Subject: I-D Action: draft-huque-dnssec-alg-nego-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 00:25:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Algorithm Negotiation in DNSSEC
        Authors         : Shumon Huque
                          Haya Shulman
                          Shane Kerr
	Filename        : draft-huque-dnssec-alg-nego-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2017-07-20

Abstract:
   This document specifies a DNS extension that allows a DNS client to
   specify a list of DNSSEC algorithms, in preference order, that the
   client desires to use.  A DNS server upon receipt of this extension
   can choose to selectively respond with DNSSEC signatures using the
   most preferred algorithm they support.  This mechanism may make it
   easier for DNS zone operators to support signing zone data
   simultaneously with multiple DNSSEC algorithms, without significantly
   increasing the size of DNS responses.  It will also allow an easier
   way to transition to new algorithms while still retaining support for
   older DNS validators that do not yet support the new algorithms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-huque-dnssec-alg-nego/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-huque-dnssec-alg-nego-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-huque-dnssec-alg-nego-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-huque-dnssec-alg-nego-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/