Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-next-hop-capability-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 07:00:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing of the IETF.

        Title           : BGP Next-Hop dependant capabilities
        Authors         : Bruno Decraene
                          Kireeti Kompella
                          Wim Henderickx
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-next-hop-capability-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2017-06-16

Abstract:
   RFC 5492 defines capabilities advertisement for the BGP peer.  In
   addition, it is useful to be able to advertise BGP Next-Hop dependant
   capabilities, in particular for forwarding plane features.  RFC 5492
   is not applicable because the BGP peer may be different from the BGP
   Next-Hop, in particular when BGP Route Reflection is used.  This
   document defines a mechanism to advertise such BGP Next Hop dependant
   Capabilities.

   This document defines a new BGP non-transitive attribute to carry
   Next-Hop Capabilities.  This attribute is deleted or possibly
   modified when the BGP Next Hop is changed.

   This document also defines a Next-Hop capability to advertise the
   ability to handle the MPLS Entropy Label defined in RFC 6790.  It
   updates RFC 6790 with regard to this BGP signaling.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-next-hop-capability/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-next-hop-capability-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-next-hop-capability-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/