Subject: I-D Action: draft-feeney-t2trg-inter-network-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 May 2018 14:48:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Inter-network Coexistence in the Internet of Things
        Authors         : Laura Marie Feeney
                          Viktoria Fodor
	Filename        : draft-feeney-t2trg-inter-network-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2018-05-02

Abstract:
   The breadth of IoT applications implies that there will be many
   diverse, administratively independent networks operating in the same
   physical location.  In many cases, these networks will use unlicensed
   spectrum, due to its low cost and ease of deployment.  However, this
   spectrum is becoming increasingly crowded.  IoT networks will
   therefore be subject to wireless interference, both from similar
   networks and from networks that use the wireless channel in very
   different ways.

   High-density, heterogeneous wireless environments present formidable
   challenges for network coexistence.  The PHY and MAC layers are
   primarily responsible for defining how radios use the channel.  But
   higher layer protocols are also a party to adverse interactions
   between networks.  To date, there have been few performance studies
   that fully reflect this aspect of the future IoT operating
   environment, particularly with respect to protocol behavior and
   network-scale interactions.

   This document describes key challenges for coexistence and highlights
   some recent research results showing the impact of protocol level
   interactions on network performance.  It identifies two opportunities
   for the IRTF T2TRG community.  The first is to define best practices
   for performance evaluation and protocol design in the context of
   network coexistence.  The second is to investigate the use of higher
   layer protocols to actively participate in managing network
   coexistence.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-feeney-t2trg-inter-network/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-feeney-t2trg-inter-network-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-feeney-t2trg-inter-network-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-feeney-t2trg-inter-network-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/