Subject: I-D Action: draft-naveen-slaac-prefix-management-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2018 16:44:48 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 Stateless Prefix Management
        Author          : Naveen Kottapalli
	Filename        : draft-naveen-slaac-prefix-management-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2018-11-06

Abstract:
   The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) provides a
   provision for the hosts to request for a specific IPv6 address and
   manage the same, whereas the StateLess Address AutoConfiguration
   (SLAAC) doesn't have such a provision.  Also, unavailability of
   DHCPv6 across all OS platforms has limited the IPv6 nodes to not use
   features like soliciting a prefix of desired length and lifetime,
   renewing, releasing / declining a prefix, etc.  This document
   proposes IPv6ND extensions for enabling SLAAC devices to solicit
   prefix information as a hint PIO in RS and other methods like
   renewing or releasing or declining a prefix without introducing any
   new ICMPv6 message or option types.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-naveen-slaac-prefix-management/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-naveen-slaac-prefix-management-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-naveen-slaac-prefix-management-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/