Subject: I-D Action: draft-kong-sdnrg-routing-optimization-sdn-in-dc-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2019 19:24:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Routing Optimization with SDN in Data Center Networks
        Authors         : Qian Kong
                          Tao Gao
                          Dajiang Wang
                          Zhenyu Wang
                          Jiayu Wang
                          Bingli Guo
                          Shanguo Huang
	Filename        : draft-kong-sdnrg-routing-optimization-sdn-in-dc-06.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2019-04-05

Abstract:
   With the open and standard programmatic interface and the flexibility
   of controlling network, Software Defined Network (SDN) can obviously
   simplify and integrate operation and business support systems. As a
   consequence, to satisfy the rising switching demand in the data
   center network, it is a good option to adopt SDN technology. In
   addition, current architecture of data center network is far from
   ideality, which results in the low utilization rate in bandwidth
   resource. For example, mice flow cannot be well effectively served in
   the conventional Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) optical
   network with at least 50GHz spectrum interval. From a data center
   network perspective, it is necessary to further improve the resource
   utilization efficiency and the flexibility of coping with different
   traffic.

   This document described an optical data center interconnect, which
   comprises both the fixed and flexible grid transceivers. A traffic
   monitor is implemented in the SDN-based data center network to
   evaluate the coming traffic demands and allocate appropriate spectrum
   for the request. For instance, mice flow can be served by fixed grid
   transceivers, well the elephant flows can be transmitted by the
   flexi-grid transceiver using multiple subcarriers to form a
   superchannel. Thus, spectrum efficiency is optimized and bandwidth
   utilization is improved dramatically.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kong-sdnrg-routing-optimization-sdn-in-dc/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kong-sdnrg-routing-optimization-sdn-in-dc-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kong-sdnrg-routing-optimization-sdn-in-dc-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kong-sdnrg-routing-optimization-sdn-in-dc-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/