Subject: I-D Action: draft-andersen-historic-4406-etal-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 02:50:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Status Change for RFCs 4405, 4406, 4407 to Historic
        Author          : Kurt Andersen
	Filename        : draft-andersen-historic-4406-etal-00.txt
	Pages           : 3
	Date            : 2018-03-23

Abstract:
   In 2006, two experiments were started for email authentication:
   Sender Policy Framework (SPF, RFC 4408 [RFC4408]) and Sender ID (RFC
   4406 [RFC4406], supported by RFCs 4405 [RFC4405] and 4407 [RFC4407]).
   After eight years of experimental data (RFC 6686 [RFC6686]), it was
   clear that SPF remained in widespread use while Sender ID did not.
   RFC 7208 [RFC7208] moved SPF from Experimental status to Proposed
   Standard.  This document acknowledges that Sender ID did not pass its
   experiment, and changes the status of RFCs 4405 [RFC4405], 4406
   [RFC4406], and 4407 [RFC4407] to Historic.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-andersen-historic-4406-etal/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-andersen-historic-4406-etal-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-andersen-historic-4406-etal-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/