Subject: I-D Action: draft-hoeneisen-pep-keysync-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2019 10:50:59 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : pretty Easy privacy (pEp): Key Synchronization Protocol
        Authors         : Bernie Hoeneisen
                          Hernani Marques
	Filename        : draft-hoeneisen-pep-keysync-00.txt
	Pages           : 74
	Date            : 2019-07-07

Abstract:
   Modern users of messaging systems usually have multiple devices, and
   often desire to send and receive encrypted messages on some or all of
   their devices.  Using encryption on multiple devices often results in
   situations where messages cannot be decrypted on the device used to
   read the message due to a missing private key.

   This document specifies a protocol for secure peer-to-peer
   synchronization of private keys across devices belonging to the same
   user (pEp Key Synchronization Protocol).

   The pretty Easy privacy (pEp) protocols describe a set of conventions
   for the automation of operations traditionally seen as barriers to
   the use and deployment of secure end-to-end interpersonal messaging.
   These include, but are not limited to, key management, key discovery,
   and private key handling.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hoeneisen-pep-keysync/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hoeneisen-pep-keysync-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hoeneisen-pep-keysync-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/