Subject: I-D Action: draft-nguyen-sfc-security-architecture-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 05:23:12 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Security Architecture Against Service Function Chaining Threats
        Authors         : NGUYEN CANH THANG
                          Minho Park
	Filename        : draft-nguyen-sfc-security-architecture-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2019-11-24

Abstract:
   Service Function Chaining (SFC) provides a special capability that
   defines an ordered list of network services as a virtual chain and
   makes a network more flexible and manageable.  However, SFC is
   vulnerable to various attacks caused by compromised switches,
   especially the middlebox-bypass attack.  In this document, we propose
   a security architecture that can detect not only middlebox-bypass
   attacks but also other incorrect forwarding actions by compromised
   switches.  The existing solutions to protect SFC against compromised
   switches and middlebox-bypass attacks can only solve individual
   problems.  The proposed architecture uses both probe-based and
   statistics-based methods to check the probe packets with random pre-
   assigned keys and collect statistics from middleboxes for detecting
   any abnormal actions in SFC.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nguyen-sfc-security-architecture/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nguyen-sfc-security-architecture-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-nguyen-sfc-security-architecture-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/