Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-expl-track-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 08:23:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Explicit Tracking with Wild Card Routes in Multicast VPN
        Authors         : Andrew Dolganow
                          Jayant Kotalwar
                          Eric C. Rosen
                          Zhaohui Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-expl-track-04.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2018-01-16

Abstract:
   The MVPN specifications provide procedures to allow a multicast
   ingress node to invoke "explicit tracking" for a multicast flow or
   set of flows, thus learning the egress nodes for that flow or set of
   flows.  However, the specifications are not completely clear about
   how the explicit tracking procedures work in certain scenarios.  This
   document provides the necessary clarifications.  It also specifies a
   new, optimized explicit tracking procedure.  This new procedure
   allows an ingress node, by sending a single message, to request
   explicit tracking of each of a set of flows, where the set of flows
   is specified using a wildcard mechanism.  This document updates
   RFC6625.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-expl-track/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-expl-track-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-expl-track-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-expl-track-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/