Subject: I-D Action: draft-krose-mboned-alta-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 15:43:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Asymmetric Loss-Tolerant Authentication
        Author          : Kyle Rose
	Filename        : draft-krose-mboned-alta-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
   Establishing authenticity of a stream of datagrams in the presence of
   multiple receivers is naively achieved through the use of per-packet
   asymmetric digital signatures, but at high computational cost for
   both senders and receivers.  Timed Efficient Stream Loss-Tolerant
   Authentication (TESLA) instead employs relatively cheap symmetric
   authentication, achieving asymmetry via time-delayed key disclosure,
   while adding latency to verification and imposing requirements on
   time synchronization between receivers and the sender to prevent
   forgery.  This document introduces Asymmetric Loss-Tolerant
   Authentication (ALTA), which employs an acyclic graph of message
   authentication codes (MACs) transmitted alongside data payloads, with
   redundancy to enable authentication of all received payloads in the
   presence of certain patterns of loss, along with regularly paced
   digital signatures.  ALTA requires no time synchronization and
   enables authentication of payloads as soon as sufficient
   authentication material has been received.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-krose-mboned-alta/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-krose-mboned-alta-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-krose-mboned-alta-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/