Subject: I-D Action: draft-pala-eap-creds-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2019 18:01:19 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Credentials Provisioning and Management via EAP (EAP-CREDS)
        Author          : Massimiliano Pala
	Filename        : draft-pala-eap-creds-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2019-02-07

Abstract:
   With the increase number of devices, protocols, and applications that
   rely on strong credentials (e.g., digital certificates, keys, or
   tokens) for network access, the need for a standardized credentials
   provisioning and management framework is paramount.  The .1x
   architecture allows for entities (e.g., devices, applications, etc.)
   to authenticate to the network by providing a communication channel
   where different methods can be used to exchange different types of
   credentials.  However, the need for managing these credentials (i.e.,
   provisioning and renewal) is still a hard problem to solve.

   This specifications define how to support the provisioning and
   management of authentication credentials that can be exploited in
   different environments (e.g., Wired, WiFi, cellular, etc.) to users
   and/or devices by using EAP together with standard provisioning
   protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pala-eap-creds/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pala-eap-creds-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-pala-eap-creds-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/