Subject: I-D Action: draft-mglt-dnsop-dnssec-validator-requirements-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 13:46:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DNSSEC Validators Requirements
        Authors         : Daniel Migault
                          Dan York
                          Edward Lewis
	Filename        : draft-mglt-dnsop-dnssec-validator-requirements-06.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2017-10-30

Abstract:
   DNSSEC provides data integrity and source authentication to a basic
   DNS RReet.  Given a RRset, a public key and a signature, a DNSSEC
   validator checks the signature, time constraints, and other, local,
   policies.  In case of mismatch the RRSet is considered illegitimate
   and is rejected.

   Accuracy in DNSSEC validation, that is, avoiding false positives and
   catching true negatives, requires that both the signing process and
   validation process adhere to the protocol, which begins with external
   configuration parameters.  This document describes requirements for a
   validator to be able to perform accurate validation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mglt-dnsop-dnssec-validator-requirements/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mglt-dnsop-dnssec-validator-requirements-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mglt-dnsop-dnssec-validator-requirements-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mglt-dnsop-dnssec-validator-requirements-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/