Subject: I-D Action: draft-sambo-netmod-yang-fsm-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2018 05:49:16 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : YANG model for finite state machine
        Authors         : Nicola Sambo
                          Piero Castoldi
                          Giuseppe Fioccola
                          Filippo Cugini
                          Haoyu Song
                          Tianran Zhou
	Filename        : draft-sambo-netmod-yang-fsm-02.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2018-03-02

Abstract:
   Network operators and service providers are facing the challenge of
   deploying systems from different vendors while looking for a trade-
   off among transmission performance, network device reuse, and capital
   expenditure without the need of being tied to single vendor
   equipment.  The deployment and operation of more dynamic and
   programmable network infrastructures can be driven by adopting model-
   driven and software-defined control and management paradigms.  In
   this context, YANG enables to compile a set of consistent vendor-
   neutral data models for networks and components based on actual
   operational needs emerging from heterogeneous use cases.  This
   document proposes YANG models to describe events, operations, and
   finite state machine of YANG-defined network elements.  The proposed
   models can be applied in several use cases: i) in the context of
   optical networks to pre-instruct data plane devices (e.g., an optical
   transponder) on the actions to be performed (e.g., code adaptation)
   in case some events, such as physical layer degradations, occur; ii)
   in general data networks, network telemetry applications can define
   and embed custom data probes into data plane devices.  A probe in
   many cases can be modeled as an FSM; iii) the monitoring of packet
   loss and delay through a network clustering approach.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sambo-netmod-yang-fsm/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sambo-netmod-yang-fsm-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sambo-netmod-yang-fsm-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sambo-netmod-yang-fsm-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/