Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-detnet-architecture-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 00:26:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Deterministic Networking WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Deterministic Networking Architecture
        Authors         : Norman Finn
                          Pascal Thubert
                          Balázs Varga
                          János Farkas
	Filename        : draft-ietf-detnet-architecture-08.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2018-09-12

Abstract:
   This document provides the overall Architecture for Deterministic
   Networking (DetNet), which provides a capability to carry specified
   unicast or multicast data flows for real-time applications with
   extremely low data loss rates and bounded latency.  Techniques used
   include: 1) reserving data plane resources for individual (or
   aggregated) DetNet flows in some or all of the intermediate nodes
   (e.g., bridges or routers) along the path of the flow; 2) providing
   explicit routes for DetNet flows that do not immediately change with
   the network topology; and 3) distributing data from DetNet flow
   packets over time and/or space to ensure delivery of each packet's
   data in spite of the loss of a path.  DetNet operates at the IP layer
   and delivers service over sub-network technologies such as MPLS and
   IEEE 802.1 TSN.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-architecture/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-detnet-architecture-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-detnet-architecture-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-detnet-architecture-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/