Subject: I-D Action: draft-marques-pep-rating-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 15:49:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : pretty Easy privacy (pEp): Mapping of Privacy Rating
        Authors         : Hernani Marques
                          Bernie Hoeneisen
	Filename        : draft-marques-pep-rating-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2019-03-11

Abstract:
   In many Opportunistic Security scenarios end-to-end encryption is
   automatized for Internet users.  In addition, it is often required to
   provide the users with easy means to carry out authentication.

   Depending on several factors, each communication channel to different
   peers may have a different Privacy Status, e.g., unencrypted,
   encrypted and encrypted as well as authenticated.  Even each message
   from/to a single peer may have a different Privacy Status.

   To display the actual Privacy Status to the user, this document
   defines a Privacy Rating scheme and its mapping to a traffic-light
   semantics.  A Privacy Status is defined on a per-message basis as
   well as on a per-identity basis.  The traffic-light semantics (as
   color rating) allows for a clear and easily understandable
   presentation to the user in order to optimize the User Experience
   (UX).

   This rating system is most beneficial to Opportunistic Security
   scenarios and is already implemented in several applications of
   pretty Easy privacy (pEp).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-marques-pep-rating/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-marques-pep-rating-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-marques-pep-rating-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-marques-pep-rating-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/