Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-hrpc-political-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 03:48:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Human Rights Protocol Considerations RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Notes on networking standards and politics
        Author          : Niels ten Oever
	Filename        : draft-irtf-hrpc-political-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2019-05-16

Abstract:
   The IETF cannot ordain what standards or protocols are to be used on
   networks, but the standards development process in the IETF has a
   normative effect.  Among other things, the IETF's work affects what
   is perceived as technologically possible and useful where networking
   technologies are being deployed, and its standards reflect what is
   considered by the technical community to be feasible and good
   practice.  Because the IETF's protocols mediate many aspects of
   modern life, and therefore contribute to the ordering of societies
   and communities, the consideration of the potential social impact of
   protocols should be part of the standardization and development
   process.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-hrpc-political/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-hrpc-political-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-hrpc-political-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-hrpc-political-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/