Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-lamps-cms-mix-with-psk-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 08:02:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX and SMIME WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Using Pre-Shared Key (PSK) in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
        Author          : Russ Housley
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lamps-cms-mix-with-psk-04.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2019-05-10

Abstract:
   The invention of a large-scale quantum computer would pose a serious
   challenge for the cryptographic algorithms that are widely deployed
   today.  The Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) supports key transport
   and key agreement algorithms that could be broken by the invention of
   such a quantum computer.  By storing communications that are
   protected with the CMS today, someone could decrypt them in the
   future when a large-scale quantum computer becomes available.  Once
   quantum-secure key management algorithms are available, the CMS will
   be extended to support the new algorithms, if the existing syntax
   does not accommodate them.  In the near-term, this document describes
   a mechanism to protect today's communication from the future
   invention of a large-scale quantum computer by mixing the output of
   key transport and key agreement algorithms with a pre-shared key.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-cms-mix-with-psk/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lamps-cms-mix-with-psk-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lamps-cms-mix-with-psk-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lamps-cms-mix-with-psk-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/