Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-yeti-testbed-experience-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 18:53:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Yeti DNS Testbed
        Authors         : Linjian Song
                          Dong Liu
                          Paul Vixie
                          Akira Kato
	Filename        : draft-song-yeti-testbed-experience-04.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2017-07-03

Abstract:
   The Internet's Domain Name System (DNS) is built upon the foundation
   provided by the Root Server System -- that is, the critical
   infrastructure that serves the DNS root zone.

   Yeti DNS is an experimental, non-production testbed that aims to
   provide an environment where technical and operational experiments
   can safely be performed without risk to production infrastructure.
   This testbed has been used by a broad community of participants to
   perform experiments that aim to inform operations and future
   development of the production DNS.  Yeti DNS is an independently-
   coordinated project and is not affiliated with ICANN, IANA or any
   Root Server Operator.

   The Yeti DNS testbed implementation includes various novel and
   experimental components including IPv6-only transport, independent,
   autonomous Zone Signing Key management, large cryptographic keys and
   a large number of component Yeti-Root Servers.  These differences
   from the Root Server System have operational consequences such as
   large responses to priming queries and the coordination of a large
   pool of independent operators; by deploying such a system globally
   but outside the production DNS system, the Yeti DNS project provides
   an opportunity to gain insight into those consequences without
   threatening the stability of the DNS.

   This document neither addresses the relevant policies under which the
   Root Server System is operated nor makes any proposal for changing
   any aspect of its implementation or operation.  This document aims
   solely to document technical and operational findings following the
   deployment of a system which is similar but different from the Root
   Server System.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-yeti-testbed-experience/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-yeti-testbed-experience-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-yeti-testbed-experience-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-song-yeti-testbed-experience-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/