Subject: I-D Action: draft-cheng-pals-p2p-pw-multicast-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 22:55:34 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Efficient Layer 2 Multicast with Point-to-Point Pseudowires
        Authors         : Weiqiang Cheng
                          Jie Dong
	Filename        : draft-cheng-pals-p2p-pw-multicast-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2019-11-18

Abstract:
   Multicast services such as Evolved Multimedia Broadcast/Multicast
   Service (eMBMS) become more and more popular in mobile networks.  In
   mobile transport network, it is important for the operators to
   provide efficient transport of multicast services with existing
   network devices.  This document describes a mechanism of using point-
   to-point Pseudowires (PW) [RFC3985] to achieve efficient layer 2
   multicast transportation in mobile transport networks.The document
   gives a multicast method by utilizing a Point-to-Point (P2P) path
   between nodes in a packet transport network , according to the
   destination IP address.  With it, the PTN nodes can replicate and
   forward the service message, which are received from the multicast
   server, to the plurality of multicast clients corresponding to the
   destination IP address.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cheng-pals-p2p-pw-multicast/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-cheng-pals-p2p-pw-multicast-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-cheng-pals-p2p-pw-multicast-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-cheng-pals-p2p-pw-multicast-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/