Subject: I-D Action: draft-bhattacharyya-core-a-realist-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2019 12:25:19 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Adaptive RESTful Real-time Live Streaming for Things (A-REaLiST)
        Authors         : Abhijan Bhattacharyya
                          Suvrat Agrawal
                          Hemant Rath
                          Arpan Pal
                          Balamurali Purushothaman
	Filename        : draft-bhattacharyya-core-a-realist-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2019-02-05

Abstract:
   This draft presents extensions to Constrained Application Protocol
   (CoAP) to enable RESTful Real-time Live Streaming for improving the
   Quality of Experience (QoE) for delay-sensitive Internet of Things
   (IoT) applications. The overall architecture is termed "Adaptive
   RESTful Real-time Live Streaming for Things (A-REaLiST)". It is
   particularly designed for applications which rely on real-time
   augmented vision through live First Person View (FPV) feed from
   constrained remote agents like Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV), etc.
   These extensions provide the necessary hooks to help solution
   designers ensure low-latency transfer of streams and, for contents
   like video, a quick recovery from freeze and corruption without
   incurring undue lag. A-REaLiST is an attempt to provide an
   integrated approach to maintain the balance amongst QoE, resource-
   efficiency and loss resilience. It provides the necessary hooks to
   optimize system performance by leveraging contextual intelligence
   inferred from instantaneous information segments in flight. These
   extensions equip CoAP with a standard for efficient RESTful
   streaming for Internet of Things (IoT) contrary to HTTP-streaming in
   conventional Internet.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bhattacharyya-core-a-realist/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bhattacharyya-core-a-realist-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bhattacharyya-core-a-realist-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bhattacharyya-core-a-realist-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/