Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 10:22:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Minimal Security Framework for 6TiSCH
        Authors         : Malisa Vucinic
                          Jonathan Simon
                          Kris Pister
                          Michael Richardson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security-06.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2018-05-25

Abstract:
   This document describes the minimal framework required for a new
   device, called "pledge", to securely join a 6TiSCH (IPv6 over the
   TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e) network.  The framework requires that
   the pledge and the JRC (join registrar/coordinator, a central
   entity), share a symmetric key.  How this key is provisioned is out
   of scope of this document.  Through a single CoAP (Constrained
   Application Protocol) request-response exchange secured by OSCORE
   (Object Security for Constrained RESTful Environments), the pledge
   requests admission into the network and the JRC configures it with
   link-layer keying material and other parameters.  The JRC may at any
   time update the parameters through another request-response exchange
   secured by OSCORE.  This specification defines the Constrained Join
   Protocol and its CBOR (Concise Binary Object Representation) data
   structures, a new Stateless-Proxy CoAP option, and configures the
   rest of the 6TiSCH communication stack for this join process to occur
   in a secure manner.  Additional security mechanisms may be added on
   top of this minimal framework.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/