Subject: I-D Action: draft-heitz-idr-msdc-fabric-autoconf-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2018 00:37:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Automatic discovery and configuration of the network fabric in Massive Scale Data Centers
        Authors         : Jakob Heitz
                          Kausik Majumdar
                          Acee Lindem
	Filename        : draft-heitz-idr-msdc-fabric-autoconf-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2018-11-04

Abstract:
   A switching fabric in a massive scale data center can comprise many
   10,000's of switches and 100,000's of IP hosts.  To connect and
   configure a network of such size needs automation to avoid errors.
   Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP) protocols exist.  These can configure
   IP devices that are reachable by the ZTP agents.  A method to combine
   BGP, DHCPv6 and SRv6 with ZTP that can be used to discover and
   configure an entire network of devices is described.  It is designed
   to scale well, because each networked device is not required to know
   about more than its directly connected neighborhood.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-heitz-idr-msdc-fabric-autoconf/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-heitz-idr-msdc-fabric-autoconf-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-heitz-idr-msdc-fabric-autoconf-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-heitz-idr-msdc-fabric-autoconf-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/