Subject: I-D Action: draft-feeney-t2trg-inter-network-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 14:55:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Inter-network Coexistence in the Internet of Things
        Authors         : Laura Marie Feeney
                          Viktoria Fodor
	Filename        : draft-feeney-t2trg-inter-network-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2017-07-03

Abstract:
   The breadth of IoT applications implies that future wireless
   environments will be characterized by the presence of many diverse,
   administratively independent IoT networks operating in the same
   physical location.  In many cases, these networks will use unlicensed
   spectrum, due to its low cost and ease of deployment.  However, this
   spectrum is becoming increasingly crowded.  IoT networks will
   therefore be subject to wireless interference, both from similar
   networks and from networks that use the channel in very different
   ways.

   To date, there have been few studies or testbeds that fully reflect
   this aspect of the future IoT operating environment.  This document
   describes some of the main issues in network co-existence in IoT
   environments, focusing on protocol-level interactions.  It identifies
   two issues for the IRTF t2trg community.  The first is to define best
   practices for performance evaluation and protocol design in the
   context of inter-network interference.  The second is the potential
   use of higher layer protocols to actively participate in interference
   mitigation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-feeney-t2trg-inter-network/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-feeney-t2trg-inter-network-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-feeney-t2trg-inter-network-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/