Subject: I-D Action: draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 03:01:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Segment Routing for Enhanced VPN Service
        Authors         : Jie Dong
                          Stewart Bryant
                          Zhenqiang Li
                          Takuya Miyasaka
	Filename        : draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2018-07-02

Abstract:
   Enhanced VPN (VPN+) is an enhancement to VPN technology to enable it
   to support the needs of new applications, particularly applications
   that are associated with 5G services.  These applications require
   better isolation and have more stringent performance requirements
   than can be provided with overlay VPNs.  The characteristics of an
   enhanced VPN as perceived by its tenant needs to be comparable to
   those of a dedicated private network.  This requires tight
   integration between the overlay VPN and the underlay network
   resources in a scalable manner.  An enhanced VPN may form the
   underpin of 5G network slicing, but will also be of use in its own
   right.  This document describes the use of segment routing based
   mechanisms to provide the enhanced VPN service with dedicated network
   resources.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/