Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-6man-app-aware-ipv6-network-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 08:17:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Application-aware IPv6 Networking
        Authors         : Zhenbin Li
                          Shuping Peng
                          Chongfeng Xie
                          Cong Li
	Filename        : draft-li-6man-app-aware-ipv6-network-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
   A multitude of applications are carried over the network, which have
   varying needs for network bandwidth, latency, jitter, and packet
   loss, etc.  Some applications such as online gaming and live video
   streaming have very demanding network requirements thereof require
   special treatments in the network.  However, in current networks, the
   network and applications are decoupled, that is, the network is not
   aware of the applications' requirements in a finer granularity.
   Therefore, it is difficult to provide truly fine-granular traffic
   operations for the applications and guarantee their SLA requirements.

   This document proposes a new framework, named Application-aware IPv6
   Networking, and also the solution to guarantee SLA for applications,
   which makes use of IPv6 extensions header in order to convey the
   application related information including its requirements along with
   the packet to the network so to facilitate the service deployment and
   network resources adjustment.  Then, it defines the application-aware
   options which can be used in the different IPv6 extension headers for
   the purpose.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-6man-app-aware-ipv6-network/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-6man-app-aware-ipv6-network-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-6man-app-aware-ipv6-network-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/