Subject: I-D Action: draft-trammell-quic-spin-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 05:20:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Adding Explicit Passive Measurability of Two-Way Latency to the QUIC Transport Protocol
        Authors         : Brian Trammell
                          Piet De Vaere
                          Roni Even
                          Giuseppe Fioccola
                          Thomas Fossati
                          Marcus Ihlar
                          Al Morton
                          Emile Stephan
	Filename        : draft-trammell-quic-spin-02.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2018-04-10

Abstract:
   This document describes the addition of a "spin bit", intended for
   explicit measurability of end-to-end RTT, to the QUIC transport
   protocol.  It proposes a detailed mechanism for the spin bit, as well
   as an additional mechanism, called the valid edge counter, to
   increase the fidelity of the latency signal in less than ideal
   network conditions.  It describes how to use the latency spin signal
   to measure end-to-end latency, discusses corner cases and their
   workarounds in the measurement, describes experimental evaluation of
   the mechanism done to date, and examines the utility and privacy
   implications of the spin bit.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-trammell-quic-spin/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-trammell-quic-spin-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-trammell-quic-spin-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-trammell-quic-spin-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/