Subject: I-D Action: draft-kato-threat-pairing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 19:43:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The threat of Pairing based cryptographic protocols.
        Authors         : Akihiro Kato
                          Tetsutaro Kobayashi
                          Yuto Kawahara
                          Teachan Kim
                          Tsunekazu Saito
	Filename        : draft-kato-threat-pairing-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2018-03-18

Abstract:
   Pairing is a special map from two elliptic curves that called
   Pairing-friendly curves to a finite field and is useful mathematical
   tools for constructing cryptographic primitives.

   At CRYPTO 2016, Kim and Barbulescu proposed an efficient number field
   sieve algorithm for the discrete logarithm problem in a finite field.
   The security of pairing-based cryptography is based on the difficulty
   in solving the DLP.  Hence, it has become necessary to shift the
   parameters that the DLP is computationally infeasible against the
   efficient number field sieve algorithms.

   This memo introduce Optimal Ate Pairing and two pairing-friendly
   curves with parameters of pairing against efficient number field
   sieve algorithms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kato-threat-pairing/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kato-threat-pairing-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kato-threat-pairing-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/