Subject: I-D Action: draft-hsmit-bmp-extensible-routemon-msgs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 03:49:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BMP Extensible Route-Monitoring Messages
        Author          : Henk Smit
	Filename        : draft-hsmit-bmp-extensible-routemon-msgs-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2018-07-18

Abstract:
   The BGP Monitoring Protocol (BMP) is defined in RFC7854.  Most of the
   types of messages in BMP are extensible via the mechanism of TLVs.
   However, the most important type of message, the route-monitoring
   message, has a fixed format.

   This document proposes a relatively small change to the format of BMP
   route-monitoring messages.  The new format of route-monitoring
   messages is no longer fixed-format, but tlv-encoded.  This document
   also proposes to split the route-monitoring message-type into 3 new
   message-types.  For Adj-RIB-In, Adj-RIB-Out and Loc-RIB.

   This document proposes two types of TLVs to be used in this new
   format.  A TLV to report the BGP update message itself.  And a flags-
   field TLV, to report state of the reported routes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hsmit-bmp-extensible-routemon-msgs/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hsmit-bmp-extensible-routemon-msgs-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hsmit-bmp-extensible-routemon-msgs-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/