Subject: I-D Action: draft-garciamorchon-t2trg-automated-iot-security-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 07:29:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Automated IoT Security
        Authors         : Oscar Garcia-Morchon
                          Thorsten Dahm
	Filename        : draft-garciamorchon-t2trg-automated-iot-security-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2018-10-19

Abstract:
   The Internet of Things (IoT) concept refers to the usage of standard
   Internet protocols to allow for human-to-thing and thing-to-thing
   communication.  The security needs are well-recognized but the design
   space of IoT applications and systems is complex and exposed to
   multiple types of threats.  In particular, threats keep evolving at a
   fast pace while many IoT systems are rarely updated and still remain
   operational for decades.

   This document describes a comprehensive agile security framework to
   integrate existing security processes such as risk assessment or
   vulnerability assessment in the lifecycle of a smart object in an IoT
   application.  The core of our agile security approach relies on two
   protocols: the Protocol for Automatic Security Configuration (PASC)
   and the Protocol for Automatic Vulnerability Assessment (PAVA).  PASC
   is executed during the onboarding phase of a smart object in an IoT
   system and is in charge of automatically performing a risk assessment
   and assigning a security configuration - applicable to the device or
   the system - to defeat the identified risks.  The assigned security
   configuration fits the specific environment and threat model of the
   application in which the device has been deployed.  PAVA is executed
   during the operation of the IoT object and ensures that
   vulnerabilities in the smart object and IoT system are discovered in
   a proactive way.

   These two protocols can benefit users, manufactures and operators by
   automating IoT security.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-garciamorchon-t2trg-automated-iot-security/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-garciamorchon-t2trg-automated-iot-security-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-garciamorchon-t2trg-automated-iot-security-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-garciamorchon-t2trg-automated-iot-security-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/