Subject: I-D Action: draft-mohanty-bess-ebgp-dmz-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2018 14:37:48 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Cumulative DMZ Link Bandwidth and load-balancing
        Authors         : Satya Ranjan Mohanty
                          Aaron Millisor
                          Arie Vayner
	Filename        : draft-mohanty-bess-ebgp-dmz-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2018-03-03

Abstract:
   The DMZ Link Bandwidth draft provides a way to load-balance traffic
   to a destination (which is in a different AS than the source) which
   is reachable via more than one path.  Typically, the link bandwidth
   (either configured on the link of the EBGP egress interface or set
   via a policy) is encoded in an extended community and then sent to
   the IBGP peer which employs multi-path.  The link-bandwidth value is
   then extracted from the path extended community and is used as a
   weight in the FIB, which does the load-balancing.  This draft extends
   the usage of the DMZ link bandwidth to another setting where the
   ingress BGP speaker requires knowledge of the cumulative bandwidth
   while doing the load-balancing.  The draft also proposes neighbor-
   level knobs to enable the link bandwidth extended community to be
   regenerated and then advertised to EBGP peers to override the default
   behavior of not advertising optional non-transitive attributes to
   EBGP peers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mohanty-bess-ebgp-dmz/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mohanty-bess-ebgp-dmz-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mohanty-bess-ebgp-dmz-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/