Subject: I-D Action: draft-jjmb-httpbis-trusted-traffic-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 11:14:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Trusted Traffic
        Authors         : John Jason Brzozowski
                          Kris Beevers
                          James Cariello
                          John Colton
                          Lutz Jacob
                          John Leddy
                          Josh Shaul
                          Lou Steinberg
	Filename        : draft-jjmb-httpbis-trusted-traffic-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2018-05-22

Abstract:
   Current methods for managing traffic through content inspection tend
   to process all sessions similarly.  Internet traffic examples like
   DDoS mitigation require all data to pass through one of a limited
   number of scrubbing centers, which create both natural choke points
   and the potential for widespread collateral damage should a center
   become overloaded.  Similar issues exist with email SPAM and malware
   filtering, traffic shaping, etc.  We propose a method to utilize
   existing HTTP and HTTPS protocols that enables destinations to
   temporarily confer trust on sources, and for trusted traffic to be
   routed and processed differently from untrusted traffic.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jjmb-httpbis-trusted-traffic/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jjmb-httpbis-trusted-traffic-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-jjmb-httpbis-trusted-traffic-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/