Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-alt-tunnel-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 19:46:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Alternate Tunnel Encapsulation for Data Frames in CAPWAP
        Authors         : Rong Zhang
                          Rajesh S. Pazhyannur
                          Sri Gundavelli
                          Zhen Cao
                          Hui Deng
                          Zongpeng Du
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-alt-tunnel-09.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2017-05-03

Abstract:
   Control and Provisioning of Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP) defines a
   specification to encapsulate a station's data frames between the
   Wireless Transmission Point (WTP) and Access Controller (AC).
   Specifically, the station's IEEE 802.11 data frames can be either
   locally bridged or tunneled to the AC.  When tunneled, a CAPWAP data
   channel is used for tunneling.  In many deployments encapsulating
   data frames to an entity other than the AC (for example to an Access
   Router (AR)) is desirable.  Furthermore, it may also be desirable to
   use different tunnel encapsulation modes between the WTP and the
   Access Router.  This document defines extension to CAPWAP protocol
   for supporting this capability and refers to it as alternate tunnel
   encapsulation.  The alternate tunnel encapsulation allows 1) the WTP
   to tunnel non-management data frames to an endpoint different from
   the AC and 2) the WTP to tunnel using one of many known encapsulation
   types such as IP-IP, IP-GRE, CAPWAP.  The WTP may advertise support
   for alternate tunnel encapsulation during the discovery and join
   process and AC may select one of the supported alternate tunnel
   encapsulation types while configuring the WTP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-alt-tunnel/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-alt-tunnel-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-alt-tunnel-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsawg-capwap-alt-tunnel-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/