Subject: I-D Action: draft-tiloca-tls-dos-handshake-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 04:54:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Extension for protecting (D)TLS handshakes against Denial of Service
        Authors         : Marco Tiloca
                          Ludwig Seitz
                          Maarten Hoeve
                          Olaf Bergmann
	Filename        : draft-tiloca-tls-dos-handshake-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2017-10-28

Abstract:
   This document describes an extension for TLS and DTLS to protect the
   server from Denial of Service attacks against the handshake protocol,
   carried out by an on-path adversary.  The extension includes a nonce
   and a Message Authentication Code (MAC) over that nonce, encoded as a
   Handshake Token that a Trust Anchor entity computes and provides to
   the client.  The server registered at the Trust Anchor verifies the
   MAC to determine whether continuing or aborting the handshake.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tiloca-tls-dos-handshake/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tiloca-tls-dos-handshake-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-tiloca-tls-dos-handshake-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tiloca-tls-dos-handshake-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/