Subject: I-D Action: draft-sidrops-bgpsec-validation-signaling-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 20:42:40 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : BGPsec Validation State Signaling
        Authors         : Oliver Borchert
                          Doug Montgomery
                          Daniel Kopp
	Filename        : draft-sidrops-bgpsec-validation-signaling-01.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2019-11-18

Abstract:
   This document updates RFC 8097 by adding the BGPsec path validation
   state to the reserved portion of the extended community in RFC 8097.
   BGP speakers that receive this community string can use the embedded
   BGPsec validation state and configure local policies that allow it
   being used to influence their decision process.  This is especially
   helpful because Section 5 of RFC 8205 specifically allows putting
   BGPsec path validation temporarily on hold.  This allows reducing the
   load of validation particularly from IBGP learned routes or EBGP
   learned routes when warranted.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sidrops-bgpsec-validation-signaling/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sidrops-bgpsec-validation-signaling-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-sidrops-bgpsec-validation-signaling-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-sidrops-bgpsec-validation-signaling-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/