Subject: I-D Action: draft-aranda-dispatch-q4s-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 06:37:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Quality for Service Protocol
        Authors         : Jose Javier Garcia Aranda
                          Monica Cortes
                          Joaquin Salvachua
                          Maribel Narganes
                          Inaki Martinez Sarriegui
	Filename        : draft-aranda-dispatch-q4s-09.txt
	Pages           : 83
	Date            : 2019-05-13

Abstract:
   This memo describes an application level protocol for the
   communication of end-to-end QoS compliance information based on
   the   Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) and the Session
   Description Protocol (SDP).  The Quality for Service Protocol
   (Q4S) provides a mechanism to negotiate and monitor latency,
   jitter, bandwidth, and packet, and to alert whenever one of the
   negotiated conditions is violated.

   Implementation details on the actions to be triggered upon
   reception/detection of QoS alerts exchanged by the protocol are
   out of scope of this document, it is application dependent (e.g.,
   act to increase quality or reduce bit-rate) or network dependent
   (e.g., change connection's quality profile).

   This protocol specification is the product of research conducted
   over a number of years, and is presented here as a permanent
   record and to offer a foundation for future similar work.  It does
   not represent a standard protocol and does not have IETF
   consensus.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-aranda-dispatch-q4s/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-aranda-dispatch-q4s-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-aranda-dispatch-q4s-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-aranda-dispatch-q4s-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/