Subject: I-D Action: draft-trammell-inip-pins-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 04:30:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Properties of an Ideal Naming Service
        Author          : Brian Trammell
	Filename        : draft-trammell-inip-pins-04.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2017-09-20

Abstract:
   This document specifies a set of necessary functions and desirable
   properties of an ideal system for resolving names to addresses and
   associated information for establishing communication associations in
   the Internet.  For each property, it briefly explains the rationale
   behind it, and how the property is or could be met with the present
   Domain Name System.  It is intended to start a discussion within the
   IAB's Names and Identifiers program about gaps between the present
   reality of DNS and the naming service the Internet needs by returning
   to first principles.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-trammell-inip-pins/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-trammell-inip-pins-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-trammell-inip-pins-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-trammell-inip-pins-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/