Subject: I-D Action: draft-white-openfabric-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 19:02:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IS-IS Support for Openfabric
        Authors         : Russ White
                          Shawn Zandi
	Filename        : draft-white-openfabric-03.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2017-10-10

Abstract:
   Spine and leaf topologies are widely used in hyperscale and cloud
   scale networks.  In most of these networks, configuration is
   automated, but difficult, and topology information is extracted
   through broad based connections.  Policy is often integrated into the
   control plane, as well, making configuration, management, and
   troubleshooting difficult.  Openfabric is an adaptation of an
   existing, widely deployed link state protocol, Intermediate System to
   Intermediate System (IS-IS) that is designed to:

   o  Provide a full view of the topology from a single point in the
      network to simplify operations

   o  Minimize configuration of each Intermediate System (IS) (also
      called a router or switch) in the network

   o  Optimize the operation of IS-IS within a spine and leaf fabric to
      enable scaling

   This document begins with an overview of openfabric, including a
   description of what may be removed from IS-IS to enable scaling.  The
   document then describes an optimized adjacency formation process; an
   optimized flooding scheme; some thoughts on the operation of
   openfabric, metrics, and aggregation; and finally a description of
   the changes to the IS-IS protocol required for openfabric.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-white-openfabric/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-white-openfabric-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-white-openfabric-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-white-openfabric-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/