Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-mpls-summary-frr-rsvpte-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 06:57:06 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching WG of the IETF.

        Title           : RSVP-TE Summary Fast Reroute Extensions for LSP Tunnels
        Authors         : Mike Taillon
                          Tarek Saad
                          Rakesh Gandhi
                          Abhishek Deshmukh
                          Markus Jork
                          Vishnu Pavan Beeram
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mpls-summary-frr-rsvpte-07.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2019-12-11

Abstract:
   This document updates the Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP)
   Traffic-Engineering (TE) procedures that are defined in RFC 4090 for
   facility backup protection.  The updates include extensions that
   reduce the amount of signaling and processing that occurs during Fast
   Reroute (FRR), and subsequently, improves scalability when undergoing
   FRR convergence after a link or node failure.  These extensions allow
   the RSVP message exchange between the Point of Local Repair (PLR) and
   the Merge Point (MP) to be independent of the number of protected
   Label Switched Paths (LSPs) traversing between them when facility
   bypass FRR protection is used.  The signaling extensions are fully
   backwards compatible with nodes that do not support them.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-summary-frr-rsvpte/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-summary-frr-rsvpte-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mpls-summary-frr-rsvpte-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mpls-summary-frr-rsvpte-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/