Subject: I-D Action: draft-wkumari-dnsop-hammer-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 06:35:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Highly Automated Method for Maintaining Expiring Records
        Authors         : Warren Kumari
                          Roy Arends
                          Suzanne Woolf
                          Daniel Migault
	Filename        : draft-wkumari-dnsop-hammer-03.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2017-06-28

Abstract:
   This document describes a simple DNS cache optimization which keeps
   the most popular Resource Records set (RRset) in the DNS cache:
   Highly Automated Method for Maintaining Expiring Records (HAMMER).

   The principle is that popular RRset in the cache are fetched, that is
   to say resolved before their TTL expires and flushed.  By fetching
   RRset before they are being queried by an end user, that is to say
   prefetched, HAMMER is expected to improve the quality of experience
   of the end users as well as to optimize the resources involved in
   large DNSSEC resolving platforms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wkumari-dnsop-hammer/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wkumari-dnsop-hammer-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wkumari-dnsop-hammer-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wkumari-dnsop-hammer-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/