Subject: I-D Action: draft-kuhn-coding-congestion-transport-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 03:57:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Coding and congestion control in transport
        Authors         : Nicolas Kuhn
                          Emmanuel Lochin
                          Francois Michel
	Filename        : draft-kuhn-coding-congestion-transport-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2019-10-28

Abstract:
   There are discussions on how loss-based congestion controls consider
   lost packets that have been recovered by a coding mechanism.  This
   document analyses to what extent transport protocols could ignore
   such signals and proposes best current practices on the interaction
   between congestion control and coding mechanism at the transport
   layer.  Coding for tunnels is out-of-the scope of the document.
   Examples of interest for the proposed solution is to better deal with
   tail losses or with networks with non-congestion losses.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuhn-coding-congestion-transport/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kuhn-coding-congestion-transport-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kuhn-coding-congestion-transport-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/