Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 06:34:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Sliding Window Random Linear Code (RLC) Forward Erasure Correction (FEC) Schemes for FECFRAME
        Authors         : Vincent Roca
                          Belkacem Teibi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-01.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2017-10-27

Abstract:
   This document describes two fully-specified FEC Schemes for Sliding
   Window Random Linear Codes (RLC), one for RLC over GF(2) (binary
   case), a second one for RLC over GF(2^^8), both of them with the
   possibility of controlling the code density.  They are meant to
   protect arbitrary media streams along the lines defined by FECFRAME
   extended to sliding window FEC codes.  These sliding window FEC codes
   rely on an encoding window that slides over the source symbols,
   generating new repair symbols whenever needed.  Compared to block FEC
   codes, these sliding window FEC codes offer key advantages with real-
   time flows in terms of reduced FEC-related latency while often
   providing improved erasure recovery capabilities.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/