Subject: I-D Action: draft-nishida-tcpm-disabling-paws-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 21:28:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Disabling PAWS When Other Protections Are Available
        Author          : Yoshifumi Nishida
	Filename        : draft-nishida-tcpm-disabling-paws-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2018-06-20

Abstract:
   PAWS provides protection against old duplicated segments caused by
   wrapped sequence or earlier incarnated connections.  One drawback of
   PAWS is that it requires to place timestamp option in all segments,
   which consumes 10-12 bytes in the option space of TCP.  In addition,
   since PAWS just checks if timestamps is older or not, the protection
   logic is not very strong against malicious attacks or cannot work
   properly in some situations.  On the other hand, some other
   technologies which can provide stronger protections than PAWS are
   becoming available these days.  In this document, we propose to
   utilize other protection mechanisms as replacements of PAWS when they
   are available.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nishida-tcpm-disabling-paws/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nishida-tcpm-disabling-paws-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-nishida-tcpm-disabling-paws-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/