Subject: I-D Action: draft-gomez-frag-lpwan-considerations-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 07:50:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Fragmentation in LPWAN considerations: CoAP Block vs SCHC fragmentation
        Authors         : Carles Gomez
                          Jon Crowcroft
	Filename        : draft-gomez-frag-lpwan-considerations-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2019-08-27

Abstract:
   The SCHC adaptation layer provides header compression and
   fragmentation functionality between IPv6 and an underlying LPWAN
   technology.  SCHC fragmentation has been specifically designed for
   the characteristics of LPWANs.  However, when CoAP is used at the
   application layer, there exists an alternative approach for
   fragmentation, which is using the CoAP Block option.  This document
   aims at illustrating the advantages and limitations of each approach
   for transferring larger payloads.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gomez-frag-lpwan-considerations/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gomez-frag-lpwan-considerations-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gomez-frag-lpwan-considerations-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/