Subject: I-D Action: draft-dolson-transport-middlebox-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2018 22:21:46 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : An Inventory of Transport-centric Functions Provided by Middleboxes: An Operator Perspective
        Authors         : David Dolson
                          Juho Snellman
                          Mohamed Boucadair
                          Christian Jacquenet
	Filename        : draft-dolson-transport-middlebox-05.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2018-12-06

Abstract:
   This document summarizes an operator's perception of the benefits
   that may be provided by intermediary devices that execute functions
   beyond normal IP forwarding.  Such intermediary devices are often
   called "middleboxes".

   RFC3234 defines a taxonomy of middleboxes and issues in the Internet.
   Most of those middleboxes utilize or modify application-layer data.
   This document primarily focuses on devices that observe and act on
   information carried in the transport layer, and especially
   information carried in TCP packets.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dolson-transport-middlebox/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dolson-transport-middlebox-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dolson-transport-middlebox-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dolson-transport-middlebox-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/