Subject: I-D Action: draft-clemm-netmod-mount-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 22:14:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Mounting YANG-Defined Information from Remote Datastores
        Authors         : Alexander Clemm
                          Eric Voit
                          Jan Medved
	Filename        : draft-clemm-netmod-mount-06.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2017-03-29

Abstract:
   This document introduces capabilities that allow YANG datastores to
   reference and incorporate information from remote datastores.  This
   is accomplished by extending YANG with the ability to define mount
   points that reference data nodes in another YANG subtree, by
   subsequently allowing those data nodes to be accessed by client
   applications as if part of an alternative data hierarchy, and by
   providing the necessary means to manage and administer those mount
   points.  Two flavors are defined: Alias-Mount allows to mount local
   subtrees, while Peer-Mount allows subtrees to reside on and be
   authoritatively owned by a remote server.  YANG-Mount facilitates the
   development of applications that need to access data that transcends
   individual network devices while improving network-wide object
   consistency, or that require an aliasing capability to be able to
   create overlay structures for YANG data.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-clemm-netmod-mount/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-clemm-netmod-mount-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-clemm-netmod-mount-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-clemm-netmod-mount-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/