Subject: I-D Action: draft-birk-pep-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 04:49:32 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : pretty Easy privacy (pEp): Privacy by Default
        Authors         : Volker Birk
                          Hernani Marques
                          Shelburn
                          Sandro Koechli
	Filename        : draft-birk-pep-01.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2018-01-09

Abstract:
   Building on already available security formats and message transports
   (like PGP/MIME for email), and with the intention to stay
   interoperable to systems widespreadly deployed, pretty Easy privacy
   (pEp) describes protocols to automatize operations (key management,
   key discovery, private key handling including peer-to-peer
   synchronization of private keys and other user data across devices)
   that have been seen to be barriers to deployment of end-to-end secure
   interpersonal messaging. pEp also introduces "Trustwords" (instead of
   fingerprints) to verify communication peers and proposes a trust
   rating system to denote secure types of communications and signal the
   privacy level available on a per-user and per-message level.  In this
   document, the general design choices and principles of pEp are
   outlined.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-birk-pep/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-birk-pep-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-birk-pep-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-birk-pep-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/