Subject: I-D Action: draft-thaler-iftype-reg-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2019 18:48:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Guidelines and Registration Procedures for Interface Types and Tunnel Types
        Authors         : Dave Thaler
                          Dan Romascanu
	Filename        : draft-thaler-iftype-reg-06.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2019-11-02

Abstract:
   This document provides guidelines and procedures for those who are
   defining, registering, or evaluating definitions of new interface
   types ("ifType" values) and tunnel types.  The original definition of
   the IANA interface type registry predated the use of IANA
   Considerations sections and YANG modules, and so some confusion arose
   over time.  Tunnel types were added later, with the same requirements
   and allocation policy as interface types.  This document updates RFC
   2863, and provides updated guidance for these registries.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-thaler-iftype-reg/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-thaler-iftype-reg-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-thaler-iftype-reg-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-thaler-iftype-reg-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/