Subject: I-D Action: draft-dunbar-idr-sdwan-port-safi-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 08:32:06 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : SDWAN WAN Ports Property Advertisement in BGP UPDATE
        Authors         : Linda Dunbar
                          Sue Hares
	Filename        : draft-dunbar-idr-sdwan-port-safi-05.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2019-11-04

Abstract:
   The document specifies information encoded in BGP UPDATE for
   advertising WAN ports properties of a SDWAN edge node to its
   controller. SDWAN edge node's WAN ports may face untrusted networks,
   such as the public internet, may get assigned IP addresses from the
   Internet Service Providers (ISPs), may get assigned dynamic IP
   addresses via DHCP, or may have private addresses (e.g. inside third
   party Cloud DCs). Packets forwarded through those SDWAN WAN ports
   might need to be encrypted (depending on the user policies) or need
   to go through NAT. SDWAN edge nodes need to propagate those WAN
   ports properties to its controller which in turn distribute to the
   peers who are authorized to communicate across different types of
   underlay networks including the untrusted networks.

   This document assumes the BGP Route Reflectors (RR) as the
   controller, i.e. SDWAN edges send the WAN ports properties encoded
   in BGP UPDATE to the RR which in turns propagate the information to
   a group of authorized SDWAN edges reachable via overlay networks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dunbar-idr-sdwan-port-safi/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dunbar-idr-sdwan-port-safi-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-dunbar-idr-sdwan-port-safi-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dunbar-idr-sdwan-port-safi-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/