Subject: I-D Action: draft-roca-nwcrg-generic-fec-api-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 01:26:44 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Generic Application Programming Interface (API) for Sliding Window FEC Codes
        Authors         : Vincent Roca
                          Jonathan Detchart
                          Cedric Adjih
                          Morten V. Pedersen
	Filename        : draft-roca-nwcrg-generic-fec-api-06.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2019-11-04

Abstract:
   This document introduces a generic Application Programming Interface
   (API) for sliding window FEC codes.  This API is meant to be
   compatible with any sliding window FEC code.  It defines the core
   procedures and functions meant to control the codec (i.e.,
   implementation of the FEC code).  However, it leaves out all upper
   layer aspects that are the responsibility of the application or
   protocol making use of the codec.  As a consequence, this is not an
   API for a FEC Scheme since certain mechanisms that must be defined by
   any FEC Scheme (e.g., signalling and FEC Payload IDs) are the
   responsibility of the caller instead of being addressed by the codec.
   A first goal of this document is to pave the way for a future open-
   source implementation of such codes, another goal is to simplify the
   development of content delivery protocols that rely on sliding window
   FEC codes for robust transmissions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-roca-nwcrg-generic-fec-api/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-roca-nwcrg-generic-fec-api-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-roca-nwcrg-generic-fec-api-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-roca-nwcrg-generic-fec-api-06

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/