Subject: I-D Action: draft-sajassi-bess-evpn-fast-df-recovery-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 11:22:42 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Fast Recovery for EVPN DF Election
        Authors         : Ali Sajassi
                          Gaurav Badoni
                          Dhananjaya Rao
                          Patrice Brissette
                          John Drake
	Filename        : draft-sajassi-bess-evpn-fast-df-recovery-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2018-03-05

Abstract:
   Ethernet Virtual Private Network (EVPN) solution [RFC 7432] describes
   DF election procedures for multi-homing Ethernet Segments. These
   procedures are enhanced further in [DF-FRAMEWORK] by applying Highest
   Random Weight Algorithm for DF election in order to avoid DF status
   unnecessarily upon a failure. This draft makes further improvement to
   DF election procedures in [DF-FRAMEWORK] by providing two options for
   fast DF election upon recovery of the failed link or node associated
   with the multi-homing Ethernet Segment. This fast DF election is
   achieved independent of number of EVIs associated with that Ethernet
   Segment and it is performed via a simple signaling between the
   recovered PE and each PE in the multi-homing group.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sajassi-bess-evpn-fast-df-recovery/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sajassi-bess-evpn-fast-df-recovery-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sajassi-bess-evpn-fast-df-recovery-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sajassi-bess-evpn-fast-df-recovery-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/