Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-doh-dns-over-https-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2018 11:20:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS Over HTTPS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DNS Queries over HTTPS
        Authors         : Paul Hoffman
                          Patrick McManus
	Filename        : draft-ietf-doh-dns-over-https-03.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2018-02-02

Abstract:
   DNS queries sometimes experience problems with end to end
   connectivity at times and places where HTTPS flows freely.

   HTTPS provides the most practical mechanism for reliable end to end
   communication.  Its use of TLS provides integrity and confidentiality
   guarantees and its use of HTTP allows it to interoperate with
   proxies, firewalls, and authentication systems where required for
   transit.

   This document describes how to run DNS service over HTTP using
   https:// URIs.

   [[ There is a repository for this draft at https://github.com/dohwg/
   draft-ietf-doh-dns-over-https [1] ]].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-doh-dns-over-https/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-doh-dns-over-https-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-doh-dns-over-https-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-doh-dns-over-https-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/