Subject: I-D Action: draft-hegde-spring-traffic-accounting-for-sr-paths-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 22:14:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Traffic Accounting for MPLS Segment Routing Paths
        Author          : Shraddha Hegde
	Filename        : draft-hegde-spring-traffic-accounting-for-sr-paths-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2017-10-22

Abstract:
   Traffic statistics form an important part of operations and
   maintenance data that are used to create demand matrices and for
   capacity planning in networks.  Segment Routing (SR) is a source
   routing paradigm that uses stack of labels to represent a path.  The
   SR path specific state is not stored in any other node in the network
   except the head-end node of the SR path.  Traffic statistics specific
   to each SR path are an important component of the data which helps
   the controllers to lay out the SR paths in a way that optimizes the
   use of network resources.  SR paths are inherently ECMP aware.

   As SR paths do not have state in the core of the network, it is not
   possible to collect the SR path traffic statistics accurately on each
   interface.  This document describes an MPLS forwarding plane
   mechanism to identify the SR path to which a packet belongs and so
   facilitate accounting of traffic for MPLS SR paths.

   The mechanisms described in this document may also be applied to
   other MPLS paths (i.e., Label Switched Paths) and can be used to
   track traffic statistics in multipoint-to-point environments such as
   those where LDP is in use.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hegde-spring-traffic-accounting-for-sr-paths/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hegde-spring-traffic-accounting-for-sr-paths-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hegde-spring-traffic-accounting-for-sr-paths-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/