Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-echo-request-tag-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 03:57:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : CoAP: Echo, Request-Tag, and Token Processing
        Authors         : Christian Amsüss
                          John Preuß Mattsson
                          Göran Selander
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-echo-request-tag-07.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2019-09-19

Abstract:
   This document specifies enhancements to the Constrained Application
   Protocol (CoAP) that mitigate security issues in particular use
   cases.  The Echo option enables a CoAP server to verify the freshness
   of a request or to force a client to demonstrate reachability at its
   claimed network address.  The Request-Tag option allows the CoAP
   server to match block-wise message fragments belonging to the same
   request.  The update to the client Token processing requirements of
   RFC 7252 forbids non-secure reuse of Tokens to ensure binding of
   responses to requests when CoAP is used with security.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-echo-request-tag/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-echo-request-tag-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-core-echo-request-tag-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-echo-request-tag-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/