Subject: I-D Action: draft-fries-anima-brski-async-enroll-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 02:52:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Support of asynchronous Enrollment in BRSKI
        Authors         : Steffen Fries
                          Hendrik Brockhaus
                          Eliot Lear
	Filename        : draft-fries-anima-brski-async-enroll-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2019-03-11

Abstract:
   This document discusses the enhancement of automated bootstrapping of
   a remote secure key infrastructure (BRSKI) to operate in domains
   featuring no or only timely limited connectivity to backend services
   offering enrollment functionality like a Public Key Infrastructure
   (PKI).  In the context of deploying new devices the design of BRSKI
   allows for online (synchronous object exchange) and offline
   interactions (asynchronous object exchange) with a manufacturer's
   authorization service.  It utilizes a self-contained voucher to
   transport the domain credentials as a signed object to establish an
   initial trust between the pledge and the deployment domain.  The
   currently supported enrollment protocol for request and distribution
   of deployment domain specific device certificates provides only
   limited support for asynchronous PKI interactions.  This memo
   motivates support of self-contained objects also for certificate
   management by using an abstract notation to allow off-site operation
   of PKI services, with only limited connectivity to the pledge
   deployment domain.  This addresses specifically scenarios, in which
   the deployment domain of a pledge does not perform the final
   authorization of a certification request and rather delegates this
   decision to an operator backend.  The goal is to enable the usage of
   existing and potentially new PKI protocols supporting self-
   containment for certificate management.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fries-anima-brski-async-enroll/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fries-anima-brski-async-enroll-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-fries-anima-brski-async-enroll-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/