Subject: I-D Action: draft-gao-alto-routing-state-abstraction-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 02:55:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Recommendation for Compressing ALTO Path Vector
        Authors         : Kai Gao
                          Xin (Tony) Wang
                          Chen Gu
                          Y. Richard Yang
                          G. Robert Chen
	Filename        : draft-gao-alto-routing-state-abstraction-04.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2017-06-27

Abstract:
   The path vector extension [I-D.ietf-alto-path-vector] has extended
   the original ALTO protocol [RFC7285] with the ability to represent
   not only end-to-end metrics but also information about shared link
   risk groups (SLRG).

   However, straw man algorithms to compute ALTO path vector can contain
   redundant information and result in unnecessary communication
   overhead.  The situation gets even worse when certain ALTO extensions
   are enabled, for example, the incremental extension
   [I-D.ietf-alto-incr-update-sse] which continuously pushes data
   changes to ALTO clients.

   In this document, an algorithm is described which can effectively
   reduce the communication overhead while still containing the same
   information as in the original path vector.  The algorithm is fully
   compatible with the path vector extension and has several by-products
   which can be leveraged by other extensions to achieve better
   performance.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gao-alto-routing-state-abstraction/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gao-alto-routing-state-abstraction-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gao-alto-routing-state-abstraction-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gao-alto-routing-state-abstraction-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/