Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mboned-deprecate-interdomain-asm-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 10:30:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the MBONE Deployment WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Deprecating ASM for Interdomain Multicast
        Authors         : Mikael Abrahamsson
                          Tim Chown
                          Lenny Giuliano
                          Toerless Eckert
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mboned-deprecate-interdomain-asm-04.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2019-08-29

Abstract:
   This document recommends deprecation of the use of Any-Source
   Multicast (ASM) for interdomain multicast.  It recommends the use of
   Source-Specific Multicast (SSM) for interdomain multicast
   applications and that hosts and routers in these deployments fully
   support SSM.  The recommendations in this document do not preclude
   the continued use of ASM within a single organisation or domain and
   are especially easy to adopt in existing intradomain ASM/PIM-SM
   deployments.

Requirements Language and Terminology

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-deprecate-interdomain-asm/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mboned-deprecate-interdomain-asm-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mboned-deprecate-interdomain-asm-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mboned-deprecate-interdomain-asm-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/