Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-opsawg-ipfix-extended-message-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 20:55:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Extended Length Message Support for IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX)
        Authors         : Zhenqiang Li
                          Paul Aitken
	Filename        : draft-li-opsawg-ipfix-extended-message-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2017-06-30

Abstract:
   The specification of the IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX) Protocol
   [RFC7011] defines an IPFIX Message length of 16 bits.  As new
   Information Elements (IEs) are introduced in IPFIX to export long
   information, such as the BGP community information
   [I-D.ietf-opsawg-ipfix-bgp-community], an IPFIX Message no longer has
   sufficient space to fit all the information of a specific flow.  This
   document updates the IPFIX specification by extending the IPFIX
   Message length from 16 bits to 32 bits.  For backwards compatibility,
   a new version of IPFIX (i.e., 11) is introduced to support the 32-bit
   Message length.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-opsawg-ipfix-extended-message/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-opsawg-ipfix-extended-message-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-opsawg-ipfix-extended-message-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/