Subject: I-D Action: draft-nir-saag-star-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 09:04:27 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Considerations For Using Short Term Certificates
        Authors         : Yoav Nir
                          Thomas Fossati
                          Yaron Sheffer
                          Toerless Eckert
	Filename        : draft-nir-saag-star-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2018-03-05

Abstract:
   Recently there has been renewed interest in an old idea: Issue
   certificates with short validity periods and forego revocation
   processing, reasoning that expiration is a sufficient replacement for
   revocation as long as that expiration is not too far off.

   This document covers considerations, both security and operational,
   for using such Short Term Auto Renewed (STAR) certificates for
   various scenarios where Using a revocation protocol is considered
   inappropriate.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nir-saag-star/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nir-saag-star-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-nir-saag-star-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-nir-saag-star-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/