Subject: I-D Action: draft-hinden-6man-mtu-option-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2019 11:16:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 Minimum Path MTU Hop-by-Hop Option
        Authors         : Robert M. Hinden
                          Godred Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-hinden-6man-mtu-option-02.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2019-07-05

Abstract:
   This document specifies a new Hop-by-Hop IPv6 option that is used to
   record the minimum Path MTU along the forward path between a source
   to a destination host.  This collects a minimum recorded MTU along
   the path to the destination.  The value can then be communicated back
   to the source using the return Path MTU field in the option.

   This Hop-by-Hop option is intended to be used in environments like
   Data Centers and on paths between Data Centers, to allow them to
   better take advantage of paths able to support a large Path MTU.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hinden-6man-mtu-option/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hinden-6man-mtu-option-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hinden-6man-mtu-option-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hinden-6man-mtu-option-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/