Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-intarea-tunnels-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 08:34:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Area Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : IP Tunnels in the Internet Architecture
        Authors         : Joe Touch
                          Mark Townsley
	Filename        : draft-ietf-intarea-tunnels-05.txt
	Pages           : 51
	Date            : 2017-03-27

Abstract:
   This document discusses the role of IP tunnels in the Internet
   architecture. An IP tunnel transits IP datagrams as payloads in non-
   link layer protocols. This document explains the relationship of IP
   tunnels to existing protocol layers and the challenges in supporting
   IP tunneling, based on the equivalence of tunnels to links. The
   implications of this document are used to derive recommendations that
   update MTU and fragment issues in RFC 4459.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-intarea-tunnels/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-intarea-tunnels-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-intarea-tunnels-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-intarea-tunnels-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/