Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-npm-use-cases-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 06:28:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Network-wide Protocol Monitoring (NPM): Use Cases
        Authors         : Huanan Chen
                          Zhenqiang Li
                          Feng Xu
                          Yunan Gu
                          Zhenbin Li
	Filename        : draft-chen-npm-use-cases-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2019-03-11

Abstract:
   As networks continue to scale, we need a coordinated effort for
   diagnosing control plane health issues in heterogeneous environments.
   Traditionally, operators developed internal solutions to address the
   identification and remediation of control plane health issues, but as
   networks increase in size, speed and dynamicity, new methods and
   techniques will be required.

   This document highlights key network health issues, as well as
   network planning requirements, identified by leading network
   operators.  It also provides an overview of current art and
   techniques that are used, but highlights key deficiencies and areas
   for improvement.

   This document proposes a unified management framework for
   coordinating diagnostics of control plane problems and optimization
   of network design.  Furthermore, it outlines requirements for
   collecting, storing and analyzing control plane data, to minimise or
   negate control plane problems that may significantly affect overall
   network performance and to optimize path/peering/policy planning for
   meeting application-specific demands.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-npm-use-cases/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chen-npm-use-cases-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-chen-npm-use-cases-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/