Subject: I-D Action: draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 04:17:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SOCKS Protocol Version 6
        Authors         : Vladimir Olteanu
                          Dragos Niculescu
	Filename        : draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-04.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2018-08-17

Abstract:
   The SOCKS protocol is used primarily to proxy TCP connections to
   arbitrary destinations via the use of a proxy server.  Under the
   latest version of the protocol (version 5), it takes 2 RTTs (or 3, if
   authentication is used) before data can flow between the client and
   the server.

   This memo proposes SOCKS version 6, which reduces the number of RTTs
   used, takes full advantage of TCP Fast Open, and adds support for
   0-RTT authentication.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-olteanu-intarea-socks-6-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/