Subject: I-D Action: draft-hares-i2nsf-ssls-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 04:42:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Secure Session Layer Services
        Authors         : Susan Hares
                          Robert Moskowitz
	Filename        : draft-hares-i2nsf-ssls-02.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2017-07-18

Abstract:
   Each I2NSF agent and I2NSF client needs to provide application level
   support for management traffic during periods of DDoS and network
   security attacks to deal with congestion (burst and/or continuous),
   high error rates and packet loss due to the attacks, and the
   inability to utilize a transport protocol (E.g.  TCP) due to a
   specific protocol attack.  This application level support needs to be
   able to select the key management system and provide "chunking" of
   data (in order to fit in reduced effective MTUs), compression of data
   (in order to fit into reduced bandwidth), small security envelope )in
   order to maximize room for management payload), and fragmentation and
   reassembly at the application layer for those protocols which do not
   support fragmentation/reassembly (E.g.  UDP or SMS).

   These Secure Session Layer services may only be deployed on a the few
   management ports which need to be protected during DDoS attacks or
   network security attacks, and turned on/off based on need.  The
   application and the network instrumentation need to cooperate to
   determine if this service needs to be turned on or off.  This draft
   specifies a security session layer services(SSLs) which provide these
   features in terms of APIs (North-Bound and South-bound), and the
   component features (interface to key management systems, data
   compression, chunking of data, secure session envelope (SSE) to send
   data, and fragmentation and reassembly, and ability to detect
   existence of attack).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hares-i2nsf-ssls/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hares-i2nsf-ssls-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hares-i2nsf-ssls-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hares-i2nsf-ssls-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/