Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rift-rift-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 18:31:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing In Fat Trees WG of the IETF.

        Title           : RIFT: Routing in Fat Trees
        Author          : The RIFT Team
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rift-rift-03.txt
	Pages           : 113
	Date            : 2018-10-19

Abstract:
   This document outlines a specialized, dynamic routing protocol for
   Clos and fat-tree network topologies.  The protocol (1) deals with
   fully automatied construction of fat-tree topologies based on
   detection of links, (2) minimizes the amount of routing state held at
   each level, (3) automatically prunes and load balances topology
   flooding exchanges over a sufficient subset of links, (4) supports
   automatic disaggregation of prefixes on link and node failures to
   prevent black-holing and suboptimal routing, (5) allows traffic
   steering and re-routing policies, (6) allows loop-free non-ECMP
   forwarding, (7) automatically re-balances traffic towards the spines
   based on bandwidth available and finally (8) provides mechanisms to
   synchronize a limited key-value data-store that can be used after
   protocol convergence to e.g.  bootstrap higher levels of
   functionality on nodes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rift-rift/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rift-rift-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-rift-rift-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rift-rift-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/