Subject: I-D Action: draft-abad-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 09:01:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Software-Defined Networking (SDN)-based IPsec Flow Protection
        Authors         : Rafa Marin-Lopez
                          Gabriel Lopez-Millan
	Filename        : draft-abad-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection-02.txt
	Pages           : 45
	Date            : 2017-05-02

Abstract:
   This document describes the use case of providing IPsec-based flow
   protection by means of a Software-Defined Network (SDN) controller
   (aka.  Security Controller) and establishes the requirements to
   support this service.  It considers two main well-known scenarios in
   IPsec: (i) gateway-to-gateway and (ii) host-to-host.  This document
   describes a mechanism based on the SDN paradigm to support the
   distribution and monitoring of IPsec information from a SDN
   controller to one or several flow-based Network Security Function
   (NSF).  The NSFs implement IPsec to protect data traffic between
   network resources with IPsec.

   The document focuses in the NSF Facing Interface by providing models
   for Configuration and State data model required to allow the Security
   Controller to configure the IPsec databases (SPD, SAD, PAD) and IKE
   to establish security associations with a reduced intervention of the
   network administrator.  NOTE: State data model will be developed as
   part of this work but it is still TBD.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-abad-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-abad-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-abad-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-abad-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/