Subject: I-D Action: draft-eastlake-trill-link-security-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 12:19:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TRILL: Link Security
        Authors         : Donald Eastlake
                          Dacheng Zhang
	Filename        : draft-eastlake-trill-link-security-05.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2017-03-27

Abstract:
   The TRILL protocol supports arbitrary link technologies between TRILL
   switches, both point-to-point and broadcast links, and supports
   Ethernet links between edge TRILL switches and end stations.
   Communications links are constantly under attack by criminals and
   national intelligence agencies as discussed in RFC 7258. Link
   security is an important element of security in depth, particularly
   for links that are not entirely under the physical control of the
   TRILL network operator or that include device which may have been
   compromised. This document specifies link security recommendations
   for TRILL over Ethernet, PPP, and pseudowire links. It updates RFC
   6325, RFC 6361, and RFC 7173. It requires that link encryption MUST
   be implemented and that all TRILL Data packets between TRILL switch
   ports capable of encryption at line speed MUST default to being
   encrypted.

   [This is a early partial draft.]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eastlake-trill-link-security/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-eastlake-trill-link-security-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-eastlake-trill-link-security-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-eastlake-trill-link-security-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/