Subject: I-D Action: draft-wkumari-opsawg-sdi-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 06:41:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Secure Device Install
        Author          : Warren Kumari
	Filename        : draft-wkumari-opsawg-sdi-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2018-07-16

Abstract:
   Deploying a new network device often requires that an employee
   physically travel to a datacenter to perform the initial install and
   configuration, even in shared datacenters with "smart-hands" type
   support.  In many cases, this could be avoided if there were a
   standard, secure way to initially provision the devices.

   This document extends existing auto-install / Zero-Touch Provisioning
   to make the process more secure.

   [ Ed note: Text inside square brackets ([]) is additional background
   information, answers to frequently asked questions, general musings,
   etc.  They will be removed before publication.  This document is
   being collaborated on in Github at: https://github.com/wkumari/draft-
   wkumari-opsawg-sdi.  The most recent version of the document, open
   issues, etc should all be available here.  The authors (gratefully)
   accept pull requests. ]

   [ Ed note: This document introduces concepts and serves as the basic
   for discussion - because of this, it is conversational, and would
   need to be firmed up before being published ]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wkumari-opsawg-sdi/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wkumari-opsawg-sdi-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wkumari-opsawg-sdi-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wkumari-opsawg-sdi-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/