Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-opsa-dnp4iq-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 10:22:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Requirements for Interactive Query with Dynamic Network Probes
        Authors         : Haoyu Song
                          Jun Gong
                          Hongfei Chen
	Filename        : draft-song-opsa-dnp4iq-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2017-06-15

Abstract:
   This document discusses the motivation and requirements for
   supporting interactive network queries and data collection through a
   mechanism called Dynamic Network Probes (DNP).  Network applications
   and OAM have various data requirements from the data plane.  The
   unpredictable and interactive nature of the query for network data
   analytics asks for dynamic and on-demand data collection
   capabilities.  As user programmable data plane is becoming a reality,
   it can be enhanced to support interactive query through DNPs.  DNP
   supports node, path, and flow-based data preprocessing and
   collection.  For example, in-situ OAM (iOAM) with user-defined flow-
   based data collection can be programmed and configured through DNP.
   DNPs serve as a building block of an integrated network data
   telemetry and analytics platform which involves the network data
   plane as an active component for user-defined data collection and
   preparation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-opsa-dnp4iq/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-opsa-dnp4iq-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-opsa-dnp4iq-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/