Subject: I-D Action: draft-schinazi-masque-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 17:00:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The MASQUE Protocol
        Author          : David Schinazi
	Filename        : draft-schinazi-masque-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
   This document describes MASQUE (Multiplexed Application Substrate
   over QUIC Encryption).  MASQUE is a mechanism that allows co-locating
   and obfuscating networking applications behind an HTTPS web server.
   The currently prevalent use-case is to allow running a proxy or VPN
   server that is indistinguishable from an HTTPS server to any
   unauthenticated observer.  We do not expect major providers and CDNs
   to deploy this behind their main TLS certificate, as they are not
   willing to take the risk of getting blocked, as shown when domain
   fronting was blocked.  An expected use would be for individuals to
   enable this behind their personal websites via easy to configure
   open-source software.

   This document is a straw-man proposal.  It does not contain enough
   details to implement the protocol, and is currently intended to spark
   discussions on the approach it is taking.  Discussion of this work is
   encouraged to happen on the MASQUE IETF mailing list [email-masked]
   [1] or on the GitHub repository which contains the draft:
   https://github.com/DavidSchinazi/masque-drafts [2].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schinazi-masque/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schinazi-masque-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-schinazi-masque-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-schinazi-masque-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/