Subject: I-D Action: draft-knodel-terminology-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 03:54:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Terminology, Power and Oppressive Language
        Authors         : Mallory Knodel
                          Niels ten Oever
	Filename        : draft-knodel-terminology-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2018-10-22

Abstract:
   This document argues for and describes alternatives that shift
   specific language conventions used by RFC Authors and RFC Editors to
   avoid oppressive terminology in the technical documentation of the
   RFC series.  Specifically, this document details two sets of terms
   that are normalised on the technical level but oppressive on a
   societal level.  First, arguments are presented for why any
   oppressive terms should be avoided by the IETF/IRTF.  Second, problem
   statements for both sets of terms are presented and alternatives are
   proposed.  There is a third section on additional considerations and
   general action points to address the RFC series, past and future.
   Lastly, a summary of recommendations is presented.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-knodel-terminology/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-knodel-terminology-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-knodel-terminology-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/