Subject: I-D Action: draft-brockners-inband-oam-transport-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 13:35:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Encapsulations for In-situ OAM Data
        Authors         : Frank Brockners
                          Shwetha Bhandari
                          Vengada Prasad Govindan
                          Carlos Pignataro
                          Hannes Gredler
                          John Leddy
                          Stephen Youell
                          Tal Mizrahi
                          David Mozes
                          Petr Lapukhov
                          Remy Chang <>
	Filename        : draft-brockners-inband-oam-transport-03.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2017-03-13

Abstract:
   In-situ Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) records
   operational and telemetry information in the packet while the packet
   traverses a path between two points in the network.  In-situ OAM is
   to complement current out-of-band OAM mechanisms based on ICMP or
   other types of probe packets.  This document outlines how in-situ OAM
   data fields can be transported in protocols such as NSH, Segment
   Routing, VXLAN-GPE, native IPv6 (via extension headers), and IPv4.
   Transport options are currently investigated as part of an
   implementation study.  This document is intended to only serve
   informational purposes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-brockners-inband-oam-transport/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-brockners-inband-oam-transport-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-brockners-inband-oam-transport-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/