Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-jmap-websocket-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 10:33:25 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the JSON Mail Access Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A JSON Meta Application Protocol (JMAP) Subprotocol for WebSocket
        Author          : Kenneth Murchison
	Filename        : draft-ietf-jmap-websocket-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2018-12-05

Abstract:
   This document defines a binding for the JSON Meta Application
   Protocol (JMAP) over a WebSocket transport layer.  A WebSocket
   binding for JMAP provides higher performance than the current HTTP
   binding for JMAP.

Open Issues

   o  What mechanism should be used to allow the client to choose what
      types of objects for which is wishes to receive push notifications
      over the WS connection?  Shoul this be done via a new method type
      or can it be done with header fields and/or query parameters on
      the WS handshake?

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jmap-websocket/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-jmap-websocket-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-jmap-websocket-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/