Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-bgp-community-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 22:46:22 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operations and Management Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Export BGP community information in IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX)
        Authors         : Zhenqiang Li
                          Rong Gu
                          Jie Dong
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-bgp-community-11.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2018-11-25

Abstract:
   By introducing new Information Elements (IEs), this draft extends the
   existing BGP-related IEs to enable IPFIX [RFC7011] to export BGP
   community information, including BGP standard communities [RFC1997],
   BGP extended communities [RFC4360], and BGP large communities
   [RFC8092].  Network traffic information can then be accumulated and
   analyzed at the BGP community granularity, which represents the
   traffic of different kinds of customers, services, or geographical
   regions according to the network operator's BGP community planning.
   Network traffic information at the BGP community granularity is
   useful for network traffic analysis and engineering.

   To clarify, no new BGP community attribute is defined in this
   document and this document does not replace BGP Monitoring Protocol
   (BMP) defined in RFC7854.  The IEs introduced in this document are
   used by IPFIX, together with other IEs, to facilitate the IPFIX
   Collector analyzing network traffic at the BGP community granularity
   without needing to run the heavy BGP itself.  When needed, the IPFIX
   Mediator or Collector can use the IEs introduced in this document to
   report the BGP community-related traffic flow information it gets
   either from Exporters or through local correlation to other IPFIX
   devices.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-bgp-community/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-bgp-community-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-bgp-community-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-opsawg-ipfix-bgp-community-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/