Subject: I-D Action: draft-lvelvindron-dh-group-exchange-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 04:57:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Increase minimum recommended modulus size to 2048 bits
        Author          : Loganaden Velvindron
	Filename        : draft-lvelvindron-dh-group-exchange-00.txt
	Pages           : 3
	Date            : 2017-03-10

Abstract:
   The Diffie-Hellman Group Exchange for the Secure Shell (SSH)
   Transport layer Protocol specifies that servers and clients should
   support groups with a modulus length of k bits, where the recommended
   minumum value is 1024 bits.  Recent security research has shown that
   a minimum value of 1024 bits is insufficient against state-sponsored
   actors.  As such, this document formally updates RFC 4419 [RFC4419]
   such that the minimum recommended value for k is 2048 bits and the
   group size is 2048 bits at minimum.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lvelvindron-dh-group-exchange/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lvelvindron-dh-group-exchange-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/