Subject: I-D Action: draft-iab-protocol-maintenance-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 May 2018 13:52:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board IETF of the IETF.

        Title           : The Harmful Consequences of the Robustness Principle
        Author          : Martin Thomson
	Filename        : draft-iab-protocol-maintenance-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2018-05-02

Abstract:
   Jon Postel's famous statement of "Be liberal in what you accept, and
   conservative in what you send" is a principle that has long guided
   the design and implementation of Internet protocols.  The posture
   this statement advocates promotes interoperability, but can produce
   negative effects in the protocol ecosystem in the long term.  Those
   effects can be avoided by maintaining protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-protocol-maintenance/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-protocol-maintenance-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-iab-protocol-maintenance-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/