Subject: I-D Action: draft-samuelsson-netvc-xvc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 06:00:52 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The xvc video codec
        Authors         : Jonatan Samuelsson
                          Per Hermansson
	Filename        : draft-samuelsson-netvc-xvc-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2018-03-05

Abstract:
   This document presents a high-level technical description of the xvc
   video codec.  The xvc video codec is a novel video codec that was
   released in its first version in September 2017.  This document
   provides some technical information as well as a discussion section
   around how the xvc codec meets the objectives of the NETVC Working
   Group.  The document also includes results comparing a recent
   revision of xvc with recent revisions of AV1 and HM for three
   different test cases; All-Intra, single pass Random-Access, and
   multi-pass Random-Access.  The average compression gain (BD-rate for
   PSNR-Y) for xvc ranges from 3% to 20% for the different test cases.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-samuelsson-netvc-xvc/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-samuelsson-netvc-xvc-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-samuelsson-netvc-xvc-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/