Subject: I-D Action: draft-sriram-opsec-urpf-improvements-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 15:19:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Enhanced Feasible-Path Unicast Reverse Path Filtering
        Authors         : Kotikalapudi Sriram
                          Doug Montgomery
                          Jeffrey Haas
	Filename        : draft-sriram-opsec-urpf-improvements-03.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2018-03-05

Abstract:
   This document identifies a need for improvement of the unicast
   Reverse Path Filtering techniques (uRPF) [BCP84] for source address
   validation (SAV) [BCP38].  The strict uRPF is inflexible about
   directionality, the loose uRPF is oblivious to directionality, and
   the current feasible-path uRPF attempts to strike a balance between
   the two [BCP84].  However, as shown in this draft, the existing
   feasible-path uRPF still has short comings.  This document describes
   an enhanced feasible-path uRPF technique, which aims to be more
   flexible (in a meaningful way) about directionality than the
   feasible-path uRPF.  It can potentially alleviate ISPs' concerns
   about the possibility of disrupting service for their customers, and
   encourage greater deployment of uRPF techniques.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sriram-opsec-urpf-improvements/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sriram-opsec-urpf-improvements-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sriram-opsec-urpf-improvements-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sriram-opsec-urpf-improvements-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/