Subject: I-D Action: draft-snr-bess-evpn-loop-protect-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2019 23:25:27 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Loop Protection in EVPN networks
        Authors         : Jorge Rabadan
                          Senthil Sathappan
                          Kiran Nagaraj
                          Julio Bueno
                          Jose Manuel Crespo
	Filename        : draft-snr-bess-evpn-loop-protect-03.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2019-02-05

Abstract:
   Ethernet Virtual Private Networks (EVPN) is becoming the de-facto
   standard-based control plane solution for Data Center and layer-2
   Service Provider applications. The risk of loops caused by backdoor
   paths accidentally created within the same broadcast domain, is a
   general common concern, especially among Service Providers in large
   Layer-2 networks. While other layer-2 Ethernet technologies use
   Spanning Tree based Protocols (xSTP) to provide a network-wide loop
   protection, EVPN has the right tools to detect and protect the
   network against loops in an efficient and effective way. This
   document describes a mechanism to provide global loop protection in
   EVPN networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-snr-bess-evpn-loop-protect/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-snr-bess-evpn-loop-protect-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-snr-bess-evpn-loop-protect-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-snr-bess-evpn-loop-protect-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/