Subject: I-D Action: draft-skr-bess-evpn-redundant-mcast-source-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 09:01:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Multicast Source Redundancy in EVPN Networks
        Authors         : Jorge Rabadan
                          Jayant Kotalwar
                          Senthil Sathappan
                          Eric C. Rosen
                          Zhaohui Zhang
                          Wen Lin
	Filename        : draft-skr-bess-evpn-redundant-mcast-source-00.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2018-10-22

Abstract:
   EVPN supports intra and inter-subnet IP multicast forwarding.
   However, EVPN (or conventional IP multicast techniques for that
   matter) do not have a solution for the case where a given multicast
   group carries more than one flow (i.e., more than one source), but
   where it is desired that each receiver gets only one of the several
   flows. Existing multicast techniques assume there are no redundant
   sources sending the same flows to the same IP multicast group, and,
   in case there were redundant sources, the receiver's application
   would deal with the received duplicated packets. This document
   extends the existing EVPN specifications and assumes that IP
   Multicast source redundancy may exist. It also assumes that, in case
   two or more sources send the same IP Multicast flows into the tenant
   domain, the EVPN PEs need to avoid that the receivers get packet
   duplication by following the described procedures.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-skr-bess-evpn-redundant-mcast-source/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-skr-bess-evpn-redundant-mcast-source-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-skr-bess-evpn-redundant-mcast-source-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/