Subject: I-D Action: draft-tanaka-pce-stateful-pce-mbb-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2018 00:36:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Make-Before-Break MPLS-TE LSP restoration and reoptimization procedure using Stateful PCE
        Authors         : Yosuke Tanaka
                          Yuji Kamite
                          Dhruv Dhody
                          Ramanjaneya Reddy Palleti
	Filename        : draft-tanaka-pce-stateful-pce-mbb-05.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2018-01-03

Abstract:
   Stateful Path Computation Element (PCE) and its corresponding
   protocol extensions provide a mechanism that enables PCE to do
   stateful control of Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Traffic
   Engineering Label Switched Paths (TE LSP).  Stateful PCE supports
   manipulating of the existing LSP's state and attributes (e.g.,
   bandwidth and path) via delegation and also instantiation of new LSPs
   in the network via PCE Initiation procedures.

   In the current MPLS TE network using Resource ReSerVation Protocol
   (RSVP-TE), LSPs are often controlled by Make-before-break (M-B-B)
   signaling by the headend for the purpose of LSP restoration and
   reoptimization.  In most cases, it is an essential operation to
   reroute LSP traffic without any data disruption.

   This document specifies the procedure of applying stateful PCE's
   control to make-before-break RSVP-TE signaling.  In this document,
   two types of restoration/reoptimization procedures are defined,
   implicit mode and explicit mode.  This document also specifies the
   usage and handling of stateful PCEP (PCE Communication Protocol)
   messages, expected behavior of PCC as RSVP-TE headend and necessary
   extensions of additional PCEP objects.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tanaka-pce-stateful-pce-mbb/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tanaka-pce-stateful-pce-mbb-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-tanaka-pce-stateful-pce-mbb-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tanaka-pce-stateful-pce-mbb-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/