Subject: I-D Action: draft-hardie-path-signals-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 17:03:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Path signals
        Author          : Ted Hardie
	Filename        : draft-hardie-path-signals-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2017-05-02

Abstract:
   TCP's state mechanics uses a series of well-known messages that are
   exchanged in the clear.  Because these are visible to network
   elements on the path between the two nodes setting up the transport
   connection, they are often used as signals by those network elements.
   In transports that do not exchange these messages in the clear, on-
   path network elements lack those signals.  This document discusses
   the nature of the signals as they are seen by on-path elements and
   reflects on best practices for transports which encrypt their state
   mechanics.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hardie-path-signals/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hardie-path-signals-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hardie-path-signals-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hardie-path-signals-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/