Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 15:58:41 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Postcard-based In-band Flow Data Telemetry
        Authors         : Haoyu Song
                          Tianran Zhou
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Jongyoon Shin
	Filename        : draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2018-12-11

Abstract:
   The Postcard-Based Telemetry (PBT) allows network OAM applications to
   collect telemetry data about any user packet.  Unlike similar
   techniques such as in-situ OAM (IOAM), PBT does not require user
   packets to carry the telemetry data, but directly exports the
   telemetry data from the data collecting node to a collector through
   separated OAM packets called postcards.  Two variations of PBT are
   described: one requires inserting an instruction header to user
   packets to guide the data collection and the other only marks the
   user packets or configure the flow filter to invoke the data
   collection.  PBT provides an alternative to IOAM and address several
   implementation and deployment challenges of it.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/