Subject: I-D Action: draft-xie-bier-mvpn-segmented-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 01:16:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Segmented MVPN Using IP Lookup for BIER
        Authors         : Jingrong Xie
                          Liang Geng
                          Lei Wang
                          Mike McBride
                          Gang Yan
	Filename        : draft-xie-bier-mvpn-segmented-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2018-08-14

Abstract:
   This document specifies an alternative of the control plane and data
   plane procedures that allow segmented MVPN using BIER.  It allows the
   use of the more efficient LIR-pF explicit-tracking for segmented MVPN
   deployment when BIER is used as the upstream or downstream segments.
   It requires a segmentation point BFR doing an IP header lookup, which
   is common for the forwarding procedure on BFER, or the forwarding
   procedure on ABR with local VPN CEs connected.  This document updates
   [I-D.ietf-bier-mvpn].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xie-bier-mvpn-segmented/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xie-bier-mvpn-segmented-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-xie-bier-mvpn-segmented-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-xie-bier-mvpn-segmented-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/