Subject: I-D Action: draft-claise-semver-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 05:42:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Semantic Versioning and Structure for IETF Specifications
        Authors         : Benoit Claise
                          Richard Barnes
                          Joe Clarke
	Filename        : draft-claise-semver-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2017-06-20

Abstract:
   In the Internet engineering ecosystem, there is increasingly a need
   for specifications that evolve over time, and are encoded directly in
   structured formats (e.g., YANG models).  Internet-Drafts are a poor
   fit for working groups that want to produce structured
   specifications, and publishing versions of an evolving specification
   as RFC makes it difficult to track the specification over time.  This
   document outlines recommendations for how working groups can provide
   semantic versioning for, and work directly on, structured documents
   while still fitting within established IETF processes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-claise-semver/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-claise-semver-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-claise-semver-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/