Subject: I-D Action: draft-taylor-manet-dlep-dsa-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 02:10:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DLEP Destination Service Announcement
        Author          : Rick Taylor
	Filename        : draft-taylor-manet-dlep-dsa-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2017-07-21

Abstract:
   When using the Dynamic Link Exchange Protocol (DLEP) [RFC8175] to
   bootstrap neighbour discovery for routing protocols there is no
   indication in the core DLEP protocol of the services of the router
   announced at a destination.  This forces an implementation to either
   rely on a priori configuration or use heuristic probing of well-known
   ports to discover potential routing peers.

   This document defines an extension to DLEP to enable a router to
   advertise its active services to its peer modem, allowing a connected
   remote modem to announce the services of a router in a DLEP
   destination message to its peer, removing the need for service
   discovery between routing peers.  The mechanism is designed to be
   sufficiently generic to allow the advertisement of network services
   beyond routing protocols, enabling the fast bootstrapping of other
   protocols such as messaging protocols or header compression.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-taylor-manet-dlep-dsa/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-taylor-manet-dlep-dsa-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-taylor-manet-dlep-dsa-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-taylor-manet-dlep-dsa-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/