Subject: I-D Action: draft-sury-toorop-dns-cookies-algorithms-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 09:12:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Algorithms for Domain Name System (DNS) Cookies construction
        Authors         : Ondrej Sury
                          Willem Toorop
	Filename        : draft-sury-toorop-dns-cookies-algorithms-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2019-03-11

Abstract:
   [RFC7873] left the construction of Server Cookies to the discretion
   of the DNS Server (implementer) which has resulted in a gallimaufry
   of different implementations.  As a result, DNS Cookies are
   impractical to deploy on multi-vendor anycast networks, because the
   Server Cookie constructed by one implementation cannot be validated
   by another.

   This document provides precise directions for creating Server Cookies
   to address this issue.  Furthermore, [FNV] is obsoleted as a suitable
   Hash function for calculating DNS Cookies.  [SipHash-2.4] is
   introduced as a new REQUIRED Hash function for calculating DNS
   Cookies.

   This document updates [RFC7873]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sury-toorop-dns-cookies-algorithms/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sury-toorop-dns-cookies-algorithms-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sury-toorop-dns-cookies-algorithms-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/