Subject: I-D Action: draft-liu-bess-evpn-mcast-bw-quantity-df-election-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2018 17:51:36 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Multicast DF Election for EVPN Based on bandwidth or quantity
        Authors         : Yisong Liu
                          Mike McBride
	Filename        : draft-liu-bess-evpn-mcast-bw-quantity-df-election-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2018-12-09

Abstract:
   Ethernet Virtual Private Network (EVPN, RFC7432) is becoming
   prevalent in Data Centers, Data Center Interconnect (DCI) and Service
   Provider VPN applications. When multi-homing from a CE to multiple
   PEs, including links in an EVPN instance on a given Ethernet Segment,
   in an all-active redundancy mode, [RFC7432] describes a basic
   mechanism to elect a Designated Forwarder (DF), and [I-D.ietf-bess-
   evpn-df-election-framework] improves basic DF election by a HRW
   algorithm. [I-D.ietf-bess-evpn-per-mcast-flow-df-election] enhances
   the HRW algorithm for the multicast flows to perform DF election at
   the granularity of (ESI, VLAN, Mcast flow). This document specifies a
   new algorithm, based on multicast bandwidth utilization and multicast
   state quantity, in order for the multicast flows to elect a DF.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-liu-bess-evpn-mcast-bw-quantity-df-election/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-liu-bess-evpn-mcast-bw-quantity-df-election-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-liu-bess-evpn-mcast-bw-quantity-df-election-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/