Subject: I-D Action: draft-lubashev-ipv6-addr-mask-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2017 22:53:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 Address/Mask Notation
        Authors         : Igor Lubashev
                          Erik Nygren
	Filename        : draft-lubashev-ipv6-addr-mask-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2017-03-26

Abstract:
   With significantly longer IPv6 address prefixes assigned to ISPs,
   operators sometimes find opportunities to assign special meaning to
   lower-order bit patterns.  Often, these bit patterns cannot be
   expressed as an address prefix.

   This RFC introduces IPv6 Address/Mask notation that allows one to
   express address groupings beyond "all addresses that share a single
   prefix".  The notation is similar to the IPv4 Address/Mask notation
   in its expressiveness, but its syntax is derived from the traditional
   Address/Prefix-length notation.  The traditional Address/Prefix-
   length notation is a special case of the Address/Mask notation.

   For example, using this notation, both 2001:db8::/32 and 2001:db8::/
   ffff:ffff:: have the same meaning.  However, the following requires
   the new notation: 2001:db8::1234/ffff:ffff::ffff or, equivalently,
   2001:db8::1234/32+::ffff.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lubashev-ipv6-addr-mask/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lubashev-ipv6-addr-mask-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lubashev-ipv6-addr-mask-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/