Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pim-reserved-bits-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 14:14:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Protocols for IP Multicast WG of the IETF.

        Title           : PIM Message Type Space Extension and Reserved Bits
        Authors         : Stig Venaas
                          Alvaro Retana
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pim-reserved-bits-04.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2019-09-19

Abstract:
   The PIM version 2 messages share a common message header format.  The
   common header definition contains eight reserved bits.  This document
   specifies how these bits may be used by individual message types, and
   creates a registry containing the per-message-type usage.  This
   document also extends the PIM type space by defining three new
   message types.  For each of the new types, four of the previously
   reserved bits are used to form an extended type range.

   This document Updates RFC 7761 and RFC 3973 by defining the use of
   the currently Reserved field in the PIM common header.  This document
   further updates RFC 7761 and RFC 3973, along with RFC 5015, RFC 5059,
   RFC 6754 and RFC 8364, by specifying the use of the currently
   Reserved bits for each PIM message.

   This document obsoletes RFC 6166.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-reserved-bits/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pim-reserved-bits-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pim-reserved-bits-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pim-reserved-bits-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/