Subject: I-D Action: draft-birk-pep-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 13:37:50 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : pretty Easy privacy (pEp): Privacy by Default
        Authors         : Volker Birk
                          Hernani Marques
                          Bernie Hoeneisen
	Filename        : draft-birk-pep-05.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2019-11-04

Abstract:
   The pretty Easy privacy (pEp) model and protocols describe a set of
   conventions for the automation of operations traditionally seen as
   barriers to the use and deployment of secure, privacy-preserving end-
   to-end interpersonal messaging.  These include, but are not limited
   to, key management, key discovery, and private key handling
   (including peer-to-peer synchronization of private keys and other
   user data across devices).  Human Rights-enabling principles like
   Data Minimization, End-to-End and Interoperability are explicit
   design goals.  For the goal of usable privacy, pEp introduces means
   to verify communication between peers and proposes a trust-rating
   system to denote secure types of communications and signal the
   privacy level available on a per-user and per-message level.
   Significantly, the pEp protocols build on already available security
   formats and message transports (e.g., PGP/MIME with email), and are
   written with the intent to be interoperable with already widely-
   deployed systems in order to ease adoption and implementation.  This
   document outlines the general design choices and principles of pEp.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-birk-pep/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-birk-pep-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-birk-pep-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-birk-pep-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/