Subject: I-D Action: draft-venaas-pim-reserved-bits-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2018 10:26:38 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PIM reserved bits and type space extension
        Authors         : Stig Venaas
                          Alvaro Retana
	Filename        : draft-venaas-pim-reserved-bits-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2018-03-01

Abstract:
   The currently defined PIM version 2 messages share a common message
   header format.  The common header definition contains eight reserved
   bits.  This document specifies how these bits may be used by
   individual message types, and creates a registry containing the per
   message type usage.  This document also extends the PIM type space by
   defining a new message type where four of the flag bits are used as
   an extended type range.

   This document Updates RFC7761 and RFC3973 by defining the use of the
   currently Reserved field in the PIM common header.  This document
   further updates RFC7761 and RFC3973, along with RFC5015, RFC6754 and
   I-D.ietf-pim-source-discovery-bsr, by specifying the use of the
   currently Reserved bits for each PIM message.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-venaas-pim-reserved-bits/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-venaas-pim-reserved-bits-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-venaas-pim-reserved-bits-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/