Subject: I-D Action: draft-wu-netconf-nmda-compatibility-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2019 07:40:56 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : NMDA protocol operation Backwards-Compatibility with Legacy Devices
        Authors         : Qin Wu
                          Chong Feng
	Filename        : draft-wu-netconf-nmda-compatibility-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2019-03-09

Abstract:
   NMDA architectural framework eliminates the need to duplicate data
   structures to provide separate configuration and operational state
   sections and uses different datastores and new protocol operations to
   distinct configuration from operation state.  However when non-NMDA
   clients communicate with NMDA aware server, it is not clear whether
   the NMDA aware server can use existing operation to return the same
   results with <rpc-reply> as non-NMDA-aware server does.

   This document identifies some of the major challenges, and provides
   solutions that are able to mitigate those challenges and smooth the
   migration towards NMDA deployment.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wu-netconf-nmda-compatibility/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wu-netconf-nmda-compatibility-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wu-netconf-nmda-compatibility-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wu-netconf-nmda-compatibility-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/