Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-ack-handling-for-wireless-transports-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 07:13:21 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Advancing ACK Handling for Wireless Transports
        Authors         : Tong Li
                          Kai Zheng
                          Rahul Arvind Jadhav
                          Jiao Kang
	Filename        : draft-li-ack-handling-for-wireless-transports-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2019-10-29

Abstract:
   Acknowledgement (ACK) is a basic function and implemented in most of
   the ordered and reliable transport protocols [RFC0793].  Traditional
   ACK is designed with high frequency to guarantee correct interaction
   between sender and receiver.  Delayed byte-counting ACK or periodic
   ACK with large interval are proposed in prior work to reduce ACK
   intensity.

   High-throughput transport over wireless local area network (WLAN)
   becomes a demanding requirement with the emergence of 4K wireless
   projection, VR/AR-based interactive gaming, and more.  However, the
   interference nature of the wireless medium induces an unavoidable
   contention between data transport and backward signaling, such as
   acknowledgement.

   This document presents the problems caused by high-intensity ACK in
   WLAN.  We also analyze the possibility of ACK optimization in WLAN
   and the compatibility issues with existing systems.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-ack-handling-for-wireless-transports/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-ack-handling-for-wireless-transports-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-ack-handling-for-wireless-transports-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/