Subject: I-D Action: draft-dansarie-nts-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 10:32:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Network Time Security for the Network Time Protocol
        Authors         : Daniel Fox Franke
                          Dieter Sibold
                          Kristof Teichel
                          Marcus Dansarie
                          Ragnar Sundblad
	Filename        : draft-dansarie-nts-00.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2018-07-02

Abstract:
   This memo specifies Network Time Security (NTS), a mechanism for
   using Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Authenticated Encryption
   with Associated Data (AEAD) to provide cryptographic security for the
   client-server mode of the Network Time Protocol (NTP).

   NTS is structured as a suite of two loosely coupled sub-protocols:
   the NTS Key Establishment Protocol (NTS-KE) and the NTS Extension
   Fields for NTPv4.  NTS-KE handles NTS service authentication, initial
   handshaking, and key extraction over TLS.  Encryption and
   authentication during NTP time synchronization is performed through
   the NTS Extension Fields in otherwise standard NTP packets.  Except
   for during the initial NTS-KE process, all state required by the
   protocol is held by the client in opaque cookies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dansarie-nts/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dansarie-nts-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dansarie-nts-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/