Subject: I-D Action: draft-gont-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 05:48:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Improving the Reaction of Customer Edge Routers to Renumbering Events
        Authors         : Fernando Gont
                          Jan Zorz
                          Richard Patterson
	Filename        : draft-gont-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2019-11-01

Abstract:
   In scenarios where network configuration information related to IPv6
   prefixes becomes invalid without any explicit signaling of that
   condition (such as when a CPE crashes and reboots without knowledge
   of the previously-employed prefixes), hosts on the local network will
   continue using stale prefixes for an unacceptably long period of
   time, thus resulting in connectivity problems.  This document
   specifies improvements to Customer Edge Routers that help mitigate
   the aforementioned problem for typical residential and small office
   scenarios.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gont-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gont-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/