Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-sipbrandy-osrtp-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 May 2019 04:35:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIP Best-practice Recommendations Against Network Dangers to privacY WG of the IETF.

        Title           : An Opportunistic Approach for Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (OSRTP)
        Authors         : Alan Johnston
                          Bernard Aboba
                          Andrew Hutton
                          Roland Jesske
                          Thomas Stach
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipbrandy-osrtp-09.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2019-05-01

Abstract:
   Opportunistic Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (OSRTP) is an
   implementation of the Opportunistic Security mechanism, as defined in
   RFC 7435, applied to Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP).  OSRTP
   allows encrypted media to be used in environments where support for
   encryption is not known in advance, and not required.  OSRTP does not
   require SDP extensions or features and is fully backwards compatible
   with existing implementations using encrypted and authenticated media
   and implementations that do not encrypt or authenticate media
   packets.  OSRTP is not specific to any key management technique for
   SRTP.  OSRTP is a transitional approach useful for migrating existing
   deployments of real-time communications to a fully encrypted and
   authenticated state.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipbrandy-osrtp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipbrandy-osrtp-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-sipbrandy-osrtp-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sipbrandy-osrtp-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/