Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 03:04:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained Nodes of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv6 Backbone Router
        Author          : Pascal Thubert
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router-04.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2017-07-17

Abstract:
   This specification proposes an update to IPv6 Neighbor Discovery, to
   enhance the operation of IPv6 over wireless links that exhibit lossy
   multicast support, and enable a large degree of scalability by
   splitting the broadcast domains.  A broadcast-efficient backbone
   running classical IPv6 Neighbor Discovery federates multiple wireless
   links to form a large MultiLink Subnet, but the broadcast domain does
   not need to extend to the wireless links for the purpose of ND
   operation.  Backbone Routers placed at the wireless edge of the
   backbone proxy the ND operation and route packets from/to registered
   nodes, and wireless nodes register or are proxy-registered to the
   Backbone Router to setup proxy services in a fashion that is
   essentially similar to a classical Layer-2 association.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/