Subject: I-D Action: draft-balarajah-bmwg-ngfw-performance-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 14:47:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Benchmarking Methodology for Network Security Device Performance
        Authors         : Balamuhunthan Balarajah
                          Carsten Rossenhoevel
	Filename        : draft-balarajah-bmwg-ngfw-performance-02.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2018-03-05

Abstract:
   This document provides benchmarking terminology and methodology for
   next-generation network security devices including next-generation
   firewalls (NGFW), intrusion detection and prevention solutions (IDS/
   IPS) and unified threat management (UTM) implementations.  The
   document aims to strongly improve the applicability, reproducibility
   and transparency of benchmarks and to align the test methodology with
   today's increasingly complex layer 7 application use cases.  The main
   areas covered in this document are test terminology, traffic profiles
   and benchmarking methodology for NGFWs to start with.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-balarajah-bmwg-ngfw-performance/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-balarajah-bmwg-ngfw-performance-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-balarajah-bmwg-ngfw-performance-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-balarajah-bmwg-ngfw-performance-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/