Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-acme-acme-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 15:13:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Automated Certificate Management Environment WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Automatic Certificate Management Environment (ACME)
        Authors         : Richard Barnes
                          Jacob Hoffman-Andrews
                          Daniel McCarney
                          James Kasten
	Filename        : draft-ietf-acme-acme-13.txt
	Pages           : 86
	Date            : 2018-07-17

Abstract:
   Certificates in PKI using X.509 (PKIX) are used for a number of
   purposes, the most significant of which is the authentication of
   domain names.  Thus, certificate authorities in the Web PKI are
   trusted to verify that an applicant for a certificate legitimately
   represents the domain name(s) in the certificate.  Today, this
   verification is done through a collection of ad hoc mechanisms.  This
   document describes a protocol that a certification authority (CA) and
   an applicant can use to automate the process of verification and
   certificate issuance.  The protocol also provides facilities for
   other certificate management functions, such as certificate
   revocation.

   RFC EDITOR: PLEASE REMOVE THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH: The source for
   this draft is maintained in GitHub.  Suggested changes should be
   submitted as pull requests at https://github.com/ietf-wg-acme/acme
   [1].  Instructions are on that page as well.  Editorial changes can
   be managed in GitHub, but any substantive change should be discussed
   on the ACME mailing list ([email-masked]).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-acme-acme/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-acme-acme-13
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-acme-acme-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-acme-acme-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/