Subject: I-D Action: draft-beck-bgp-security-tracking-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2019 13:41:00 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP Security Tracking
        Authors         : Jody Beck
                          Andrew Gray
	Filename        : draft-beck-bgp-security-tracking-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2019-03-01

Abstract:
   This document describes the BGP Path Security Tracking attribute, an
   extension to BGP-4. This attribute provides a transitive means for
   networks to indicate BGP security checks in place to upstream
   networks. Upstream networks can optionally use that information to
   modify the path selection algorithm giving preference to paths
   reporting better security where the prefix length is the same and
   as-path length is similar. Effectively reporting no security would
   be treated the same as prepending the announcement once and reporting
   strong security would be treated the same as not prepending. The net
   result of using the information to influence path selection is that
   more secured paths would be preferred over less secured paths.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-beck-bgp-security-tracking/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-beck-bgp-security-tracking-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-beck-bgp-security-tracking-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/