Subject: I-D Action: draft-soilandreyes-app-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 06:25:38 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Archive and Packaging Pointer (app) URI scheme
        Authors         : Stian Soiland-Reyes
                          Marcos Cáceres
	Filename        : draft-soilandreyes-app-03.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2018-01-19

Abstract:
   This Internet-Draft proposes the Archive and Packaging Pointer URI
   scheme "app".

   app URIs can be used to consume or reference hypermedia resources
   bundled inside a file archive or an application package, as well as
   to resolve URIs for archive resources within a programmatic
   framework.

   This URI scheme provides mechanisms to generate a unique base URI to
   represent the root of the archive, so that relative URI references in
   a bundled resource can be resolved within the archive without having
   to extract the archive content on the local file system.

   An app URI can be used for purposes of isolation (e.g. when consuming
   multiple archives), security constraints (avoiding "climb out" from
   the archive), or for externally identiyfing sub-resources referenced
   by hypermedia formats.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-soilandreyes-app/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-soilandreyes-app-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-soilandreyes-app-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-soilandreyes-app-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/