Subject: I-D Action: draft-welzl-loops-gen-info-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 15:07:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : LOOPS Generic Information Set
        Authors         : Michael Welzl
                          Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-welzl-loops-gen-info-02.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2019-11-04

Abstract:
   LOOPS (Local Optimizations on Path Segments) aims to provide local
   (not end-to-end but in-network) recovery of lost packets to achieve
   better data delivery in the presence of losses.
   [I-D.li-tsvwg-loops-problem-opportunities] provides an overview over
   the problems and optimization opportunities that LOOPS could address.

   The present document is a strawman for the set of information that
   would be interchanged in a LOOPS protocol, without already defining a
   specific data packet format.

   The generic information set needs to be mapped to a specific
   encapsulation protocol to actually run the LOOPS optimizations.  The
   current version of this document contains sketches of bindings to GUE
   [I-D.ietf-intarea-gue] and Geneve [I-D.ietf-nvo3-geneve].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-welzl-loops-gen-info/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-welzl-loops-gen-info-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-welzl-loops-gen-info-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-welzl-loops-gen-info-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/