Subject: I-D Action: draft-hoeneisen-pep-keysync-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 02:23:07 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : pretty Easy privacy (pEp): Key Synchronization Protocol (KeySync)
        Authors         : Bernie Hoeneisen
                          Hernani Marques
                          Kelly Bristol
	Filename        : draft-hoeneisen-pep-keysync-01.txt
	Pages           : 55
	Date            : 2019-10-31

Abstract:
   This document describes the pEp KeySync protocol, which is designed
   to perform secure peer-to-peer synchronization of private keys across
   devices belonging to the same user.

   Modern users of messaging systems typically have multiple devices for
   communicating, and attempting to use encryption on all of these
   devices often leads to situations where messages cannot be decrypted
   on a given device due to missing private key data.  Current
   approaches to resolve key synchronicity issues are cumbersome and
   potentially unsecure.  The pEp KeySync protocol is designed to
   facilitate this personal key synchronization in a user-friendly
   manner.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hoeneisen-pep-keysync/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hoeneisen-pep-keysync-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hoeneisen-pep-keysync-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hoeneisen-pep-keysync-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/