Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-insipid-logme-marking-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 04:19:04 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the INtermediary-safe SIP session ID WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Marking SIP Messages to be Logged
        Authors         : Peter Dawes
                          Chidambaram Arunachalam
	Filename        : draft-ietf-insipid-logme-marking-09.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2017-12-19

Abstract:
   SIP networks use signaling monitoring tools to diagnose user reported
   problems and for regression testing if network or user agent software
   is upgraded.  As networks grow and become interconnected, including
   connection via transit networks, it becomes impractical to predict
   the path that SIP signaling will take between user agents, and
   therefore impractical to monitor SIP signaling end-to-end.

   This document describes an indicator for the SIP protocol which can
   be used to mark signaling as being of interest to logging.  Such
   marking will typically be applied as part of network testing
   controlled by the network operator and not used in normal user agent
   signaling.  However, such marking can be carried end-to-end including
   the originating and terminating SIP user agents, even if a session
   originates and terminates in different networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-insipid-logme-marking/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-insipid-logme-marking-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-insipid-logme-marking-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-insipid-logme-marking-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/