Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2019 08:00:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Updated Rules for Processing Stateful PCE Request Parameters Flags
        Author          : Adrian Farrel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2019-11-07

Abstract:
   Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol
   (PCEP) to support stateful Path Computation Elements (PCEs) are
   defined in RFC 8231.  One of the extensions is the Stateful PCE
   Request Parameters (SRP) object.  That object includes a Flags field
   that is a set of 32 bit flags, and RFC 8281 defines an IANA registry
   for tracking assigned flags.  However, RFC 8231 does not explain how
   an implementation should set unassigned flags in transmitted
   messages, nor how an implementation should process unassigned,
   unknown, or unsupported flags in received messages.

   This document updates RFC 8231 by defining the correct behaviors.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/