Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-ippm-ioam-scalability-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:27:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : On Scalability of In-situ OAM
        Authors         : Haoyu Song
                          Tianran Zhou
	Filename        : draft-song-ippm-ioam-scalability-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2017-06-27

Abstract:
   This document describes several potential scalability issues when
   implementing in-situ OAM based on the current in-situ OAM documents
   and proposes the corresponding solutions and modifications to the
   current in-situ OAM specification.  Specifically, we extend in-situ
   OAM to support more standard tracing data than is currently defined
   and add new features to avoid limitations on MTU, bandwidth,
   forwarding path length, and node processing capability.  We provide
   use cases to motivate our proposal and base the changes on the
   current in-situ OAM header format specification.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-ippm-ioam-scalability/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-ippm-ioam-scalability-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-ippm-ioam-scalability-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-song-ippm-ioam-scalability-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/