Subject: I-D Action: draft-atkins-openpgp-device-certificates-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 14:25:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : OpenPGP Extensions for Device Certificates
        Author          : Derek Atkins
	Filename        : draft-atkins-openpgp-device-certificates-04.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2019-04-10

Abstract:
   The OpenPGP Message Formats defined in RFC 4880 specify packet
   formats and methods for combining those packets to form messages and
   certificates.  However RFC 4880 made an architectural decision that
   keys are owned by users and must be self-certified.  New use cases
   have emerged where that is not the case.  There is a desire to have
   certificates that are not tied to a user (e.g. device certificates)
   which may only have encryption keys so may not be self certifiable.
   Moreover, devices might be space constrained so reducing size is
   important.  This draft specifies extensions to (and updates) RFC 4880
   that loosen the definitions of certificates in order to enable
   userless certificates without self-certifications and specifies a set
   of notations to enable compact device certifications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-atkins-openpgp-device-certificates/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-atkins-openpgp-device-certificates-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-atkins-openpgp-device-certificates-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-atkins-openpgp-device-certificates-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/