Subject: I-D Action: draft-silverajan-core-coap-protocol-negotiation-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 12:22:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : CoAP Protocol Negotiation
        Authors         : Bilhanan Silverajan
                          Mert Ocak
	Filename        : draft-silverajan-core-coap-protocol-negotiation-09.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2018-07-02

Abstract:
   CoAP has been standardised as an application-level REST-based
   protocol.  When multiple transport protocols exist for exchanging
   CoAP resource representations, this document introduces a way forward
   for CoAP endpoints as well as intermediaries to agree upon alternate
   transport and protocol configurations as well as URIs for CoAP
   messaging.  Several mechanisms are proposed: Extending the CoRE
   Resource Directory with new parameter types, introducing a new CoAP
   Option with which clients can interact directly with servers without
   needing the Resource Directory, and finally a new CoRE Link Attribute
   allowing exposing alternate locations on a per-resource basis.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-silverajan-core-coap-protocol-negotiation/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-silverajan-core-coap-protocol-negotiation-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-silverajan-core-coap-protocol-negotiation-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-silverajan-core-coap-protocol-negotiation-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/