Subject: I-D Action: draft-hongcs-6lo-sbcn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2018 06:46:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Scheduling to Increase Lifetime for Low Energy Body-Centric Wearable Networks
        Authors         : Choong Seon Hong
                          Al Ameen
                          Seung Il Moon
	Filename        : draft-hongcs-6lo-sbcn-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2018-02-09

Abstract:
Recent advances in Internet of Things(IoT) have increased the usage of
sensing technologies. Breakthroughs is microelectronics have increased the
use of wearable devices to monitor human body functions and its surroundings.
A typical wearable device has low resources in terms of power and processing
capabilities. Reducing the energy consumption is one of the key design factors
in a wearable network so that the devices may work for longer duration. Idle
listening and overhearing are major causes of energy consumption. These issues
can be resolved by maximizing the sleeping time of a device (switched off) and avoid
unnecessary wakeup time (idle listening) to save energy. An external wakeup
scheduling to handle the sleep/wakeup cycle of a device can be adapted.
This document describes how a 2wakeup scheduling using an out-of-bound external
wake up mechanism can work to successfully increase the lifetime of a typical
body-centric wearable network (S-BCN).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hongcs-6lo-sbcn/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hongcs-6lo-sbcn-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hongcs-6lo-sbcn-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/