Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-kskroll-sentinel-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 03:37:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A Root Key Trust Anchor Sentinel for DNSSEC
        Authors         : Geoff Huston
                          Joao Silva Damas
                          Warren Kumari
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-kskroll-sentinel-08.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2018-03-24

Abstract:
   The DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC) were developed to provide origin
   authentication and integrity protection for DNS data by using digital
   signatures.  These digital signatures can be verified by building a
   chain of trust starting from a trust anchor and proceeding down to a
   particular node in the DNS.  This document specifies a mechanism that
   will allow an end user and third parties to determine the trusted key
   state for the root key of the resolvers that handle that user's DNS
   queries.  Note that this method is only applicable for determing
   which keys are in the trust store for the root key.

   There is an example / toy implementation of this at http://www.ksk-
   test.net .

   [ This document is being collaborated on in Github at:
   https://github.com/APNIC-Labs/draft-kskroll-sentinel.  The most
   recent version of the document, open issues, etc should all be
   available here.  The authors (gratefully) accept pull requests.  Text
   in square brackets will be removed before publication. ]

   [ NOTE: This version uses the labels "kskroll-sentinel-is-ta-<key-
   tag>", "kskroll-sentinel-not-ta-<key-tag>"; older versions of this
   document used "_is-ta-<key-tag>", "_not-ta-<key-tag>".  Also note
   that the format of the tag-index is now zero-filled decimal.
   Apolgies to those who have began implmenting.]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-kskroll-sentinel/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-kskroll-sentinel-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-kskroll-sentinel-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-kskroll-sentinel-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/