Subject: I-D Action: draft-iab-path-signals-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2019 14:46:41 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Architecture Board IETF of the IETF.

        Title           : Transport Protocol Path Signals
        Author          : Ted Hardie
	Filename        : draft-iab-path-signals-03.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2019-01-08

Abstract:
   This document discusses the nature of signals seen by on-path
   elements examining transport protocols, contrasting implicit and
   explicit signals.  For example, TCP's state mechanics uses a series
   of well-known messages that are exchanged in the clear.  Because
   these are visible to network elements on the path between the two
   nodes setting up the transport connection, they are often used as
   signals by those network elements.  In transports that do not
   exchange these messages in the clear, on-path network elements lack
   those signals.  Often, the removal of those signals is intended by
   those moving the messages to confidential channels.  Where the
   endpoints desire that network elements along the path receive these
   signals, this document recommends explicit signals be used.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-path-signals/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iab-path-signals-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-iab-path-signals-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-iab-path-signals-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/