Subject: I-D Action: draft-trammell-taps-post-sockets-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2017 01:55:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Post Sockets, An Abstract Programming Interface for the Transport Layer
        Authors         : Brian Trammell
                          Colin Perkins
                          Tommy Pauly
                          Mirja Kuehlewind
                          Chris Wood
	Filename        : draft-trammell-taps-post-sockets-01.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2017-09-08

Abstract:
   This document describes Post Sockets, an asynchronous abstract
   programming interface for the atomic transmission of messages in an
   inherently multipath environment.  Post replaces connections with
   long-lived associations between endpoints, with the possibility to
   cache cryptographic state in order to reduce amortized connection
   latency.  We present this abstract interface as an illustration of
   what is possible with present developments in transport protocols
   when freed from the strictures of the current sockets API.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-trammell-taps-post-sockets/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-trammell-taps-post-sockets-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-trammell-taps-post-sockets-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-trammell-taps-post-sockets-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/