Subject: I-D Action: draft-hallambaker-iab-deployment-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 May 2019 07:09:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Devil is in the Deployment
        Author          : Phillip Hallam-Baker
	Filename        : draft-hallambaker-iab-deployment-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2019-05-03

Abstract:
   The defining feature of a standard is that it be widely, preferably
   ubiquitously used.  The deployment strategies of previous protocol
   standardization efforts are compared and best practice suggested for
   application and infrastructure protocol deployment strategies are
   described.  Recommendations for enabling deployment of specific
   protocols and for future IETF working practices are made.

   This draft is a generalization of the principles used to develop the
   deployment strategy for the Mathematical Mesh.  Many documents
   describing deployment considerations have been developed during the
   development of the Mesh and these have motivated many changes to the
   design during the course of development.

   The Mesh is consciously and deliberately modeled on the same
   strategies that succeeded in the Web. Some of these strategies are
   well known:

   Other parts of the Web strategy have not been widely discussed.  This
   paper presents some parts of the strategy most relevant to the IAB
   workshop program.

   This document is also available online at
   http://mathmesh.com/Documents/draft-hallambaker-iab-deployment.html
   [1] .

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hallambaker-iab-deployment/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hallambaker-iab-deployment-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hallambaker-iab-deployment-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/