Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-cocoa-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 15:31:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : CoAP Simple Congestion Control/Advanced
        Authors         : Carsten Bormann
                          August Betzler
                          Carles Gomez
                          Ilker Demirkol
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-cocoa-02.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2017-10-30

Abstract:
   The CoAP protocol needs to be implemented in such a way that it does
   not cause persistent congestion on the network it uses.  The CoRE
   CoAP specification defines basic behavior that exhibits low risk of
   congestion with minimal implementation requirements.  It also leaves
   room for combining the base specification with advanced congestion
   control mechanisms with higher performance.

   This specification defines more advanced, but still simple CoRE
   Congestion Control mechanisms, called CoCoA.  The core of these
   mechanisms is a Retransmission TimeOut (RTO) algorithm that makes use
   of Round-Trip Time (RTT) estimates, in contrast with how the RTO is
   determined as per the base CoAP specification (RFC 7252).  The
   mechanisms defined in this document have relatively low complexity,
   yet they improve the default CoAP RTO algorithm.  The design of the
   mechanisms in this specification has made use of input from
   simulations and experiments in real networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-cocoa/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-cocoa-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-core-cocoa-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-cocoa-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/