Subject: I-D Action: draft-friel-tls-atls-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 07:28:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Application-Layer TLS
        Authors         : Owen Friel
                          Richard Barnes
                          Max Pritikin
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          Mark Baugher
	Filename        : draft-friel-tls-atls-01.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2018-07-31

Abstract:
   This document specifies how TLS sessions can be established at the
   application layer over untrusted transport between clients and
   services for the purposes of establishing secure end-to-end encrypted
   communications channels.  Transport layer encodings for application
   layer TLS records are specified for HTTP and CoAP transport.
   Explicit identification of application layer TLS packets enables
   middleboxes to provide transport services and enforce suitable
   transport policies for these payloads, without requiring access to
   the unencrypted payload content.  Multiple scenarios are presented
   identifying the need for end-to-end application layer encryption
   between clients and services, and the benefits of reusing the well-
   defined TLS protocol, and a standard TLS stack, to accomplish this
   are described.  Application software architectures for building, and
   network architectures for deploying application layer TLS are
   outlined.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-friel-tls-atls/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-friel-tls-atls-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-friel-tls-atls-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-friel-tls-atls-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/