Subject: I-D Action: draft-litkowski-bess-vpnv4-ipv6-nh-handling-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 07:37:12 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Modifying RFC5549 VPNv4 over IPv6 next hop handling procedures
        Authors         : Stephane Litkowski
                          Swadesh Agrawal
                          Keyur Patel
                          Shunwan Zhuang
	Filename        : draft-litkowski-bess-vpnv4-ipv6-nh-handling-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2019-11-04

Abstract:
   RFC4364 and RFC4659 define respectively BGP extensions to provide
   VPN-IPv4 and VPN-IPv6 services.  When defined RFC5549 has brought up
   an inconsistency in how the next hop is encoded when a VPN-IPv4 NLRI
   carries an IPv6 next hop compared to RFC4364 and RFC4659.  For some
   reasons, existing and deployed implementations of RFC5549 haven't
   followed the specification and are using an VPN-IPv6 next hop as in
   RFC4364 and RFC4659.  Moving these implementations to be compliant
   with RFC5549 may break existing network deployments.  This document
   proposes a modification of RFC5549 to enable compliancy of these
   implementations.  These document also proposes additional
   modifications of RFC5549 to address missing points.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-litkowski-bess-vpnv4-ipv6-nh-handling/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-litkowski-bess-vpnv4-ipv6-nh-handling-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-litkowski-bess-vpnv4-ipv6-nh-handling-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/