Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-detnet-architecture-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 11:37:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Deterministic Networking of the IETF.

        Title           : Deterministic Networking Architecture
        Authors         : Norman Finn
                          Pascal Thubert
                          Balázs Varga
                          János Farkas
	Filename        : draft-ietf-detnet-architecture-01.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2017-03-13

Abstract:
   Deterministic Networking (DetNet) provides a capability to carry
   specified unicast or multicast data flows for real-time applications
   with extremely low data loss rates and bounded latency.  Techniques
   used include: 1) reserving data plane resources for individual (or
   aggregated) DetNet flows in some or all of the intermediate nodes
   (e.g. bridges or routers) along the path of the flow; 2) providing
   explicit routes for DetNet flows that do not rapidly change with the
   network topology; and 3) distributing data from DetNet flow packets
   over time and/or space to ensure delivery of each packet's data' in
   spite of the loss of a path.  The capabilities can be managed by
   configuration, or by manual or automatic network management.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-architecture/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-detnet-architecture-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-detnet-architecture-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/