Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-intarea-broadcast-consider-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 11:15:37 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Privacy considerations for protocols relying on IP broadcast and multicast
        Authors         : Rolf Winter
                          Michael Faath
                          Fabian Weisshaar
	Filename        : draft-ietf-intarea-broadcast-consider-06.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2018-01-15

Abstract:
   A number of application-layer protocols make use of IP broadcasts or
   multicast messages for functions like local service discovery or name
   resolution.  Some of these functions can only be implemented
   efficiently using such mechanisms.  When using broadcasts or
   multicast messages, a passive observer in the same broadcast/
   multicast domain can trivially record these messages and analyze
   their content.  Therefore, designers of protocols that make use
   broadcast/multicast messages need to take special care when designing
   their protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-intarea-broadcast-consider/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-intarea-broadcast-consider-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-intarea-broadcast-consider-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-intarea-broadcast-consider-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/