Subject: I-D Action: draft-acg-mboned-multicast-models-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 08:34:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Deprecating ASM for Interdomain Multicast
        Authors         : Mikael Abrahamsson
                          Tim Chown
                          Lenny Giuliano
	Filename        : draft-acg-mboned-multicast-models-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2017-10-30

Abstract:
   This document provides a high-level overview of more commonly used
   multicast service models, principally the Any-Source Multicast (ASM)
   and Source-Specific Multicast (SSM) models, and discusses the
   applicability of the models to certain scenarios.  As a result, this
   document recommends that ASM is not used for interdomain scenarios,
   and the use of SSM is strongly recommended for all multicast
   scenarios.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-acg-mboned-multicast-models/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-acg-mboned-multicast-models-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-acg-mboned-multicast-models-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-acg-mboned-multicast-models-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/