Subject: I-D Action: draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-flags-registry-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 19:51:12 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Registration Policy for TCP Header Flags
        Author          : Mirja Kuehlewind
	Filename        : draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-flags-registry-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2019-11-17

Abstract:
   RFC2780 specifies the registration policy for reserved TCP header
   flags as Standards Action.  RFC3168 created an IANA registry for
   these header flags and registered bit 8 (CWR) and 9 (ECE).  This
   draft changes the registration policy of the registration to IETF
   Review as usually new TCP mechanisms that could use the remaining
   reserved flags will be first specified as experimental.  Not noting
   any of those experiments in the registry would undermine the purpose
   of having a registry.  However, care must be taken, as only a few
   reserved flags are left and if a new (experimental) mechanism sees
   deployment in the Internet, the flag cannot be unassigned anymore or
   used for something else.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-flags-registry/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-flags-registry-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-flags-registry-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/