Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 12:16:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained Nodes WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv6 Backbone Router
        Authors         : Pascal Thubert
                          Charles E. Perkins
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router-08.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2018-10-22

Abstract:
   Backbone Routers running IPv6 Neighbor Discovery can manage multiple
   wireless links to form a large MultiLink Subnet, but it is more
   efficient if IPv6 Neighbor Discovery packets are not broadcast over
   the wireless links.  This specification specifies proxy operations
   for IPv6 Neighbor Discovery on behalf of devices located on
   broadcast-inefficient wireless networks.  Backbone Routers placed
   along the wireless edge of the backbone handle IPv6 Neighbor
   Discovery, and route packets on behalf of registered nodes.  Wireless
   nodes register, or are registered by proxy, to a Backbone Router to
   establish proxy services in a fashion similar to layer-2 association.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6lo-backbone-router-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/