Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases-20.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 19:07:00 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Deterministic Networking WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Deterministic Networking Use Cases
        Author          : Ethan Grossman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases-20.txt
	Pages           : 88
	Date            : 2018-12-19

Abstract:
   This draft presents use cases from diverse industries which have in
   common a need for "deterministic flows".  "Deterministic" in this
   context means that such flows provide guaranteed bandwidth, bounded
   latency, and other properties germane to the transport of time-
   sensitive data.  These use cases differ notably in their network
   topologies and specific desired behavior, providing as a group broad
   industry context for DetNet.  For each use case, this document will
   identify the use case, identify representative solutions used today,
   and describe potential improvements that DetNet can enable.  The Use
   Case Common Themes section then extracts and enumerates the set of
   common properties implied by these use cases.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases-20
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases-20

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-detnet-use-cases-20

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/