Subject: I-D Action: draft-liu-ican-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 07:22:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Instant Congestion Assessment Network (iCAN) for Data Plane Traffic Engineering
        Author          : Bing Liu
	Filename        : draft-liu-ican-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
   iCAN (instant Congestion Assessment Network) is a set of mechanisms
   running directly on network nodes:

   o  To adjust the flows paths based on real-time measurement of the
      candidate paths.

   o  The measurement is to reflect the congestion situation of each
      path, so that the ingress nodes could decide which flows need to
      be switched from a path to another.

   This is something that current SDN and TE technologies can hardly
   achieve:

   o  SDN Controller is slow and far from the data plane, it is neither
      able to assess the real-time congestion situation of each path,
      nor able to assure the data plane always go as expected
      (especially in SRv6 scenarios).  However, iCAN can work with SDN
      perfectly: controller planning multi-path transmission, and iCAN
      does the flow optimization automatically.

   o  Traditional TE is not able to adjust the flow paths in real-time.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-liu-ican/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-liu-ican-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-liu-ican-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/