Subject: I-D Action: draft-contreras-layered-sdn-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2018 06:26:47 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Cooperating Layered Architecture for Software Defined Networking (CLAS)
        Authors         : Luis M. Contreras
                          Carlos J. Bernardos
                          Diego R. Lopez
                          Mohamed Boucadair
                          Paola Iovanna
	Filename        : draft-contreras-layered-sdn-03.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2018-11-22

Abstract:
   Software Defined Networking adheres to the separation of the control
   plane from the data plane in the network nodes and its logical
   centralization on one or a set of control entities.  Most of the
   network and/or sevice intelligence is moved to these control
   entities.  Typically, such entity is seen as a compendium of
   interacting control functions in a vertical, tight integrated
   fashion.  The relocation of the control functions from a number of
   distributed network nodes to a logical central entity conceptually
   places together a number of control capabilities with different
   purposes.  As a consequence, the existing solutions do not provide a
   clear separation between transport control and services that relies
   upon transport capabilities.

   This document describes an approach named Cooperating Layered
   Architecture for Software Defined Networking.  The idea behind that
   is to differentiate the control functions associated to transport
   from those related to services, in such a way that they can be
   provided and maintained independently, and can follow their own
   evolution path.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-contreras-layered-sdn/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-contreras-layered-sdn-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-contreras-layered-sdn-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-contreras-layered-sdn-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/