Subject: I-D Action: draft-herbert-idloc-fast-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 10:04:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Lightweight Identifier-Locator Mapping Using FAST
        Author          : Tom Herbert
	Filename        : draft-herbert-idloc-fast-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2018-06-26

Abstract:
   This proposal provides a method to implement identifier to locator
   mapping in the datapath without the need to access an in-network
   mapping database or cache. Mappings are encoded in Firewall and
   Service Tickets (FAST) tickets as locator information. When a packet
   is sent by a mobile node, a ticket is attached that providers the
   locator to use in the return path. Peer nodes receive packets with
   these tickets, cache the tickets in a flow context, and then attach
   them to packets they send as reflected tickets. When a packet with a
   reflected ticket enters an identifier-locator domain, the ticket is
   parsed to extract the locator. That locator is then used to send the
   packet to the appropriate destination over a network overlay.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herbert-idloc-fast/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbert-idloc-fast-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-herbert-idloc-fast-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/