Subject: I-D Action: draft-kucherawy-httpbis-dict-sec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2018 20:50:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Security Considerations Regarding Compression Dictionaries
        Author          : Murray S. Kucherawy
	Filename        : draft-kucherawy-httpbis-dict-sec-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2018-11-05

Abstract:
   Data compression algorithms benefit from blocks of tuning data called
   "dictionaries".  These can greatly improve data compression speed
   and/or ratios, but their use and application has numerous potential
   security issues of concern to the communities using them.  This
   document enumerates security issues known about compression
   dictionaries at the time of publication so that future proposals for
   use of dictionaries can benefit from this collected material.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-httpbis-dict-sec/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kucherawy-httpbis-dict-sec-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kucherawy-httpbis-dict-sec-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/