Subject: I-D Action: draft-chandra-mpls-rsvp-shared-labels-np-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2019 04:22:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Node Protection for RSVP-TE tunnels on a shared MPLS forwarding plane
        Authors         : Chandra Ramachandran
                          Vishnu Pavan Beeram
                          Harish Sitaraman
	Filename        : draft-chandra-mpls-rsvp-shared-labels-np-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2019-07-08

Abstract:
   Segment Routed RSVP-TE tunnels provide the ability to use a shared
   MPLS forwarding plane at every hop of the Label Switched Path (LSP).
   The shared forwarding plane is realized with the use of 'Traffic
   Engineering (TE) link labels' that get shared by LSPs traversing
   these TE links.  This paradigm helps significantly reduce the
   forwarding plane state required to support a large number of LSPs on
   a Label Switching Router (LSR).  These tunnels require the ingress
   Label Edge Router (LER) to impose a stack of labels.  If the ingress
   LER cannot impose the full label stack, it can use the assistance of
   one or more delegation hops along the path of the LSP to impose parts
   of the label stack.

   The procedures for a Point of Local Repair (PLR) to provide local
   protection against link failures using facility backup for Segment
   Routed RSVP-TE tunnels are well defined and do not require specific
   protocol extensions.  This document defines the procedures for a PLR
   to provide local protection against transit node failures using
   facility backup for these tunnels.  The procedures defined in this
   document include protection against delegation hop failures.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-chandra-mpls-rsvp-shared-labels-np/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chandra-mpls-rsvp-shared-labels-np-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-chandra-mpls-rsvp-shared-labels-np-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-chandra-mpls-rsvp-shared-labels-np-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/