Subject: I-D Action: draft-fattore-dmm-n6-cpdp-trafficsteering-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 11:23:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Control-/Data Plane Aspects for N6 Traffic Steering
        Authors         : Umberto Fattore
                          Marco Liebsch
	Filename        : draft-fattore-dmm-n6-cpdp-trafficsteering-01.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2019-03-11

Abstract:
   Current standardization effort on the evolution of the mobile
   communication system reconsiders the mobile data plane protocol.  The
   IETF DMM Working Group has work that proposes and analyzes various
   protocols as alternative to the GPRS Tunneling Protocol for User
   Plane (GTP-U) for an overlay deployment in between the mobile
   device's assigned data plane anchor and its current radio base
   station, which are denoted as N9 and N3 interfaces.  In the view of
   some future deployment and the original intent per the very early DMM
   WG charter, a mobile device's data plane anchor may be highly
   distributed and re-selected for optimization throughout a mobile
   device's communication with one or more correspondent services.  Such
   re-configuration has impact on the packet routing in between the
   mobile device's data plane anchor and the one or multiple data
   networks hosting the services, which is denoted as N6 interface.
   This draft proposes and discusses a solution to control, setup and
   maintain traffic treatment policy on the cellular communication
   system's N6 interface while taking the UE's PDU session settings per
   the cellular system's control plane, such as QoS and locator
   information, into account.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fattore-dmm-n6-cpdp-trafficsteering/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fattore-dmm-n6-cpdp-trafficsteering-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-fattore-dmm-n6-cpdp-trafficsteering-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fattore-dmm-n6-cpdp-trafficsteering-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/