Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-le-phb-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 06:24:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A Lower Effort Per-Hop Behavior (LE PHB) for Differentiated Services
        Author          : Roland Bless
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-le-phb-10.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2019-03-11

Abstract:
   This document specifies properties and characteristics of a Lower
   Effort (LE) per-hop behavior (PHB).  The primary objective of this LE
   PHB is to protect best-effort (BE) traffic (packets forwarded with
   the default PHB) from LE traffic in congestion situations, i.e., when
   resources become scarce, best-effort traffic has precedence over LE
   traffic and may preempt it.  Alternatively, packets forwarded by the
   LE PHB can be associated with a scavenger service class, i.e., they
   scavenge otherwise unused resources only.  There are numerous uses
   for this PHB, e.g., for background traffic of low precedence, such as
   bulk data transfers with low priority in time, non time-critical
   backups, larger software updates, web search engines while gathering
   information from web servers and so on.  This document recommends a
   standard DSCP value for the LE PHB.  This specification obsoletes RFC
   3662 and updates the DSCP recommended in RFC 4594 and RFC 8325 to use
   the DSCP assigned in this specification.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-le-phb/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-le-phb-10
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-le-phb-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-le-phb-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/