Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mboned-deprecate-interdomain-asm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2018 21:28:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the MBONE Deployment WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Deprecating ASM for Interdomain Multicast
        Authors         : Mikael Abrahamsson
                          Tim Chown
                          Lenny Giuliano
                          Toerless Eckert
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mboned-deprecate-interdomain-asm-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2018-08-09

Abstract:
   This document recommends deprecation of the use of Any-Source
   Multicast (ASM) for interdomain multicast.  It recommends the use of
   Source-Specific Multicast (SSM) for interdomain multicast
   applications, and that hosts and routers that are expected to handle
   such applications fully support SSM.  The recommendations in this
   document do not preclude the continued use of ASM within a single
   organisation or domain, and are especially easy to adopt when already
   using the preferred ASM protocol options there (PIM-SM).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-deprecate-interdomain-asm/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mboned-deprecate-interdomain-asm-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mboned-deprecate-interdomain-asm-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/