Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-fix-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2018 13:25:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DNS Attrleaf Changes: Fixing Specifications with Underscored Node Name Use
        Author          : Dave Crocker
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-fix-06.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2018-11-03

Abstract:
   Original uses of an underscore character as a domain node name
   prefix, which creates a space for constrained interpretation of
   resource records, were specified without the benefit of an IANA
   registry.  This produced an entirely uncoordinated set of name-
   creation activities, all drawing from the same namespace.  A registry
   now has been defined.  However the existing specifications that use
   underscore naming need to be modified, to be in line with the new
   registry.  This document specifies those changes.  The changes
   preserve existing software and operational practice, while adapting
   the specifications for those practices to the newer underscore
   registry model.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-fix/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-fix-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-fix-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-fix-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/