Subject: I-D Action: draft-thubert-6lo-forwarding-fragments-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2017 10:14:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : LLN Fragment Forwarding and Recovery
        Authors         : Pascal Thubert
                          Jonathan W. Hui
	Filename        : draft-thubert-6lo-forwarding-fragments-05.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2017-04-06

Abstract:
   Considering that an LLN link-layer frame can have a payload below 100
   bytes, an IPv6 packet might be fragmented more than 10 fragments at
   the 6LoWPAN layer.  In a 6LoWPAN mesh-under mesh network, the
   fragments can be forwarded individually across the mesh, whereas a
   route-over mesh network, a fragmented 6LoWPAN packet must be
   reassembled at every hop, which causes latency and congestion.  This
   draft introduces a simple protocol to forward individual fragments
   across a route-over mesh network, and, regardless of the type of
   mesh, recover the loss of individual fragments across the mesh and
   protect the network against bloat with a minimal flow control.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thubert-6lo-forwarding-fragments/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thubert-6lo-forwarding-fragments-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-thubert-6lo-forwarding-fragments-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-thubert-6lo-forwarding-fragments-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/