Subject: I-D Action: draft-carpenter-limited-domains-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2019 18:27:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Limited Domains and Internet Protocols
        Authors         : Brian Carpenter
                          Bing Liu
	Filename        : draft-carpenter-limited-domains-10.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2019-08-02

Abstract:
   There is a noticeable trend towards network requirements, behaviours
   and semantics that are specific to a particular set of requirements
   applied within a limited region of the Internet.  Policies, default
   parameters, the options supported, the style of network management
   and security requirements may vary between such limited regions.
   This document reviews examples of such limited domains (also known as
   controlled environments), notes emerging solutions, and includes a
   related taxonomy.  It then briefly discusses the standardization of
   protocols for limited domains.  Finally, it shows the needs for a
   precise definition of "limited domain membership" and for mechanisms
   to allow nodes to join a domain securely and to find other members,
   including boundary nodes.

   This document is the product of the research of the authors.  It has
   been produced through discussions and consultation within the IETF,
   but is not the product of IETF conensus.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-carpenter-limited-domains/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-carpenter-limited-domains-10
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-carpenter-limited-domains-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-carpenter-limited-domains-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/