Subject: I-D Action: draft-daveor-slaac-privacy-logging-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 14:18:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Model for Storing IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration Crime Attribution Records in a Privacy Sensitive Way
        Author          : David O'Reilly
	Filename        : draft-daveor-slaac-privacy-logging-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2018-05-28

Abstract:
   The need for individual right to privacy and the need for law
   enforcement to be able to effectively investigate crime are sometimes
   portrayed as being irreconcilably in direct conflict with each other.
   Both needs are legitimate and ignoring the challenges presented by
   areas of conflict will not make the problem go away.

   The document presents a conceptual model that allows for both sets of
   requirements to be met simultaneously.  The reason for this
   publication is to show that, with some creative thinking, it is
   possible to identify win-win solutions that simultaneously achieve
   both privacy and law enforcement goals.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-daveor-slaac-privacy-logging/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-daveor-slaac-privacy-logging-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-daveor-slaac-privacy-logging-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/