Subject: I-D Action: draft-mohanty-bess-evpn-bum-opt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 14:12:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP EVPN Flood Traffic Optimization
        Authors         : Satya Ranjan Mohanty
                          Mrinmoy Ghosh
                          Sandy Breeze
                          Jim Uttaro
	Filename        : draft-mohanty-bess-evpn-bum-opt-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2018-03-05

Abstract:
   In EVPN, the Broadcast, Unknown Unicast and Multicast (BUM) traffic
   is sent to all the routers participating in the EVPN instance.  In a
   multi-homing scenario, when more than one PEs share the same Ethernet
   Segment, i.e. there are more than one PEs in a redundancy group, only
   the PE that is the Designated-Forwarder (DF) for the ES will forward
   that packet on the access interface whereas all non-DF PEs will drop
   the packet.  From the perspective of the network, this is quite
   wasteful.  This is especially true if there are significantly more
   PEs on the Ethernet Segment.  This draft explores this problem and
   provides a solution for the same.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mohanty-bess-evpn-bum-opt/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mohanty-bess-evpn-bum-opt-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mohanty-bess-evpn-bum-opt-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/