Subject: I-D Action: draft-burger-sipcore-rejected-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 13:29:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Response Code for Rejected Calls
        Author          : Eric W. Burger
	Filename        : draft-burger-sipcore-rejected-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2018-07-16

Abstract:
   This document defines the 608 (Rejected) SIP response code.  This
   response code enables calling parties to learn their call was
   rejected by an intermediary and will not be answered.  As a 6xx code,
   the caller will be aware that future attempts to contact the same UAS
   will be likely to fail.  The present use case driving the need for
   the 608 response code is when the intermediary is an analytics
   engine.  In other words, the rejection is by a machine or other
   process, as opposed to a human at the target UAS indicating the call
   was not wanted.  This document also defines the use of the Call-Info
   header in 608 responses to enable rejected callers to contact
   entities that blocked their calls in error.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-burger-sipcore-rejected/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-burger-sipcore-rejected-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-burger-sipcore-rejected-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/