Subject: I-D Action: draft-jinmei-6man-prefix-clarify-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 13:49:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Clarifications on On-link and Subnet IPv6 Prefixes
        Author          : Tatuya Jinmei
	Filename        : draft-jinmei-6man-prefix-clarify-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2017-03-13

Abstract:
   The IPv6 Neighbor Discovery and Stateless Address Autoconfiguration
   protocols intentionally separate the handling of prefixes for their
   purposes: these prefixes can be different for the same link even if
   it may be uncommon in practice; validation for these purposes is
   expected to be performed separately and independently.  Despite the
   revised text of the latest versions of these protocol specifications,
   it appears that the idea of this separation can still be easily
   misunderstood.  This document clarifies the idea even more explicitly
   in order to set the common understanding of the intent of the current
   specifications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jinmei-6man-prefix-clarify/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jinmei-6man-prefix-clarify-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/