Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2018 05:49:08 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained Nodes WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv6 Backbone Router
        Author          : Pascal Thubert
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router-05.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2018-01-09

Abstract:
   This specification proposes proxy operations for IPv6 Neighbor
   Discovery on behalf of devices located on broadcast-inefficient
   wireless networks.  A broadcast-efficient backbone running classical
   IPv6 Neighbor Discovery federates multiple wireless links to form a
   large MultiLink Subnet, but the broadcast domain does not need to
   extend to the wireless links for the purpose of ND operation.
   Backbone Routers placed at the wireless edge of the backbone proxy
   the ND operation and route packets from/to registered nodes, and
   wireless nodes register or are proxy-registered to the Backbone
   Router to setup proxy services in a fashion that is essentially
   similar to a classical Layer-2 association.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/