Subject: I-D Action: draft-grinnemo-taps-he-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 10:41:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Happy Eyeballs for Transport Selection
        Authors         : Karl-Johan Grinnemo
                          Anna Brunstrom
                          Per Hurtig
                          Naeem Khademi
                          Zdravko Bozakov
	Filename        : draft-grinnemo-taps-he-03.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2017-07-03

Abstract:
   Ideally, network applications should be able to select an appropriate
   transport solution from among available transport solutions.
   However, at present, there is no agreed-upon way to do this.  In
   fact, there is not even an agreed-upon way for a source end host to
   determine if there is support for a particular transport along a
   network path.  This draft addresses these issues, by proposing a
   Happy Eyeballs framework.  The proposed Happy Eyeballs framework
   enables the selection of a transport solution that according to
   application requirements, pre-set policies, and estimated network
   conditions is the most appropriate one.  Additionally, the proposed
   framework makes it possible for an application to find out whether a
   particular transport is supported along a network connection towards
   a specific destination or not.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-grinnemo-taps-he/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-grinnemo-taps-he-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-grinnemo-taps-he-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-grinnemo-taps-he-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/