Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6lo-minimal-fragment-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 07:10:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained Nodes WG of the IETF.

        Title           : LLN Minimal Fragment Forwarding
        Authors         : Thomas Watteyne
                          Carsten Bormann
                          Pascal Thubert
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6lo-minimal-fragment-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2019-03-11

Abstract:
   This document gives an overview of LLN Minimal Fragment Forwarding.
   When employing adaptation layer fragmentation in 6LoWPAN, it may be
   beneficial for a forwarder not to have to reassemble each packet in
   its entirety before forwarding it.  This has always been possible
   with the original fragmentation design of RFC4944.  This document is
   a companion document to [I-D.ietf-lwig-6lowpan-virtual-reassembly],
   which details the virtual Reassembly Buffer (VRB) implementation
   technique which reduces the latency and increases end-to-end
   reliability in route-over forwarding.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-minimal-fragment/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6lo-minimal-fragment-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6lo-minimal-fragment-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6lo-minimal-fragment-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/