Subject: I-D Action: draft-bonica-intarea-frag-fragile-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2018 15:17:09 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IP Fragmentation Considered Fragile
        Authors         : Ron Bonica
                          Fred Baker
                          Geoff Huston
                          Robert M. Hinden
                          Ole Troan
	Filename        : draft-bonica-intarea-frag-fragile-00.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2018-03-02

Abstract:
   This document provides an overview of IP fragmentation.  It explains
   how IP fragmentation works and why it is required.  As part of that
   explanation, this document also explains how IP fragmentation reduces
   the reliability of Internet communication.

   This document also proposes alternatives to IP fragmentation.
   Finally, it provides recommendations for application developers and
   network operators.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bonica-intarea-frag-fragile/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bonica-intarea-frag-fragile-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bonica-intarea-frag-fragile-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/