Subject: I-D Action: draft-ounsworth-pq-composite-sigs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2019 13:33:07 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Composite Keys and Signatures For Use In Internet PKI
        Authors         : Mike Ounsworth
                          Serge Mister
                          John Gray
                          Scott Fluhrer
                          Panos Kampanakis
	Filename        : draft-ounsworth-pq-composite-sigs-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2019-03-08

Abstract:
   With the widespread adoption of post-quantum cryptography will come
   the need for an entity to possess multiple public keys on different
   cryptographic algorithms.  Since the trustworthiness of individual
   post-quantum algorithms is at question, a multi-key cryptographic
   operation will need to be performed in such a way that breaking it
   requires breaking each of the component algorithms individually.
   This requires defining new structures for holding composite public
   keys and composite signature data.

   This document defines the structures CompositePublicKey,
   CompositeSignatureAlgorithmParams, and CompositeSignatureValue which
   are sequences of the respective structure for each component
   algorithm.  This document also defines algorithms for generating and
   verifying composite signatures.  This document makes no assumptions
   about what the component algorithms are, provided that their
   algorithm identifiers and signature generation and verification
   algorithms are defined.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ounsworth-pq-composite-sigs/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ounsworth-pq-composite-sigs-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ounsworth-pq-composite-sigs-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/