Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-bgp-community-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 02:46:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Export BGP community information in IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX)
        Authors         : Zhenqiang Li
                          Rong Gu
                          Jie Dong
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-bgp-community-09.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2018-09-25

Abstract:
   By introducing new Information Elements (IEs), this draft extends the
   existing BGP related IEs to enable IPFIX [RFC7011] to export the BGP
   community information, including the information of BGP standard
   community [RFC1997], BGP extended community [RFC4360], and BGP large
   community [RFC8092].  Network traffic information can then be
   accumulated and analysed at the BGP community granularity, which
   represents the traffic of different kinds of customers, services, or
   geographical regions according to the network operator's BGP
   community planning.  Network traffic information at the BGP community
   granularity is useful for network traffic analysis and engineering.

   To clarify, no new BGP community attribute is defined in this
   document and this document has no purpose to replace BGP Monitoring
   Protocol (BMP) defined in RFC7854.  The IEs introduced in this
   document are used by IPFIX together with other IEs to facilitate the
   IPFIX Collector analyzing the network traffic at the BGP community
   granularity without running the heavy BGP protocol.  When needed, the
   IPFIX Mediator or Collector can use the IEs introduced in this
   document to report the BGP community related traffic flow information
   it gets either from Exporters or through local correlation to other
   IPFIX devices.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-bgp-community/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-bgp-community-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-bgp-community-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-bgp-community-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/