Subject: I-D Action: draft-tenoever-hrpc-association-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:53:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Freedom of Association on the Internet
        Authors         : Niels ten Oever
                          Gisela Perez de Acha
	Filename        : draft-tenoever-hrpc-association-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2017-06-22

Abstract:
   This document aims to scope the relation between Internet protocols
   and the rights to freedom of assembly and association.  The Internet
   increasingly mediates our lives and our ability to excercise human
   rights.  Since Internet protocols play a central role in the
   management, development and use of the Internet, the relation between
   the mentioned rights should be documented and adverse impacts should
   be mitigated.  As there have been methods of protest on the Internet
   -a form of freedom of assembly- that have proven to be harmful to
   connectivity and infrastructure, such as DDoS attacks, this text aims
   to document forms of protest, association and assembly that do not
   have a negative impact on the Internet infrastructure.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tenoever-hrpc-association/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tenoever-hrpc-association-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-tenoever-hrpc-association-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tenoever-hrpc-association-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/