Subject: I-D Action: draft-bormann-core-proactive-ct-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 09:49:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Proactively Assigning CoAP Content-Format Numbers to Registered Media Types
        Authors         : Carsten Bormann
                          Klaus Hartke
	Filename        : draft-bormann-core-proactive-ct-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2018-07-02

Abstract:
   In order to use a media type with the Constrained Application
   Protocol (CoAP), a numeric identifier needs to be registered for it,
   the Content-Format number.

   RFC 7252 defines registration procedures for Content-Format numbers.
   The present document defines a proactive procedure to register a
   Content-Format number for many of the media types that are registered
   and discusses the benefits and limitations of that approach.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-core-proactive-ct/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-core-proactive-ct-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bormann-core-proactive-ct-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/