Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-nwcrg-network-coding-satellites-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 02:32:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Coding for efficient NetWork Communications Research Group RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Coding techniques for satellite systems
        Authors         : Nicolas Kuhn
                          Emmanuel Lochin
	Filename        : draft-irtf-nwcrg-network-coding-satellites-07.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2019-10-30

Abstract:
   This document is the product of the Coding for Efficient Network
   Communications Research Group (NWCRG).  This document follows the
   taxonomy document [RFC8406] and considers coding as a linear
   combination of packets that operate in and above the network layer.
   In this context, this memo details a multi-gateway satellite system
   to identify use-cases where coding is relevant.  As example, coding
   operating in and above the network layer can be exploited to cope
   with residual losses or provide reliable multicast services.  The
   objective is to contribute to a larger deployment of such techniques
   in SATCOM systems.  This memo also identifies open research issues
   related to the deployment of coding in SATCOM systems, such as the
   interaction between congestion controls and coding techniques.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-nwcrg-network-coding-satellites/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-nwcrg-network-coding-satellites-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-nwcrg-network-coding-satellites-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-nwcrg-network-coding-satellites-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/