Subject: I-D Action: draft-qi-bitar-intarea-sdn-multicast-overlay-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 07:51:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Software-Defined Multicast Network Overlay
        Authors         : David Qi
                          Nabil Bitar
                          Truman Boyes
                          Senad Palislamovic
                          Anil Lohiya
	Filename        : draft-qi-bitar-intarea-sdn-multicast-overlay-00.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2017-03-13

Abstract:
      This document describes a framework for IP multicast based on
      the software defined networking paradigm.  The framework enables
      flexible allocation of multicast responsibilities to designated
      control and forwarding elements, and provides for multicast
      path computation and programming of the forwarding plane. The
      objective of this framework is to enable network operators to
      support IP multicast in an IP/MPLS core free of Protocol-
      Independent-Multicast (PIM) and MPLS multicast control. The
      forwarding paradigm provides for multicast replication over
      unicast and multicast overlays at designated edges, and for
      native IP and MPLS multicast replication and forwarding in the
      core.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-qi-bitar-intarea-sdn-multicast-overlay/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-qi-bitar-intarea-sdn-multicast-overlay-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/