Subject: I-D Action: draft-troan-6man-universal-ra-option-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2018 12:22:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Universal IPv6 Router Advertisement Option (experiment)
        Author          : Ole Troan
	Filename        : draft-troan-6man-universal-ra-option-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2018-12-28

Abstract:
   One of the original intentions for the IPv6 host configuration, was
   to configure the network-layer parameters only with IPv6 ND, and use
   service discovery for other configuration information.  Unfortunately
   that hasn't panned out quite as planned, and we are in a situation
   where all kinds of configuration options are added to RAs and DHCP.
   This document proposes a new universal RA option in a self-describing
   data format, with the list of elements maintained in an IANA
   registry, with greatly relaxed rules for registration.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-troan-6man-universal-ra-option/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-troan-6man-universal-ra-option-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-troan-6man-universal-ra-option-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-troan-6man-universal-ra-option-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/