Subject: I-D Action: draft-cfb-tsvwg-spinbit-new-measurements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 02:33:12 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : New Spin bit enabled measurements with one or two more bits
        Authors         : Mauro Cociglio
                          Giuseppe Fioccola
                          Fabio Bulgarella
                          Riccardo Sisto
	Filename        : draft-cfb-tsvwg-spinbit-new-measurements-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2019-11-04

Abstract:
   This document introduces additional measurements by using the same
   spin bit signal as defined in [I-D.trammell-tsvwg-spin] and
   [I-D.trammell-ippm-spin].  The spin bit signal alone is not enough to
   evaluate correctly in every network condition the RTT of a flow.  In
   order to solve this problem, it is theorized the possibility of
   introducing an additional validation signal called delay bit, similar
   to what is done by the Valid Edge Counter (VEC), but using just one
   bit instead of two.  An alternative with two bits is also introduced
   with a so called loss bit.  More in general a loss signal is defined
   to measure packet loss and two alternatives are presented with one
   bit and two bits.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cfb-tsvwg-spinbit-new-measurements/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cfb-tsvwg-spinbit-new-measurements-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-cfb-tsvwg-spinbit-new-measurements-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/