Subject: I-D Action: draft-zatda-dprive-xfr-using-dso-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 10:45:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DNS Zone Transfer using DNS Stateful Operations
        Authors         : Han Zhang
                          Pallavi Aras
                          Willem Toorop
                          Sara Dickinson
                          Allison Mankin
	Filename        : draft-zatda-dprive-xfr-using-dso-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
   DNS zone transfers are transmitted in clear text, which gives
   attackers the opportunity to collect the content of a zone by
   eavesdropping on network connections.  This document specifies use of
   DNS Stateful Operations to enable a subscribe/publish mechanism for
   zone transfers reducing the over head introduced by NOTITY/SOA
   interactions prior to zone transfer request.  This additionally
   prevents zone contents collection via passive monitoring of zone
   transfers by restricting XFR using DSO to require TLS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-zatda-dprive-xfr-using-dso/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zatda-dprive-xfr-using-dso-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-zatda-dprive-xfr-using-dso-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/