Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-multicast-24.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 08:34:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Softwires WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IPv4 Multicast over an IPv6 Multicast in Softwire Mesh Network
        Authors         : Mingwei Xu
                          Yong Cui
                          Jianping Wu
                          Shu Yang
                          Chris Metz
	Filename        : draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-multicast-24.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2018-12-18

Abstract:
   During the transition to IPv6, there will be scenarios where a
   backbone network internally running one IP address family (referred
   to as the internal IP or I-IP family), connects client networks
   running another IP address family (referred to as the external IP or
   E-IP family).  In such cases, the I-IP backbone needs to offer both
   unicast and multicast transit services to the client E-IP networks.

   This document describes a mechanism for supporting multicast across
   backbone networks where the I-IP and E-IP protocol families differ.
   The document focuses on IPv4-over-IPv6 scenario, due to lack of real-
   world use cases for IPv6-over-IPv4 scenario.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-multicast/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-multicast-24
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-multicast-24

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-softwire-mesh-multicast-24

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/