Subject: I-D Action: draft-troan-6man-universal-ra-option-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 02:11:46 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Universal IPv6 Router Advertisement Option (experiment)
        Author          : Ole Troan
	Filename        : draft-troan-6man-universal-ra-option-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2018-12-17

Abstract:
   The intentions for the IPv6 host configuration design, was to
   configure the core network layer parameters with IPv6 ND, and use
   service discovery for other configuration parameters.  Unfortunately
   that hasn't panned out as planned, and we are in a situation where
   all kinds of configuration options are requested in RAs and in DHCP.
   This document proposes an a new universal option, formatted in JSON.
   The list of elements are maintained in an IANA registry, with greatly
   relaxed rules for registration.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-troan-6man-universal-ra-option/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-troan-6man-universal-ra-option-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-troan-6man-universal-ra-option-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/