Subject: I-D Action: draft-sajassi-bess-evpn-fast-df-recovery-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 14:14:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Fast Recovery for EVPN DF Election
        Authors         : Ali Sajassi
                          Gaurav Badoni
                          Dhananjaya Rao
                          Patrice Brissette
                          John Drake
	Filename        : draft-sajassi-bess-evpn-fast-df-recovery-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2017-03-13

Abstract:
   Ethernet Virtual Private Network (EVPN) solution [RFC 7432] describes
   DF election procedures for multi-homing Ethernet Segments. These
   procedures are enhanced further in [EVPN-DF-Election] by applying
   Highest Random Weight Algorithm for DF election in order to avoid DF
   status unnecessarily upon a failure. This draft makes further
   improvement to DF election procedures in [EVPN-DF-Election] by
   providing two options for fast DF election upon recovery of the
   failed link or node associated with the multi-homing Ethernet
   Segment. This fast DF election is achieved independent of number of
   EVIs associated with that Ethernet Segment and it is performed via a
   simple signaling between the recovered PE and each PE in the multi-
   homing group.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sajassi-bess-evpn-fast-df-recovery/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sajassi-bess-evpn-fast-df-recovery-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/