Subject: I-D Action: draft-yang-alto-path-vector-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 15:57:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ALTO Extension: Path Vector Cost Mode
        Authors         : Greg Bernstein
                          Shiwei Dawn Chen
                          Kai Gao
                          Young Lee
                          Wendy Roome
                          Michael Scharf
                          Y. Richard Yang
                          Jingxuan Jensen Zhang
	Filename        : draft-yang-alto-path-vector-04.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2017-03-13

Abstract:
   The Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) Service has defined
   network and cost maps to provide basic network information, where the
   cost maps allow only scalar (numerical or ordinal) cost mode values.
   This document introduces a new cost mode called path-vector to allow
   ALTO clients to support use cases such as capacity regions for
   applications.  This document starts with a non-normative example
   called multi-flow scheduling (or capacity region) to illustrate that
   ALTO cost maps without path vectors cannot provide sufficient
   information.  This document then defines path-vector as a new cost
   mode.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yang-alto-path-vector/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yang-alto-path-vector-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-yang-alto-path-vector-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/