Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-mpls-path-programming-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 04:56:10 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Service-Oriented MPLS Path Programming (MPP)
        Author          : Zhenbin Li
	Filename        : draft-li-mpls-path-programming-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2018-03-05

Abstract:
   Segment Routing has been proposed to cope with the use cases in
   traffic engineering, fast re-reroute, service chain, etc.  It can
   leverage existing MPLS dataplane without any modification.  In fact,
   the label stack capability in MPLS would have been utilized well to
   implement flexible path programming to satisfy all kinds of
   requirements of service bearing.  But in the distributed environment,
   the flexible programming capability is difficult to implement and
   always confined to reachability.  As the introducing of central
   control in the network, the flexible MPLS programming capability
   becomes possible owing to two factors: 1.  It becomes easier to
   allocate label for more purposes than reachability; 2.  It is easy to
   calculate the MPLS path in a global network view.  Moreover, the MPLS
   path programming capability can be utilized to satisfy more
   requirements of service bearing in the service layer which is defined
   as service-oriented MPLS path programming.  This document defines the
   concept of MPLS path programming, then proposes use cases,
   architecture and protocol extension requirements in the service
   layer.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-mpls-path-programming/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-mpls-path-programming-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-mpls-path-programming-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/