Subject: I-D Action: draft-thomas-crypto-conditions-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 00:44:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Crypto-Conditions
        Authors         : Stefan Thomas
                          Rome Reginelli
                          Adrian Hope-Bailie
	Filename        : draft-thomas-crypto-conditions-03.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2017-07-18

Abstract:
   The crypto-conditions specification defines a set of encoding formats
   and data structures for *conditions* and *fulfillments*.  A condition
   uniquely identifies a logical "boolean circuit" constructed from one
   or more logic gates, evaluated by either validating a cryptographic
   signature or verifying the preimage of a hash digest.  A fulfillment
   is a data structure encoding one or more cryptographic signatures and
   hash digest preimages that define the structure of the circuit and
   provide inputs to the logic gates allowing for the result of the
   circuit to be evaluated.

   A fulfillment is validated by evaluating that the circuit output is
   TRUE but also that the provided fulfillment matches the circuit
   fingerprint, the condition.

   Since evaluation of some of the logic gates in the circuit (those
   that are signatures) also take a message as input the evaluation of
   the entire fulfillment takes an optional input message which is
   passed to each logic gate as required.  As such the algorithm to
   validate a fulfillment against a condition and a message matches that
   of other signature schemes and a crypto-condition can serve as a
   sophisticated and flexible replacement for a simple signature where
   the condition is used as the public key and the fulfillment as the
   signature.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thomas-crypto-conditions/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thomas-crypto-conditions-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-thomas-crypto-conditions-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-thomas-crypto-conditions-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/