Subject: I-D Action: draft-idr-bgp-route-refresh-options-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 08:37:15 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Extension to BGP's Route Refresh Message
        Authors         : Keyur Patel
                          Aamod Vyavaharkar
                          Niloofar Fazlollahi
                          Tony Przygienda
	Filename        : draft-idr-bgp-route-refresh-options-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2017-03-06

Abstract:
   [RFC2918] defines a route refresh capability to be exchanged between
   BGP speakers.  BGP speakers that support this capability are
   advertising that they can resend the entire BGP Adj-RIB-Out on
   receipt of a refresh request.  By supporting this capability, BGP
   speakers are more flexible in applying any inbound routing policy
   changes as they no longer have to store received routes in their
   unchanged form or reset the session when an inbound routing policy
   change occurs.  The route refresh capability is advertised per AFI,
   SAFI combination.

   There are newer AFI, SAFI types that have been introduced to BGP that
   support a variety of route types (e.g.  IPv4/MVPN, L2VPN/EVPN).
   Currently, there is no way to request a subset of routes in a Route
   Refresh message for a given AFI, SAFI.  This draft defines route
   refresh capability extensions that help BGP speakers to request a
   subset of routes for a given address family.  This is expected to
   reduce the amount of update traffic being generated by route refresh
   requests as well as lessen the burden on the router servicing such
   requests.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-idr-bgp-route-refresh-options/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-idr-bgp-route-refresh-options-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-idr-bgp-route-refresh-options-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/