Subject: I-D Action: draft-bormann-dispatch-modern-network-unicode-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2019 13:08:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Modern Network Unicode
        Author          : Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-bormann-dispatch-modern-network-unicode-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2019-07-07

Abstract:
   RFC 5198 both defines common conventions for the use of Unicode in
   network protocols and caters for the specific requirements of the
   legacy protocol Telnet.  In applications that do not need Telnet
   compatibility, some of the decisions of RFC 5198 are cumbersome.

   The present specification defines "Modern Network Unicode" (MNU),
   which is a form of RFC 5198 network unicode that can be used in
   specifications that require the exchange of plain text over networks
   and where just mandating UTF-8 (RFC 3629) may not be sufficient, but
   there is also no desire to import all of the baggage of RFC 5198.

   In addition to a basic "Clean Modern Network Unicode" (CMNU), this
   specification defines a number of variances that can be used to
   tailor MNU to specific areas of application.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-dispatch-modern-network-unicode/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-dispatch-modern-network-unicode-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bormann-dispatch-modern-network-unicode-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bormann-dispatch-modern-network-unicode-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/