Subject: I-D Action: draft-kuehlewind-security-is-not-a-layer-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 05:27:10 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Security is a function, not a layer
        Author          : Mirja Kuehlewind
	Filename        : draft-kuehlewind-security-is-not-a-layer-00.txt
	Pages           : 2
	Date            : 2019-02-28

Abstract:
   This document argues that security functions should be implemented on
   each layer as needed.  Especially security functions should not be
   separated in its own layer.  Having security scoped to the needs of
   each layer makes it possible to separate different functions
   correctly without the risk of impacting security on another layer.
   Note that this does not mean that each layer needs to maintain and
   negotiate it's on security context.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuehlewind-security-is-not-a-layer/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kuehlewind-security-is-not-a-layer-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kuehlewind-security-is-not-a-layer-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/