Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 16:50:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Revised Validation Procedure for BGP Flow Specifications
        Authors         : James Uttaro
                          Juan Alcaide
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          David Smith
                          Pradosh Mohapatra
	Filename        : draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-09.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
   This document describes a modification to the validation procedure
   defined in RFC 5575bis for the dissemination of BGP Flow
   Specifications.  RFC 5575bis requires that the originator of the Flow
   Specification matches the originator of the best-match unicast route
   for the destination prefix embedded in the Flow Specification.  This
   allows only BGP speakers within the data forwarding path (such as
   autonomous system border routers) to originate BGP Flow
   Specifications.  Though it is possible to disseminate such Flow
   Specifications directly from border routers, it may be operationally
   cumbersome in an autonomous system with a large number of border
   routers having complex BGP policies.  The modification proposed
   herein enables Flow Specifications to be originated from a
   centralized BGP route controller.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/