Subject: I-D Action: draft-camwinget-tls-use-cases-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 13:45:36 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TLS 1.3 Impact on Network-Based Security
        Authors         : Flemming Andreasen
                          Nancy Cam-Winget
                          Eric Wang
	Filename        : draft-camwinget-tls-use-cases-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2018-03-05

Abstract:
   Network-based security solutions are used by enterprises, public
   sector, and cloud service providers today in order to both complement
   and augment host-based security solutions.  TLS 1.3 introduces
   several changes to TLS 1.2 with a goal to improve the overall
   security and privacy provided by TLS.  However some of these changes
   have a negative impact on network-based security solutions.  While
   this may be viewed as a feature, there are several real-life use case
   scenarios that are not easily solved without such network-based
   security solutions.  In this document, we identify the TLS 1.3
   changes that may impact network-based security solutions and provide
   a set of use case scenarios that are not easily solved without such
   solutions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-camwinget-tls-use-cases/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-camwinget-tls-use-cases-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-camwinget-tls-use-cases-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-camwinget-tls-use-cases-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/