Subject: I-D Action: draft-reddy-dprive-dprive-privacy-policy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2019 03:29:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DNS server privacy policy with assertion token
        Authors         : Tirumaleswar Reddy
                          Dan Wing
                          Michael C. Richardson
	Filename        : draft-reddy-dprive-dprive-privacy-policy-00.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2019-10-03

Abstract:
   Users want to control how their DNS queries are handled by DNS
   servers so they can configure their system to use DNS servers that
   comply with their privacy expectations.

   This document defines a mechanism for a DNS server to communicate its
   privacy policy to a DNS client.  This communication is
   cryptographically signed to attest to its authenticity.  By
   evaluating the DNS privacy policy and the signatory, the DNS client
   can choose a DNS server that best supports its desired privacy
   policies.  The privacy assertion token is particularly useful for
   DNS-over-TLS and DNS-over-HTTPS servers, both public resolvers and
   those discovered on the local network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-reddy-dprive-dprive-privacy-policy/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reddy-dprive-dprive-privacy-policy-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-reddy-dprive-dprive-privacy-policy-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/