Subject: I-D Action: draft-xiang-alto-multidomain-usecases-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 18:14:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : ALTO for Multi-Domain Applications: A Review of Use Cases and Design Requirements
        Authors         : Qiao Xiang
                          Franck Le
                          Y. Richard Yang
	Filename        : draft-xiang-alto-multidomain-usecases-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2019-03-10

Abstract:
   With the development of novel network technology, such as software
   defined networking and network function virtualization, many novel
   multi-domain applications, such as flexible interdomain routing,
   distributed, federated machine learning and multi-domain
   collaborative dataset transfer, have been deployed.  These
   applications can benefit substantially from the ALTO protocol
   [RFC7285], through which the information of multiple networks can be
   provided to applications.  This document first introduces several
   multi-domain applications and how they can benefit from ALTO.  It
   then describes a generic framework for multi-domain applications to
   use ALTO to improve the performance, followed by a discussion on new
   requirements and challenges for ALTO to better support these
   applications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xiang-alto-multidomain-usecases/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xiang-alto-multidomain-usecases-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-xiang-alto-multidomain-usecases-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/