Subject: I-D Action: draft-sekar-dns-llq-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 18:17:00 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Apple's DNS Long-Lived Queries protocol
        Authors         : Stuart Cheshire
                          Marc Krochmal
	Filename        : draft-sekar-dns-llq-06.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2019-08-22

Abstract:
   Apple's DNS Long-Lived Queries protocol (LLQ) is a protocol for
   extending the DNS protocol to support change notification, thus
   allowing clients to learn about changes to DNS data without polling
   the server.  From 2005 onwards, LLQ was implemented in Apple products
   including Mac OS X, Bonjour for Windows, and AirPort wireless base
   stations.  In 2019, the LLQ protocol was superseded by the IETF
   Standards Track RFC xxxx [[RFC Editor note: Please replace xxxx with
   RFC number]] "DNS Push Notifications", which builds on experience
   gained with the LLQ protocol to create a superior replacement.

   The existing LLQ protocol deployed and used from 2005 to 2019 is
   documented here to give background regarding the operational
   experience that informed the development of DNS Push Notifications,
   and to help facilitate a smooth transition from LLQ to DNS Push
   Notifications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sekar-dns-llq/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sekar-dns-llq-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sekar-dns-llq-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sekar-dns-llq-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/