Subject: I-D Action: draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 15:45:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Reaction of Stateless Address Autoconfiguration (SLAAC) to Renumbering Events
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Jan Zorz
	Filename        : draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2019-02-18

Abstract:
   In scenarios where network configuration information related to IPv6
   prefixes becomes invalid without any explicit signaling of that
   condition (such as when a CPE crashes and reboots without knowledge
   of the previously-employed prefixes), nodes on the local network will
   continue using stale prefixes for an unacceptably long period of
   time, thus resulting in connectivity problems.  This document
   analyzes these problem scenarios, and proposes workarounds to improve
   network robustness.  This document updates RFC4861 and RFC4862 to
   allow for a more robust reaction to network configuration changes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gont-6man-slaac-renum-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/