Subject: I-D Action: draft-fiebig-acme-esecacme-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 02:26:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Extended Security Considerations for the Automatic Certificate Management Environment (ESecACME)
        Authors         : Tobias Fiebig
                          Kevin Borgolte
	Filename        : draft-fiebig-acme-esecacme-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2018-10-21

Abstract:
   By now, most Public Key Infrastructure X.509 (PKIX) certificates are
   issued via the ACME protocol.  Recently, several attacks against
   domain validation (DV) have been published, including IP-use-after-
   free, (forced) on-path attacks, and attacks on protocols used for
   validation.  In general, these attacks can be mitigated by
   (selectively) requirering additional challenges, e.g., DNS
   validation, proof of prior-key-ownership, or in severe cases even
   extended validation (EV) instead of DV.  This document provides a
   list of critical cases and describes which mitigations can be used to
   reduce the threat of issuing a certificate to an unauthorized party.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fiebig-acme-esecacme/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fiebig-acme-esecacme-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-fiebig-acme-esecacme-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/