Subject: I-D Action: draft-gomez-tcpm-ack-pull-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2019 08:08:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : TCP ACK Pull
        Authors         : Carles Gomez
                          Jon Crowcroft
	Filename        : draft-gomez-tcpm-ack-pull-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2019-07-01

Abstract:
   Delayed Acknowledgments (ACKs) allow reducing protocol overhead in
   many scenarios.  However, in some cases, Delayed ACKs may
   significantly degrade network and device performance in terms of link
   utilization, latency, memory usage and/or energy consumption.  This
   document defines the TCP ACK Pull (AKP) mechanism, which allows a
   sender to request the ACK for a data segment to be sent without
   additional delay by the receiver.  AKP makes use of one of the
   reserved bits in the TCP header, which is defined in this
   specification as the AKP flag.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gomez-tcpm-ack-pull/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gomez-tcpm-ack-pull-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gomez-tcpm-ack-pull-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/