Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-curdle-rc4-die-die-die-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 13:37:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the CURves, Deprecating and a Little more Encryption WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Depreciating RC4 in all IETF Protocols
        Author          : Luis Camara
	Filename        : draft-ietf-curdle-rc4-die-die-die-04.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2017-12-12

Abstract:
   RC4 is extremely weak as shown by RFC 6649 and RFC 7457, is
   prohibited in TLS by RFC 7465, is prohibited in Kerberos by RFC xxxx
   and it needs to be prohibited in all IETF protocols. This document
   obsoletes RFC 4345 "Improved Arcfour Modes for the Secure Shell (SSH)
   Transport Layer Protocol" (note Arcfour and RC4 are synonymous).
   RFC 3501, RFC 4253, RFC 6649 and RFC 6733 are updated to note the
   depreciation of RC4 in all IETF protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-curdle-rc4-die-die-die/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-curdle-rc4-die-die-die-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-curdle-rc4-die-die-die-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-curdle-rc4-die-die-die-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/