Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-netmod-sub-intf-vlan-model-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 15:37:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the NETCONF Data Modeling Language of the IETF.

        Title           : Sub-interface VLAN YANG Data Models
        Authors         : Robert Wilton
                          David Ball
                          Tapraj Singh
                          Selvakumar Sivaraj
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netmod-sub-intf-vlan-model-02.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2017-07-03

Abstract:
   This document defines YANG modules to add support for classifying
   traffic received on interfaces as Ethernet/VLAN framed packets to
   sub-interfaces based on the fields available in the Ethernet/VLAN
   frame headers.  These modules allow configuration of Layer 3 and
   Layer 2 sub-interfaces (e.g. attachment circuits) that can
   interoperate with IETF based forwarding protocols; such as IP and
   L3VPN services; or L2VPN services like VPWS, VPLS, and EVPN.  The
   sub-interfaces also interoperate with VLAN tagged traffic orginating
   from an IEEE 802.1Q compliant bridge.  Primarily the classification
   is based on VLAN identifiers in the 802.1Q VLAN tags, but the model
   also has support for matching on some other layer 2 frame header
   fields and is designed to be extensible to match on other arbitrary
   header fields.

   The model differs from an IEEE 802.1Q bridge model in that the
   configuration is interface/sub-interface based as opposed to being
   based on membership of an 802.1Q VLAN bridge.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-sub-intf-vlan-model/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-sub-intf-vlan-model-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-netmod-sub-intf-vlan-model-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-netmod-sub-intf-vlan-model-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/