Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-mtu-negotiation-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 23:08:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL): MTU Negotiation
        Authors         : Mingui Zhang
                          Xudong Zhang
                          Donald E. Eastlake
                          Radia Perlman
                          Somnath Chatterjee
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-mtu-negotiation-07.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2017-07-27

Abstract:
   The base IETF TRILL protocol has a TRILL campus-wide MTU feature,
   specified in RFC 6325 and RFC 7177, that assures that link state
   changes can be successfully flooded throughout the campus while being
   able to take advantage of a campus-wide capability to support jumbo
   packets. This document specifies recommended updates to that MTU
   feature to take advantage, for appropriate link-local packets, of
   link-local MTUs that exceed the TRILL campus MTU. In addition, it
   specifies an efficient algorithm for local MTU testing. This document
   updates RFC 6325, updates RFC 7177, and updates RFC 7780.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-mtu-negotiation/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-mtu-negotiation-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-trill-mtu-negotiation-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-mtu-negotiation-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/