Subject: I-D Action: draft-jarvinen-core-fasor-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 03:25:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Fast-Slow Retransmission Timeout and Congestion Control Algorithm for CoAP
        Authors         : Ilpo Jarvinen
                          Markku Kojo
                          Iivo Raitahila
                          Zhen Cao
	Filename        : draft-jarvinen-core-fasor-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2018-10-22

Abstract:
   This document specifies an alternative retransmission timeout and
   congestion control back off algorithm for the CoAP protocol, called
   Fast-Slow RTO (FASOR).

   The algorithm specified in this document employs an appropriate and
   large enough back off of Retransmission Timeout (RTO) as the major
   congestion control mechanism to allow acquiring unambiguous RTT
   samples with high probability and to prevent building a persistent
   queue when retransmitting.  The algorithm also aims to retransmit
   quickly using an accurately managed retransmission timeout when link-
   errors are occuring, basing RTO calculation on unambiguous round-trip
   time (RTT) samples.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jarvinen-core-fasor/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jarvinen-core-fasor-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-jarvinen-core-fasor-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jarvinen-core-fasor-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/