Subject: I-D Action: draft-birk-pep-trustwords-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 00:17:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : pretty Easy privacy (pEp): Trustwords concept
        Authors         : Volker Birk
                          Hernani Marques
                          Bernie Hoeneisen
	Filename        : draft-birk-pep-trustwords-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2018-02-22

Abstract:
   In public-key cryptography comparing the public keys' fingerprints of
   the communication partners involved is vital to ensure that there is
   no man-in-the-middle (MITM) attack on the communication channel.
   Fingerprints normally consist of a chain of hexadecimal chars.
   However, comparing hexadecimal strings is often impractical for
   regular users and prone to misunderstandings.

   To mitigate these challenges, this memo proposes the comparision of
   trustwords as opposed to hexadecimal strings.  Trustwords are common
   words in a natural language (e.g., English) to which the hexidecimal
   strings are mapped to.  This makes the verification process more
   natural.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-birk-pep-trustwords/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-birk-pep-trustwords-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-birk-pep-trustwords-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/