Subject: I-D Action: draft-dcn-bmwg-containerized-infra-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2019 02:26:43 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Considerations for Benchmarking Network Performance in Containerized Infrastructures
        Authors         : Kyoungjae Sun
                          Hyunsik Yang
                          Youngki Park
                          Younghan Kim
                          Wangbong Lee
	Filename        : draft-dcn-bmwg-containerized-infra-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2019-03-07

Abstract:
   This draft describes benchmarking considerations for a containerized
   infrastructure.  In a containerized infrastructure, Virtualized
   Network Functions(VNFs) are deployed on operating-system-level
   virtualization platform by abstracting the user namespace as opposed
   to virtualization using a hypervisor.  Leveraging this, the system
   configurations and networking scenarios for VNF benchmarking will be
   partially changed by way of resource allocation and network port
   binding between a physical host and VNFs.  In this draft we compare
   the state of the art in container networking architecture with
   networking on VM-based virtualized systems, and provide several test
   scenarios for network performance in containerized infrastructure.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dcn-bmwg-containerized-infra/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dcn-bmwg-containerized-infra-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dcn-bmwg-containerized-infra-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/