Subject: I-D Action: draft-gundavelli-dmm-mfa-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 21:31:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Mobility-aware Floating Anchor (MFA)
        Authors         : Sri Gundavelli
                          Marco Liebsch
                          Satoru Matsushima
	Filename        : draft-gundavelli-dmm-mfa-01.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2018-09-19

Abstract:
   IP mobility protocols are designed to allow a mobile node to remain
   reachable while moving around in the network.  The currently deployed
   mobility management protocols are anchor-based approaches, where a
   mobile node's IP sessions are anchored on a central node.  The mobile
   node's IP traffic enters and exits from this anchor node and it
   remains as the control point for all subscriber services.  This
   architecture based on fixed IP anchors comes with some complexity and
   there is some interest from the mobile operators to eliminate the use
   of fixed anchors, and other residual elements such as the overlay
   tunneling that come with it.

   This document describes a new approach for realizing a mobile user-
   plane that does not require fixed IP anchors.  The architectural-
   basis for this approach is the separation of control and user plane,
   and the use of programmability constructs of the user-plane for
   traffic steering.  This approach is referred to as, Mobility-aware
   Floating Anchor (MFA).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gundavelli-dmm-mfa/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gundavelli-dmm-mfa-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gundavelli-dmm-mfa-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gundavelli-dmm-mfa-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/