Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-relay-server-security-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 11:55:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration of the IETF.

        Title           : Security of Messages Exchanged Between Servers and Relay Agents
        Authors         : Bernie Volz
                          Yogendra Pal
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-relay-server-security-05.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2017-04-19

Abstract:
   The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv4 (DHCPv4) has no
   guidance for how to secure messages exchanged between servers and
   relay agents.  The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6
   (DHCPv6) states that IPsec should be used to secure messages
   exchanged between servers and relay agents, but does not require
   encryption.  And, with recent concerns about pervasive monitoring and
   other attacks, it is appropriate to require securing relay to relay
   and relay to server communication for DHCPv6 and relay to server
   communication for DHCPv4.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-relay-server-security/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-relay-server-security-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dhc-relay-server-security-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-relay-server-security-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/