Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2017 10:28:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Managed Incident Lightweight Exchange WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Incident Object Description Exchange Format Usage Guidance
        Authors         : Panos Kampanakis
                          Mio Suzuki
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance-11.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2017-09-07

Abstract:
   The Incident Object Description Exchange Format (IODEF) v2 (RFC7970)
   defines a data representation that provides a framework for sharing
   information about computer security incidents commonly exchanged by
   Computer Security Incident Response Teams (CSIRTs) .  Since the IODEF
   model includes a wealth of available options that can be used to
   describe a security incident or issue, it can be challenging for
   security practitioners to develop tools that leverage IODEF for
   incident sharing.  This document provides guidelines for IODEF
   implementers.  It addresses how common security indicators can be
   represented in IODEF and use-cases of how IODEF is being used.  This
   document aims to make IODEF's adoption by vendors easier and
   encourage faster and wider adoption of the model by CSIRTs around the
   world.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mile-iodef-guidance-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/