Subject: I-D Action: draft-templin-6man-aeroaddr-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2017 08:37:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The AERO Address
        Author          : Fred L. Templin
	Filename        : draft-templin-6man-aeroaddr-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2017-06-05

Abstract:
   IPv6 interfaces are required to have a link-local address that is
   unique on the link.  Nodes normally derive a link local address
   through the use of IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration (SLAAC)
   along with Duplicate Address Detection (DAD).  This document presents
   a method for a node to construct a link-local address that is assured
   to be unique on the link when the node has already received a
   delegated prefix.  This is through the construction of a link-local
   address format known as the AERO address.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-6man-aeroaddr/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-templin-6man-aeroaddr-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-templin-6man-aeroaddr-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/