Subject: I-D Action: draft-filyurin-rift-access-networks-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 20:38:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : RIFT -- Motivation, Additional Requirements and Use Cases in User Access Networks
        Author          : Yan Filyurin
	Filename        : draft-filyurin-rift-access-networks-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2018-06-13

Abstract:
   RIFT is a new specialized dynamic routing protocol originally
   designed for Clos and Fat Tree Data Center networks.  It is designed
   to work on multilevel network topologies in which nodes in certain
   level will only connect to nodes in one upper or lower level with
   optional and non-contiguous intra-level connectivity.

   While the protocol was originally designed to meet the needs of
   Massively Scalable Data Centers, its ability to automatically prune
   the information distribution from higher levels to lower levels, as
   well as provide optimal routing for intra and inter-level traffic
   makes it a good match for user access networks, or any network that
   combines end user access and various compute enabling various network
   service for these end users.  Current directions in distributed
   computing seek to blur even that distinction.  Large distributed
   networks can be created, where virtual compute units can be in all
   tiers, combining and crossing many requirements for DC or User Access
   design.  This draft seeks to analyze these requirements.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-filyurin-rift-access-networks/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-filyurin-rift-access-networks-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-filyurin-rift-access-networks-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/