Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-datagram-plpmtud-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 15:32:40 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Packetization Layer Path MTU Discovery for Datagram Transports
        Authors         : Godred Fairhurst
                          Tom Jones
                          Michael Tuexen
                          Irene Ruengeler
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-datagram-plpmtud-00.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2018-01-22

Abstract:
   This document describes a robust method for Path MTU Discovery
   (PMTUD) for datagram Packetization layers.  The method allows a
   Packetization layer (or a datagram application that uses it) to probe
   an network path with progressively larger packets to determine a
   maximum packet size.  The document describes as an extension to RFC
   1191 and RFC 8201, which specify ICMP-based Path MTU Discovery for
   IPv4 and IPv6.  This provides functionally for datagram transports
   that is equivalent to the Packetization layer PMTUD specification for
   TCP, specified in RFC4821.

   When published, this specification updates RFC4821.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-datagram-plpmtud/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-datagram-plpmtud-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-datagram-plpmtud-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/