Subject: I-D Action: draft-amend-mptcp-robe-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 10:10:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Multipath TCP extension for Robust Session Establishment
        Author          : Markus Amend
	Filename        : draft-amend-mptcp-robe-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
   Multipath TCP extends the plain, singlepath limited, TCP towards the
   capability of multipath transmission.  This greatly improves the
   reliability and performance of TCP communication.  For backwards
   compatiblity reason the Multipath TCP was designed to setup
   successfully an inital path first, after which subsequent paths can
   be added for multipath transmission.  For that reason the Multipath
   TCP has the same limitations as the plain TCP during connection
   setup, in case the selected path is not functional.

   RobE provides the ability to simultaneously use multiple paths for
   connection setup.  This document presents with RobE a set of
   extensions to Multipath TCP to overcome its singlepath limitation
   during connection initialisation and extends it to a full fledged
   multipath protocol.  RobE ensures connecitivity if at least one
   functional path out of a bunch of paths is given and offers beside
   that the opportunity to significantly improve loading times of
   Internet services.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-amend-mptcp-robe/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-amend-mptcp-robe-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-amend-mptcp-robe-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/