Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-rfc6439bis-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 11:26:55 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links of the IETF.

        Title           : TRILL: Appointed Forwarders
        Authors         : Donald Eastlake
                          Yizhou Li
                          Mohammed Umair
                          Ayan Banerjee
                          Fangwei Hu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-rfc6439bis-05.txt
	Pages           : 45
	Date            : 2017-02-21

Abstract:
   TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) supports multi-
   access LAN (Local Area Network) links where a single link can have
   multiple end stations and TRILL switches attached.  Where multiple
   TRILL switches are attached to a link, native traffic to and from end
   stations on that link is handled by a subset of those TRILL switches
   called "Appointed Forwarders" as originally specified in RFC 6325,
   with the intent that native traffic in each VLAN be handled by at
   most one TRILL switch.  This document clarifies and updates the
   Appointed Forwarder mechanism. It updates RFC 6325, updates RFC 7177,
   and obsoletes RFC 6439.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-rfc6439bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-rfc6439bis-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-rfc6439bis-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/