Subject: I-D Action: draft-ravi-icnrg-ccn-forwarding-label-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 21:16:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Forwarding-Label support in CCN Protocol
        Authors         : Ravishankar Ravindran
                          Asit Chakraborti
                          Aytac Azgin
	Filename        : draft-ravi-icnrg-ccn-forwarding-label-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2017-07-17

Abstract:
   The objective of this proposal is to enable ID and Locator namespace
   split in the CCN protocol that has several applications such as
   towards Interest routing optimization, seamless mobility and
   providing mobility as a service, conversational session support,
   handling indirections in manifests, and routing scalability.  We
   enable this through the notion of a forwarding-label object (FLO),
   which is an optional hop-by-hop payload in the Interest message with
   a topological name, which identifies a network domain, a router or a
   host.  FLO can be inserted within the Interest message by the
   applications or by the network.  FLO can be interpreted by the
   network in multiple ways, for instance, to terminate the message or
   to swap it with a new FLO based on the service context.  Furthermore,
   depending on the application and trust context, FLO can be subjected
   to policy based actions by the forwarders, such as invoking security
   verification or enabling other service-centric FLO management
   actions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ravi-icnrg-ccn-forwarding-label/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ravi-icnrg-ccn-forwarding-label-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ravi-icnrg-ccn-forwarding-label-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ravi-icnrg-ccn-forwarding-label-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/