Subject: I-D Action: draft-amend-tsvwg-multipath-dccp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 15:20:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DCCP Extensions for multipath Operation with Multiple Addresses
        Authors         : Markus Amend
                          Anna Brunstrom
                          Andreas Kassler
                          Veselin Rakocevic
	Filename        : draft-amend-tsvwg-multipath-dccp-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2019-03-11

Abstract:
   DCCP communication is currently restricted to a single path per
   connection, yet multiple paths often exist between peers.  The
   simultaneous use of these multiple paths for a DCCP session could
   improve resource usage within the network and, thus, improve user
   experience through higher throughput and improved resilience to
   network failure.

   Multipath DCCP provides the ability to simultaneously use multiple
   paths between peers.  This document presents a set of extensions to
   traditional DCCP to support multipath operation.  The protocol offers
   the same type of service to applications as DCCP and it provides the
   components necessary to establish and use multiple DCCP flows across
   potentially disjoint paths.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-amend-tsvwg-multipath-dccp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-amend-tsvwg-multipath-dccp-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-amend-tsvwg-multipath-dccp-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/