Subject: I-D Action: draft-bishop-httpbis-http2-additional-certs-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 14:40:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Secondary Certificate Authentication in HTTP/2
        Authors         : Mike Bishop
                          Nick Sullivan
                          Martin Thomson
	Filename        : draft-bishop-httpbis-http2-additional-certs-05.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2017-10-30

Abstract:
   TLS provides fundamental mutual authentication services for HTTP,
   supporting up to one server certificate and up to one client
   certificate associated to the session to prove client and server
   identities as necessary.  This draft provides mechanisms for
   providing additional such certificates at the HTTP layer when these
   constraints are not sufficient.

   Many HTTP servers host content from several origins.  HTTP/2
   [RFC7540] permits clients to reuse an existing HTTP connection to a
   server provided that the secondary origin is also in the certificate
   provided during the TLS [I-D.ietf-tls-tls13] handshake.

   In many cases, servers will wish to maintain separate certificates
   for different origins but still desire the benefits of a shared HTTP
   connection.  Similarly, servers may require clients to present
   authentication, but have different requirements based on the content
   the client is attempting to access.

   This document describes how TLS exported authenticators
   [I-D.ietf-tls-exported-authenticator] can be used to provide proof of
   ownership of additional certificates to the HTTP layer to support
   both scenarios.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bishop-httpbis-http2-additional-certs/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bishop-httpbis-http2-additional-certs-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bishop-httpbis-http2-additional-certs-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bishop-httpbis-http2-additional-certs-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/