Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-isis-mpls-elc-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 00:34:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Link State Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Signaling Entropy Label Capability and Entropy Readable Label Depth Using IS-IS
        Authors         : Xiaohu Xu
                          Sriganesh Kini
                          Peter Psenak
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Stephane Litkowski
	Filename        : draft-ietf-isis-mpls-elc-07.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2019-05-14

Abstract:
   Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) has defined a mechanism to load-
   balance traffic flows using Entropy Labels (EL).  An ingress Label
   Switching Router (LSR) cannot insert ELs for packets going into a
   given Label Switched Path (LSP) unless an egress LSR has indicated
   via signaling that it has the capability of processing ELs, referred
   to as Entropy Label Capability (ELC), on that tunnel.  In addition,
   it would be useful for ingress LSRs to know each LSR's capability of
   reading the maximum label stack depth and performing EL-based load-
   balancing, referred to as Entropy Readable Label Depth (ERLD).  This
   document defines a mechanism to signal these two capabilities using
   IS-IS.  These mechanisms are particularly useful, where label
   advertisements are done via protocols like IS-IS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-mpls-elc/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-isis-mpls-elc-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-isis-mpls-elc-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-isis-mpls-elc-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/