Subject: I-D Action: draft-harkins-eap-pwd-prime-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 10:50:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Improved Extensible Authentication Protocol Using Only a Password
        Author          : Dan Harkins
	Filename        : draft-harkins-eap-pwd-prime-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2019-07-24

Abstract:
   Passwords are a popular form of credential for user authentication.
   EAP-pwd (RFC 5931) is a popular method of performing secure password
   authenticaiton.  EAP-pwd requires a secret element in a finite cyclic
   group, unfortunately the technique it uses to derive this secret is
   open to timing and cache attacks.  This improved version, EAP-pwd',
   uses a different technique to derive the secret element which is
   resistant to timing and cache attacks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-harkins-eap-pwd-prime/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-harkins-eap-pwd-prime-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-harkins-eap-pwd-prime-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/