Subject: I-D Action: draft-ravi-icnrg-5gc-icn-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 12:48:18 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Enabling ICN in 3GPP's 5G NextGen Core Architecture
        Authors         : Ravi Ravindran
                          Prakash Suthar
                          Guoqiang Wang
                          Dirk Trossen
	Filename        : draft-ravi-icnrg-5gc-icn-01.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2018-02-27

Abstract:
   The proposed 3GPP's 5G core nextgen architecture (5GC) offers
   flexibility to introduce new user and control plane function,
   considering the support for network slicing functions, that allows
   greater flexibility to handle heterogeneous devices and applications.
   In this draft, we provide a short description of the proposed 5GC
   architecture, followed by extensions to 5GC's control and user plane
   to support packet data unit (PDU) sessions from information-centric
   networks.  The value of enabling ICN in 5GC is discussed using
   multiple service scenarios in the context of mobile edge computing
   such as smart mobility and VR use case, and to enable network
   services such as seamless mobility for ICN sessions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ravi-icnrg-5gc-icn/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ravi-icnrg-5gc-icn-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ravi-icnrg-5gc-icn-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ravi-icnrg-5gc-icn-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/