Subject: I-D Action: draft-cheng-spring-mpls-path-segment-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 18:56:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Path Segment in MPLS Based Segment Routing Network
        Authors         : Weiqiang Cheng
                          Lei Wang
                          Han Li
                          Mach(Guoyi) Chen
                          Rakesh Gandhi
                          Royi Zigler
                          Shuangping Zhan
	Filename        : draft-cheng-spring-mpls-path-segment-03.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2018-10-18

Abstract:
   A Segment Routing (SR) path is identified by an SR segment list, one
   or partial segments of the list cannot uniquely identify the SR path.
   Path identification is a pre-requisite for various use-cases such as
   performance measurement (PM) of an SR path.

   This document defines a new type of segment that is referred to as
   Path Segment, which is used to identify an SR path.  When used, it is
   inserted at the ingress node of the SR path and immediately follows
   the last segment of the SR path.  The Path Segment will not be popped
   off until it reaches the egress node of the SR path.

   Path Segment can be used by the egress node to implement path
   identification hence to support various use-cases including SR path
   PM, end-to-end 1+1 SR path protection and bidirectional SR paths
   correlation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cheng-spring-mpls-path-segment/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cheng-spring-mpls-path-segment-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-cheng-spring-mpls-path-segment-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-cheng-spring-mpls-path-segment-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/