Subject: I-D Action: draft-kuhn-quic-0rtt-bdp-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 09:54:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Transport parameters for 0-RTT connections
        Authors         : Nicolas Kuhn
                          Emile Stephan
                          Gorry Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-kuhn-quic-0rtt-bdp-04.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2019-11-04

Abstract:
   The time-to-service duration depends on both peers exchange
   optimization.  The peer initiating the connection may not be the one
   which send data first.  Moreover, clients may be resource-limited,
   behind a low bandwidth or connected to a long-RTT network and may
   need to adapt dynamically to improve data reception.  Currently, each
   side has its proprietary solution to measure and to store path
   characteristics.  Having a standard way to share these parameters
   should improve the adaptation to a non standard path characteristics.

   QUIC v1 specification already reflects this approach.  Having a
   symmetrical control of the optimization should reduce protocol
   ossification.  This memo proposes the sharing of the characteristics
   of the path amongst the peer to reduce HTTP3 time-to-service for non
   default transport situation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kuhn-quic-0rtt-bdp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kuhn-quic-0rtt-bdp-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-kuhn-quic-0rtt-bdp-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kuhn-quic-0rtt-bdp-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/