Subject: I-D Action: draft-hoffman-dns-in-existing-http2-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 10:12:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Running DNS in Existing HTTP/2 Connections
        Author          : Paul Hoffman
	Filename        : draft-hoffman-dns-in-existing-http2-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2017-04-10

Abstract:
   Intermediaries such as governments and ISPs spoof DNS responses, and
   block DNS requests to particular recursive resolvers, for a variety
   of reasons.  They spoof by capturing traffic on port 53, or by
   redirecting port 853 traffic in the hopes that the client is using
   opportunistic encryption.  They block if they know the address of a
   resolver that they don't like, such as public resolvers that give
   honest answers.

   This document describes how to run DNS service over existing HTTP/2
   connections over TLS, such as those being used for HTTP for basic web
   service.  This design prevents intermediaries from spoofing DNS
   responses, and makes it impossible for intermediaries to block the
   use of those recursive resolvers without blocking the desired HTTP
   connections.  It also prevents intermediaries or passive observers
   from seeing the DNS traffic.  This design is meant for communication
   between a DNS stub resolver and a DNS recursive resolver.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hoffman-dns-in-existing-http2/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hoffman-dns-in-existing-http2-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hoffman-dns-in-existing-http2-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/