Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tls-dtls-connection-id-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 May 2019 04:58:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Layer Security WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Connection Identifiers for DTLS 1.2
        Authors         : Eric Rescorla
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          Thomas Fossati
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tls-dtls-connection-id-05.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2019-05-06

Abstract:
   This document specifies the Connection ID (CID) construct for the
   Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) protocol version 1.2.

   A CID is an identifier carried in the record layer header that gives
   the recipient additional information for selecting the appropriate
   security association.  In "classical" DTLS, selecting a security
   association of an incoming DTLS record is accomplished with the help
   of the 5-tuple.  If the source IP address and/or source port changes
   during the lifetime of an ongoing DTLS session then the receiver will
   be unable to locate the correct security context.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-dtls-connection-id/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-dtls-connection-id-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tls-dtls-connection-id-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tls-dtls-connection-id-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/