Subject: I-D Action: draft-mglt-ipsecme-implicit-iv-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 07:36:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions of the IETF.

        Title           : Implicit IV for Counter-based Ciphers in IPsec
        Authors         : Daniel Migault
                          Tobias Guggemos
                          Yoav Nir
	Filename        : draft-mglt-ipsecme-implicit-iv-03.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2017-06-21

Abstract:
   IPsec ESP sends an initialization vector (IV) or nonce in each
   packet, adding 8 or 16 octets.  Some algorithms such as AES-GCM, AES-
   CCM, AES-CTR and ChaCha20-Poly1305 require a unique nonce but do not
   require an unpredictable nonce.  When using such algorithms the
   packet counter value can be used to generate a nonce, saving 8 octets
   per packet.  This document describes how to do this.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mglt-ipsecme-implicit-iv/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mglt-ipsecme-implicit-iv-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mglt-ipsecme-implicit-iv-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mglt-ipsecme-implicit-iv-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/