Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-spring-compressed-srv6-np-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2019 17:47:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Compressed SRv6 Network Programming
        Authors         : Zhenbin Li
                          Cheng Li
                          Shuping Peng
                          Zhongzheng Wang
                          Bing Liu
	Filename        : draft-li-spring-compressed-srv6-np-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2019-07-21

Abstract:
   Segment Routing can be applied to the IPv6 data plane by leveraging a
   new type of Routing Extension Header, called Segment Routing
   Header(SRH).  However, the overhead introduced by SRH may be a
   challenge for the current hardware capability, which would have much
   effect on the forwarding performance and the payload efficiency.

   This document defines a compressed SRv6 network programming mechanism
   in order to reduce the overhead of SRv6 by introducing the Compressed
   Segment Identifier(C-SID) and the Compressed SRH(C-SRH).  The C-SRH
   can be a new Routing Header or an enhancement of SRH, which is
   compatible with SRH well.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-spring-compressed-srv6-np/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-spring-compressed-srv6-np-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-spring-compressed-srv6-np-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/