Subject: I-D Action: draft-iqbal-spring-mpls-ping-algo-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 15:42:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : LSP Ping/Traceroute for Prefix SID in Presence of Multi-Algorithm/Multi-Topology Networks
        Authors         : Faisal Iqbal
                          Nagendra Kumar
                          Zafar Ali
                          Carlos Pignataro
	Filename        : draft-iqbal-spring-mpls-ping-algo-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2018-10-23

Abstract:
   [RFC8287] defines the extensions to MPLS LSP Ping and Traceroute for
   Segment Routing IGP-Prefix and IGP-Adjacency Segment Identifier
   (SIDs) with an MPLS data plane.  The machinery defined in [RFC8287]
   works well in single topology, single algorithm deployments where
   each Prefix SID is only associated with a single IP prefix.  In
   multi-topology networks, or networks deploying multiple algorithms
   for the same IP Prefix, MPLS echo request needs to carry additional
   information in the Target FEC Stack sub-TLVs to properly validate IGP
   Prefix SID.

   This document updates [RFC8287] by modifying IPv4 and IPv6 IGP-Prefix
   Segment ID FEC sub-TLVs to also include algorithm identification
   while maintaining backwards compatibility.  This document also
   introduces new Target FEC Stack sub-TLVs for Prefix SID validation in
   multi-topology networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iqbal-spring-mpls-ping-algo/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iqbal-spring-mpls-ping-algo-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-iqbal-spring-mpls-ping-algo-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-iqbal-spring-mpls-ping-algo-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/