Subject: I-D Action: draft-aranda-nfvrg-recursive-vnf-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2017 05:11:37 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : High-level VNF Descriptors using NEMO
        Authors         : Pedro A. Aranda Gutierrez
                          Diego R. Lopez
                          Stefano Salsano
                          Elena Batanero 
	Filename        : draft-aranda-nfvrg-recursive-vnf-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2017-03-08

Abstract:
   Current efforts in the scope of Network Function Virtualisation(NFV)
   propose YAML-based descriptors for Virtual Network Functions (VNFs)
   and for their composition in Network Services (NS) These descriptors
   are human-readable but hardly understandable by humans.  On the other
   hand, there has been an effort proposed to the IETF to define a
   human-readable (and understandable) representation for networks,
   known as NEMO.  In this draft, we propose a simple extension to NEMO
   to accommodate VNF Descriptors (VNFDs) in a similar manner as inline
   assembly is integrated in higher-level programming languages.

   This approach enables the creation of recursive VNF forwarding graphs
   in Service Descriptors, practically making them recursive.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-aranda-nfvrg-recursive-vnf/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-aranda-nfvrg-recursive-vnf-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-aranda-nfvrg-recursive-vnf-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/