Subject: I-D Action: draft-fiebig-security-acme-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2019 01:23:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Extended Security Considerations for the Automatic Certificate Management Environment (ESecACME)
        Authors         : Tobias Fiebig
                          Kevin Borgolte
	Filename        : draft-fiebig-security-acme-01.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2019-09-09

Abstract:
   Most Public Key Infrastructure X.509 (PKIX) certificates are issued
   via the ACME protocol.  Recently, several attacks against domain
   validation (DV) have been published, including IP-use-after-free and
   (forced) on-path attacks.  These attacks can often be mitigated by
   (selectively) requiring additional challenges, such as DNS
   validation, proof of ownership of a prior certificate, and by being
   more diligent in operating a certificate authority.  This document
   provides a list of currently known attacks and describes mitigations
   and operational procedures to prevent issuing a certificate to an
   unauthorized party.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fiebig-security-acme/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fiebig-security-acme-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-fiebig-security-acme-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-fiebig-security-acme-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/