Subject: I-D Action: draft-spiriyath-ipsecme-dynamic-ipsec-pmtu-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 20:03:08 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Path Maximum Transmission Unit Discovery (PMTUD) For IPsec Tunnels Using The Internet Key Exchange Protocol (IKE) Version 2
        Authors         : Shibu Piriyath
                          Umesh Mangla
                          Nagavenkata Suresh Melam
                          Ron Bonica
	Filename        : draft-spiriyath-ipsecme-dynamic-ipsec-pmtu-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2018-01-17

Abstract:
   This document describes new Path MTU Discovery (PMTUD) procedures
   that leverage the Internet Key Exchange (IKE) version 2.  Unlike
   ICMP-based PMTUD procedures, IKE-based PMTUD procedures are not
   susceptible to attack by forgery.  This is because IKE messages are
   cryptographically authenticated.

   The procedures described in this document are applicable in IPsec
   tunnel mode only and then, only when the outermost IP header is IPv4.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-spiriyath-ipsecme-dynamic-ipsec-pmtu/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-spiriyath-ipsecme-dynamic-ipsec-pmtu-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-spiriyath-ipsecme-dynamic-ipsec-pmtu-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/