Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 15:18:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IP Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments (IPWAVE): Problem Statement and Use Cases
        Author          : Jaehoon Paul Jeong
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-06.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2018-10-22

Abstract:
   This document discusses the problem statement and use cases on IP-
   based vehicular networks, which are considered a key component of
   Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS).  The main scenarios of
   vehicular communications are vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V), vehicle-to-
   infrastructure (V2I), and vehicle-to-everything (V2X) communications.
   First, this document surveys use cases using V2V, V2I, and V2X
   networking.  Second, it analyzes proposed protocols for IP-based
   vehicular networking and highlights the limitations and difficulties
   found on those protocols.  Third, it presents a problem exploration
   for key aspects in IP-based vehicular networking, such as IPv6
   Neighbor Discovery, Mobility Management, and Security & Privacy.  For
   each key aspect, this document discusses a problem statement to
   evaluate the gap between the state-of-the-art techniques and
   requirements in IP-based vehicular networking.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/