Subject: I-D Action: draft-jeong-ipwave-v2i-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 09:52:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Problem Statement for Vehicle-to-Infrastructure Networking
        Authors         : Jaehoon Paul Jeong
                          Tae (Tom) Oh
	Filename        : draft-jeong-ipwave-v2i-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2017-03-13

Abstract:
   This document specifies the problem statement for IPv6-based vehicle-
   to-infrastructure networking.  Dedicated Short-Range Communications
   (DSRC) is standardized as IEEE 802.11p for the wireless media access
   in vehicular networks.  This document addresses the extension of IPv6
   as the network layer protocol in vehicular networks and is focused on
   the networking issues in one-hop communication between a Road-Side
   Unit (RSU) and vehicle.  The RSU is connected to the Internet and
   allows vehicles to have the Internet access if connected.  The major
   issues of including IPv6 in vehicular networks are neighbor discovery
   protocol, stateless address autoconfiguration, and DNS configuration
   for the Internet connectivity over DSRC.  Also, when a vehicle and an
   RSU have an internal network, respectively, the document discusses
   the issues of the internetworking between the vehicle's internal
   network and the RSU's internal network (e.g., prefix discovery,
   prefix exchange, and service discovery), and also security and
   privacy issues.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jeong-ipwave-v2i-problem-statement/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jeong-ipwave-v2i-problem-statement-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/