Subject: I-D Action: draft-farmer-6man-routing-64-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 07:59:43 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 Routing and its Relationship the 64-bit Boundary in the IPv6 Addressing Architecture
        Author          : David Farmer
	Filename        : draft-farmer-6man-routing-64-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2018-12-30

Abstract:
   There is a common misconception that the IPv6 Addressing Architecture
   requires the use of only /64 subnet prefixes for subnet routing and
   on-link determination.  This document clarifies the characterization
   of the relationship between IPv6 routing and the 64-bit boundary in
   the IPv6 Addressing Architecture, which is that of a recommendation
   for the use of /64 subnet prefixes for subnet routing and on-link
   determination in most circumstances, not a requirement for such.  To
   further clarify the relationship, the document also provides
   operational guidance for the configuration of subnet prefixes and
   updates RFC 4291 accordingly.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farmer-6man-routing-64/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-farmer-6man-routing-64-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-farmer-6man-routing-64-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/