Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-umask-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2017 08:30:04 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 of the IETF.

        Title           : Allowing Inheritable NFSv4 ACLs to Override the Umask
        Authors         : J. Bruce Fields
                          Andreas Gruenbacher
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-umask-03.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2017-03-03

Abstract:
   In many important environments, inheritable NFSv4 ACLs can be
   rendered ineffective by the application of the per-process umask.
   This can be addressed by transmitting the umask and create mode as
   separate pieces of data, allowing the server to make more intelligent
   decisions about the permissions to set on new files.  This document
   proposes a protocol extension which accomplishes that.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-umask/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-umask-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nfsv4-umask-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/