Subject: I-D Action: draft-skr-bess-evpn-pim-proxy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 08:02:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PIM Proxy in EVPN Networks
        Authors         : Jorge Rabadan
                          Jayant Kotalwar
                          Senthil Sathappan
                          Zhaohui Zhang
                          Ali Sajassi
	Filename        : draft-skr-bess-evpn-pim-proxy-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2017-07-03

Abstract:
   Ethernet Virtual Private Networks [RFC7432] are becoming prevalent in
   Data Centers, Data Center Interconnect (DCI) and Service Provider VPN
   applications. One of the goals that EVPN pursues is the reduction of
   flooding and the efficiency of CE-based control plane procedures in
   Broadcast Domains. Examples of this are [EVPN-PROXY-ARP-ND] for
   improving the efficiency of CE's ARP/ND protocols, and [EVPN-IGMP-
   MLD-PROXY] for IGMP/MLD protocols. This document complements the
   latter, describing the procedures required to minimize the flooding
   of PIM messages in EVPN Broadcast Domains, and optimize the IP
   Multicast delivery between PIM routers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-skr-bess-evpn-pim-proxy/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-skr-bess-evpn-pim-proxy-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-skr-bess-evpn-pim-proxy-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/