Subject: I-D Action: draft-lewis-domain-names-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 08:15:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Domain Names, A Case for Clarifying
        Author          : Edward Lewis
	Filename        : draft-lewis-domain-names-08.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2017-06-28

Abstract:
   This document researches the origin of the term Domain Name in the
   Request for Comments document series, documenting that the term did
   not originate in the documents defining the Domain Name System.  The
   document describes how the term came to be used, how the DNS
   followed, and surveys the diverse ways Domain Names have been
   interpreted within various protocols over time.  The purpose of this
   is to give a solid foundation for work on Domain Names across all
   protocols making use of Domain Names.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lewis-domain-names/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lewis-domain-names-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lewis-domain-names-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lewis-domain-names-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/