Subject: I-D Action: draft-francois-dots-ipv6-signal-option-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 13:33:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 DOTS Signal Option
        Authors         : Jerome Francois
                          Abdelkader Lahmadi
                          Marco Davids
                          Giovane Moura
	Filename        : draft-francois-dots-ipv6-signal-option-02.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2017-05-03

Abstract:
   DOTS client signal using original signal communication channel can
   expect service degradation and even service disruption as any other
   service over Internet but in more severe conditions because the
   signal may have to be transmitted over congested paths due to the
   denial-of-service attack.

   This document specifies a fall-back asynchronous mechanism using an
   intermediate agent to store DOTS signal information during a limited
   period of time.  This mechanism allows a DOTS server to request a
   signal information stored by a DOTS client when no heartbeat is
   received from the DOTS client.  This intermediate agent called DOTS
   Signal Repository have to be connected to the DOTS client and server
   independently.  The repository must be located and/or reached through
   one or multiple network paths, preferably as most as possible
   disjoint from regular signal channel, in order to increase its
   reachability.  The document introduces a set of support protocols to
   build the asynchronous communication between the DOTS cient, server
   and the repository.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-francois-dots-ipv6-signal-option/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-francois-dots-ipv6-signal-option-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-francois-dots-ipv6-signal-option-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-francois-dots-ipv6-signal-option-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/