Subject: I-D Action: draft-finzi-priority-switching-scheduler-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 05:09:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Priority Switching Scheduler
        Authors         : Fred Baker
                          Anais Finzi
                          Fabrice Frances
                          Nicolas Kuhn
                          Emmanuel Lochin
                          Ahlem Mifdaoui
	Filename        : draft-finzi-priority-switching-scheduler-04.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2018-10-22

Abstract:
   We detail the implementation of a network rate scheduler based on
   both a packet-based implementation of the generalized processor
   sharing (GPS) and a strict priority policies.  This credit based
   scheduler called Priority Switching Scheduler (PSS), inherits from
   the standard Strict Priority Scheduler (SP) but dynamically changes
   the priority of one or several queues.  Usual scheduling
   architectures often combine rate schedulers with SP to implement
   DiffServ service classes.  Furthermore, usual implementations of rate
   scheduler schemes (such as WRR, DRR, ...) do not allow to efficiently
   guarantee the capacity dedicated to both AF and DF DiffServ classes
   as they mostly provide soft bounds.  This means excessive margin is
   used to ensure the capacity requested and this impacts the number of
   additional users that could be accepted in the network.  PSS allows a
   more predictable output rate per traffic class and is a one fit all
   scheme allowing to enable both SP and rate scheduling policies within
   a single algorithm.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-finzi-priority-switching-scheduler/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-finzi-priority-switching-scheduler-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-finzi-priority-switching-scheduler-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-finzi-priority-switching-scheduler-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/