Subject: I-D Action: draft-luck-lamps-pep-header-protection-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2019 14:07:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : pretty Easy privacy (pEp): Progressive Header Disclosure
        Author          : Claudio Luck
	Filename        : draft-luck-lamps-pep-header-protection-03.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2019-07-05

Abstract:
   Issues with email header protection in S/MIME have been recently
   raised in the IETF LAMPS Working Group.  The need for amendments to
   the existing specification regarding header protection was expressed.

   The pretty Easy privacy (pEp) implementations currently use a
   mechanism quite similar to the currently standardized message
   wrapping for S/MIME.  The main difference is that pEp is using PGP/
   MIME instead, and adds space for carrying public keys next to the
   protected message.

   In LAMPS, it has been expressed that whatever mechanism will be
   chosen, it should not be limited to S/MIME, but also applicable to
   PGP/MIME.

   This document aims to contribute to this discussion and share the pEp
   implementation experience with email header protection.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-luck-lamps-pep-header-protection/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-luck-lamps-pep-header-protection-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-luck-lamps-pep-header-protection-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-luck-lamps-pep-header-protection-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/