Subject: I-D Action: draft-williams-soc-nxrate-control-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2019 08:27:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Non-eXempt Rate Control
        Author          : Philip Williams
	Filename        : draft-williams-soc-nxrate-control-00.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2019-10-03

Abstract:
   A SIP overload control signalling protocol framework has previously
   been published, with the flexibility to allow different SIP request
   rate limiting algorithms to be selected. This document proposes a
   similar algorithm of maximum rate type with two advantages over
   existing proposals. Firstly, it exempts certain classes of SIP
   requests that are fundamental to correct operation of the SIP
   protocol which, if rejected by control, would worsen rather than
   improve SIP performance. Secondly, it allows target servers to
   control SIP traffic from sources not compliant with this document so
   that it can be deployed in heterogeneous network environments.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-williams-soc-nxrate-control/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-williams-soc-nxrate-control-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-williams-soc-nxrate-control-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/