Subject: I-D Action: draft-eastlake-sfc-nsh-ecn-support-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2019 19:44:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Service Function Chaining WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) and Congestion Feedback Using the Network Service Header (NSH)
        Authors         : Donald E. Eastlake
                          Bob Briscoe
                          Andrew G. Malis
	Filename        : draft-eastlake-sfc-nsh-ecn-support-03.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2019-02-05

Abstract:
   Explicit congestion notification (ECN) allows a forwarding element to
   notify downstream devices of the onset of congestion without having
   to drop packets. Coupled with a means to feed back information about
   congestion to upstream nodes, this can improve network efficiency
   through better congestion control, frequently without packet drops.
   This document specifies ECN and congestion feedback support within a
   Service Function Chaining (SFC) domain through use of the Network
   Service Header (NSH, RFC 8300) and IP Flow Information Export (IPFIX,
   draft-ietf-tsvwg-tunnel-congestion-feedback).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eastlake-sfc-nsh-ecn-support/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-eastlake-sfc-nsh-ecn-support-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-eastlake-sfc-nsh-ecn-support-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-eastlake-sfc-nsh-ecn-support-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/