Subject: I-D Action: draft-fgont-6man-rfc4941bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 20:14:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Privacy Extensions for Stateless Address Autoconfiguration in IPv6
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Suresh Krishnan
                          Thomas Narten
                          Richard Draves
	Filename        : draft-fgont-6man-rfc4941bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2018-03-25

Abstract:
   Nodes use IPv6 stateless address autoconfiguration to generate
   addresses using a combination of locally available information and
   information advertised by routers.  Addresses are formed by combining
   network prefixes with an interface identifier.  On an interface that
   contains an embedded IEEE Identifier, the interface identifier is
   typically derived from it.  On other interface types, the interface
   identifier is generated through other means, for example, via random
   number generation.  This document describes an extension to IPv6
   stateless address autoconfiguration for interfaces whose interface
   identifier is derived from an IEEE identifier.  Use of the extension
   causes nodes to generate global scope addresses from interface
   identifiers that change over time, even in cases where the interface
   contains an embedded IEEE identifier.  Changing the interface
   identifier (and the global scope addresses generated from it) over
   time makes it more difficult for eavesdroppers and other information
   collectors to identify when different addresses used in different
   transactions actually correspond to the same node.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fgont-6man-rfc4941bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fgont-6man-rfc4941bis-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-fgont-6man-rfc4941bis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/