Subject: I-D Action: draft-kanugovi-intarea-mams-framework-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2018 01:37:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Multiple Access Management Services
        Authors         : Satish Kanugovi
                          Florin Baboescu
                          Jing Zhu
                          Julius Mueller
                          SungHoon Seo
	Filename        : draft-kanugovi-intarea-mams-framework-02.txt
	Pages           : 139
	Date            : 2018-09-04

Abstract:
   In multiconnectivity scenarios the end-user devices can
   simultaneously connect to multiple networks based on different access
   technologies and network architectures like WiFi, LTE, DSL.  Both the
   quality of experience of the users and the overall network
   utilization and efficiency may be improved through a smart selection
   and combination of access and core network paths that can dynamically
   adapt to changing network conditions.  The document presents a
   unified problem statement and introduces a solution for managing
   multiconnectivity.  The solution has been developed based on the
   authors' experience in multiple standards bodies including the IETF
   and 3GPP and is not an Internet Standard.  It describes the
   requirements, solution principles and the architectural framework
   that ensures best performance and can be easily implemented in a wide
   variety of multiconnectivity deployments.  It specifies the the
   protocol multi-access management to 1) flexibly select the best
   combination of access and core network paths for uplink and downlink,
   as well as 2) determining the user plane treatment and traffic
   distribution over the selected links ensuring better network
   efficiency and enhanced application performance.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kanugovi-intarea-mams-framework/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kanugovi-intarea-mams-framework-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kanugovi-intarea-mams-framework-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kanugovi-intarea-mams-framework-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/