Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-cfrg-randomness-improvements-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2019 16:41:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Crypto Forum RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Randomness Improvements for Security Protocols
        Authors         : Cas Cremers
                          Luke Garratt
                          Stanislav Smyshlyaev
                          Nick Sullivan
                          Christopher A. Wood
	Filename        : draft-irtf-cfrg-randomness-improvements-08.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2019-11-02

Abstract:
   Randomness is a crucial ingredient for TLS and related security
   protocols.  Weak or predictable "cryptographically-strong"
   pseudorandom number generators (CSPRNGs) can be abused or exploited
   for malicious purposes.  The Dual EC random number backdoor and
   Debian bugs are relevant examples of this problem.  An initial
   entropy source that seeds a CSPRNG might be weak or broken as well,
   which can also lead to critical and systemic security problems.  This
   document describes a way for security protocol participants to
   augment their CSPRNGs using long-term private keys.  This improves
   randomness from broken or otherwise subverted CSPRNGs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-cfrg-randomness-improvements/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-cfrg-randomness-improvements-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-cfrg-randomness-improvements-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-cfrg-randomness-improvements-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/