Subject: I-D Action: draft-watson-dinrg-delmap-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2019 18:40:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Delegated Distributed Mappings
        Authors         : Sydney Li
                          Colin Man
                          Jean-Luc Watson
	Filename        : draft-watson-dinrg-delmap-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2019-04-25

Abstract:
   Delegated namespaces underpin almost every Internet-scale system -
   domain name management, IP address allocation, Public Key
   Infrastructure, etc. - but are centrally managed by entities with
   unilateral revocation authority and no common interface.  This draft
   specifies a generalized scheme for delegation that supports explicit
   time-bound guarantees and limits misuse.  Mappings may be secured by
   any general purpose distributed consensus protocol that supports
   voting; clients can query the local state of any number of
   participants and receive the correct result, barring a compromise at
   the consensus layer.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-watson-dinrg-delmap/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-watson-dinrg-delmap-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-watson-dinrg-delmap-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-watson-dinrg-delmap-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/