Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dmm-srv6-mobile-uplane-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 14:42:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Distributed Mobility Management WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Segment Routing IPv6 for Mobile User Plane
        Authors         : Satoru Matsushima
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Miya Kohno
                          Pablo Camarillo
                          Daniel Voyer
                          Charles E. Perkins
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dmm-srv6-mobile-uplane-01.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2018-03-05

Abstract:
   This document discusses the applicability of SRv6 (Segment Routing
   IPv6) to user-plane of mobile networks.  The source routing
   capability and the network programming nature of SRv6, accomplish
   mobile user-plane functions in a simple manner.  The statelessness
   and the ability to control underlying layer will be even more
   beneficial to the mobile user-plane, in terms of providing
   flexibility and SLA control for various applications.  It also
   simplifies the network architecture by eliminating the necessity of
   tunnels, such as GTP-U [TS.29281], PMIP [RFC5213], Mac-in-Mac, MPLS,
   and so on.  In addition, Segment Routing provides an enhanced method
   for network slicing, which is briefly introduced by this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-srv6-mobile-uplane/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dmm-srv6-mobile-uplane-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dmm-srv6-mobile-uplane-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dmm-srv6-mobile-uplane-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/