Subject: I-D Action: draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 02:11:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPoE Client Health Checking
        Authors         : Richard Patterson
                          Mikael Abrahamsson
	Filename        : draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2018-06-12

Abstract:
   PPP over Ethernet clients have the functionality to detect path
   unavailability by using PPP Keepalives.  IP over Ethernet does not
   have this functionality, and it's not specified when an IP over
   Ethernet client should consider its WAN connectivity down, unless
   there is a physical layer link down event.

   This document describes a way for IP over Ethernet clients to achieve
   connectivity validation, similar to that of PPP over Ethernet, by
   using BFD Echo, or ARP and Neighbor Discovery functions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/