Subject: I-D Action: draft-herbert-route-fast-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 11:18:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Encoding Routing in Firewall and Service Tickets
        Author          : Tom Herbert
	Filename        : draft-herbert-route-fast-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2018-10-10

Abstract:
   This document describes a method to encode routing information in
   Firewall and Service Tickets (FAST). Encoded routing information
   provides the local routing for packets sent in either the forward or
   return paths of a flow. FAST ticket reflection at peer hosts ensures
   that the routing information is attached to packets being sent in the
   return path. When a packet with a FAST ticket containing routing
   information enters the network in which the ticket was issued, the
   ticket is parsed to extract the routing information and is forwarded
   per the information. Routing in Firewall and Service Tickets has a
   number of use cases. It can be used as a type of source routing, used
   with identifier-locator protocols to provide a locator in the return
   path, and can be used to specify a backend instance in Layer 4 load
   balancing for processing connections to a virtual IP address.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herbert-route-fast/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbert-route-fast-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-herbert-route-fast-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/