Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 01:44:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Softwire Provisioning using DHCPv4 Over DHCPv6
        Authors         : Ian Farrer
                          Qi Sun
                          Yong Cui
                          Linhui Sun
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt-04.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2018-06-14

Abstract:
   DHCPv4 over DHCPv6 (RFC7341) is a mechanism for dynamically
   configuring IPv4 over an IPv6-only network.  For DHCPv4 over DHCPv6
   to function with some IPv4-over-IPv6 softwire mechanisms and
   deployment scenarios, the operator needs to know the IPv6 address
   that the client will use as the source of IPv4-in-IPv6 softwire
   tunnel.  This address, in conjunction with the client's IPv4 address,
   and (in some deployments) the Port Set ID are used to create a
   binding table entry in the operator's softwire tunnel concentrator.
   This memo defines a DHCPv6 option to convey IPv6 parameters for
   establishing the softwire tunnel and a DHCPv4 option (to be used only
   with DHCP 4o6) to communicate the source tunnel IPv6 address between
   the DHCP 4o6 client and server.  It is designed to work in
   conjunction with the IPv4 address allocation process.

   This document updates "DHCPv6 Options for Configuration of Softwire
   Address and Port-Mapped Clients" (RFC7598), allowing OPTION_S46_BR
   (90) to be enumerated in the DHCPv6 client's ORO request and appear
   directly within subsequent messages sent by the DHCPv6 server.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/