Subject: I-D Action: draft-sctl-service-registration-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 16:55:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Service Registration Protocol for DNS-Based Service Discovery
        Authors         : Stuart Cheshire
                          Ted Lemon
	Filename        : draft-sctl-service-registration-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2017-07-03

Abstract:
   The DNS-SD Service Registration Protocol provides a way to perform
   DNS-Based Service Discovery using only unicast packets.  This
   eliminates the dependency on Multicast DNS as the foundation layer,
   which has worked well in some environments, like the simplest of home
   networks, but not in others, like large enterprise networks (where
   multicast does not scale well to thousands of devices) and mesh
   networks (where multicast and broadcast are supported poorly, if at
   all).  Broadly speaking, the DNS-SD Service Registration Protocol is
   DNS Update, with a few additions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sctl-service-registration/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sctl-service-registration-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sctl-service-registration-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/