Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-quic-qcram-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 14:20:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the QUIC WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Header Compression for HTTP over QUIC
        Authors         : Charles 'Buck' Krasic
                          Mike Bishop
                          Alan Frindell
	Filename        : draft-ietf-quic-qcram-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2018-02-20

Abstract:
   The design of the core QUIC transport subsumes many HTTP/2 features,
   prominent among them stream multiplexing.  A key advantage of the
   QUIC transport is stream multiplexing free of head-of-line (HoL)
   blocking between streams.  In HTTP/2, multiplexed streams can suffer
   HoL blocking due to TCP.

   If HTTP/2's HPACK is used for header compression, HTTP/QUIC is still
   vulnerable to HoL blocking, because of HPACK's assumption of in-order
   delivery.  This draft defines QCRAM, a variation of HPACK and
   mechanisms in the HTTP/QUIC mapping that allow the flexibility to
   avoid header-compression-induced HoL blocking.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-quic-qcram/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-quic-qcram-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-quic-qcram-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/