Subject: I-D Action: draft-pala-odin-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 15:58:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : OCSP over DNS (ODIN)
        Author          : Massimiliano Pala
	Filename        : draft-pala-odin-03.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2017-11-13

Abstract:
   With the increase number of protocols and applications that rely on
   digital certificates to authenticate either the communication channel
   (TLS) or the data itself (PKIX), the need for providing an efficient
   revocation system is paramount.  Although the Online Certificate
   Status Protocol (OCSP) allows for efficient lookup of the revocation
   status of a certificate, the distribution of this information via
   HTTP (or very rarely) HTTPS is not particularly efficient for high
   volume websites without incurring in high distribution costs (e.g.,
   CDN).

   In particular, this specification defines how to distribute OCSP
   responses over DNS and how to define OCSP-over-DNS URLs in
   certificates.  The use of the DNS system to distribute such
   information is meant to lower the costs of providing revocation
   services (by leveraging the distributed nature of DNS cache) and
   increase the availability of revocation information (by providing an
   additional access method for revocation information retrieval).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pala-odin/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pala-odin-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-pala-odin-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-pala-odin-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/