Subject: I-D Action: draft-sheffer-tls-pinning-ticket-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2019 01:57:12 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TLS Server Identity Pinning with Tickets
        Authors         : Yaron Sheffer
                          Daniel Migault
	Filename        : draft-sheffer-tls-pinning-ticket-09.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2019-03-08

Abstract:
   Misissued public-key certificates can prevent TLS clients from
   appropriately authenticating the TLS server.  Several alternatives
   have been proposed to detect this situation and prevent a client from
   establishing a TLS session with a TLS end point authenticated with an
   illegitimate public-key certificate.  These mechanisms are either not
   widely deployed or limited to public web browsing.

   This document proposes to extend TLS with opaque pinning tickets as a
   way to pin the server's identity.  During an initial TLS session, the
   server provides an original encrypted pinning ticket.  In subsequent
   TLS session establishment, upon receipt of the pinning ticket, the
   server proves its ability to decrypt the pinning ticket and thus the
   ownership of the pinning protection key.  The client can now safely
   conclude that the TLS session is established with the same TLS server
   as the original TLS session.  One of the important properties of this
   proposal is that no manual management actions are required.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sheffer-tls-pinning-ticket/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sheffer-tls-pinning-ticket-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sheffer-tls-pinning-ticket-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sheffer-tls-pinning-ticket-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/