Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-icnrg-icniot-architecture-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2017 22:53:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ICN based Architecture for IoT
        Authors         : Prof.Yanyong Zhang
                          Prof. Dipankar Raychadhuri
                          Prof. Luigi Alfredo Grieco
                          Sicari Sabrina
                          Hang Liu
                          Satyajayant Misra
                          Ravi Ravindran
                          G.Q.Wang
	Filename        : draft-zhang-icnrg-icniot-architecture-01.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2017-07-16

Abstract:
   The Internet of Things (IoT) technology promises to connect billions
   of objects to Internet.  Today, the IoT landscape is very fragmented
   from both the technology and service perspectives.  As a consequence,
   it is difficult to integrate and cross-correlate data coming from the
   heterogeneous contexts and build value-added services on top.  This
   reason has motivated the current trend to develop a unified de-
   fragmented IoT architecture so that objects can be made accessible to
   applications across organizations and domains.  Several proposals
   have been made to build a unified IoT architecture as an overlay on
   top of today's Internet.  Such overlay solutions, however, inherit
   the existing limitations of the IP protocol: mobility, security,
   scalability, and communication reliability.  To address this problem,
   A unified IoT architecture based on the Information Centric
   Networking (ICN) architecture, which we call ICN-IoT [1] has been
   proposed.  ICN-IoT leverages the salient features of ICN, and thus
   provides seamless device-to-device (D2D) communication, mobility
   support, scalability, and efficient content and service delivery.
   Furthermore, in order to guarantee the real diffusion of ICN-IoT
   architecture it is fundamental to deal with self-configuring features
   such as device onboarinding and discovery, service discovery,
   scalability, security and privacy requirements, content
   dissemmination since the IoT system will comprise of diverse
   applications with heterogenous requirements including connectivity,
   resource constraints and mobility.  Towards this, the draft
   elaborates on a set of middleware functions to enable large operation
   of an ICN-IoT deployment.

   This draft begins by motivating the need for an unified ICN-IoT
   architecture to connect heterogeneous IoT systems.  We then propose
   an ICN-IoT system architecture and middleware components which
   includes device/network-service discovery, naming service, IoT
   service discovery, data discovery, user registration, and content
   delivery.  For all of these components, discussions for secure
   solutions are offered.  We also provide discussions on inter-
   connecting heterogeneous ICN-IoT domains.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-icnrg-icniot-architecture/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-icnrg-icniot-architecture-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-zhang-icnrg-icniot-architecture-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zhang-icnrg-icniot-architecture-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/