Subject: I-D Action: draft-wang-netmod-module-revision-management-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 00:41:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A YANG Data Model for module revision management
        Authors         : Michael Wang
                          Qin Wu
                          Aijun Wang
	Filename        : draft-wang-netmod-module-revision-management-01.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2018-09-19

Abstract:
   This document defines a YANG Data Model for module revision change
   management.  It is intended this model be used by vendors who support
   multiple revisions of the same YANG module in their systems but
   implement only one revision of a module.  In addition, this document
   introduces a new generic mechanism based on RPC, denoted as module-
   revision-change, that allow datanode backwards compatibility
   detection and provide a report on change type and change details of a
   YANG module with two or multiple revisions that is defined in design
   time., e.g.,identifies a place in the node hierarchy where data node
   gets changed or new data gets inserted and indicate whether the
   change to the data node is backward compatible.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-netmod-module-revision-management/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-netmod-module-revision-management-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wang-netmod-module-revision-management-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wang-netmod-module-revision-management-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/