Subject: I-D Action: draft-tiesel-taps-socketintents-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 12:54:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Socket Intents
        Authors         : Philipp S. Tiesel
                          Theresa Enghardt
                          Anja Feldmann
	Filename        : draft-tiesel-taps-socketintents-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2017-10-28

Abstract:
   This document outlines Socket Intents, a concept that allows
   applications to share their knowledge about upcoming communication
   and express their performance preferences in a generic, intuitive
   and, portable way.  Using Socket Intents, an application can express
   what it knows, assumes, expects, or wants regarding its network
   communication.  The information provided by Socket Intents can be
   used by the network stack to optimize communication in a best-effort
   way.

   Socket Intent can be used to stem against the complexity of
   exploiting transport diversity, e.g., to automate the choice among
   multiple paths, provisioning domains or protocols.  By shifting this
   complexity from the application developer to the operating system, it
   enables the use of these transport features to a wider range of
   applications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tiesel-taps-socketintents/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tiesel-taps-socketintents-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-tiesel-taps-socketintents-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tiesel-taps-socketintents-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/