Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-centralized-replication-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2018 22:56:22 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Centralized Replication for Active-Active BUM Traffic
        Authors         : Weiguo Hao
                          Yizhou Li
                          Muhammad Durrani
                          Sujay Gupta
                          Andrew Qu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-centralized-replication-12.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2018-01-04

Abstract:
   In TRILL active-active access, an RPF (Reverse Path Forwarding) check
   failure issue may occur when using the pseudo-nickname mechanism
   specified in RFC 7781. This draft describes a solution to resolve
   this RPF check failure issue through centralized replication. All
   ingress RBridges send BUM (Broadcast, Unknown unicast and Multicast)
   traffic to a centralized node with unicast TRILL encapsulation.
   When the centralized node receives the BUM traffic, it decapsulates
   the packets and forwards them to their destination RBridges using
   a distribution tree established as per TRILL base protocol RFC 6325.
   To avoid RPF check failure on a RBridge sitting between the ingress
   RBridge and the centralized replication node, some change in the
   RPF calculation algorithm is required. RPF checks on each RBridge
   MUST be calculated as if the centralized node was the ingress
   RBridge, instead of being calculated using the actual ingress
   RBridge.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-centralized-replication/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-centralized-replication-12
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-trill-centralized-replication-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-centralized-replication-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/