Subject: I-D Action: draft-hardaker-dnsop-drop-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 22:45:38 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Dropped Remaining Other Propaganda in DNS Responses
        Author          : Wes Hardaker
	Filename        : draft-hardaker-dnsop-drop-00.txt
	Pages           : 3
	Date            : 2019-11-20

Abstract:
   When DNS replies to be sent over UDP exceed the requestor's UDP
   payload size, servers are expected to set the Truncated bit (TC) and
   remove remove additional information from the response.  Clients
   receiving the TC bit might choose to retry the request over TCP to
   fetch the removed information.  Sometimes this extra information is
   not important to the DNS resolution process and retrying over TCP may
   not be needed.  This document defines the DP bit to indicate that the
   dropped information that caused the TC bit was supplemental
   information.  This is useful, for example, in the case of Extended
   DNS Error information which may be mostly debugging related
   information.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hardaker-dnsop-drop/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hardaker-dnsop-drop-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hardaker-dnsop-drop-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/