Subject: I-D Action: draft-ravi-icnrg-ccn-notification-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 22:53:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Support for Notifications in CCN
        Authors         : Ravishankar Ravindran
                          Asit Chakraborti
                          Syed Obaid Amin
                          Jiachen Chen
	Filename        : draft-ravi-icnrg-ccn-notification-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2017-07-16

Abstract:
   This draft proposes a new packet primitive called Notification for
   CCN.  Notification is a PUSH primitive and can be unicast or
   multicast to multiple listening points.  Notifications do not expect
   a Content Object response hence only requires the use of FIB state in
   the CCN forwarder.  Emulating Notification as a PULL has performance
   and routing implications.  The draft first discusses the design
   choices associated with using current Interest/Data abstraction for
   achieving push and challenges associated with them.  We follow this
   by proposing a new fixed header primitive called Notification and a
   CCN message encoding using Content Object primitive to transport
   Notifications.  This discussion are presented in the context of
   CCNx1.0 [1] proposal.  The draft also provides discussions on various
   aspects related to notification such as flow and congestion control,
   routing and reliability considerations, and use case scenarios.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ravi-icnrg-ccn-notification/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ravi-icnrg-ccn-notification-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ravi-icnrg-ccn-notification-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ravi-icnrg-ccn-notification-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/