Subject: I-D Action: draft-vcelak-nsec5-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 07:15:23 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : NSEC5, DNSSEC Authenticated Denial of Existence
        Authors         : Jan Vcelak
                          Sharon Goldberg
                          Dimitrios Papadopoulos
                          Shumon Huque
                          David C Lawrence
	Filename        : draft-vcelak-nsec5-04.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2017-03-07

Abstract:
   The Domain Name System Security Extensions (DNSSEC) introduced the
   NSEC resource record (RR) for authenticated denial of existence and
   the NSEC3 RR for hashed authenticated denial of existence.  This
   document introduces NSEC5 as an alternative mechanism for DNSSEC
   authenticated denial of existence.  NSEC5 uses verifiable random
   functions (VRFs) to prevent offline enumeration of zone contents.
   NSEC5 also protects the integrity of the zone contents even if an
   adversary compromises one of the authoritative servers for the zone.
   Integrity is preserved because NSEC5 does not require private zone-
   signing keys to be present on all authoritative servers for the zone,
   in contrast to DNSSEC online signing schemes like NSEC3 White Lies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vcelak-nsec5/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vcelak-nsec5-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-vcelak-nsec5-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/