Subject: I-D Action: draft-xu-isis-flooding-reduction-in-msdc-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 23:27:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IS-IS Flooding Reduction in MSDC
        Authors         : Xiaohu Xu
                          Erik Auerswald
                          Luyuan Fang
                          Jeff Tantsura
	Filename        : draft-xu-isis-flooding-reduction-in-msdc-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2017-05-03

Abstract:
   IS-IS is commonly used as an underlay routing protocol for MSDC
   (Massively Scalable Data Center) networks.  For a given IS-IS router
   within the CLOS topology, it would receive multiple copies of exactly
   the same LSP from multiple IS-IS neighbors.  In addition, two IS-IS
   neighbors may send each other the same LSP simultaneously.  The
   unneccessary link-state information flooding wastes the precious
   process resource of IS-IS routers greatly due to the fact that there
   are too many IS-IS neighbors for each IS-IS router within the CLOS
   topology.  This document proposes some extensions to IS-IS so as to
   reduce the IS-IS flooding within MSDC networks greatly.  The
   reduction of the IS-IS flooding is much beneficial to improve the
   scalability of MSDC networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xu-isis-flooding-reduction-in-msdc/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xu-isis-flooding-reduction-in-msdc-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-xu-isis-flooding-reduction-in-msdc-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-xu-isis-flooding-reduction-in-msdc-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/