Subject: I-D Action: draft-linkova-6man-grand-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 00:19:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Gratuitous Neighor Discovery: Creating Neighbor Cache Entries on First-Hop Routers
        Author          : Jen Linkova
	Filename        : draft-linkova-6man-grand-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2019-10-28

Abstract:
   Neighbor Discovery (RFC4861) is used by IPv6 nodes to determine the
   link-layer addresses of neighboring nodes as well as to discover and
   maintain reachability information.  This document updates [RFC4861]
   to allow routers to proactively create a Neighbor Cache entry when a
   new IPv6 address is assigned to a host.  It also updates [RFC4862]
   and [RFC4429] recommending hosts to send unsolicited Neighbor
   Advertisements upon assigning a new IPv6 address.  The proposed
   change will minimize the delay and packet loss when a host initiate
   connections to off-link destination from a new IPv6 address.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-linkova-6man-grand/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-linkova-6man-grand-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-linkova-6man-grand-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/