Subject: I-D Action: draft-gundogan-icnrg-iotqos-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 11:13:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Quality of Service for ICN in the IoT
        Authors         : Cenk Gundogan
                          Thomas C. Schmidt
                          Matthias Waehlisch
                          Michael Frey
                          Felix Shzu-Juraschek
                          Jakob Pfender
	Filename        : draft-gundogan-icnrg-iotqos-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
   This document describes manageable resources in ICN IoT deployments
   and a lightweight traffic classification method for mapping
   priorities to resources.  Management methods are further derived for
   controlling latency and reliability of traffic flows in constrained
   environments.  This work includes a distributed management of the
   heterogeneous resources (i) forwarding capacities, (ii) Pending
   Interest Table (PIT) space, and (iii) in-network data storage.  By
   correlating these common ICN resources, performance measures can be
   optimized without sacrificing concurrent traffic demands.  Different
   from the IP world, QoS in ICN can be benifical for all participants
   and manage 'quality instead of unfairness'.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gundogan-icnrg-iotqos/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gundogan-icnrg-iotqos-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gundogan-icnrg-iotqos-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gundogan-icnrg-iotqos-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/