Subject: I-D Action: draft-dt-nvo3-encap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 13:00:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : NVO3 Encapsulation Considerations
        Authors         : Sami Boutros
                          Sam Aldrin
                          Uri Elzur
                          Ilango Ganga
                          Rajeev Manur
                          David Mozes
                          Michael Smith
	Filename        : draft-dt-nvo3-encap-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2017-02-07

Abstract:
   As communicated by WG Chairs, the IETF NVO3 chairs and Routing Area
   director have chartered a design team to take forward the
   encapsulation discussion and see if there is potential to design a
   common encapsulation that addresses the various technical concerns.

   There are implications of different encapsulations in real
   environments consisting of both software and hardware implementations
   and spanning multiple data centers. For example, OAM functions such
   as path MTU discovery become challenging with multiple encapsulations
   along the data path.

   The design team recommend Geneve with few modifications as the common
   encapsulation, more details are described in section 7.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dt-nvo3-encap/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dt-nvo3-encap-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/