Subject: I-D Action: draft-mcbride-bier-ipv6-problem-statement-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2019 10:07:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Problem Statement of BIER IPv6 Encapsulation
        Authors         : Mike McBride
                          Jingrong Xie
                          Senthil Dhanaraj
	Filename        : draft-mcbride-bier-ipv6-problem-statement-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2019-03-08

Abstract:
   The BIER WG has a charter item to work on mechanisms which use BIER
   natively in IPv6.  This document is intended to help the WG with this
   effort by describing the problem space of transporting packets, with
   Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER) headers, in an IPv6
   environment.  There will be a need to send IPv6 payloads, to multiple
   IPv6 destinations, using BIER.  There have been several proposed
   solutions in this area.  But there hasn't been a document which
   describes the problem and why this may be necessary.  The goal of
   this document is to describe the BIER IPv6 problem space, basic use
   cases, why new solutions may be needed and briefly summarize some of
   the proposed solutions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mcbride-bier-ipv6-problem-statement/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mcbride-bier-ipv6-problem-statement-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mcbride-bier-ipv6-problem-statement-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mcbride-bier-ipv6-problem-statement-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/