Subject: I-D Action: draft-kaiser-dnssd-bloomfilter-hints-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 09:46:17 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Efficient Hinting for Privacy Preserving DNS-SD using Bloomfilters
        Author          : Daniel Kaiser
	Filename        : draft-kaiser-dnssd-bloomfilter-hints-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2018-11-16

Abstract:
   While DNS-SD over mDNS significantly improves the convenience of
   network configuration, parts of the published information may
   seriously breach the users' privacy.  Currently discussed privacy
   extensions either are not efficient in terms of multicast messages
   sent, reduce privacy and complicate key revocation by introducing an
   1:m pairing system, or use trial encryptions which are inefficient in
   terms of necessary computational power.

   The method proposed in this document leverages Bloomfilters to
   significantly reduce the number of multicast (public) messages for a
   DNS-SD privacy extension based on an 1:1 pairing mechanism.  This
   allows keeping the advantages of both an 1:1 pairing system and a
   hinting system that does not require trial encryptions, while
   mitigating the main disadvantage: multicast messages sent.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kaiser-dnssd-bloomfilter-hints/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kaiser-dnssd-bloomfilter-hints-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kaiser-dnssd-bloomfilter-hints-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/