Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 21:28:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Information-Centric Networking RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : ICN Adaptation to LowPAN Networks (ICN LoWPAN)
        Authors         : Cenk Gundogan
                          Thomas C. Schmidt
                          Matthias Waehlisch
                          Christopher Scherb
                          Claudio Marxer
                          Christian Tschudin
	Filename        : draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan-04.txt
	Pages           : 43
	Date            : 2019-07-22

Abstract:
   This document defines a convergence layer for CCNx and NDN over IEEE
   802.15.4 LoWPAN networks.  A new frame format is specified to adapt
   CCNx and NDN packets to the small MTU size of IEEE 802.15.4.  For
   that, syntactic and semantic changes to the TLV-based header formats
   are described.  To support compatibility with other LoWPAN
   technologies that may coexist on a wireless medium, the dispatching
   scheme provided by 6LoWPAN is extended to include new dispatch types
   for CCNx and NDN.  Additionally, the link fragmentation component of
   the 6LoWPAN dispatching framework is applied to ICN chunks.  In its
   second part, the document defines stateless and stateful compression
   schemes to improve efficiency on constrained links.  Stateless
   compression reduces TLV expressions to static header fields for
   common use cases.  Stateful compression schemes elide state local to
   the LoWPAN and replace names in data packets by short local
   identifiers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-icnrg-icnlowpan-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/