Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc7810bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2018 06:33:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Link State Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IS-IS Traffic Engineering (TE) Metric Extensions
        Authors         : Les Ginsberg
                          Stefano Previdi
                          Spencer Giacolone
                          Dave Ward
                          John Drake
                          Qin Wu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc7810bis-02.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2018-09-03

Abstract:
   In certain networks, such as, but not limited to, financial
   information networks (e.g., stock market data providers), network-
   performance criteria (e.g., latency) are becoming as critical to
   data-path selection as other metrics.

   This document describes extensions to IS-IS Traffic Engineering
   Extensions (RFC 5305) such that network-performance information can
   be distributed and collected in a scalable fashion.  The information
   distributed using IS-IS TE Metric Extensions can then be used to make
   path-selection decisions based on network performance.

   Note that this document only covers the mechanisms with which
   network-performance information is distributed.  The mechanisms for
   measuring network performance or acting on that information, once
   distributed, are outside the scope of this document.

   This document obsoletes RFC 7810.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc7810bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc7810bis-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc7810bis-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc7810bis-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/