Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-serve-stale-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 05:35:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Serving Stale Data to Improve DNS Resiliency
        Authors         : David C Lawrence
                          Warren Kumari
                          Puneet Sood
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-serve-stale-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2018-10-14

Abstract:
   This draft defines a method for recursive resolvers to use stale DNS
   data to avoid outages when authoritative nameservers cannot be
   reached to refresh expired data.  It updates the definition of TTL
   from [RFC1034] and [RFC1035] to make it clear that data can be kept
   in the cache beyond the TTL expiry and used for responses when a
   refreshed answer is not readily available.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-serve-stale/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-serve-stale-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-serve-stale-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-serve-stale-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/