Subject: I-D Action: draft-knodel-terminology-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 16:53:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Terminology, Power and Offensive Language
        Authors         : Mallory Knodel
                          Niels ten Oever
	Filename        : draft-knodel-terminology-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2019-03-11

Abstract:
   This document argues for and describes alternatives that shift
   specific language conventions used by RFC Authors and RFC Editors to
   avoid offensive terminology in the technical documentation of the RFC
   series.  Specifically, this document details two sets of terms that
   are normalised on the technical level but offensive on a societal
   level.  First, arguments are presented for why any offensive terms
   should be avoided by the IETF/IRTF.  Second, problem statements for
   both sets of terms are presented and alternatives are referenced and
   proposed.  There is a third section on additional considerations and
   general action points to address the RFC series, past and future.
   Lastly, a summary of recommendations is presented.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-knodel-terminology/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-knodel-terminology-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-knodel-terminology-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-knodel-terminology-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/