Subject: I-D Action: draft-gandhi-spring-udp-pm-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2018 17:44:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : UDP Path for In-band Performance Measurement for Segment Routing Networks
        Authors         : Rakesh Gandhi
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Sagar Soni
                          Daniel Voyer
                          Stefano Salsano
                          Pier Luigi Ventre
	Filename        : draft-gandhi-spring-udp-pm-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2018-06-09

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) is applicable to both Multiprotocol Label
   Switching (SR-MPLS) and IPv6 (SRv6) data planes.  This document
   specifies a procedure for using UDP path for sending and processing
   in-band probe query and response messages for Performance Measurement
   (PM).  The procedure uses the RFC 6374 defined mechanisms for Delay
   and Loss performance measurement.  The procedure specified is
   applicable to IPv4, IPv6, SR-MPLS, and SRv6 data planes for both
   links and end-to-end measurement for SR Policies.  This document also
   defines mechanisms for handling Equal Cost Multipaths (ECMPs) for SR
   Policies.  In addition, this document defines new Return Path Segment
   List TLV for two-way performance measurement.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gandhi-spring-udp-pm/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gandhi-spring-udp-pm-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gandhi-spring-udp-pm-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gandhi-spring-udp-pm-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/