Subject: I-D Action: draft-huitema-dnssd-tls-privacy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 20:58:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Private Discovery with TLS-ESNI
        Authors         : Christian Huitema
                          Daniel Kaiser
	Filename        : draft-huitema-dnssd-tls-privacy-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2019-03-10

Abstract:
   DNS-SD (DNS Service Discovery) normally discloses information about
   both the devices offering services and the devices requesting
   services.  This information includes host names, network parameters,
   and possibly a further description of the corresponding service
   instance.  Especially when mobile devices engage in DNS Service
   Discovery over Multicast DNS at a public hotspot, a serious privacy
   problem arises.

   We propose to solve this problem by developing a private discovery
   profile for UDP based transports using TLS, such as DTLS and QUIC.
   The profile is based on using the Encrypted SNI extension.  We also
   define a standalone private discovery service, that can be combined
   with arbitrary applications in the same way as DNS-SD.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-huitema-dnssd-tls-privacy/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-huitema-dnssd-tls-privacy-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-huitema-dnssd-tls-privacy-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/