Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc5011-security-considerations-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 16:25:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Security Considerations for RFC5011 Publishers
        Authors         : Wes Hardaker
                          Warren Kumari
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc5011-security-considerations-03.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2017-09-12

Abstract:
   This document extends the RFC5011 rollover strategy with timing
   advice that must be followed in order to maintain security.
   Specifically, this document describes the math behind the minimum
   time-length that a DNS zone publisher must wait before signing
   exclusively with recently added DNSKEYs.  This document also
   describes the minimum time-length that a DNS zone publisher must wait
   after publishing a revoked DNSKEY before assuming that all active
   RFC5011 resolvers should have seen the revocation-marked key and
   removed it from their list of trust anchors.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc5011-security-considerations/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc5011-security-considerations-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc5011-security-considerations-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc5011-security-considerations-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/