Subject: I-D Action: draft-trammell-tsvwg-spin-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 03:15:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Transport-Independent Explicit Signal for Hybrid RTT Measurement
        Author          : Brian Trammell
	Filename        : draft-trammell-tsvwg-spin-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2018-07-02

Abstract:
   This document defines an explicit per-flow transport-layer signal for
   hybrid measurement of end-to-end RTT.  This signal consists of three
   bits: a spin bit, which oscillates once per end-to-end RTT, and a
   two-bit Valid Edge Counter (VEC), which compensates for loss and
   reordering of the spin bit to increase fidelity of the signal in less
   than ideal network conditions.  It describes the algorithm for
   generating the signal, approaches for observing it to passively
   measure end-to-end latency, and proposes methods for adding it to a
   variety of IETF transport protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-trammell-tsvwg-spin/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-trammell-tsvwg-spin-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-trammell-tsvwg-spin-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/