Subject: I-D Action: draft-vandevelde-spring-flow-aware-v6transport-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 07:58:37 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Flow Aware IPv6 Segment Routing
        Authors         : Gunter Van de Velde
                          Giuseppe Fioccola
                          Praveen Muley
	Filename        : draft-vandevelde-spring-flow-aware-v6transport-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2017-03-09

Abstract:
   Flow-Aware transport of Pseudowires over an MPLS Packet Switched
   Network (RFC6391) introduces an ECMP use-case, making assumption that
   the payload of a pseudowire comprises of a number of distinct flows.
   RFC6391 provides a mechanism for fine flow granularity beyond the
   individual pseudowire, helping better flow granularity for ECMP
   purpose.  To identify the granular pseudowire flows the concept of
   MPLS Flow Label is introduced.  Furthermore RFC6391 defines the
   required LDP protocol extensions to exchange the MPLS Flow Label
   between LDP speakers.

   Another method to exchange MPLS flow labels is found in draft-ietf-
   bess-fat-pw-bgp.  Draft-ietf-bess-fat-pw-bgp defines extensions
   required to synchronise flow label state between PEs using BGP-based
   signalling procedures.  This draft assumes MPLS is the transport
   technology used.

   This draft extends the applicability of draft-ietf-bess-fat-pw-bgp
   and uses the BGP derived flow label for IPv6 Segment Routing
   transport.  The PE responsible for imposing the IPv6 Segment Routing
   top level header will in addition to an IPv6 header AND the IPv6
   Source Routing header ALSO impose the BGP derived Flow Label as the
   IPv6 outer header flow Label.  This functionality will provide fine
   ECMP granularity of IPv6 Segment routing enabled pseudowire transport
   services.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vandevelde-spring-flow-aware-v6transport/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vandevelde-spring-flow-aware-v6transport-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/