Subject: I-D Action: draft-venaas-bier-pfm-sd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 15:10:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PIM Flooding Mechanism and Source Discovery for BIER
        Authors         : Stig Venaas
                          IJsbrand Wijnands
                          Mankamana Mishra
                          Mahesh Sivakumar
	Filename        : draft-venaas-bier-pfm-sd-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2018-10-22

Abstract:
   PIM Flooding Mechanism and Source Discovery (PFM-SD) is a mechanism
   for source discovery within a PIM domain.  PIM signaling over BIER
   has been defined, allowing for BIER to interoperate with PIM.  This
   document defines PFM-SD over BIER, such that PFM-SD can be used by
   PIM in a PIM domain to discover sources that are reachable via BIER.
   Also, this document provides PFM-SD extensions to discover the BIER
   ingress router closest to the source.  This can be used by BIER
   overlays, such as PIM signaling over BIER, to determine which router
   to signal.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-venaas-bier-pfm-sd/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-venaas-bier-pfm-sd-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-venaas-bier-pfm-sd-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/