Subject: I-D Action: draft-klensin-idna-rfc5891bis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 12:40:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Internationalized Domain Names in Applications (IDNA): Registry Restrictions and Recommendations
        Authors         : John C Klensin
                          Asmus Freytag
	Filename        : draft-klensin-idna-rfc5891bis-03.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2019-07-22

Abstract:
   The IDNA specifications for internationalized domain names combine
   rules that determine the labels that are allowed in the DNS without
   violating the protocol itself and an assignment of responsibility,
   consistent with earlier specifications, for determining the labels
   that are allowed in particular zones.  Conformance to IDNA by
   registries and other implementations requires both parts.  Experience
   strongly suggests that the language describing those responsibilities
   was insufficiently clear to promote safe and interoperable use of the
   specifications and that more details and discussion of circumstances
   would have been helpful.  Without making any substantive changes to
   IDNA, this specification updates two of the core IDNA documents (RFC
   5980 and 5891) and the IDNA explanatory document (RFC 5894) to
   provide that guidance and to correct some technical errors in the
   descriptions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-klensin-idna-rfc5891bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-klensin-idna-rfc5891bis-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-klensin-idna-rfc5891bis-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-klensin-idna-rfc5891bis-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/