Subject: I-D Action: draft-lencse-tsvwg-mpt-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 05:43:47 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : MPT Network Layer Multipath Library
        Authors         : Gabor Lencse
                          Szabolcs Szilagyi
                          Ferenc Fejes
                          Marius Georgescu
	Filename        : draft-lencse-tsvwg-mpt-03.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2018-12-10

Abstract:
   Although several contemporary IT devices have multiple network
   interfaces, communication sessions are restricted to use only one of
   them at a time due to the design of the TCP/IP protocol stack: the
   communication endpoint is identified by an IP address and a TCP or
   UDP port number. The simultaneous use of these multiple interfaces
   for a communication session would improve user experience through
   higher throughput and improved resilience to network failures.

   MPT is a network layer multipath solution, which provides a tunnel
   over multiple paths using the GRE-in-UDP specification, thus being
   different from both MPTCP and Huawei's GRE Tunnel Bonding Protocol.

   MPT can also be used as a router, routing the packets among several
   networks between the tunnel endpoints, thus establishing a multipath
   site-to-site connection.

   The version of tunnel IP and the version of path IP are independent
   from each other, therefore MPT can also be used for IPv6 transition
   purposes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lencse-tsvwg-mpt/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lencse-tsvwg-mpt-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lencse-tsvwg-mpt-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lencse-tsvwg-mpt-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/