Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 14:06:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Measurement WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv6, IPv4 and Coexistence Updates for IPPM's Active Metric Framework
        Authors         : Al Morton
                          Joachim Fabini
                          Nalini Elkins
                          Michael S. Ackermann
                          Vinayak Hegde
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6-06.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2018-06-30

Abstract:
   This memo updates the IP Performance Metrics (IPPM) Framework RFC
   2330 with new considerations for measurement methodology and testing.
   It updates the definition of standard-formed packets in RFC 2330 to
   include IPv6 packets, deprecates the definition of minimal IP packet,
   and augments distinguishing aspects of packets, referred to as Type-P
   for test packets in RFC 2330.  This memo identifies that IPv4-IPv6
   co-existence can challenge measurements within the scope of the IPPM
   Framework.  Example use cases include, but are not limited to
   IPv4-IPv6 translation, NAT, or protocol encapsulation.  IPv6 header
   compression and use of IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless Area Networks
   (6LoWPAN) are considered and excluded from the standard-formed packet
   evaluation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ippm-2330-ipv6-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/