Subject: I-D Action: draft-anilj-icnrg-icn-qos-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 22:44:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Supporting QoS aware Data Delivery in Information Centric Networks
        Authors         : Anil Jangam
                          Prakash Suthar
                          Milan Stolic
	Filename        : draft-anilj-icnrg-icn-qos-00.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2018-07-14

Abstract:
   Information Centric Networking (ICN) is shaping up as an alternative
   networking mechanism for the TCP/IP based host-centric networking
   paradigm.  Content delivery or streaming is one of important use
   cases where the real value and potential of ICN architecture is being
   investigated.  While a number of studies on an optimal and efficient
   routing of Interest requests have been published, more discussion is
   needed on the mechanisms for implementation and enforcement of the
   quality of service (QoS) in the ICN based data delivery path.  In
   this document, we focus on two most popular ICN architectures, CCN
   (Content Centric Networking) and NDN (Named Data Networking) and
   describe how we can achieve the QoS aware data delivery in the ICN
   network.  We propose to use the differentiated services (DiffServ)
   QoS model based on DSCP codes, which is also used in the IP based
   Internet design.  We further present how QoS parameter syntax can be
   added to the current CCNx messages.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-anilj-icnrg-icn-qos/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-anilj-icnrg-icn-qos-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-anilj-icnrg-icn-qos-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/