Subject: I-D Action: draft-xu-pce-sr-sfc-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 02:35:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PCEP Extensions for Unifed Source Routing-based SFC
        Authors         : Xiaohu Xu
                          JIanjie You
                          Siva Sivabalan
                          Himanshu Shah
                          Luis M. Contreras
                          Daniel Bernier
                          Shaowen Ma
	Filename        : draft-xu-pce-sr-sfc-05.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2017-07-03

Abstract:
   MPLS-SPRING (a.k.a., MPLS Segment Routing) could be leveraged to
   realize a unified source routing mechanism across MPLS, IPv4 and IPv6
   data planes by using a unified source routing instruction set while
   preserving backward compatibility with MPLS-SPRING.  More
   specifically, the source routing instruction set information
   contained in a source routed packet could be uniformly encoded as an
   MPLS label stack no matter the underlay is IPv4, IPv6 or MPLS.  The
   unified source routing mechanism could be leveraged to realize a
   transport-independent service function chaining by encoding the
   service function path information or service function chain
   information as an MPLS label stack.  This document describes
   extensions to the Path Computation Element Protocol (PCEP) that allow
   a PCE to compute and instantiate service function paths in the unifed
   source routing based service function chaining context.  The
   extensions specified in this document are applicable to both the
   stateless PCE model and the stateful PCE model.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xu-pce-sr-sfc/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xu-pce-sr-sfc-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-xu-pce-sr-sfc-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-xu-pce-sr-sfc-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/