Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-kitten-pkinit-alg-agility-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2018 08:37:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Authentication Technology Next Generation WG of the IETF.

        Title           : PKINIT Algorithm Agility
        Authors         : Love Hornquist Astrand
                          Larry Zhu
                          Margaret Wasserman
                          Benjamin Kaduk
	Filename        : draft-ietf-kitten-pkinit-alg-agility-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2018-08-26

Abstract:
   This document updates PKINIT, as defined in RFC 4556, to remove
   protocol structures tied to specific cryptographic algorithms.  The
   PKINIT key derivation function is made negotiable, the digest
   algorithms for signing the pre-authentication data and the client's
   X.509 certificates are made discoverable.

   These changes provide preemptive protection against vulnerabilities
   discovered in the future against any specific cryptographic
   algorithm, and allow incremental deployment of newer algorithms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-pkinit-alg-agility/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-kitten-pkinit-alg-agility-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-kitten-pkinit-alg-agility-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-kitten-pkinit-alg-agility-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/