Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2019 16:25:12 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element WG of the IETF.

        Title           : PCEP Extension for Flow Specification
        Authors         : Dhruv Dhody
                          Adrian Farrel
                          Zhenbin Li
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-06.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2019-11-02

Abstract:
   The Path Computation Element (PCE) is a functional component capable
   of selecting paths through a traffic engineered network.  These paths
   may be supplied in response to requests for computation, or may be
   unsolicited instructions issued by the PCE to network elements.  Both
   approaches use the PCE Communication Protocol (PCEP) to convey the
   details of the computed path.

   Traffic flows may be categorized and described using "Flow
   Specifications".  RFC 5575 defines the Flow Specification and
   describes how Flow Specification Components are used to describe
   traffic flows.  RFC 5575 also defines how Flow Specifications may be
   distributed in BGP to allow specific traffic flows to be associated
   with routes.

   This document specifies a set of extensions to PCEP to support
   dissemination of Flow Specifications.  This allows a PCE to indicate
   what traffic should be placed on each path that it is aware of.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pce-pcep-flowspec-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/