Subject: I-D Action: draft-elkschul-conflict-problem-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2018 08:19:42 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Conflict Resolution within a Working Group: Problem Statement
        Authors         : Nalini Elkins
                          Henning Schulzrinne
	Filename        : draft-elkschul-conflict-problem-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2018-12-05

Abstract:
   At the IETF, we currently use a set of methods to communicate a point
   of view, to solicit input, to resolve conflict and attempt to obtain
   consensus within the group.  These methods include: writing an
   Internet Draft, discussion on email lists, discussion at face-to-
   face, interim or virtual meetings, and design teams.  At times, these
   methods fall short.  People become entrenched in their positions.  A
   Working Group may be split for a prolonged period wasting time and
   energy.  There may be a lasting impact.  While the authors support
   rough consensus, the collateral damage of this process, at times can
   be considerable.  This document discusses the benefits and drawbacks
   of each of the current methods of communication focusing solely on
   their efficacy at conflict resolution.   A companion document will
   propose some solutions including alternative methods of conflict
   resolution.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-elkschul-conflict-problem/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-elkschul-conflict-problem-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-elkschul-conflict-problem-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-elkschul-conflict-problem-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/