Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-alternativebackoff-ecn-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 15:00:37 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : TCP Alternative Backoff with ECN (ABE)
        Authors         : Naeem Khademi
                          Michael Welzl
                          Grenville Armitage
                          Godred Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-alternativebackoff-ecn-05.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2017-12-11

Abstract:
   Recent Active Queue Management (AQM) mechanisms allow for burst
   tolerance while enforcing short queues to minimise the time that
   packets spend enqueued at a bottleneck.  This can cause noticeable
   performance degradation for TCP connections traversing such a
   bottleneck, especially if there are only a few flows or their
   bandwidth-delay-product is large.  An Explicit Congestion
   Notification (ECN) signal indicates that an AQM mechanism is used at
   the bottleneck, and therefore the bottleneck network queue is likely
   to be short.  This document therefore proposes an update to RFC3168,
   which changes the TCP sender-side ECN reaction in congestion
   avoidance to reduce the Congestion Window (cwnd) by a smaller amount
   than the congestion control algorithm's reaction to inferred packet
   loss.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-alternativebackoff-ecn/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-alternativebackoff-ecn-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-alternativebackoff-ecn-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-alternativebackoff-ecn-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/