Subject: I-D Action: draft-jeong-ipwave-vehicular-neighbor-discovery-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2018 09:12:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 Neighbor Discovery for IP-Based Vehicular Networks
        Authors         : Jaehoon Paul Jeong
                          Yiwen Chris Shen
                          Zhong Xiang
	Filename        : draft-jeong-ipwave-vehicular-neighbor-discovery-05.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2018-11-08

Abstract:
   This document specifies a Vehicular Neighbor Discovery (VND) as an
   extension of IPv6 Neighbor Discovery (ND) for IP-based vehicular
   networks.  An optimized Address Registration and a multihop Duplicate
   Address Detection (DAD) mechanism are established for both operation
   efficiency and the saving of wireless bandwidth and vehicle energy.
   Also, the three new ND options for prefix discovery, service
   discovery, and mobility information report are used to announce the
   network prefixes and services inside a vehicle (i.e., a vehicle's
   internal network).  Finally, a mobility management scheme is proposed
   for moving vehicles in vehicular environments to support seamless
   communication for the continuity of transport-layer sessions (e.g.,
   TCP connections).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jeong-ipwave-vehicular-neighbor-discovery/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jeong-ipwave-vehicular-neighbor-discovery-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-jeong-ipwave-vehicular-neighbor-discovery-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jeong-ipwave-vehicular-neighbor-discovery-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/