Subject: I-D Action: draft-richter-cbor-error-tag-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 07:48:36 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) Tag for Error Indications
        Authors         : Joerg Richter
                          Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-richter-cbor-error-tag-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2019-01-30

Abstract:
   The Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR, RFC 7049) is a data
   format whose design goals include the possibility of extremely small
   code size, fairly small message size, and extensibility without the
   need for version negotiation.

   In CBOR, one point of extensibility is the definition of CBOR tags.
   While CBOR defines representations for null values and for an
   undefined value, there is no convention for expressing errors or
   exceptions in data structures, where the actual value desired could
   not be calculated due to an error.  The present specification defines
   a tag for such error indications, enabling the addition of varying
   levels of detail.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-richter-cbor-error-tag/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-richter-cbor-error-tag-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-richter-cbor-error-tag-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-richter-cbor-error-tag-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/