Subject: I-D Action: draft-tnbidt-ccamp-transport-nbi-use-cases-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 04:02:14 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Service YANG Model for Connection-oriented Transport Networks
        Authors         : Italo Busi
                          Daniel King
	Filename        : draft-tnbidt-ccamp-transport-nbi-use-cases-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2017-02-07

Abstract:
   Transport network domains, including Optical Transport Network (OTN)
   and Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) networks, are typically
   deployed based on a single vendor or technology platforms. They are
   often managed using proprietary interfaces to dedicated Element
   Management Systems (EMS), Network Management Systems (NMS) and
   increasingly Software Defined Network (SDN) controllers.

   A well-defined open interface to each domain management system or
   controller is required for network operators to facilitate control
   automation and orchestrate end-to-end services across multi-domain
   networks. These functions may enabled using standardized data models
   (e.g. YANG), and appropriate protocol (e.g., RESTCONF).

   This document describes the key use cases and requirements for
   transport network control and management. It reviews proposed and
   existing IETF transport network data models, their applicability,
   and highlights gaps and requirements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tnbidt-ccamp-transport-nbi-use-cases/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tnbidt-ccamp-transport-nbi-use-cases-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/