Subject: I-D Action: draft-wu-netmod-yang-xml-doc-conventions-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2018 18:45:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Documentation Conventions for lines wrapping and indentation in authored work
        Authors         : Qin Wu
                          Adrian Farrel
                          Benoît Claise
	Filename        : draft-wu-netmod-yang-xml-doc-conventions-05.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2018-06-16

Abstract:
   Many documents that define YANG modules or YANG fragments also
   include protocol message instance data examples.

   IETF documentation has specific limits on line length (73 characters)
   and some YANG fragment example or protocol message instance data
   examples such as XML encoded YANG data node instance examples have to
   include line wraps that would not normally be allowed according to
   the XML representation rules of RFC7950 and RFC7952.

   This document lays out documentation conventions that allow authored
   work to be presented in IETF documentation when authored work such as
   YANG fragment or protocol message instance data example would
   otherwise exceed the maximum line length and provide consistent
   representation of authored work within an Internet-Draft or RFC.
   There are no implications in this document for YANG tools: this
   document does not change the rules for presenting authored work in
   data files or in the wire.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wu-netmod-yang-xml-doc-conventions/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wu-netmod-yang-xml-doc-conventions-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wu-netmod-yang-xml-doc-conventions-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wu-netmod-yang-xml-doc-conventions-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/