Subject: I-D Action: draft-hares-lsr-grid-ring-convergence-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 09:52:37 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPRAN Grid-Ring IGP convergence problems
        Author          : Susan Hares
	Filename        : draft-hares-lsr-grid-ring-convergence-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2019-02-11

Abstract:
   This draft describes problems with IGP convergence time in some IPRAN
   networks that use a physical topology of grid backbones that connect
   rings of routers.  Part of these IPRAN network topologies exist in
   data centers with sufficient power and interconnections, but some
   network equipment sits in remote sites impacted by power loss.  In
   some geographic areas these remote sites may be subject to rolling
   blackouts.  These rolling power blackouts could cause multiple
   simultaneous node and link failures.  In these remote networks with
   blackouts, it is often critical that the IPRAN phone network re-
   converge quickly.

   The IGP running in these networks may run in a single level of the
   IGP.  This document seeks to briefly describe these problems to
   determine if the emerging IGP technologies (flexible algorithms,
   dynamic flooding, layers of hierarchy in IGPs) can be applied to help
   reduce convergence times.  It also seeks to determine if the
   improvements of these algorithms or the IP-Fast re-route algorithms
   are thwarted by the failure of multiple link and nodes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hares-lsr-grid-ring-convergence/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hares-lsr-grid-ring-convergence-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hares-lsr-grid-ring-convergence-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/