Subject: I-D Action: draft-dugeon-pce-stateful-interdomain-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 06:28:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PCEP Extension for Stateful Inter-Domain Tunnels
        Authors         : Olivier Dugeon
                          Julien Meuric
	Filename        : draft-dugeon-pce-stateful-interdomain-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2017-10-27

Abstract:
   The Path Computation Element (PCE) working group (WG) has produced a
   set of RFCs to standardize the behavior of the Path Computation
   Element as a tool to help MPLS-TE, GMPLS LSP tunnels and Segment
   Routing paths placement.  This also include the ability to compute
   inter-domain LSPs or Segment Routing path following a distributed or
   hierarchical approach.  In complement to the original stateless mode,
   a stateful mode has been added.  In particular, the new PCInitiate
   message allows a PCE to directly ask a PCC to setup an MPLS-TE, GMPLS
   LSP tunnel or a Segment Routing path.  However, once computed, the
   inter-domain LSPs or Segment Routing path are hard to setup in the
   underlying network.  Especially, in operational network, RSVP-TE
   signaling is not enable between AS border routers.  But, such RSVP-TE
   signaling is mandatory to setup contiguous LSP tunnels or to stitch
   or nest independent LSP tunnels to form the end-to-end inter-domain
   paths.  This document proposes to combine a Backward Recursive or
   Hierarchical method with PCInitiate message to setup independent
   paths per domain, and combine these different paths together in order
   to operated them as end-to-end inter-domain paths without the need of
   signaling session between AS border routers.  A new Stitching Label
   is defined and new LSP-TYPE code points are considered for that
   purpose.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dugeon-pce-stateful-interdomain/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dugeon-pce-stateful-interdomain-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dugeon-pce-stateful-interdomain-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/