Subject: I-D Action: draft-aranda-nfvrg-recursive-vnf-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 08:07:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : High-level VNF Descriptors using NEMO
        Authors         : Pedro A. Aranda Gutierrez
                          Diego R. Lopez
                          Stefano Salsano
                          Elena Batanero
	Filename        : draft-aranda-nfvrg-recursive-vnf-06.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2018-07-15

Abstract:
   Current efforts in the scope of Network Function Virtualisation(NFV)
   propose YAML-based descriptors for Virtual Network Functions (VNFs)
   and for their composition in Network Services (NS) These descriptors
   are human-readable but hardly understandable by humans.  On the other
   hand, there has been an effort proposed to the IETF to define a
   human-readable (and understandable) representation for networks,
   known as NEMO.  In this draft, we propose a simple extension to NEMO
   to accommodate VNF Descriptors (VNFDs) in a similar manner as inline
   assembly is integrated in higher-level programming languages.

   This approach enables the creation of recursive VNF forwarding graphs
   in Service Descriptors, practically making them recursive.  An
   implementation generating VNF Descriptors (VNFDs) for OpenMANO and
   OSM is available.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-aranda-nfvrg-recursive-vnf/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-aranda-nfvrg-recursive-vnf-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-aranda-nfvrg-recursive-vnf-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-aranda-nfvrg-recursive-vnf-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/