Subject: I-D Action: draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 10:55:48 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : In-situ Flow Information Telemetry
        Authors         : Haoyu Song
                          Fengwei Qin
                          Huanan Chen
                          Jaehwan Jin
                          Jongyoon Shin
	Filename        : draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-10.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2019-12-31

Abstract:
   As networks increase in scale and network operations become more
   sophisticated, traditional Operation, Administration and Maintenance
   (OAM) methods, which include proactive and reactive techniques,
   running in active and passive modes, become more susceptible to
   measurement accuracy and misconfiguration errors.  With the advent of
   programmable data-plane, emerging on-path telemetry techniques
   provide unprecedented flow insight and realtime notification of
   network issues.

   This document enumerates the key deployment challenges for flow-
   oriented on-path telemetry techniques, especially in carrier operator
   networks.  To address these issues, a high-level framework, In-situ
   Flow Information Telemetry (iFIT), is outlined. iFIT includes several
   essential functional components that can be materialized and
   assembled to implement a complete solution for on-path telemetry.

   This informational document aims to clarify the problem domain, and
   summarize the best practices and sensible system design
   considerations.  The iFIT framework helps to guide the analysis on
   the current standard status and gaps, and motivate new works to
   complete the ecosystem.  It also helps to inspire innovative network
   telemetry applications supporting advanced network operations.  As a
   reference and open framework, iFIT does not specify the
   implementation of the components and the interfaces between the
   components.  The compliance with iFIT framework is not mandatory for
   telemetry applications either.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-10
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-song-opsawg-ifit-framework-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/