Subject: I-D Action: draft-luis140219-curdle-rc4-die-die-die-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2017 14:14:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Prohibiting RC4 in all IETF Protocols
        Author          : Luis Camara
	Filename        : draft-luis140219-curdle-rc4-die-die-die-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2017-06-17

Abstract:
   RC4 is extremely weak as shown by RFC 6649 and RFC 7457, is
   prohibited in TLS by RFC 7465, is prohibited in Kerberos by RFC xxxx
   and it needs to be prohibited in all IETF protocols. Documents that
   provide technology that can only use RC4 are obsoleted by this
   document, so this document obsoletes and moves to Historic RFC 3078
   "Microsoft Point-to-Point Encryption (MPPE) Protocol" (only supports
   RC4), RFC 4345 "Improved Arcfour Modes for the Secure Shell (SSH)
   Transport Layer Protocol" (note Arcfour and RC4 are synonymous),
   RFC 4757 "The RC4-HMAC Kerberos Encryption Types Used by Microsoft
   Windows" (only supports RC4) and RFC 6229 "Test Vectors for the
   Stream Cipher RC4" (provides test vectors for historic cryptography).
   RFC 2118, RFC 3961, RFC 4120, RFC 4253, RFC 6150, RFC 6649, RFC 7457,
   RFC 7905 and RFC xxxx are updated to note the deprecation of RC4 in
   all IETF protocols. (Please do not confuse RFC 4757 with RFC 7457.)

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-luis140219-curdle-rc4-die-die-die/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-luis140219-curdle-rc4-die-die-die-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-luis140219-curdle-rc4-die-die-die-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-luis140219-curdle-rc4-die-die-die-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/