Subject: I-D Action: draft-fossati-tls-ext-header-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2018 15:09:15 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Record Header Extensions for DTLS
        Authors         : Thomas Fossati
                          Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
	Filename        : draft-fossati-tls-ext-header-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2018-03-03

Abstract:
   This document proposes a mechanism to extend the record header in
   DTLS.  To that aim, the DTLS header is modified as follows: the
   length field is trimmed to 15 bits, and the length's top bit is given
   the "record header extension indicator" semantics, allowing a sender
   to signal that one or more record header extensions have been added
   to this record.  We define the generic format of a record header
   extension and the general rules associated with its handling.  Any
   details regarding syntax, semantics and negotiation of a specific
   record header extension, are left to future documents.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fossati-tls-ext-header/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fossati-tls-ext-header-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-fossati-tls-ext-header-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fossati-tls-ext-header-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/