Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 07:12:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Low Power Wide-Area Networks WG of the IETF.

        Title           : LPWAN Static Context Header Compression (SCHC) and fragmentation for IPv6 and UDP
        Authors         : Ana Minaburo
                          Laurent Toutain
                          Carles Gomez
                          Dominique Barthel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc-16.txt
	Pages           : 69
	Date            : 2018-06-29

Abstract:
   This document defines the Static Context Header Compression (SCHC)
   framework, which provides both header compression and fragmentation
   functionalities.  SCHC has been tailored for Low Power Wide Area
   Networks (LPWAN).

   SCHC compression is based on a common static context stored in both
   the LPWAN devices and the network side.  This document defines a
   header compression mechanism and its application to compress IPv6/UDP
   headers.

   This document also specifies a fragmentation and reassembly mechanism
   that is used to support the IPv6 MTU requirement over the LPWAN
   technologies.  Fragmentation is needed for IPv6 datagrams that, after
   SCHC compression or when such compression was not possible, still
   exceed the layer two maximum payload size.

   The SCHC header compression and fragmentation mechanisms are
   independent of the specific LPWAN technology over which they are
   used.  Note that this document defines generic functionalities and
   advisedly offers flexibility with regard to parameter settings and
   mechanism choices.  Such settings and choices are expected to be made
   in other technology-specific documents.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc-16
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc-16

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/