Subject: I-D Action: draft-arkko-farrell-arch-model-t-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 09:25:51 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Challenges and Changes in the Internet Threat Model
        Authors         : Jari Arkko
                          Stephen Farrell
	Filename        : draft-arkko-farrell-arch-model-t-00.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2019-11-04

Abstract:
   Communications security has been at the center of many security
   improvements in the Internet.  The goal has been to ensure that
   communications are protected against outside observers and attackers.

   This memo suggests that the existing threat model, while important
   and still valid, is no longer alone sufficient to cater for the
   pressing security issues in the Internet.  For instance, it is also
   necessary to protect systems against endpoints that are compromised,
   malicious, or whose interests simply do not align with the interests
   of the users.  While such protection is difficult, there are some
   measures that can be taken.

   It is particularly important to ensure that as we continue to develop
   Internet technology, non-communications security related threats are
   properly understood.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-arkko-farrell-arch-model-t/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-arkko-farrell-arch-model-t-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-arkko-farrell-arch-model-t-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/