Subject: I-D Action: draft-rundgren-json-canonicalization-scheme-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 11:43:23 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : JSON Canonicalization Scheme (JCS)
        Author          : Anders Rundgren
	Filename        : draft-rundgren-json-canonicalization-scheme-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2018-12-19

Abstract:
   Cryptographic operations like hashing and signing depend on that the
   target data does not change during serialization, transport, or
   parsing.  By applying the rules defined by JCS (JSON Canonicalization
   Scheme), data provided in the JSON [RFC8259] format can be exchanged
   "as is", while still being subject to secure cryptographic
   operations.  JCS achieves this by building on the serialization
   formats for JSON primitives as defined by ECMAScript [ES6],
   constraining JSON data to the I-JSON [RFC7493] subset, and through a
   platform independent property sorting scheme.

   The intended audiences of this document are JSON tool vendors, as
   well as designers of JSON based cryptographic solutions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rundgren-json-canonicalization-scheme/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rundgren-json-canonicalization-scheme-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-rundgren-json-canonicalization-scheme-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-rundgren-json-canonicalization-scheme-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/