Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-hip-rfc4423-bis-20.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 02:48:31 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Host Identity Protocol Architecture
        Authors         : Robert Moskowitz
                          Miika Komu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-rfc4423-bis-20.txt
	Pages           : 50
	Date            : 2019-02-14

Abstract:
   This memo describes the Host Identity (HI) namespace, that provides a
   cryptographic namespace to applications, and the associated protocol
   layer, the Host Identity Protocol, located between the
   internetworking and transport layers, that supports end-host
   mobility, multihoming and NAT traversal.  Herein are presented the
   basics of the current namespaces, their strengths and weaknesses, and
   how a HI namespace will add completeness to them.  The roles of the
   HI namespace in the protocols are defined.

   This document obsoletes RFC 4423 and addresses the concerns raised by
   the IESG, particularly that of crypto agility.  The section on
   security considerations describe also measures against flooding
   attacks, usage of identities in access control lists, weaker types of
   identifiers and trust on first use.  This document incorporates
   lessons learned from the implementations of RFC 5201 and goes further
   to explain how HIP works as a secure signaling channel.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-rfc4423-bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-hip-rfc4423-bis-20
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-hip-rfc4423-bis-20

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-hip-rfc4423-bis-20

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/