Subject: I-D Action: draft-worley-alert-info-fsm-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 15:14:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Simpler Method for Resolving Alert-Info URNs
        Author          : Dale R. Worley
	Filename        : draft-worley-alert-info-fsm-08.txt
	Pages           : 43
	Date            : 2017-05-26

Abstract:
   The "alert" namespace of uniform resource names (URNs) can be used in
   the Alert-Info header field of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
   requests and responses to inform a VoIP telephone (user agent) of the
   characteristics of the call that the user agent has originated or
   terminated.  The user agent must resolve the URNs into a signal, that
   is, it must select the best available signal to present to its user
   to indicate the characteristics of the call.  This document describes
   a method by which a user agent's designer can, based on the user
   agent's signals and their meanings, construct a finite state machine
   (FSM) to process the URNs to select a signal in a way that obeys the
   restrictions given in the definition of the "alert" URN namespace.
   In many situations, the resulting FSM is simpler to implement and
   faster than the selection algorithm described in [RFC7462].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-worley-alert-info-fsm/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-worley-alert-info-fsm-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-worley-alert-info-fsm-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-worley-alert-info-fsm-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/