Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dhc-mac-assign-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 06:16:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Link-Layer Addresses Assignment Mechanism for DHCPv6
        Authors         : Bernie Volz
                          Tomek Mrugalski
                          Carlos J. Bernardos
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dhc-mac-assign-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2019-09-20

Abstract:
   In certain environments, e.g. large scale virtualization deployments,
   new devices are created in an automated manner.  Such devices
   typically have their link-layer (MAC) addresses randomized.  With
   sufficient scale, the likelihood of collision is not acceptable.
   Therefore an allocation mechanism is required.  This draft proposes
   an extension to DHCPv6 that allows a scalable approach to link-layer
   address assignments.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dhc-mac-assign/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-mac-assign-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dhc-mac-assign-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dhc-mac-assign-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/