Subject: I-D Action: draft-worley-alert-info-fsm-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 19:27:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Simpler Method for Resolving Alert-Info URNs
        Author          : Dale R. Worley
	Filename        : draft-worley-alert-info-fsm-10.txt
	Pages           : 45
	Date            : 2018-04-20

Abstract:
   The "alert" namespace of uniform resource names (URNs) can be used in
   the Alert-Info header field of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
   requests and responses to inform a VoIP telephone (user agent) of the
   characteristics of the call that the user agent has originated or
   terminated.  The user agent must resolve the URNs into a signal, that
   is, it must select the best available signal to present to its user
   to indicate the characteristics of the call.

   RFC 7462 describes a non-normative algorithm for signal selection.
   This document describes a more efficient alternative algorithm: A
   user agent's designer can, based on the user agent's signals and
   their meanings, construct a finite state machine (FSM) to process the
   URNs to select a signal in a way that obeys the restrictions given in
   the definition of the "alert" URN namespace.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-worley-alert-info-fsm/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-worley-alert-info-fsm-10
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-worley-alert-info-fsm-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-worley-alert-info-fsm-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/