Subject: I-D Action: draft-pwid-urn-specification-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 00:58:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Persistent Web IDentifier (PWID) URN Namespace
        Author          : Eld Maj-Britt Olmuetz Zierau
	Filename        : draft-pwid-urn-specification-03.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2018-07-16

Abstract:
   This document specifies a Uniform Resource Name (URN) for Persistent
   Web IDentifiers to web material in web archives using the 'pwid'
   namespace identifier.  The purpose of the standard is to support
   general exact referencing method which includes support for
   references to archives with restricted access, for exact references
   to existing web material, and for exact specification of elements in
   a web corpus (possibly spanning over several web archives).  The PWID
   URN therefore offers a scheme to make references that are not
   currently supported.

   The PWID is designed for researchers and therefore it is designed as
   general, global, sustainable, humanly readable, technology agnostic,
   persistent and precise web references for web materials in web
   archives, and in a way that can make them potentially resolvable.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pwid-urn-specification/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pwid-urn-specification-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-pwid-urn-specification-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-pwid-urn-specification-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/