Subject: I-D Action: draft-dunbar-idr-sdwan-port-safi-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2019 12:00:17 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Subsequent Address Family Indicator for SDWAN Ports
        Authors         : Linda Dunbar
                          Sue Hares
                          Haibo Wang
                          WeiGuo Hao
	Filename        : draft-dunbar-idr-sdwan-port-safi-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2019-03-04

Abstract:
   The document specifies a new BGP NLRI and SAFI for advertising
   properties of a SD-WAN edge node WAN ports that face untrusted
   networks, such as the public internet. Those WAN ports may get
   assigned IP addresses from the Internet Service Providers (ISPs),
   may get assigned dynamic IP addresses via DHCP, or may have private
   addresses (e.g. inside third party Cloud DCs). Packets sent over
   those SDWAN WAN ports might need to be encrypted (depending on the
   user policies) or need to go through NAT. SD-WAN edge need to
   propagate those WAN ports properties to its SDWAN controller, which
   propagates to the authorized peers and manage the IPsec SAs among
   those peers for encrypting traffic via the untrusted networks.

   BGP Route Reflectors (RR) are proposed as points of combination for
   this information in order to allow scaling of the SDWAN.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dunbar-idr-sdwan-port-safi/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dunbar-idr-sdwan-port-safi-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dunbar-idr-sdwan-port-safi-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/