Subject: I-D Action: draft-moreno-lisp-uberlay-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 17:25:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Uberlay Interconnection of Multiple LISP
    overlays
        Authors         : Victor Moreno
                          Dino Farinacci
                          Alberto Rodriguez-Natal
                          Marc Portoles-Comeras
                          Fabio Maino
                          Sanjay Hooda
                          Satish Kondalam
	Filename        : draft-moreno-lisp-uberlay-02.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2019-11-18

Abstract:
   This document describes the use of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol
   (LISP) to interconnect multiple disparate and independent network
   overlays by using a transit overlay.  The transit overlay is referred
   to as the "uberlay" and provides connectivity and control plane
   abstraction between different overlays.  Each network overlay may use
   different control and data plane approaches and may be managed by a
   different organization.  Structuring the network into multiple
   network overlays enables the interworking of different overlay
   approaches to data and control plane methods.  The different network
   overlays are autonomous from a control and data plane perspective,
   this in turn enables failure survivability across overlay domains.
   This document specifies the mechanisms and procedures for the
   distribution of control plane information across overlay sites and in
   the uberlay as well as the lookup and forwarding procedures for
   unicast and multicast traffic within and across overlays.  The
   specification also defines the procedures to support inter-overlay
   mobility of EIDs and their integration with the intra-overlay EID
   mobility procedures defined in draft-ietf-lisp-eid-mobility.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moreno-lisp-uberlay/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moreno-lisp-uberlay-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-moreno-lisp-uberlay-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-moreno-lisp-uberlay-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/