbols
   whenever needed.  Compared to block FEC codes, these convolutional
   FEC codes offer key advantages in terms of reduced FEC-related
   latency while often providing improved erasure recovery capabilities.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-roca-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-roca-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/