Subject: I-D Action: draft-brockners-inband-oam-data-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 13:33:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Data Fields for In-situ OAM
        Authors         : Frank Brockners
                          Shwetha Bhandari
                          Carlos Pignataro
                          Hannes Gredler
                          John Leddy
                          Stephen Youell
                          Tal Mizrahi
                          David Mozes
                          Petr Lapukhov
                          Remy Chang <>
	Filename        : draft-brockners-inband-oam-data-03.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2017-03-13

Abstract:
   In-situ Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (IOAM) records
   operational and telemetry information in the packet while the packet
   traverses a path between two points in the network.  This document
   discusses the data fields and associated data types for in-situ OAM.
   In-situ OAM data fields can be embedded into a variety of transports
   such as NSH, Segment Routing, VXLAN-GPE, Geneve, native IPv6 (via
   extension header), or IPv4.  In-situ OAM can be used to complement
   current out-of-band OAM mechanisms based on ICMP or other types of
   probe packets.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-brockners-inband-oam-data/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-brockners-inband-oam-data-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-brockners-inband-oam-data-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/