Subject: I-D Action: draft-vazquez-nfvrg-netcod-function-virtualization-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 02:05:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Network Coding Function Virtualization
        Authors         : M.A. Vazquez-Castro
                          Tan Do-Duy
                          Simon Pietro Romano
                          Antonia Maria Tulino
	Filename        : draft-vazquez-nfvrg-netcod-function-virtualization-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2017-05-17

Abstract:
   This document describes network coding as a network function.  It
   also describes how a network coding function can be virtualized and
   integrated with virtual network functions architectures.  The network
   coding function is not a traditionally implemented network function
   in dedicated hardware as those that have triggered network function
   virtualization.  It refers to a novel network functionality that
   generalizes classic packet-level end-to-end coding.  Classic packet-
   level end-to-end coding helps in the provision of quality of service
   by trading off delay and reliability.  Network coding goes beyond
   that by enabling in-network optimized re-encoding, which can provide
   both throughput gains and diverse network-controlled degrees of
   reliability.  Consequently, a virtualized network coding function can
   serve as a flow engineering tool over virtualized networks (e.g. over
   network slices).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vazquez-nfvrg-netcod-function-virtualization/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vazquez-nfvrg-netcod-function-virtualization-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-vazquez-nfvrg-netcod-function-virtualization-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-vazquez-nfvrg-netcod-function-virtualization-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/