Subject: I-D Action: draft-gu-network-monitoring-protocol-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 13:27:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Network Monitoring Protocol (NMP)
        Authors         : Yunan Gu
                          Shunwan Zhuang
                          Zhenbin Li
	Filename        : draft-gu-network-monitoring-protocol-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2018-07-16

Abstract:
   To evolve towards automated network OAM (Operations, administration
   and management), the monitoring of control plane protocols is a
   fundamental necessity.  In this document, a network monitoring
   protocol (NMP) is proposed to provision the running status
   information of control plane protocols, e.g., IGP (Interior Gateway
   Protocol) and other protocols.  By collecting the protocol monitoring
   data and reporting it to the NMP monitoring server in real-time, NMP
   can facilitate network troubleshooting.  In this document, NMP for
   IGP troubleshooting are illustrated to showcase the necessity of NMP.
   IS-IS is used as the demonstration protocol, and the case of OSPF
   (Open Shortest Path First) and other control protocols will be
   elaborated in the future versions.  The operations of NMP are
   described, and the NMP message types and message formats are defined
   in the document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gu-network-monitoring-protocol/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gu-network-monitoring-protocol-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gu-network-monitoring-protocol-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/