Subject: I-D Action: draft-koster-t2trg-hsml-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 13:01:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Media Types for Hypertext Sensor Markup
        Author          : Michael Koster
	Filename        : draft-koster-t2trg-hsml-01.txt
	Pages           : 49
	Date            : 2017-03-13

Abstract:
   The scale and scope of the worldwide web has been in part driven by
   the availability of HTML as a common serialization, data model, and
   interaction model for structured resources on the web.  By contrast,
   the general use of appropriate hypermedia techniques for machine
   interfaces has been limited by the lack of a common format for
   serialization and exchange of structured machine resources and
   sensor/actuator data which includes or embeds standardized hypermedia
   controls.  The IRTF Thing to Thing Research Group [T2TRG] has a
   charter to investigate the use of REST design style [REST]for machine
   interactions.  The W3C Web of Things Interest Group [W3C-WoT] are
   investigating abstract hypermedia controls and interaction models for
   machines.  Machine optimized content formats exist for web links
   [RFC5988] [RFC6690] and for data items [I-D.ietf-core-senml].

   Structured data which contains both links and items is known as the
   collection pattern.  This draft describes media types for
   representation of machine resources structured as collections.  A
   simple, reusable data model is described with a representation
   format, using a well known set of keywords to expose hypermedia
   controls, which inform clients how to perform state transfer
   operations on resources.  The underlying assumptions regarding
   transfer layer processing are specified in this document.  The HSML
   media type described in this document is compatible with SenML and
   CoRE Link-format by reusing the keyword identifiers and element
   structures from these content formats.  Representations of HSML
   document content may be obtained in CoRE Link-Format and SenML
   content formats.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-koster-t2trg-hsml/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-koster-t2trg-hsml-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-koster-t2trg-hsml-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/