Subject: I-D Action: draft-wang-mmusic-encrypted-ice-candidates-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 12:40:01 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Encrypting ICE candidates to improve privacy and connectivity
        Authors         : Alex Drake
                          Justin Uberti
                          Qingsi Wang
	Filename        : draft-wang-mmusic-encrypted-ice-candidates-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2019-11-01

Abstract:
   WebRTC applications collect ICE candidates as part of the process of
   creating peer-to-peer connections.  To maximize the probability of a
   direct peer-to-peer connection, client private IP addresses can be
   included in this candidate collection, but this has privacy
   implications.  This document describes a way to share local IP
   addresses with local peers without compromising client privacy.
   During the ICE process, local IP addresses are encrypted and
   authenticated using a pre-shared key and cipher suite before being
   put into ICE candidates as hostnames with an ".encrypted" pseudo-top-
   level domain.  Other peers who also have the PSK are able to decrypt
   these addresses and use them normally in ICE processing.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-mmusic-encrypted-ice-candidates/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-mmusic-encrypted-ice-candidates-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wang-mmusic-encrypted-ice-candidates-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/