Subject: I-D Action: draft-ginsberg-lsr-isis-invalid-tlv-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 09:02:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Invalid TLV Handling in IS-IS
        Authors         : Les Ginsberg
                          Paul Wells
                          Tony Li
                          Tony Przygienda
                          Shraddha Hegde
	Filename        : draft-ginsberg-lsr-isis-invalid-tlv-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2018-12-02

Abstract:
   Key to the extensibility of the Intermediate System to Intermediate
   System (IS-IS) protocol has been the handling of unsupported and/or
   invalid Type/Length/Value (TLV) tuples.  Although there are explicit
   statements in existing specifications, in some cases the expected
   behavior is "well known" but not explicitly stated.

   This document discusses the "well known behaviors" and makes them
   explicit in order to insure that interoperability is maximized.

   This document when approved updates RFC3563, RFC5305, RFC6232, and
   RFC6233.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ginsberg-lsr-isis-invalid-tlv/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ginsberg-lsr-isis-invalid-tlv-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ginsberg-lsr-isis-invalid-tlv-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ginsberg-lsr-isis-invalid-tlv-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/