Subject: I-D Action: draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 01:33:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Security Considerations for Transient Numeric Identifiers Employed in Network Protocols
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Ivan Arce
	Filename        : draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations-03.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2019-03-11

Abstract:
   For more than 30 years, a large number of implementations of the TCP/
   IP protocol suite have been subject to a variety of attacks, with
   effects ranging from Denial of Service (DoS) or data injection, to
   information leakage that could be exploited for pervasive monitoring.
   The root of these issues has been, in many cases, the poor selection
   of transient identifiers in such protocols, usually as a result of an
   insufficient or misleading specifications.  This document formally
   updates RFC3552, such that RFCs are required to perform a security
   and privacy analysis of the transient numeric identifiers they
   specify.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gont-numeric-ids-sec-considerations-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/