Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-ipv4-prefix-over-ipv6-nh-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 14:13:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocols for IP Multicast WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Use of PIM Address List Hello across address families
        Authors         : Ashutosh Gupta
                          Stig Venaas
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-ipv4-prefix-over-ipv6-nh-01.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2017-10-27

Abstract:
   In the PIM Sparse Mode standard there is an Address List Hello option
   used to list secondary addresses of an interface.  Usually the
   addresses would be of the same address family as the primary address.
   In this document we provide a use case for listing secondary
   addresses that are from a different family.  In particular, Multi-
   Protocol BGP (MP-BGP) has support for distributing next-hop
   information for multiple address families using one AFI/SAFI Network
   Layer Reachability Information (NLRI).  When using this combined with
   PIM, the Address List Hello option can be used to determine which PIM
   neighbor to use as RPF neighbor.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-ipv4-prefix-over-ipv6-nh/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pim-ipv4-prefix-over-ipv6-nh-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pim-ipv4-prefix-over-ipv6-nh-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pim-ipv4-prefix-over-ipv6-nh-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/