Subject: I-D Action: draft-bhattacharyya-core-a-realist-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2019 04:51:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Adaptive RESTful Real-time Live Streaming for Things (A-REaLiST)
        Authors         : Abhijan Bhattacharyya
                          Suvrat Agrawal
                          Hemant Rath
                          Arpan Pal
                          Balamurali Purushothaman
	Filename        : draft-bhattacharyya-core-a-realist-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2019-02-04

Abstract:
   This draft presents extensions to Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
to    enable RESTful Real-time Live Streaming for improving the Quality of Experience
   (QoE) for delay-sensitive Internet of Things (IoT) applications. The overall
   architecture is termed ''Adaptive RESTful Real-time Live Streaming for Things
(A-    REaLiST)''. It is particularly designed for applications which rely on
real-time    augmented vision through live First Person View (FPV) feed from constrained
remote    agents like Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV), etc. These extensions provide
the    necessary hooks to help solution designers ensure low-latency transfer of
streams    and, for contents like video, a quick recovery from freeze and corruption
without    incurring undue lag. A-REaLiST is an attempt to provide an integrated approach
to    maintain the balance amongst QoE, resource-efficiency and loss resilience.
It    provides the necessary hooks to optimize system performance by leveraging
   contextual intelligence inferred from instantaneous information segments
in    flight. These extensions equip CoAP with a standard for efficient RESTful
   streaming for Internet of Things (IoT) contrary to HTTP-streaming in conventional
   Internet.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bhattacharyya-core-a-realist/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bhattacharyya-core-a-realist-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bhattacharyya-core-a-realist-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bhattacharyya-core-a-realist-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/