Subject: I-D Action: draft-sambo-opsawg-ccamp-supa-ext-yang-fsm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 04:19:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Extending YANG for events, actions, and finite state machine
        Authors         : Nicola Sambo
                          Matteo Dallaglio
                          Piero Castoldi
                          Giuseppe Fioccola
                          Andrea Di Giglio
                          Filippo Cugini
                          Giacomo Bernini
                          Pietro G. Giardina
	Filename        : draft-sambo-opsawg-ccamp-supa-ext-yang-fsm-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2017-06-28

Abstract:
   Network operators and service providers are facing the challenge of
   deployment of systems from different vendors while looking for a
   trade-off among transmission performance, network device reuse, and
   capital expenditure without the need of being tied to single vendor
   equipment.  The deployment and operation of more dynamic and
   programmable transport optical network infrastructures can be driven
   by adopting model-driven and software-defined control and management
   paradigms.  In this context, YANG enables to compile a set of
   consistent vendor-neutral data models for optical networks and
   components based on actual operational needs emerging from
   heterogeneous use cases.  This document extends YANG from data to
   functional modeling in order to describe events, operations, and
   finite state machine of YANG-defined network elements.  The proposed
   models can be applied in the context of optical networks to pre-
   instruct data plane devices (e.g., an optical transponder) on the
   actions to be performed (e.g., code adaptation) in case some events,
   such as physical layer degradations, occur.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sambo-opsawg-ccamp-supa-ext-yang-fsm/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sambo-opsawg-ccamp-supa-ext-yang-fsm-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sambo-opsawg-ccamp-supa-ext-yang-fsm-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/