Subject: I-D Action: draft-egge-netvc-cfl-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 17:03:22 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Chroma From Luma Intra Prediction for NETVC
        Authors         : Nathan E. Egge
                          Luc N. Trudeau
                          David M. Barr
	Filename        : draft-egge-netvc-cfl-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2017-11-14

Abstract:
   Chroma from luma (CfL) prediction is a new and promising chroma-only
   intra predictor that models chroma pixels as a linear function of the
   coincident reconstructed luma pixels.  In this document, we propose
   the CfL predictor adopted in Alliance Video 1 (AV1) to the NETVC
   working group.  The proposed CfL distinguishes itself from prior art
   not only by reducing decoder complexity, but also by producing more
   accurate predictions.  On average, CfL reduces the BD-rate, when
   measured with CIEDE2000, by 5% for still images and 2% for video
   sequences.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-egge-netvc-cfl/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-egge-netvc-cfl-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-egge-netvc-cfl-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-egge-netvc-cfl-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/