Subject: I-D Action: draft-birk-pep-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 19:59:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : pretty Easy privacy (pEp): Privacy by Default
        Authors         : Volker Birk
                          Hernani Marques
                          Shelburn
                          Sandro Koechli
	Filename        : draft-birk-pep-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2017-06-28

Abstract:
   Building on already available security formats and message transports
   (like PGP/MIME for email), pretty Easy privacy (pEp) describes
   protocols to automatize operations (key management, key discovery,
   private key handling including peer-to-peer synchronization of
   private keys and other user data across devices) that have been seen
   to be barriers to deployment of end-to-end secure interpersonal
   messaging.  pEp also introduces "Trustwords" (instead of
   fingerprints) to verify communication peers and proposes a trust
   rating system to denote secure types of communications and signal the
   privacy level available on a per-user and per-message level.  In this
   document, the general design choices and principles of pEp are
   outlined.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-birk-pep/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-birk-pep-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-birk-pep-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/