Subject: I-D Action: draft-pwid-uri-specification-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2017 07:27:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Scheme Specification for the pwid URI
        Author          : Eld Maj-Britt Olmuetz Zierau
	Filename        : draft-pwid-uri-specification-03.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2017-12-08

Abstract:
   This document specifies a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) for
   Persistent Web IDentifiers to web material in web archives using the
   'pwid' scheme name.  The purpose of the standard is to support
   general, global, sustainable, humanly readable, technology agnostic,
   persistent and precise web references for web materials.

   The PWID URI can assist in two ways: First, by providing potential
   resolvable precise and persistent reference scheme for documents,
   which is not sufficiently covered by existing web reference
   practices.  Second, by providing a standardized way to specify web
   elements in a web collection also known as web corpus.  Definitions
   of web collections are often needed for extraction of data used in
   production of research results, e.g. for evaluations in the future.
   Current practices today are not persistent as they often use some CDX
   version, which vary for different implementations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pwid-uri-specification/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pwid-uri-specification-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-pwid-uri-specification-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-pwid-uri-specification-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/