Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-qirg-principles-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2019 03:45:23 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Quantum Internet Proposed Research Group RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Architectural Principles for a Quantum Internet
        Author          : Wojciech Kozlowski
	Filename        : draft-irtf-qirg-principles-00.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2019-03-09

Abstract:
   The vision of a quantum internet is to fundamentally enhance Internet
   technology by enabling quantum communication between any two points
   on Earth.  To achieve this goal, a quantum network stack must be
   built from the ground up as the physical nature of the communication
   is fundamentally different.  The first realisations of quantum
   networks are imminent, but there is no practical proposal for how to
   organise, utilise, and manage such networks.  In this memo, we
   attempt lay down the framework and introduce some basic architectural
   principles for a quantum internet.  This is intended for general
   guidance and general interest, but also to provide a foundation for
   discussion between physicists and network specialists.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-qirg-principles/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-qirg-principles-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-qirg-principles-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/