Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 06:09:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DLEP Link Identifier Extension
        Authors         : Rick Taylor
                          Stan Ratliff
	Filename        : draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension-02.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2018-03-19

Abstract:
   There exists a class of modems that wish to support the Dynamic Link
   Exchange Protocol (DLEP) [RFC8175] but do not present a single Layer
   2 network domain as required by DLEP.  Such devices may be:

   o  Modems that maintain a varying link to some upstream backbone
      network infrastructure, where the ability to announce link state
      and DLEP metrics is desired, but the concept of a DLEP destination
      router for the backbone does not apply.  Examples of such devices
      can include LTE modems, IEEE 802.11 stations not in ad-hoc mode,
      and some satellite terminals.

   o  Modems that provide Layer 3 wide area network connectivity between
      devices, where individual DLEP destinations do exist, but are not
      directly reachable by MAC address.

   This document introduces an optional extension to the core DLEP
   specification, allowing DLEP to be used between routers and modems
   that operate in this way.

   Note:

   o  This document is intended as an extension to the core DLEP
      specification, and readers are expected to be fully conversant
      with the operation of core DLEP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-manet-dlep-lid-extension-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/