Subject: I-D Action: draft-elkins-ippm-pdm-nn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 11:27:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Using PDM to Monitor Net Neutrality
        Author          : Nalini Elkins
	Filename        : draft-elkins-ippm-pdm-nn-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2017-03-29

Abstract:
   Monitoring of net neutrality is of interest to regulators as well as
   users throughout the world.  Standardized metrics are lacking.
   Measurements need to be at the end user client, be able to accurately
   separate wire and host time, detect quality of service provided to
   individual applications and be lightweight.  The IPv6 Performance and
   Diagnostic Metrics (PDM) Destination Option meets all these criteria.
   We propose that PDM be used for such measurements.  A gap analysis
   shows that PDM is available for IPv6 only and not for IPv4 or low
   powered devices.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-elkins-ippm-pdm-nn/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-elkins-ippm-pdm-nn-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-elkins-ippm-pdm-nn-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/