Subject: I-D Action: draft-kuhn-quic-4-sat-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2019 01:58:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : QUIC for SATCOM
        Authors         : Nicolas Kuhn
                          Godred Fairhurst
                          John Border
                          Emile Stephan
	Filename        : draft-kuhn-quic-4-sat-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2019-07-03

Abstract:
   QUIC's congestion control is not designed for operating over an
   Internet path with a high BDP.  This limits the user experience.
   Moreover, a path can combine satellites network segment together with
   a wide variety of other network technologies (Ethernet, cable modems,
   WiFi, cellular, radio links, etc): this complicates the
   characteristics of the end-to-end path.  If this is not addressed,
   the end-to-end quality of experience will be degraded.

   This memo identifies the characteristics of a SATCOM link that impact
   the operation of the QUIC transport protocol and proposes best
   current practice to ensure acceptable protocol performance.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuhn-quic-4-sat/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kuhn-quic-4-sat-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kuhn-quic-4-sat-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/