Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-opsawg-dnp4iq-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 20:54:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Requirements for Interactive Query with Dynamic Network Probes
        Authors         : Haoyu Song
                          Jun Gong
	Filename        : draft-song-opsawg-dnp4iq-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2017-06-19

Abstract:
   This document discusses the motivation and requirements for
   supporting interactive network queries and data collection through a
   mechanism called Dynamic Network Probes (DNP).  Network applications
   and OAM have various data requirements from the data plane.  The
   unpredictable and interactive nature of the query for network data
   analytics asks for dynamic and on-demand data collection
   capabilities.  As user programmable and configurable data plane is
   becoming a reality, it can be extended to support interactive query
   through DNPs.  DNP supports node, path, and flow-based data
   preprocessing and collection.  For example, in-situ OAM (iOAM) with
   user-defined flow-based data collection can be programmed and
   configured through DNP.  DNPs serve as a building block of an
   integrated network data telemetry and analytics platform which
   involves the network data plane as an active component for user-
   defined data collection and preparation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-opsawg-dnp4iq/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-opsawg-dnp4iq-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-opsawg-dnp4iq-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-song-opsawg-dnp4iq-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/