Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-dnsop-dualstack-ecs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 11:46:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Client Dualstack Subnets in DNS Queries
        Authors         : Linjian Song
                          Weijian Liao
	Filename        : draft-song-dnsop-dualstack-ecs-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2018-10-22

Abstract:
   During the period of IPv6 transition, IP-based Geolocation (GeoIP)
   applications are identified as a challenge and speed bump for ICPs
   (Internet Content Providers) to migrating their service to IPv6.
   Some studies and operational experiences show that the accuracy of
   IPv6 GeoIP is relatively poor in comparison to their IPv4
   counterparts.  This memo proposed to include client's dualstack
   subnets into DNS queries to provide better IPv6 GeoIP.

   REMOVE BEFORE PUBLICATION: The source of the document with test
   script is currently placed at GitHub [Dualstack-ECS-GitHub].
   Comments and pull request are welcome.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-dnsop-dualstack-ecs/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-dnsop-dualstack-ecs-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-dnsop-dualstack-ecs-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/