Subject: I-D Action: draft-pwid-urn-specification-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2018 04:21:28 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Persistent Web IDentifier (PWID) URN Namespace
        Author          : Eld Maj-Britt Olmuetz Zierau
	Filename        : draft-pwid-urn-specification-04.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2018-11-04

Abstract:
   This document specifies a Uniform Resource Name (URN) for Persistent
   Web IDentifiers to web material in web archives using the 'pwid'
   namespace identifier.

   The main purpose of the standard is to support specification of
   references that are not covered by other reference techniques: to
   support references to material in web archives with restricted
   access.  Furthermore, it supports persistent technology agnostic
   references to web archives in general, in a form that can work as an
   algorithmic basis for finding web archive resources in general.  An
   additional important benefit is that it can be used in specifying web
   collections, which then can form a persistent computational basis for
   the extract of the archived collection parts.  Since the parts can be
   specified generally, this further allow collections to be specified
   with elements from one or more web archives.

   The PWID is designed for researchers and therefore it is designed as
   general, global, sustainable, humanly readable, technology agnostic,
   persistent and precise web references for web materials in web
   archives.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pwid-urn-specification/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pwid-urn-specification-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-pwid-urn-specification-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-pwid-urn-specification-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/