Subject: I-D Action: draft-trammell-quic-spin-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 08:17:08 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Addition of a Spin Bit to the QUIC Transport Protocol
        Authors         : Brian Trammell
                          Piet De Vaere
                          Roni Even
                          Giuseppe Fioccola
                          Thomas Fossati
                          Marcus Ihlar
                          Al Morton
                          Emile Stephan
	Filename        : draft-trammell-quic-spin-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2017-12-13

Abstract:
   This document summarizes work to date on the addition of a "spin
   bit", intended for explicit measurability of end-to-end RTT on QUIC
   flows.  It proposes a detailed mechanism for the spin bit, describes
   how to use it to measure end-to-end latency, discusses corner cases
   and their workarounds in the measurement, describes experimental
   evaluation of the mechanism done to date, and examines the utility
   and privacy implications of the spin bit.  As the overhead and risk
   associated with the spin bit are negligible, and the utility of a
   passive RTT measurement signal at higher resolution than once per
   flow is clear, this document advocates for the addition of the spin
   bit to the protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-trammell-quic-spin/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-trammell-quic-spin-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-trammell-quic-spin-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-trammell-quic-spin-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/