Subject: I-D Action: draft-yanhuan-sfc-aggregation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 11:01:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Service Chain Aggregation Architecture
        Authors         : Huan Yan
                          Yong Li
                          Haiyang Sun
                          Chunshan Xiong
                          Depeng Jin
	Filename        : draft-yanhuan-sfc-aggregation-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2017-08-22

Abstract:
	Service chains specifying the ordered sequences of network functions
	according to network policies requested, play a very important role
	in improving network performance in most networks. With the
	introduction of Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and Network
	Function Virtualization (NFV) technologies, service chains can be
	immediately deployed in more effective ways. Since different
	customers or operators would request multiple service chains in the
	same network but different administrative domains, and the multiple
	service chains may apply to the same network connection, we propose
	a service chain aggregation architecture that has ability to
	effectively aggregate them before the deployment. In this
	architecture, we determine the aggregating order of service chains
	according to different conditions verifying the aggregation
	effectiveness. The benefits of our architecture are 1) security, 2)
	network resource (e.g., flow entries in switches) savings and 3)
	scalability.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yanhuan-sfc-aggregation/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yanhuan-sfc-aggregation-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-yanhuan-sfc-aggregation-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/