Subject: I-D Action: draft-padma-ideas-problem-statement-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 12:23:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Problem Statement for Identity Enabled Networks
        Authors         : Padma Pillay-Esnault
                          Mohamed Boucadair
                          Christian Jacquenet
                          Telecom Italia
                          Axel Nennker
	Filename        : draft-padma-ideas-problem-statement-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2017-03-12

Abstract:
   The forthcoming deployment of 5G coupled with emerging applications
   such as augmented reality, virtual reality and 8k videos are likely
   to raise more stringent requirements in terms of ultra-low latency
   while ensuring session continuity.  The emergence of IoT services
   also raises new challenges (with respect to their interoperability,
   discovery, naming and addressing) which may lead to identity-based
   designs.  This problem statement examines how the existing solutions
   for networks whose forwarding scheme assumes the decoupling between
   the identifier and the locator information (called Identity Enabled
   Networks) will struggle to meet such requirements.  It advocates for
   a standardized, secured common control plane with data integrity for
   Identity Services such as identifier registration, mapping and
   resolution.  This memo also identifies several key areas to be
   further investigated for the architecture design of these services.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-padma-ideas-problem-statement/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-padma-ideas-problem-statement-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-padma-ideas-problem-statement-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/