Subject: I-D Action: draft-freytag-troublesome-characters-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 17:09:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Those Troublesome Characters: A Registry of Unicode Code Points Needing Special Consideration When Used in Network Identifiers
        Authors         : Asmus Freytag
                          John C Klensin
                          Andrew Sullivan
	Filename        : draft-freytag-troublesome-characters-01.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2017-06-30

Abstract:
   Unicode's design goal is to be the universal character set for all
   applications.  The goal entails the inclusion of very large numbers
   of characters.  It is also focused on written language; special
   provisions have always been needed for identifiers.  The sheer size
   of the repertoire increases the possibility of accidental or
   intentional use of characters that can cause confusion among users,
   particularly where linguistic context is ambiguous, unavailable, or
   impossible to determine.  A registry of code points that can be
   sometimes especially problematic may be useful to guide system
   administrators in setting parameters for allowable code points in an
   identifier system, and to aid applications in creating security aids
   for users.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-freytag-troublesome-characters/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-freytag-troublesome-characters-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-freytag-troublesome-characters-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-freytag-troublesome-characters-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/