Subject: I-D Action: draft-muks-dnsop-dns-opportunistic-refresh-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 13:41:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DNS Opportunistic Refresh for Resolvers
        Authors         : Mukund Sivaraman
                          Shane Kerr
                          Stephen Morris
	Filename        : draft-muks-dnsop-dns-opportunistic-refresh-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2017-06-30

Abstract:
   This document describes a mechanism whereby a DNS resolver can
   opportunistically refresh the TTLs of cached records of a zone using
   serial number information carried in responses from the zone's
   nameservers.  As well as improving resolver response time by reducing
   the need to make upstream queries, the mechanism can also reduce the
   workload of authoritative servers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-muks-dnsop-dns-opportunistic-refresh/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-muks-dnsop-dns-opportunistic-refresh-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-muks-dnsop-dns-opportunistic-refresh-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/