Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-experimentation-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 14:45:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Relaxing Restrictions on Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) Experimentation
        Author          : David Black
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-experimentation-07.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2017-10-20

Abstract:
   This memo updates RFC 3168, which specifies Explicit Congestion
   Notification (ECN) as an alternative to packet drops for indicating
   network congestion to endpoints.  It relaxes restrictions in RFC 3168
   that hinder experimentation towards benefits beyond just removal of
   loss.  This memo summarizes the anticipated areas of experimentation
   and updates RFC 3168 to enable experimentation in these areas.  An
   Experimental RFC in the IETF document stream is required to take
   advantage of any of these enabling updates.  In addition, this memo
   makes related updates to the ECN specifications for RTP in RFC 6679
   and for DCCP in RFC 4341, RFC 4342 and RFC 5622.  This memo also
   records the conclusion of the ECN nonce experiment in RFC 3540, and
   provides the rationale for reclassification of RFC 3540 as Historic;
   this reclassification enables new experimental use of the ECT(1)
   codepoint.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-experimentation/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-experimentation-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-experimentation-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-experimentation-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/