Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-bgp-community-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 05:04:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Export BGP community information in IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX)
        Authors         : Zhenqiang Li
                          Rong Gu
                          Jie Dong
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-bgp-community-06.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2018-03-22

Abstract:
   This draft introduces several information elements (IEs) to enable
   IPFIX [RFC7011] to export the BGP community information, including
   the information of BGP standard community [RFC1997], BGP extended
   community [RFC4360], and BGP large community [RFC8092].  Network
   traffic information can then be accumulated and analysed at the BGP
   community granularity, which represents the traffic of different
   kinds of customers, services, or geographical regions according to
   the network operator's BGP community planning.  Network traffic
   information at the BGP community granularity is useful for network
   traffic analysis and engineering.

   To clarify, no new BGP community attribute is defined in this
   document and this document has no purpose to replace BGP Monitoring
   Protocol (BMP) defined in RFC7854.  The IEs introduced in this
   document are used by IPFIX together with other IEs to facilitate the
   IPFIX collector analyzing the network traffic at the BGP community
   granularity without running the heavy BGP protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-bgp-community/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-bgp-community-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-bgp-community-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-bgp-community-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/