Subject: I-D Action: draft-pauly-tcp-encapsulation-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 18:18:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TCP Encapsulation Considerations
        Authors         : Tommy Pauly
                          Eric Kinnear
	Filename        : draft-pauly-tcp-encapsulation-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2018-06-25

Abstract:
   Network protocols other than TCP, such as UDP, are often blocked or
   suboptimally handled by network middleboxes.  One strategy that
   applications can use to continue to send non-TCP traffic on such
   networks is to encapsulate datagrams or messages within in a TCP
   stream.  However, encapsulating datagrams within TCP streams can lead
   to performance degradation.  This document provides guidelines for
   how to use TCP for encapsulation, a summary of performance concerns,
   and some suggested mitigations for these concerns.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pauly-tcp-encapsulation/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pauly-tcp-encapsulation-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-pauly-tcp-encapsulation-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/