Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-detnet-architecture-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 07:46:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Deterministic Networking WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Deterministic Networking Architecture
        Authors         : Norman Finn
                          Pascal Thubert
                          Balázs Varga
                          János Farkas
	Filename        : draft-ietf-detnet-architecture-10.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2018-12-19

Abstract:
   This document provides the overall architecture for Deterministic
   Networking (DetNet), which provides a capability to carry specified
   unicast or multicast data flows for real-time applications with
   extremely low data loss rates and bounded latency within a network
   domain.  Techniques used include: 1) reserving data plane resources
   for individual (or aggregated) DetNet flows in some or all of the
   intermediate nodes along the path of the flow; 2) providing explicit
   routes for DetNet flows that do not immediately change with the
   network topology; and 3) distributing data from DetNet flow packets
   over time and/or space to ensure delivery of each packet's data in
   spite of the loss of a path.  DetNet operates at the IP layer and
   delivers service over sub-network technologies such as MPLS and IEEE
   802.1 Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-architecture/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-detnet-architecture-10
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-detnet-architecture-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-detnet-architecture-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/