Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-history-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 08:33:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Privacy Enhancements and Assessments Research Group RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Unfortunate History of Transient Numeric Identifiers
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Ivan Arce
	Filename        : draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-history-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2019-08-23

Abstract:
   This document analyzes the timeline of the specification of different
   types of "numeric identifiers" used in IETF protocols, and how the
   security and privacy implications of such protocols has been affected
   as a result of it.  It provides concrete evidence that advice in this
   area is warranted.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-history/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-history-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-pearg-numeric-ids-history-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/