Subject: I-D Action: draft-xiang-ipwave-vehicular-neighbor-discovery-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2018 19:59:27 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 Neighbor Discovery for IP-Based Vehicular Networks
        Authors         : Zhong Xiang
                          Jaehoon Paul Jeong
                          Yiwen Chris Shen
	Filename        : draft-xiang-ipwave-vehicular-neighbor-discovery-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2018-11-04

Abstract:
   This document specifies a Vehicular Neighbor Discovery (VND) as an
   extension of IPv6 Neighbor Discovery (ND) for IP-based vehicular
   networks.  An optimized Address Registration and a multihop Duplicate
   Address Detection (DAD) mechanism are established for both operation
   efficiency and the saving of wireless bandwidth and vehicle energy.
   Also, the two new ND options for a rapid prefix and service discovery
   are used to announce the network prefixes and services inside a
   vehicle (i.e., a vehicle's internal network).  Finally, a mobility
   management scheme is proposed for moving vehicles in vehicular
   environments to support seamless communication for the continuity of
   transport-layer sessions (e.g., TCP connections).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xiang-ipwave-vehicular-neighbor-discovery/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xiang-ipwave-vehicular-neighbor-discovery-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-xiang-ipwave-vehicular-neighbor-discovery-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/