Subject: I-D Action: draft-hl-dnsop-cache-filling-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2018 14:51:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Additional Method for Filling DNS Caches
        Authors         : Paul Hoffman
                          Matt Larson
	Filename        : draft-hl-dnsop-cache-filling-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2018-03-02

Abstract:
   DNS recursive resolvers do not always have access to the
   authoritative resolvers from which they need to get information.  For
   example, when the DNS root servers are under DDoS attack, a recursive
   resolver may not be able to get an answer from any of the root
   servers.  This document describes how resolvers can populate their
   caches with zone information, and keep their cache populated, using
   out-of-band mechanisms that do not rely on the DNS protocol.  The
   protocol is primarily designed for the root zone, but can apply to
   any zone that wants to participate by publishing values to be cached.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hl-dnsop-cache-filling/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hl-dnsop-cache-filling-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hl-dnsop-cache-filling-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/