Subject: I-D Action: draft-ayers-low-power-interop-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 16:55:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Design Considerations For Low Power Internet Protocols
        Authors         : Hudson Ayers
                          Paul Crews
                          Hubert Hua Kian Teo
                          Conor McAvity
                          Amit Levy
                          Philip Levis
	Filename        : draft-ayers-low-power-interop-00.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2018-06-29

Abstract:
   This document discusses guidelines for specifying low-power Internet
   protocols in order to improve implementation interoperability. These
   guidelines are based around the importance of balancing memory usage
   and energy efficiency, and the importance of not relying on Postel's
   law when dealing with low resource devices. This document applies
   these guidelines to the IPv6 over low-power wireless personal area
   networks (6LoWPAN) Internet Standard, suggesting changes that would
   make it more likely for implementations to interoperate.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ayers-low-power-interop/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ayers-low-power-interop-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ayers-low-power-interop-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/