Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-rift-network-ip-assignment-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 14:43:07 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A method to assign IP-address automatically in data center construction
        Authors         : Yun Zhang
                          Marcus Sun
                          Feng Gao
	Filename        : draft-zhang-rift-network-ip-assignment-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2018-03-05

Abstract:
   IP assignment is always a big challenge in the construction of an
   enterprise-scale data center. For two interfaces connected by a
   cable, if their assigned IP addresses do not belong to a same subnet,
   data then cannot be transmitted via this cable. An error in a cable
   connection could make the IP addresses of the cable's two ends not in
   a same subnet, resulting in a reduction in network throughout.
   Furthermore, it is difficult to find and repair this error connection
   among numerous cables. A method to address this error in switch
   connection would save a great amount of time and cost in modern data
   center construction. Here, this draft introduces an approach to
   assign the IP addresses automatically for two connected switches,
   which allows data to be transmitted via a cable that is connecting
   two arbitrary interfaces from two switches.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-rift-network-ip-assignment/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-rift-network-ip-assignment-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-zhang-rift-network-ip-assignment-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/