Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-yeti-testbed-experience-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 05:15:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Yeti DNS Testbed
        Authors         : Linjian Song
                          Dong Liu
                          Paul Vixie
                          Akira Kato
                          Shane Kerr
	Filename        : draft-song-yeti-testbed-experience-08.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2018-05-22

Abstract:
   The Internet's Domain Name System is designed and built on a single
   root, known as the Root Server System.

   Yeti DNS is an experimental, non-production root server testbed that
   provides an environment where technical and operational experiments
   can safely be performed without risk to production root server
   infrastructure.  Yeti DNS is an independently-coordinated project and
   is not affiliated with ICANN, IANA or any Root Server Operator.

   The Yeti DNS testbed implementation includes various novel and
   experimental components.  These differences from the Root Server
   System have operational consequences; by deploying such a system
   globally but outside the production DNS system, the Yeti DNS project
   provides an opportunity to gain insight into those consequences
   without threatening the stability of the DNS.

   This document neither addresses the relevant policies under which the
   Root Server System is operated nor makes any proposal for changing
   any aspect of its implementation or operation.  This document aims
   solely to document the technical and operational experience of
   deploying a system which is similar to but different from the Root
   Server System.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-yeti-testbed-experience/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-yeti-testbed-experience-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-yeti-testbed-experience-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-song-yeti-testbed-experience-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/