Subject: I-D Action: draft-srivastav-netmod-formulae-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 23:55:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : YANG extension Statements for formulae modeling
        Author          : Sudhanshu Kumar Srivastav
	Filename        : draft-srivastav-netmod-formulae-00.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2017-09-12

Abstract:
   Operational data can be divided into multiple categories like i)
   state data, ii) raw performance counter, iii) Derived/calculated
   Counters by arithmetic operation on raw performance counters also
   referred as KPIs. Existing YANG built-in-types only define the way to
   model the state data and raw performance counters but have no
   provision for modelling derived performance counters representing an
   equivalent of a simple mathematical formula.

   This document define extensions for the modeling language YANG as new
   language statements, which introduce a method to model KPIs aka
   mathematical expression in YANG data modeling language and describes
   the syntax and semantics of newly added .

   As KPIs require limited number of mathematical operations viz. +, /,
   -, *,minimum, maximum, summation are needed. Hence, +, /, -,
   *,minimum, maximum, summation are needed. Hence, our proposal is to
   enhance YANG to support formula based nodes for these basic
   arithmetic operations. YANG is enhanced to model KPI formulae with
   basic arithmetic operations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-srivastav-netmod-formulae/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-srivastav-netmod-formulae-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-srivastav-netmod-formulae-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/