Subject: I-D Action: draft-ravi-icnrg-ccn-forwarding-label-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 11:09:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Forwarding Label support in CCN Protocol
        Authors         : Ravishankar Ravindran
                          Asit Chakraborti
                          Aytac Azgin
	Filename        : draft-ravi-icnrg-ccn-forwarding-label-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2018-03-05

Abstract:
   The objective of this proposal is to enable application identifier
   (AI) and network identifier (NI) split in the CCN protocol that has
   several applications such as towards Interest routing optimization,
   mobility, conversational session support, handling indirections in
   manifests, and routing scalability.  We enable this through the
   notion of forwarding label object (FLO), which is an optional hop-by-
   hop payload in the Interest message with a topological name which
   identifies a network domain, router or a host.  FLO can be inserted
   by the end user applications or by the network.  FLO is processed by
   the network resulting in either terminating it or swapping it with a
   new FLO based on the network service context.  Furthermore, depending
   on the application and trust context, a FLO can be subjected to
   policy based actions by the forwarders such as invoking security
   verification or enabling other FLO management actions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ravi-icnrg-ccn-forwarding-label/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ravi-icnrg-ccn-forwarding-label-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ravi-icnrg-ccn-forwarding-label-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ravi-icnrg-ccn-forwarding-label-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/