Subject: I-D Action: draft-lazzeri-pce-residual-bw-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 08:26:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Extensions to the Path Computation Element Protocol (PCEP) for residual path bandwidth support
        Authors         : Francesco Lazzeri
                          Daniele Ceccarelli
                          Young Lee
	Filename        : draft-lazzeri-pce-residual-bw-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2017-05-12

Abstract:
     The ability of a hierarchy of PCEs to compute accurate end-to-end
   paths across multiple domains is recognized as an important
   requirement in many applications.
      This document describes extensions to the PCE Communication
   Protocol (PCEP) in order to provide new path-related bandwidth
   metrics, which a PCC, like a H-PCE (either stateful or stateless),
   can use from an erstwhile path computation to deploy multiple LSPs
   (having the same end-points and constraints) without additional
   requests, until either the remaining bandwidth along that path is
   all allocated or a deployment fails.
      This information would also be beneficial for implementing
   abstractions of the domain topology, building the abstract
   connectivity incrementally, based only on really used constraints,
   as soon as path computation results are returned.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lazzeri-pce-residual-bw/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lazzeri-pce-residual-bw-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lazzeri-pce-residual-bw-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/