Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-iccrg-rocev3-cm-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2019 16:47:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Requirements for RoCEv3 Congestion Management
        Authors         : Fei Chen
                          Wenhao Sun
                          Xiang Yu
	Filename        : draft-chen-iccrg-rocev3-cm-requirements-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2019-03-23

Abstract:
   On IP-routed datacenter networks, RDMA is deployed using RoCEv2
   protocol. RoCEv2 specification does not define the strong congestion
   management mechanisms and load balancing methods. RoCEv2 relies on
   the existing Link-Layer Flow-Control IEEE 802.1Qbb(Priority-based
   Flow Control, PFC)to provide a lossless fabric. RoCEv2 Congestion
   Management(RCM) use ECN(Explicit Congestion Notification, defined in
   RFC3168) to signal the congestion to the destination and use the
   congestion notification to reduce the rate of injection and increase
   the injection rate when the extent of congestion decreases. More and
   more practice of congestion management for RoCEv2 appear in the
   industry, such as DCQCN(Data Center Quantized Congestion
   Notification). There is a demanding for the new RoCEv3 protocol to
   provide stronger congestion management and load balancing mechanisms
   for RDMA deployment in modern datacenter.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-iccrg-rocev3-cm-requirements/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chen-iccrg-rocev3-cm-requirements-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-chen-iccrg-rocev3-cm-requirements-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/