Subject: I-D Action: draft-daveor-cgn-logging-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2018 05:04:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Approaches to Address the Availability of Information in Criminal Investigations Involving Large-Scale IP Address Sharing Technologies
        Author          : David O'Reilly
	Filename        : draft-daveor-cgn-logging-03.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2018-04-04

Abstract:
   The use of large-scale IP address sharing technologies (commonly
   known as "Carrier-Grade NAT" and "A+P") presents a challenge for law
   enforcement agencies due to the fact that incoming source port
   information is not routinely logged by Internet-facing servers.  The
   absence of this information means that it is becoming increasingly
   difficult for law enforcement agencies to identify suspects in
   criminal activity online.  This document considers the reasons why
   source port information is not routinely logged by Internet-facing
   servers and makes recommendations to help improve the situation.  A
   deployment maturity model has been developed and a study of the
   support for logging incoming source port information in common server
   software is also presented.

   This document updates [RFC6302] and [RFC6269].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-daveor-cgn-logging/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-daveor-cgn-logging-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-daveor-cgn-logging-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-daveor-cgn-logging-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/