Subject: I-D Action: draft-farrel-spring-sr-domain-interconnect-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2018 10:04:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Interconnection of Segment Routing Domains - Problem Statement and Solution Landscape
        Authors         : Adrian Farrel
                          John Drake
	Filename        : draft-farrel-spring-sr-domain-interconnect-05.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2018-10-13

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) is a forwarding paradigm for use in MPLS and
   IPv6 networks.  It is intended to be deployed in discrete domains
   that may be data centers, access networks, or other networks that are
   under the control of a single operator and that can easily be
   upgraded to support this new technology.

   Traffic originating in one SR domain often terminates in another SR
   domain, but must transit a backbone network that provides
   interconnection between those domains.

   This document describes a mechanism for providing connectivity
   between SR domains to enable end-to-end or domain-to-domain traffic
   engineering.

   The approach described allows connectivity between SR domains,
   utilizes traffic engineering mechanisms (RSVP-TE or Segment Routing)
   across the backbone network, makes heavy use of pre-existing
   technologies, and requires the specification of very few additional
   mechanisms.

   This document provides some background and a problem statement,
   explains the solution mechanism, gives references to other documents
   that define protocol mechanisms, and provides examples.  It does not
   define any new protocol mechanisms.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farrel-spring-sr-domain-interconnect/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-farrel-spring-sr-domain-interconnect-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-farrel-spring-sr-domain-interconnect-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-farrel-spring-sr-domain-interconnect-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/