Subject: I-D Action: draft-king-teas-applicability-actn-slicing-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 14:06:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Applicability of Abstraction and Control of Traffic Engineered Networks (ACTN) to Network Slicing
        Authors         : Daniel King
                          Young Lee
	Filename        : draft-king-teas-applicability-actn-slicing-04.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2018-10-22

Abstract:
   Network abstraction is a technique that can be applied to a network
   domain to select network resources by policy to obtain a view of
   potential connectivity

   Network slicing is an approach to network operations that builds on
   the concept of network abstraction to provide programmability,
   flexibility, and modularity.  It may use techniques such as Software
   Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
   to create multiple logical (virtual) networks, each tailored for a
   set of services that are sharing the same set of requirements, on
   top of a common network.

   These logical networks are referred to as transport network slices.
   A transport network slice does not necessarily represent dedicated
   resources in the network, but does constitute a commitment by the
   network provider to provide a specific level of service.

   The Abstraction and Control of Traffic Engineered Networks (ACTN)
   defines an SDN-based architecture that relies on the concepts of
   network and service abstraction to detach network and service
   control from the underlying data plane.

   This document outlines the applicability of ACTN to transport
   network slicing in an IETF technology network.  It also identifies
   the features of network slicing not currently within the scope of
   ACTN, and indicates where ACTN might be extended.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-king-teas-applicability-actn-slicing/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-king-teas-applicability-actn-slicing-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-king-teas-applicability-actn-slicing-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-king-teas-applicability-actn-slicing-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/