Subject: I-D Action: draft-bryant-mpls-unified-ip-sr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 09:57:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Unified Approach to IP Segment Routing
        Authors         : Stewart Bryant
                          Xiaohu Xu
                          Mach Chen
                          Adrian Farrel
                          John Drake
	Filename        : draft-bryant-mpls-unified-ip-sr-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2017-06-28

Abstract:
   Segment routing is a new and powerful forwarding paradigm that allows
   packets to be steered through a network on paths other than the
   shortest path derived from the routing protocol.  The approach uses
   information encoded in the packet header and does not make use of a
   signaling protocol to pre-install paths in the network.

   Two different encapsulations have been defined to enable segment
   routing in an MPLS network and in an IPv6 network.  While
   acknowledging that there is a strong need to support segment routing
   in both environments, this document defines a converged, unified
   approach to segment routing that enables a single mechanism to be
   applied in both types of network.  The resulting approach is also
   applicable to IPv4 networks without the need for any changes to the
   IPv4 specification.

   This document makes no changes to the segment routing architecture
   and builds on existing protocol mechanisms such as the encapsulation
   of MPLS within UDP defined in RFC 7510.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bryant-mpls-unified-ip-sr/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bryant-mpls-unified-ip-sr-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bryant-mpls-unified-ip-sr-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/