Subject: I-D Action: draft-yueven-tsvwg-dccm-requirements-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2019 05:04:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Data Center Congestion Management requirements
        Authors         : Fei Chen
                          Wenhao Sun
                          Xiang Yu
                          Roni Even
	Filename        : draft-yueven-tsvwg-dccm-requirements-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2019-07-07

Abstract:
   On IP-routed datacenter networks, RDMA is deployed using RoCEv2
   protocol or iWARP.  RoCEv2 specification does not define a strong
   congestion management mechanisms and load balancing methods.  RoCEv2
   relies on the existing Link-Layer Flow-Control IEEE
   802.1Qbb(Priority-based Flow Control, PFC) to provide a lossless
   fabric.  RoCEv2 Congestion Management(RCM) use ECN(Explicit
   Congestion Notification, defined in RFC3168) to signal the congestion
   to the destination and use the congestion notification to reduce the
   rate of injection and increase the injection rate when the extent of
   congestion decreases. iWRAP depends on TCP congestion handling.  This
   document describes the current state of flow control and congestion
   handling in the DC and provides requirements for new directions for
   better congestion control.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yueven-tsvwg-dccm-requirements/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yueven-tsvwg-dccm-requirements-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-yueven-tsvwg-dccm-requirements-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-yueven-tsvwg-dccm-requirements-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/