Subject: I-D Action: draft-tschofenig-tls-cwt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 08:28:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Using CBOR Web Tokens (CWTs) in Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS)
        Authors         : Hannes Tschofenig
                          Mathias Brossard
	Filename        : draft-tschofenig-tls-cwt-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2019-03-11

Abstract:
   The TLS protocol supports different credentials, including pre-shared
   keys, raw public keys, and X.509 certificates.  For use with public
   key cryptography developers have to decide between raw public keys,
   which require out-of-band agreement and full-fletched X.509
   certificates.  For devices where the reduction of code size is
   important it is desirable to minimize the use of X.509-related
   libraries.  With the CBOR Web Token (CWT) a structure has been
   defined that allows CBOR-encoded claims to be protected with CBOR
   Object Signing and Encryption (COSE).

   This document registers a new value to the "TLS Certificate Types"
   subregistry to allow TLS and DTLS to use CWTs.  Conceptually, CWTs
   can be seen as a certificate format (when with public key
   cryptography) or a Kerberos ticket (when used with symmetric key
   cryptography).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tschofenig-tls-cwt/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tschofenig-tls-cwt-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-tschofenig-tls-cwt-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/