Subject: I-D Action: draft-barnes-cfrg-mult-for-7748-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 15:44:41 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Homomorphic Multiplication for X25519 and X448
        Authors         : Richard L. Barnes
                          Joël Alwen
                          Sandro Corretti
	Filename        : draft-barnes-cfrg-mult-for-7748-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2019-11-04

Abstract:
   In some contexts it is useful for holders of the private and public
   parts of an elliptic curve key pair to be able to independently apply
   an updates to those values, such that the resulting updated public
   key corresponds to the updated private key.  Such updates are
   straightforward for older elliptic curves, but for X25519 and X448,
   the "clamping" prescribed for scalars requires some additional
   processing.  This document defines a multiplication procedure that
   can be used to update X25519 and X448 key pairs.  This algorithm can
   fail to produce a result, but only with negligible probability.
   Failures can be detected by the holder of the private key.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-barnes-cfrg-mult-for-7748/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-barnes-cfrg-mult-for-7748-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-barnes-cfrg-mult-for-7748-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/