Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-bier-ipv6-requirements-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 14:57:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Bit Indexed Explicit Replication WG of the IETF.

        Title           : BIER IPv6 Requirements
        Authors         : Mike McBride
                          Jingrong Xie
                          Senthil Dhanaraj
                          Rajiv Asati
	Filename        : draft-ietf-bier-ipv6-requirements-02.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2019-11-01

Abstract:
   The BIER WG includes, in it's charter, work on developing mechanisms
   to transport BIER natively in IPv6.  This document is intended to
   help the WG with this effort by specifying requirements for
   transporting packets, with Bit Index Explicit Replication (BIER)
   headers, in an IPv6 environment.  There will be a need to send IPv6
   payloads, to multiple IPv6 destinations, using BIER.  There have been
   several proposed solutions in this area.  But there hasn't been a
   document which describes the problem and lists the requirements.  The
   goal of this document is to describe the BIER IPv6 requirements,
   summarize the proposed solutions, and guide the working group in
   understanding the benefits, and drawbacks, of the various solutions
   and to help in the development of acceptable solutions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bier-ipv6-requirements/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-bier-ipv6-requirements-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-bier-ipv6-requirements-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-bier-ipv6-requirements-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/