Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-icnrg-deployment-guidelines-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2018 14:42:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Information-Centric Networking RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Deployment Considerations for Information-Centric Networking (ICN)
        Authors         : Akbar Rahman
                          Dirk Trossen
                          Dirk Kutscher
                          Ravi Ravindran
	Filename        : draft-irtf-icnrg-deployment-guidelines-04.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2018-09-05

Abstract:
   Information-Centric Networking (ICN) is now reaching technological
   maturity after many years of fundamental research and
   experimentation.  This document provides a number of deployment
   considerations in the interest of helping the ICN community move
   forward to the next step of live deployments.  First, the major
   deployment configurations for ICN are described including the key
   overlay and underlay approaches.  Then proposed deployment migration
   paths are outlined to address major practical issues such as network
   and application migration.  Next, selected ICN trial experiences are
   summarized.  Finally, protocol areas that require further
   standardization are identified to facilitate future interoperable ICN
   deployments.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-deployment-guidelines/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-deployment-guidelines-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-deployment-guidelines-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-icnrg-deployment-guidelines-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/