Subject: I-D Action: draft-kuhn-quic-4-sat-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 08:31:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : QUIC for SATCOM
        Authors         : Nicolas Kuhn
                          Godred Fairhurst
                          John Border
                          Emile Stephan
	Filename        : draft-kuhn-quic-4-sat-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2019-11-04

Abstract:
   QUIC has been designed for use across Internet paths.  Initial
   designs of QUIC have focussed on common deployment scenarios for web
   traffic and have not focussed on the performance when using a path
   with a large Bandwidth-Delay Product (BDP).  A path can combine
   satellites network segment together with a wide variety of other
   network technologies (Ethernet, cable modems, WiFi, cellular, radio
   links, etc): this complicates the characteristics of the end-to-end
   path.  One example of such a scenario occurs when a satellite
   communication (SATCOM) system is used to provide all or a part of the
   end-to-end path.  If this is not addressed, the end-to-end quality of
   experience can be degraded.

   This memo identifies the characteristics of a SATCOM link that impact
   the operation of the QUIC transport protocol and proposes current
   practice to ensure acceptable protocol performance.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuhn-quic-4-sat/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kuhn-quic-4-sat-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kuhn-quic-4-sat-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kuhn-quic-4-sat-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/