Subject: I-D Action: draft-anoopmis-eap-autoadd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2019 21:57:48 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : AutoAdd - Automatic Bootstrapping of IoT Devices
        Author          : Anoop Kumar Pandey
	Filename        : draft-anoopmis-eap-autoadd-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2019-12-22

Abstract:
   IoT devices are fast getting embedded into our lives, and when put
   together they have the potential to generate a precise and detailed
   history of our lives and store them forever.  Their networking and
   communicational power can be unleashed for malicious and sabotage
   purposes, by a motivated attacker sitting in the far corner of the
   world.  Attacks on Industrial IoT systems can cause greater
   disasters.  It is therefore essential to inculcate the security
   aspect, right from design to development to operations.  The first
   operation of an IoT device is to bootstrap itself, and due importance
   should be placed to ensure that this operation is carried out
   securely and with due diligence.  However, it's easier said than
   done, and this paper outlines several approaches for secure automated
   bootstrapping and also proposes a new method, which is compared
   against the existing mechanisms for several qualitative factors.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-anoopmis-eap-autoadd/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-anoopmis-eap-autoadd-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-anoopmis-eap-autoadd-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/