Subject: I-D Action: draft-viruthagiri-email-address-length-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 01:15:55 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Email Address Length
        Author          : Viruthagiri Thirumavalavan
	Filename        : draft-viruthagiri-email-address-length-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2019-11-26

Abstract:
   This memo formally defines the overall email address maximum length
   to 254 characters (octets);

   Relaxes local-part limitation set by RFC 821/2821/5321;

   Obsoletes domain-part limitation set by RFC 821/2821/5321; AND

   Uses the mechanism described in RFC 1869 to define an extension with
   keyword "EAML" to the SMTP service whereby an SMTP server can declare
   that it is capable of handling longer email addresses.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-viruthagiri-email-address-length/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-viruthagiri-email-address-length-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-viruthagiri-email-address-length-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/