Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 12:31:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Link State Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Host Router Support for OSPFv2
        Authors         : Keyur Patel
                          Padma Pillay-Esnault
                          Manish Bhardwaj
                          Serpil Bayraktar
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-08.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
   The OSPFv2 specifies an SPF algorithm that identifies transit
   vertices based on their adjacencies.  Therefore, OSPFv2 does not have
   a mechanism to prevent traffic transiting a participating node if it
   is a transit vertex in the only existing or shortest path to the
   destination.  The use of metrics to make the node undesirable can
   only help to repel traffic if an alternative better route exists.
   This document defines the Host-bit functionality to prevent other
   OSPFv2 routers from using the router for transit traffic in OSPFv2
   routing domains.  This document updates the Open Shortest Path First
   v2 specification (OSPFv2 rfc2328) by assigning a new bit (Host-bit)
   in the OSPF Router-LSA bit registry.  In addition, if the Host-bit is
   set, the calculation of the shortest-path tree for an area, as
   described in OSPFv2, is modified by including a new check to verify
   that transit vertices have the Host-bit clear.  In addition, this
   document updates OSPF Stub Router Advertisement (rfc6987) to
   advertise for type-2 External and NSSA LSAs with a high cost in order
   to repel traffic effectively.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/