Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-hrpc-political-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 08:41:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Human Rights Protocol Considerations RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Notes on networking standards and politics
        Author          : Niels ten Oever
	Filename        : draft-irtf-hrpc-political-03.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2019-05-17

Abstract:
   The IETF cannot ordain what standards or protocols are to be used on
   networks, but the standards development process in the IETF does have
   an impact on society through its normative standards setting process.
   Among other things, the IETF's work affects what is perceived as
   technologically possible and useful where networking technologies are
   being deployed, and its standards reflect what is considered by the
   technical community to be feasible and good practice.  Whereas there
   might not be agreement among the Internet protocol community on the
   specific political nature of the technological development process
   and its outputs, it is undisputed that standards and protocols are
   both products of a political process, and they can also be used for
   political means.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-hrpc-political/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-hrpc-political-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-hrpc-political-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-hrpc-political-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/