Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-dscp-registry-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2018 10:23:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IANA Assignment of DSCP Pool 3 (xxxx01) Values to require Publication of a Standards Track or Best Current Practice RFC
        Author          : Godred Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-dscp-registry-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2018-02-03

Abstract:
   The Differentiated Services (Diffserv) architecture specifies use of
   the field in the IPv4 and IPv6 packet header to carry the Diffserv
   Code point (DSCP). The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IONA)
   maintains a registry of assigned DSCP values.

   This update to RFC2474 changes the IONA assignment method for Pool 3
   of the registry (i.e., DEC's of the form xxxx01) to Standards Action,
   i.e., values are assigned through a Standards Track or Best Current
   Practice RFC. The update also removes permission for experimental and
   Local Use of the code points that form Pool 3 of the DSCP registry;
   Pool 1 code points (i.e., DEC's of the form xxxx11) remain available
   for these purposes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-dscp-registry/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-dscp-registry-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-dscp-registry-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/