Subject: I-D Action: draft-palet-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2018 21:27:23 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Transition Requirements for IPv6 Customer Edge Routers to support IPv4 as a Service
        Authors         : Jordi Palet Martinez
                          Hans M.-H. Liu
	Filename        : draft-palet-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2018-03-02

Abstract:
   This document specifies the transition requirements for an IPv6
   Customer Edge (CE) router, either provided by the service provider or
   thru the retail market.

   Specifically, this document extends the "Basic Requirements for IPv6
   Customer Edge Routers" ([RFC7084]) in order to allow the provisioning
   of IPv6 transition services for the support of IPv4 as a Service
   (IPv4aaS) by means of new transition mechanisms, which where not
   available at the time [RFC7084] was published.  The document only
   covers transition technologies for delivering IPv4 in IPv6-only
   access networks, commonly called IPv4 "as-a-service" (IPv4aaS), as
   required in a world where IPv4 addresses are no longer available, so
   hosts in the customer LANs with IPv4-only or IPv6-only applications
   or devices, requiring to communicate with IPv4-only services at the
   Internet, are still able to do so.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-palet-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-palet-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-palet-v6ops-transition-ipv4aas-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/