Subject: I-D Action: draft-rao-pitfol-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 14:44:10 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Personal Information Tagging for Logs (PITFoL)
        Authors         : Sandeep Rao
                          Shivan Sahib
                          Ryan Guest
	Filename        : draft-rao-pitfol-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2019-11-04

Abstract:
   Software applications typically generate a large amount of log data
   in the course of their operation in order to help with monitoring,
   troubleshooting, etc.  However, like all data generated and operated
   upon by software systems, logs can contain information sensitive to
   users.  Personal data identification and anonymization in logs is
   thus crucial to ensure that no personal data is being inadvertently
   logged and retained which would make the logging application run
   afoul of laws around storing private information.  This document
   focuses on exploring mechanisms to specify personal or sensitive data
   in logs, to enable any server collecting, processing or analyzing
   logs to identify personal data and thereafter, potentially enforce
   any redaction.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rao-pitfol/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rao-pitfol-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-rao-pitfol-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/