Subject: I-D Action: draft-schinazi-masque-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 14:44:07 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The MASQUE Protocol
        Author          : David Schinazi
	Filename        : draft-schinazi-masque-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2019-02-28

Abstract:
   This document describes MASQUE (Multiplexed Application Substrate
   over QUIC Encryption).  MASQUE is a mechanism that allows co-locating
   and obfuscating networking applications behind an HTTPS web server.
   The currently prevalent use-case is to allow running a VPN server
   that is indistinguishable from an HTTPS server to any unauthenticated
   observer.  We do not expect major providers and CDNs to deploy this
   behind their main TLS certificate, as they are not willing to take
   the risk of getting blocked, as shown when domain fronting was
   blocked.  An expected use would be for individuals to enable this
   behind their personal websites via easy to configure open-source
   software.

   This document is a straw-man proposal.  It does not contain enough
   details to implement the protocol, and is currently intended to spark
   discussions on the approach it is taking.  As we have not yet found a
   home for this work, discussion is encouraged to happen on the GitHub
   repository which contains the draft:
   https://github.com/DavidSchinazi/masque-drafts [1].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schinazi-masque/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schinazi-masque-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-schinazi-masque-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/