Subject: I-D Action: draft-daveor-ipv6-crime-attribution-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 01:49:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Analysis of the Crime Attribution Characteristics of Various IPv6 Address Assignment Techniques
        Author          : David O'Reilly
	Filename        : draft-daveor-ipv6-crime-attribution-00.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2018-04-25

Abstract:
   The migration from IPv4 to IPv6 is intended to fix a large number of
   problems with IPv4 that have been identified through many years of
   global use, not least of which is the shortage of available IPv4
   addresses.  One of the challenges with IPv4 that has not, apparently,
   been adequately considered is the crime attribution characteristics
   of IPv6 technologies.

   The challenge of crime attribution on the Internet is an important
   one and a careful balance needs to be struck between the needs of law
   enforcement, the rights of crime victims and the right to privacy of
   the vast majority of Internet users who have no involvement in any
   sort of criminality.

   The purpose of this document is to consider the crime attribution
   characteristics of various IPv6 address assignment techniques.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-daveor-ipv6-crime-attribution/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-daveor-ipv6-crime-attribution-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-daveor-ipv6-crime-attribution-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/