Subject: I-D Action: draft-lewis-domain-names-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 08:37:25 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Domain Names, A Case for Clarifying
        Author          : Edward Lewis
	Filename        : draft-lewis-domain-names-10.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2018-01-26

Abstract:
   Is the concept of Domain Names owned by the DNS protocol or does the
   DNS protocol exist to support the Domain Names concept?  This
   question has become pertinent in light of proposals to use Domain
   Names in protocols in ways incompatible with the DNS protocol and the
   operational environment built to runthe protocol.  This document
   looks first at the early record in the RFC series and then expands to
   survey how Domain Names are used in protocols and reaches the
   conclusion that Domain Names are independent of the DNS, and further,
   that there might be a need to clarify the definition of Domain Names
   to reinforce that notion.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lewis-domain-names/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lewis-domain-names-10
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lewis-domain-names-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lewis-domain-names-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/