Subject: I-D Action: draft-linkova-v6ops-conditional-ras-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 23:04:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Using Conditional Router Advertisements for Enterprise Multihoming
        Author          : Jen Linkova
	Filename        : draft-linkova-v6ops-conditional-ras-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2017-06-14

Abstract:
   This document discusses most common scenarios of connecting an
   enterprise network to multiple ISPs using provider aggregatable
   address space (PA).  The problem of enterprise multihoming without
   address translation of any form has not been solved yet as it
   requires both the network to select the correct egress ISP based on
   the packet source address and hosts to select the correct source
   address based on the desired egress ISP for that traffic.
   [I-D.ietf-rtgwg-enterprise-pa-multihoming] proposes a solution to
   this problem by introducing a new routing functionality (Source
   Address Dependent Routing) to solve the uplink selection issue and
   using Router Advertisements to influence the host source address
   selection.  While the above-mentioned document focus is on solving
   the general problem and to cover various complex use cases, this
   document describes how the solution proposed in
   [I-D.ietf-rtgwg-enterprise-pa-multihoming] can be adopted for limited
   number of common use cases.  In particular the focus is on scenarios
   when a enterprise network has two Internet uplinks used either in
   primary/backup mode or simultaniously and hosts in that network might
   not yet properly support multihoming as described in [RFC8028].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-linkova-v6ops-conditional-ras/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-linkova-v6ops-conditional-ras-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-linkova-v6ops-conditional-ras-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/