Subject: I-D Action: draft-farmer-6man-routing-64-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 12:56:17 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 Routing and its Relationship to the 64-bit Boundary in the IPv6 Addressing Architecture
        Author          : David Farmer
	Filename        : draft-farmer-6man-routing-64-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2018-12-30

Abstract:
   There is a common misconception that the IPv6 Addressing Architecture
   requires the use of only /64 subnet prefixes for subnet routing.
   This document clarifies the characterization of the relationship
   between IPv6 routing and the 64-bit boundary, which is that of a
   recommendation for the use of /64 subnet prefixes for subnet routing
   in most circumstances, not a requirement for such.  To further
   clarify the relationship, the document also provides operational
   guidance for the configuration of subnet prefixes and updates
   RFC 4291 accordingly.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farmer-6man-routing-64/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-farmer-6man-routing-64-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-farmer-6man-routing-64-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-farmer-6man-routing-64-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/