Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-taps-interface-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2018 00:58:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Services WG of the IETF.

        Title           : An Abstract Application Layer Interface to Transport Services
        Authors         : Brian Trammell
                          Michael Welzl
                          Theresa Enghardt
                          Godred Fairhurst
                          Mirja Kuehlewind
                          Colin Perkins
                          Philipp S. Tiesel
                          Chris Wood
	Filename        : draft-ietf-taps-interface-01.txt
	Pages           : 53
	Date            : 2018-07-02

Abstract:
   This document describes an abstract programming interface to the
   transport layer, following the Transport Services Architecture.  It
   supports the asynchronous, atomic transmission of messages over
   transport protocols and network paths dynamically selected at
   runtime.  It is intended to replace the traditional BSD sockets API
   as the lowest common denominator interface to the transport layer, in
   an environment where endpoints have multiple interfaces and potential
   transport protocols to select from.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-taps-interface/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-taps-interface-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-taps-interface-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-taps-interface-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/