Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-nfsv4-rocev2-cm-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2018 06:35:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Problem Statement of RoCEv2 Congestion Management
        Authors         : Fei Chen
                          Wenhao Sun
	Filename        : draft-chen-nfsv4-rocev2-cm-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2018-08-10

Abstract:
   On IP-routed datacenter networks, RDMA is deployed using RoCEv2
   protocol. RoCEv2 specification does not define the congestion
   management and load balancing methods. RoCEv2 relies on the existing
   Link-Layer Flow-Control IEEE 802.1Qbb(Priority-based Flow Control,
   PFC)to provide a lossless network. RoCEv2 Congestion Management(RCM)
   use ECN(Explicit Congestion Notification, defined in RFC3168) to
   signal the congestion to the destination and use the congestion
   notification to reduce the rate of injection and increase the
   injection rate when the extent of congestion decreases. More and more
   practice of congestion management for RoCEv2 appear in the industry,
   such as DCQCN(Data Center Quantized Congestion Notification). There
   is a demanding for the new RoCE protocol(temporary alias RoCEv3) to
   provide stronger congestion management and load balancing mechanisms
   for RDMA deployment in modern datacenter.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-nfsv4-rocev2-cm-problem-statement/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chen-nfsv4-rocev2-cm-problem-statement-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-chen-nfsv4-rocev2-cm-problem-statement-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/