Subject: I-D Action: draft-fairhurst-udp-options-cco-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 04:25:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Checksum Compensation Options for UDP Options
        Authors         : Godred Fairhurst
                          Tom Jones
                          Raffaele Zullo
	Filename        : draft-fairhurst-udp-options-cco-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2018-10-19

Abstract:
   This document describes a robust method for calculating checksums for
   use with UDP Options.  The new method proposes an alternative
   checksum calculation for coverage of the option space.  This is based
   on the IP checksum calculation, but uses an updated pseudoheader.
   The new method only checks the option portion of a UDP packet, but
   creates a checksum that compensates for the range of IP and UDP
   chekcsum validation methods that have been deployed, in this way the
   new method enhances the proability of NAPT traversal for packets that
   carry UDP-Options.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fairhurst-udp-options-cco/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fairhurst-udp-options-cco-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-fairhurst-udp-options-cco-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/