Subject: I-D Action: draft-dm-net2cloud-problem-statement-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 16:12:19 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Seamless Interconnect Underlay to Cloud Overlay Problem Statement
        Authors         : Linda Dunbar
                          Andrew G. Malis
                          Christian Jacquenet
                          Mehmet Toy
	Filename        : draft-dm-net2cloud-problem-statement-04.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2018-12-14

Abstract:
   This document describes the problems of enterprises face today in
   connecting their branch offices to dynamic workloads in third party
   data centers (a.k.a. Cloud DCs).

   It examines some of the approaches for interconnecting workloads &
   applications hosted in cloud DCs with enterprises' on-premises DCs &
   branch offices. This document also describes some of the (network)
   problems that many enterprises face when they have workloads &
   applications & data split among hybrid data centers, especially for
   those enterprises with multiple sites that are already
   interconnected by VPNs (e.g. MPLS L2VPN/L3VPN) and leased lines.

   Current operational problems in the field are examined to determine
   whether there is a need for enhancements to existing protocols or
   whether a new protocol is necessary to solve them.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dm-net2cloud-problem-statement/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dm-net2cloud-problem-statement-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dm-net2cloud-problem-statement-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dm-net2cloud-problem-statement-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/