Subject: I-D Action: draft-dawra-idr-bgp-ls-sr-service-segments-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 09:27:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGP-LS Advertisement of Segment Routing Service Segments
        Authors         : Gaurav Dawra
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Daniel Bernier
                          Jim Uttaro
                          Bruno Decraene
                          Hani Elmalky
                          Xiaohu Xu
                          Francois Clad
                          Ketan Talaulikar
	Filename        : draft-dawra-idr-bgp-ls-sr-service-segments-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
   BGP Link-State (BGP-LS) enables distribution of topology information
   from the network to a Path Computation Engine (PCE) or any
   controller/application in general so it can learn the network
   topology.  Service functions are deployed as virtualized elements
   along with network elements or on servers in data centers.  The
   advertisement of such attached service capabilities along with the
   network nodes that they are attached to or associated with enable
   their discovery and for programming of service paths that use these
   service functions.  Segment Routing (SR) bring in the concept of
   segments which can be topological or service instructions.  SR
   Policies enable setup of paths which are a mix of topological and
   service segments.

   This document specifies the extensions to BGP-LS for discovery and
   advertisement of service segments so as to enable setup of service
   programming paths using Segment Routing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dawra-idr-bgp-ls-sr-service-segments/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dawra-idr-bgp-ls-sr-service-segments-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dawra-idr-bgp-ls-sr-service-segments-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dawra-idr-bgp-ls-sr-service-segments-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/