Subject: I-D Action: draft-xie-v6ops-network-happyeyeballs-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 23:26:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Network-side Happy Eyeballs based on accurate IPv6 measurement
        Authors         : Chongfeng Xie
                          Linjian Song
                          Jordi Palet Martinez
	Filename        : draft-xie-v6ops-network-happyeyeballs-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2018-11-25

Abstract:
   During the period of IPv6 transition, both ISPs and ICPs (Internet
   Content Providers) care about user's experience in dual-stack
   networks.  They hesitate to provide IPv6 to their users due to the
   fear of poor IPv6 performance.  Network-based Happy Eyeballs (NHE) is
   proposed in this memo as an approach to facilitate ISPs to identify
   IPv6 connectivity issues and provide better connectivity to end
   users.  NHE does accurate measurements and comparison on IPv6/IPv4
   performance on the network side compared with client-side as in Happy
   Eyeballs v2 (HEv2) [RFC8305].  It works independently with client's
   adoption of HEv2 and both coexist without conflicting.

   REMOVE BEFORE PUBLICATION: The source of the document with test
   script is currently placed at GitHub [NHE-GitHub].  Comments and pull
   request are welcome.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xie-v6ops-network-happyeyeballs/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xie-v6ops-network-happyeyeballs-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-xie-v6ops-network-happyeyeballs-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-xie-v6ops-network-happyeyeballs-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/