Subject: I-D Action: draft-hallambaker-mesh-naming-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 12:04:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Naming in the Mathematical Mesh.
        Author          : Phillip Hallam-Baker
	Filename        : draft-hallambaker-mesh-naming-00.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2017-08-12

Abstract:
   The importance of naming in information systems is explained with
   reference to a typical use case.  Existing Internet naming systems
   attempt to strike a balance between usability and machine
   readability.  An alternative approach in which separate classes of
   identifiers are introduced for human and machine interaction is
   described.  Human Interaction Identifiers are interpreted in the
   context in which they are used and are thus more compact and offer a
   superior user experience.  Strong Internet Names are a form of
   Machine Interaction Identifier that are backwards compatible with
   existing Internet names that include a DNS address and are
   cryptographically bound to a security policy governing
   interpretation.  The application of these approaches in the
   Mathematical Mesh is described.

   This document is also available online at
   http://prismproof.org/Documents/draft-hallambaker-mesh-naming.html .

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hallambaker-mesh-naming/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hallambaker-mesh-naming-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hallambaker-mesh-naming-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/