Subject: I-D Action: draft-krecicki-dns-covert-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2019 10:53:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Domain Name System (DNS) Resource Record types for transferring covert information from primary to secondaries
        Authors         : Witold Krecicki
                          Evan Hunt
                          Dan Mahoney
	Filename        : draft-krecicki-dns-covert-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2019-07-06

Abstract:
   The Domain Name System (DNS) Resource Record TYPEs IANA registry
   reserves the range 128-255 for Q-TYPEs and Meta-TYPEs [RFC6895] -
   Resource Records that can only be queried for or contain transient
   data associated with a particular DNS message.

   This document reserves a range of RR TYPE numbers for Covert-TYPEs -
   types that are an integral part of the zone but cannot be accessed
   via a normal QUERY operation.

   Uses for such records could include zone comments that are
   transferrable with the zone, expiry times for dynamically updated
   records, or Zone Signing Keys for inline signing.  This document,
   however, does not define any specific Covert RR types.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-krecicki-dns-covert/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-krecicki-dns-covert-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-krecicki-dns-covert-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/