Subject: I-D Action: draft-rundgren-json-canonicalization-scheme-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 10:45:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : JSON Canonicalization Scheme (JCS)
        Authors         : Anders Rundgren
                          Bret Jordan
                          Samuel Erdtman
	Filename        : draft-rundgren-json-canonicalization-scheme-05.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2019-02-16

Abstract:
   Cryptographic operations like hashing and signing requires that the
   original data does not change during serialization or parsing.  By
   applying the rules defined by the JSON Canonicalization Scheme (JCS),
   data provided in JSON [RFC8259] format can be exchanged "as is",
   while still being usable by secure cryptographic operations.  JCS
   achieves this by building on the strict serialization formats for
   JSON primitives defined by ECMAScript [ES6], constraining JSON data
   to the I-JSON [RFC7493] subset, and through a platform independent
   property sorting scheme.

   The intended audiences of this document are JSON tool vendors, as
   well as designers of JSON based cryptographic solutions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rundgren-json-canonicalization-scheme/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rundgren-json-canonicalization-scheme-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-rundgren-json-canonicalization-scheme-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-rundgren-json-canonicalization-scheme-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/