Subject: I-D Action: draft-perlman-trill-rbridge-data-encoding-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 20:00:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : RBridges: TRILL Link Data Optimizations
        Authors         : Radia Perlman
                          Donald E. Eastlake
                          Yizhou Li
                          Anoop Ghanwani
	Filename        : draft-perlman-trill-rbridge-data-encoding-08.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2017-09-24

Abstract:
   TRILL (TRansparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) Data frames can
   be encoded so as to make more efficient use of communications links
   under certain circumstances.  This document specifies two such
   optional optimizations.  One, called Compact Format, improves the
   compactness of encoding where a TRILL link is a point-to-point
   Ethernet link.  The other, called Specific Addressing, optionally
   decreases the burden on multi-access TRILL links for multi-
   destination TRILL Data frames. This document updates RFC 6325.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-perlman-trill-rbridge-data-encoding/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-perlman-trill-rbridge-data-encoding-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-perlman-trill-rbridge-data-encoding-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-perlman-trill-rbridge-data-encoding-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/