Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 16:00:19 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Payloads WG of the IETF.

        Title           : RTP Payload Format for Flexible Forward Error Correction (FEC)
        Authors         : Mo Zanaty
                          Varun Singh
                          Ali Begen
                          Giridhar Mandyam
	Filename        : draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme-06.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2018-03-05

Abstract:
   This document defines new RTP payload formats for the Forward Error
   Correction (FEC) packets that are generated by the non-interleaved
   and interleaved parity codes from a source media encapsulated in RTP.
   These parity codes are systematic codes, where a number of FEC repair
   packets are generated from a set of source packets.  These repair
   packets are sent in a redundancy RTP stream separate from the source
   RTP stream that carries the source packets.  RTP source packets that
   were lost in transmission can be reconstructed using the source and
   repair packets that were received.  The non-interleaved and
   interleaved parity codes which are defined in this specification
   offer a good protection against random and bursty packet losses,
   respectively, at a cost of decent complexity.  The RTP payload
   formats that are defined in this document address the scalability
   issues experienced with the earlier specifications including RFC
   2733, RFC 5109 and SMPTE 2022-1, and offer several improvements.  Due
   to these changes, the new payload formats are not backward compatible
   with the earlier specifications, but endpoints that do not implement
   this specification can still work by simply ignoring the FEC repair
   packets.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-payload-flexible-fec-scheme-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/