Subject: I-D Action: draft-xie-bier-mvpn-mpls-p2mp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 05:11:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Multicast VPN Using MPLS P2MP and BIER
        Author          : Jingrong Xie
	Filename        : draft-xie-bier-mvpn-mpls-p2mp-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2017-10-27

Abstract:
   The Multicast Virtual Private Network (MVPN) specifications defines
   P-tunnels for carrying multicast traffic across the backbone.  A
   variety of P-tunnel types are supported.  Bit Index Explicit
   Replication (BIER) is a new architecture that provides optimal
   multicast forwarding through a "multicast domain", without requiring
   intermediate routers to maintain any per-flow state.  The purpose of
   the current document is to specify one way of carrying multicast
   traffic over an SP MPLS backbone network using compatible method and
   encapsulation of BIER.  It uses a pre-build P2MP as the BIER
   topology, and uses mLDP/RSVP-TE protocol extension to build BIER-
   related underlay routing and forwarding information in-band when
   building the P2MP topology.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xie-bier-mvpn-mpls-p2mp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xie-bier-mvpn-mpls-p2mp-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-xie-bier-mvpn-mpls-p2mp-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/