Subject: I-D Action: draft-klensin-dns-function-considerations-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 09:06:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DNS Privacy, Authorization, Special Uses, Encoding, Characters, Matching, and Root Structure: Time for Another Look?
        Author          : John C Klensin
	Filename        : draft-klensin-dns-function-considerations-03.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2017-06-26

Abstract:
   The basic design of the Domain Name System was completed almost 30
   years ago.  The last half of that period has been characterized by
   significant changes in requirements and expectations, some of which
   either require changes to how the DNS is used or that can be
   accommodated only poorly or not at all.  This document asks the
   question of whether it is time to either redesign and replace the DNS
   to match contemporary requirements and expectations (rather than
   continuing to try to design and implement incremental patches that
   are not fully satisfactory) or to draw some clear lines about
   functionality that is not really needed or that should be performed
   in some other way.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-klensin-dns-function-considerations/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-klensin-dns-function-considerations-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-klensin-dns-function-considerations-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-klensin-dns-function-considerations-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/