Subject: I-D Action: draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 04:08:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Impact of Transport Header Encryption on Operation and Evolution of the Internet
        Authors         : Godred Fairhurst
                          Colin Perkins
	Filename        : draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-04.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2017-09-29

Abstract:
   This document describes implications of applying end-to-end
   encryption at the transport layer.  It identifies some in-network
   uses of transport layer header information that can be used with a
   transport header integrity check.  It reviews the implication of
   developing encrypted end-to-end transport protocols and examines the
   implication of developing and deploying encrypted end-to-end
   transport protocols.  Since transport measurement and analysis of the
   impact of network characteristics have been important to the design
   of current transport protocols, it also considers some anticipated
   implications on transport and application evolution.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-transport-encrypt/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/