Subject: I-D Action: draft-wilde-registries-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 01:28:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Use of Registries
        Author          : Erik Wilde
	Filename        : draft-wilde-registries-02.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2019-04-23

Abstract:
   Registries for Internet and Web protocols fulfill a wide range of
   tasks, ranging from low-level networking aspects such as packet type
   identifiers, all the way up to application-level protocols and
   standards.  This document summarizes some of the reasons of why,
   when, and how to use registries.  It serves as an informative
   reference for specification writers considering whether to create and
   manage a registry, allowing them to better understand some of the
   issues associated with certain design and operational decisions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wilde-registries/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wilde-registries-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wilde-registries-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wilde-registries-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/