Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 06:34:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Sliding Window Random Linear Code (RLC) Forward Erasure Correction (FEC) Scheme for FECFRAME
        Author          : Vincent Roca
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-00.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2017-07-17

Abstract:
   This document describes a fully-specified FEC scheme for the Sliding
   Window Random Linear Codes (RLC) over GF(2^^m), where m equals 1
   (binary case), 4 or 8, that can be used to protect arbitrary media
   streams along the lines defined by FECFRAME extended to sliding
   window codes.  These sliding window FEC codes rely on an encoding
   window that slides over the source symbols, generating new repair
   symbols whenever needed.  Compared to block FEC codes, these sliding
   window FEC codes offer key advantages with real-time flows in terms
   of reduced FEC-related latency while often providing improved erasure
   recovery capabilities.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/