Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 18:19:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) bis
        Authors         : Tomek Mrugalski
                          Marcin Siodelski
                          Bernie Volz
                          Andrew Yourtchenko
                          Michael C. Richardson
                          Sheng Jiang
                          Ted Lemon
                          Timothy Winters
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-11.txt
	Pages           : 145
	Date            : 2018-02-24

Abstract:
   This document describes the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for
   IPv6 (DHCPv6): an extensible mechanism for configuring nodes with
   network configuration parameters, IP addresses, and prefixes.
   Parameters can be provided statelessly, or in combination with
   stateful assignment of one or more IPv6 addresses and/or IPv6
   prefixes.  DHCPv6 can operate either in place of or in addition to
   stateless address autoconfiguration (SLAAC).

   This document updates the text from RFC3315, the original DHCPv6
   specification, and incorporates prefix delegation (RFC3633),
   stateless DHCPv6 (RFC3736), an option to specify an upper bound for
   how long a client should wait before refreshing information
   (RFC4242), a mechanism for throttling DHCPv6 clients when DHCPv6
   service is not available (RFC7083), incorporates relay agent handling
   of unknown messages (RFC7283), and clarifies the interactions between
   modes of operation (RFC7550).  As such, this document obsoletes
   RFC3315, RFC3633, RFC3736, RFC4242, RFC7083, RFC7283, and RFC7550.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-rfc3315bis-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/