Subject: I-D Action: draft-inacio-sacm-infomodel-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 06:37:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SACM Information Model
        Author          : Christopher Inacio
	Filename        : draft-inacio-sacm-infomodel-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2019-07-25

Abstract:
   This defines the information model for the Security Automation and
   Continuous Monitoring (SACM) standards.  The working group faces a
   set of complex issues when trying to define an information model that
   complicates this effort:

   o  There are many standards in the SACM space which are not
      interoperable

   o  There exists an extremely large and diverse set of data types
      which are desirable to exchange

   o  Many data types depend on the operating systems from which they
      are collected; making a universal typing harder

   o  A goal of SACM is to cover a diverse set of system types

   These complex needs create a information model which is difficult to
   unify within the environment.  Instead, this information model design
   is focused on minimum needed functionality with the desire to include
   a type system design into the information model allowing for easy
   expandability.  It is envisioned that this information model will
   serve the following purposes:

   o  Enough well specified elements in order to exchange key data
      fields between systems

   o  Sufficient typing system to expand key fields over time and use of
      a registry to standardize common expansions

   o  Meta information such that compplete information exchange using
      various other formats understood by all parties can be used as
      needed to exchange complete records on demand

   o  Sufficient action verbs defined to allow orchestration between
      various systems to allow unified control of federated components

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-inacio-sacm-infomodel/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-inacio-sacm-infomodel-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-inacio-sacm-infomodel-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/