Subject: I-D Action: draft-litkowski-bess-rfc5549revision-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 21:39:15 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Advertising IPv4 Network Layer Reachability Information with an IPv6 Next Hop
        Authors         : Stephane Litkowski
                          Swadesh Agrawal
                          Krishna Muddenahally Ananthamurthy
                          Keyur Patel
	Filename        : draft-litkowski-bess-rfc5549revision-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2019-11-19

Abstract:
   Multiprotocol BGP (MP-BGP) [RFC4760] specifies that the set of
   network-layer protocols to which the address carried in the Next Hop
   field may belong is determined by the Address Family Identifier (AFI)
   and the Subsequent Address Family Identifier (SAFI).  The current
   AFI/SAFI definitions for the IPv4 address family only have provisions
   for advertising a Next Hop address that belongs to the IPv4 protocol
   when advertising IPv4 Network Layer Reachability Information (NLRI)
   or VPN-IPv4 NLRI.  This document specifies the extensions necessary
   to allow advertising IPv4 NLRI or VPN-IPv4 NLRI with a Next Hop
   address that belongs to the IPv6 protocol.  This comprises an
   extension of the AFI/SAFI definitions to allow the address of the
   Next Hop for IPv4 NLRI or VPN-IPv4 NLRI to also belong to the IPv6
   protocol, the encoding of the Next Hop in order to determine which of
   the protocols the address actually belongs to, and a new BGP
   Capability allowing MP-BGP Peers to dynamically discover whether they
   can exchange IPv4 NLRI and VPN-IPv4 NLRI with an IPv6 Next Hop.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-litkowski-bess-rfc5549revision/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-litkowski-bess-rfc5549revision-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-litkowski-bess-rfc5549revision-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/