Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 08:15:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations of the IETF.

        Title           : DNS Scoped Data Through Global '_Underscore' Naming of Attribute Leaves
        Author          : Dave Crocker
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2017-03-29

Abstract:
   Formally, any DNS "RR" may occur for any domain name.  However some
   services have defined an operational convention that applies to DNS
   leaf nodes that have a reserved node name, beginning with an
   underscore.  The underscore construct is used to define a semantic
   scope for DNS records that are associated with the parent domain.
   This specification explores the nature of this DNS usage and defines
   the "DNS Global Underscore Scoped Entry Registry" registry with IANA.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/