Subject: I-D Action: draft-geng-rtgwg-cfn-req-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 08:06:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Compute First Networking (CFN) Scenarios and Requirements
        Authors         : Liang Geng
                          Peter Willis
	Filename        : draft-geng-rtgwg-cfn-req-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2019-11-04

Abstract:
   Service providers are exploring the edge computing to achieve better
   response times and transfer rate by moving the computing towards the
   edge of the network in scenarios like 5G MEC, virtualized central
   office, etc. Providing services by sharing computing resources from
   multiple edges is emerging. The service nodes from multiple edges
   normally have two key features, service equivalency and service
   dynamics. When the computing resources attached to a single edge site
   is overloaded, static service dispatch can possibly keep allocating
   the service request to it and cause inefficient utilization. The
   service request to edge computing needs to be dispatched to and
   served by the most suitable edge to improve user experience and
   system utilization by taking both the available computing resources
   and network conditions into account.

   This draft describes scenarios and requirements of Compute First
   Networking (CFN) to make the computing and network resource to be
   considered in a collaborative way to achieve a more balanced network-
   based distributed service dispatching.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-geng-rtgwg-cfn-req/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-geng-rtgwg-cfn-req-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-geng-rtgwg-cfn-req-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/