Subject: I-D Action: draft-thaler-iftype-reg-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 16:14:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Guidelines and Registration Procedures for Interface Types and Tunnel Types
        Authors         : Dave Thaler
                          Dan Romascanu
	Filename        : draft-thaler-iftype-reg-04.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
   The registration and use of interface types ("ifType" values)
   predated the use of IANA Considerations sections and YANG modules,
   and so confusion has arisen about the interface type allocation
   process.  Tunnel types were then added later, with the same
   requirements and allocation policy as interface types.  This document
   provides updated guidelines for the definition of new interface types
   and tunnel types, for consideration by those who are defining,
   registering, or evaluating those definitions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thaler-iftype-reg/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thaler-iftype-reg-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-thaler-iftype-reg-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-thaler-iftype-reg-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/