Subject: I-D Action: draft-lapukhov-bgp-ecmp-considerations-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2019 06:42:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Equal-Cost Multipath Considerations for BGP
        Authors         : Petr Lapukhov
                          Jeff Tantsura
	Filename        : draft-lapukhov-bgp-ecmp-considerations-02.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2019-07-01

Abstract:
   BGP (Border Gateway Protocol) [RFC4271] employs tie-breaking logic to
   select a single best path among multiple paths available, known as
   BGP best path selection.  At the same time, it is a common practice
   to allow for "equal-cost multipath" (ECMP) selection and programming
   of multiple next-hops in routing tables.  This document summarizes
   some common considerations for the ECMP logic when BGP is used as the
   routing protocol, with the intent of providing common reference for
   otherwise unstandardized set of features.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lapukhov-bgp-ecmp-considerations/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lapukhov-bgp-ecmp-considerations-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lapukhov-bgp-ecmp-considerations-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lapukhov-bgp-ecmp-considerations-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/