Subject: I-D Action: draft-pedro-nmrg-anticipated-adaptation-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 00:51:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Exploiting External Event Detectors to Anticipate Resource Requirements for the Elastic Adaptation of SDN/NFV Systems
        Author          : Pedro Martinez-Julia
	Filename        : draft-pedro-nmrg-anticipated-adaptation-02.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2018-06-29

Abstract:
   The adoption of SDN/NFV technologies by current computer and network
   system infrastructures is constantly increasing, becoming essential
   for the the particular case of edge/branch network systems.  The
   systems supported by these infrastructures require to be adapted to
   environment changes within a short period of time.  Thus, the
   complexity of new systems and the speed at which management and
   control operations must be performed go beyond human limits.  Thus,
   management systems must be automated.  However, in several situations
   current automation techniques are not enough to respond to
   requirement changes.  Here we propose to anticipate changes in the
   operation environments of SDN/NFV systems in response to external
   events and reflect it in the anticipation of the amount of resources
   required by those systems for their ulterior adaptaion.  The final
   objective is to avoid service degradation or disruption while keeping
   close-to-optimum resource allocation to reduce monetary and operative
   cost as much as possible.  Here we discuss how to achieve such
   capabilities by the integration of the Autonomic Resource Control
   Architecture (ARCA) to the management and operation (MANO) of NFV
   systems.  We showcase it by building a multi-domain SDN/NFV
   infrastructure based on OpenStack and deploying ARCA to adapt a
   virtual system based on the edge/branch network concept to the
   operational conditions of an emergency support service, which is
   rarely used but that cannot leave any user unattended.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pedro-nmrg-anticipated-adaptation/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pedro-nmrg-anticipated-adaptation-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-pedro-nmrg-anticipated-adaptation-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-pedro-nmrg-anticipated-adaptation-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/