Subject: I-D Action: draft-busi-pals-pw-cw-stitching-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 02:28:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Pseudowire (PW) Control Word (CW) Stitching
        Authors         : Italo Busi
                          Stewart Bryant
                          Andrew G. Malis
                          Jie Dong
	Filename        : draft-busi-pals-pw-cw-stitching-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2018-07-02

Abstract:
   This document defines the behavior of a new type of Multi-Segment
   Pseudowire (MS-PW) Switching PE (S-PE) which enhances the S-PE
   functions defined in [RFC 6073], with the capability to switch an
   Ethernet pseudowire (PW) segment that uses the PW Control Word (CW)
   [RFC 4385] with an Ethernet PW segment that does not use the CW.

   This new type of S-PE can be deployed in the network one hop away,
   at the MPLS layer, from a Terminating PE (T-PE) which does not
   support CW for Ethernet PW encapsulation [RFC 4448]. In this way,
   all the Ethernet PW packets sent though the MPLS network will have
   the CW and be protected against incorrect equal-cost-multi-path
   (ECMP) behavior as described in [I-D ETH-CW].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-busi-pals-pw-cw-stitching/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-busi-pals-pw-cw-stitching-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-busi-pals-pw-cw-stitching-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/