Subject: I-D Action: draft-dykim-v6ops-sid6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2017 02:32:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Subnet ID Deprecation for IPv6
        Author          : DY Kim
	Filename        : draft-dykim-v6ops-sid6-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2017-08-01

Abstract:
   Deprecation of the subnet ID in IPv6 networking is proposed; the
   subnet ID is set to zero so that all nodes in a site carry the same
   prefix.  While the procedures for neighbor discovery and duplicate
   address detection have to be changed, possible simplification gains
   in IPv6 networking including that of intra-site host- and subnet-
   mobility might be worth the modification.  Site-external behaviors
   don't change through this modification, enabling incremental
   deployment of the proposal.  Sites of manageable sizes for which
   scalability is not much a critical issue might consider the mode of
   operation proposed in this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dykim-v6ops-sid6/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dykim-v6ops-sid6-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dykim-v6ops-sid6-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/