Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bier-ospf-bier-extensions-18.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2018 00:42:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Bit Indexed Explicit Replication WG of the IETF.

        Title           : OSPFv2 Extensions for BIER
        Authors         : Peter Psenak
                          Nagendra Kumar
                          IJsbrand Wijnands
                          Andrew Dolganow
                          Tony Przygienda
                          Jeffrey Zhang
                          Sam Aldrin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bier-ospf-bier-extensions-18.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2018-06-01

Abstract:
   Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER) is an architecture that
   provides multicast forwarding through a "BIER domain" without
   requiring intermediate routers to maintain multicast related per-flow
   state.  Neither does BIER require an explicit tree-building protocol
   for its operation.  A multicast data packet enters a BIER domain at a
   "Bit-Forwarding Ingress Router" (BFIR), and leaves the BIER domain at
   one or more "Bit-Forwarding Egress Routers" (BFERs).  The BFIR router
   adds a BIER header to the packet.  Such header contains a bit-string
   in which each bit represents exactly one BFER to forward the packet
   to.  The set of BFERs to which the multicast packet needs to be
   forwarded is expressed by the according set of bits set in BIER
   packet header.

   This document describes the OSPF [RFC2328] protocol extension
   required for BIER with MPLS encapsulation [RFC8296].  Support for
   other encapsulation types is outside thescope of this document.  The
   use of multiple encapsulation types is outside the scope of this
   document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-ospf-bier-extensions/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bier-ospf-bier-extensions-18
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bier-ospf-bier-extensions-18

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bier-ospf-bier-extensions-18

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/