Subject: I-D Action: draft-templin-aerolink-79.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 14:14:08 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Asymmetric Extended Route Optimization (AERO)
        Author          : Fred L. Templin
	Filename        : draft-templin-aerolink-79.txt
	Pages           : 65
	Date            : 2018-01-22

Abstract:
   This document specifies the operation of IP over tunnel virtual links
   using Asymmetric Extended Route Optimization (AERO).  Nodes attached
   to AERO links can exchange packets via trusted intermediate routers
   that provide forwarding services to reach off-link destinations and
   route optimization services for improved performance.  AERO provides
   an IPv6 link-local address format that supports operation of the IPv6
   Neighbor Discovery (ND) protocol and links IPv6 ND to IP forwarding.
   Dynamic link selection, mobility management, quality of service (QoS)
   signaling and route optimization are naturally supported through
   dynamic neighbor cache updates, while prefix delegation (PD) is
   supported by the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6
   (DHCPv6).  AERO is a widely-applicable tunneling solution especially
   well suited to mobile Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) and other
   applications as described in this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-templin-aerolink/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-templin-aerolink-79
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-templin-aerolink-79

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-templin-aerolink-79

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/