Subject: I-D Action: draft-suthar-icnrg-icn-lte-4g-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 22:22:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Native Deployment of ICN in 3G, LTE, 4G Mobile Networks
        Authors         : Prakash Suthar
                          Milan Stolic
                          Anil Jangam
	Filename        : draft-suthar-icnrg-icn-lte-4g-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2017-03-27

Abstract:
   Mobile networks using LTE, 4G are complex. Managing mobility and
   content delivery using IP is complex and not optimized. IP unicast
   routing from server to clients is used for delivery of multimedia
   content to User Equipment (UE), where each user gets separate stream.
   From bandwidth and routing perspective this approach is inefficient.
   Multicast and broadcast technologies have emerged recently for mobile
   networks, but their deployments are very limited or at an
   experimental stage due to complex architecture and radio spectrum
   issues. ICN is a rapidly evolving technology for efficient multimedia
   content delivery, however majority of the work is focused either on
   fixed networks or unlicensed WiFi-based wireless networks. The main
   focus of this draft is on native deployment of ICN in cellular mobile
   networks by embedding into 3GPP protocol stack at IP level or
   replacing IP for non-IP datagrams. ICN has an inherent capability for
   anchorless mobility, security and it is optimized for content
   delivery using local caching at the edge. We believe that native or
   dual stack (with IP) deployment will bring all inherent benefits of
   ICN and help in optimizing mobile networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-suthar-icnrg-icn-lte-4g/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-suthar-icnrg-icn-lte-4g-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-suthar-icnrg-icn-lte-4g-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/