Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 20:53:17 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : In-situ Flow Information Telemetry
        Authors         : Haoyu Song
                          Fengwei Qin
                          Huanan Chen
                          Jaehwan Jin
                          Jongyoon Shin
	Filename        : draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-08.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2019-11-18

Abstract:
   For efficient network operation, most network operators rely on
   traditional Operation, Administration and Maintenance (OAM) methods,
   which include proactive and reactive techniques, running in active
   and passive modes.  As networks increase in scale, they become more
   susceptible to measurement accuracy and misconfiguration errors.

   With the advent of programmable data-plane, emerging on-path
   telemetry techniques provide unprecedented flow insight and fast
   notification of network issues (e.g., jitter, increased latency,
   packet loss, significant bit error variations, and unequal load-
   balancing).

   This document outlines a reference architectural framework, In-situ
   Flow Information Telemetry (iFIT), which enumerates several high
   level components and describes how these components can be assembled
   to achieve a complete and closed-loop working solution for on-path
   telemetry.

   iFIT addresses several deployment challenges for on-path telemetry
   techniques, especially in carrier networks.  As an open framework, it
   does not detail the implementation of the components as well as the
   interface between the components.  Rather, the document summarizes
   the current status and analyzes the gaps on related standard
   developments.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/