Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc5011-security-considerations-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 14:21:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Security Considerations for RFC5011 Publishers
        Authors         : Wes Hardaker
                          Warren Kumari
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc5011-security-considerations-07.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2017-10-18

Abstract:
   This document extends the RFC5011 rollover strategy with timing
   advice that must be followed in order to maintain security.
   Specifically, this document describes the math behind the minimum
   time-length that a DNS zone publisher must wait before signing
   exclusively with recently added DNSKEYs.  It contains much math and
   complicated equations, but the summary is that the key rollover /
   revocation time is much longer than intuition would suggest.  If you
   are not both publishing a DNSSEC trust anchor, and using RFC5011 to
   update that trust anchor, you probably don't need to read this
   document.

   This document also describes the minimum time-length that a DNS zone
   publisher must wait after publishing a revoked DNSKEY before assuming
   that all active RFC5011 resolvers should have seen the revocation-
   marked key and removed it from their list of trust anchors.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc5011-security-considerations/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc5011-security-considerations-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc5011-security-considerations-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc5011-security-considerations-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/