Subject: I-D Action: draft-thubert-6lo-forwarding-fragments-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 03:59:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : LLN Fragment Forwarding and Recovery
        Authors         : Pascal Thubert
                          Jonathan W. Hui
	Filename        : draft-thubert-6lo-forwarding-fragments-07.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2017-07-24

Abstract:
   Considering that an LLN frame can have a MAC payload below 100 bytes,
   an IPv6 packet might be fragmented into more than 10 fragments at the
   6LoWPAN layer.  In a 6LoWPAN mesh-under network, the fragments can be
   forwarded individually across the mesh, whereas a route-over mesh
   network, a fragmented 6LoWPAN packet must be reassembled at every
   hop, which causes latency and congestion.  This draft introduces a
   simple protocol to forward individual fragments across a route-over
   mesh network, and, regardless of the type of mesh, recover the loss
   of individual fragments across the mesh and protect the network
   against bloat with a minimal flow control.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thubert-6lo-forwarding-fragments/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thubert-6lo-forwarding-fragments-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-thubert-6lo-forwarding-fragments-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-thubert-6lo-forwarding-fragments-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/