Subject: I-D Action: draft-wang-tcpm-low-latency-opt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2017 14:54:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TCP Low Latency Option
        Authors         : Wei Wang
                          Neal Cardwell
                          Yuchung Cheng
                          Eric Dumazet
	Filename        : draft-wang-tcpm-low-latency-opt-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2017-06-08

Abstract:
   This document specifies the TCP Low Latency option, which TCP
   connections can use during the connection establishment handshake to
   communicate extra parameters that can improve performance in low-
   latency environments.  With the first such parameter, a TCP data
   receiver can advertise a hint about the Maximum ACK Delay (MAD) it
   will schedule for its own delayed ACK mechanism.  This enables the
   TCP data sender to achieve lower latencies during loss recovery by
   using the Maximum ACK Delay advertised by the remote receiver to help
   compute retransmission timeouts that are potentially much lower than
   would otherwise be feasible.  The Low Latency option is extensible,
   and later versions of this draft will introduce other mechanisms,
   including TCP timestamps with a finer granularity than those
   supported by RFC 7323.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-tcpm-low-latency-opt/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-tcpm-low-latency-opt-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wang-tcpm-low-latency-opt-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/