Subject: I-D Action: draft-kuehlewind-quic-substrate-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2019 08:38:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Use Cases and Requirements for QUIC as a Substrate
        Authors         : Mirja Kuehlewind
                          Zaheduzzaman Sarker
                          Thomas Fossati
                          Lucas Pardue
	Filename        : draft-kuehlewind-quic-substrate-01.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2019-07-05

Abstract:
   TCP is often used as a proxying or tunneling protocol.  QUIC is a
   new, emerging transport protocol and there is a similar expectation
   that it too will be used as a substrate once it is widely deployed.
   Using QUIC instead of TCP in existing scenarios will allow proxying
   and tunneling services to maintain the benefits of QUIC natively,
   without degrading the performance and security characteristics.  QUIC
   also opens up new opportunities for these services to have lower
   latency and better multistreaming support.  This document summarizes
   current and future usage scenarios to derive requirements for QUIC
   and to provide additional protocol considerations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuehlewind-quic-substrate/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kuehlewind-quic-substrate-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kuehlewind-quic-substrate-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kuehlewind-quic-substrate-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/