Subject: I-D Action: draft-west-cookie-samesite-firstparty-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 06:06:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : First-Party Sets and SameSite Cookies
        Author          : Mike West
	Filename        : draft-west-cookie-samesite-firstparty-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2019-05-10

Abstract:
   This document proposes the addition of two new values to the
   "SameSite" cookie attribute defined in RFC6265bis
   [I-D.ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis]: "FirstPartyLax" and
   "FirstPartyStrict".  These values are conceptually similar to the
   existing "Lax" and "Strict" values, but base the delivery checks on
   the First-Party Sets [first-party-set] of a request's initiator and
   target, rather than on their respective registrable domains.  This
   widens the scope of a given cookie's applicability, enabling entities
   that have sharded themselves across multiple registrable domains to
   maintain HTTP state without exposing themselves to the risks of
   "SameSite=None".

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-west-cookie-samesite-firstparty/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-west-cookie-samesite-firstparty-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-west-cookie-samesite-firstparty-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-west-cookie-samesite-firstparty-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/