Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 02:52:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Sliding Window Random Linear Code (RLC) Forward Erasure Correction (FEC) Schemes for FECFRAME
        Authors         : Vincent Roca
                          Belkacem Teibi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-06.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2018-07-25

Abstract:
   This document describes two fully-specified Forward Erasure
   Correction (FEC) Schemes for Sliding Window Random Linear Codes
   (RLC), one for RLC over GF(2) (binary case), a second one for RLC
   over GF(2^^8), with the possibility of controlling the code density.
   They can protect arbitrary media streams along the lines defined by
   FECFRAME extended to sliding window FEC codes.  These sliding window
   FEC codes rely on an encoding window that slides over the source
   symbols, generating new repair symbols whenever needed.  Compared to
   block FEC codes, these sliding window FEC codes offer key advantages
   with real-time flows in terms of reduced FEC-related latency while
   often providing improved packet erasure recovery capabilities.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/