Subject: I-D Action: draft-briscoe-docsis-q-protection-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 04:25:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Queue Protection to Preserve Low Latency
        Authors         : Bob Briscoe
                          Greg White
	Filename        : draft-briscoe-docsis-q-protection-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
   This informational document defines and explains the specification of
   the queue protection algorithm used in DOCSIS 3.1.  It is believed
   this algorithm will be useful in scenarios other than DOCSIS.  A
   shared low latency queue relies on the non-queue-building behaviour
   of every traffic flow using it.  However, some flows might not take
   such care, either accidentally or maliciously.  If a queue is about
   to exceed a threshold level of delay, the queue protection algorithm
   can rapidly detect the flow(s) most likely to be responsible.  It can
   then prevent selected packets of these flows (or whole flows) from
   harming the queuing delay of other traffic in the low latency queue.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-briscoe-docsis-q-protection/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-briscoe-docsis-q-protection-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-briscoe-docsis-q-protection-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/