Subject: I-D Action: draft-xie-bier-mvpn-mpls-p2mp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 01:02:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Multicast VPN Using MPLS P2MP and BIER
        Authors         : Jingrong Xie
                          Mike McBride
                          Mach Chen
                          Liang Geng
	Filename        : draft-xie-bier-mvpn-mpls-p2mp-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2018-07-02

Abstract:
   MVPN is a widely deployed multicast service with mLDP or RSVP-TE P2MP
   as the P-tunnel.  Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER) is an
   architecture that provides optimal multicast forwarding without
   requiring intermediate routers to maintain any per-flow state by
   using a multicast-specific BIER header.  This document introduces a
   seamless transition mechanism from legacy MVPN using mLDP/RSVP-TE
   P2MP to MVPN using BIER by combining P2MP and BIER to form a P2MP
   based BIER as the P-tunnel.  This will leverage the widely supported
   P2MP capability in both data-plane and control-plane, and will help
   introducing BIER in existing multicast networks to shift multicast
   delivery from MVPN using mLDP/RSVP-TE P2MP by two means: It is easier
   and more efficient for legacy routers to support BIER forwarding on
   the basis of widely supported P2MP forwarding, and it is more
   seamless for existing multicast networks to deploy BIER when some
   routers do not support BIER forwarding.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xie-bier-mvpn-mpls-p2mp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xie-bier-mvpn-mpls-p2mp-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-xie-bier-mvpn-mpls-p2mp-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-xie-bier-mvpn-mpls-p2mp-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/