Subject: I-D Action: draft-xu-lsr-ospf-flooding-reduction-in-msdc-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 02:40:46 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : OSPF Flooding Reduction in MSDC
        Authors         : Xiaohu Xu
                          Luyuan Fang
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Shaowen Ma
	Filename        : draft-xu-lsr-ospf-flooding-reduction-in-msdc-02.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2019-04-22

Abstract:
   OSPF is commonly used as an underlay routing protocol for MSDC
   (Massively Scalable Data Center) networks.  For a given OSPF router
   within the CLOS topology, it would receive multiple copies of exactly
   the same LSA from multiple OSPF neighbors.  In addition, two OSPF
   neighbors may send each other the same LSA simultaneously.  The
   unnecessary link-state information flooding wastes the precious
   process resource of OSPF routers greatly due to the fact that there
   are too many OSPF neighbors for each OSPF router within the CLOS
   topology.  This document proposes some extensions to OSPF so as to
   reduce the OSPF flooding within MSDC networks greatly.  The reduction
   of the OSPF flooding is much beneficial to improve the scalability of
   MSDC networks.  These modifications are applicable to both OSPFv2 and
   OSPFv3.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xu-lsr-ospf-flooding-reduction-in-msdc/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xu-lsr-ospf-flooding-reduction-in-msdc-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-xu-lsr-ospf-flooding-reduction-in-msdc-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-xu-lsr-ospf-flooding-reduction-in-msdc-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/