Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 07:54:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Link State Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : H-bit Support for OSPFv2
        Authors         : Keyur Patel
                          Padma Pillay-Esnault
                          Manish Bhardwaj
                          Serpil Bayraktar
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-06.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2018-08-27

Abstract:
   OSPFv3 defines an option bit for router-LSAs known as the R-bit in
   RFC5340.  If the R-bit is clear, an OSPFv3 router can participate in
   OSPF topology flooding, however it will not be used as a transit
   router.  In such cases, other routers in the OSPFv3 routing domain
   only install routes to allow local traffic delivery.  This document
   defines the H-bit functionality to prevent other OSPFv2 routers from
   using the router for transit traffic in OSPFv2 routing domains as
   described in RFC 2328.  This document updates RFC 2328.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/