Subject: I-D Action: draft-multiformats-multibase-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2018 08:46:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Multibase Data Format
        Authors         : Juan Benet
                          Manu Sporny
	Filename        : draft-multiformats-multibase-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2018-12-31

Abstract:
   Raw binary data is often encoded using a mechanism that enables the
   data to be included in human-readable text-based formats.  This
   mechanism is often referred to as "base-encoding the data".  Base-
   encoding is often used when expressing binary data in hyperlinks,
   cryptographic keys in web pages, or security tokens in application
   software.  There are a variety of base-encodings, such as base32,
   base58, and base64.  It is not always possible to differentiate one
   base-encoding from another.  The purpose of this specification is to
   provide a mechanism to be able to deterministically identify the
   base-encoding for a particular string of data.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-multiformats-multibase/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-multiformats-multibase-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-multiformats-multibase-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-multiformats-multibase-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/