Subject: I-D Action: draft-touch-tcpm-sno-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 19:00:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The TCP Service Number Option (SNO)
        Author          : Joe Touch
	Filename        : draft-touch-tcpm-sno-09.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2018-07-19

Abstract:
   This document specifies a TCP option for service numbers. The
   current SYN destination port is used both to indicate the desired
   service and as a connection demultiplexing field. This option
   separates those two functions, retaining the current destination
   port solely for demultiplexing and indicating the service separately
   in a service number option (SNO). By decoupling these two functions,
   SNO allows a larger number of concurrent connections for a single
   service, as might be useful between fixed addresses of proxies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-touch-tcpm-sno/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-touch-tcpm-sno-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-touch-tcpm-sno-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-touch-tcpm-sno-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/