Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 10:32:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments of the IETF.

        Title           : Transmission of IPv6 Packets over IEEE 802.11 Networks in mode Outside the Context of a Basic Service Set (IPv6-over-80211ocb)
        Authors         : Alexandre Petrescu
                          Nabil Benamar
                          Jérôme Härri
                          Christian Huitema
                          Jong-Hyouk Lee
                          Thierry Ernst
                          Tony Li
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-03.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2017-05-29

Abstract:
   In order to transmit IPv6 packets on IEEE 802.11 networks run outside
   the context of a basic service set (OCB, earlier "802.11p") there is
   a need to define a few parameters such as the recommended Maximum
   Transmission Unit size, the header format preceding the IPv6 header,
   the Type value within it, and others.  This document describes these
   parameters for IPv6 and IEEE 802.11 OCB networks; it portrays the
   layering of IPv6 on 802.11 OCB similarly to other known 802.11 and
   Ethernet layers - by using an Ethernet Adaptation Layer.

   In addition, the document attempts to list what is different in
   802.11 OCB (802.11p) compared to more 'traditional' 802.11a/b/g/n
   layers, layers over which IPv6 protocols operates without issues.
   Most notably, the operation outside the context of a BSS (OCB) has
   impact on IPv6 handover behaviour and on IPv6 security.

   An example of an IPv6 packet captured while transmitted over an IEEE
   802.11 OCB link (802.11p) is given.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/