Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 11:03:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Area Working Group WG of the IETF.

        Title           : The Impact of Transport Header Confidentiality on Network Operation and Evolution of the Internet
        Authors         : Godred Fairhurst
                          Colin Perkins
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-08.txt
	Pages           : 45
	Date            : 2019-08-26

Abstract:
   This document describes some implications of applying end-to-end
   encryption at the transport layer.  It first identifies in-network
   uses of transport layer header information.  Then, it reviews some
   implications of developing end-to-end transport protocols that use
   encryption to provide confidentiality of the transport protocol
   headers, or that use authentication to protect the integrity of
   transport header information.  Since measurement and analysis of the
   impact of network characteristics on transport protocols has been
   important to the design of current transports, it also considers the
   impact of transport encryption on transport and application
   evolution.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-transport-encrypt/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tsvwg-transport-encrypt-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/