Subject: I-D Action: draft-keyur-idr-bgp-prefix-limit-orf-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 21:10:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Prefix Limit Based ORF for BGP-4
        Authors         : Marco Marzetti
                          Keyur Patel
                          John Scudder
                          Jakob Heitz
                          Job Snijders
	Filename        : draft-keyur-idr-bgp-prefix-limit-orf-03.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2018-04-26

Abstract:
   The BGP specification allows for "the ability to impose an (locally
   configured) upper bound on the number of address prefixes the speaker
   is willing to accept from a neighbor".  In this specification, we
   define a new Outbound Route Filter type for BGP, termed "Prefix Limit
   Outbound Route Filter", which the speaker can use to communicate that
   upper bound to its peer.  The peer is then required to abide by the
   limit.  This is expected to have benefits in terms of resource
   consumption and more importantly, transparency of operation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-keyur-idr-bgp-prefix-limit-orf/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-keyur-idr-bgp-prefix-limit-orf-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-keyur-idr-bgp-prefix-limit-orf-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-keyur-idr-bgp-prefix-limit-orf-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/