Subject: I-D Action: draft-wang-bfd-one-arm-use-case-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 18:37:45 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Using One-Arm BFD in Cloud Network
        Authors         : Ruixue Wang
                          Weiqiang Cheng
                          Yanhua Zhao
                          Aihua Liu
	Filename        : draft-wang-bfd-one-arm-use-case-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2019-11-18

Abstract:
   Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) is a fault detection
   protocol that can quickly determine a communication failure between
   devices and notify upper-layer applications [RFC5880].  BFD has
   asynchronous detecting mode and demand detection mode to satisfy
   different scenarios, also supports echo function to reduce the device
   requirement for BFD.  One-Arm BFD this draft descripted supports
   another BFD detecting function rather than the echo as described in
   [RFC5880] [RFC5881], it needs nothing BFD capability to one of the
   devices deployed BFD detecting.  Using One-Arm BFD function, the one
   device works on BFD detecting normally and the other device just
   loopback the BFD packets like echo function.  One-Arm BFD is suitable
   for the cloud virtualization network, the One-Arm BFD is deploy on
   NFV gateways, and NFV virtual machine vNICs just enable the echo/
   loopback process.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-bfd-one-arm-use-case/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wang-bfd-one-arm-use-case-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wang-bfd-one-arm-use-case-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/