Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-nvo3-encap-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2018 12:30:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Virtualization Overlays WG of the IETF.

        Title           : NVO3 Encapsulation Considerations
        Author          : Sami Boutros
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nvo3-encap-02.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2018-09-14

Abstract:
   As communicated by WG Chairs, the IETF NVO3 chairs and Routing Area
   director have chartered a design team to take forward the
   encapsulation discussion and see if there is potential to design a
   common encapsulation that addresses the various technical concerns.

   There are implications of different encapsulations in real
   environments consisting of both software and hardware implementations
   and spanning multiple data centers. For example, OAM functions such
   as path MTU discovery become challenging with multiple encapsulations
   along the data path.

   The design team recommend Geneve with few modifications as the common
   encapsulation, more details are described in section 7.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-encap/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nvo3-encap-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nvo3-encap-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nvo3-encap-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/