Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-aqm-dualq-coupled-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 15:58:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DualQ Coupled AQMs for Low Latency, Low Loss and Scalable Throughput (L4S)
        Authors         : Koen De Schepper
                          Bob Briscoe
                          Olga Bondarenko
                          Ing-jyh Tsang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-aqm-dualq-coupled-05.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2018-07-02

Abstract:
   Data Centre TCP (DCTCP) was designed to provide predictably low
   queuing latency, near-zero loss, and throughput scalability using
   explicit congestion notification (ECN) and an extremely simple
   marking behaviour on switches.  However, DCTCP does not co-exist with
   existing TCP traffic---DCTCP is so aggressive that existing TCP
   algorithms approach starvation.  So, until now, DCTCP could only be
   deployed where a clean-slate environment could be arranged, such as
   in private data centres.  This specification defines `DualQ Coupled
   Active Queue Management (AQM)' to allow scalable congestion controls
   like DCTCP to safely co-exist with classic Internet traffic.  The
   Coupled AQM ensures that a flow runs at about the same rate whether
   it uses DCTCP or TCP Reno/Cubic, but without inspecting transport
   layer flow identifiers.  When tested in a residential broadband
   setting, DCTCP achieved sub-millisecond average queuing delay and
   zero congestion loss under a wide range of mixes of DCTCP and
   `Classic' broadband Internet traffic, without compromising the
   performance of the Classic traffic.  The solution also reduces
   network complexity and eliminates network configuration.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-aqm-dualq-coupled/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-aqm-dualq-coupled-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-aqm-dualq-coupled-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-aqm-dualq-coupled-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/