Subject: I-D Action: draft-blank-ietf-bimi-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2019 11:11:15 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Brand Indicators for Message Identification (BIMI)
        Authors         : Seth Blank
                          Peter Goldstein
                          Thede Loder
                          Terry Zink
	Filename        : draft-blank-ietf-bimi-00.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2019-02-06

Abstract:
   Brand Indicators for Message Identification (BIMI) permits Domain
   Owners to coordinate with Mail User Agents (MUAs) to display brand-
   specific Indicators next to properly authenticated messages.  There
   are two aspects of BIMI coordination: a scalable mechanism for Domain
   Owners to publish their desired indicators, and a mechanism for Mail
   Transfer Agents (MTAs) to verify the authenticity of the indicator.
   This document specifies how Domain Owners communicate their desired
   indicators through the BIMI assertion record in DNS and how that
   record is to be handled by MTAs and MUAs.  The domain verification
   mechanism and extensions for other mail protocols (IMAP, etc.) are
   specified in separate documents.  MUAs and mail-receiving
   organizations are free to define their own policies for indicator
   display that makes use or not of BIMI data as they see fit.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-blank-ietf-bimi/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-blank-ietf-bimi-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-blank-ietf-bimi-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/