Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 01:49:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Thing-to-Thing of the IETF.

        Title           : State of the Art and Challenges for the Internet of Things
        Authors         : Oscar Garcia-Morchon
                          Sandeep S. Kumar
                          Mohit Sethi
	Filename        : draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons-03.txt
	Pages           : 46
	Date            : 2017-05-24

Abstract:
   The Internet of Things (IoT) concept refers to the usage of standard
   Internet protocols to allow for human-to-thing and thing-to-thing
   communication.  The security needs are well-recognized and and many
   standardization steps for providing security have been taken, for
   example, the specification of Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
   over Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS).  However, security
   challenges still exist and there are some use cases that lack a
   suitable solution.  In this document, we first discuss the various
   stages in the lifecycle of a thing.  We then look at the security
   building blocks available for securing the different layers of the
   Internet protocol suite.  Next, we document the various security
   threats to a thing and the challenges that one might face in order to
   protect against these threats.  Lastly, we discuss the next steps
   needed to ensure roll out of secure Internet of Things services.

   This document is a product of the IRTF Thing-to-Thing Research Group
   (T2TRG).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/