Subject: I-D Action: draft-krasic-quic-qcram-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 15:27:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Header Compression for HTTP over QUIC
        Author          : Charles 'Buck' Krasic
	Filename        : draft-krasic-quic-qcram-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2017-07-17

Abstract:
   The design of the core QUIC transport and the mapping of HTTP
   semantics over it subsume many HTTP/2 features, prominent among them
   stream multiplexing and HTTP header compression.  A key advantage of
   the QUIC transport is that provides stream multiplexing free of HoL
   blocking between streams, while in HTTP/2 multiplexed streams can
   suffer HoL blocking primarily due to HTTP/2's layering above TCP.
   However, assuming HPACK is used for header compression, HTTP over
   QUIC is still vulnerable to HoL blocking, because of how HPACK
   exploits header redundancies between multiplexed HTTP transactions.
   This draft defines QCRAM, a variation of HPACK and mechanisms in the
   QUIC HTTP mapping that allow QUIC implementations the flexibility to
   avoid header-compression induced HoL blocking.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-krasic-quic-qcram/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-krasic-quic-qcram-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-krasic-quic-qcram-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-krasic-quic-qcram-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/