Subject: I-D Action: draft-tiesel-taps-socketintents-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 08:40:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Socket Intents
        Authors         : Philipp S. Tiesel
                          Theresa Enghardt
	Filename        : draft-tiesel-taps-socketintents-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2017-06-15

Abstract:
   This document outlines an API-independent concept that allows
   applications to share their knowledge about upcoming communication
   and express their performance preferences in a portable and abstract
   way: Socket Intents.  Socket Intents express what an application
   knows, assumes, expects or wants to prioritize regarding its own
   network communication.  The information provided by Socket Intents
   should be taken into account by the network stack in a best-effort
   way.

   Socket Intent can be used to stem against the complexity and make use
   of multiple provisioning domains as well as new transport protocols
   and features available to a larger user base by expressing the
   applications intents in an abstract and portable way.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tiesel-taps-socketintents/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tiesel-taps-socketintents-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-tiesel-taps-socketintents-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/