Subject: I-D Action: draft-campbell-sip-messaging-smime-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 14:48:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Securing Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) based Messaging with S/MIME
        Authors         : Ben Campbell
                          Russ Housley
	Filename        : draft-campbell-sip-messaging-smime-04.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2018-10-18

Abstract:
   Mobile messaging applications used with the Session Initiation
   Protocol (SIP) commonly use some combination of the SIP MESSAGE
   method and the Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP).  While these
   provide mechanisms for hop-by-hop security, neither natively provides
   end-to-end protection.  This document offers guidance on how to
   provide end-to-end authentication, integrity protection, and
   confidentiality using the Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail
   Extensions (S/MIME).  It updates and provides clarifications for RFC
   3261, RFC 3428, and RFC 4975.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-campbell-sip-messaging-smime/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-campbell-sip-messaging-smime-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-campbell-sip-messaging-smime-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-campbell-sip-messaging-smime-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/