Subject: I-D Action: draft-brown-ec-2y2-x3-x-mod-8-to-91-plus-5-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2019 13:40:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Elliptic curve 2y^2=x^3+x over field size 8^91+5
        Author          : Dan Brown
	Filename        : draft-brown-ec-2y2-x3-x-mod-8-to-91-plus-5-03.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2019-04-04

Abstract:
  This document recommends using a special elliptic curve alongside
  dissimilar curves, such as NIST P-256, Curve25519, sect283k1,
  Brainpool, and random curves, as a cryptographic defense against an
  unlikely, undisclosed attack against mainstream curves.  Features of
  this curve 2y^2=x^3+x/GF(8^91+5) are: isomorphism to Miller curves
  from 1985; Montgomery form mappable to Edwards; simple field
  powering for inversion, Legendre symbol, and square roots; efficient
  endomorphism to speed up Diffie--Hellman with Bernstein's 2-D
  ladder; 34-byte keys; similarity to Bitcoin curve; hashing-to-point;
  low Kolmogorov complexity (low risk of backdoor).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-brown-ec-2y2-x3-x-mod-8-to-91-plus-5/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-brown-ec-2y2-x3-x-mod-8-to-91-plus-5-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-brown-ec-2y2-x3-x-mod-8-to-91-plus-5-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-brown-ec-2y2-x3-x-mod-8-to-91-plus-5-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/