Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 23:10:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration of the IETF.

        Title           : DHCPv6 Prefix Length Hint Issues
        Authors         : Tianxiang Li
                          Cong Liu
                          Yong Cui
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-06.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2017-03-31

Abstract:
   DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation (RFC3633) allows a client to include a
   prefix-length hint value in the IA_PD option to indicate a preference
   for the size of the prefix to be delegated, but is unclear about how
   the client and server should act in different situations involving
   the prefix-length hint.  This document provides a summary of the
   existing problems with the prefix-length hint and guidance on what
   the client and server could do in different situations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-prefix-length-hint-issue-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/