Subject: I-D Action: draft-luck-lamps-pep-header-protection-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 04:27:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : pretty Easy privacy (pEp): Header Protection
        Authors         : Claudio Luck
                          Bernie Hoeneisen
	Filename        : draft-luck-lamps-pep-header-protection-02.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2019-03-26

Abstract:
   Issues with email header protection in S/MIME have been recently
   raised in the IETF LAMPS Working Group.  The need for amendments to
   the existing specification regarding header protection was expressed.

   The pretty Easy privacy (pEp) implementations currently use a
   mechanism quite similar to the currently standardized message
   wrapping for S/MIME.  The main difference is that pEp is using PGP/
   MIME instead, and adds space for carrying public keys next to the
   protected message.

   In LAMPS voices have also been expressed, that whatever mechanism
   will be chosen, it should not be limited to S/MIME, but also
   applicable to PGP/MIME.

   This document aims to contribute to this discussion and share pEp
   implementation experience with email header protection.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-luck-lamps-pep-header-protection/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-luck-lamps-pep-header-protection-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-luck-lamps-pep-header-protection-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-luck-lamps-pep-header-protection-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/