Subject: I-D Action: draft-suthar-icnrg-icn-lte-4g-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 01:20:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Native Deployment of ICN in LTE, 4G Mobile Networks
        Authors         : Prakash Suthar
                          Milan Stolic
                          Anil Jangam
	Filename        : draft-suthar-icnrg-icn-lte-4g-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2017-05-18

Abstract:
   Mobile networks using LTE, 4G technologies are complex. Managing
   mobility and content delivery using IP transport is challenging and
   not optimized for content delivery. IP unicast routing from server to
   clients is used for delivery of multimedia content to User Equipment
   (UE), where each user gets separate stream. From bandwidth and
   routing perspective this approach is inefficient. Multicast and
   broadcast technologies have emerged recently for mobile networks, but
   their deployments are very limited or at an experimental stage due to
   complex architecture and radio spectrum issues. ICN is a rapidly
   emerging technology with built in features for efficient multimedia
   content delivery, however majority of the work is focused either on
   fixed networks or unlicensed WiFi-based wireless networks. The main
   focus of this document is on native deployment of ICN in cellular
   mobile networks by embedding ICN into 3GPP protocol stack at IP
   datagram or replacing IP for non-IP datagrams. ICN has an inherent
   capability for anchorless mobility, security and it is optimized for
   content delivery using local caching at the edge. We believe that ICN
   native or dual stack (with IP) deployment will bring all inherent
   benefits and help in optimizing mobile networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-suthar-icnrg-icn-lte-4g/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-suthar-icnrg-icn-lte-4g-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-suthar-icnrg-icn-lte-4g-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-suthar-icnrg-icn-lte-4g-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/