Subject: I-D Action: draft-pauly-taps-transport-security-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2018 12:09:28 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Survey of Transport Security Protocols
        Authors         : Tommy Pauly
                          Kyle Rose
                          Christopher A. Wood
	Filename        : draft-pauly-taps-transport-security-01.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2018-01-03

Abstract:
   This document provides a survey of commonly used or notable network
   security protocols, with a focus on how they interact and integrate
   with applications and transport protocols.  Its goal is to supplement
   efforts to define and catalog transport services [RFC8095] by
   describing the interfaces required to add security protocols.  It
   examines Transport Layer Security (TLS), Datagram Transport Layer
   Security (DTLS), Quick UDP Internet Connections with TLS (QUIC +
   TLS), MinimalT, CurveCP, tcpcrypt, Internet Key Exchange with
   Encapsulating Security Protocol (IKEv2 + ESP), SRTP (with DTLS), and
   WireGuard.  This survey is not limited to protocols developed within
   the scope or context of the IETF.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pauly-taps-transport-security/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pauly-taps-transport-security-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-pauly-taps-transport-security-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-pauly-taps-transport-security-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/