Subject: I-D Action: draft-schinazi-httpbis-transport-auth-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 16:59:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : HTTP Transport Authentication
        Author          : David Schinazi
	Filename        : draft-schinazi-httpbis-transport-auth-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
   The most common existing authentication mechanisms for HTTP are sent
   with each HTTP request, and authenticate that request instead of the
   underlying HTTP connection, or transport.  While these mechanisms
   work well for existing uses of HTTP, they are not suitable for
   emerging applications that multiplex non-HTTP traffic inside an HTTP
   connection.  This document describes the HTTP Transport
   Authentication Framework, a method of authenticating not only an HTTP
   request, but also its underlying transport.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schinazi-httpbis-transport-auth/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schinazi-httpbis-transport-auth-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-schinazi-httpbis-transport-auth-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/