Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-opsawg-ntf-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 12:08:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Network Telemetry Framework
        Authors         : Haoyu Song
                          Tianran Zhou
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Zhenqiang Li
                          Pedro Martinez-Julia
                          Laurent Ciavaglia
                          Aijun Wang
	Filename        : draft-song-opsawg-ntf-01.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2018-10-22

Abstract:
   This document provides an architectural framework for network
   telemetry to meet the current and future network operation
   requirements.  The defining characteristics of network telemetry show
   a clear distinction from the conventional network Operations,
   Administration, and Management (OAM) concept; hence network telemetry
   requires new procedures, methods, and protocols.  This document
   clarifies the terminologies and classifies the categories and
   components of a network telemetry framework.  The requirements,
   challenges, existing solutions, and future directions are discussed
   for each category.  The network telemetry framework and the taxonomy
   help to set a common ground for the collection of related works and
   put future technique and standard developments into perspective.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-opsawg-ntf/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-opsawg-ntf-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-opsawg-ntf-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-song-opsawg-ntf-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/