Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc7816bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2018 08:17:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DNS Query Name Minimisation to Improve Privacy
        Authors         : Stephane Bortzmeyer
                          Paul Hoffman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc7816bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2018-09-14

Abstract:
   This document describes a technique to improve DNS privacy, a
   technique called "QNAME minimisation", where the DNS resolver no
   longer sends the full original QNAME to the upstream name server.  It
   obsoletes RFC 7816.

   This document is part of the IETF DNSOP (DNS Operations) Working
   Group.  The source of the document, as well as a list of open issues,
   is at <https://framagit.org/bortzmeyer/rfc7816-bis>

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc7816bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc7816bis-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc7816bis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/