Subject: I-D Action: draft-worley-sip-happy-earballs-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2017 10:50:40 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Happy Earballs: Success with Dual-Stack SIP
        Author          : Dale R. Worley
	Filename        : draft-worley-sip-happy-earballs-01.txt
	Pages           : 44
	Date            : 2017-03-02

Abstract:
   TBD: The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) supports multiple
   transports running both over IPv4 and IPv6 protocols.  In more and
   more cases, a SIP user agent (UA) is connected to network interfaces
   with multiple address families.  In these cases sending a message
   from a dual stack client to a dual stack server may suffer from the
   issues described in [RFC6555] ("Happy Eyeballs"): the UA attempts to
   send the message using IPv6, but IPv6 connectivity is not working to
   the server.  This can cause significant delays in the process of
   sending the message to the server.  This negatively affects the
   user's experience.

   TBD: This document builds on [RFC6555] by modifying the procedures
   specified in [RFC3263] and related specifications to require that a
   client ensure that communication targets are accessible before
   sending messages to them, to allow a client to contact targets out of
   the order required by other specifications, and to require a client
   to properly distribute the message load among targets over time.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-worley-sip-happy-earballs/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-worley-sip-happy-earballs-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-worley-sip-happy-earballs-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/