Subject: I-D Action: draft-melnikov-email-over-pmul-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 06:48:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Multicast Email (MULE) over Allied Communications Publication (ACP) 142
        Authors         : David Wilson
                          Alexey Melnikov
	Filename        : draft-melnikov-email-over-pmul-06.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2018-07-16

Abstract:
   Allied Communications Publication (ACP) 142 defines P_MUL, which is a
   protocol for reliable multicast suitable for bandwidth constrained
   and delayed acknowledgement (Emissions Control or "EMCON")
   environments running over UDP.  This document defines an application
   protocol called MULE (Multicast Email) for transferring of Internet
   Mail messages (as described in RFC 5322) over P_MUL (as defined in
   ACP 142A).  MULE enables Message Transfer Agents (MTA) to MTA
   transfer and doesn't provide service similar to SMTP Submission (as
   described in RFC 6409).

   This document explains how MULE can be used in conjunction with
   Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP, RFC 5321), including some common
   SMTP extensions, to provide an alternate MTA to MTA transfer
   mechanism.

   This is not an IETF specification, but describes an existing
   implementation.  It is provided in order to facilitate interoperable
   implementations and third-party diagnostics.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-melnikov-email-over-pmul/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-melnikov-email-over-pmul-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-melnikov-email-over-pmul-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-melnikov-email-over-pmul-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/