Subject: I-D Action: draft-choi-icnrg-aiot-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 22:28:43 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Requirements and Challenges for User-level Service Managements of IoT Network by utilizing Artificial Intelligence
        Authors         : Jun Kyun Choi
                          Jae Seob Han
                          Gyeong Ho Lee
                          Na Kyoung Kim
	Filename        : draft-choi-icnrg-aiot-02.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2019-11-17

Abstract:
    This document describes the requirements and challenges to employ artificial
intelligence     (AI) into the constraint Internet of Things (IoT) service environment for
embedding     intelligence and increasing efficiency.
    The IoT service environment includes heterogeneous and multiple IoT devices and
systems     that work together in a cooperative and intelligent way to manage homes, buildings,
and     complex autonomous systems. Therefore, it is becoming very essential to integrate IoT
and     AI technologies to increase the synergy between them. However, there are
several     limitations to achieve AI enabled IoT as the availability of IoT devices is not always
high,     and IoT networks cannot guarantee a certain level of performance in real-time
applications     due to resource constraints.
    This document intends to present a right direction to empower AI in IoT for learning
and     analyzing the usage behaviors of IoT devices/systems and human behaviors based
on     previous records and experiences. With AI enabled IoT, the IoT service environment can
be     intelligently managed in order to compensate for the unexpected performance
degradation     often caused by abnormal situations.

   This Internet-Draft is submitted in full conformance with the
   provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79.

   Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet Engineering
   Task Force (IETF).  Note that other groups may also distribute
   working documents as Internet-Drafts.  The list of current Internet-
   Drafts is at http://datatracker.ietf.org/drafts/current/.

   Internet-Drafts are draft documents valid for a maximum of six months
   and may be updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any
   time.  It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference
   material or to cite them other than as "work in progress."

   This Internet-Draft will
expire on May 19, 2020

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-choi-icnrg-aiot/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-choi-icnrg-aiot-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-choi-icnrg-aiot-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-choi-icnrg-aiot-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/