Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-detnet-dp-sol-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 15:17:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Deterministic Networking WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DetNet Data Plane Encapsulation
        Authors         : Jouni Korhonen
                          Loa Andersson
                          Yuanlong Jiang
                          Norman Finn
                          Balázs Varga
                          Janos Farkas
                          Carlos J. Bernardos
                          Tal Mizrahi
                          Lou Berger
	Filename        : draft-ietf-detnet-dp-sol-00.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2017-10-30

Abstract:
   This document specifies Deterministic Networking data plane
   encapsulation solutions.  The described data plane solutions can be
   applied over either IP or MPLS Packet Switched Networks.

   Comment #1:  SB> An overarching comment is that the early part of the
     document is really fundamental architecture and perhaps belongs in
     the arch draft, leaving this draft to be more specific about
     solutions.  Indeed if we cannot find a single solution that maps to
     both IP and MPLS underlays I wonder if we should publish two
     specialist RFCs?

   Discussion:  One document at the beginning, split into two if/when
     needed.  Would be post adoption in any case.

   Comment #2:  SB> Whilst I think we should look for a common solution
     to IP and MPLS I do not think that this is where the DT ended up.

   Discussion:  Agree.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-dp-sol/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-detnet-dp-sol-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-detnet-dp-sol-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/