Subject: I-D Action: draft-gont-v6ops-host-configuration-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 16:56:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : On the Dynamic/Automatic Configuration of IPv6 Hosts
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Gert Doering
                          Madeleine Garcia Corbo
                          Guillermo Gont
	Filename        : draft-gont-v6ops-host-configuration-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2017-03-13

Abstract:
   IPv6 has two different mechanisms for dynamic/automatic host
   configuration: SLAAC and DHCPv6.  These two mechanisms allow for the
   configuration of IPv6 addresses and a number of network parameters.
   While there is overlap in the parameters that can be configured via
   these two protocols, different implementations support only subsets
   of such parameters with either mechanism, or have no support for
   DHCPv6 at all.  This document analyzes a problem that arises from
   this situation, and mandates that all host implementations support
   RFC 6105 (DNS options for SLAAC) and the stateless DHCPv6
   functionality in RFC 3315.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-v6ops-host-configuration/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-v6ops-host-configuration-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gont-v6ops-host-configuration-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/