Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-suit-information-model-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2018 04:10:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Software Updates for Internet of Things WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Firmware Updates for Internet of Things Devices - An Information Model for Manifests
        Authors         : Brendan Moran
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          Henk Birkholz
                          Jaime Jimenez
	Filename        : draft-ietf-suit-information-model-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2018-06-03

Abstract:
   Vulnerabilities with Internet of Things (IoT) devices have raised the
   need for a solid and secure firmware update mechanism that is also
   suitable for constrained devices.  Incorporating such update
   mechanism to fix vulnerabilities, to update configuration settings as
   well as adding new functionality is recommended by security experts.

   One component of such a firmware update is the meta-data, or
   manifest, that describes the firmware image(s) and offers appropriate
   protection.  This document describes all the information that must be
   present in the manifest.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-suit-information-model/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-suit-information-model-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-suit-information-model-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/