Subject: I-D Action: draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 02:44:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Segment Routing for Enhanced VPN Service
        Authors         : Jie Dong
                          Stewart Bryant
                          Zhenqiang Li
                          Takuya Miyasaka
	Filename        : draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-03.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2019-03-11

Abstract:
   Enhanced VPN (VPN+) is an enhancement to VPN technology to enable it
   to support the needs of new applications, particularly applications
   that are associated with 5G services.  These applications require
   better isolation from both control and data plane's perspective and
   have more stringent performance requirements than can be provided
   with overlay VPNs.  The characteristics of an enhanced VPN as
   perceived by its tenant needs to be comparable to those of a
   dedicated private network.  This requires tight integration between
   the overlay VPN and the underlay network resources in a scalable
   manner.  An enhanced VPN may form the underpinning of 5G network
   slicing, but will also be of use in its own right.  This document
   describes the use of segment routing based mechanisms to provide the
   enhanced VPN service with dedicated network resources.  The proposed
   mechanism is applicable to both SR with MPLS data plane and SR with
   IPv6 data plane (SRv6).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/