Subject: I-D Action: draft-heitz-idr-route-leak-community-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2017 16:43:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP Route Leak Protection Community
        Authors         : Jakob Heitz
                          Job Snijders
	Filename        : draft-heitz-idr-route-leak-community-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2017-10-01

Abstract:
   In general, BGP autonomous system (AS) relationships are either
   customer-transit or peer-peer.  If an AS sends a route received from
   a transit or a peer to another transit or to another peer, it is
   considered a route leak.  AS relationships are sometimes different
   for different routes or in different regions.  A method of detecting
   route leaks is proposed that does not require participation by the
   leaking AS or by IXPs.  Only the ASes that perform leak detection
   need to adopt the proposal.  ASes that request leak protection need
   to send a community to make the request.  The proposal works even if
   the leaking AS or other ASes modify or discard path attributes in the
   route or create more specific routes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-heitz-idr-route-leak-community/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-heitz-idr-route-leak-community-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-heitz-idr-route-leak-community-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/