Subject: I-D Action: draft-bernardos-anima-fog-monitoring-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 01:41:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Autonomic setup of fog monitoring agents
        Authors         : Carlos J. Bernardos
                          Alain Mourad
	Filename        : draft-bernardos-anima-fog-monitoring-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2019-11-19

Abstract:
   The concept of fog computing has emerged driven by the Internet of
   Things (IoT) due to the need of handling the data generated from the
   end-user devices.  The term fog is referred to any networked
   computational resource in the continuum between things and cloud.  In
   fog computing, functions can be stiched together composing a service
   function chain.  These functions might be hosted on resources that
   are inherently heterogeneous, volatile and mobile.  This means that
   resources might appear and disappear, and the connectivity
   characteristics between these resources may also change dynamically.
   This calls for new orchestration solutions able to cope with dynamic
   changes to the resources in runtime or ahead of time (in anticipation
   through prediction) as opposed to today's solutions which are
   inherently reactive and static or semi-static.

   A fog monitoring solution can be used to help predicting events so an
   action can be taken before an event actually takes place.  This
   solution is composed of agents running on the fog nodes plus a
   controller hosted at another device (running in the infrastructure or
   in another fog node).  Since fog environments are inherently volatile
   and extremely dynamic, it is convenient to enable the use of
   autonomic technologies to autonomously set-up the fog monitoring
   platform.  This document aims at presenting this use case as well as
   specifying how to use GRASP as needed in this scenario.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bernardos-anima-fog-monitoring/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bernardos-anima-fog-monitoring-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bernardos-anima-fog-monitoring-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bernardos-anima-fog-monitoring-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/