Subject: I-D Action: draft-hzpa-dprive-xfr-over-tls-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 10:27:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DNS Zone Transfer-over-TLS
        Authors         : Han Zhang
                          Pallavi Aras
                          Willem Toorop
                          Sara Dickinson
                          Allison Mankin
	Filename        : draft-hzpa-dprive-xfr-over-tls-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
   DNS zone transfers are transmitted in clear text, which gives
   attackers the opportunity to collect the content of a zone by
   eavesdropping on network connections.  The DNS Transaction Signature
   (TSIG) mechanism is specified to restrict direct zone transfer to
   authorized clients only, but it does not add confidentiality.  This
   document specifies use of DNS-over-TLS to prevent zone contents
   collection via passive monitoring of zone transfers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hzpa-dprive-xfr-over-tls/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hzpa-dprive-xfr-over-tls-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hzpa-dprive-xfr-over-tls-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hzpa-dprive-xfr-over-tls-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/