Subject: I-D Action: draft-raszuk-rtgwg-ip-te-np-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 15:39:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IP Traffic Engineering Architecture with Network Programming
        Author          : Robert Raszuk
	Filename        : draft-raszuk-rtgwg-ip-te-np-00.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2019-09-26

Abstract:
   This document describes a control plane based IP Traffic Engineering
   Architecture where path information is kept in the control plane by
   selected nodes instead of being inserted into each packet on ingress
   of an administrative domain.  The described proposal is also fully
   compatible with the concept of network programming.

   It is positioned as a complimentary technique to native SRv6 and can
   be used when there are concerns with increased packet size due to
   depth of SID stack, possible concerns regarding exceeding MTU or more
   strict simplicity requirements typically seen in number of enterprise
   networks.  The proposed solution is applicable to both IPv4 or IPv6
   based networks.

   As an additional added value, detection of end to end path liveness
   as well as dynamic path selection based on real time path quality is
   integrated from day one in the design.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-raszuk-rtgwg-ip-te-np/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-raszuk-rtgwg-ip-te-np-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-raszuk-rtgwg-ip-te-np-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/