Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-atr-large-resp-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2019 02:22:55 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ATR: Additional Truncation Response for Large DNS Response
        Authors         : Linjian Song
                          Shengling Wang
	Filename        : draft-song-atr-large-resp-03.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2019-03-08

Abstract:
   As the increasing use of DNSSEC and IPv6, there are more public
   evidence and concerns on IPv6 fragmentation issues due to larger DNS
   payloads over IPv6.  This memo introduces an simple improvement on
   DNS server by replying an additional truncated response just after
   the normal fragmented response.  It can be used to relieve users
   suffering on DNS latency and failures due to large DNS response.  An
   ATR Experiment was done to show how well it works and some
   operational issues are discussed in this memo as well.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-atr-large-resp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-atr-large-resp-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-atr-large-resp-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-song-atr-large-resp-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/