Subject: I-D Action: draft-gont-opsec-icmp-ingress-filtering-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 15:06:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Defeating Attacks which employ Forged ICMPv4/ICMPv6 Error Messages
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Ray Hunter
                          Jeroen Massar
                          Will(Shucheng) Liu
	Filename        : draft-gont-opsec-icmp-ingress-filtering-03.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2017-07-03

Abstract:
   Over the years, a number of attack vectors that employ forged ICMPv4/
   ICMPv6 error messages have been disclosed and exploited in the wild.
   The aforementioned attack vectors do not require that the source
   address of the packets be forged, but do require that the addresses
   of the IPv4/IPv6 packet embedded in the ICMPv4/ICMPv6 payload be
   forged.  This document discusses a simple, effective, and
   straightforward method for using ingress traffic filtering to
   mitigate attacks that use forged addresses in the IPv4/IPv6 packet
   embedded in an ICMPv4/ICMPv6 payload.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-opsec-icmp-ingress-filtering/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-opsec-icmp-ingress-filtering-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gont-opsec-icmp-ingress-filtering-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gont-opsec-icmp-ingress-filtering-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/