Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-lsr-isis-invalid-tlv-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 20:45:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Link State Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Invalid TLV Handling in IS-IS
        Authors         : Les Ginsberg
                          Paul Wells
                          Tony Li
                          Tony Przygienda
                          Shraddha Hegde
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lsr-isis-invalid-tlv-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2019-07-22

Abstract:
   Key to the extensibility of the Intermediate System to Intermediate
   System (IS-IS) protocol has been the handling of unsupported and/or
   invalid Type/Length/Value (TLV) tuples.  Although there are explicit
   statements in existing specifications, deployment experience has
   shown that there are inconsistencies in the behavior when a TLV which
   is disallowed in a particular Protocol Data Unit (PDU) is received.

   This document discusses such cases and makes the correct behavior
   explicit in order to insure that interoperability is maximized.

   This document when approved updates RFC3563, RFC5305, RFC6232, and
   RFC6233.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-invalid-tlv/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-invalid-tlv-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-invalid-tlv-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/