Subject: I-D Action: draft-dkg-dprive-demux-dns-http-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 10:05:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Demultiplexing Streamed DNS from HTTP
        Author          : Daniel Kahn Gillmor
	Filename        : draft-dkg-dprive-demux-dns-http-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2017-05-03

Abstract:
   DNS over TCP and traditional HTTP are both stream-oriented, client-
   speaks-first protocols.  They can both be run over a stream-based
   security protocol like TLS.  A server accepting a stream-based client
   can distinguish between a valid stream of DNS queries and valid
   stream of HTTP requests by simple observation of the first few octets
   sent by the client.  This can be done without any external
   demultiplexing mechanism like TCP port number or ALPN.

   Implicit multiplexing of the two protocols over a single listening
   port can be useful for obscuring the presence of DNS queries from a
   network observer, which makes it relevant for DNS privacy.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dkg-dprive-demux-dns-http/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dkg-dprive-demux-dns-http-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dkg-dprive-demux-dns-http-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dkg-dprive-demux-dns-http-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/