Subject: I-D Action: draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-rtrext-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2017 10:57:33 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : RPC-over-RDMA Extensions to Reduce Internode Round-trips
        Author          : David Noveck
	Filename        : draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-rtrext-03.txt
	Pages           : 44
	Date            : 2017-12-05

Abstract:
   It is expected that a future version of the RPC-over-RDMA transport
   will allow protocol extensions to be defined.  This would provide for
   the specification of OPTIONAL features allowing participants who
   implement such features to cooperate as specified by that extension,
   while still interoperating with participants who do not support that
   extension.

   A particular extension is described herein, whose motivation is to
   reduce the latency due to inter-node round-trips needed to effect
   operations which involve direct data placement or which transfer RPC
   messages longer than the fixed inline buffer size limit.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-rtrext/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-rtrext-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-rtrext-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-rtrext-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/