Subject: I-D Action: draft-kuehlewind-taps-crypto-sep-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 08:08:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Separating Crypto Negotiation and Communication
        Authors         : Mirja Kuehlewind
                          Tommy Pauly
                          Christopher A. Wood
	Filename        : draft-kuehlewind-taps-crypto-sep-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2017-07-03

Abstract:
   Due to the latency involved in connection setup and security
   handshakes, there is an increasing deployment of cryptographic
   session resumption mechanisms.  While cryptographic context and
   endpoint capabilities need to be be known before encrypted
   application data can be sent, there is otherwise no technical
   constraint that the crypto handshake must be performed on the same
   transport connection.  This document recommends a logical separation
   between the mechanism(s) used to negotiate capabilities and set up
   encryption context (handshake protocol), the application of
   encryption and authentication state to data (record protocol), and
   the associated transport connection(s).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuehlewind-taps-crypto-sep/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kuehlewind-taps-crypto-sep-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kuehlewind-taps-crypto-sep-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/