Subject: I-D Action: draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 00:27:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Segment Routing for Enhanced VPN Service
        Authors         : Jie Dong
                          Stewart Bryant
                          Takuya Miyasaka
                          Yongqing Zhu
                          Fengwei Qin
                          Zhenqiang Li
	Filename        : draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-05.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2019-10-16

Abstract:
   Enhanced VPN (VPN+) is an enhancement to VPN services to enable it to
   support the needs of new applications, particularly applications that
   are associated with 5G services.  These applications require better
   isolation from both control and data plane's perspective and have
   more stringent performance requirements than can be provided with
   overlay VPNs.  The characteristics of an enhanced VPN as perceived by
   its tenant needs to be comparable to those of a dedicated private
   network.  This requires tight integration between the overlay VPN and
   the underlay network topology and resources in a scalable manner.  An
   enhanced VPN may form the underpinning of 5G network slicing, but
   will also be of use in its own right.  This document describes how to
   use segment routing based mechanisms to provide the enhanced VPN
   service with the required network topology and resources.  The
   overall mechanism of providing segment routing based enhanced VPN
   service is also described.  The proposed mechanism is applicable to
   both segment routing with MPLS data plane (SR-MPLS) and segment
   routing with IPv6 data plane (SRv6).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dong-spring-sr-for-enhanced-vpn-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/