Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhu-srpof-ehdt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 07:27:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Source Routing with Protocol-oblivious Forwarding to Enable Efficient e-Health Data Transfer
        Author          : Zuqing Zhu
	Filename        : draft-zhu-srpof-ehdt-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2018-08-14

Abstract:
   It has already been confirmed that software-defined networking (SDN)
   can make the networks more programmable, adaptive and application
   aware. However, due to the large-scale and geographically-distributed
   nature of wide-area networks (WAN), the scalability could become a
   critical issue if we incorporate SDN for WANs (i.e., realizing SD-
   WANs). In this paper, we design and implement a novel network system
   that can leverage source routing with the protocol-oblivious
   forwarding (POF) to facilitate efficient e-Health data transfers with
   low setup latency. We develop the POF-based source routing protocol
   to realize a pipeline based packet processing procedure, which can
   replace the table-lookup based approach in traditional SDN networks
   and make the forwarding plane more efficient. The proposed scheme is
   demonstrated experimentally, and the results verify that with it, the
   flow-tables installed in each core switches in a POF-controlled SD-
   WAN can be minimized and the path setup latency of traffic flows can
   be reduced significantly as well.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhu-srpof-ehdt/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhu-srpof-ehdt-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-zhu-srpof-ehdt-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/