Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-39.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 10:22:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Transmission of IPv6 Packets over IEEE 802.11 Networks operating in mode Outside the Context of a Basic Service Set (IPv6-over-80211-OCB)
        Authors         : Alexandre Petrescu
                          Nabil Benamar
                          Jerome Haerri
                          Jong-Hyouk Lee
                          Thierry Ernst
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-39.txt
	Pages           : 44
	Date            : 2019-04-14

Abstract:
   In order to transmit IPv6 packets on IEEE 802.11 networks running
   outside the context of a basic service set (OCB, earlier "802.11p")
   there is a need to define a few parameters such as the supported
   Maximum Transmission Unit size on the 802.11-OCB link, the header
   format preceding the IPv6 header, the Type value within it, and
   others.  This document describes these parameters for IPv6 and IEEE
   802.11-OCB networks; it portrays the layering of IPv6 on 802.11-OCB
   similarly to other known 802.11 and Ethernet layers - by using an
   Ethernet Adaptation Layer.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-39
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-39

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-39

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/