Subject: I-D Action: draft-paul-pce-rsvp-spring-migration-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2017 16:37:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PCEP extension to support service migration from rsvp to spring or vice versa
        Author          : Arijit Paul
	Filename        : draft-paul-pce-rsvp-spring-migration-01.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2017-09-01

Abstract:
   In a SDN environment, path computation element protocol(PCEP)
   (RFC 5440) is used between a controller and the network devices,
   using which controller can setup and tear down Resource ReserVation
   Protocol (RSVP) based label switched paths(LSPs) in the network
   having Path Computation Client (PCC) as Label Switched Router (LSR).
   Draft draft-sivabalan-pce-segment-routing extends PCEP specification
   in order to support setup and teardown of Segment Routing(SR) Label
   Switched Path(LSR). In a mixed environment where some of the LSPs are
   setup using PCEP use RSVP and some LSPs are based on Segment
   routing(SR). The specifications lacks a method to advertise the
   LSP preferenace to use one type of LSP over other when those are
   setup using PCEP. This draft defines a method to advertise the
   preference for any LSP which is setup using PCEP.

   This document proposes new optional TLV that can be used to announce
   the preference of LSP which is being setup using PCEP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-paul-pce-rsvp-spring-migration/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-paul-pce-rsvp-spring-migration-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-paul-pce-rsvp-spring-migration-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-paul-pce-rsvp-spring-migration-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/