Subject: I-D Action: draft-claise-semver-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 03:37:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Semantic Versioning and Structure for IETF Specifications
        Authors         : Benoit Claise
                          Richard Barnes
                          Joe Clarke
	Filename        : draft-claise-semver-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2017-07-18

Abstract:
   In the Internet engineering ecosystem, there is increasingly a need
   for specifications that evolve over time, and which are encoded
   directly in structured formats (e.g., YANG models).  Internet-Drafts
   are a poor fit for working groups that want to produce structured
   specifications, and publishing versions of an evolving specification
   as RFC makes it difficult to track the specification over time.  This
   document outlines recommendations for how working groups can provide
   consistent, meaningful versions for specifications over time and work
   directly on structured documents while still fitting within
   established IETF processes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-claise-semver/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-claise-semver-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-claise-semver-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-claise-semver-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/