Subject: I-D Action: draft-smyslov-ipsecme-ikev2-compact-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2018 00:47:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Compact Format of IKEv2 Payloads
        Author          : Valery Smyslov
	Filename        : draft-smyslov-ipsecme-ikev2-compact-04.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2018-10-02

Abstract:
   This document describes a method for reducing the size of the
   Internet Key Exchange version 2 (IKEv2) messages by using an
   alternative format for IKE payloads.  Standard format of many IKE
   payloads contains a lot of redundancy.  This document takes advantage
   of this fact and specifies a way to eliminate some redundancy by
   using denser encoding.  Reducing size of IKEv2 messages is desirable
   for low power consumption battery powered devices.  It also helps to
   avoid IP fragmentation of IKEv2 messages.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-smyslov-ipsecme-ikev2-compact/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-smyslov-ipsecme-ikev2-compact-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-smyslov-ipsecme-ikev2-compact-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-smyslov-ipsecme-ikev2-compact-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/