Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-resilient-trees-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2017 00:20:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links of the IETF.

        Title           : TRILL: Resilient Distribution Trees
        Authors         : Mingui Zhang
                          Tissa Senevirathne
                          Janardhanan Pathangi
                          Ayan Banerjee
                          Anoop Ghanwani
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-resilient-trees-08.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2017-06-09

Abstract:
   The TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) protocol
   provides multicast data forwarding based on IS-IS link state routing.
   Distribution trees are computed based on the link state information
   through Shortest Path First calculation. When a link on the
   distribution tree fails, a campus-wide re-convergence of this
   distribution tree will take place, which can be time consuming and
   may cause considerable disruption to the ongoing multicast service.

   This document specifies how to build backup distribution trees to
   protect links on the primary distribution tree. Since the backup
   distribution tree is built up ahead of the link failure, when a link
   on the primary distribution tree fails, the pre-installed backup
   forwarding table will be utilized to deliver multicast packets
   without waiting for the campus-wide re-convergence. This minimizes
   the service disruption. This document updates RFC 6325.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-resilient-trees/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-resilient-trees-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-trill-resilient-trees-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-resilient-trees-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/