Subject: I-D Action: draft-nottingham-thanks-larry-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 07:54:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Reserving the 418 HTTP Status Code
        Author          : Mark Nottingham
	Filename        : draft-nottingham-thanks-larry-00.txt
	Pages           : 3
	Date            : 2017-08-11

Abstract:
   [RFC2324] was an April 1 RFC that lampooned the various ways HTTP was
   abused; one such abuse was the definition of the application-specific
   418 (I'm a Teapot) status code.

   In the intervening years, this status code has been widely
   implemented as an "easter egg", and therefore is effectively consumed
   by this use.

   This document changes 418 to the status of "Reserved" in the IANA
   HTTP Status Code registry to reflect that.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nottingham-thanks-larry/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-thanks-larry-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-nottingham-thanks-larry-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/