Subject: I-D Action: draft-khalili-sfc-optimized-chaining-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 01:03:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Optimized Service Function Chaining
        Authors         : Ramin Khalili
                          Zoran Despotovic
                          Artur Hecker
                          Debashish Purkayastha
                          Akbar Rahman
                          Dirk Trossen
	Filename        : draft-khalili-sfc-optimized-chaining-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2018-08-28

Abstract:
   This draft investigates possibilities to use so-called 'transport-
   derived service function forwarders' (tSFFs) that uses existing
   transport information for explicit service path information. The
   draft discusses two such possibilities, focusing on realization of
   efficient chaining over single transport networks. In the first one,
   the transport network is SDN-based. The second one introduces and
   explains a specific service request routing (SRR) function to support
   URL-level routing of service requests.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-khalili-sfc-optimized-chaining/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-khalili-sfc-optimized-chaining-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-khalili-sfc-optimized-chaining-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-khalili-sfc-optimized-chaining-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/