Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2018 10:36:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Export User Flow Telemetry Data by Postcard Packets
        Authors         : Haoyu Song
                          Tianran Zhou
                          Zhenbin Li
	Filename        : draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2018-10-20

Abstract:
   This document describes a proposal which allows network OAM
   applications to collect telemetry data about any user packet.  Unlike
   similar techniques such as INT and in-situ OAM, the Postcard-Based
   Telemetry (PBT) does not require inserting telemetry data into user
   packets, but directly exports the telemetry data to a collector
   through separated OAM packets called postcards.  Two variations of
   PBT are described in this document: one requires inserting an
   instruction header to user packets to guide the data collection and
   the other only marks the user packets to invoke the data collection.
   Each has its own pros and cons.  Either way, the postcards for a
   single user packet are from multiple devices and need to be
   correlated at the collector, which is a unique issue pertaining to
   PBT.  Whereas, PBT provides an alternative to INT and address several
   implementation and deployment challenges of the INT-based solutions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/