Subject: I-D Action: draft-xiang-alto-multidomain-analytics-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 19:14:17 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Unicorn: Resource Orchestration for Large-Scale, Multi-Domain Data Analytics
        Authors         : Qiao Xiang
                          Y. Richard Yang
	Filename        : draft-xiang-alto-multidomain-analytics-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2017-12-17

Abstract:
   This document presents the design of Unicorn, a multi-domain,
   geographically-distributed, data-intensive analytics system.  The
   setting of such a system includes edge science networks, which
   provide storage and computation resources for collecting, sharing and
   analyzing extremely large amounts of data, and transit networks,
   which provide networking resources to connects edge science networks
   for transmitting large science datasets.

   The key design challenge is to accurately discover and represent
   resource information from different domains.  Unicorn leverages
   multiple ALTO services, including ALTO-Path Vector, ALTO-Routing
   State Abstraction, ALTO-Server-Side Event and ALTO-Flow Cost Service
   to address this challenge.  In particular, Unicorn decomposes the
   resource discovery into three phases.  The first phase is to identify
   endpoint resource, e.g., dataset storage location, computation
   resource location and output storage resource location.  The second
   phase is to identify the reachability information between the
   locations of storage and computation resources.  The third phase is
   to identify the available networking resource connecting different
   storage and computation resources.  All information collected through
   these three phases can be used by a logically centralized scheduling
   system to orchestrate the resources usage.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xiang-alto-multidomain-analytics/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xiang-alto-multidomain-analytics-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-xiang-alto-multidomain-analytics-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/