Subject: I-D Action: draft-mendes-icnrg-dabber-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 01:48:28 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Information-centric Routing for Opportunistic Wireless Networks
        Authors         : Paulo Mendes
                          Rute Sofia
                          Vassilis Tsaoussidis
                          Sotiris Diamantopoulos
                          Christos-Alexandros Sarros
	Filename        : draft-mendes-icnrg-dabber-00.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2018-02-23

Abstract:
   This draft describes the Data reAchaBility BasEd Routing (DABBER)
   protocol, which has been developed to extend the reached of Named
   Data Networking based routing approaches to opportunistic wireless
   networks. By "opportunistic wireless networks" it is meant multi-hop
   wireless networks where finding an end-to-end path between any pair
   of nodes at any moment in time may be a challenge. The goal is to
   assist in better defining opportunities for the transmission of
   Interest packets towards the most suitable data source, based on
   metrics that provide information about: i) the availability of
   different data sources; ii) the availability and centrality of
   neighbor nodes; iii) the time lapse between forwarding Interest
   packets and receiving the corresponding data packets. The document
   presents an architectural overview of DABBER followed by
   specification options related to the dissemination of name-prefix
   information to support the computation of next hops, and the ranking
   of forwarding options based on the best set of neighbors to ensure a
   short time-to-completion.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mendes-icnrg-dabber/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mendes-icnrg-dabber-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mendes-icnrg-dabber-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/