Subject: I-D Action: draft-perkins-intarea-multicast-ieee802-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 16:06:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Multicast Considerations over IEEE 802 Wireless Media
        Authors         : Charles E. Perkins
                          Dorothy Stanley
                          Warren Kumari
                          Juan Carlos Zuniga
	Filename        : draft-perkins-intarea-multicast-ieee802-03.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2017-07-19

Abstract:
   Performance issues have been observed when multicast packet
   transmissions of IETF protocols are used over IEEE 802 wireless
   media.  Even though enhamcements for multicast transmissions have
   been designed at both IETF and IEEE 802, there seems to exist a
   disconnect between specifications, implementations and configuration
   choices.  This draft describes the different issues that have been
   observed, the multicast enhancement features that have been specified
   at IETF and IEEE 802 for wireless media, as well as the operational
   chioces that can be taken to improve the performace of the network.
   Finally, it provides some recommendations about the usage and
   combination of these features and operational choices.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-perkins-intarea-multicast-ieee802/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-perkins-intarea-multicast-ieee802-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-perkins-intarea-multicast-ieee802-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-perkins-intarea-multicast-ieee802-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/