Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnssd-pairing-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 22:26:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Extensions for Scalable DNS Service Discovery  WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Device Pairing Using Short Authentication Strings
        Authors         : Christian Huitema
                          Daniel Kaiser
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnssd-pairing-03.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2017-09-10

Abstract:
   This document proposes a device pairing mechanism that establishes a
   relation between two devices by agreeing on a secret and manually
   verifying the secret's authenticity using an SAS (short
   authentication string).  Pairing has to be performed only once per
   pair of devices, as for a re-discovery at any later point in time,
   the exchanged secret can be used for mutual authentication.

   The proposed pairing method is suited for each application area where
   human operated devices need to establish a relation that allows
   configurationless and privacy preserving re-discovery at any later
   point in time.  Since privacy preserving applications are the main
   suitors, we especially care about privacy.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnssd-pairing/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnssd-pairing-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnssd-pairing-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnssd-pairing-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/