Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-rtgwg-enterprise-pa-multihoming-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2019 17:54:10 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Enterprise Multihoming using Provider-Assigned IPv6 Addresses without Network Prefix Translation: Requirements and Solutions
        Authors         : Fred Baker
                          Chris Bowers
                          Jen Linkova
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rtgwg-enterprise-pa-multihoming-11.txt
	Pages           : 51
	Date            : 2019-07-03

Abstract:
   Connecting an enterprise site to multiple ISPs over IPv6 using
   provider-assigned addresses is difficult without the use of some form
   of Network Address Translation (NAT).  Much has been written on this
   topic over the last 10 to 15 years, but it still remains a problem
   without a clearly defined or widely implemented solution.  Any
   multihoming solution without NAT requires hosts at the site to have
   addresses from each ISP and to select the egress ISP by selecting a
   source address for outgoing packets.  It also requires routers at the
   site to take into account those source addresses when forwarding
   packets out towards the ISPs.

   This document examines currently available mechanisms for providing a
   solution to this problem for a broad range of enterprise topologies.
   It covers the behavior of routers to forward traffic taking into
   account source address, and it covers the behavior of hosts to select
   appropriate default source addresses.  It also covers any possible
   role that routers might play in providing information to hosts to
   help them select appropriate source addresses.  In the process of
   exploring potential solutions, this document also makes explicit
   requirements for how the solution would be expected to behave from
   the perspective of an enterprise site network administrator.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rtgwg-enterprise-pa-multihoming/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtgwg-enterprise-pa-multihoming-11
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-rtgwg-enterprise-pa-multihoming-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rtgwg-enterprise-pa-multihoming-11

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/