Subject: I-D Action: draft-oran-icnrg-qosarch-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 11:57:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Considerations in the development of a QoS Architecture for CCNx-like ICN protocols
        Author          : Dave Oran
	Filename        : draft-oran-icnrg-qosarch-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2019-08-27

Abstract:
   This is a position paper.  It documents the author's personal views
   on how Quality of Service (QoS) capabilities ought to be accommodated
   in ICN protocols like CCNx or NDN which employ flow-balanced
   Interest/Data exchanges and hop-by-hop forwarding state as their
   fundamental machinery.  It argues that such protocols demand a
   substantially different approach to QoS from that taken in TCP/IP,
   and proposes specific design patterns to achieve both classification
   and differentiated QoS treatment on both a flow and aggregate basis.
   It also considers the effect of caches as a resource in addition to
   memory, CPU and link bandwidth that should be subject to explicitly
   un-fair resource allocation.  The proposed methods are intended to
   operate purely at the network layer, providing the primitives needed
   to achieve both transport and higher layer QoS objectives.  It
   explicitly excludes any discussion of Quality of Experience (QoE)
   which can only be assessed and controlled at the application layer or
   above.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-oran-icnrg-qosarch/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-oran-icnrg-qosarch-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-oran-icnrg-qosarch-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-oran-icnrg-qosarch-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/