Subject: I-D Action: draft-birkholz-rats-architecture-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 16:19:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Architecture and Reference Terminology for Remote Attestation Procedures
        Authors         : Henk Birkholz
                          Monty Wiseman
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          Ned Smith
	Filename        : draft-birkholz-rats-architecture-00.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2018-10-23

Abstract:
   Remote ATtestation ProcedureS (RATS), such as Remote Integrity
   VERification (RIVER), the creation of Entity Attestation Tokens
   (EAT), software integrity Measurement And ATtestation (MAAT), or the
   attestation of device characteristics, in general, are based on
   specific operations and qualities provided by hardware and software.
   The RATS architecture maps corresponding functions and operation
   capabilities to specific RATS roles.  The goal is to enable an
   appropriate conveyance of believable evidence about device health or
   trusted claims about device capabilities via network protocols.  The
   flows of data between these roles depend on the composition of RATS
   roles and their location with respect to devices or services.  The
   RATS architecture provides these roles as building blocks to enable
   suitable composition, while remaining hardware-agnostic.  This
   flexibility is intended to address a significant majority of use
   cases or usage scenarios in the domain of RATS.  Examples include,
   but are not limited to: financial transactions, voting machines,
   critical safety systems, network equipment health, or trustworthy
   end-user device management.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-birkholz-rats-architecture/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-birkholz-rats-architecture-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-birkholz-rats-architecture-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/