Subject: I-D Action: draft-stw-6761ext-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 08:50:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Guidelines for Use of the Special Use Names Registry
        Author          : Suzanne Woolf
	Filename        : draft-stw-6761ext-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2018-10-22

Abstract:
   RFC 6761 requires that proponents document how a specific name is to
   be treated within the DNS protocol, public database, and
   administrative infrastructure, but doesn't provide any guidance to
   help the community figure out whether a particular registration is
   otherwise beneficial.  This limited guidance in RFC 6761 provides
   flexibility in a difficult area-- the use of domain names in the
   modern Internet outside of conventional DNS protocol or the public
   DNS database-- which has been useful from time to time but has also
   caused significant confusion (see RFC 8244).

   This document attempts to define guidelines for the IESG and the IETF
   community on the interpretation of RFC 6761 and the use of the
   special use names registry.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-stw-6761ext/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-stw-6761ext-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-stw-6761ext-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/