Subject: I-D Action: draft-thomson-postel-was-wrong-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 02:48:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Harmful Consequences of the Robustness Principle
        Author          : Martin Thomson
	Filename        : draft-thomson-postel-was-wrong-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2017-10-27

Abstract:
   Jon Postel's famous statement in RFC 1122 of "Be liberal in what you
   accept, and conservative in what you send" is a principle that has
   long guided the design and implementation of Internet protocols.  The
   posture this statement advocates promotes interoperability, but can
   produce negative effects in the protocol ecosystem in the long term.
   Those effects can be avoided by properly maintaining protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thomson-postel-was-wrong/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thomson-postel-was-wrong-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-thomson-postel-was-wrong-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-thomson-postel-was-wrong-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/