Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-6man-service-aware-ipv6-network-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 09:46:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Service-aware IPv6 Network
        Authors         : Zhenbin Li
                          Shuping Peng
	Filename        : draft-li-6man-service-aware-ipv6-network-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2019-03-11

Abstract:
   A multitude of applications are carried over the network, which have
   varying needs for network bandwidth, latency, jitter, and packet
   loss, etc.  Some applications such as online gaming and live video
   streaming have very demanding network requirements thereof require
   special treatments in the network.  However, since the current
   network is lack of enough information of service requirements of such
   applications it is difficult to guarantee the SLA or it may take long
   time to provide such guarantee.  This document proposes the solution
   to make use of IPv6 extensions header to convey the service
   requirement information along with the packet to the network to
   facilitate the service deployment and network resource adjustment to
   guarantee SLA for applications.  Then it defines the service-aware
   options which can be used in the different IPv6 extension headers for
   the purpose.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-6man-service-aware-ipv6-network/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-6man-service-aware-ipv6-network-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-6man-service-aware-ipv6-network-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/