Subject: I-D Action: draft-venaas-pim-port-pfm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 13:16:52 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PIM Flooding Protocol over Reliable Transport
        Authors         : Stig Venaas
                          Balaji Ganesh
                          Kesavan Thiruvenkatasamy
                          Ramakrishnan Chokkanathapuram
	Filename        : draft-venaas-pim-port-pfm-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2019-03-11

Abstract:
   The PIM Flooding Protocol (PFM) defined in RFC8364 relies on sending
   periodic updates as it does not provide for any reliability.  If a
   message is lost, the information will be provided in the next
   periodic update.

   This document extends the Reliable Transport Mechanism for PIM in
   RFC6559 to allow for sending PFM messages.  This significantly
   reduces the PFM signaling by not requiring frequent periodic updates,
   and it provides for retransmission, allowing for quick recovery when
   an IP packet is dropped.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-venaas-pim-port-pfm/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-venaas-pim-port-pfm-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-venaas-pim-port-pfm-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/