Subject: I-D Action: draft-suthar-icnrg-icn-lte-4g-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2017 12:02:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Native Deployment of ICN in LTE, 4G Mobile Networks
        Authors         : Prakash Suthar
                          Milan Stolic
                          Anil Jangam
	Filename        : draft-suthar-icnrg-icn-lte-4g-02.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2017-07-02

Abstract:
   LTE, 4G mobile networks use IP transport which is not optimized for
   data transport. IP unicast routing from server to clients is used for
   delivery of multimedia content to User Equipment (UE), where each
   user gets separate stream. From bandwidth and routing perspective
   this approach is inefficient. Multicast and broadcast technologies
   have emerged recently for mobile networks, but their deployments are
   very limited or at an experimental stage due to complex architecture
   and radio spectrum issues. ICN is a rapidly emerging technology with
   built in features for efficient multimedia data delivery, however
   majority of the work is focused on fixed networks. The main focus of
   this draft is on native deployment of ICN in cellular mobile networks
   by using ICN into 3GPP protocol stack. ICN has an inherent capability
   for multicast, anchorless mobility, security and it is optimized for
   data delivery using local caching at the edge. The native ICN or dual
   stack (along with IP) deployment will bring all inherent benefits and
   help in optimizing mobile networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-suthar-icnrg-icn-lte-4g/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-suthar-icnrg-icn-lte-4g-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-suthar-icnrg-icn-lte-4g-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-suthar-icnrg-icn-lte-4g-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/