Subject: I-D Action: draft-baraq-roll-drizzle-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 05:28:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Drizzle Algorithm
        Authors         : Baraq Ghaleb
                          Ahmed Al-Dubai
                          Imed Romdhani
                          Mamoun Qasem
	Filename        : draft-baraq-roll-drizzle-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2018-03-22

Abstract:
   Trickle algorithm used in RPL routing protocol suffers from some
   issues related to power, network convergence time and overhead and
   load-distribution. To optimize this algorithm for Low-power and Lossy
   Networks (LLNs), a new algorithm called Drizzle is introduced.
   Drizzle uses an adaptive suppression mechanism that permits the nodes
   to have different transmission probabilities, which are consistent
   with their transmission history. Compared to Trickle, Drizzle removes
   the listen-only period from Drizzle's intervals, thus, leading to
   faster convergence time. Furthermore, a new policy for setting the
   redundancy coefficient has been used to mitigate the negative effect
   of the short-listen problem presented when removing the listen-only
   period and to further boost the fairness in the network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-baraq-roll-drizzle/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-baraq-roll-drizzle-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-baraq-roll-drizzle-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/