Subject: I-D Action: draft-chkim-vlc-iot-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 13:48:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Framework of Visible Light Communications in IoT Networks
        Authors         : Cheol-Min Kim
                          Seok-Joo Koh
	Filename        : draft-chkim-vlc-iot-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2018-10-18

Abstract:
   The LED-based Visible Light Communication (VLC) has been proposed as
   the IEEE 802.15.7-2011 standard and regarded as a new wireless access
   medium in IoT environment. With this trend, many works have so far
   been made to improve the performance of VLC. However, how to
   effectively integrate VLC services into IoT networks has not been
   studied enough. In this document, we propose a scheme for device
   management and data transport in IoT networks using VLC.
   Specifically, we discuss how to manage VLC transmitters and
   receivers, and to support VLC data transmission in IoT networks. The
   proposed scheme considers uni-directional VLC transmissions from
   transmitter to receivers for delivery of location-based VLC data. The
   backward transmission from VLC receivers will be made by using
   platform server and aggregation agents in the network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chkim-vlc-iot/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chkim-vlc-iot-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-chkim-vlc-iot-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/