Subject: I-D Action: draft-hartke-core-stateless-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 01:40:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Extended Tokens and Stateless Clients in the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
        Author          : Klaus Hartke
	Filename        : draft-hartke-core-stateless-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2018-09-10

Abstract:
   This document provides considerations for alleviating CoAP clients
   and intermediaries of maintaining per-request state.  Additionally,
   it introduces a new, optional CoAP protocol extension for extended
   tokens.

   [[The present draft presents two alternative variants for extending
   CoAP with extended tokens.  Variant A makes use of the unused values
   in the TKL field of the CoAP header.  Variant B duplicates the
   functionality of the token field of the CoAP header in a new CoAP
   option, "Extended-Token".  The considerations for stateless clients
   making use of either variant are the same.]]

   This document updates RFCs 7252 and 8323 (if Variant A).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hartke-core-stateless/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hartke-core-stateless-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hartke-core-stateless-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/