Subject: I-D Action: draft-bonica-6man-unrecognized-opt-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2018 12:48:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The IPv6 Unrecognized Option
        Authors         : Ron Bonica
                          John Leddy
	Filename        : draft-bonica-6man-unrecognized-opt-02.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2018-07-22

Abstract:
   This document describes a method by which a source node can determine
   whether the underlying network can a) convey a packet that contains
   IPv6 destination options from itself to a destination node, and b)
   convey an ICMPv6 Parameter Problem message in the reverse direction.

   In order to support this method, this document defines a new IPv6
   option, called the Unrecognized option.  Implementation of the
   Unrecognized option is a trivial exercise, because the Unrecognized
   option elicits the same behavior from all nodes, regardless of
   whether they recognize the option.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bonica-6man-unrecognized-opt/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bonica-6man-unrecognized-opt-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bonica-6man-unrecognized-opt-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bonica-6man-unrecognized-opt-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/