Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-uta-smtp-tlsrpt-22.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 08:52:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Using TLS in Applications WG of the IETF.

        Title           : SMTP TLS Reporting
        Authors         : Daniel Margolis
                          Alexander Brotman
                          Binu Ramakrishnan
                          Janet Jones
                          Mark Risher
	Filename        : draft-ietf-uta-smtp-tlsrpt-22.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2018-05-23

Abstract:
   A number of protocols exist for establishing encrypted channels
   between SMTP Mail Transfer Agents, including STARTTLS, DANE TLSA, and
   MTA-STS.  These protocols can fail due to misconfiguration or active
   attack, leading to undelivered messages or delivery over unencrypted
   or unauthenticated channels.  This document describes a reporting
   mechanism and format by which sending systems can share statistics
   and specific information about potential failures with recipient
   domains.  Recipient domains can then use this information to both
   detect potential attacks and diagnose unintentional
   misconfigurations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-uta-smtp-tlsrpt/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-uta-smtp-tlsrpt-22
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-uta-smtp-tlsrpt-22

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-uta-smtp-tlsrpt-22

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/