Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bier-te-arch-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 08:20:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Bit Indexed Explicit Replication WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Traffic Engineering for Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER-TE)
        Authors         : Toerless Eckert
                          Gregory Cauchie
                          Wolfgang Braun
                          Michael Menth
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bier-te-arch-01.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2018-10-23

Abstract:
   This document proposes an architecture for BIER-TE: Traffic
   Engineering for Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER).

   BIER-TE shares part of its architecture with BIER as described in
   [RFC8279].  It also proposes to share the packet format with BIER.

   BIER-TE forwards and replicates packets like BIER based on a
   BitString in the packet header but it does not require an IGP.  It
   does support traffic engineering by explicit hop-by-hop forwarding
   and loose hop forwarding of packets.  It does support Fast ReRoute
   (FRR) for link and node protection and incremental deployment.
   Because BIER-TE like BIER operates without explicit in-network tree-
   building but also supports traffic engineering, it is more similar to
   SR than RSVP-TE.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-te-arch/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bier-te-arch-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bier-te-arch-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bier-te-arch-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/