Subject: I-D Action: draft-farrel-mpls-sfc-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2018 07:18:13 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : An MPLS-Based Forwarding Plane for Service Function Chaining
        Authors         : Adrian Farrel
                          Stewart Bryant
                          John Drake
	Filename        : draft-farrel-mpls-sfc-03.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2018-02-01

Abstract:
   Service Function Chaining (SFC) is the process of directing packets
   through a network so that they can be acted on by an ordered set of
   abstract service functions before being delivered to the intended
   destination.  An architecture for SFC is defined in RFC7665.

   The Network Service Header (NSH) can be inserted into packets to
   steer them along a specific path to realize a Service Function Chain.

   Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) is a widely deployed forwarding
   technology that uses labels to identify the forwarding actions to be
   taken at each hop through a network.  Segment Routing is a mechanism
   that provides a source routing paradigm for steering packets in an
   MPLS network.

   This document describes how Service Function Chaining can be achieved
   in an MPLS network by means of a logical representation of the NSH in
   an MPLS label stack.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farrel-mpls-sfc/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-farrel-mpls-sfc-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-farrel-mpls-sfc-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-farrel-mpls-sfc-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/