Subject: I-D Action: draft-petrescu-v6ops-ipv6-power-ipv4-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 11:56:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Power Consumption of IPv6 vs IPv4 in Smartphone
        Authors         : Alexandre Petrescu
                          Siwar Ben Hadj Said
                          Olivier Philippot
                          Thomas Vincent
	Filename        : draft-petrescu-v6ops-ipv6-power-ipv4-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2017-03-13

Abstract:
   This draft documents preliminary results of measuring the power
   consumption of using IPv6 vs using IPv4 on typical applications on a
   smartphone.  The smartphone is connected on a 4G cellular network
   with either an IPv6 connection, or with an IPv4 connection, but not
   both simultaneously.

   The preliminary results expose a roughly 5% increase in power
   consumption on IPv6.  More experiments are planned as future work
   that may confirm or infirm these figures.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-petrescu-v6ops-ipv6-power-ipv4/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-petrescu-v6ops-ipv6-power-ipv4-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/