Subject: I-D Action: draft-pedro-nmrg-intelligent-reasoning-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 01:47:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Intelligent Reasoning on External Events for Network Management
        Author          : Pedro Martinez-Julia
	Filename        : draft-pedro-nmrg-intelligent-reasoning-00.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
   The adoption of AI in network management solutions is becoming a
   reality.  It is mainly supported by the need to resolve complex
   problems arisen from the acceptance of SDN/NFV technologies as well
   as network slicing.  This allows current computer and network system
   infrastructures to constantly grow in complexity, in parallel to the
   demands of users.  However, exploiting the possibilities of AI is not
   an easy task.  There has been a lot of effort to make Machine
   Learning (ML) solutions reliable and acceptable but, at the same
   time, other mechanisms have been forgotten.  It is the particular
   case of reasonsing.  Although it can provide enormous benefits to
   management solutions by, for example, infering new knowledge and
   applying differnet kind of rules (eg.g logical) to choose from
   several actions, it has received little attention.  While ML
   solutions work with data, so their only requirement from the network
   infrastructure is data retrieval, reasoning solutions work in
   collaboration to the network they are managing.  This makes the
   challenges arisen from intelligent reasoning to be a key for the
   evolution of network management towards the full adoption of AI.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pedro-nmrg-intelligent-reasoning/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pedro-nmrg-intelligent-reasoning-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-pedro-nmrg-intelligent-reasoning-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/