Subject: I-D Action: draft-sullivan-randomness-improvements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 14:33:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Randomness Improvements for Security Protocols
        Authors         : Luke Garratt
                          Nick Sullivan
	Filename        : draft-sullivan-randomness-improvements-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2017-10-30

Abstract:
   Randomness is a crucial ingredient for TLS and related transport
   security protocols.  Weak or predictable cryptographically-strong
   pseudorandom number generators (CSPRNGs) can be abused or exploited
   for malicious purposes.  See the Dual EC random number backdoor for a
   relevant example of this problem.  This document describes a way for
   security protocol participants to mix their long-term private key
   into the entropy pool from which random values are derived.  This may
   help mitigate problems that stem from broken CSPRNGs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sullivan-randomness-improvements/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sullivan-randomness-improvements-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sullivan-randomness-improvements-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/