Subject: I-D Action: draft-trammell-optional-security-not-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 06:23:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Optional Security Is Not An Option
        Author          : Brian Trammell
	Filename        : draft-trammell-optional-security-not-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2019-01-14

Abstract:
   This document explores the common properties of optional security
   protocols and extensions, and notes that due to the base-rate fallacy
   and general issues with coordinated deployment of protocols under
   uncertain incentives, optional security protocols have proven
   difficult to deploy in practice.  This document defines the problem,
   examines efforts to add optional security for routing, naming, and
   end-to-end transport, and extracts guidelines for future efforts to
   deploy optional security protocols based on successes and failures to
   date.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-trammell-optional-security-not/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-trammell-optional-security-not-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-trammell-optional-security-not-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-trammell-optional-security-not-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/