Subject: I-D Action: draft-palet-v6ops-rfc6177-bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2018 01:57:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 Address Assignment to End-Sites
        Authors         : Jordi Palet Martinez
                          Rosalea G Roberts
	Filename        : draft-palet-v6ops-rfc6177-bis-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2018-10-09

Abstract:
   The Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) policies have different views
   regarding the recommendation of the prefix to be assigned to end-
   sites.  However, all them allow up to a /48 without further
   justification and clearly state that the exact choice of how much
   address space should be assigned to end-sites is a decision of each
   operator.

   This document reviews the architectural and operational
   considerations of end-site assignments, and reiterates that
   assignment policy and guidelines belong to the RIR community.  This
   revision is being made to emphasize that IPv6 protocol evolution
   requires an ever-increasing availability of subnets at the end-site,
   so policy should reflect that assignment of a single subnet is never
   recommended.

   This document obsoletes RFC6177 (IPv6 Address Assignment to End
   Sites).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-palet-v6ops-rfc6177-bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-palet-v6ops-rfc6177-bis-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-palet-v6ops-rfc6177-bis-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-palet-v6ops-rfc6177-bis-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/