Subject: I-D Action: draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2019 08:49:25 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TCP Control Block Interdependence
        Authors         : Joe Touch
                          Michael Welzl
                          Safiqul Islam
	Filename        : draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis-06.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2019-01-04

Abstract:
   This memo updates and replaces RFC 2140's description of
   interdependent TCP control blocks, in which part of the TCP state is
   shared among similar concurrent or consecutive connections. TCP
   state includes a combination of parameters, such as connection
   state, current round-trip time estimates, congestion control
   information, and process information. Most of this state is
   maintained on a per-connection basis in the TCP Control Block (TCB),
   but implementations can (and do) share certain TCB information
   across connections to the same host. Such sharing is intended to
   improve overall transient transport performance, while maintaining
   backward-compatibility with existing implementations. The sharing
   described herein is limited to only the TCB initialization and so
   has no effect on the long-term behavior of TCP after a connection
   has been established.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-touch-tcpm-2140bis-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/