Subject: I-D Action: draft-zhang-bess-label-sharing-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 20:04:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Label Sharing for Fast PE Protection
        Authors         : Mingui Zhang
                          Peng Zhou
                          Donald Eastlake
                          Russ White
                          Provisions Relating to IETF
	Filename        : draft-zhang-bess-label-sharing-01.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2018-09-19

Abstract:
   This document describes a method to be used by VPN (Virtual Private
   Network) Service Providers to provide multi-homed CEs with fast
   protection of egress PEs. Egress PEs in a redundant group always
   share the same label in distribution of VPN routes of a VRF. A
   virtual Next Hop (vNH) in the IGP/MPLS backbone is created as the
   common end of LSP tunnels which would otherwise terminate at each
   egress PE. Primary and backup LSP tunnels ended at the vNH are set up
   by MPLS on the basis of existing Interior Gateway Protocol (IGP) Fast
   ReRoute (FRR) mechanisms. If the primary egress PE fails, the backup
   egress PE can recognize the "shared" VPN route label carried by the
   data packets.  Therefore, the failure affected data packets can be
   smoothly rerouted to the backup PE for delivery without changing
   their VPN route label.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zhang-bess-label-sharing/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zhang-bess-label-sharing-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-zhang-bess-label-sharing-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-zhang-bess-label-sharing-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/