Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-arp-optimization-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2017 23:29:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links WG of the IETF.

        Title           : TRILL: ARP/ND Optimization
        Authors         : Yizhou Li
                          Donald Eastlake
                          Linda Dunbar
                          Radia Perlman
                          Mohammed Umair
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-arp-optimization-09.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2017-10-08

Abstract:
   This document describes mechanisms to optimize the ARP (Address
   Resolution Protocol) and ND (Neighbor Discovery) traffic in a TRILL
   campus. TRILL switches maintain a cache of IP/MAC address/Data Label
   bindings that are learned from ARP/ND requests and responses that
   pass through them. In many cases, this cache allows an edge RBridge
   to avoid flooding an ARP/ND request by either responding to it
   directly or by encapsulating it and unicasting it. Such optimization
   reduces packet flooding over a TRILL campus.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-arp-optimization/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-arp-optimization-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-trill-arp-optimization-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-arp-optimization-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/