Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 11:17:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : In-situ Flow Information Telemetry
        Authors         : Haoyu Song
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Tianran Zhou
                          Fengwei Qin
                          Huanan Chen
                          Jaewhan Jin
                          Jongyoon Shin
	Filename        : draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-06.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2019-10-21

Abstract:
   For efficient network operation, most operators rely on traditional
   Operation, Administration and Maintenance (OAM) methods, which
   include proactive and reactive techniques, running in active and
   passive modes.  As networks increase in scale they become more
   susceptible to measurement accuracy and misconfiguration errors.

   With the advent of programmable data-plane emerging on-path OAM
   techniques, such as flow telemetry, provide unprecedented insight and
   fast notification of network issues (e.g., jitter, increased latency,
   packet loss, significant bit error variations, and unequal load-
   balancing).

   In-situ Flow Information Telemetry (iFIT) provides a method for
   efficiently applying underlying on-path flow telemetry techniques,
   applicable across various network environments.

   This document outlines an iFIT framework, which enumerates several
   critical functional components and describes how these components are
   assembled together to achieve a complete and closed-loop working
   solution for on-path flow telemetry.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/