Subject: I-D Action: draft-zeppelzauer-data-over-sound-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2019 07:19:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SoniTalk: An Open Protocol for Data-Over-Sound Communication
        Authors         : Matthias Zeppelzauer
                          Alexis Ringot
	Filename        : draft-zeppelzauer-data-over-sound-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2019-03-06

Abstract:
   This document defines a new protocol for communication via sound (and
   in particular via near-ultrasound) that is simple enough to be
   implemented on devices with limited computational resources, such as
   Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices.  The near-ultrasonic frequency band
   in the range of 18-22kHz represents a novel and so far hardly used
   channel for the communication of different devices, such as mobile
   phones, computers, TVs, personal assistants, and potentially a wide
   range of IoT devices.  Moreover, data-over-sound enables to connect
   low-end hardware devices to the Internet by near field communication
   with other Internet-connected devices.  Data-over-sound requires only
   a standard loudspeaker and a microphone for communication, and thus
   has very low hardware requirements compared to other communication
   standards such as Bluetooth, WLAN and NFC.  "SoniTalk" is designed as
   an open and transparent near-ultrasonic data transmission protocol
   for data-over-sound.  This document provides a specification of the
   protocol at the lowest layer (physical layer) in the sense of the OSI
   model.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zeppelzauer-data-over-sound/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zeppelzauer-data-over-sound-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-zeppelzauer-data-over-sound-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/