Subject: I-D Action: draft-jeong-ipwave-iot-dns-autoconf-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 10:28:51 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DNS Name Autoconfiguration for Internet of Things Devices
        Authors         : Jaehoon Paul Jeong
                          Sejun Lee
                          Jung-Soo Park
	Filename        : draft-jeong-ipwave-iot-dns-autoconf-02.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2018-03-05

Abstract:
   This document specifies an autoconfiguration scheme for device
   discovery and service discovery.  Through the device discovery, this
   document supports the global (or local) DNS naming of Internet of
   Things (IoT) devices, such as sensors, actuators, and in-vehicle
   units.  By this scheme, the DNS name of an IoT device can be
   autoconfigured with the device's model information in wired and
   wireless target networks (e.g., vehicle, road network, home, office,
   shopping mall, and smart grid).  Through the service discovery, IoT
   users (e.g., drivers, passengers, home residents, and customers) in
   the Internet (or local network) can easily identify each device for
   monitoring and remote-controlling it in a target network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jeong-ipwave-iot-dns-autoconf/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jeong-ipwave-iot-dns-autoconf-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-jeong-ipwave-iot-dns-autoconf-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jeong-ipwave-iot-dns-autoconf-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/