Subject: I-D Action: draft-gu-rtgwg-cfn-field-trial-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2019 21:59:37 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Report on Compute First Networking (CFN) Field Trial
        Authors         : Shuheng Gu
                          Guanhua Zhuang
                          Huijuan Yao
                          Xunwen Li
	Filename        : draft-gu-rtgwg-cfn-field-trial-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2019-12-01

Abstract:
   Compute First Networking (CFN) enables the routing of the service
   request to an optimal edge site to improve the overall system load
   balancing and efficiency. Especially when an edge site is overloaded,
   other edges with service equivalency can dynamically serve the
   request. This document describes a CFN field trial to show the effect
   that CFN can achieve. Edge to edge interaction to get the available
   computing resources information for services and the network status
   to each other is introduced. Data plane to support late binding based
   dynamic anycast is illustrated too. The field trial shows that CFN
   can greatly improve the overall query per second served for a service
   hosted on multiple edges in a more balanced way.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gu-rtgwg-cfn-field-trial/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gu-rtgwg-cfn-field-trial-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gu-rtgwg-cfn-field-trial-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gu-rtgwg-cfn-field-trial-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/