Subject: I-D Action: draft-kanugovi-intarea-mams-framework-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 23:58:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Multiple Access Management Services
        Authors         : Satish Kanugovi
                          Florin Baboescu
                          Jing Zhu
                          Julius Mueller
                          SungHoon Seo
	Filename        : draft-kanugovi-intarea-mams-framework-03.txt
	Pages           : 141
	Date            : 2019-02-27

Abstract:
   In multiconnectivity scenarios, the end-user devices can
   simultaneously connect to multiple networks based on different access
   technologies and network architectures like WiFi, LTE, DSL.  Both the
   quality of experience of the users and the overall network
   utilization and efficiency may be improved through the smart
   selection and combination of access and core network paths that can
   dynamically adapt to changing network conditions.  This document
   presents a unified problem statement and introduces a solution for
   managing multiconnectivity.  The solution has been developed by the
   authors based on their experiences in multiple standards bodies
   including the IETF and 3GPP, but is not an Internet Standard and does
   not represent the consensus opinion of the IETF.  This document
   describes the requirements, solution principles, and an architectural
   framework that aims to provide best performance while being easy to
   implement in a wide variety of multiconnectivity deployments.  It
   specifies the protocol multi-access management to: 1) flexibly select
   the best combination of access and core network paths for uplink and
   downlink; as well as 2) determine the user plane treatment and
   traffic distribution over the selected links ensuring network
   efficiency and application performance.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kanugovi-intarea-mams-framework/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kanugovi-intarea-mams-framework-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kanugovi-intarea-mams-framework-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kanugovi-intarea-mams-framework-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/