Subject: I-D Action: draft-gao-alto-fcs-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 16:19:10 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ALTO Extension: Flow-based Cost Query
        Authors         : Jingxuan Jensen Zhang
                          Kai Gao
                          Junzhuo Austin Wang
                          Qiao Xiang
                          Y. Richard Yang
	Filename        : draft-gao-alto-fcs-04.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2017-12-12

Abstract:
   The ALTO cost query service maps a source-destination pair into a
   cost value, which provides a network view abstract based on a subset
   of the 2-dimension address space.  Given that the emergence of new
   networking optimization requirements, such a query space is not
   sufficient to uniquely identify a flow.  To address the limitations
   of the network information query space provided by the legacy ALTO
   protocol, this document introduces two extensions: extending the
   existing ALTO cost query services with fine-grained semantics, and
   enabling a new flow-based query service named Flow Cost Service.
   These extensions move ALTO to a more flexible and expressive network
   information query space.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gao-alto-fcs/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gao-alto-fcs-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gao-alto-fcs-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gao-alto-fcs-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/