Subject: I-D Action: draft-freytag-troublesome-characters-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 07:56:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Those Troublesome Characters: A Registry of Unicode Code Points Needing Special Consieration When Used in Network Identifiers
        Authors         : Asmus Freytag
                          John C Klensin
                          Andrew Sullivan
	Filename        : draft-freytag-troublesome-characters-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2017-03-30

Abstract:
   Unicode's design goal is to be the universal character set for all
   applications.  The goal entails the inclusion of very large numbers
   of characters.  The sheer size of the repertoire increases the
   possibility of accidental or intentional use of characters that can
   cause confusion among users, particularly where linguistic context is
   ambiguous, unavailable, or impossible to determine.  A registry of
   code points that can be sometimes especially problematic may be
   useful to guide system administrators in setting parameters for
   allowable code points in an identifier system, and to aid
   applications in creating security aids for users.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-freytag-troublesome-characters/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-freytag-troublesome-characters-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-freytag-troublesome-characters-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/