Subject: I-D Action: draft-ali-spring-bfd-sr-policy-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 15:19:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) for Segment Routing Policies for Traffic Engineering
        Authors         : Zafar Ali
                          Ketan Talaulikar
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Nagendra Kumar Nainar
                          Carlos Pignataro
	Filename        : draft-ali-spring-bfd-sr-policy-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2018-10-22

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) allows a headend node to steer a packet flow
   along any path using a segment list which is referred to as a SR
   Policy.  Intermediate per-flow states are eliminated thanks to source
   routing.  The header of a packet steered in an SR Policy is augmented
   with the ordered list of segments associated with that SR Policy.
   Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) is used to monitor different
   kinds of paths between node.  BFD mechanisms can be also used to
   monitor the availability of the path indicated by a SR Policy and to
   detect any failures.  Seamless BFD (S-BFD) extensions provide a
   simplified mechanism which is suitable for monitoring of paths that
   are setup dynamically and on a large scale.

   This document describes the use of Seamless BFD (S-BFD) mechanism to
   monitor the SR Policies that are used for Traffic Engineering (TE) in
   SR deployments.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ali-spring-bfd-sr-policy/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ali-spring-bfd-sr-policy-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ali-spring-bfd-sr-policy-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ali-spring-bfd-sr-policy-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/