Subject: I-D Action: draft-roca-nwcrg-generic-fec-api-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 06:23:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Generic Application Programming Interface (API) for Window-Based Codes
        Authors         : Vincent Roca
                          Jonathan Detchart
                          Cedric Adjih
                          Morten V. Pedersen
                          Ian Swett
	Filename        : draft-roca-nwcrg-generic-fec-api-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2017-10-27

Abstract:
   This document introduces a generic Application Programming Interface
   (API) for window-based FEC codes.  This API is meant to be usable by
   any sliding window FEC code, independently of the FEC Scheme or
   network coding protocol that may rely on it.  This API defines the
   core procedures and functions meant to control the codec (i.e.,
   implementation of the FEC code), but leaves out all upper layer
   aspects (e.g., signalling) that are the responsibility of the
   application making use of the codec.  A goal of this document is to
   pave the way for a future open-source implementation of such codes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-roca-nwcrg-generic-fec-api/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-roca-nwcrg-generic-fec-api-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-roca-nwcrg-generic-fec-api-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/