Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-ippm-multipoint-alt-mark-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 01:51:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Measurement WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Multipoint Alternate Marking method for passive and hybrid performance monitoring
        Authors         : Giuseppe Fioccola
                          Mauro Cociglio
                          Amedeo Sapio
                          Riccardo Sisto
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-multipoint-alt-mark-03.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2019-11-04

Abstract:
   The Alternate Marking method, as presented in RFC 8321 [RFC8321], can
   be applied only to point-to-point flows because it assumes that all
   the packets of the flow measured on one node are measured again by a
   single second node.  This document aims to generalize and expand this
   methodology to measure any kind of unicast flows, whose packets can
   follow several different paths in the network, in wider terms a
   multipoint-to-multipoint network.  For this reason the technique here
   described is called Multipoint Alternate Marking.  Some definitions
   here introduced extend the scope of RFC 5644 [RFC5644] in the context
   of alternate marking schema.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-multipoint-alt-mark/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ippm-multipoint-alt-mark-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ippm-multipoint-alt-mark-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ippm-multipoint-alt-mark-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/