Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-ntf-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 11:02:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Toward a Network Telemetry Framework
        Authors         : Haoyu Song
                          Tianran Zhou
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Giuseppe Fioccola
                          Zhenqiang Li
                          Pedro Martinez-Julia
                          Laurent Ciavaglia
                          Aijun Wang
	Filename        : draft-song-ntf-02.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2018-07-02

Abstract:
   This document suggests the necessity of an architectural framework
   for network telemetry in order to meet the current and future network
   operation requirements.  The defining characteristics of network
   telemetry shows a clear distinction from the conventional network OAM
   concept; hence the network telemetry demands new techniques and
   protocols.  This document clarifies the terminologies and classifies
   the categories and components of a network telemetry framework.  The
   requirements, challenges, existing solutions, and future directions
   are discussed for each category.  The network telemetry framework and
   the taxonomy help to set a common ground for the collection of
   related works and put future technique and standard developments into
   perspective.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-ntf/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-ntf-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-ntf-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-song-ntf-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/