Subject: I-D Action: draft-skr-bess-evpn-pim-proxy-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 06:18:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PIM Proxy in EVPN Networks
        Authors         : Jorge Rabadan
                          Jayant Kotalwar
                          Senthil Sathappan
                          Zhaohui Zhang
                          Ali Sajassi
	Filename        : draft-skr-bess-evpn-pim-proxy-01.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2017-10-30

Abstract:
   Ethernet Virtual Private Networks [RFC7432] are becoming prevalent in
   Data Centers, Data Center Interconnect (DCI) and Service Provider VPN
   applications. One of the goals that EVPN pursues is the reduction of
   flooding and the efficiency of CE-based control plane procedures in
   Broadcast Domains. Examples of this are Proxy ARP/ND and IGMP/MLD
   Proxy. This document complements the latter, describing the
   procedures required to minimize the flooding of PIM messages in EVPN
   Broadcast Domains, and optimize the IP Multicast delivery between PIM
   routers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-skr-bess-evpn-pim-proxy/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-skr-bess-evpn-pim-proxy-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-skr-bess-evpn-pim-proxy-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-skr-bess-evpn-pim-proxy-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/