Subject: I-D Action: draft-jabley-dnsop-bootstrap-validator-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 07:59:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Establishing an Appropriate Root Zone DNSSEC Trust Anchor at Startup
        Authors         : Joe Abley
                          Dave Knight
	Filename        : draft-jabley-dnsop-bootstrap-validator-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2018-03-19

Abstract:
   Domain Name System Security Extensions (DNSSEC) allow cryptographic
   signatures to be used to validate responses received from the Domain
   Name System (DNS).  A DNS client which validates such signatures is
   known as a validator.

   The choice of appropriate root zone trust anchor for a validator is
   expected to vary over time as the corresponding cryptographic keys
   used in DNSSEC are changed.

   This document provides guidance on how validators might determine an
   appropriate trust anchor for the root zone to use at start-up, or
   when other mechanisms intended to allow key rollover to be tolerated
   gracefully are not available.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jabley-dnsop-bootstrap-validator/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jabley-dnsop-bootstrap-validator-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-jabley-dnsop-bootstrap-validator-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/