Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis-16.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 05:20:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Dissemination of Flow Specification Rules
        Authors         : Christoph Loibl
                          Susan Hares
                          Robert Raszuk
                          Danny McPherson
                          Martin Bacher
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis-16.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2019-05-31

Abstract:
   This document defines a Border Gateway Protocol Network Layer
   Reachability Information (BGP NLRI) encoding format that can be used
   to distribute traffic Flow Specifications.  This allows the routing
   system to propagate information regarding more specific components of
   the traffic aggregate defined by an IP destination prefix.

   It specifies IPv4 traffic Flow Specifications via a BGP NLRI which
   carries traffic Flow Specification filter, and an Extended community
   value which encodes actions a routing system can take if the packet
   matches the traffic flow filters.  The flow filters and the actions
   are processed in a fixed order.  Other drafts specify IPv6, MPLS
   addresses, L2VPN addresses, and NV03 encapsulation of IP addresses.

   This document obsoletes RFC5575 and RFC7674 to correct unclear
   specifications in the flow filters.

   Applications which use the bgp Flow Specification are: 1) application
   which automate inter-domain coordination of traffic filtering, such
   as what is required in order to mitigate (distributed) denial-of-
   service attacks; 2) applications which control traffic filtering in
   the context of a BGP/MPLS VPN service, and 3) applications with
   centralized control of traffic in a SDN or NFV context.  Some
   deployments of these three applications can be handled by the strict
   ordering of the BGP NLRI traffic flow filters, and the strict actions
   encoded in the extended community Flow Specification actions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis-16
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis-16

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-rfc5575bis-16

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/