Subject: I-D Action: draft-cel-nfsv4-rpcrdma-reliable-reply-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 10:37:40 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Improving the Performance and Reliability of RPC Replies on RPC-over-RDMA Transports
        Author          : Charles Lever
	Filename        : draft-cel-nfsv4-rpcrdma-reliable-reply-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2018-01-09

Abstract:
   RPC transports such as RPC-over-RDMA Version One require reply
   buffers to be in place before an RPC Call is sent.  However, Upper
   Layer Protocols sometimes have difficulty estimating the expected
   maximum size of RPC replies.  This introduces the risk that an RPC
   Reply message can overrun reply resources provided by the requester,
   preventing delivery of the message, through no fault of the
   requester.  This document describes a mechanism that eliminates the
   need for pre-allocation of reply resources for unpredictably large
   replies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cel-nfsv4-rpcrdma-reliable-reply/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cel-nfsv4-rpcrdma-reliable-reply-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-cel-nfsv4-rpcrdma-reliable-reply-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-cel-nfsv4-rpcrdma-reliable-reply-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/