Subject: I-D Action: draft-faltstrom-unicode11-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2018 11:04:14 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IDNA2008 and Unicode 11.0.0
        Author          : Patrik Faltstrom
	Filename        : draft-faltstrom-unicode11-06.txt
	Pages           : 79
	Date            : 2018-12-09

Abstract:
   This document describes the changes between Unicode 6.3.0 and Unicode
   11.0.0 in the context of IDNA2008.  It further suggests a path
   forward for the IETF to ensure IDNA2008 follows the evolution of the
   Unicode Standard.

   Some changes have been made in the Unicode Standard related to the
   algorithm IDNA2008 specifies.  IDNA2008 allows adding exceptions to
   the algorithm for backward compatibility; however, this document
   makes no such changes.  Thus this document requests that IANA update
   the tables to Unicode 11.

   The document also recomments that all DNS registries continue the
   practice of calculating a repertoire using conservatism and inclusion
   principles.

   TO BE REMOVED AT TIME OF PUBLICATION AS AN RFC:

   This document is discussed on the [email-masked] mailing list of the
   IETF.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-faltstrom-unicode11/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-faltstrom-unicode11-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-faltstrom-unicode11-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-faltstrom-unicode11-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/