Subject: I-D Action: draft-rodrigueznatal-lisp-ms-smr-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2017 15:36:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : MS-originated SMRs
        Authors         : Alberto Rodriguez-Natal
                          Albert Cabellos-Aparicio
                          Vina Ermagan
                          Fabio Maino
                          Sharon Barkai
	Filename        : draft-rodrigueznatal-lisp-ms-smr-03.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2017-04-04

Abstract:
   This document extends [RFC6830] to allow Map Servers to send SMR
   messages.

   This extension is intended to be used in some SDN deployments that
   use LISP as a southbound protocol with (P)ITRs that are compliant
   with [RFC6830].  In this use-case mapping updates do not come from
   ETRs, but rather from a centralized controller that pushes the
   updates directly to the Mapping System.  In such deployments, Map
   Servers will benefit from having a mechanism to inform directly
   (P)ITRs about updates in the mappings they are serving.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rodrigueznatal-lisp-ms-smr/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rodrigueznatal-lisp-ms-smr-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-rodrigueznatal-lisp-ms-smr-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-rodrigueznatal-lisp-ms-smr-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/