Subject: I-D Action: draft-birkholz-rats-architecture-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 16:49:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Architecture and Reference Terminology for Remote Attestation Procedures
        Authors         : Henk Birkholz
                          Monty Wiseman
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          Ned Smith
	Filename        : draft-birkholz-rats-architecture-01.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2019-03-11

Abstract:
   Remote ATtestation ProcedureS (RATS) architecture facilitates the
   attestation of device characteristics that, in general, are based on
   specific trustworthiness qualities intrinsic to a device or service.
   It includes trusted computing functionality provided by device
   hardware and software that allows trustworthiness qualities to be
   asserted and verified as part of, or pre-requisite to, the device's
   normal operation.  The RATS architecture maps corresponding
   attestation functions and capabilities to specific RATS Roles.  The
   goal is to enable an appropriate conveyance of evidence about device
   trustworthiness via network protocols.  RATS Roles provide the
   endpoint context for understanding the various interaction semantics
   of the attestation lifecycle.  The RATS architecture provides the
   building block concepts, semantics, syntax and framework for
   interoperable attestation while remaining hardware-agnostic.  This
   flexibility is intended to address a significant variety of use-cases
   and scenarios involving interoperable attestation.  Example usages
   include, but are not limited to: financial transactions, voting
   machines, critical safety systems, network equipment health, or
   trustworthy end-user device management.  Existing industry
   attestation efforts may be helpful toward informing RATS
   architecture.  Such as: Remote Integrity VERification (RIVER), the
   creation of Entity Attestation Tokens (EAT), software integrity
   Measurement And ATtestation (MAAT)

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-birkholz-rats-architecture/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-birkholz-rats-architecture-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-birkholz-rats-architecture-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-birkholz-rats-architecture-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/