Subject: I-D Action: draft-freytag-lager-variant-rules-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2017 13:00:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Guidance on Designing Label Generation Rulesets (LGR) Supporting Variant Labels
        Author          : Asmus Freytag
	Filename        : draft-freytag-lager-variant-rules-06.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2017-06-09

Abstract:
   Rules for validating identifier labels and alternate representations
   of those labels (variants) are known as "Label Generation Rulesets"
   (LGRs); they are used for the implementation of identifier systems
   such as Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs).  This document
   describes ways of designing Label Generation Rulesets (LGRs) that
   support variant labels.  In designing LGRs, it is important to ensure
   that the label generation rules are consistent and well-behaved in
   the presence of variants.  The design decisions can then be expressed
   using the XML representation of LGRs that is defined in RFC7940.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-freytag-lager-variant-rules/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-freytag-lager-variant-rules-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-freytag-lager-variant-rules-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-freytag-lager-variant-rules-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/