Subject: I-D Action: draft-iab-protocol-transitions-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2017 13:23:08 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board of the IETF.

        Title           : Planning for Protocol Adoption and Subsequent Transitions
        Author          : Dave Thaler
	Filename        : draft-iab-protocol-transitions-08.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2017-03-08

Abstract:
   Over the many years since the introduction of the Internet Protocol,
   we have seen a number of transitions throughout the protocol stack,
   such as deploying a new protocol, or updating or replacing an
   existing protocol.  Many protocols and technologies were not designed
   to enable smooth transition to alternatives or to easily deploy
   extensions, and thus some transitions, such as the introduction of
   IPv6, have been difficult.  This document attempts to summarize some
   basic principles to enable future transitions, and also summarizes
   what makes for a good transition plan.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-protocol-transitions/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-protocol-transitions-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-iab-protocol-transitions-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/