Subject: I-D Action: draft-dolmatov-magma-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 06:19:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : GOST R 34.12-2015: Block Cipher "Magma"
        Authors         : Vasily Dolmatov
                          Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov
	Filename        : draft-dolmatov-magma-03.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2019-09-26

Abstract:
   The Russian Federal standard for electronic encryption, decryption,
   and message authentication algorithms (GOST 28147-89), which is one
   of the Russian cryptographic standard algorithms is described in RFC
   5830.  Since its publication, an update to the Russian Federal
   standard was published as GOST R 34.12-2015 that includes the
   specification of the block cipher known as "Kuznyechik" which has
   been described in RFC7801.

   GOST R 34.12-2015 also includes an updated version of the block
   cipher with block length of n=64 bits and key length k=256 bits,
   which is also referred as "Magma".  This document is intended to be a
   source of information about the updated version of 64-bit cipher.  It
   may facilitate the use of the block cipher in Internet applications
   by providing information for developers and users of GOST 64-bit
   cipherwith the revised version of the cipherfor encryption and
   decryption.

   Unlike RFC 5830 (GOST 28147-89) and like RFC 7801 this specification
   does not define exact block modes which should be used together with
   updated Magma cipher.  One is free to select block modes depending on
   the protocol and necessity.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dolmatov-magma/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dolmatov-magma-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dolmatov-magma-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dolmatov-magma-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/