Subject: I-D Action: draft-marques-pep-email-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 16:02:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : pretty Easy privacy (pEp): Email Formats and Protocols
        Author          : Hernani Marques
	Filename        : draft-marques-pep-email-02.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2018-10-23

Abstract:
   The pretty Easy privacy (pEp) propositions for email are based upon
   already existing email and encryption formats (i.e., PGP/MIME) and
   designed to allow for easy implementable and interoperable
   opportunistic encryption: this ranging from key distribution to
   mechanisms of subject encryption.

   The goal of pEp for email is to automatize operations in order to
   make email encryption usable by a wider range of Internet users, to
   achieve wide application of confidentiality and privacy practices in
   the real world.

   This document defines basic operations of pEp's approach towards
   email and two PGP/MIME formats (pEp Email Format 1 and 2) to provide
   certain security guarantees.

   The proposed operations and formats are targeted to Opportunistic
   Security scenarios and are already implemented in several
   applications of pretty Easy privacy (pEp).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-marques-pep-email/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-marques-pep-email-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-marques-pep-email-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-marques-pep-email-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/