Subject: I-D Action: draft-lewis-domain-names-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 15:05:12 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Domain Names
        Author          : Edward Lewis
	Filename        : draft-lewis-domain-names-05.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2017-02-14

Abstract:
This document researches the origin of the term Domain Name in the
Request for Comments document series, documenting that the term did
not originate in the documents defining the Domain Name System.  The
document describes how the term came to be used, how the DNS followed,
and surveys the diverse ways Domain Names have been interpreted within
various protocols over time.  The purpose of this is to give a solid
foundation for work on Domain Names across all protocols making use of
Domain Names.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lewis-domain-names/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lewis-domain-names-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lewis-domain-names-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/