Subject: I-D Action: draft-marques-pep-email-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 17:00:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : pretty Easy privacy (pEp): Email Formats and Protocols
        Author          : Hernani Marques
	Filename        : draft-marques-pep-email-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2018-07-02

Abstract:
   The pretty Easy privacy (pEp) propositions for email are based upon
   already existing email and encryption formats (i.e., PGP/MIME) and
   designed to allow for easy implementable and interoperable
   opportunistic encryption: this ranging from key distribution to
   mechanisms of subject encryption.

   The goal of pEp for email is to automatize operations in order to
   make email encryption usuable by a wider range of Internet users,
   such that practices for confidentiality and privacy can be achieved
   in reality.

   In this document, basic operations of pEp's approach towards email
   and two PGP/MIME formats (pEp Email Format 1 and 2) providing certain
   security guarantees are described.

   The proposed operations and and formats are targeted to Opportunistic
   Security scenarios and are already implemented in several
   applications of pretty Easy privacy (pEp).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-marques-pep-email/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-marques-pep-email-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-marques-pep-email-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/