Subject: I-D Action: draft-faibish-nfsv4-data-reduction-attributes-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 13:34:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Support for Data Reduction Attributes in nfsv4 Version 2
        Authors         : Sorin Faibish
                          David Black
                          Philip Shilane
	Filename        : draft-faibish-nfsv4-data-reduction-attributes-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2019-12-24

Abstract:
   This document proposes extending NFSv4 operations to add new
   named attributes to be used in the protocol to provide information
   about the data reduction properties of files. The new data reduction
   attributes are proposed to allow the client application to
   communicate to the NFSv4 server data reduction attributes
   associated with files and directories using new metadata,
   communicated to the Block Storage data reduction engines.
   Corresponding new named attributes are proposed to allow clients
   and client applications to query the server for data reduction
   attributes support and allow to get and set data reduction
   attributes on files and directories. Such data reduction
   metadata is used as hints to the file server about what type of data
   reduction to apply. The proposed data reduction attributes include
   achievable ratios for compression and deduplication plus whether
   each data reduction technique applies to a file or directory.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-faibish-nfsv4-data-reduction-attributes/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-faibish-nfsv4-data-reduction-attributes-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-faibish-nfsv4-data-reduction-attributes-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-faibish-nfsv4-data-reduction-attributes-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/