Subject: I-D Action: draft-geng-nfvrg-distributed-nfv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 07:40:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Distributed NFV in Scattered Premises
        Author          : Liang Geng
	Filename        : draft-geng-nfvrg-distributed-nfv-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2017-03-06

Abstract:
   This document introduces the distributed NFV (D-NFV) concept based on
   potential implementation in scattered locations including customer
   edge devices and transport network equipments.  The motivation of
   pushing NFV entities from conventional centralized infrastructures to
   distributed promises is discussed, which are driven by the
   requirements of high flexibility, low end-to-end latency and faster
   time-to-market in future network.  To better understand the D-NFV
   concept, examples of D-NFV implementation is introduced.  Potential
   use cases are also described as references for readers.  Gaps have
   also been recognized in the documents in terms of the investigation
   of appropriate virtualization technologies used in the D-NFV and
   corresponding management and orchestration challenges.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-geng-nfvrg-distributed-nfv/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-geng-nfvrg-distributed-nfv-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/