Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 02:11:05 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Application-Layer Traffic Optimization WG of the IETF.

        Title           : ALTO Extension: Path Vector Cost Type
        Authors         : Greg Bernstein
                          Shiwei Dawn Chen
                          Kai Gao
                          Young Lee
                          Wendy Roome
                          Michael Scharf
                          Y. Richard Yang
                          Jingxuan Jensen Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-02.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2017-12-18

Abstract:
   The Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO) protocol [RFC7285]
   has defined several resources and services to provide clients with
   basic network information.  However, the base ALTO protocol and
   latest extensions only provide end-to-end metrics, which are
   insufficient to satisfy the demands of solving more complex network
   optimization problems.  This document introduces an extension to the
   base ALTO protocol, namely the path-vector extension, which allows
   ALTO clients to query information such as capacity regions for a
   given set of flows.  A non-normative example called multi-flow
   scheduling is presented to illustrate the limitations of existing
   ALTO (endpoint) cost maps.  After that, details of the extension are
   defined.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-path-vector/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-alto-path-vector-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/