Subject: I-D Action: draft-voyer-6man-extension-header-insertion-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 21:20:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Insertion of IPv6 Segment Routing Headers in a Controlled Domain
        Authors         : Daniel Voyer
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Darren Dukes
                          Satoru Matsushima
                          John Leddy
	Filename        : draft-voyer-6man-extension-header-insertion-07.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2019-09-20

Abstract:
   Traffic traversing an SR domain is encapsulated in an outer IPv6
   header for its journey through the SR domain.

   To implement transport services strictly within the SR domain, the SR
   domain may require insertion or removal of an SRH after the outer
   IPv6 header of the SR domain.  Any segment within the SRH is strictly
   contained within the SR domain.

   The SR domain always preserves the end-to-end integrity of traffic
   traversing it.  No extension header is manipulated, inserted or
   removed from an inner transported packet.  The packet leaving the SR
   domain is exactly the same (except for the hop-limit update) as the
   packet entering the SR domain.

   The SR domain is designed with link MTU sufficiently greater than the
   MTU at the ingress edge of the SR domain.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-voyer-6man-extension-header-insertion/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-voyer-6man-extension-header-insertion-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-voyer-6man-extension-header-insertion-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-voyer-6man-extension-header-insertion-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/