Subject: I-D Action: draft-bonica-6man-unrecognized-opt-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 09:34:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The IPv6 Unrecognized Option
        Authors         : Ron Bonica
                          John Leddy
	Filename        : draft-bonica-6man-unrecognized-opt-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2018-06-08

Abstract:
   This document describes a method by which a source node can determine
   whether the underlying network can a) convey a packet that contains
   IPv6 destination options from itself to a destination node, and b)
   convey an ICMPv6 Parameter Problem message in the reverse direction.

   In order to support this method, this document defines a new IPv6
   option, called the Unrecognized option.  The Unrecognized option is
   not recognized by any destination node and always elicits an ICMPv6
   Parameter Problem message.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bonica-6man-unrecognized-opt/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bonica-6man-unrecognized-opt-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bonica-6man-unrecognized-opt-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bonica-6man-unrecognized-opt-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/