Subject: I-D Action: draft-hellstrom-mmusic-multi-party-rtt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 16:33:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Real-time text media handling in multi-party conferences
        Author          : Gunnar Hellstrom
	Filename        : draft-hellstrom-mmusic-multi-party-rtt-00.txt
	Pages           : 36
	Date            : 2019-10-31

Abstract:
   This memo specifies methods for Real-Time Text (RTT) media handling
   in multi-party calls.  The main solution is to carry Real-Time text
   by the RTP protocol in a time-sampled mode according to RFC 4103.
   The main solution for centralized multi-party handling of real-time
   text is achieved through a media control unit coordinating multiple
   RTP text streams into one RTP session.

   Identification for the streams are provided through the RTCP
   messages.  This mechanism enables the receiving application to
   present the received real-time text medium in different ways
   according to user preferences.  Some presentation related features
   are also described explaining suitable variations of transmission and
   presentation of text.

   Call control features are described for the SIP environment.  A
   number of alternative methods for providing the multi-party
   negotiation, transmission and presentation are discussed and a
   recommendation for the main one is provided.  Two alternative methods
   using a single RTP stream and source identification inline in the
   text stream are also described, one of them being provided as a lower
   functionality fallback method for endpoints with no multi-party
   awareness for RTT.

   Brief information is also provided for multi-party RTT in the WebRTC
   environment.

   EDITOR NOTE: A number of alternatives are specified for discussion.
   A decision is needed which alternatives are preferred and then how
   the preferred alternatives shall be emphasized.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hellstrom-mmusic-multi-party-rtt/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hellstrom-mmusic-multi-party-rtt-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hellstrom-mmusic-multi-party-rtt-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/