Subject: I-D Action: draft-gray-sampled-streaming-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2019 07:36:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Sampled Traffic Streaming
        Author          : Andrew Gray
	Filename        : draft-gray-sampled-streaming-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2019-08-05

Abstract:
   This document standardizes the means of requesting a sampled capture
   stream from a router, receiving details about the resulting data
   flow, and the structure of the data flow itself.  This is
   specifically tailored to having various hardware ASICs be able to
   perform this operation as quickly as possible, by allowing
   communication of the specific bit formats of headers applied to the
   packet flow, in a way that enhances interoperability between sources
   and sinks.  Historically, NetFlow and its ilk have been used for
   these use cases, however the growth in hardware forward speeds is far
   outpacing the growth in CPU speeds, and the CPU-heavy parts of
   NetFlow is resulting in a reduction of sampling rates that include
   all of the fields provided by NetFlow that require CPU lookups.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gray-sampled-streaming/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gray-sampled-streaming-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gray-sampled-streaming-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/