Subject: I-D Action: draft-lindgren-icnrg-lwm2m4icn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 02:29:36 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : OMA Lightweight M2M for Management of Information Centric Networks
        Authors         : Anders F. Lindgren
                          Bengt Ahlgren
	Filename        : draft-lindgren-icnrg-lwm2m4icn-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2017-11-14

Abstract:
   The Internet-of-things (IoT) supports many applications and services
   where collection and distribution of data from and to devices is
   central, fitting the named data communication model of information-
   centric networking (ICN) quite well.  Many applications and use cases
   of the Internet of Things (IoT) imply information centric usage
   patterns.  The IoT differs from many typical information centric
   application because of the dynamic nature of IoT devices and the
   large number of such devices.  This creates a requirement for easy
   deployability in new locations without the need for complex setup or
   configuration of the devices.  This draft provides a study of how the
   OMA Lightweight M2M (LWM2M) protocol for IoT device management can
   potentially be used for configuration and management of ICN
   parameters in an IoT network.  We will address some of the tradeoffs
   that need to be considered and give an initial example of how key
   LWM2M functionality can be mapped to the ICN/IoT scenario.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lindgren-icnrg-lwm2m4icn/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lindgren-icnrg-lwm2m4icn-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lindgren-icnrg-lwm2m4icn-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/