Subject: I-D Action: draft-elkschul-conflict-problem-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2018 19:13:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Conflict Resolution within a Working Group: Problem Statement
        Authors         : Nalini Elkins
                          Henning Schulzrinne
	Filename        : draft-elkschul-conflict-problem-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2018-11-07

Abstract:
   At the IETF, we currently use a set of methods to communicate a point
   of view, to solicit input, to resolve conflict and attempt to obtain
   consensus within the group.  These methods include: writing an
   Internet Draft, discussion on email lists, discussion at face-to-
   face, interim or virtual meetings, and design teams.  At times, these
   methods fall short.  People become entrenched in their positions.  A
   Working Group may be split 80-20 or 70-30 for a prolonged period.
   This wastes time and energy and may have a lasting impact.  This
   document discusses the benefits and drawbacks of each of the current
   methods of communication focusing solely on their efficacy at
   conflict resolution.   A companion document will propose some
   solutions including alternative methods of conflict resolution.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-elkschul-conflict-problem/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-elkschul-conflict-problem-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-elkschul-conflict-problem-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/