Subject: I-D Action: draft-rosenbergjennings-dispatch-ripp-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 15:35:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Real Time Internet Peering Protocol
        Authors         : Jonathan Rosenberg
                          Cullen Jennings
                          Anthony Minessale
                          Jason Livingood
                          Justin Uberti
	Filename        : draft-rosenbergjennings-dispatch-ripp-03.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
   This document specifies the Realtime Internet Peering Protocol
   (RIPP).  RIPP is used to provide telephony peering between a trunking
   provider (such as a telco), and a trunking consumer (such as an
   enterprise, cloud PBX provider, cloud contact center provider, and so
   on).  RIPP is an alternative to SIP, SDP and RTP for this use case,
   and is designed as a web application using HTTP/3.  Using HTTP/3
   allows trunking consumers to more easily build their applications on
   top of cloud platforms, such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud, all of
   which are heavily focused on HTTP based services.  RIPP also
   addresses many of the challenges of traditional SIP-based trunking.
   Most notably, it mandates secure caller ID via STIR, and provides
   automated trunk provisioning as a mandatory protocol component.  RIPP
   supports both direct and "BYO" trunk configurations.  Since it runs
   over HTTP/3, it works through NATs and firewalls with the same ease
   as HTTP does, and easily supports load balancing with elastic cluster
   expansion and contraction, including auto-scaling - all because it is
   nothing more than an HTTP application.  RIPP also provides built in
   mechanisms for migrations of calls between RIPP client and server
   instances, enabling failover with call preservation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rosenbergjennings-dispatch-ripp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rosenbergjennings-dispatch-ripp-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-rosenbergjennings-dispatch-ripp-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-rosenbergjennings-dispatch-ripp-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/