Subject: I-D Action: draft-finzi-priority-switching-scheduler-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 07:31:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Priority Switching Scheduler
        Authors         : Fred Baker
                          Anais Finzi
                          Fabrice Frances
                          Emmanuel Lochin
                          Ahlem Mifdaoui
	Filename        : draft-finzi-priority-switching-scheduler-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2018-05-30

Abstract:
   We detail the implementation of a network scheduler that aims at
   isolating time constrained and elastic traffic flows from best-effort
   traffic.  This scheduler inherits from the priority scheduler (PS)
   but dynamically changes the priority of one or several queues.  Usual
   implementations of rate scheduler schemes (such as WRR, DRR, ...) do
   not allow to efficiently guarantee the capacity dedicated to both AF
   and BE classes as they mostly provide soft bounds.  This means
   excessive margin is used to ensure the capacity requested and this
   impacts the number of additional users that could be accepted in the
   network.  To cope with this issue, this memo presents a credit based
   scheduler mechanism called Priority Switching Scheduler (PSS) that
   allows a more predictable output rate per traffic class.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-finzi-priority-switching-scheduler/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-finzi-priority-switching-scheduler-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-finzi-priority-switching-scheduler-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-finzi-priority-switching-scheduler-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/