Subject: I-D Action: draft-stenn-ntp-mac-last-ef-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 23:00:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Network Time Protocol MAC/Last Extension Fields
        Authors         : Harlan Stenn
                          Danny Mayer
	Filename        : draft-stenn-ntp-mac-last-ef-04.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2019-03-25

Abstract:
   NTP packets can be authenticated by a Message Authentication Code
   (MAC) if a MAC is present at the end of an NTP packet.  The legacy
   format for this MAC is not formatted as an NTP Extension Field, and
   its presence may cause some implementations a parsing ambiguity.

   This proposal introduces two ways to resolve this problem.  One is to
   provide a MAC Extension Field.  The other is an extension field that
   unambiguously declares itself to be the last extension field in an
   NTP packet (so any additional data MUST be a legacy MAC).

   RFC EDITOR: PLEASE REMOVE THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH BEFORE PUBLISHING:

   The source code and issues list for this draft can be found in
   https://github.com/hstenn/ietf-ntp-mac-last-ef

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-stenn-ntp-mac-last-ef/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-stenn-ntp-mac-last-ef-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-stenn-ntp-mac-last-ef-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-stenn-ntp-mac-last-ef-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/