Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tls-dtls-connection-id-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 13:47:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Layer Security WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Connection Identifiers for DTLS 1.2
        Authors         : Eric Rescorla
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          Thomas Fossati
                          Tobias Gondrom
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tls-dtls-connection-id-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2018-10-22

Abstract:
   This document specifies the Connection ID construct for the Datagram
   Transport Layer Security (DTLS) protocol version 1.2.

   A Connection ID is an identifier carried in the record layer header
   that gives the recipient additional information for selecting the
   appropriate security association.  In "classical" DTLS, selecting a
   security association of an incoming DTLS record is accomplished with
   the help of the 5-tuple.  If the source IP address and/or source port
   changes during the lifetime of an ongoing DTLS session then the
   receiver will be unable to locate the correct security context.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-dtls-connection-id/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-dtls-connection-id-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tls-dtls-connection-id-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tls-dtls-connection-id-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/