Subject: I-D Action: draft-gont-numeric-ids-generation-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 16:51:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : On the Generation of Transient Numeric Identifiers
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Ivan Arce
	Filename        : draft-gont-numeric-ids-generation-03.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2019-03-11

Abstract:
   This document performs an analysis of the security and privacy
   implications of different types of "numeric identifiers" used in IETF
   protocols, and tries to categorize them based on their
   interoperability requirements and the associated failure severity
   when such requirements are not met.  Subsequently, it provides advice
   on possible algorithms that could be employed to satisfy the
   interoperability requirements of each identifier type, while
   minimizing the security and privacy implications, thus providing
   guidance to protocol designers and protocol implementers.  Finally,
   describes a number of algorithms that have been employed in real
   implementations to generate transient numeric identifiers and
   analyzes their security and privacy properties.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-numeric-ids-generation/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-numeric-ids-generation-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gont-numeric-ids-generation-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gont-numeric-ids-generation-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/