Subject: I-D Action: draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2019 05:14:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Segment Routing for Enhanced VPN Service
        Authors         : Jie Dong
                          Stewart Bryant
                          Takuya Miyasaka
                          Yongqing Zhu
                          Fengwei Qin
                          Zhenqiang Li
	Filename        : draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-04.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2019-07-01

Abstract:
   Enhanced VPN (VPN+) is an enhancement to VPN technology to enable it
   to support the needs of new applications, particularly applications
   that are associated with 5G services.  These applications require
   better isolation from both control and data plane's perspective and
   have more stringent performance requirements than can be provided
   with overlay VPNs.  The characteristics of an enhanced VPN as
   perceived by its tenant needs to be comparable to those of a
   dedicated private network.  This requires tight integration between
   the overlay VPN and the underlay network topology and resources in a
   scalable manner.  An enhanced VPN may form the underpinning of 5G
   network slicing, but will also be of use in its own right.  This
   document describes the use of segment routing based mechanisms to
   provide the enhanced VPN service with required network topology and
   resources.  The overall mechanism of using segment routing to provide
   enhanced VPN service is also described.  The proposed mechanism is
   applicable to both SR with MPLS data plane and SR with IPv6 data
   plane (SRv6).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/