Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-dh-group-exchange-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 06:14:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the CURves, Deprecating and a Little more Encryption of the IETF.

        Title           : Increase SSH minimum recommended DH modulus size to 2048 bits
        Authors         : Loganaden Velvindron
                          Mark D. Baushke
	Filename        : draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-dh-group-exchange-03.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2017-06-21

Abstract:
   The Diffie-Hellman (DH) Group Exchange for the Secure Shell (SSH)
   Transport layer Protocol specifies that servers and clients should
   support groups with a modulus length of k bits, where the recommended
   minumum value is 1024 bits.  Recent security research has shown that
   a minimum value of 1024 bits is insufficient against state-sponsored
   actors.  As such, this document formally updates the specification
   such that the minimum recommended value for k is 2048 bits and the
   group size is 2048 bits at minimum.  This RFC updates RFC4419 which
   allowed for DH moduli less than 2048 bits.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-dh-group-exchange/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-dh-group-exchange-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-dh-group-exchange-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-dh-group-exchange-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/