Subject: I-D Action: draft-templin-6man-dhcpv6-ndopt-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2018 14:14:26 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The DHCPv6 Option for IPv6 Neighbor Discovery
        Author          : Fred L. Templin
	Filename        : draft-templin-6man-dhcpv6-ndopt-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2018-01-05

Abstract:
   IPv6 Neighbor Discovery (IPv6ND) specifies a control message set for
   nodes to discover neighbors, routers, prefixes and other services on
   the link.  It also supports a manner of StateLess Address
   AutoConfiguration (SLAAC).  The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
   for IPv6 (DHCPv6) specifies a service for the stateful delegation of
   addresses and prefixes.

   Currently, at least two round-trip message exchanges are necessary in
   order to perform the IPv6ND router discovery and DHCPv6 address/
   prefix delegation functions.  This document presents a protocol for
   combining these two exchanges into a single exchange by joining the
   two services into a single unified service.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-6man-dhcpv6-ndopt/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-templin-6man-dhcpv6-ndopt-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-templin-6man-dhcpv6-ndopt-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-templin-6man-dhcpv6-ndopt-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/