Subject: I-D Action: draft-gomez-rto-considerations-lpwan-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 01:06:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : RTO considerations in LPWAN
        Authors         : Carles Gomez
                          Jon Crowcroft
	Filename        : draft-gomez-rto-considerations-lpwan-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2019-03-10

Abstract:
   Low-Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN) technologies are characterized by
   very low physical layer bit and message transmission rates.
   Moreover, a response to a message sent by an LPWAN device may often
   only be received after a significant delay.  As a result, Round-Trip
   Time (RTT) values in LPWAN are often (sometimes, significantly)
   greater than typical default values of Retransmission TimeOut (RTO)
   algorithms.  Furthermore, buffering at network elements such as radio
   gateways may interact negatively with LPWAN technology transmission
   mechanisms, potentially exacerbating RTTs by up to several orders of
   magnitude.  This document provides guidance for RTO settings in
   LPWAN, and describes an experimental dual RTO algorithm for LPWAN.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gomez-rto-considerations-lpwan/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gomez-rto-considerations-lpwan-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gomez-rto-considerations-lpwan-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/