Subject: I-D Action: draft-liu-pim-assert-packing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2019 22:11:53 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : PIM Assert Message Packing
        Authors         : Yisong Liu
                          Mike McBride
                          Toerless Eckert
	Filename        : draft-liu-pim-assert-packing-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2019-03-05

Abstract:
   In PIM-SM shared networks, there is typically more than one upstream
   router. When duplicate data packets appear on the LAN from different
   routers, assert packets are sent from these routers to elect a single
   forwarder. The PIM assert packets are sent periodically to keep the
   assert state. The PIM assert packet carries information about a
   single multicast source and group, along with the metric-preference
   and metric of the route towards the source or RP. This document
   defines a standard to send and receive multiple multicast source and
   group information in a single PIM assert packet in a shared network.
   This can be particularly helpful when there is traffic for a large
   number of multicast groups.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-liu-pim-assert-packing/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-liu-pim-assert-packing-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-liu-pim-assert-packing-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/