Subject: I-D Action: draft-schwartz-httpbis-dns-alt-svc-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 10:10:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Finding HTTP Alternative Services via the Domain Name Service
        Authors         : Ben Schwartz
                          Mike Bishop
	Filename        : draft-schwartz-httpbis-dns-alt-svc-02.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2018-04-23

Abstract:
   The HTTP Alternative Services (Alt-Svc) mechanism allows an HTTP
   origin to be served from multiple network endpoints, and over
   multiple protocols.  However, the client must first contact the
   origin server, in order to learn of the alternative services.  This
   draft proposes a straightforward mapping of Alt-Svc into DNS,
   allowing clients to learn of these services before their first
   contact with the origin.  This arrangement offers potential benefits
   to both performance and privacy.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schwartz-httpbis-dns-alt-svc/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schwartz-httpbis-dns-alt-svc-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-schwartz-httpbis-dns-alt-svc-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-schwartz-httpbis-dns-alt-svc-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/