Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-22.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2018 09:26:13 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks WG of the IETF.

        Title           : When to use RFC 6553, 6554 and IPv6-in-IPv6
        Authors         : Maria Ines Robles
                          Michael C. Richardson
                          Pascal Thubert
	Filename        : draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-22.txt
	Pages           : 46
	Date            : 2018-03-01

Abstract:
   This document looks at different data flows through LLN (Low-Power
   and Lossy Networks) where RPL (IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low-Power
   and Lossy Networks) is used to establish routing.  The document
   enumerates the cases where RFC 6553, RFC 6554 and IPv6-in-IPv6
   encapsulation is required.  This analysis provides the basis on which
   to design efficient compression of these headers.  This document
   updates RFC 6553 adding a change to the RPL Option Type.
   Additionally, this document updates RFC 6550 to indicate about this
   change and updates RFC8138 as well to consider the new Option Type
   when RPL Option is decompressed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-22
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-22

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-roll-useofrplinfo-22

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/