Subject: I-D Action: draft-hsmit-lsr-isis-dnfm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 10:41:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IS-IS Sparse Link-State Flooding
        Authors         : Henk Smit
                          Gunter Van de Velde
	Filename        : draft-hsmit-lsr-isis-dnfm-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2018-10-22

Abstract:
   This document describes a technology extension to reduce link-state
   flooding in highly resilient dense networks.  It does this by using
   simple and backwards-compatible extensions to reduce the number of
   adjacencies over which link-state flooding takes place.

   "IS-IS Sparse Link-State Flooding" is an extension to the IS-IS
   routing protocol.

   It is relatively easy to understand and implement.  It is backwards
   compatible.  It requires no per-node configuration.  It uses a
   distributed algorithm, therefor no centralized computations are
   required.  No complex computations are required on each node in the
   network.  The algorithm has no requirements for the network topology.
   It can be deployed in a redundant way to improve robustness and
   convergence-times.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hsmit-lsr-isis-dnfm/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hsmit-lsr-isis-dnfm-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hsmit-lsr-isis-dnfm-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/