Subject: I-D Action: draft-gao-alto-fcs-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 11:05:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ALTO Extension: Flow-based Cost Query
        Authors         : Kai Gao
                          Jingxuan Jensen Zhang
                          Junzhuo Austin Wang
                          Qiao Xiang
                          Y. Richard Yang
	Filename        : draft-gao-alto-fcs-03.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2017-07-03

Abstract:
   The Endpoint Cost Service maps a source-destination pair into a cost
   value, which provides an abstract network view based on a subset of
   the 2-dimension address space.  Given that the emergence of new
   networking datapath capabilities has substantially increased the
   routing flexibility, such a query space is not sufficient to uniquely
   identify a flow.  To address the limitations of the network
   information query space provided by the legacy ALTO protocol, this
   document takes two approaches: extending the existing ALTO cost query
   services with fine-grained semantics, and enabling a new flow-based
   query service named Flow Cost Service.  These extensions move ALTO to
   a more flexible and expressive network information query space.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gao-alto-fcs/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gao-alto-fcs-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gao-alto-fcs-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gao-alto-fcs-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/