Subject: I-D Action: draft-moreno-lisp-uberlay-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2018 05:26:46 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Uberlay Interconnection of Multiple LISP overlays
        Authors         : Victor Moreno
                          Dino Farinacci
                          Alberto Rodriguez-Natal
                          Marc Portoles-Comeras
                          Fabio Maino
                          Sanjay Hooda
                          Satish Kondalam
	Filename        : draft-moreno-lisp-uberlay-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2018-11-04

Abstract:
   This document describes the use of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol
   (LISP) to create multiple independent and survivable network overlays
   that are interconnected by a transit overlay.  The transit overlay is
   referred to as the "uberlay" and provides connectivity and control
   plane abstraction between overlays.  Structuring the network into
   multiple network overlays allows each overlay to scale independently.
   The different network overlays are autonomous from a control and data
   plane perspective to enable failure survivability across overlays.
   The hierarchical structure of the multi-overlay network
   interconnected by an uberlay provides optimizations to the forwarding
   of unicast traffic as well as the replication of multicast traffic in
   both the overlay and underlay.  This document specifies the
   mechanisms and procedures for the distribution of control plane
   information across overlay sites and in the uberlay as well as the
   lookup and forwarding procedures for unicast and multicast traffic
   within and across overlays.  The specification also defines the
   procedures to support inter-overlay mobility of EIDs and their
   integration with the intra-overlay EID mobility procedures defined in
   draft-ietf-lisp-eid-mobility.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moreno-lisp-uberlay/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moreno-lisp-uberlay-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-moreno-lisp-uberlay-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/