Subject: I-D Action: draft-moran-fud-architecture-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 01:49:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Firmware Update Architecture for Internet of Things Devices
        Authors         : Brendan Moran
                          Milosch Meriac
                          Hannes Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-moran-fud-architecture-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2017-07-18

Abstract:
   Vulnerabilities with IoT devices have raised the need for a solid and
   secure firmware update mechanism that is also suitable for
   constrained devices.  Incorporating such update mechanism to fix
   vulnerabilities, to update configuration settings as well as adding
   new functionality is recommended by security experts.

   This document specifies requires and an architecture for a firmware
   update mechanism aimed for Internet of Things (IoT) devices.  The
   architecture is agnostic to the transport of the firmware images and
   associated meta-data.

   This version of the document assumes asymmetric cryptography and a
   public key infrastructure.  Future versions may also describe a
   symmetric key approach for very constrained devices.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moran-fud-architecture/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moran-fud-architecture-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-moran-fud-architecture-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/