Subject: I-D Action: draft-cardwell-iccrg-bbr-congestion-control-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 13:55:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BBR Congestion Control
        Authors         : Neal Cardwell
                          Yuchung Cheng
                          Soheil Hassas Yeganeh
                          Van Jacobson
	Filename        : draft-cardwell-iccrg-bbr-congestion-control-00.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2017-07-03

Abstract:
   This document specifies the BBR congestion control algorithm.  BBR
   uses recent measurements of a transport connection's delivery rate
   and round-trip time to build an explicit model that includes both the
   maximum recent bandwidth available to that connection, and its
   minimum recent round-trip delay.  BBR then uses this model to control
   both how fast it sends data and the maximum amount of data it allows
   in flight in the network at any time.  Relative to loss-based
   congestion control algorithms such as Reno [RFC5681] or CUBIC
   [draft-ietf-tcpm-cubic], BBR offers substantially higher throughput
   for bottlenecks with shallow buffers or random losses, and
   substantially lower queueing delays for bottlenecks with deep buffers
   (avoiding "bufferbloat").  This algorithm can be implemented in any
   transport protocol that supports packet-delivery acknowledgment (thus
   far, open source implementations are available for TCP [RFC793] and
   QUIC [draft-ietf-quic-transport-00]).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cardwell-iccrg-bbr-congestion-control/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cardwell-iccrg-bbr-congestion-control-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-cardwell-iccrg-bbr-congestion-control-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/