Subject: I-D Action: draft-heide-nwcrg-rlnc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2018 05:30:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Random Linear Network Coding (RLNC)-Based Symbol Representation
        Authors         : Janus Heide
                          Shirley Shi
                          Muriel Medard
                          Vince Chook
	Filename        : draft-heide-nwcrg-rlnc-00.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2018-02-07

Abstract:
   This document describes the use of Random Linear Network Coding
   (RLNC) schemes for erasure correction in data transfer, with an
   emphasis on RLNC encoded symbol representations in data packets.
   Both block and sliding window RLNC code implementations are
   described.  By providing erasure correction using randomly generated
   repair symbols, such RLNC-based schemes offer advantages in
   accommodating varying frame sizes and dynamically changing
   connections, reducing the need for feedback, and lowering the amount
   of state information needed at the sender and receiver.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-heide-nwcrg-rlnc/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-heide-nwcrg-rlnc-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-heide-nwcrg-rlnc-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/