Subject: I-D Action: draft-urien-core-bmac-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 14:26:48 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Bijective MAC for Constraint Nodes
        Author          : Pascal Urien
	Filename        : draft-urien-core-bmac-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2019-11-04

Abstract:
   In this draft context, things are powered by micro controllers units
   (MCU) comprising a set of memories such as static RAM (SRAM), FLASH
   and EEPROM. The total memory size, ranges from 10KB to a few
   megabytes.
   In this context code and data integrity is a major security issue,
   for the deployment of Internet of Things infrastructure. The goal of
   the bijective MAC (bMAC) is to compute an integrity value, which
   cannot be guessed by malicious software.
   In classical keyed MAC, MAC is computing according to a fix order.
   In the bijective MAC, the content of N addresses is hashed according
   to a permutation P (i.e. bijective application).
   The bijective MAC key is the permutation P.
   The number of permutations for N addresses is N!. So the computation
   of the bMAC requires the knowledge of the whole space memory; this
   is trivial for genuine software, but could very difficult for
   corrupted software.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-urien-core-bmac/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-urien-core-bmac-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-urien-core-bmac-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/