Subject: I-D Action: draft-bormann-cbor-tags-oid-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 12:11:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) Tags and Techniques for Object Identifiers, UUIDs, Enumerations, Binary Entities, Regular Expressions, and Sets
        Authors         : Carsten Bormann
                          Sean Leonard
	Filename        : draft-bormann-cbor-tags-oid-06.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2017-03-13

Abstract:
   The Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR, RFC 7049) is a data
   format whose design goals include the possibility of extremely small
   code size, fairly small message size, and extensibility without the
   need for version negotiation.

   Useful tags and techniques have emerged since the publication of RFC
   7049; the present document makes use of CBOR's built-in major types
   to define and refine several useful constructs, without changing the
   wire protocol.  This document adds object identifiers (OIDs) to CBOR
   with CBOR tags <<O>> and <<R>> [values TBD].  It is intended as the
   reference document for the IANA registration of the CBOR tags so
   defined.  Useful techniques for enumerations and sets are presented
   (without new tags).  As the documentation for binary UUIDs (tag 37),
   MIME entities (tag 36) and regular expressions (tag 35) RFC 7049 left
   much out, this document provides more comprehensive specifications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-cbor-tags-oid/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-cbor-tags-oid-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bormann-cbor-tags-oid-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/