Subject: I-D Action: draft-paul-pce-rsvp-spring-migration-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 18:30:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PCEP extension to support to support service migration from rsvp to spring or vice versa
        Author          : Arijit Paul
	Filename        : draft-paul-pce-rsvp-spring-migration-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2017-08-30

Abstract:
   In a SDN environment, path computation element protocol(PCEP)(RFC 5440)
   is used between a controller and the network devices, using which controller
   can setup and tear down Resource ReserVation Protocol (RSVP) based label
   switched paths(LSPs) in the network having Path Computation Client (PCC)
   as Label Switched Router (LSR). Draft draft-sivabalan-pce-segment-routing
   extends PCEP specification in order to support setup and teardown of
   Segment Routing(SR) Label Switched Path(LSR). In a mixed environment where
   some of the LSPs are setup using PCEP use RSVP and some LSPs are based on
   Segment routing(SR). The specifications lacks a method to advertise the
   LSP preference to use one type of LSP over other when those are setup
   using PCEP. This draft defines a method to advertise the preference for any
   LSP setup by PCEP.

   This document proposes new optional TLV that can be used to announce
   the preference of LSP which is being setup using PCEP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-paul-pce-rsvp-spring-migration/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-paul-pce-rsvp-spring-migration-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-paul-pce-rsvp-spring-migration-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/