Subject: I-D Action: draft-white-icnrg-ipoc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2017 18:35:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Internet Protocol Tunneling over Content Centric Mobile Networks
        Authors         : Greg White
                          Susmit Shannigrahi
                          Chengyu Fan
	Filename        : draft-white-icnrg-ipoc-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2017-12-28

Abstract:
   This document describes a protocol that enables tunneling of Internet
   Protocol traffic over a Content Centric Network (CCN) or a Named Data
   Network (NDN).  The target use case for such a protocol is to provide
   an IP mobility plane for mobile networks that might otherwise use IP-
   over-IP tunneling, such as the GPRS Tunneling Protocol (GTP) used by
   the Evolved Packet Core in LTE networks (LTE-EPC).  By leveraging the
   elegant, built-in support for mobility provided by CCN or NDN, this
   protocol achieves performance on par with LTE-EPC, equivalent
   efficiency, and substantially lower implementation and protocol
   complexity.  Furthermore, the use of CCN/NDN for this purpose paves
   the way for the deployment of ICN native applications on the mobile
   network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-white-icnrg-ipoc/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-white-icnrg-ipoc-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-white-icnrg-ipoc-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/