Subject: I-D Action: draft-venaas-pim-igmp-mld-extension-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 11:01:12 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IGMPv3/MLDv2 Message Extension
        Authors         : Mahesh Sivakumar
                          Stig Venaas
                          Zheng(Sandy) Zhang
	Filename        : draft-venaas-pim-igmp-mld-extension-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2019-11-04

Abstract:
   IGMP and MLD protocols are extensible, but no extensions have been
   defined so far.  This document provides a well-defined way of
   extending IGMP and MLD, including a new extension type to distinguish
   between different extensions.  This document also defines an
   extension for use with IGMP and MLD over BIER, that allows for
   identifying the sender.  This will in turn enable MLD (resp.  IGMP)
   to be used in the BIER multicast flow overlay.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-venaas-pim-igmp-mld-extension/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-venaas-pim-igmp-mld-extension-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-venaas-pim-igmp-mld-extension-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/