Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-yeti-testbed-experience-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 22:43:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Yeti DNS Testbed
        Authors         : Linjian Song
                          Dong Liu
                          Paul Vixie
                          Akira Kato
                          Shane Kerr
	Filename        : draft-song-yeti-testbed-experience-07.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2018-04-19

Abstract:
   The Internet's Domain Name System is designed and built on a single
   root, known as the Root Server System.

   Yeti DNS is an experimental, non-production root server testbed that
   provides an environment where technical and operational experiments
   can safely be performed without risk to production root server
   infrastructure.This testbed has been used by a broad community of
   participants to perform experiments that aim to inform operations and
   future development of the production DNS.  Yeti DNS is an
   independently-coordinated project and is not affiliated with ICANN,
   IANA or any Root Server Operator.

   The Yeti DNS testbed implementation includes various novel and
   experimental components including IPv6-only transport, independent,
   autonomous Zone Signing Key management, large cryptographic keys and
   a large number of Yeti-Root Servers names.  These differences from
   the Root Server System have operational consequences such as large
   responses to priming queries and the coordination of a large pool of
   independent operators; by deploying such a system globally but
   outside the production DNS system, the Yeti DNS project provides an
   opportunity to gain insight into those consequences without
   threatening the stability of the DNS.

   This document neither addresses the relevant policies under which the
   Root Server System is operated nor makes any proposal for changing
   any aspect of its implementation or operation.  This document aims
   solely to document the technical and operational experience of
   deploying a system which is similar to but different from the Root
   Server System.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-yeti-testbed-experience/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-yeti-testbed-experience-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-yeti-testbed-experience-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-song-yeti-testbed-experience-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/