Subject: I-D Action: draft-toomim-braid-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 16:55:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The Braid Protocol: Synchronization for HTTP
        Authors         : Michael Toomim
                          Rafie Walker
	Filename        : draft-toomim-braid-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
  Braid is a proposal for a new version of HTTP that transforms it from
  a state *transfer* protocol into a state *synchronization* protocol.
  Braid puts the power of Operational Transform and CRDTs onto the web,
  improving network performance and robustness, and enabling
  peer-to-peer web applications.

  At the same time, Braid creates an open standard for the dynamic
  internal state of websites.  Programmers can access state uniformly,
  whether local or on another website.  This creates a separation of UI
  from State, and allows any user to edit or choose their own UI for any
  website's state.

  We have a working prototype of the Braid, and have deployed it with
  production websites.  This memo describes the protocol, how it
  differs from prior versions of HTTP, and a plan to deploy it in a
  backwards-compatible way, where web developers can opt into the new
  synchronization features without breaking the rest of the web.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-toomim-braid/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-toomim-braid-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-toomim-braid-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/