Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-custom-decision-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2017 12:15:57 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing of the IETF.

        Title           : BGP Custom Decision Process
        Authors         : Alvaro Retana
                          Russ White
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-custom-decision-08.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2017-02-03

Abstract:
   The BGP specification describes a Decision Process for selecting the
   best route.  This process uses a series of steps, made up of path
   attributes and other values, to first determine the Degree of
   Preference of a route and later as tie breakers.  While existing
   mechanisms may achieve some of the same results described in this
   document, they can only do so through extensive configuration such as
   matching communities to explicit policy and/or route preference
   configurations present on each BGP speaker within their
   administrative domain (autonomous system).  Implementing some
   specific fine grained policies through such mechanisms is cumbersome,
   if even possible.

   This document defines a new Extended Community, called the Cost
   Community, which may be used as part of the Decision Process.  The
   end result is a local Custom Decision Process.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-custom-decision/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-custom-decision-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-custom-decision-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/