Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mmusic-data-channel-sdpneg-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 05:40:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control of the IETF.

        Title           : SDP-based Data Channel Negotiation
        Authors         : Keith Drage
                          Maridi R. Makaraju (Raju)
                          Juergen Stoetzer-Bradler
                          Richard Ejzak
                          Jerome Marcon
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-data-channel-sdpneg-12.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2017-03-27

Abstract:
   The Real-Time Communication in WEB-browsers (RTCWeb) working group is
   charged to provide protocols to support direct interactive rich
   communications using audio, video, and data between two peers' web-
   browsers.  For the support of data communication, the RTCWeb working
   group has in particular defined the concept of bi-directional data
   channels over SCTP (Stream Control Transmission Protocol), where each
   data channel might be used to transport other protocols, called
   subprotocols.  Data channel setup can be done using either the in-
   band Data Channel Establishment Protocol (DCEP) or using some out-of-
   band non-DCEP protocol.  This document specifies how the SDP (Session
   Description Protocol) offer/answer exchange can be used to achieve
   such an out-of-band non-DCEP negotiation.  Even though data channels
   are designed for RTCWeb use initially, they may be used by other
   protocols like, but not limited to, the CLUE protocol (which is
   defined by the IETF "ControLling mUltiple streams for tElepresence"
   working group).  This document is intended to be used wherever data
   channels are used.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-data-channel-sdpneg/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-data-channel-sdpneg-12
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-data-channel-sdpneg-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mmusic-data-channel-sdpneg-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/