Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mboned-ieee802-mcast-problems-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2018 10:04:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the MBONE Deployment WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Multicast Considerations over IEEE 802 Wireless Media
        Authors         : Charles E. Perkins
                          Mike McBride
                          Dorothy Stanley
                          Warren Kumari
                          Juan Carlos Zuniga
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mboned-ieee802-mcast-problems-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2018-02-03

Abstract:
   Well-known issues with multicast have prevented the deployment of
   multicast in 802.11 [dot11], [mc-props], [mc-prob-stmt], and other
   local-area wireless environments.  IETF multicast experts have been
   meeting together to discuss these issues and provide IEEE updates.
   The mboned working group is chartered to receive regular reports on
   the current state of the deployment of multicast technology, create
   "practice and experience" documents that capture the experience of
   those who have deployed and are deploying various multicast
   technologies, and provide feedback to other relevant working groups.
   This document offers guidance on known limitations and problems with
   wireless multicast.  Also described are various multicast enhancement
   features that have been specified at IETF and IEEE 802 for wireless
   media, as well as some operational chioces that can be taken to
   improve the performace of the network.  Finally, some recommendations
   are provided about the usage and combination of these features and
   operational choices.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-ieee802-mcast-problems/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mboned-ieee802-mcast-problems-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mboned-ieee802-mcast-problems-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mboned-ieee802-mcast-problems-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/