Subject: I-D Action: draft-weis-delay-detection-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 13:35:05 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPsec Delivery Delay Detection
        Authors         : Brian Weis
                          Umesh Mangla
                          Thomas Karl
                          Nilesh Maheshwari
	Filename        : draft-weis-delay-detection-04.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2018-03-05

Abstract:
   This memo describes a one-way measurement of an IPsec packet edge-to-
   edge delay.  Delay detection is enabled by a sender of an IPsec
   packet that includes a timestamp declaring the time at which it was
   sent.  The receiver of the datagram can then judge how recently it
   was sent and choose a policy action, which could include discarding
   packets deemed to be 'too old' (having a timestamp too far into the
   past) or 'too new' (having a timestamp that is too far into the
   future).  This provides a freshness policy check, which can be
   valuable irrespective of whether the IPsec policy also includes
   replay protection.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-weis-delay-detection/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-weis-delay-detection-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-weis-delay-detection-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-weis-delay-detection-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/