Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-hrpc-political-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 08:20:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Human Rights Protocol Considerations RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Notes on networking standards and politics
        Author          : Niels ten Oever
	Filename        : draft-irtf-hrpc-political-05.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2019-09-18

Abstract:
   The IETF cannot ordain what standards or protocols are to be used on
   networks, but the standards development process in the IETF does have
   an impact on society through its normative standards setting process.
   This document aims to bring about a better understanding on the
   political nature of standards and protocols.  Among other things, the
   IETF's work affects what is perceived as technologically possible and
   useful where networking technologies are being deployed, and its
   standards reflect what is considered by the technical community to be
   feasible and good practice.  Whereas there might not be agreement
   among the Internet protocol community on the specific political
   nature of the technological development process and its outputs, it
   is undisputed that standards and protocols are both products of a
   political process, and they can also be used for political means.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-hrpc-political/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-hrpc-political-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-hrpc-political-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-hrpc-political-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/