Subject: I-D Action: draft-kaliraj-bess-bgp-sig-private-mpls-labels-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 17:48:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP signalled private MPLS-labels
        Authors         : Kaliraj Vairavakkalai
                          Minto Jeyananth
	Filename        : draft-kaliraj-bess-bgp-sig-private-mpls-labels-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2017-06-22

Abstract:
   The MPLS-forwarding-layer in a core network is a shared resource.
   The MPLS FIB at nodes in this layer contains labels that are
   dynamically allocated and locally significant at that node.

   For some usecases like upstream-label-allocation, it is useful to be
   able to create virtual private MPLS-forwarding-layers over this
   shared MPLS-forwarding-layer.  This allows installing deterministic
   private label-values in the private-FIBs created at nodes
   participating in this private MPLS forwarding-layer, while preserving
   the "locally significant" nature of the underlying shared 'public'
   MPLS-forwarding-layer.

   This specification describes the procedures to create such virtual
   private MPLS-forwarding layers (private MPLS-planes) using a new BGP
   family.  And gives a few example use-cases on how this private
   forwarding-layers can be used.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kaliraj-bess-bgp-sig-private-mpls-labels/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kaliraj-bess-bgp-sig-private-mpls-labels-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kaliraj-bess-bgp-sig-private-mpls-labels-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/