Subject: I-D Action: draft-soilandreyes-arcp-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 04:35:44 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Archive and Packaging (arcp) URI scheme
        Authors         : Stian Soiland-Reyes
                          Marcos Cáceres
	Filename        : draft-soilandreyes-arcp-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2018-01-24

Abstract:
   This specification proposes the Application and Packaging URI scheme
   "arcp".

   arcp URIs can be used to consume or reference hypermedia resources
   bundled inside a file archive or an application package, as well as
   to resolve URIs for archive resources within a programmatic
   framework.

   This URI scheme provides mechanisms to generate a unique base URI to
   represent the root of the archive, so that relative URI references in
   a bundled resource can be resolved within the archive without having
   to extract the archive content on the local file system.

   An arcp URI can be used for purposes of isolation (e.g. when
   consuming multiple archives), security constraints (avoiding "climb
   out" from the archive), or for externally identiyfing sub-resources
   referenced by hypermedia formats.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-soilandreyes-arcp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-soilandreyes-arcp-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-soilandreyes-arcp-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-soilandreyes-arcp-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/