Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2019 05:42:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Privacy Extensions for Stateless Address Autoconfiguration in IPv6
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Suresh Krishnan
                          Thomas Narten
                          Richard Draves
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-03.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2019-09-05

Abstract:
   Nodes use IPv6 stateless address autoconfiguration to generate
   addresses using a combination of locally available information and
   information advertised by routers.  Addresses are formed by combining
   network prefixes with an interface identifier.  This document
   describes an extension that causes nodes to generate global scope
   addresses with randomized interface identifiers that change over
   time.  Changing global scope addresses over time makes it more
   difficult for eavesdroppers and other information collectors to
   identify when different addresses used in different transactions
   actually correspond to the same node.  This document formally
   obsoletes RFC4941.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/