Subject: I-D Action: draft-arnold-sipcore-push-notification-gateway-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 09:15:33 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Using a Push Notification Gateway to improve session initiation with SIP user agents
        Author          : Michael Arnold
	Filename        : draft-arnold-sipcore-push-notification-gateway-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2017-11-16

Abstract:
   This document describes how a Push Notification Gateway (PNG) network
   element can be used to allow SIP User Agents (UA) to run on devices
   where background processing and monitoring is limited.  In these
   circumstances, it cannot be assumed that the SIP UA can regularly
   REGISTER with the network or be able to detect inbound messages.  A
   PNG stores details provided to it by the UA during registration to
   prompt a Push Notification Service (PNS) to generate a real-time
   notification for the UA to REGISTER with the network and therefore be
   available for inbound SIP messages.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-arnold-sipcore-push-notification-gateway/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-arnold-sipcore-push-notification-gateway-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-arnold-sipcore-push-notification-gateway-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/