Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-smart-endnodes-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 23:31:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links WG of the IETF.

        Title           : TRILL Smart Endnodes
        Authors         : Radia Perlman
                          Fangwei Hu
                          Huawei technology
                          Kesava Vijaya Krupakaran
                          Ting Liao
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-smart-endnodes-07.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2018-01-22

Abstract:
   This draft addresses the problem of the size and freshness of the
   endnode learning table in edge RBridges, by allowing endnodes to
   volunteer for endnode learning and encapsulation/decapsulation.  Such
   an endnode is known as a "Smart Endnode".  Only the attached edge
   RBridge can distinguish a "Smart Endnode" from a "normal endnode".
   The smart endnode uses the nickname of the attached edge RBridge, so
   this solution does not consume extra nicknames.  The solution also
   enables Fine Grained Label aware endnodes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-smart-endnodes/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-smart-endnodes-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-trill-smart-endnodes-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-smart-endnodes-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/