Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 10:50:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Postcard-based On-Path Flow Data Telemetry
        Authors         : Haoyu Song
                          Tianran Zhou
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Jongyoon Shin
	Filename        : draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry-03.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2019-04-22

Abstract:
   The Postcard-Based Telemetry (PBT) allows network OAM applications to
   collect telemetry data about any user packet.  Unlike the E2E and
   trace modes in in-situ OAM (IOAM), PBT does not require user packets
   to carry any telemetry data, but directly exports the telemetry data
   from network nodes to a collector through separated OAM packets
   called postcards.  Two variations of PBT, PBT-I and PBT-M, are
   described.  PBT-I requires inserting an instruction header to user
   packets to guide the data collection.  PBT-I is designed as another
   mode of IOAM, Per-Hop Postcard (PHP), to complement the existing
   operational modes of IOAM.  PBT-M only marks the user packets or
   configure the flow filter to invoke the data collection.  PBT-M also
   provides a complement to IOAM and address several implementation and
   deployment challenges of it.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/