Subject: I-D Action: draft-ladas-manet-m-cml-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 13:27:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Multipath ChaMeLeon (M-CML): A multipath hybrid routing protocol for MANETs
        Authors         : Alexandros Ladas
                          Deepak G C
                          Nuwan Weerasinghe
                          Christos Politis
	Filename        : draft-ladas-manet-m-cml-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2018-10-23

Abstract:
   This document describes the multipath ChaMeLeon (M-CML) routing
   protocol designed for Mobile Ad hoc Networks (MANETs). M-CML is a
   multi-path, hybrid routing protocol operating within a defined area
   denoted as the Critical Area (CA) in which the MANET is temporarily
   deployed during the post-disaster phase. The main concept behind M-
   CML is the adaptability of its routing mechanisms towards changes in
   the physical and logical state of a MANET. For autonomous
   communications in MANET, it is likely that the network size varies
   whenever additional devices join or subset of them leave the
   network. In addition, battery depletion of lightweight mobile
   communication devices will stipulate another reason for changes in
   the network size. As a result, the M-CML approach adapts its routing
   mechanism according to changes in the network scenario within a
   predefined CA. For small networks, M-CML routes data proactively
   using the Optimized Link State Routing version v2 (OLSRv2) protocol
   whereas for larger networks it utilizes the reactive Ad hoc On-
   Demand Distance Vector Version 2 (AODVv2) Routing protocol. The
   oscillation phase is the intermediate phase in which the transition
   of routing protocol occurs. M-CML creates multi-path routes for
   nodes with disjoint paths which increases the network reliability.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ladas-manet-m-cml/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ladas-manet-m-cml-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ladas-manet-m-cml-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/