Subject: I-D Action: draft-freytag-troublesome-characters-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 16:13:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Those Troublesome Characters: A Registry of Unicode Code Points Needing Special Consideration When Used in Network Identifiers
        Authors         : Asmus Freytag
                          John C Klensin
                          Andrew Sullivan
	Filename        : draft-freytag-troublesome-characters-02.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2018-06-30

Abstract:
   Unicode's design goal is to be the universal character set for all
   applications.  The goal entails the inclusion of very large numbers
   of characters.  It is also focused on written language in general;
   special provisions have always been needed for identifiers.  The
   sheer size of the repertoire increases the possibility of accidental
   or intentional use of characters that can cause confusion among
   users, particularly where linguistic context is ambiguous,
   unavailable, or impossible to determine.  A registry of code points
   that can be sometimes especially problematic may be useful to guide
   system administrators in setting parameters for allowable code points
   or combinations in an identifier system, and to aid applications in
   creating security aids for users.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-freytag-troublesome-characters/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-freytag-troublesome-characters-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-freytag-troublesome-characters-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-freytag-troublesome-characters-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/