Subject: I-D Action: draft-duke-quic-natsupp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 11:17:48 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Network Address Translation Support for QUIC
        Author          : Martin Duke
	Filename        : draft-duke-quic-natsupp-00.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2019-11-25

Abstract:
   Network Address Translators (NATs) are widely deployed to share
   scarce public IPv4 addresses among mutiple end hosts.  They overwrite
   IP addresses and ports in IP packets to do so.  QUIC is a protocol on
   top of UDP that provides transport-like services.  QUIC is better-
   behaved in the presence of NATs than older protocols, and existing
   UDP NATs should operate without incident if unmodified.  QUIC offers
   additional features that may tempt NAT implementers as potential
   optimizations.  However, in practice, leveraging these features will
   lead to new connection failure modes and security vulnerabilities.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-duke-quic-natsupp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-duke-quic-natsupp-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-duke-quic-natsupp-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/