Subject: I-D Action: draft-shin-tls-augpake-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 11:54:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Augmented Password-Authenticated Key Exchange for Transport Layer Security (TLS)
        Authors         : SeongHan Shin
                          Kazukuni Kobara
	Filename        : draft-shin-tls-augpake-09.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2017-07-18

Abstract:
   This document describes an efficient augmented password-authenticated
   key exchange (AugPAKE) protocol where a user remembers a low-entropy
   password and its verifier is registered in the intended server.  In
   general, the user's password is chosen from a small set of
   dictionary, making the password susceptible to offline dictionary
   attacks.  The AugPAKE protocol described here is secure against
   passive attacks, active attacks and offline dictionary attacks (on
   the obtained messages with passive/active attacks), and also provides
   resistance to server compromise (in the context of augmented PAKE
   security).  Based on the AugPAKE protocol, this document also
   specifies a new password-only authentication handshake for Transport
   Layer Security (TLS) protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shin-tls-augpake/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shin-tls-augpake-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-shin-tls-augpake-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-shin-tls-augpake-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/