Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-dmm-pmipv6-dlif-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2019 04:26:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Distributed Mobility Management WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Proxy Mobile IPv6 extensions for Distributed Mobility Management
        Authors         : Carlos J. Bernardos
                          Antonio de la Oliva
                          Fabio Giust
                          Juan Carlos Zuniga
                          Alain Mourad
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dmm-pmipv6-dlif-05.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2019-11-02

Abstract:
   Distributed Mobility Management solutions allow for setting up
   networks so that traffic is distributed in an optimal way and does
   not rely on centrally deployed anchors to provide IP mobility
   support.

   There are many different approaches to address Distributed Mobility
   Management, as for example extending network-based mobility protocols
   (like Proxy Mobile IPv6), or client-based mobility protocols (like
   Mobile IPv6), among others.  This document follows the former
   approach and proposes a solution based on Proxy Mobile IPv6 in which
   mobility sessions are anchored at the last IP hop router (called
   mobility anchor and access router).  The mobility anchor and access
   router is an enhanced access router which is also able to operate as
   a local mobility anchor or mobility access gateway, on a per prefix
   basis.  The document focuses on the required extensions to
   effectively support simultaneously anchoring several flows at
   different distributed gateways.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmm-pmipv6-dlif/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dmm-pmipv6-dlif-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dmm-pmipv6-dlif-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dmm-pmipv6-dlif-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/