Subject: I-D Action: draft-audeoudh-rpl-asymmetric-links-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 06:44:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Experimental observation of RPL: routing protocol overhead and asymmetric links
        Authors         : Henry-Joseph Audéoud
                          Martin Heusse
	Filename        : draft-audeoudh-rpl-asymmetric-links-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2019-03-11

Abstract:
   This document summarizes our observations of the behavior of RPL on a
   testbed composed of tens of IEEE 802.15.4 nodes.  Our first
   observation is that the continuous task of estimating the link metric
   to all candidate neighbors causes a significant background load.
   This traffic is persistent, even in a stable network where DIO
   transmissions are eventually widely spaced.  Next, this document
   focuses on the case of the presence of an asymmetric link, due to
   either a muted or a deaf node.  In these circumstances, the standard
   RPL mechanisms may well generate hundreds of routing messages per
   node and per hour.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-audeoudh-rpl-asymmetric-links/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-audeoudh-rpl-asymmetric-links-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-audeoudh-rpl-asymmetric-links-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/