Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-ipv6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 21:30:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element WG of the IETF.

        Title           : PCEP Extensions for Segment Routing leveraging the IPv6 data plane
        Authors         : Mahendra Singh Negi
                          Cheng Li
                          Siva Sivabalan
                          Prejeeth Kaladharan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-ipv6-00.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2019-03-10

Abstract:
   The Source Packet Routing in Networking (SPRING) architecture
   describes how Segment Routing (SR) can be used to steer packets
   through an IPv6 or MPLS network using the source routing paradigm.
   Segment Routing (SR) enables any head-end node to select any path
   without relying on a hop-by-hop signaling technique (e.g., LDP or
   RSVP-TE).

   It depends only on "segments" that are advertised by Link- State
   IGPs.  A Segment Routed Path can be derived from a variety of
   mechanisms, including an IGP Shortest Path Tree (SPT), explicit
   configuration, or a Path Computation Element (PCE).

   Since, Segment Routing can be applied to both MPLS and IPv6
   forwarding plane, a PCE should be able to compute SR-Path for both
   MPLS and IPv6 forwarding plane.  This draft describes the extensions
   required for Segment Routing support for IPv6 data plane in Path
   Computation Element communication Protocol (PCEP).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-ipv6/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-ipv6-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-ipv6-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/