Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dots-signal-filter-control-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 01:33:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DDoS Open Threat Signaling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Controlling Filtering Rules Using Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) Signal Channel
        Authors         : Kaname Nishizuka
                          Mohamed Boucadair
                          Tirumaleswar Reddy
                          Takahiko Nagata
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dots-signal-filter-control-02.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2019-09-17

Abstract:
   This document specifies an extension to the DOTS signal channel
   protocol so that DOTS clients can control their filtering rules when
   an attack mitigation is active.

   Particularly, this extension allows a DOTS client to activate or de-
   activate existing filtering rules during a DDoS attack.  The
   characterization of these filtering rules is supposed to be conveyed
   by a DOTS client during an idle time by means of the DOTS data
   channel protocol.

Editorial Note (To be removed by RFC Editor)

   Please update these statements within the document with the RFC
   number to be assigned to this document:

   o  "This version of this YANG module is part of RFC XXXX;"

   o  "RFC XXXX: Controlling Filtering Rules Using Distributed Denial-
      of-Service Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) Signal Channel";

   o  reference: RFC XXXX

   o  [RFCXXXX]

   Please update these statements with the RFC number to be assigned to
   the following documents:

   o  "RFC SSSS: Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling
      (DOTS) Signal Channel Specification" (used to be
      [I-D.ietf-dots-signal-channel])

   o  "RFC DDDD: Distributed Denial-of-Service Open Threat Signaling
      (DOTS) Data Channel Specification" (used to be
      [I-D.ietf-dots-data-channel])

   Please update the "revision" date of the YANG module.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dots-signal-filter-control/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dots-signal-filter-control-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dots-signal-filter-control-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dots-signal-filter-control-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/