Subject: I-D Action: draft-dekok-radext-request-authenticator-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 06:59:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Correlating requests and replies in the Remote Authentication Dial In User Service (RADIUS) Protocol via the Request Authenticator.
        Author          : Alan DeKok
	Filename        : draft-dekok-radext-request-authenticator-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2017-04-28

Abstract:
   RADIUS contains a one-octet Identifier field which is used to
   correlate requests and replies.  This field limits the number of
   outstanding requests to 256.  Experience shows that this limitation
   is problematic for high load systems.  This document proposes to use
   the Request Authenticator field as an additional unique identifier.
   The replies can then be correlated to requests by copying the Request
   Authenticator from the request to a new attribute in the response,
   called the Original-Request-Authenticator.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dekok-radext-request-authenticator/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dekok-radext-request-authenticator-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dekok-radext-request-authenticator-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dekok-radext-request-authenticator-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/