Subject: I-D Action: draft-pwid-urn-specification-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2019 00:42:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Persistent Web IDentifier (PWID) URN Namespace
        Author          : Eld Maj-Britt Olmuetz Zierau
	Filename        : draft-pwid-urn-specification-09.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2019-09-06

Abstract:
   This document specifies a Uniform Resource Name (URN) for Persistent
   Web IDentifiers for web material in web archives using the 'pwid'
   namespace identifier.

   The main purpose of the standard is to support specification of
   references that are not covered by other reference techniques: to
   support references to material in web archives with restricted
   access.  Furthermore, it supports persistent technology agnostic
   references to web archives in general, in a form that can work as an
   algorithmic basis for finding web archive resources in general.  An
   additional important benefit is that the standard can be used for
   specifying web collections, which can then form a persistent
   computational basis for the extract of the archived collection parts.

   The PWID URN is designed to meet requirements for proper referencing
   needed by researchers.  Therefore, it is designed as general, global,
   sustainable, humanly readable, technology agnostic, persistent and
   precise web references for web materials in web archives.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pwid-urn-specification/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pwid-urn-specification-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-pwid-urn-specification-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-pwid-urn-specification-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/