Subject: I-D Action: draft-wu-netmod-yang-xml-doc-conventions-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 19:57:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Documentation Conventions for Expressing XML and JSON encoded YANG Data Node Instance
        Authors         : Qin Wu
                          Adrian Farrel
                          Benoît Claise
	Filename        : draft-wu-netmod-yang-xml-doc-conventions-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2018-05-30

Abstract:
   Many documents that define YANG modules also include YANG data node
   Instance examples presented in XML/JSON.

   IETF documentation has specific limits on line length and some YANG
   data node Instance examples such as XML examples have to include line
   wraps that would not normally be allowed according to the XML
   representation rules of RFC7950 and RFC7952.The same applies to JSON.

   This document lays out documentation conventions that allow YANG
   examples to be presented in IETF documentation when XML/JSON encoded
   YANG data instance would otherwise exceed the maximum line length and
   provide consistent XML/JSON encoded YANG data node instance example
   within an Internet-Draft or RFC.  There are no implications in this
   document for YANG parsers: this document does not change the rules
   for presenting YANG models or for encoding YANG in data files or in
   the wire.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wu-netmod-yang-xml-doc-conventions/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wu-netmod-yang-xml-doc-conventions-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wu-netmod-yang-xml-doc-conventions-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wu-netmod-yang-xml-doc-conventions-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/