Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mboned-ieee802-mcast-problems-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 14:42:25 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the MBONE Deployment WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Multicast Considerations over IEEE 802 Wireless Media
        Authors         : Charles E. Perkins
                          Mike McBride
                          Dorothy Stanley
                          Warren Kumari
                          Juan Carlos Zuniga
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mboned-ieee802-mcast-problems-10.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2019-11-04

Abstract:
   Well-known issues with multicast have prevented the deployment of
   multicast in 802.11 and other local-area wireless environments.  This
   document offers guidance on known limitations and problems with
   wireless (primarily 802.11) Layer-2 multicast.  Also described are
   certain multicast enhancement features that have been specified by
   the IETF and by IEEE 802 for wireless media, as well as some
   operational choices that can be taken to improve the performance of
   the network.  Finally, some recommendations are provided about the
   usage and combination of these features and operational choices.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mboned-ieee802-mcast-problems/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mboned-ieee802-mcast-problems-10
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mboned-ieee802-mcast-problems-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mboned-ieee802-mcast-problems-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/