Subject: I-D Action: draft-sullivan-dnsop-refer-down-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 11:36:04 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Please See Below: Use Only Downward Referrals in the DNS
        Authors         : Andrew Sullivan
                          Joe Abley
	Filename        : draft-sullivan-dnsop-refer-down-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2017-11-28

Abstract:
   A server in the Domain Name System can use a mechanism called
   "referral" to indicate that the server is not authoritative for a
   given zone, and to redirect the query to another, more appropriate
   server.  The mechanism was originally specified such that a referral
   might be to any location in the DNS.  Operational experience
   indicates dubious value to referrals other than those to zones below
   the zones for which a server is authoritative.  This memo therefore
   recommends such referrals and discourages other kinds of referrals.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sullivan-dnsop-refer-down/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sullivan-dnsop-refer-down-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sullivan-dnsop-refer-down-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/