Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-cfrg-re-keying-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 04:30:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Crypto Forum of the IETF.

        Title           : Re-keying Mechanisms for Symmetric Keys
        Author          : Stanislav Smyshlyaev
	Filename        : draft-irtf-cfrg-re-keying-03.txt
	Pages           : 46
	Date            : 2017-06-20

Abstract:
   If encryption is performed under a single key, there is a certain
   maximum threshold amount of data that can be safely encrypted.  This
   amount is called key lifetime.  This specification contains a
   description of a variety of methods to increase the lifetime of
   symmetric keys.  It provides external and internal re-keying
   mechanisms based on hash functions and on block ciphers that can be
   used with such modes of operations as CTR, GCM, CCM, CBC, CFB, OFB
   and OMAC.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-cfrg-re-keying/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-cfrg-re-keying-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-cfrg-re-keying-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-cfrg-re-keying-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/