Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 09:24:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IP Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments (IPWAVE): Problem Statement and Use Cases
        Author          : Jaehoon Paul Jeong
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-03.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2018-07-02

Abstract:
   This document discusses problem statement and use cases on IP-based
   vehicular networks, which are considered a key component of
   Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS).  The main topics of
   vehicular networking are vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V), vehicle-to-
   infrastructure (V2I), and vehicle-to-everything (V2X) networking.
   First, this document surveys use cases using V2V, V2I, and V2X
   networking.  Second, this document analyzes current protocols for
   vehicular networking and general problems on those current protocols.
   Third, this document does problem exploration for key aspects in IP-
   based vehicular networking, such as IPv6 over IEEE 802.11-OCB, IPv6
   Neighbor Discovery, Mobility Management, Vehicle Identities
   Management, Multihop V2X Communications, Multicast, DNS Naming
   Services, Service Discovery, IPv6 over Cellular Networks, Security
   and Privacy.  For each key aspect, this document discusses problem
   statement to analyze the gap between the state-of-the-art techniques
   and requirements in IP-based vehicular networking.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/