Subject: I-D Action: draft-qian-mptcp-predict-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2019 09:42:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Predictable Multipath TCP (MPTCP) extension
        Authors         : Qian Wu
                          Hewu Li
                          Qi Zhang
                          Jun Liu
	Filename        : draft-qian-mptcp-predict-00.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2019-11-02

Abstract:
   Multipath TCP (MPTCP) adds the capability of using multiple paths to
   a regular TCP session, which is quite suitable for integrated network
   scenarios where multiple paths almost always exist.  However, link
   handover and link on-off switching happen frequently in network
   systems that integrate different systems (especially the systems that
   continually move), which defeats the quality of MPTCP connections.
   Information about the link handover and on-off switching in above-
   mentioned scenarios can be predicted in advance, but MPTCP is not
   capable of utilizing the prediction information.  This document
   suggests MPTCP be extended with the capacity of obtaining and
   utilizing the prediction information.  Furthermore, the document
   describes one possible way to enhance MPTCP with prediction
   information, which proposes a modified MPTCP scheduler utilizing link
   on-off prediction information.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-qian-mptcp-predict/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-qian-mptcp-predict-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-qian-mptcp-predict-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/