Subject: I-D Action: draft-herbert-6man-exp-opts-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 09:53:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Shared Use of Experimental Hop-by-Hop and Destination Options
        Author          : Tom Herbert
	Filename        : draft-herbert-6man-exp-opts-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2019-05-22

Abstract:
   This document describes how the experimental IPv6 Hop-by-Hop and
   Destinations Option types can concurrently support different
   experimental options. This is accomplished by employing a format in
   the Option Data for experimental option types. The format contains an
   experiment identifier that indicates an experimental option contained
   in the trailing Option Data. This approach is robust to experiments
   that are not registered and to those that do not use this sharing
   mechanism.  It is recommended for all new Destination and Hop-by-Hop
   options that use experimental codepoints.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-herbert-6man-exp-opts/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-herbert-6man-exp-opts-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-herbert-6man-exp-opts-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-herbert-6man-exp-opts-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/