Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 23:54:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DHCPv4 over DHCPv6 Source Address Option
        Authors         : Ian Farrer
                          Qi Sun
                          Yong Cui
                          Linhui Sun
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt-02.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2018-03-17

Abstract:
   DHCPv4 over DHCPv6 is a mechanism for dynamically configuring IPv4
   over an IPv6-only network.  For DHCPv4 over DHCPv6 to function with
   some IPv4-over-IPv6 softwire mechanisms and deployment scenarios, the
   operator needs to know the IPv6 address that the client will use as
   the source of IPv4-in-IPv6 softwire tunnel.  This address, in
   conjunction with the client's IPv4 address and (in some deployments),
   the Port Set ID are used to create a binding table entry in the
   operator's softwire tunnel concentrator.  This memo defines a DHCPv6
   option to convey IPv6 parameters for establishing the softwire tunnel
   and a DHCPv4 option (to be used only with DHCP 4o6) to communicate
   the source tunnel IPv6 address between the DHCP 4o6 client and
   server.  It is designed to work in conjunction with the IPv4 address
   allocation process.  This document updates "DHCPv6 Options for
   Configuration of Softwire Address and Port-Mapped Clients" to allow
   the DHCPv6 option OPTION_S46_BR (90) to appear outside of DHCPv6
   softwire container options.

   This document updates RFC7598, allowing OPTION_S46_BR (90) to be
   enumerated in the DHCPv6 client's ORO request and appear directly
   within subsequent messages sent by the DHCPv6 server.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/