Subject: I-D Action: draft-dcn-bmwg-containerized-infra-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 07:07:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Considerations for Benchmarking Network Performance in Containerized Infrastructures
        Authors         : Kyoungjae Sun
                          Hyunsik Yang
                          Youngki Park
                          Younghan Kim
                          Wangbong Lee
	Filename        : draft-dcn-bmwg-containerized-infra-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2019-07-23

Abstract:
   This draft describes benchmarking considerations for the
   containerized infrastructure.  In the containerized infrastructure,
   Virtualized Network Functions(VNFs) are deployed on operating-system-
   level virtualization platform by abstracting the user namespace as
   opposed to virtualization using a hypervisor.  Leveraging this, the
   system configurations and networking scenarios for benchmarking will
   be partially changed by the way in which the resource allocation and
   network technologies specified for containerized VNFs.  In this draft
   we compare the state of the art in a container networking
   architecture with networking on VM-based virtualized systems, and
   provide several test scenarios in the containerized infrastructure.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dcn-bmwg-containerized-infra/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dcn-bmwg-containerized-infra-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dcn-bmwg-containerized-infra-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dcn-bmwg-containerized-infra-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/