Subject: I-D Action: draft-wkumari-capport-icmp-unreach-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2017 17:16:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Captive Portal ICMP Messages
        Authors         : David Bird
                          Warren Kumari
	Filename        : draft-wkumari-capport-icmp-unreach-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2017-04-01

Abstract:
   This document defines a new ICMP Type for Captive Portal Messages.
   The ICMP Type will only be known to clients supporting this
   specification and provides both generic and flow 5-tuple specific
   notifications from the Captive Portal NAS.

   Further, This document defines a multi-part ICMP extension to ICMP
   Destination Unreachable messages to signal, not only that the packet
   was dropped, but that it was dropped due to an Access Policy
   requiring Captive Portal interaction.  Legacy clients will only be
   processing the ICMP Destination Unreachable.

   [ Editor note: The IETF is currently discussing improvements in
   captive portal interactions and user experience improvements.  See:
   https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/captive-portals ]

   [RFC Editor: Please remove this before publication.  This document is
   being stored in github at https://github.com/wlanmac/draft-wkumari-
   capport-icmp-unreach . Authors gratefully accept pull requests, and
   keep the latest (edit buffer) versions there, so commenters can
   follow along at home.]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wkumari-capport-icmp-unreach/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wkumari-capport-icmp-unreach-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wkumari-capport-icmp-unreach-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wkumari-capport-icmp-unreach-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/