Subject: I-D Action: draft-lewis-domain-names-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2019 06:56:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : RFC Origins of Domain Names
        Author          : Edward Lewis
	Filename        : draft-lewis-domain-names-13.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2019-08-06

Abstract:
   Is the concept of Domain Names owned by the DNS protocol or does the
   DNS protocol exist to support the concept of Domain Names?  This
   question has become pertinent in light of proposals to use Domain
   Names in protocols in ways incompatible with the DNS protocol and the
   operational environment built to run the protocol.

   This document is intended to help answer this question by presenting
   a look into the recorded history of relevant Requests for Comments.
   This document comprises the research and views of the author and has
   benefited from review and input from many IETF experts, but it does
   not represent the consensus opinion of the IETF.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lewis-domain-names/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lewis-domain-names-13
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-lewis-domain-names-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-lewis-domain-names-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/