Subject: I-D Action: draft-fenter-tls-decryption-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 13:05:08 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Why Enterprises Need Out-of-Band TLS Decryption
        Author          : Steve Fenter
	Filename        : draft-fenter-tls-decryption-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2018-03-05

Abstract:
   Some enterprises are heavily TLS encrypted within their own
   enterprise network boundaries.  Many of these enterprises are also
   utilizing out-of-band TLS decryption in order to inspect their own
   traffic for purposes of troubleshooting, network security monitoring,
   and for other kinds of monitoring.  These monitoring functions are
   mission critical, and cannot just be done without when TLS 1.3
   (draft-ietf-tls-tls13-26) is released or when the RSA key exchange is
   someday deprecated from TLS 1.2 (RFC5246).  This draft will outline
   the use cases for out-of-band TLS decryption, as well as alternative
   suggestions for monitoring and troubleshooting and the limitations of
   those alternatives.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fenter-tls-decryption/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fenter-tls-decryption-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-fenter-tls-decryption-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/