Subject: I-D Action: draft-jovev-tsvwg-sctp-rto-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 01:49:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Determining SCTP's Retransmission Timer
        Author          : Dimitar Jovev
	Filename        : draft-jovev-tsvwg-sctp-rto-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2017-09-21

Abstract:
   This document defines a modification in the RFC 4960 [RFC4960]
   defined Stream Control Transmission Protocol's (SCTP's)
   Retransmission Timer (RTO) calculation method.

   The modification is aimed to reduce the frequency of spurious T3
   timeouts, which are caused by underestimated RTO values, derived by
   the [RFC4960] defend RTO calculation method.  The proposed
   modification aligns the RTO calculation method with the
   characteristics of the statistical estimator algorithms, which are
   used for SRTT and RTTVAR calculation, the SCTP protocol data transfer
   rules and the characteristics of the data packets' arrival pattern in
   the telecom signalling networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jovev-tsvwg-sctp-rto/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jovev-tsvwg-sctp-rto-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-jovev-tsvwg-sctp-rto-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/