Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc-17.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 08:30:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Low Power Wide-Area Networks WG of the IETF.

        Title           : LPWAN Static Context Header Compression (SCHC) and fragmentation for IPv6 and UDP
        Authors         : Ana Minaburo
                          Laurent Toutain
                          Carles Gomez
                          Dominique Barthel
                          Juan Carlos Zuniga
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc-17.txt
	Pages           : 79
	Date            : 2018-10-22

Abstract:
   This document defines the Static Context Header Compression (SCHC)
   framework, which provides both header compression and fragmentation
   functionalities.  SCHC has been designed for Low Power Wide Area
   Networks (LPWAN).

   SCHC compression is based on a common static context stored in both
   the LPWAN device and the network side.  This document defines a
   header compression mechanism and its application to compress IPv6/UDP
   headers.

   This document also specifies a fragmentation and reassembly mechanism
   that is used to support the IPv6 MTU requirement over the LPWAN
   technologies.  Fragmentation is needed for IPv6 datagrams that, after
   SCHC compression or when such compression was not possible, still
   exceed the layer-2 maximum payload size.

   The SCHC header compression and fragmentation mechanisms are
   independent of the specific LPWAN technology over which they are
   used.  This document defines generic functionalities and offers
   flexibility with regard to parameter settings and mechanism choices.
   Technology-specific and product-specific settings and choices are
   expected to be grouped into Profiles specified in other documents.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc-17
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc-17

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lpwan-ipv6-static-context-hc-17

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/