Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 01:11:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Softwire Provisioning using DHCPv4 Over DHCPv6
        Authors         : Ian Farrer
                          Qi Sun
                          Yong Cui
                          Linhui Sun
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt-08.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2018-11-12

Abstract:
   DHCPv4 over DHCPv6 (RFC7341) is a mechanism for dynamically
   configuring IPv4 for use as an over-the-top service in a IPv6-only
   network.  Softwires are an example of such a service.  For DHCPv4
   over DHCPv6 (DHCP 4o6) to function with some IPv4-over-IPv6 softwire
   mechanisms and deployment scenarios (e.g., RFC7596 or RFC7597), the
   operator needs to know the IPv6 address that the client will use as
   the source of IPv4-in-IPv6 softwire tunnel.  This address, in
   conjunction with the client's IPv4 address, and (in some deployments)
   the Port Set ID are used to create a binding table entry in the
   operator's softwire tunnel concentrator.  This memo defines a DHCPv6
   option to convey IPv6 parameters for establishing the softwire tunnel
   and a DHCPv4 option (to be used only with DHCP 4o6) to communicate
   the source tunnel IPv6 address between the DHCP 4o6 client and
   server.  It is designed to work in conjunction with the IPv4 address
   allocation process.

   DHCPv6 Options for Configuration of Softwire Address and Port-Mapped
   Clients (RFC7598) describes a deterministic DHCPv6 based mechanism
   for provisioning softwires.  This document updates "DHCPv6 Options
   for Configuration of Softwire Address and Port-Mapped Clients"
   (RFC7598), allowing OPTION_S46_BR (90) to be enumerated in the DHCPv6
   client's Option Request Option (ORO) request and appear directly
   within subsequent messages sent by the DHCPv6 server.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp4o6-saddr-opt-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/