Subject: I-D Action: draft-heitz-idr-extra-extended-community-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 13:47:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP Extra Extended Community
        Authors         : Jakob Heitz
                          Ali Sajassi
                          Ignas Bagdonas
	Filename        : draft-heitz-idr-extra-extended-community-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2018-03-05

Abstract:
   Auto-derived identifiers are used by applications to enable zero
   configuration features.  Such identifiers are often a combination of
   primitive identifiers and are thus longer.  In addition, existing
   identifiers have grown longer.  IP addresses have grown from 4 octets
   to 16.  AS numbers have grown from 2 octets to 4.  In order to
   accommodate such longer identifiers in BGP extended communities, this
   document defines a new BGP path attribute, the Extra Extended
   Communities attribute.  It is similar to the Extended Community, but
   is 24 octets long.  Communities are mostly used within ASes under a
   single administration or between neighboring ASes.  Limiting the
   spread of communities beyond their intended reach and polluting the
   internet at large is complex and error prone.  To simplify this,
   enhanced transitivity options are provided.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-heitz-idr-extra-extended-community/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-heitz-idr-extra-extended-community-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-heitz-idr-extra-extended-community-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/