Subject: I-D Action: draft-bormann-cbor-time-tag-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 11:33:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) Tags for Time, Duration, and Period
        Authors         : Carsten Bormann
                          Ben Gamari
                          Henk Birkholz
	Filename        : draft-bormann-cbor-time-tag-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2017-06-14

Abstract:
   The Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR, RFC 7049) is a data
   format whose design goals include the possibility of extremely small
   code size, fairly small message size, and extensibility without the
   need for version negotiation.

   In CBOR, one point of extensibility is the definition of CBOR tags.
   RFC 7049 defines two tags for time: CBOR tag 0 (RFC3339 time) and tag
   1 (Posix time [TIME_T], int or float).  Since then, additional
   requirements have become known.  The present document defines a CBOR
   tag for time that allows a more elaborate representation of time, and
   anticipates the definition of related CBOR tags for duration and time
   period.  It is intended as the reference document for the IANA
   registration of the CBOR tags defined.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-cbor-time-tag/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-cbor-time-tag-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bormann-cbor-time-tag-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bormann-cbor-time-tag-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/