Subject: I-D Action: draft-sriram-sidrops-drop-invalid-policy-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 19:47:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Origin Validation Policy Considerations for Dropping Invalid Routes
        Authors         : Kotikalapudi Sriram
                          Oliver Borchert
                          Doug Montgomery
	Filename        : draft-sriram-sidrops-drop-invalid-policy-03.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2019-04-22

Abstract:
   Deployment of Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) and Route
   Origin Authorizations (ROAs) is expected to occur gradually over
   several or many years.  During the incremental deployment period,
   network operators would wish to have a meaningful policy for dropping
   Invalid routes.  Their goal is to balance (A) dropping Invalid routes
   so hijacked routes can be eliminated, versus (B) tolerance for
   missing or erroneously created ROAs for customer prefixes.  This
   document considers a Drop Invalid if Still Routable (DISR) policy
   that is based on these considerations.  The key principle of DISR
   policy is that an Invalid route can be dropped if a Valid or NotFound
   route exists for a subsuming less specific prefix.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sriram-sidrops-drop-invalid-policy/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sriram-sidrops-drop-invalid-policy-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sriram-sidrops-drop-invalid-policy-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sriram-sidrops-drop-invalid-policy-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/