Subject: I-D Action: draft-zuo-mptcp-degradation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 15:59:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Proactive Approach to Avoid Performance Degradation of MPTCP
        Authors         : Fanzhao Wang
                          Jing Zuo
                          Zhen Cao
                          Kai Zheng
	Filename        : draft-zuo-mptcp-degradation-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2017-10-30

Abstract:
   One of the goals for MPTCP is utilizing multiple paths to perform at
   least as well as the best path in terms of throughput. However, this
   goal might not be arrived at because of the path asymmetry, which is
   called as the performance-degradation problem of MPTCP in this draft.
   Some existing methods focus on this problem, such as penalizing and
   opportunistic retransmission, which reactively responds to the head-
   of-line blocking for trying their best to send data across all paths.
   In order to efficiently utilize the capabilities of the multiple
   paths, this draft proposes an approach that proactively selects the
   best path(s) to send data instead of always bonding all paths
   together.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zuo-mptcp-degradation/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zuo-mptcp-degradation-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-zuo-mptcp-degradation-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/