Subject: I-D Action: draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 20:09:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Impact of Transport Header Confidentiality on Network Operation and Evolution of the Internet
        Authors         : Godred Fairhurst
                          Colin Perkins
	Filename        : draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-09.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2018-06-13

Abstract:
   This document describes implications of applying end-to-end
   encryption at the transport layer.  It identifies in-network uses of
   transport layer header information.  It then reviews the implications
   of developing end-to-end transport protocols that use authentication
   to protect the integrity of transport information or encryption to
   provide confidentiality of the transport protocol header and expected
   implications of transport protocol design and network operation.
   Since transport measurement and analysis of the impact of network
   characteristics have been important to the design of current
   transport protocols, it also considers the impact on transport and
   application evolution.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-transport-encrypt/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fairhurst-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/