Subject: I-D Action: draft-gu-network-mornitoring-protol-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 05:07:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Network Monitoring Protocol (NMP)
        Authors         : Yunan Gu
                          Shunwan Zhuang
                          Zhenbin Li
	Filename        : draft-gu-network-mornitoring-protol-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2018-07-02

Abstract:
   To enable automated network OAM (Operations, administration and
   management), the availability of network protocol running status
   information is a fundamental step.  In this document, a network
   monitoring protocol (NMP) is proposed to provision the information
   related to running status of IGP (Interior Gateway Protocol) and
   other control protocols.  It can facilitate the network
   troubleshooting of control protocols in a network domain.  Typical
   network issues are illustrated as the usecases of NMP for ISIS to
   showcase the necessity of NMP.  Then the operations and the message
   formats of NMP for ISIS are defined.  In this document ISIS is used
   as the illustration protocol, and the case of OSPF and other control
   protocols will be included in the future version.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gu-network-mornitoring-protol/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gu-network-mornitoring-protol-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gu-network-mornitoring-protol-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/