Subject: I-D Action: draft-park-tcpm-intentional-syn-drop-option-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2018 20:56:19 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Intentional SYN Drop for mitigation against SYN flooding attacks
        Authors         : Sungwon Ahn
                          Minho Park
	Filename        : draft-park-tcpm-intentional-syn-drop-option-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2018-12-04

Abstract:
   This document proposes an option to mitigate SYN flooding attacks,
   called Intentional SYN Drop (ISD).  This option can mitigate the SYN
   flooding attack by intentionally dropping the first SYN.  It also
   includes a connection management mechanism to detect intelligent
   attackers who mimic normal clients.  Therefore, it can effectively
   mitigate the SYN flooding DDoS attack.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-park-tcpm-intentional-syn-drop-option/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-park-tcpm-intentional-syn-drop-option-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-park-tcpm-intentional-syn-drop-option-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/