Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-multilevel-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 09:47:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links of the IETF.

        Title           : Alternatives for Multilevel TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
        Authors         : Radia Perlman
                          Donald Eastlake
                          Mingui Zhang
                          Anoop Ghanwani
                          Hongjun Zhai
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-multilevel-06.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2017-06-16

Abstract:
   Although TRILL is based on IS-IS, which supports multilevel unicast
   routing, extending TRILL to multiple levels has challenges that are
   not addressed by the already-existing capabilities of IS-IS.  One
   issue is with the handling of multi-destination packet distribution
   trees. Other issues are with TRILL switch nicknames. How are such
   nicknames allocated across a multilevel TRILL network? Do nicknames
   need to be unique across an entire multilevel TRILL network or can
   they merely be unique within each multilevel area?

   This informational document enumerates and examines alternatives
   based on a number of factors including backward compatibility,
   simplicity, and scalability and makes recommendations in some cases.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-multilevel/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-multilevel-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-multilevel-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-multilevel-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/