Subject: I-D Action: draft-stenn-ntp-tcp-services-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 01:34:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Network Time Protocol: TCP Services
        Authors         : Harlan Stenn
                          David L. Mills
                          Philip Prindeville
	Filename        : draft-stenn-ntp-tcp-services-00.txt
	Pages           : 4
	Date            : 2018-07-02

Abstract:
   NTP was assigned port number 123 in 1985, in RFC 960.  Traditionally,
   it has only used the UDP port as while UDP is useful for time
   synchronization, TCP is not suitable for time synchronization.  UDP
   packet have length limits, and there are rate limits imposed by the
   protocol specification.  Between the UDP packet length and rate
   limits, some other mechanism must be provided for efficient exchange
   of larger data packets.  A TCP connection can be used for these uses.
   Additionally, we can perform better authentication and authorization
   checks using a TCP connection.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-stenn-ntp-tcp-services/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-stenn-ntp-tcp-services-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-stenn-ntp-tcp-services-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/