Subject: I-D Action: draft-herbert-sub-path-ps-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 10:06:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Sub-path Transport Layer Problem Statement
        Author          : Tom Herbert
	Filename        : draft-herbert-sub-path-ps-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2018-09-25

Abstract:
   This document presents the problem statement and use cases for a sub-
   path transport layer. A sub-path is a portion of a network path that
   has localized characteristics that are of interest to an operator to
   manage. The  structure for managing a sub-path is the "sub-path
   transport layer". A sub-path transport layer can provide transport
   layer mechanisms, such as reliability and congestion control, over
   the aggregate of packets traversing the sub-path. Additionally, a
   sub-path transport layer can provide performance measurements of
   traffic over a sub-path which in turn can be input to operations and
   management. The sub-path transport layer implies the possibility that
   traffic may be subject to two transport layer control loops, that of
   the sub-path and that of a higher layer transport protocol, any such
   solution must consider the ramifications of that.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herbert-sub-path-ps/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbert-sub-path-ps-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-herbert-sub-path-ps-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/