Subject: I-D Action: draft-rosenau-464xlat-hostname-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2018 10:03:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Special host name for 464xlat connections
        Author          : Martin D. J. Rosenau
	Filename        : draft-rosenau-464xlat-hostname-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2018-09-23

Abstract:
   This document describes an idea for a special DNS query whose use is
   to get the IPv6 address representing an IPv4 address in a 464xlat
   environment.

   The query can also be used to force the IPv4 client to connect to the
   server via IPv6 by returning the "real" IPv6 address of a dual-stack
   server instead of the IPv6 address used to connect to the server's
   IPv4 address using NAT64.

   The query is supposed to be compatible to the existing DNS system so
   no changes to the DNS protocol or DNS servers need to be done.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rosenau-464xlat-hostname/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rosenau-464xlat-hostname-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-rosenau-464xlat-hostname-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/