Subject: I-D Action: draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2018 12:49:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPoE Client Health Checking
        Authors         : Richard Patterson
                          Mikael Abrahamsson
	Filename        : draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2018-06-05

Abstract:
   PPPoE clients have the functionality to detect path unavailability by
   using PPP Keepalives.  IPoE does not have this functionality, and
   it's not specified when an IPoE client should consider its WAN
   connectivity down, unless there is a physical layer link down event.

   This document describes a way for IPoE clients to achieve
   connectivity validation, similar to that of PPPoE, by using existing
   ARP and Neighbor Discovery functions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-patterson-intarea-ipoe-health-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/