Subject: I-D Action: draft-dhanaraj-bier-isis-non-mpls-extensions-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 09:51:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ISIS Extensions for BIER in Non-MPLS Networks
        Authors         : Senthil Dhanaraj
                          IJsbrand Wijnands
                          Peter Psenak
                          Gang Yan
                          Jingrong Xie
	Filename        : draft-dhanaraj-bier-isis-non-mpls-extensions-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2018-11-23

Abstract:
   Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER) [RFC8279] is an architecture
   that provides multicast forwarding through a "BIER domain" without
   requiring intermediate routers to maintain multicast related per-flow
   state.  BIER can be supported in MPLS and non-MPLS networks.  The
   common BIER header format and encapsulation for MPLS and non-MPLS
   networks is specified in [RFC8296].

   BIER in Ethernet encapsulation is an example of BIER encapsulation in
   non-MPLS networks.

   [RFC8401] specifies the required extensions to the IS-IS [RFC1195]
   protocol for the distribution of BIER sub-domain information
   including the Sub-sub-TLV required to support BIER in MPLS
   encapsulation for MPLS networks.

   This document specifies the required extensions to the IS-IS
   [RFC1195] protocol for supporting BIER in non-MPLS networks using
   BIER in Ethernet encapsulation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dhanaraj-bier-isis-non-mpls-extensions/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dhanaraj-bier-isis-non-mpls-extensions-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dhanaraj-bier-isis-non-mpls-extensions-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/