Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-yeti-testbed-experience-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 18:28:08 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Yeti DNS Testbed
        Authors         : Linjian Song
                          Dong Liu
                          Paul Vixie
                          Akira Kato
                          Shane Kerr
	Filename        : draft-song-yeti-testbed-experience-06.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2017-12-12

Abstract:
   The Internet's Domain Name System (DNS) is built upon the foundation
   provided by the Root Server System -- that is, the critical
   infrastructure that serves the DNS root zone.

   Yeti DNS is an experimental, non-production testbed that provides an
   environment where technical and operational experiments can safely be
   performed without risk to production infrastructure.  This testbed
   has been used by a broad community of participants to perform
   experiments that aim to inform operations and future development of
   the production DNS.  Yeti DNS is an independently-coordinated project
   and is not affiliated with ICANN, IANA or any Root Server Operator.

   The Yeti DNS testbed implementation includes various novel and
   experimental components including IPv6-only transport, independent,
   autonomous Zone Signing Key management, large cryptographic keys and
   a large number of Yeti-Root Servers.  These differences from the Root
   Server System have operational consequences such as large responses
   to priming queries and the coordination of a large pool of
   independent operators; by deploying such a system globally but
   outside the production DNS system, the Yeti DNS project provides an
   opportunity to gain insight into those consequences without
   threatening the stability of the DNS.

   This document neither addresses the relevant policies under which the
   Root Server System is operated nor makes any proposal for changing
   any aspect of its implementation or operation.  This document aims
   solely to document the technical and operational experience of
   deploying a system which is similar to but different from the Root
   Server System.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-yeti-testbed-experience/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-yeti-testbed-experience-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-yeti-testbed-experience-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-song-yeti-testbed-experience-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/