Subject: I-D Action: draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-iana-dscp-registry-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2017 01:22:27 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IANA Assignment of DSCP Pool 3 (xxxx01) Values to require Publication of a Standards Track or Best Current Practice RFC
        Author          : Godred Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-iana-dscp-registry-02.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2017-12-24

Abstract:
   The Differentiated Services (Diffserv) architecture specifies use of
   the DSField in the IPv4 and IPv6 packet header to carry the Diffserv
   Codepoint (DSCP). The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA)
   maintains a registry of assigned DSCP values.

   This update to RFC2474 changes the IANA assignment method for Pool 3
   of the registry (i.e., DSCPs of the form xxxx01) to Standards Action,
   i.e., values are assigned through a Standards Track or Best Current
   Practice RFC. The update also removes permission for experimental and
   Local Use of the codepoints that form Pool 3 of the DSCP registry;
   Pool 1 codepoints (i.e., DSCPs of the form xxxx11) remain available
   for these purposes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-iana-dscp-registry/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-iana-dscp-registry-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-iana-dscp-registry-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-iana-dscp-registry-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/