Subject: I-D Action: draft-liu-nmrg-networkless-roadmap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2018 20:35:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Roadmap to a Networkless World
        Authors         : Bing Liu
                          Brian Carpenter
	Filename        : draft-liu-nmrg-networkless-roadmap-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2018-07-01

Abstract:
   This draft aims to illustrate possible approaches to make network
   management and operations more autonomic in several aspects.  The
   ultimate goal is that the network could run all by itself, so that
   users/administrators just feel like there isn't a network to take
   care of at all (a.k.a.  "Networkless").  The approaches are described
   in a form of different levels (inspired by the Self-Driven Car
   levels).  The higher the level is, the more autonomic management
   capabilities the network could have.

   Please note that although some specific technologies are categorized
   into different levels, it is not the draft's intent to rank them;
   rather, this draft is more about discussing what's the possible next
   stage and what's the ultimate vision.  Hopefully, this draft could
   collect people's consensus in the industry and provide guidance for
   future technology developments.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-liu-nmrg-networkless-roadmap/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-liu-nmrg-networkless-roadmap-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-liu-nmrg-networkless-roadmap-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/