Subject: I-D Action: draft-kuehlewind-crypto-sep-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 09:46:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Separating Crypto Negotiation and Communication
        Author          : Mirja Kuehlewind
	Filename        : draft-kuehlewind-crypto-sep-00.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2017-03-13

Abstract:
   Based on the increasing deployment of session resumption mechanisms
   where cryptographic context can be resumed to transmit application
   data with the first packet without delay for connection setup and
   negotiation, this draft proposes a split to separate connections used
   to set up encryption context and negotiate capabilities from
   connections used to transmit application data.  While cryptographic
   context and endpoint capabilities need to be be known before
   encrypted application data can be sent, there is otherwise no
   technical constraint that the crypto handshake has to be performed on
   the same transport connection.  This document discusses requirements
   on the cryptographic protocol to establish medium- to long-lived
   association that can be used by different transport protocols that
   implement different transport services.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuehlewind-crypto-sep/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kuehlewind-crypto-sep-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/