Subject: I-D Action: draft-hb-idr-sr-p2mp-policy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 18:49:11 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Advertising p2mp policies in BGP
        Authors         : Hooman Bidgoli
                          Daniel Voyer
                          Andrew Stone
                          Rishabh Parekh
                          Serge Krier
                          Arvind Venkateswaran
	Filename        : draft-hb-idr-sr-p2mp-policy-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2019-10-30

Abstract:
   SR P2MP policies are set of policies that enable architecture for
   P2MP service delivery.

   A P2MP policy consists of candidate paths that connects the Root of
   the Tree to a set of Leaves. The P2MP policy is composed of
   replication segments. A replication segment is a forwarding
   instruction for a candidate path which is downloaded to the Root,
   transit nodes and the leaves.

   This document specifies a new BGP SAFI with a new NLRI in order to
   advertise P2MP policy from a controller to a set of nodes.

   This document introduces two new route types within this NLRI, one
   for P2MP policy and its candidate paths that need to be programmed on
   the Root node and another for the replication segment and forwarding
   instructions that needs to be programmed on the Root, and optionally
   on Transit and Leaf nodes.

   It should be noted that this document does not specify how the Root
   and the Leaves are discovered on the controller, it only describes
   how the P2MP Policy and Replication Segments are programmed from the
   controller to the nodes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hb-idr-sr-p2mp-policy/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hb-idr-sr-p2mp-policy-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hb-idr-sr-p2mp-policy-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/