Subject: I-D Action: draft-vcelak-nsec5-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 07:37:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : NSEC5, DNSSEC Authenticated Denial of Existence
        Authors         : Jan Vcelak
                          Sharon Goldberg
                          Dimitrios Papadopoulos
                          Shumon Huque
                          David C Lawrence
	Filename        : draft-vcelak-nsec5-05.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2017-07-03

Abstract:
   The Domain Name System Security Extensions (DNSSEC) introduced two
   resource records (RR) for authenticated denial of existence: the NSEC
   RR and the NSEC3 RR.  This document introduces NSEC5 as an
   alternative mechanism for DNSSEC authenticated denial of existence.
   NSEC5 uses verifiable random functions (VRFs) to prevent offline
   enumeration of zone contents.  NSEC5 also protects the integrity of
   the zone contents even if an adversary compromises one of the
   authoritative servers for the zone.  Integrity is preserved because
   NSEC5 does not require private zone-signing keys to be present on all
   authoritative servers for the zone, in contrast to DNSSEC online
   signing schemes like NSEC3 White Lies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vcelak-nsec5/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vcelak-nsec5-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-vcelak-nsec5-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-vcelak-nsec5-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/