Subject: I-D Action: draft-schaller-dnsop-lnp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 02:26:40 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Local Naming Protocol -- LNP (v.1.0)
        Author          : Christian Schaller
	Filename        : draft-schaller-dnsop-lnp-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2019-02-13

Abstract:
    The Local (or Lightweight) Naming Protocol (LNP) is an application-
    level protocol for local area networks. It is a distributed,
    stateless protocol which intents in resolving hostnames to ip
    addresses without the need of any Domain Name Server. In private
    local area networks, ip addressses are often dynamically allocated
    through DHCP. The LNP can be seen as a DNS extension, which uses
    broadcast udp messages (similar to ARP on IP-MAC-level) to request
    ip addresses for hosts with a given host- or domain-name. Thus it
    will be possible in dynamic local area networks to access ip-based
    services on hosts by their hostnames, without further management.

    Comments are solicited and should be addressed to the working
    group's mailing list at [email-masked] and/or the author(s).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schaller-dnsop-lnp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schaller-dnsop-lnp-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-schaller-dnsop-lnp-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/