Subject: I-D Action: draft-clausen-lln-rpl-experiences-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 08:10:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Observations on RPL: IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low power and Lossy Networks
        Authors         : Thomas Clausen
                          Axel Colin de Verdiere
                          Jiazi Yi
                          Ulrich Herberg
                          Yuichi Igarashi
	Filename        : draft-clausen-lln-rpl-experiences-11.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2018-03-27

Abstract:
   With RPL - the "IPv6 Routing Protocol for Low-power Lossy Networks" -
   published as a Proposed Standard after a ~2-year development cycle,
   this document presents an observation of the resulting protocol, of
   its applicability, and of its limits.  The documents presents a
   selection of observations on the protocol characteristics, exposes
   experiences acquired when producing various prototype implementations
   of RPL, and presents results obtained from testing this protocol - by
   way of network simulations, in network testbeds and in deployments.
   The document aims at providing a better understanding of possible
   limits of RPL, notably the possible directions that further protocol
   developments should explore, in order to address these.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-clausen-lln-rpl-experiences/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-clausen-lln-rpl-experiences-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-clausen-lln-rpl-experiences-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-clausen-lln-rpl-experiences-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/