Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-source-discovery-bsr-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 09:16:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocols for IP Multicast WG of the IETF.

        Title           : PIM flooding mechanism and source discovery
        Authors         : IJsbrand Wijnands
                          Stig Venaas
                          Michael Brig
                          Anders Jonasson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-source-discovery-bsr-07.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2017-12-20

Abstract:
   PIM Sparse-Mode uses a Rendezvous Point and shared trees to forward
   multicast packets from new sources.  Once last hop routers receive
   packets from a new source, they may join the Shortest Path Tree for
   the source for optimal forwarding.  This draft defines a new
   mechanism that provides a way to support PIM Sparse Mode (SM) without
   the need for PIM registers, RPs or shared trees.  Multicast source
   information is flooded throughout the multicast domain using a new
   generic PIM flooding mechanism.  This allows last hop routers to
   learn about new sources without receiving initial data packets.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-source-discovery-bsr/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pim-source-discovery-bsr-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pim-source-discovery-bsr-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pim-source-discovery-bsr-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/