Subject: I-D Action: draft-birk-pep-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 16:38:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : pretty Easy privacy (pEp): Privacy by Default
        Authors         : Volker Birk
                          Hernani Marques
                          Shelburn
	Filename        : draft-birk-pep-02.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2018-06-26

Abstract:
   Building on already available security formats and message transports
   (like PGP/MIME for email), and with the intention to stay
   interoperable to systems widespreadly deployed, pretty Easy privacy
   (pEp) describes protocols to automatize operations (key management,
   key discovery, private key handling including peer-to-peer
   synchronization of private keys and other user data across devices)
   that have been seen to be barriers to deployment of end-to-end secure
   interpersonal messaging. pEp also relies on "Trustwords" (as a word
   mapping of of fingerprints) to verify communication peers and
   proposes a trust rating system to denote secure types of
   communications and signal the privacy level available on a per-user
   and per-message level.  In this document, the general design choices
   and principles of pEp are outlined.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-birk-pep/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-birk-pep-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-birk-pep-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-birk-pep-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/