Subject: I-D Action: draft-sctl-discovery-broker-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 16:54:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Service Discovery Broker
        Authors         : Stuart Cheshire
                          Ted Lemon
	Filename        : draft-sctl-discovery-broker-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2017-07-03

Abstract:
   DNS-Based Service Discovery allows clients to discover available
   services using unicast DNS queries.  In simple configurations these
   unicast DNS queries go directly to the appropriate authoritative
   server(s).  In large networks that have complicated topology, or
   many client devices, or both, it can be advantageous to have an
   intermediary between the clients and authoritative servers.  This
   intermediary, called a Discovery Broker, serves several purposes.
   A Discovery Broker can reduce load on both the servers and the
   clients, and gives the option of presenting clients with service
   discovery organized around logical, rather than physical, topology.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sctl-discovery-broker/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sctl-discovery-broker-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sctl-discovery-broker-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/