Subject: I-D Action: draft-lucas-dtls-multicast-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 07:22:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DTLS Multicast
        Author          : Roger Lucas
	Filename        : draft-lucas-dtls-multicast-00.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2017-09-13

Abstract:
  This proposal to provide a secure multicast 1-to-N or M-to-N device
  capability, with the same level of reliability as the underlying
  multicast network, also aims to be light-weight and supported
  by a very constrained device. Guaranteed reliability would be
  provided by an additional protocol working in co-operation with it.

  The aim is to support end to end secure communications in the edge
  device world of IoT where the transport methods will vary or at
  least change once the IP realm is left. Hence there is no
  dependence on Ipv6 or IP or CoAP and no restrictions that might be
  introduced if too specific an end node application was implied. It
  is network independent, it just must be possible to transmit and
  receive frames in multicast.

  This can be achieved with simply a minimal change to the DTLS
  behavior and using current DTLS libraries. DTLS headers are not
  changed, additional headers are used in the packets before the DTLS
  traffic.

  DTLS Multicast keeps the layer concept pure and independent, hence
  it can be used for routing something that is not CoAP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lucas-dtls-multicast/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lucas-dtls-multicast-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lucas-dtls-multicast-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/