Subject: I-D Action: draft-xie-pim-bier-extension-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 05:09:53 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PIM Extensions for P2MP-based BIER
        Authors         : Jingrong Xie
                          Yisong Liu
                          Mike McBride
	Filename        : draft-xie-pim-bier-extension-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2018-03-05

Abstract:
   Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER) is a new architecture that
   provides optimal multicast forwarding without requiring intermediate
   routers to maintain any per-flow state by using a multicast-specific
   BIER header.  PIM is a well-known multicast-specific routing protocol
   which is widely deployed either in a VRF context or in a Non-VRF
   context.  This document describes PIM extensions to signal a P2MP
   Tree with BIER information, which is called a P2MP based BIER in
   [I.D.xie-bier-mvpn-mpls-p2mp].  PIM is required to alloc Label to
   build a P2MP tree hop-by-hop, and build a P2MP based BIER forwarding
   table further.  This requires a BitMask being carried as a PIM Join
   Attribute by downstream node to upstream node hop-by-hop, and the
   behavior is like precedures as specified in [RFC6807].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xie-pim-bier-extension/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xie-pim-bier-extension-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-xie-pim-bier-extension-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/