Subject: I-D Action: draft-richardson-anima-ipv6-lldp-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 09:03:46 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : IPv6 over Link-Local Discovery Protocol
        Author          : Michael Richardson
	Filename        : draft-richardson-anima-ipv6-lldp-02.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2019-12-18

Abstract:
   This document describes a mechanism to encapsulate IPv6 packets over
   the Link-Local Discovery Protocol (LLDP).  The LLDP is a single
   layer-two protocol and is never forwarded, which is a desireable
   property when building the IPv6-over-IPsec-over-IPv6-Link-Local
   tunnels that make up the ANIMA Autonomic Control Plane (ACP).

   This unorthodox encapsulation avoids unwanted interactions between
   the ACP packets and native packet forwarding engines, as well as
   being safe for layer-2 switches which might otherwise have no IPv6
   capabilities.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-richardson-anima-ipv6-lldp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-richardson-anima-ipv6-lldp-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-richardson-anima-ipv6-lldp-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-richardson-anima-ipv6-lldp-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/