Subject: I-D Action: draft-dugeon-brpc-stateful-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 11:33:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Backward Recursive PCE-initiated inter-domain LSP Setup
        Authors         : Olivier Dugeon
                          Julien Meuric
	Filename        : draft-dugeon-brpc-stateful-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2017-03-13

Abstract:
   The Path Computation Element (PCE) working group (WG) has produced a
   set of RFCs to standardize the behavior of the Path Computation
   Element as a tool to help MPLS-TE, GMPLS LSP tunnels and Segment
   Routing paths placement.  This also include the ability to compute
   inter-domain LSPs or Segment Routing path following a distributed or
   hierarchical approach.  In complement to the original stateless mode,
   a stateful mode has been added.  In particular, the new PCInitiate
   message allows a PCE to directly ask a PCC to setup an MPLS-TE, GMPLS
   LSP tunnels or a Segment Routing path.  However, once computed, the
   inter-domain LSPs or Segment Routing path are hard to setup in the
   underlying network.  Especially, in operational network, RSVP-TE
   signaling is not enable between BGP border routers.  But, such RSVP-
   TE signaling is mandatory to setup contiguous LSP tunnels or to
   stitch or nest independent LSP tunnels to form the end-to-end inter-
   domain LSP tunnels.  This draft propose to combine a Backward
   Recursive method with PCInitiate message to setup independent LSP
   tunnels per domain and stitch or nest the different LSP tunnels to
   setup end-to-end inter-domain LSP tunnels without the need of inter-
   domain signaling between BGP border routers.  A new Stitching Label
   definition and new LSP-TYPE code points are proposed for that
   purpose.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dugeon-brpc-stateful/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dugeon-brpc-stateful-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/