Subject: I-D Action: draft-bonica-intarea-eping-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2017 10:14:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Extended Ping (Xping)
        Authors         : Ron Bonica
                          Reji Thomas
                          Jen Linkova
                          Chris Lenart
	Filename        : draft-bonica-intarea-eping-03.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2017-03-03

Abstract:
   This document describes a new diagnostic tool called Extended Ping
   (Xping).  Network operators execute Xping to determine the status of
   a remote interface.  In this respect, Xping is similar to Ping.
   Xping differs from Ping in that it does not require network
   reachability between itself and remote interface whose status is
   being queried.

   Xping relies on two new ICMP messages, called Extended Echo Request
   and Extended Echo Reply.  Both ICMP messages are defined herein.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bonica-intarea-eping/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bonica-intarea-eping-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bonica-intarea-eping-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/