Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 14:40:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 WG of the IETF.

        Title           : File System Extended Attributes in NFSv4
        Authors         : Manoj Naik
                          Marc Eshel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-06.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2017-07-30

Abstract:
   This document describes an OPTIONAL feature extending the NFSv4
   protocol which allows extended attributes (hereinafter also referred
   to as xattrs) to be interrogated and manipulated using NFSv4 clients.
    Xattrs are provided by a file system to associate opaque metadata,
   not interpreted by the file system, with files and directories.  Such
   support is present in many modern local file systems.  New file
   attributes are provided to allow clients to query the server for
   xattr support, with that support consisting of new operations to get
   and set xattrs on file system objects.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nfsv4-xattrs-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/