Subject: I-D Action: draft-liu-anima-grasp-distribution-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 03:50:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Information Distribution in Autonomic Networking
        Authors         : Bing Liu
                          Sheng Jiang
                          Xun Xiao
                          Artur Hecker
                          Zoran Despotovic
	Filename        : draft-liu-anima-grasp-distribution-06.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2018-07-02

Abstract:
   This document discusses the requirement of capability of information
   distribution among autonomic nodes in autonomic networks. In general,
   information distribution can be categorized into two different modes:
   1) one autonomic node instantly sends information to other nodes in
   the domain; 2) one autonomic node can publish some information and
   then some other interested nodes can subscribe the published
   information. In the former case, information data will be generated
   and consumed instantly. In the latter case, however, information data
   shall be stored in the network and retrieved when necessary.

   These capabilities are fundamental and basic to a network system and
   an autonomic network infrastructure (ANI) should consider to
   integrate them, rather than assisted by other transport or routing
   protocols (HTTP, BGP/IGP as bearing protocols etc.).  Thus, this
   document clarifies possible use cases and requirements to ANI so that
   information distribution can be natively supported. Possible options
   realizing the information distribution function are also briefly
   discussed.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-liu-anima-grasp-distribution/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-liu-anima-grasp-distribution-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-liu-anima-grasp-distribution-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-liu-anima-grasp-distribution-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/