Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-pce-sr-path-segment-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 06:54:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) Extension for Path Segment in Segment Routing (SR)
        Authors         : Cheng Li
                          Mach(Guoyi) Chen
                          Weiqiang Cheng
                          Jie Dong
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Rakesh Gandhi
                          Quan Xiong
	Filename        : draft-li-pce-sr-path-segment-08.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2019-08-19

Abstract:
   The Path Computation Element (PCE) provides path computation
   functions in support of traffic engineering in Multiprotocol Label
   Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks.

   The Source Packet Routing in Networking (SPRING) architecture
   describes how Segment Routing (SR) can be used to steer packets
   through an IPv6 or MPLS network using the source routing paradigm.  A
   Segment Routed Path can be derived from a variety of mechanisms,
   including an IGP Shortest Path Tree (SPT), explicit configuration, or
   a Path Computation Element (PCE).

   Path identification is needed for several use cases such as
   performance measurement in Segment Routing (SR) network.  This
   document specifies extensions to the Path Computation Element
   Communication Protocol (PCEP) to support requesting, replying,
   reporting and updating the Path Segment ID (Path SID) between PCEP
   speakers.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-pce-sr-path-segment/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-pce-sr-path-segment-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-pce-sr-path-segment-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-li-pce-sr-path-segment-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/