Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-rtc-no-rt-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 07:11:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Route Target Constrained Distribution of Routes with no Route Targets
        Authors         : Eric C. Rosen
                          Keyur Patel
                          Jeffrey Haas
                          Robert Raszuk
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-rtc-no-rt-09.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2018-04-23

Abstract:
   There are a variety of BGP-enabled services in which the originator
   of a BGP route may attach one or more "Route Targets" to the route.
   By means of a procedure known as "RT Constrained Distribution" (RTC),
   a given BGP speaker (call it "B") can announce the set of RTs in
   which it has interest.  The implication is that if a particular route
   (call it "R") carries any RTs at all, BGP speaker B wants to receive
   route R if and only if B has announced interest in one of the RTs
   carried by R.  However, if route R does not carry any RTs at all,
   prior specifications do not make it clear whether B's use of RTC
   implies that it does not want to receive route R.  This has caused
   interoperability problems in the field, as some implementations of
   RTC do not allow B to receive R, but some services presuppose that B
   will receive R.  This document updates RFC 4684 by clarifying the
   effect of the RTC mechanism on routes that do not have any RTs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-rtc-no-rt/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-rtc-no-rt-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-rtc-no-rt-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-rtc-no-rt-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/