Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc6040update-shim-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 04:13:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Propagating Explicit Congestion Notification Across IP Tunnel Headers Separated by a Shim
        Author          : Bob Briscoe
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc6040update-shim-03.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2017-06-27

Abstract:
   RFC 6040 on "Tunnelling of Explicit Congestion Notification" made the
   rules for propagation of ECN consistent for all forms of IP in IP
   tunnel.  This specification updates RFC 6040 to clarify that its
   scope includes tunnels where two IP headers are separated by at least
   one shim header that is not sufficient on its own for wide area
   packet forwarding.  It surveys widely deployed IP tunnelling
   protocols separated by such shim header(s) and updates the
   specifications of those that do not mention ECN propagation (L2TPv2,
   L2TPv3, GRE and Teredo).  This specification also updates RFC 6040
   with configuration requirements needed to make any legacy tunnel
   ingress safe.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc6040update-shim/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc6040update-shim-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc6040update-shim-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc6040update-shim-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/