Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 17:37:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Postcard-based On-Path Flow Data Telemetry
        Authors         : Haoyu Song
                          Tianran Zhou
                          Zhenbin Li
                          Jongyoon Shin
                          Kyungtae Lee
	Filename        : draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry-06.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2019-10-29

Abstract:
   The Postcard-Based Telemetry (PBT) allows network OAM applications to
   directly collect and export telemetry data about any user packet at
   each node on the forwarding path.  PBT has two variations, PBT-I and
   PBT-M.  PBT-I requires inserting an instruction header to user
   packets to guide the data collection.  An implementation of PBT-I is
   the IOAM Direct Export option described in
   [I-D.ioamteam-ippm-ioam-direct-export].  In contrast, PBT-M only
   marks the user packets or configure the flow filter to invoke the
   data collection and postcard export.  PBT complements IOAM trace
   option by addressing several specific implementation and deployment
   challenges.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-song-ippm-postcard-based-telemetry-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/