Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidrops-rpkimaxlen-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 09:29:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIDR Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : The Use of Maxlength in the RPKI
        Authors         : Yossi Gilad
                          Sharon Goldberg
                          Kotikalapudi Sriram
                          Job Snijders
                          Ben Maddison
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidrops-rpkimaxlen-03.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2019-10-24

Abstract:
   This document recommends ways to reduce forged-origin attack surface
   by prudently limiting the address space that is included in Route
   Origin Authorizations (ROAs).  One recommendation is to avoid using
   the maxLength attribute in ROAs except in some specific cases.  The
   recommendations complement and extend those in RFC 7115.  The
   document also discusses creation of ROAs for facilitating Distributed
   Denial of Service (DDoS) mitigation services.  Considerations related
   to ROAs and origin validation for the case of destination-based
   Remote Triggered Black Hole (RTBH) filtering are also highlighted.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-rpkimaxlen/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidrops-rpkimaxlen-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-sidrops-rpkimaxlen-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sidrops-rpkimaxlen-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/