Subject: I-D Action: draft-chen-detnet-sr-based-bounded-latency-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 May 2019 02:50:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Segment Routing (SR) Based Bounded Latency
        Authors         : Mach(Guoyi) Chen
                          Xuesong Geng
                          Zhenqiang Li
	Filename        : draft-chen-detnet-sr-based-bounded-latency-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2019-05-07

Abstract:
   One of the goals of DetNet is to provide bounded end-to-end latency
   for critical flows.  This document defines how to leverage Segment
   Routing (SR) to implement bounded latency.  Specifically, the SR
   Identifier (SID) is used to specify transmission time (cycles) of a
   packet.  When forwarding devices along the path follow the
   instructions carried in the packet, the bounded latency is achieved.
   This is called Cycle Specified Queuing and Forwarding (CSQF) in this
   document.

   Since SR is a source routing technology, no per-flow state is
   maintained at intermediate and egress nodes, SR-based CSQF naturally
   supports flow aggregation that is deemed to be a key capability to
   allow DetNet to scale to large networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chen-detnet-sr-based-bounded-latency/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chen-detnet-sr-based-bounded-latency-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-chen-detnet-sr-based-bounded-latency-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-chen-detnet-sr-based-bounded-latency-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/