Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-nvo3-geneve-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 23:13:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Virtualization Overlays WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Geneve: Generic Network Virtualization Encapsulation
        Authors         : Jesse Gross
                          Ilango Ganga
                          T. Sridhar
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nvo3-geneve-05.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2017-09-12

Abstract:
   Network virtualization involves the cooperation of devices with a
   wide variety of capabilities such as software and hardware tunnel
   endpoints, transit fabrics, and centralized control clusters.  As a
   result of their role in tying together different elements in the
   system, the requirements on tunnels are influenced by all of these
   components.  Flexibility is therefore the most important aspect of a
   tunnel protocol if it is to keep pace with the evolution of the
   system.  This draft describes Geneve, a protocol designed to
   recognize and accommodate these changing capabilities and needs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-geneve/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nvo3-geneve-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nvo3-geneve-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nvo3-geneve-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/