Subject: I-D Action: draft-nottingham-rfc7320bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 00:28:06 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : URI Design and Ownership
        Author          : Mark Nottingham
	Filename        : draft-nottingham-rfc7320bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2019-08-20

Abstract:
   Section 1.1.1 of RFC 3986 defines URI syntax as "a federated and
   extensible naming system wherein each scheme's specification may
   further restrict the syntax and semantics of identifiers using that
   scheme."  In other words, the structure of a URI is defined by its
   scheme.  While it is common for schemes to further delegate their
   substructure to the URI's owner, publishing independent standards
   that mandate particular forms of URI substructure is inappropriate,
   because that essentially usurps ownership.  This document further
   describes this problematic practice and provides some acceptable
   alternatives for use in standards.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nottingham-rfc7320bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-rfc7320bis-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-nottingham-rfc7320bis-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/