Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnssd-srp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 08:49:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Extensions for Scalable DNS Service Discovery WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Service Registration Protocol for DNS-Based Service Discovery
        Authors         : Stuart Cheshire
                          Ted Lemon
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnssd-srp-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2018-10-23

Abstract:
   The Service Registration Protocol for DNS-Based Service Discovery
   uses the standard DNS Update mechanism to enable DNS-Based Service
   Discovery using only unicast packets.  This eliminates the dependency
   on Multicast DNS as the foundation layer, which greatly improves
   scalability and improves performance on networks where multicast
   service is not an optimal choice, particularly 802.11 (Wi-Fi) and
   802.15.4 (IoT) networks.  DNS-SD Service registration uses public
   keys and SIG(0) to allow services to defend their registrations
   against attack.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnssd-srp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnssd-srp-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnssd-srp-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/