Subject: I-D Action: draft-kutscher-icnrg-rice-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2018 06:36:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Remote Method Invocation in ICN
        Authors         : Michal Krol
                          Karim Habak
                          Dave Oran
                          Dirk Kutscher
                          Ioannis Psaras
	Filename        : draft-kutscher-icnrg-rice-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2018-10-01

Abstract:
   Information Centric Networking has been proposed as a new network
   layer for the Internet, capable of encompassing the full range of
   networking facilities provided by the current IP architecture.  In
   addition to the obvious content-fetching use cases which have been
   the subject of a large body of work, ICN has also shown promise as a
   substrate to effectively support remote computation, both pure
   functional programming (as exemplified by Named Function Networking)
   and more general remote invocation models such as RPC and web
   transactions.  Providing a unified remote computation capability in
   ICN presents some unique challenges, among which are timer
   management, client authorization, and binding to state held by
   servers, while maintaining the advantages of ICN protocol designs
   like CCN and NDN.  This document specifies a unified approach to
   remote method invocation in ICN that exploits the attractive ICN
   properties of name-based routing, receiver-driven flow and congestion
   control, flow balance, and object-oriented security while presenting
   a natural programming model to the application developer.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kutscher-icnrg-rice/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kutscher-icnrg-rice-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kutscher-icnrg-rice-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/