Subject: I-D Action: draft-rosenau-request-v6-option-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2018 08:13:14 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TCP option "request IPv6 connection"
        Author          : Martin D. J. Rosenau
	Filename        : draft-rosenau-request-v6-option-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2018-02-11

Abstract:
   This document describes an idea for a header "option" for the
   Transmission Control Protocol (TCP).

   The extension is used by dual-stack nodes to force the use of the
   IPv6 protocol instead of the IPv4 protocol when exchanging data over
   TCP.

   Especially if one of the two nodes is a NAT64 or NAT46 router it
   makes sense not to use IPv4 but IPv6 if both nodes are dual-stack
   nodes.

   This document also suggests to declare the usage of such a method
   mandatory for all nodes that use IPv4 addresses that will be assigned
   by RIRs in the future.

   Doing so will make it impossible to (mis-) use IPv4 addresses
   assigned by RIRs to ISPs for IPv4-only nodes that do not support
   IPv6.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rosenau-request-v6-option/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rosenau-request-v6-option-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-rosenau-request-v6-option-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/