Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc6220bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 04:13:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IETF Administrative Support Activity 2 WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Defining the Role and Function of IETF Protocol Parameter Registry Operators
        Authors         : Danny McPherson
                          Olaf Kolkman
                          John C Klensin
                          Geoff Huston
                          Internet Architecture Board
	Filename        : draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc6220bis-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2018-10-18

Abstract:
   Many Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) protocols make use of
   commonly defined values that are passed in messages or packets.  To
   ensure consistent interpretation of these values between independent
   implementations, there is a need to ensure that the values and
   associated semantic intent are uniquely defined.  The IETF uses
   registry functions to record assigned protocol parameter values and
   their associated semantic intentions.  For each IETF protocol
   parameter, it is current practice for the IETF to delegate the role
   of Protocol Parameter Registry Operator to a nominated entity.  This
   document provides a description of, and the requirements for, these
   delegated functions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc6220bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc6220bis-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc6220bis-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc6220bis-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/