Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-idr-node-for-ip-assignment-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 09:32:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : An approach for auto-assignment of IP addresses for wired switches
        Authors         : Yun Zhang
                          Marcus Sun
                          Feng Gao
	Filename        : draft-zhang-idr-node-for-ip-assignment-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2018-03-05

Abstract:
   There is a great challenge in cabling deployment for an enterprise-
   scale data center. An error in wire-connection between switches could
   lead to a reduction in network throughout or unreachable for some
   routers within network in an even worse case. In addition, it is also
   a tough task to find and repair the error connection among numerous
   wires. A method to address this error in switch connection would save
   a great amount of time and cost in modern data center construction.
   Here, this draft introduces an approach for auto-assignment of IP
   addresses for wired switches, which allows data to be transmitted via
   a cable that is connecting two arbitrary interfaces from two
   switches.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-idr-node-for-ip-assignment/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-idr-node-for-ip-assignment-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-zhang-idr-node-for-ip-assignment-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/