Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6830bis-21.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 14:17:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : The Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP)
        Authors         : Dino Farinacci
                          Vince Fuller
                          Dave Meyer
                          Darrel Lewis
                          Albert Cabellos
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6830bis-21.txt
	Pages           : 45
	Date            : 2018-09-27

Abstract:
   This document describes the Data-Plane protocol for the Locator/ID
   Separation Protocol (LISP).  LISP defines two namespaces, End-point
   Identifiers (EIDs) that identify end-hosts and Routing Locators
   (RLOCs) that identify network attachment points.  With this, LISP
   effectively separates control from data, and allows routers to create
   overlay networks.  LISP-capable routers exchange encapsulated packets
   according to EID-to-RLOC mappings stored in a local Map-Cache.

   LISP requires no change to either host protocol stacks or to underlay
   routers and offers Traffic Engineering, multihoming and mobility,
   among other features.

   This document obsoletes RFC 6830.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6830bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6830bis-21
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6830bis-21

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6830bis-21

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/