Subject: I-D Action: draft-sheffer-acme-star-request-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 05:10:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Generating Certificate Requests for Short-Term, Automatically-Renewed (STAR) Certificates
        Authors         : Yaron Sheffer
                          Diego Lopez
                          Oscar Gonzalez de Dios
                          Antonio Agustin Pastor Perales
                          Thomas Fossati
	Filename        : draft-sheffer-acme-star-request-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2018-06-29

Abstract:
   This memo proposes a protocol that allows a domain name owner to
   delegate to a third party (such as a CDN) control over a certificate
   that bears one or more names in that domain.  Specifically the third
   party creates a Certificate Signing Request for the domain, which can
   then be used by the domain owner to request a short term and
   automatically renewed (STAR) certificate.

   This is a component in a solution where a third-party such as a CDN
   can terminate TLS sessions on behalf of a domain name owner (e.g., a
   content provider), and the domain owner can cancel this delegation at
   any time without having to rely on certificate revocation mechanisms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sheffer-acme-star-request/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sheffer-acme-star-request-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sheffer-acme-star-request-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sheffer-acme-star-request-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/