Subject: I-D Action: draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-datagram-plpmtud-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 08:44:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Packetization Layer Path MTU Discovery for Datagram Transports
        Authors         : Godred Fairhurst
                          Tom Jones
                          Michael Tuexen
                          Irene Ruengeler
	Filename        : draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-datagram-plpmtud-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2017-07-03

Abstract:
   This document describes a robust method for Path MTU Discovery
   (PMTUD) for datagram packetization layers.  It allows these layers to
   probe an Internet path with progressively larger packets to determine
   a maximum packet size This method is described as an extension to RFC
   1191 and RFC 1981, which specify ICMP-based Path MTU Discovery for IP
   versions 4 and 6.  The document provides functionally for datagram
   transports that is equivalent to the packetization layer PMTUD
   specification for TCP, specified in RFC4821.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-datagram-plpmtud/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-datagram-plpmtud-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-datagram-plpmtud-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/