Subject: I-D Action: draft-barkai-lisp-nfv-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 11:53:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : LISP Based FlowMapping for Scaling NFV
        Authors         : Sharon Barkai
                          Dino Farinacci
                          David Meyer
                          Fabio Maino
                          Vina Ermagan
                          Alberto Rodriguez-Natal
                          Albert Cabellos-Aparicio
	Filename        : draft-barkai-lisp-nfv-12.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2018-06-18

Abstract:
   This draft describes an RFC 6830 Locator ID Separation Protocol
   (LISP) based distributed flow-mapping-fabric for dynamic scaling of
   virtualized network functions (NFV).  Network functions such as
   subscriber-management, content-optimization, security and quality of
   service, are typically delivered using proprietary hardware
   appliances embedded into the network as turn-key service-nodes or
   service-blades within routers.  Next generation network functions are
   being implemented as pure software instances running on standard
   servers - unbundled virtualized components of capacity and
   functionality.  LISP-SDN based flow-mapping, dynamically assembles
   these components to whole solutions by steering the right traffic in
   the right sequence to the right virtual function instance.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-barkai-lisp-nfv/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-barkai-lisp-nfv-12
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-barkai-lisp-nfv-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-barkai-lisp-nfv-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/