Subject: I-D Action: draft-cheng-spring-mpls-path-segment-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 15:07:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Path Segment in MPLS Based Segment Routing Network
        Authors         : Weiqiang Cheng
                          Lei Wang
                          Han Li
                          Mach(Guoyi) Chen
                          Royi Zigler
                          Shuangping Zhan
                          Rakesh Gandhi
	Filename        : draft-cheng-spring-mpls-path-segment-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2018-07-02

Abstract:
   An SR path is identified by an SR segment list, one or partial
   segments of the list cannot uniquely identify the SR path.  Path
   identification is the precondition of performance measurement (PM) of
   an SR path.

   This document introduces the concept of Path Segment that is used to
   identify an SR path.  When used, it is inserted at the ingress node
   of the SR path and immediately follows the last segment of the SR
   path.  The Path Segment will not be popped off until it reaches the
   egress of the SR path.

   Path segment can be used by the egress node to implement path
   identification hence to support SR path PM, end-2-end SR path
   protection and bidirectional SR paths correlation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cheng-spring-mpls-path-segment/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cheng-spring-mpls-path-segment-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-cheng-spring-mpls-path-segment-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-cheng-spring-mpls-path-segment-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/