Subject: I-D Action: draft-cheng-iccrg-delivery-rate-estimation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 14:10:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Delivery Rate Estimation
        Authors         : Yuchung Cheng
                          Neal Cardwell
                          Soheil Hassas Yeganeh
                          Van Jacobson
	Filename        : draft-cheng-iccrg-delivery-rate-estimation-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2017-07-03

Abstract:
   This document describes a generic algorithm for a transport protocol
   sender to estimate the current delivery rate of its data.  At a high
   level, the algorithm estimates the rate at which the network
   delivered the most recent flight of outbound data packets for a
   single flow.  In addition, it tracks whether the rate sample was
   application-limited, meaning the transmission rate was limited by the
   application rather than the congestion control algorithm.  This
   algorithm can be implemented in any transport protocol that supports
   packet-delivery acknowledgment (thus far, open source implementations
   are available for TCP [RFC793] and QUIC
   [draft-ietf-quic-transport-00]).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cheng-iccrg-delivery-rate-estimation/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cheng-iccrg-delivery-rate-estimation-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-cheng-iccrg-delivery-rate-estimation-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/