Subject: I-D Action: draft-contreras-layered-sdn-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 08:05:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Cooperating Layered Architecture for SDN
        Authors         : Luis M. Contreras
                          Carlos J. Bernardos
                          Diego R. Lopez
                          Mohamed Boucadair
                          Paola Iovanna
	Filename        : draft-contreras-layered-sdn-02.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2018-07-02

Abstract:
   Software Defined Networking (SDN) proposes the separation of the
   control plane from the data plane in the network nodes and its
   logical centralization on a control entity.  Most of the network
   intelligence is moved to this functional entity.  Typically, such
   entity is seen as a compendium of interacting control functions in a
   vertical, tight integrated fashion.  The relocation of the control
   functions from a number of distributed network nodes to a logical
   central entity conceptually places together a number of control
   capabilities with different purposes.  As a consequence, the existing
   solutions do not provide a clear separation between transport control
   and services that relies upon transport capabilities.

   This document describes a proposal named Cooperating Layered
   Architecture for SDN.  The idea behind that is to differentiate the
   control functions associated to transport from those related to
   services, in such a way that they can be provided and maintained
   independently, and can follow their own evolution path.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-contreras-layered-sdn/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-contreras-layered-sdn-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-contreras-layered-sdn-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-contreras-layered-sdn-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/