Subject: I-D Action: draft-hal-adot-operational-considerations-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 11:52:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Authoritative DNS-over-TLS Operational Considerations
        Authors         : Karl Henderson
                          Tim April
                          Jason Livingood
	Filename        : draft-hal-adot-operational-considerations-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
   DNS over TLS (DoT) has been gaining attention, primarily as a means
   of communication between stub resolvers and recursive resolvers.
   There have also been discussions and experiments involving the use of
   DoT to communicate with authoritative nameservers (Authoritative DNS
   over TLS or "ADoT"), including communication between recursive and
   authoritative resolvers.  However, we have identified a number of
   operational concerns with ADoT.  These operational concerns need to
   be addressed prior to ADoT's deployment at scale by DNS operators in
   order to maintain the stability and resilience of the global DNS.
   The document also provides some suggested next steps to advance the
   operator community's understanding of ADoT's operational impact.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hal-adot-operational-considerations/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hal-adot-operational-considerations-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hal-adot-operational-considerations-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/