Subject: I-D Action: draft-rundgren-json-canonicalization-scheme-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 02:21:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : JSON Canonicalization Scheme (JCS)
        Authors         : Anders Rundgren
                          Bret Jordan
                          Samuel Erdtman
	Filename        : draft-rundgren-json-canonicalization-scheme-13.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2019-09-29

Abstract:
   Cryptographic operations like hashing and signing need the data to be
   expressed in an invariant format so that the operations are reliably
   repeatable.  One way to address this is to create a canonical
   representation of the data.  Canonicalization also permits data to be
   exchanged in its original form on the "wire" while cryptographic
   operations performed on the canonicalized counterpart of the data in
   the producer and consumer end points, generate consistent results.
   This document describes the JSON Canonicalization Scheme (JCS).  The
   JCS specification defines how to create a canonical representation of
   JSON data by building on the strict serialization methods for JSON
   primitives defined by ECMAScript, constraining JSON data to the
   I-JSON subset, and by using deterministic property sorting.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rundgren-json-canonicalization-scheme/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rundgren-json-canonicalization-scheme-13
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-rundgren-json-canonicalization-scheme-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-rundgren-json-canonicalization-scheme-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/