Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-signaling-smp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 07:15:42 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : GMPLS Signaling Extensions for Shared Mesh Protection
        Authors         : Jia He
                          Italo Busi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-signaling-smp-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2019-01-14

Abstract:
   ITU-T Recommendation G.808.3 [G808.3] defines the generic aspects
   of a shared mesh protection (SMP) mechanism, where the difference
   between SMP and shared mesh restoration (SMR) is also identified.
   ITU-T Recommendation G.873.3 [G873.3] defines the protection
   switching operation and associated protocol for shared mesh
   protection (SMP) at the optical data unit (ODU) layer. RFC 7412
   provides requirements for any mechanism that would be used to
   implement SMP in an MPLS-TP network.

   This document updates RFC 4872 to provide the extensions to the
   Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) signaling to
   support the control of the shared mesh protection.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-signaling-smp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-signaling-smp-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-signaling-smp-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/