Subject: I-D Action: draft-shen-mpls-egress-protection-framework-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 06:25:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : MPLS Egress Protection Framework
        Authors         : Yimin Shen
                          Minto Jeyananth
                          Bruno Decraene
                          Hannes Gredler
                          Carsten Michel
	Filename        : draft-shen-mpls-egress-protection-framework-04.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2017-02-01

Abstract:
   This document specifies the framework of a fast reroute mechanism for
   protecting IP/MPLS services and MPLS transport tunnels against egress
   node and egress link failures.  In this framework, the penultimate-
   hop router of an MPLS tunnel acts as the point of local repair (PLR)
   for egress node failure, and the egress router of the MPLS tunnel
   acts as the PLR for egress link failure.  They each pre-establishes a
   bypass tunnel to a protector.  Upon an egress node or link failure,
   the PLR performs local failure detection and local repair, by
   rerouting packets over the bypass tunnel.  The protector in turn
   performs context label switching or context IP forwarding to send the
   packets to ultimate service destination(s).  This mechanism can be
   used to reduce traffic loss before global repair reacts to the
   failure and control plane protocols converge on the topology changes
   due to the failure.  The framework is applicable to all types of IP/
   MPLS services and MPLS tunnels.  Under the framework, service
   protocol extensions may be further specified to support service label
   distribution to protector.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shen-mpls-egress-protection-framework/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shen-mpls-egress-protection-framework-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-shen-mpls-egress-protection-framework-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/