Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-apn6-problem-statement-usecases-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 04:57:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Problem statement and use cases of Application-aware IPv6 Networking (APN6)
        Authors         : Zhenbin Li
                          Shuping Peng
                          Daniel Voyer
                          Chongfeng Xie
                          Peng Liu
                          Chang Liu
                          Kentaro Ebisawa
                          Yukito Ueno
                          Stefano Previdi
                          James N Guichard
	Filename        : draft-li-apn6-problem-statement-usecases-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2019-09-25

Abstract:
   Operators are facing the challenges of providing better network
   services for users.  As the ever-developing 5G and industrial
   verticals evolve, more and more services that have diverse network
   requirements such as ultra-low latency and high reliability are
   emerging and accessing the network, differentiated service treatments
   are desired by users.  However, operators are still not aware of
   applications, which cause that only coarse-grained services can be
   provided to users.  As a result, operators are only evolving to be
   large but dumb pipes without corresponding revenue increase.  As the
   network technologies evolve including deployments of IPv6 and SRv6,
   the programmability provided by IPv6 and SRv6 encapsulations can be
   augmented by conveying the application related information into the
   network.  Adding application knowledge to the network layer, allow
   applications to specify finer granularity requirements, which
   eventually bridges network and applications.

   This document analyzes the existing problems of the current operators
   in the application awareness, and outlines various use cases that
   could benefit from the Application-aware IPv6 Networking (APN6).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-apn6-problem-statement-usecases/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-apn6-problem-statement-usecases-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-apn6-problem-statement-usecases-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/