Subject: I-D Action: draft-purkayastha-sfc-service-indirection-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2018 08:25:05 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Alternative Handling of Dynamic Chaining and Service Indirection
        Authors         : Debashish Purkayastha
                          Akbar Rahman
                          Dirk Trossen
                          Zoran Despotovic
                          Ramin Khalili
	Filename        : draft-purkayastha-sfc-service-indirection-02.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2018-03-01

Abstract:
   Many stringent requirements are imposed on today's network, such as
   low latency, high availability and reliability in order to support
   several use cases such as IoT, Gaming, Content distribution, Robotics
   etc.  Networks need to be flexible and dynamic in terms of allocation
   of services and resources.  Network Operators should be able to
   reconfigure the composition of a service and steer users towards new
   service end points as user move or resource availability changes.
   SFC allows network operators to easily create and reconfigure service
   function chains dynamically in response to changing network
   requirements.  We discuss a use case where Service Function Chain can
   adapt or self-organize as demanded by the network condition without
   requiring SPI re-classification.  This can be achieved, for example,
   by decoupling the service consumer and service endpoint by a new
   service function proposed in this draft.  We describe few
   requirements for this service function to enable dynamic switching
   between consumer and end point.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-purkayastha-sfc-service-indirection/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-purkayastha-sfc-service-indirection-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-purkayastha-sfc-service-indirection-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-purkayastha-sfc-service-indirection-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/