Subject: I-D Action: draft-v6ops-xie-network-happyeyeballs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 23:15:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Network-side Happy Eyeballs based on accurate IPv6 measurement
        Authors         : Chongfeng Xie
                          Linjian Song
	Filename        : draft-v6ops-xie-network-happyeyeballs-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2018-09-20

Abstract:
   During the period of IPv6 transition, both ISP and ICP (Internet
   Content Provider) care about user's experience in dual-stack network.
   They hesitate to provide IPv6 to their users due to the fear of poor
   IPv6 performance.  Network-based Happy Eyeballs (NHE) is proposed in
   this memo as a approach to provide better connectivity to end users
   by doing accurate measurement and comparison on IPv6/IPv4 performance
   on the network side other than client-side Happy Eyeballs (HE)
   ([RFC8305]).  It works independently with client's adoption of HE.

   REMOVE BEFORE PUBLICATION: The source of the document with test
   script is currently placed at GitHub [NHE-GitHub].  Comments and pull
   request are welcome.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-v6ops-xie-network-happyeyeballs/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-v6ops-xie-network-happyeyeballs-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-v6ops-xie-network-happyeyeballs-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/