Subject: I-D Action: draft-hallambaker-udf-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2019 10:29:42 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Uniform Data Fingerprint (UDF)
        Author          : Phillip Hallam-Baker
	Filename        : draft-hallambaker-udf-12.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2019-01-06

Abstract:
   This document describes means of generating Uniform Data Fingerprint
   (UDF) values and their presentation as text sequences and as URIs.
   Uses of UDF fingerprints include but are not limited to creating
   Strong Internet Names (SINs).

   Cryptographic digests provide a means of uniquely identifying static
   data without the need for a registration authority.  A fingerprint is
   a form of presenting a cryptographic digest that makes it suitable
   for use in applications where human readability is required.  The UDF
   fingerprint format improves over existing formats through the
   introduction of a compact algorithm identifier affording an
   intentionally limited choice of digest algorithm and the inclusion of
   an IANA registered MIME Content-Type identifier within the scope of
   the digest input to allow the use of a single fingerprint format in
   multiple application domains.

   Alternative means of rendering fingerprint values are considered
   including machine-readable codes, word and image lists.

   This document is also available online at
   http://mathmesh.com/Documents/draft-hallambaker-udf.html [1] .

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hallambaker-udf/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hallambaker-udf-12
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hallambaker-udf-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hallambaker-udf-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/