Subject: I-D Action: draft-mohanty-bess-mutipath-interas-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 14:32:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP Multipath in Inter-AS Option-B
        Authors         : Satya Ranjan Mohanty
                          Arjun Sreekantiah
                          Dhananjaya Rao
                          Keyur Patel
	Filename        : draft-mohanty-bess-mutipath-interas-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2017-09-11

Abstract:
   By default, The Border Gateway Protocol, BGP only installs the best-
   path to the IP Routing Table.  BGP multi-path is a well known feature
   that enables installation of multiple paths to the IP Routing Table.
   This is done to achieve load balancing while forwarding traffic.  For
   a path to be eligible as a multi-path, certain criteria need to be
   fulfilled.  Inter-AS VPNs are commonly deployed to span organizations
   across Service Provider boundaries.  In this draft, we describe an
   issue relating to multi-path load balancing that can arise in an
   Option B Inter-AS Deployment.  With the help of a representative
   topology, we illustrate the problem and then present two simple
   schemes as the solution to the problem.  We also note as a matter of
   independent interest that the same underlying issue is applicable to
   deployments that employ next-hop-self behavior (implicit or explicit)
   downstream and the multi-path feature upstream.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mohanty-bess-mutipath-interas/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mohanty-bess-mutipath-interas-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mohanty-bess-mutipath-interas-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mohanty-bess-mutipath-interas-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/