Subject: I-D Action: draft-ao-sfc-transport-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 00:43:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SFC transport considertation
        Authors         : Ting Ao
                          Wei Wei
                          Yan Zheng
	Filename        : draft-ao-sfc-transport-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2018-10-22

Abstract:
   A Network Service Header(NSH) is imposed encapsulates a packet or a
   frame for Service Function Chaining.  The resulting packet, in turn,
   is encapsulate according to transport layer.  The NSH contains a
   Service Path Identifier (SPI) and a Service Index (SI).  The SPI is,
   as per its name, an identifier.  The SPI alone cannot be used to
   forward packets along a service path.  Rather, the SPI provides a
   level of indirection between the service path / topology and the
   network transport encapsulation.  For different transport
   encapsulations, this document provides the format information with
   transport and NSH, and gives operational constraints that transport
   technologies, used by NSH need to meet.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ao-sfc-transport/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ao-sfc-transport-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ao-sfc-transport-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/