Subject: I-D Action: draft-friel-tls-over-http-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 12:47:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Application-Layer TLS
        Authors         : Owen Friel
                          Richard Barnes
                          Max Pritikin
	Filename        : draft-friel-tls-over-http-00.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2017-10-30

Abstract:
   Many clients need to establish secure connections to application
   services but face challenges establishing these connections due to
   the presence of middleboxes that terminate TLS connections from the
   client and restablish new TLS connections to the service.  This
   document defines a mechanism for transporting TLS records in HTTP
   message bodies between clients and services.  This enables clients
   and services to establish secure connections using TLS at the
   application layer, and treat any middleboxes that are intercepting
   traffic at the network layer as untrusted transport.  In short, this
   mechanism moves the TLS handshake up the OSI stack to the application
   layer.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-friel-tls-over-http/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-friel-tls-over-http-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-friel-tls-over-http-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/