Subject: I-D Action: draft-pala-composite-crypto-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2019 13:55:04 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Composite Public Keys and Signatures
        Author          : Massimiliano Pala
	Filename        : draft-pala-composite-crypto-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2019-02-05

Abstract:
   PKIs are used to provide scalability and ease key management.  One
   type of PKIs that is predominant for securing communications and data
   is based on the X.509 standard.  Since the security of PKIs,
   ultimately, depends on the security of the cryptographic building
   blocks that are used for authentication and encryption, the standards
   community made algorithm agility a priority.  Algorithm agility, in
   particular, enables upgrading to newly available algorithms when
   needed.

   The CompositeCrypto (i.e., CompositeKey and CompositeSignature
   structures) described in this document provides an additional tool
   that enables the use of multiple algorithms to authenticate data
   without the need to use multiple certificates and more complex data
   structures.

   This document provide the description of the definition and encoding
   rules for CompositeKey and CompositeSignature.  A description of how
   to use these structures in main PKIX objects (e.g., X.509
   certificates, CRLs, OCSP responses, etc.) is also provided.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pala-composite-crypto/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pala-composite-crypto-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-pala-composite-crypto-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/