Subject: I-D Action: draft-wood-linkable-identifiers-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 12:37:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Linkable Identifiers
        Author          : Christopher A. Wood
	Filename        : draft-wood-linkable-identifiers-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2019-04-24

Abstract:
   Rotating public identifiers is encouraged as best practice as a means
   of protecting endpoint privacy.  For example, regular MAC address
   randomization helps mitigate device tracking across time and space.
   Other protocols beyond those in the link layer also have public
   identifiers or parameters that should rotate over time, in unison
   with coupled protocol identifiers, and perhaps with application level
   identifiers.  This document surveys such privacy-related identifiers
   exposed by common Internet protocols at various layers in a network
   stack.  It provides advice for rotating linked identifiers such that
   privacy violations do not occur from rotating one identifier while
   neglecting to rotate coupled identifiers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wood-linkable-identifiers/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wood-linkable-identifiers-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wood-linkable-identifiers-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wood-linkable-identifiers-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/