Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 18:38:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Optimized Ingress Replication solution for EVPN
        Authors         : Jorge Rabadan
                          Senthil Sathappan
                          Wen Lin
                          Mukul Katiyar
                          Ali Sajassi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir-05.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2018-10-18

Abstract:
   Network Virtualization Overlay (NVO) networks using EVPN as control
   plane may use Ingress Replication (IR) or PIM (Protocol Independent
   Multicast) based trees to convey the overlay BUM traffic. PIM
   provides an efficient solution to avoid sending multiple copies of
   the same packet over the same physical link, however it may not
   always be deployed in the NVO core network. IR avoids the dependency
   on PIM in the NVO network core. While IR provides a simple multicast
   transport, some NVO networks with demanding multicast applications
   require a more efficient solution without PIM in the core. This
   document describes a solution to optimize the efficiency of IR in NVO
   networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-evpn-optimized-ir-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/