Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-lwig-6lowpan-virtual-reassembly-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 14:02:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Light-Weight Implementation Guidance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Virtual reassembly buffers in 6LoWPAN
        Authors         : Carsten Bormann
                          Thomas Watteyne
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lwig-6lowpan-virtual-reassembly-01.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2019-03-11

Abstract:
   When employing adaptation layer fragmentation in 6LoWPAN, it may be
   beneficial for a forwarder not to have to reassemble each packet in
   its entirety before forwarding it.

   This has been always possible with the original fragmentation design
   of RFC 4944.  Apart from a brief mention of the way to do this in
   Section 2.5.2 of the 6LoWPAN book, this has not been extensively
   described in the literature.  The present document attempts to fill
   that gap.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lwig-6lowpan-virtual-reassembly/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lwig-6lowpan-virtual-reassembly-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lwig-6lowpan-virtual-reassembly-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lwig-6lowpan-virtual-reassembly-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/