Subject: I-D Action: draft-livingood-dnsop-auth-dnssec-mistakes-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 12:14:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Responsibility for Authoritative DNS and DNSSEC Mistakes
        Author          : Jason Livingood
	Filename        : draft-livingood-dnsop-auth-dnssec-mistakes-05.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2019-08-13

Abstract:
   DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC) validation by recursive DNS
   resolvers has been deployed at scale.  However, domain signing tools
   and processes are not yet as mature and reliable as is the case for
   non-DNSSEC-related domain administration tools and processes.  This
   sometimes results in DNSSEC-validation failures, for which operators
   of validating resolvers are often blamed.  This is similar to other,
   non-DNSSEC-related authoritative DNS errors, for which individual
   recursive DNS operators are sometimes incorrectly blamed.  This
   document makes clear that responsibility for any and all
   authoritative DNS failures rests squarely with authoritative domain
   name operators, who are the only party that can properly maintain
   their domain names and rectify associated authoritative DNS errors.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-livingood-dnsop-auth-dnssec-mistakes/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-livingood-dnsop-auth-dnssec-mistakes-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-livingood-dnsop-auth-dnssec-mistakes-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-livingood-dnsop-auth-dnssec-mistakes-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/