Subject: I-D Action: draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 05:41:48 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : EST over secure CoAP (EST-coaps)
        Authors         : Sandeep S. Kumar
                          Peter van der Stok
                          Panos Kampanakis
                          Martin Furuhed
                          Shahid Raza
	Filename        : draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est-01.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2017-03-09

Abstract:
   Low-resource devices in a Low-power and Lossy Network (LLN) can
   operate in a mesh network using the IPv6 over Low-power Wireless
   Personal Area Networks (6LoWPAN) and IEEE 802.15.4 link-layer
   standards.  Provisioning these devices in a secure manner with keys
   (often called secure bootstrapping) used to encrypt and authenticate
   messages is the subject of Bootstrapping of Remote Secure Key
   Infrastructures (BRSKI) [I-D.ietf-anima-bootstrapping-keyinfra] and
   6tisch Secure Join [I-D.ietf-6tisch-dtsecurity-secure-join].
   Enrollment over Secure Transport (EST) [RFC7030], based on TLS and
   HTTP, is used in BRSKI.  Low-resource devices often use the
   lightweight Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) [RFC7252] for
   message exchanges.  This document defines how low-resource devices
   are expected to use EST over secure CoAP (EST-coaps) for secure
   bootstrapping and certificate enrollment. 6LoWPAN fragmentation
   management and minor extensions to CoAP are needed to enable EST-
   coaps.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-vanderstok-ace-coap-est-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/