Subject: I-D Action: draft-uttaro-idr-bgp-persistence-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 03:49:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Support for Long-lived BGP Graceful Restart
        Authors         : James Uttaro
                          Enke Chen
                          Bruno Decraene
                          John G. Scudder
	Filename        : draft-uttaro-idr-bgp-persistence-05.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2019-05-23

Abstract:
   In this document we introduce a new BGP capability termed "Long-lived
   Graceful Restart Capability" so that stale routes can be retained for
   a longer time upon session failure.  A well-known BGP community
   "LLGR_STALE" is introduced for marking stale routes retained for a
   longer time.  A second well-known BGP community, "NO_LLGR", is
   introduced to mark routes for which these procedures should not be
   applied.  We also specify that such long-lived stale routes be
   treated as the least-preferred, and their advertisements be limited
   to BGP speakers that have advertised the new capability.  Use of this
   extension is not advisable in all cases, and we provide guidelines to
   help determine if it is.

   We update RFC 6368 by specifying that the LLGR_STALE community must
   be propagated into, or out of, the path attributes exchanged between
   PE and CE.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-uttaro-idr-bgp-persistence/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-uttaro-idr-bgp-persistence-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-uttaro-idr-bgp-persistence-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-uttaro-idr-bgp-persistence-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/