Subject: I-D Action: draft-qasem-roll-rpl-load-balancing-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 06:28:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Load Balancing Objective Function in RPL
        Authors         : Mamoun Qasem
                          Ahmed Al-Dubai
                          Imed Romdhani
                          Baraq Ghaleb
                          Jianqiang Hou
                          Rahul Arvind Jadhav
	Filename        : draft-qasem-roll-rpl-load-balancing-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2017-10-29

Abstract:
   This document proposes an extended Objective Function(OF)that
   balances the number of child nodes of the parent nodes to avoid the
   overloading problem and ensure node lifetime maximization in the IPv6
   Routing Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks (RPL). The standard
   OFs are used to build a Destination Oriented Directed Acyclic Graph
   (DODAG) where the bottleneck nodes may suffer from unbalanced traffic
   load. As a result, a part of the network may be disconnected as the
   energy of the overloaded preferred parent node will drain much faster
   than other candidate parents. Thus, a new RPL metric has been
   introduced to balance the traffic load over the network. Finally, the
   potential extra overhead has been mitigated using a new utilization
   technique.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-qasem-roll-rpl-load-balancing/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-qasem-roll-rpl-load-balancing-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-qasem-roll-rpl-load-balancing-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-qasem-roll-rpl-load-balancing-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/