Subject: I-D Action: draft-rosenberg-stir-sipcoin-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2018 14:39:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SIPCoin: A Cryptocurrency for Preventing RoboCalling on the PSTN
        Authors         : Jonathan Rosenberg
                          Cullen Jennings
	Filename        : draft-rosenberg-stir-sipcoin-00.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2018-03-02

Abstract:
   Robocalling has become an increasing problem in the Public Switched
   Telephone Network (PSTN).  While techniques like verified caller ID
   can help reduce its impact, ultimately robocalling will continue
   until economically it is no longer viable.  This document proposes a
   new type of cryptocurrency, called SIPCoin, which is used to create a
   tax - in the form of computation - that must be paid before placing
   an inter-domain call on the SIP-based public telephone network.
   SIPCoin maintains complete anonymity of calls, is non-transferable
   between users avoiding its usage as an exchangeable currency, causes
   minimal increase call setup delays, and makes use of traditional
   certificate authority trust chains to validate proofs of work.
   SIPCoin is best used in concert with whitelist based techniques to
   minimize costs on known valid callers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rosenberg-stir-sipcoin/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rosenberg-stir-sipcoin-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-rosenberg-stir-sipcoin-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/