Subject: I-D Action: draft-eckert-bier-te-frr-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 01:27:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Fast ReRoute (FRR) Extensions for BIER-TE
        Authors         : Toerless Eckert
                          Gregory Cauchie
                          Wolfgang Braun
                          Michael Menth
	Filename        : draft-eckert-bier-te-frr-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2017-06-21

Abstract:
   This document proposes an Fast ReRoute (FRR) extension to the BIER-TE
   Architecture [I-D.eckert-bier-te-arch].  The FRR procedure has to be
   supported by the BIER-TE Controller host and the BFRs that are
   attached to a link/adjacency for which FRR support is required.
   Thus, the FRR concept can be incrementally deployed in the data plane
   to only those BFR adjacent to adjacencies for which FRR protection is
   desired.

   The FRR procedure does not require changes to the packet format
   described in [I-D.ietf-bier-architecture] that is also used for BIER-
   TE.  Existing BIER-TE tables do not have to be altered.  FRR
   procedures do require additional forwarding plane logic on the BFR
   that need to support FRR.

   An additional table is needed that carries information about pre-
   computed backup paths.  This table is used to modify upon detection
   of failure the bitstring in the BIER header.  To prevent packet
   duplicates, tunneling mechanisms such as remote adjacencies or BIER-
   in-BIER encapsulation can be leveraged.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eckert-bier-te-frr/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-eckert-bier-te-frr-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-eckert-bier-te-frr-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-eckert-bier-te-frr-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/