Subject: I-D Action: draft-bogineni-dmm-optimized-mobile-user-plane-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 15:06:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Optimized Mobile User Plane Solutions for 5G
        Authors         : K. Bogineni
                          A. Rodriguez-Natal
	Filename        : draft-bogineni-dmm-optimized-mobile-user-plane-00.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2018-03-05

Abstract:
   3GPP CT4 has approved a study item to study different mobility
   management protocols for potential replacement of GTP tunnels between
   UPFs (N9 Interface) in the 3GPP 5G system architecture.

   This document provides an overview of 5G system architecture in the
   context of N9 Interface which is the scope of the 3GPP CT4 study item
   [23501, 23502, 23503, 23203, 29244, 29281, 38300, 38401]. The
   requirements for the network functions and the relevant interfaces
   are provided.

   Reference scenarios and criteria for evaluation of various IETF
   protocols are provided.

   Several IETF protocols are considered for comparison: SRv6, LISP, ILA
   and several combinations of control plane and user plane protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bogineni-dmm-optimized-mobile-user-plane/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bogineni-dmm-optimized-mobile-user-plane-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bogineni-dmm-optimized-mobile-user-plane-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/