Subject: I-D Action: draft-xu-savi-transition-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2018 23:36:13 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A General Framework of Source Address Validation and Traceback for IPv4/IPv6 Transition Scenarios
        Authors         : Ke Xu
                          Guangwu Hu
                          Jun Bi
                          Mingwei Xu
                          Fan Shi
	Filename        : draft-xu-savi-transition-14.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2018-11-05

Abstract:
   SAVI (Source Address Validation Improvement) is an excellent
   mechanism for anti-IP-spoofing, which was advocated by IETF but only
   focused on single-stack or simple network scenarios right now. To the
   best of our knowledge, existing studies have not paid attention to
   the IPv4/IPv6 transition scenarios. However, since IPv4/IPv6
   transition schemes are plenty and various, one solution cannot meet
   all requirements of them. In this draft, we present a SAVI-based
   general framework for IP source address validation and traceback in
   the IPv4/IPv6 transition scenarios, which achieve this by extracting
   out essential and mutual properties from these schemes, and forming
   sub-solutions for each property. When one transition scheme is
   composed from various properties, its IP source address validation
   and traceback solution is directly comprised by the corresponding
   sub-solutions. Thus, the most exciting advantage of this framework is
   that it is a once-and-for-all solution no matter how transition
   schemes change. Till now, this proposal was approved by China
   Communications Standards Association (CCSA), and we will actively
   promote it to apply real network scenarios.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xu-savi-transition/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xu-savi-transition-14
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-xu-savi-transition-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-xu-savi-transition-14

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/