Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtcweb-mdns-ice-candidates-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 14:56:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Real-Time Communication in WEB-browsers WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Using Multicast DNS to protect privacy when exposing ICE candidates
        Authors         : Youenn Fablet
                          Jeroen De Borst
                          Justin Uberti
                          Qingsi Wang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtcweb-mdns-ice-candidates-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2018-09-12

Abstract:
   WebRTC applications rely on ICE candidates to enable peer-to-peer
   connections between clients in as many network configurations as
   possible.  To maximize the probability to create a direct peer-to-
   peer connection, client private IP addresses are often exposed
   without user consent.  This is currently used as a way to track
   users.  This document describes a way to share IP addresses with
   other clients while preserving client privacy.  This is achieved by
   obfuscating IP addresses using dynamically generated names resolvable
   through Multicast DNS [RFC6763].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtcweb-mdns-ice-candidates/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtcweb-mdns-ice-candidates-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-rtcweb-mdns-ice-candidates-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/