Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-pce-controlled-id-space-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 01:58:14 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PCE Controlled ID Space
        Authors         : Cheng Li
                          Mach(Guoyi) Chen
                          Jie Dong
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Aijun Wang
	Filename        : draft-li-pce-controlled-id-space-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2018-12-18

Abstract:
   The Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) provides
   mechanisms for Path Computation Elements (PCEs) to perform path
   computations in response to Path Computation Clients (PCCs) requests.
   The Stateful PCE extensions allow stateful control of Multiprotocol
   Label Switching (MPLS) Traffic Engineering (TE) Label Switched Paths
   (LSPs) using PCEP.  Furthermore, PCEP can be used for computing paths
   in SR networks.

   Stateful PCE provide active control of MPLS-TE LSPs via PCEP, for a
   model where the PCC delegates control over one or more locally
   configured LSPs to the PCE.  Further, stateful PCE could also create
   and delete PCE-initiated LSPs itself.  A PCE-based central controller
   (PCECC) simplify the processing of a distributed control plane by
   blending it with elements of Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and
   without necessarily completely replacing it.

   In some use cases, such as PCECC, Binding Segment Identifier (SID)
   for Segment Routing (SR), there are requirements for a stateful PCE
   to make allocation of labels, SIDs, etc.  These use cases require for
   a PCE to be aware of the various identifier space from which to make
   allocations on behalf of PCC.  This documents specify a mechanism for
   a PCC to inform the PCE of the identifier space under its control via
   PCEP.  The identifier could be MPLS label, SID or another future
   identifier to be allocated by a PCE.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-pce-controlled-id-space/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-pce-controlled-id-space-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-pce-controlled-id-space-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-li-pce-controlled-id-space-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/