Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2019 09:46:28 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Postcard-based In-band Flow Data Telemetry
        Authors         : Haoyu Song
                          Tianran Zhou
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Jongyoon Shin
	Filename        : draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry-02.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2019-03-08

Abstract:
   The Postcard-Based Telemetry (PBT) allows network OAM applications to
   collect telemetry data about any user packet.  Unlike the E2E and
   trace modes in in-situ OAM (IOAM), PBT does not require user packets
   to carry the telemetry data, but directly exports the telemetry data
   from the data collecting node to a collector through separated OAM
   packets called postcards.  Two variations of PBT are described: one
   requires inserting an instruction header to user packets to guide the
   data collection and the other only marks the user packets or
   configure the flow filter to invoke the data collection.  PBT
   provides a complement to IOAM and address several implementation and
   deployment challenges of it.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/