Subject: I-D Action: draft-heide-nwcrg-rlnc-background-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 13:27:16 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Random Linear Network Coding (RLNC): Background and Practical Considerations
        Authors         : Janus Heide
                          Shirley Shi
                          Kerim Fouli
                          Muriel Médard
                          Vince Chook
	Filename        : draft-heide-nwcrg-rlnc-background-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2019-02-11

Abstract:
   This document describes the use of Random Linear Network Coding
   (RLNC) schemes for reliable data transport.  Both block and sliding
   window RLNC code implementations are described.  By providing erasure
   correction using randomly generated repair symbols, such RLNC-based
   schemes offer advantages in accommodating varying frame sizes and
   dynamically changing connections, reducing the need for feedback, and
   lowering the amount of state information needed at the sender and
   receiver.  The practical considerations' section identifies RLNC-
   encoded symbol representation as a valuable target for
   standardization.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-heide-nwcrg-rlnc-background/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-heide-nwcrg-rlnc-background-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-heide-nwcrg-rlnc-background-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/