Subject: I-D Action: draft-eckert-bier-te-arch-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 21:22:23 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Traffic Engineering for Bit Index Explicit Replication BIER-TE
        Authors         : Toerless Eckert
                          Gregory Cauchie
                          Wolfgang Braun
                          Michael Menth
	Filename        : draft-eckert-bier-te-arch-06.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2017-11-15

Abstract:
   This document proposes an architecture for BIER-TE: Traffic
   Engineering for Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER).

   BIER-TE shares part of its architecture with BIER as described in
   [I-D.ietf-bier-architecture].  It also proposes to share the packet
   format with BIER.

   BIER-TE forwards and replicates packets like BIER based on a
   BitString in the packet header but it does not require an IGP.  It
   does support traffic engineering by explicit hop-by-hop forwarding
   and loose hop forwarding of packets.  It does support Fast ReRoute
   (FRR) for link and node protection and incremental deployment.
   Because BIER-TE like BIER operates without explicit in-network tree-
   building but also supports traffic engineering, it is more similar to
   SR than RSVP-TE.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eckert-bier-te-arch/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-eckert-bier-te-arch-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-eckert-bier-te-arch-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-eckert-bier-te-arch-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/