Subject: I-D Action: draft-sekar-dns-llq-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 01:16:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DNS Long-Lived Queries
        Authors         : Stuart Cheshire
                          Marc Krochmal
	Filename        : draft-sekar-dns-llq-04.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2019-08-13

Abstract:
   DNS Long-Lived Queries (LLQ) is a protocol for extending the DNS
   protocol to support change notification, thus allowing clients to
   learn about changes to DNS data without polling the server.  From
   2007 onwards, LLQ was implemented in Apple products including Mac OS
   X, Bonjour for Windows, and AirPort wireless base stations.  In 2019,
   the LLQ protocol was superseded by the IETF Standards Track RFC "DNS
   Push Notifications", which builds on experience gained with the LLQ
   protocol to create a superior replacement.

   The existing deployed LLQ protocol is documented here to give
   background regarding the operational experience that informed the
   development of DNS Push Notifications, and to help facilitate a
   smooth transition from LLQ to DNS Push Notifications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sekar-dns-llq/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sekar-dns-llq-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sekar-dns-llq-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sekar-dns-llq-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/