Subject: I-D Action: draft-sami-pim-ng-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 15:41:25 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Protocol independent multicast- Next Generation (PIM-NG): Protocol Specifications
        Author          : Saeed Sami
	Filename        : draft-sami-pim-ng-12.txt
	Pages           : 196
	Date            : 2017-11-26

Abstract:
   This document specifies a new generation of PIM family of multicast
   routing protocols called Protocol Independent Multicast-Next
   Generation (PIM-NG) which is faster in source discover and provides
   many features suitable for Different type of networks. PIM-NG uses
   the underlying unicast routing information, but unlike PIM-SM it
   doesn't necessarily need to build unidirectional shared trees rooted
   at a Rendezvous Point (RP) per group. It achieves this due to the
   fact that the processes through which a source registers with the
   Rendezvous Point and a host finds the source of the multicast
   destination groups it needs are done in a whole new way and hence,
   the source of multicast group (G) is discovered faster at the cost of
   additional memory. So at some points PIM-NG works faster than its
   predecessor. Also the new Domain concept, unique to PIM-NG, along the
   RPF check method used in PIM-NG specifications provides many features
   along a robust and flexible control and administration over multicast
   networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sami-pim-ng/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sami-pim-ng-12
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sami-pim-ng-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sami-pim-ng-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/