Subject: I-D Action: draft-srich-opsawg-mud-manu-lifecycle-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 22:26:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : MUD Lifecyle: A Manufacturer's Perspective
        Authors         : Steven Rich
                          Thorsten Dahm
	Filename        : draft-srich-opsawg-mud-manu-lifecycle-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2017-03-12

Abstract:
   Manufacturer Usage Descriptions, or MUDs, allow a manufacturer to
   cheaply and simply describe to the network the accesses required
   by an IoT device without adding any extra cost or software to the
   devices themselves.  By doing so, the network infrastructure
   devices can apply access policies automatically which increase the
   overall security of the entire network, not just for the IoT
   devices themselves.  This document describes the lifecycle of
   Manufacturer Usage Descriptions (MUDs) by describing detailed MUD
   scenarios from the perspective of manufacturers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-srich-opsawg-mud-manu-lifecycle/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-srich-opsawg-mud-manu-lifecycle-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/