Subject: I-D Action: draft-mkonstan-nf-service-density-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 13:35:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : NFV Service Density Benchmarking
        Authors         : Maciek Konstantynowicz
                          Peter Mikus
	Filename        : draft-mkonstan-nf-service-density-00.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2019-03-11

Abstract:
   Network Function Virtualization (NFV) system designers and operators
   continuously grapple with the problem of qualifying performance of
   network services realised with software Network Functions (NF)
   running on Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) servers.  One of the main
   challenges is getting repeatable and portable benchmarking results
   and using them to derive deterministic operating range that is
   production deployment worthy.

   This document specifies benchmarking methodology for NFV services
   that aims to address this problem space.  It defines a way for
   measuring performance of multiple NFV service instances, each
   composed of multiple software NFs, and running them at a varied
   service "packing" density on a single server.

   The aim is to discover deterministic usage range of NFV system.  In
   addition specified methodology can be used to compare and contrast
   different NFV virtualization technologies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mkonstan-nf-service-density/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mkonstan-nf-service-density-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mkonstan-nf-service-density-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/