Subject: I-D Action: draft-thomson-postel-was-wrong-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 06:29:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Harmful Consequences of Postel's Maxim
        Author          : Martin Thomson
	Filename        : draft-thomson-postel-was-wrong-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2017-06-12

Abstract:
   Jon Postel's famous statement in RFC 1122 of "Be liberal in what you
   accept, and conservative in what you send" - is a principle that has
   long guided the design of Internet protocols and implementations of
   those protocols.  The posture this statement advocates might promote
   interoperability in the short term, but that short-term advantage is
   outweighed by negative consequences that affect the long-term
   maintenance of a protocol and its ecosystem.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thomson-postel-was-wrong/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thomson-postel-was-wrong-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-thomson-postel-was-wrong-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-thomson-postel-was-wrong-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/