Subject: I-D Action: draft-pwid-uri-specification-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2018 10:30:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Scheme Specification for the pwid URI
        Author          : Eld Maj-Britt Olmuetz Zierau
	Filename        : draft-pwid-uri-specification-04.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2018-06-09

Abstract:
   This document specifies a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) for
   Persistent Web IDentifiers to web material in web archives using the
   'pwid' scheme name.  The purpose of the standard is to support
   general, global, sustainable, humanly readable, technology agnostic,
   persistent and precise web references for web materials in web
   archives in a way that can make them potentially resolvable.

   The PWID URI can assist in two ways: First, by providing potential
   resolvable precise and persistent reference scheme for web archive
   materials, which is not sufficiently covered by existing web
   reference practices and new suggested referencing methods.  Second,
   to specify web elements in web collections (also known as web corpus)
   even for collections where there are references to web elements in
   several archives.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pwid-uri-specification/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pwid-uri-specification-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-pwid-uri-specification-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-pwid-uri-specification-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/