Subject: I-D Action: draft-white-distoptflood-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 13:23:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IS-IS Optimal Distributed Flooding for Dense Topologies
        Authors         : Russ White
                          Shawn Zandi
	Filename        : draft-white-distoptflood-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2019-03-31

Abstract:
   Dense topologies, such as data center fabrics based on the Clos and
   butterfly fabric topologies.  Flooding mechanisms designed for sparse
   topologies, when used in these dense topologies, can result in slower
   convergence times and higher resource utilization.  The modifications
   to the flooding mechanism in the Intermediate System to Intermediate
   System (IS-IS) link state protocol described in this document reduce
   resource utilization to a minimum, while increaseing convergence
   performance in dense topologies.

   Note that a Clos fabric is used as the primary example of a desne
   flooding topology throughout this document.  However, the flooding
   optimizations described in this document apply to any dense topology.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-white-distoptflood/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-white-distoptflood-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-white-distoptflood-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/