Subject: I-D Action: draft-bogineni-dmm-optimized-mobile-user-plane-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 02:11:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Optimized Mobile User Plane Solutions for 5G
        Authors         : Kalyani Bogineni
                          Arashmid Akhavain
                          Tom Herbert
                          Dino Farinacci
                          Alberto Rodriguez-Natal
                          Giovanna Carofiglio
                          Jordan Auge
                          Luca Muscariello
                          Pablo Camarillo
                          Shunsuke Homma
	Filename        : draft-bogineni-dmm-optimized-mobile-user-plane-01.txt
	Pages           : 65
	Date            : 2018-06-29

Abstract:
   3GPP CT4 has approved a study item to study different mobility
   management protocols for potential replacement of GTP tunnels between
   UPFs (N9 Interface) in the 3GPP 5G system architecture.

   This document provides an overview of 5G system architecture in the
   context of N9 Interface which is the scope of the 3GPP CT4 study item
   [CP-173160-1], [TS.23.501-3GPP], [TS.23.502-3GPP], [TS.23.503-3GPP],
   [TS.29.244-3GPP], [TS.29.281-3GPP], [TS.38.300-3GPP], and
   [TS.38.401-3GPP].

   Architecture requirements for evaluation of candidate protocols are
   provided.  Optimization of the user plane can be in different ways -
   packet overhead, transport integration, etc.

   Several IETF protocols are considered for comparison: SRv6, LISP, ILA
   and several combinations of control plane and user plane protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bogineni-dmm-optimized-mobile-user-plane/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bogineni-dmm-optimized-mobile-user-plane-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bogineni-dmm-optimized-mobile-user-plane-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bogineni-dmm-optimized-mobile-user-plane-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/