Subject: I-D Action: draft-livingood-dnsop-dont-switch-resolvers-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 14:06:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : In Case of DNSSEC Validation Failures, Do Not Change Resolvers
        Author          : Jason Livingood
	Filename        : draft-livingood-dnsop-dont-switch-resolvers-04.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2019-02-18

Abstract:
   DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC) validation by recursive DNS
   resolvers has been deployed at scale.  However, domain signing tools
   and processes are not yet as mature and reliable as is the case for
   non-DNSSEC-related domain administration tools and processes.  This
   sometimes results in DNSSEC validation failures, for which operators
   of validating resolvers are often blamed.  When these failures do
   occur, end users should not change to a non-validating DNS resolver,
   as that would downgrade their security.  They should instead wait
   until the authoritative domain operator updates their DNS records to
   resolve the error and that change propagates across the Internet's
   DNS resolvers, the timing of which may be dependent upon the Time To
   Live (TTL) settings in the old and/or erroneous DNS resource records.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-livingood-dnsop-dont-switch-resolvers/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-livingood-dnsop-dont-switch-resolvers-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-livingood-dnsop-dont-switch-resolvers-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-livingood-dnsop-dont-switch-resolvers-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/