Subject: I-D Action: draft-clemm-nmrg-dist-intent-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 11:01:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Clarifying the Concepts of Intent and Policy
        Authors         : Alexander Clemm
                          Laurent Ciavaglia
                          Lisandro Zambenedetti Granville
	Filename        : draft-clemm-nmrg-dist-intent-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2018-07-18

Abstract:
   Intent and Intent-Based Networking are taking the industry by storm.
   At the same time, those terms are used loosely and often
   inconsistently, in many cases overlapping with other concepts such as
   "policy".  This document is therefore intended to clarify the concept
   of "Intent" and how it relates to other concepts.  The goal is to
   contribute towards a common and shared understanding of terms and
   concepts which can then be used as foundation to guide further
   definition of valid research and engineering problems and their
   solutions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-clemm-nmrg-dist-intent/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-clemm-nmrg-dist-intent-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-clemm-nmrg-dist-intent-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-clemm-nmrg-dist-intent-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/