Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-expl-track-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 08:27:08 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the BGP Enabled ServiceS WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Explicit Tracking with Wild Card Routes in Multicast VPN
        Authors         : Andrew Dolganow
                          Jayant Kotalwar
                          Eric C. Rosen
                          Zhaohui Zhang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-expl-track-13.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2018-11-28

Abstract:
   The Multicast VPN (MVPN) specifications provide procedures to allow a
   multicast ingress node to invoke "explicit tracking" for a multicast
   flow or set of flows, thus learning the egress nodes for that flow or
   set of flows.  However, the specifications are not completely clear
   about how the explicit tracking procedures work in certain scenarios.
   This document provides the necessary clarifications.  It also
   specifies a new, optimized explicit tracking procedure.  This new
   procedure allows an ingress node, by sending a single message, to
   request explicit tracking of each of a set of flows, where the set of
   flows is specified using a wildcard mechanism.  This document updates
   RFCs 6514, 6625, 7524, 7582, and 7900.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-expl-track/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-expl-track-13
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-expl-track-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bess-mvpn-expl-track-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/