Subject: I-D Action: draft-anilj-icnrg-dnc-qos-icn-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 13:07:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : QoS Treatments in ICN using Disaggregated Name Components
        Authors         : Anil Jangam
                          Prakash Suthar
                          Milan Stolic
	Filename        : draft-anilj-icnrg-dnc-qos-icn-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2019-03-11

Abstract:
   Mechanisms for specifying and implementing end-to-end Quality of
   service (QoS) treatments in Information-Centric Networks (ICN) has
   not been explored so far.  There has been some work towards
   implementing QoS in ICN; however, the discussions are mainly centered
   around strategies used in efficient forwarding of Interest packets.
   Moreover, as ICN has been tested mainly as an IP overlay, it's QoS is
   still governed by the IP QoS framework and there is a need for
   implementing QoS in ICN natively.  This document describes mechanisms
   to classify and provide associated "name-based" extensions to
   identify QoS within the framework of ICN's core design principles.
   The name-based design provides a mechanism to carry QoS information
   and implement the treatments as ICN packets travel across different
   routers in the ICN network.  Detailed discussion is provided for QoS
   specific procedures in each of the ICN network elements i.e.
   consumer, producer and forwarder.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-anilj-icnrg-dnc-qos-icn/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-anilj-icnrg-dnc-qos-icn-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-anilj-icnrg-dnc-qos-icn-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/