Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-icnrg-hopauth-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 02:43:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Hop-by-Hop Authentication in Content-Centric Networking/Named Data Networking
        Authors         : Ruidong Li
                          Hitoshi Asaeda
	Filename        : draft-li-icnrg-hopauth-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
   The unpredictability of consumers, routers, copyholders, and
   publishers for the in-network data retrievals in Content-Centric
   Networking (CCN) / Named Data Networking (NDN) poses a challenge to
   design an authentication mechanism to inhibit the malicious consumers
   to flood data requests and prevent the fake data from being provided.
   Signature is adopted as the fundamental function in CCN / NDN, which
   however can only provide publisher authentication with additional
   certificate acquisition.  This document describes the the Hop-by-Hop
   Authentication mechanism (HopAuth) integrating certificate collection
   and packet forwarding potentially with the assistance from
   certificate authority to provide consumer authentication, copyholder
   authentication and path authentication to enable the in-network data
   retrieval to be trustworthy, besides the publisher authentication.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-icnrg-hopauth/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-icnrg-hopauth-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-icnrg-hopauth-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/