Subject: I-D Action: draft-barthel-lpwan-oam-schc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 05:19:56 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : OAM for LPWAN using Static Context Header Compression (SCHC)
        Authors         : Dominique Barthel
                          Laurent Toutain
                          Arunprabhu Kandasamy
                          Diego Dujovne
                          Juan Carlos Zuniga
	Filename        : draft-barthel-lpwan-oam-schc-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2019-01-30

Abstract:
   With IP protocols now generalizing to constrained networks, users
   expect to be able to Operate, Administer and Maintain them with the
   familiar tools and protocols they already use on less constrained
   networks.

   OAM uses specific messages sent into the data plane to measure some
   parameters of a network.  Most of the time, no explicit values are
   sent is these messages.  Network parameters are obtained from the
   analysis of these specific messages.

   This can be used:

   o  To detect if a host is up or down.

   o  To measure the RTT and its variation over time.

   o  To learn the path used by packets to reach a destination.

   OAM in LPWAN is a little bit trickier since the bandwidth is limited
   and extra traffic added by OAM can introduce perturbation on regular
   transmission.

   Two scenarios can be investigated:

   o  OAM coming from internet.  In that case, the NGW should act as a

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-barthel-lpwan-oam-schc/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-barthel-lpwan-oam-schc-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-barthel-lpwan-oam-schc-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/