Subject: I-D Action: draft-dahlberg-ll-quantum-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 15:27:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Link Layer service in a Quantum Internet
        Authors         : Axel Dahlberg
                          Matthew Skrzypczyk
                          Stephanie Wehner
	Filename        : draft-dahlberg-ll-quantum-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2019-03-11

Abstract:
   In a classical network the link layer is responsible for transferring
   a datagram between two nodes that are connected by a single link,
   possibly including switches.  In a quantum network however, the link
   layer will need to provide a robust entanglement generation service
   between two quantum nodes which are connected by a quantum link,
   possibly including quantum repeaters.  This service can be used by
   higher layers to produce entanglement between distant nodes or to
   perform other operations such as qubit transmission, without full
   knowledge of the underlying hardware and its parameters.  This draft
   defines what can be expected from the service provided by a link
   layer for a Quantum Network and defines an interface between higher
   layers and the link layer.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dahlberg-ll-quantum/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dahlberg-ll-quantum-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dahlberg-ll-quantum-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/