Subject: I-D Action: draft-huitema-tls-sni-encryption-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 14:08:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SNI Encryption in TLS Through Tunneling
        Authors         : Christian Huitema
                          Eric Rescorla
	Filename        : draft-huitema-tls-sni-encryption-02.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2017-07-03

Abstract:
   This draft describes the general problem of encryption of the Server
   Name Identification (SNI) parameter.  The proposed solutions hide a
   Hidden Service behind a Fronting Service, only disclosing the SNI of
   the Fronting Service to external observers.  The draft starts by
   listing known attacks against SNI encryption, discusses the current
   "co-tenancy fronting" solution, and then presents two potential TLS
   layer solutions that might mitigate these attacks.
   The first solution is based on TLS in TLS "quasi tunneling", and the
   second solution is based on "combined tickets".  These solutions only
   require minimal extensions to the TLS protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-huitema-tls-sni-encryption/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-huitema-tls-sni-encryption-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-huitema-tls-sni-encryption-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-huitema-tls-sni-encryption-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/