Subject: I-D Action: draft-kunze-coin-industrial-use-cases-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2019 10:07:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Industrial Use Cases for In-Network Computing
        Authors         : Ike Kunze
                          Jan Rueth
                          Klaus Wehrle
	Filename        : draft-kunze-coin-industrial-use-cases-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2019-07-04

Abstract:
   Cyber-physical systems and the Industrial Internet of Things are
   characterized by diverse sets of requirements which can hardly be
   satisfied using standard networking technology.  One example are
   latency-critical computations which become increasingly complex and
   are consequently outsourced to more powerful cloud platforms for
   feasibility reasons.  The intrinsic physical propagation delay to
   these remote sites can, however, already be too high for given
   requirements.  The challenge is to develop techniques that bring
   together these requirements.  Utilizing available computational
   capabilities within the network can be a solution to this challenge
   which makes in-network computing concepts a promising starting point.
   This document discusses select industrial use cases to demonstrate
   how in-network computing concepts can be applied to the industrial
   domain and to point out essential requirements of industrial
   applications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kunze-coin-industrial-use-cases/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kunze-coin-industrial-use-cases-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kunze-coin-industrial-use-cases-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/