Subject: I-D Action: draft-urien-uta-tls-dtls-security-module-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2017 00:12:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TLS and DTLS Security Modules
        Author          : Pascal Urien
	Filename        : draft-urien-uta-tls-dtls-security-module-04.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2017-06-09

Abstract:
   Security and trust are very critical topics in the context of the
   anywhere, anytime, anything internet connectivity. TLS and DTLS are
   two major IETF protocols widely used to secure IP exchanges.
   According to CoAP, DTLS is the protocol used by constraint nodes in
   the Internet of Things (IoT) context.

   In this draft we specify an ISO7816 interface for TLS and DTLS
   secure modules based on ISO7816 secure chips, which are today
   manufactured per billions every year.

   Secure elements are cheap secure microcontrollers whose size is
   about 25mm2 and whose security is ranked by evaluations typically
   according to Common Criteria (CC) standards.

   The support of TLS and DTLS is based on the EAP-TLS protocol, and
   the IETF draft "EAP Support in smartcard" describing EAP-TLS support
   for secure elements. First implementation demonstrates that such low
   cost security modules are realistic, with a setup time for handshake
   completion under the second.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-urien-uta-tls-dtls-security-module/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-urien-uta-tls-dtls-security-module-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-urien-uta-tls-dtls-security-module-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-urien-uta-tls-dtls-security-module-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/