Subject: I-D Action: draft-klensin-idna-unicode-review-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 06:43:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IDNA Review for New Unicode Versions
        Authors         : John C Klensin
                          Patrik Faltstrom
	Filename        : draft-klensin-idna-unicode-review-04.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2019-09-26

Abstract:
   The standards for Internationalized Domain Names in Applications
   (IDNA) require a review of each new version of Unicode to determine
   whether incompatibilities with prior versions or other issues exist
   and, where appropriate, to allow the IETF to decide on the trade-offs
   between compatibility with prior IDNA versions and compatibility with
   Unicode going forward.  That requirement, and its relationship to
   tables maintained by IANA, has caused significant confusion in the
   past.  This document makes adjustments to the review procedure based
   on experience and updates IDNA, specifically RFC 5892, to reflect
   those changes and clarify the various relationships involved.  It
   also makes other minor adjustments to align that document with
   experience.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-klensin-idna-unicode-review/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-klensin-idna-unicode-review-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-klensin-idna-unicode-review-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-klensin-idna-unicode-review-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/