Subject: I-D Action: draft-bortzmeyer-rfc7816bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 04:47:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DNS Query Name Minimisation to Improve Privacy
        Authors         : Stephane Bortzmeyer
                          Paul Hoffman
	Filename        : draft-bortzmeyer-rfc7816bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2018-07-17

Abstract:
   This document describes a technique to improve DNS privacy, a
   technique called "QNAME minimisation", where the DNS resolver no
   longer sends the full original QNAME to the upstream name server.

   RFC EDITOR: PLEASE REMOVE BEFORE PUBLICATION.  The original [RFC7816]
   had the experimental status.  This document is intended for the
   standards track.  It should be discussed in the IETF DNSOP (DNS
   Operations) Working Group, through its mailing list.  The source of
   the document, as well as a list of open issues, is currently kept at
   Framagit [1].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bortzmeyer-rfc7816bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bortzmeyer-rfc7816bis-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bortzmeyer-rfc7816bis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/