Subject: I-D Action: draft-sitaraman-mpls-rsvp-shared-labels-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 16:32:18 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Signaling RSVP-TE tunnels on a shared MPLS forwarding plane
        Authors         : Harish Sitaraman
                          Vishnu Pavan Beeram
                          Tejal Parikh
	Filename        : draft-sitaraman-mpls-rsvp-shared-labels-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2017-03-10

Abstract:
   As the scale of MPLS RSVP-TE LSPs has grown, various implementation
   recommendations have been proposed to manage control plane state.
   However, the forwarding plane footprint of labels at a transit LSR
   has remained proportional to the total LSP state in the control
   plane.  This draft defines a mechanism to prevent the label space
   limit on an LSR from being a constraint to control plane scaling on
   that node.  It introduces the notion of pre-installed per TE link
   'pop labels' that are shared by MPLS RSVP-TE LSPs that traverse these
   links and thus significantly reducing the forwarding plane state
   required.  This couples the feature benefits of the RSVP-TE control
   plane with the simplicity of the Segment Routing MPLS forwarding
   plane.  This document also introduces the ability to mix different
   types of label operations along the path of the LSP, thereby allowing
   the ingress or an external controller to influence how to optimally
   place a LSP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sitaraman-mpls-rsvp-shared-labels/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sitaraman-mpls-rsvp-shared-labels-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/