Subject: I-D Action: draft-elkins-hrpc-ifilter-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 20:46:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Human Rights Considerations of Internet Filtering
        Authors         : Nalini Elkins
                          Barry Shein
                          Vittorio Bertola
	Filename        : draft-elkins-hrpc-ifilter-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2018-10-17

Abstract:
   This document is a survey of the filtering of content.  The focus is
   on the human rights involved as cited in the Universal Declaration of
   Human Rights" which is one of the foundational documents for HRPC.
   The recent years have seen an increase in content filtering for a
   variety of reasons including to further the aims of governments who
   wish to maintain their rule and suppress dissent but also to enforce
   cultural norms, human rights and compliance with the law.  Filters
   also exist for security (botnets, malware etc.), user-defined
   policies (parental control, corporate blocking of social networks
   during work time, etc.), spam control, upload of copyrighted material
   and other reasons. This document is based on several real world
   considerations: the existence of national and regional sovereignty,
   Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and Content Distribution Networks
   (CDNs) that provide connectivity and content hosting services, Over-
   the-top (OTTs) and Content Delivery Platforms (CDPs) that play a
   disproportionate role in capturing the attention and "eyeballs" of
   many of the users of the Internet.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-elkins-hrpc-ifilter/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-elkins-hrpc-ifilter-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-elkins-hrpc-ifilter-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/