Subject: I-D Action: draft-wkumari-dnsop-internal-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 15:39:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The .internal TLD.
        Author          : Warren Kumari
	Filename        : draft-wkumari-dnsop-internal-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2017-07-03

Abstract:
   It has become clear that many users would like to use the DNS
   resolution system for names which do not have meaning in the global
   context but do have meaning in a context internal to their network.
   This document reserves the string ".internal" for this purpose.

   [ Ed note: Text inside square brackets ([]) is additional background
   information, answers to frequently asked questions, general musings,
   etc.  They will be removed before publication.  RFC Editor: Please
   remove these before publication. ]

   [ This document is being collaborated on in Github at:
   https://github.com/wkumari/draft-wkumari-dnsop-internal.  The most
   recent version of the document, open issues, etc should all be
   available here.  The authors (gratefully) accept pull requests ]

   [ Ed note: This document is intended to drive discussion.  It is
   clear that there has been a desire for an "RFC 1918-style" TLD for a
   long time; in its absence, people have just started using whatever
   seemed convenient.  This document requests that the allocation of
   .internal for this use.  There is no existing process for this - some
   of the purpose of this document is to explore the process
   implications. ]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wkumari-dnsop-internal/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wkumari-dnsop-internal-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wkumari-dnsop-internal-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/