Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-quic-spin-exp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 02:44:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the QUIC WG of the IETF.

        Title           : The QUIC Latency Spin Bit
        Authors         : Brian Trammell
                          Mirja Kuehlewind
	Filename        : draft-ietf-quic-spin-exp-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2018-04-26

Abstract:
   This document specifies the addition of a latency spin bit to the
   QUIC transport protocol and describes how to use it to measure end-
   to-end latency.

Note to Readers

   This document specifies an experimental delta to the QUIC transport
   protocol.  Specifically, this experimentation is intended to
   determine:

   o  the impact of the addition of the latency spin bit on
      implementation and specification complexity; and

   o  the accuracy and value of the information derived from spin bit
      measurement on live network traffic.

   The information generated by this experiment will be used by the QUIC
   working group as input to a decision about the standardization of the
   latency spin bit.  Although this is a Working Group document, it is
   currently NOT a Working Group deliverable.

   Discussion of this draft takes place on the QUIC working group
   mailing list ([email-masked]), which is archived at
   https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/search/?email_list=quic [1].

   Working Group information can be found at https://github.com/quicwg
   [2]; source code and issues list for this draft can be found at
   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/labels/-spin [3].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-quic-spin-exp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-quic-spin-exp-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-quic-spin-exp-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/