Subject: I-D Action: draft-atlas-external-normref-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 19:36:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Normative References in RFCs from Open Source
        Authors         : Alia Atlas
                          Eliot Lear
                          Joel Halpern
                          Heather Flanagan
                          Jeff Tantsura
	Filename        : draft-atlas-external-normref-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2017-10-29

Abstract:
   IETF procedures generally require that a standards track RFC may not
   have a normative reference to a non standards track specification
   except those from other
   standards bodies.  This document creates an External Specification
   registry, similar to the DownRef registry that has been created based
   on [RFC3967] and permits normative references to community accepted
   external specifications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-atlas-external-normref/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-atlas-external-normref-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-atlas-external-normref-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/