Subject: I-D Action: draft-eckert-anima-grasp-dnssd-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2018 16:46:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DNS-SD compatible service discovery in GRASP
        Author          : Toerless Eckert
	Filename        : draft-eckert-anima-grasp-dnssd-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2018-07-01

Abstract:
   DNS Service Discovery (DNS-SD) defines the common framework for
   applications to announce and discover services.  This includes
   service names, service instance names, common parameters for
   selecting a service instance (weight, priority) as well as service
   specific parameters.

   GRASP is intended to also be used for service discovery.  Reinventing
   service discovery for GRASP with a similar set of fetures would
   result in duplication of work.  Therefore, this document defines how
   to use GRASP to announce and discover services in a way that inherits
   DNS-SD features and also tries to be compatible in spirit as much as
   possibel while still maintaining the intended simplicity of GRASP.

   The goal of this document is to permit defining service and their
   parameters once and then use that in GRASP, mDNS and (unicast) DNS.
   Future work can also define DNS-SD <-> GRASP gateway functions.

   In support of service discovery, this document also defines name
   discovery and schemes for reuseable elements in GRASP objectives
   which are designed to be extensible so that future work that
   identifies elements required across multiple objectives do not need
   to define a scheme how to do this.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eckert-anima-grasp-dnssd/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-eckert-anima-grasp-dnssd-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-eckert-anima-grasp-dnssd-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-eckert-anima-grasp-dnssd-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/