Subject: I-D Action: draft-iqbal-spring-mpls-ping-algo-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2018 12:07:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Supporting Flexible Algorithm Prefix SIDs in LSP Ping/Traceroute
        Authors         : Faisal Iqbal
                          Nagendra Kumar
                          Zafar Ali
                          Carlos Pignataro
	Filename        : draft-iqbal-spring-mpls-ping-algo-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2018-06-28

Abstract:
   RFC8287 defines the extensions to MPLS LSP Ping and Traceroute for
   Segment Routing IGP-Prefix and IGP-Adjacency Segment Identifier
   (SIDs) with an MPLS data plane.  [I-D.ietf-lsr-flex-algo] proposes a
   mechanism to allow IGPs to compute constraint based path over network
   and use Segment Routing Prefix-SIDs to steer packets along the
   constraint-based paths.  All Prefix-SIDs associated with the Flexible
   Algorithm are assigned to the same IPv4/IPv6 Prefix.  Any Segment
   Routing network that uses Flexible Algorithm based path computation
   needs additional details to be carried in the FEC Stack sub-TLV for
   FEC validaiton.

   This document updates [RFC8287] by modifying IPv4 and IPv6 IGP-Prefix
   Segment ID FEC sub-TLVs to also include algorithm identification.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iqbal-spring-mpls-ping-algo/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iqbal-spring-mpls-ping-algo-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-iqbal-spring-mpls-ping-algo-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/