Subject: I-D Action: draft-andersdotter-rrm-for-rrt-in-http3-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2019 11:42:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Randomized Response Mechanisms in RRT Measurements for HTTP/3
        Authors         : Amelia Andersdotter
                          Shivan Sahib
	Filename        : draft-andersdotter-rrm-for-rrt-in-http3-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2019-11-03

Abstract:
   The latency spin bit is an optional feature included in the QUIC
   transport protocol [I-D-QUIC].  It enables passive, on-path
   observations for estimation of latency.  This document presents the
   results of an inquiry into the potential of using randomized response
   mechanisms (RRM) to reduce privacy loss in latency measurements.  It
   concludes that RRM could be used to introduce choice for clients in
   preserving privacy in latency measurements.  But the trade-offs,
   especially since the latency spin bit is already optional, do not
   favour RRM.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-andersdotter-rrm-for-rrt-in-http3/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-andersdotter-rrm-for-rrt-in-http3-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-andersdotter-rrm-for-rrt-in-http3-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/