Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-intarea-nat64-prefix-dhcp-option-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2019 03:31:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DHCPv6 Options for Discovery NAT64 Prefixes
        Authors         : Lishan Li
                          Yong Cui
                          Cong Liu
                          Jianping Wu
                          Fred Baker
                          Jordi Palet Martinez
	Filename        : draft-li-intarea-nat64-prefix-dhcp-option-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2019-04-20

Abstract:
   Several IPv6 transition mechanisms require the usage of stateless or
   stateful translators (commonly named as NAT64) able to allow IP/ICMP
   communication between IPv4 and IPv6 networks.

   Those translators are using either a default Well-Known Prefix (WKP),
   and/or one or several additional Network Specific Prefixes (NSP),
   which need to be configured into the nodes willing to use the
   translator.  Different translators will likely have different IPv6
   prefixes, to attract traffic to the correct translator.  Thus, an
   automatic translator prefix discovery method is necessary.

   This document defines a DHCPv6-based method to inform DHCPv6 clients
   the set of IPv6 and IPv4 prefixes it serves.  This DHCPv6 option can
   be used by several transition mechanisms such as SIIT, 464XLAT, EAM.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-intarea-nat64-prefix-dhcp-option/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-intarea-nat64-prefix-dhcp-option-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-intarea-nat64-prefix-dhcp-option-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-li-intarea-nat64-prefix-dhcp-option-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/