Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ntp-mac-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 12:48:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Time Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Message Authentication Code for the Network Time Protocol
        Authors         : Aanchal Malhotra
                          Sharon Goldberg
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ntp-mac-02.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2017-10-30

Abstract:
   RFC 5905 [RFC5905] states that Network Time Protocol (NTP) packets
   should be authenticated by appending a 128-bit key to the NTP data,
   and hashing the result with MD5 to obtain a 128-bit tag.  This
   document deprecates MD5-based authentication, which is considered to
   be too weak, and recommends the use of AES-CMAC [RFC4493] as a
   replacement.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-mac/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ntp-mac-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ntp-mac-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ntp-mac-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/