Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-urnbis-ns-reg-transition-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 05:29:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Uniform Resource Names, Revised of the IETF.

        Title           : Uniform Resource Name (URN) Namespace Registration Transition
        Authors         : John C Klensin
                          Juha Hakala
	Filename        : draft-ietf-urnbis-ns-reg-transition-07.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2017-05-09

Abstract:
   The original registration procedure for formal Uniform Resource Name
   (URN) namespaces required IETF Consensus.  That requirement
   discouraged some registrations and increased the risk for problems
   that could occur as a result.  The requirements have now been changed
   by RFC 8141, which adopts a different model, focusing on encouraging
   registration and publication of information for all appropriate
   namespaces.  This document clarifies that status of relevant older
   RFCs and advises IANA about selected existing registrations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-urnbis-ns-reg-transition/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-urnbis-ns-reg-transition-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-urnbis-ns-reg-transition-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-urnbis-ns-reg-transition-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/