Subject: I-D Action: draft-raza-ace-cbor-certificates-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 14:38:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : CBOR Profile of X.509 Certificates
        Authors         : Shahid Raza
                          Joel Höglund
                          Göran Selander
                          John Mattsson
	Filename        : draft-raza-ace-cbor-certificates-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2018-10-22

Abstract:
   This document specifies a CBOR encoding and profiling of X.509 public
   key certificate suitable for Internet of Things (IoT) deployments.
   The full X.509 public key certificate format and commonly used ASN.1
   encoding is overly verbose for constrained IoT environments.
   Profiling together with CBOR encoding reduces the certificate size
   significantly with associated known performance benefits.

   The CBOR certificates are compatible with the existing X.509
   standard, enabling the use of profiled and compressed X.509
   certificates without modifications in the existing X.509 standard.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-raza-ace-cbor-certificates/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-raza-ace-cbor-certificates-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-raza-ace-cbor-certificates-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/