Subject: I-D Action: draft-bormann-t2trg-sworn-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2019 04:12:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SWORN: Secure Wake on Radio Nudging
        Author          : Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-bormann-t2trg-sworn-03.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2019-10-20

Abstract:
   Normally off devices (RFC7228) would need to expend considerable
   energy resources to be reachable at all times.  Instead, MAC layer
   mechanisms are often employed that allow the last hop router of the
   device to "wake" the device via radio when needed.  Activating these
   devices even for a short time still does expend energy and thus
   should be available to authorized correspondents only.
   Traditionally, this has been achieved by heavy firewalling, allowing
   only authorized hosts to reach the device at all.  This may be too
   inflexible for an Internet of Things.

   The present report describes how to use a combination of currently
   standardized (or in progress) technologies to securely effect this
   authorization.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-t2trg-sworn/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-t2trg-sworn-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bormann-t2trg-sworn-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bormann-t2trg-sworn-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/