Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-link-overload-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2017 22:30:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP of the IETF.

        Title           : OSPF Link Overload
        Authors         : Shraddha Hegde
                          Pushpasis Sarkar
                          Hannes Gredler
                          Mohan Nanduri
                          Luay Jalil
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-link-overload-07.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2017-07-02

Abstract:
   When a link is being prepared to be taken out of service, the traffic
   needs to be diverted from both ends of the link.  Increasing the
   metric to the highest metric on one side of the link is not
   sufficient to divert the traffic flowing in the other direction.

   It is useful for routers in an OSPFv2 or OSPFv3 routing domain to be
   able to advertise a link being in an overload state to indicate
   impending maintenance activity on the link.  This information can be
   used by the network devices to re-route the traffic effectively.

   This document describes the protocol extensions to disseminate link-
   overload information in OSPFv2 and OSPFv3.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-link-overload/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ospf-link-overload-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ospf-link-overload-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ospf-link-overload-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/