Subject: I-D Action: draft-wood-tsvwg-saratoga-22.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 13:56:47 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Saratoga: A Scalable Data Transfer Protocol
        Authors         : Lloyd Wood
                          Wesley M. Eddy
                          Charles Smith
                          Will Ivancic
                          Chris Jackson
	Filename        : draft-wood-tsvwg-saratoga-22.txt
	Pages           : 57
	Date            : 2017-12-17

Abstract:
   This document specifies the Saratoga transfer protocol.  Saratoga was
   originally developed to transfer remote-sensing imagery efficiently
   from a low-Earth-orbiting satellite constellation, but is useful in
   many other scenarios, including ad-hoc peer-to-peer communications,
   large-scale scientific sensing, and grid computing.  Saratoga is a
   simple, lightweight, content dissemination protocol that builds on
   UDP, and optionally uses UDP-Lite.  Saratoga is intended for use when
   moving files or streaming data between peers which may have
   permanent, sporadic or intermittent connectivity, and is capable of
   transferring very large amounts of data reliably under adverse
   conditions.  The Saratoga protocol is designed to cope with highly
   asymmetric link or path capacity between peers, and can support
   fully-unidirectional data transfer if required.  Saratoga can also
   cope with very large files for exascale computing.  In scenarios with
   dedicated links, Saratoga focuses on high link utilization to make
   the most of limited connectivity times, while standard congestion
   control mechanisms can be implemented for operation over shared
   links.  Loss recovery is implemented via a simple negative-ack ARQ
   mechanism.  The protocol specified in this document is considered to
   be appropriate for experimental use on private IP networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wood-tsvwg-saratoga/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wood-tsvwg-saratoga-22
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wood-tsvwg-saratoga-22

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wood-tsvwg-saratoga-22

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/