Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-mpls-elc-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2019 04:27:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Link State Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Signaling Entropy Label Capability and Entropy Readable Label-stack Depth Using OSPF
        Authors         : Xiaohu Xu
                          Sriganesh Kini
                          Peter Psenak
                          Clarence Filsfils
                          Stephane Litkowski
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-mpls-elc-10.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2019-10-04

Abstract:
   Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) has defined a mechanism to load-
   balance traffic flows using Entropy Labels (EL).  An ingress Label
   Switching Router (LSR) cannot insert ELs for packets going into a
   given tunnel unless an egress LSR has indicated via signaling that it
   has the capability to process ELs, referred to as Entropy Label
   Capability (ELC), on that tunnel.  In addition, it would be useful
   for ingress LSRs to know each LSR's capability of reading the maximum
   label stack depth and performing EL-based load-balancing, referred to
   as Entropy Readable Label Depth (ERLD).  This document defines a
   mechanism to signal these two capabilities using OSPF and OSPFv3.
   These mechanism is particularly useful in the environment where
   Segment Routing (SR) is used, where label advertisements are done via
   protocols like OSPF and OSPFv3.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-mpls-elc/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ospf-mpls-elc-10
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ospf-mpls-elc-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ospf-mpls-elc-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/