Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-nmrg-ibn-concepts-definitions-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2019 04:07:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Management RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Intent-Based Networking - Concepts and Definitions
        Authors         : Alexander Clemm
                          Laurent Ciavaglia
                          Lisandro Zambenedetti Granville
                          Jeff Tantsura
	Filename        : draft-irtf-nmrg-ibn-concepts-definitions-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2019-12-24

Abstract:
   Intent and Intent-Based Networking are taking the industry by storm.
   At the same time, those terms are used loosely and often
   inconsistently, in many cases overlapping and confused with other
   concepts such as "policy".  This document is intended to clarify the
   concept of "Intent" and provide an overview of functionality that
   associated with it.  The goal is to contribute towards a common and
   shared understanding of terms, concepts, and functionality which can
   be used as foundation to guide further definition of associated
   research and engineering problems and their solutions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-nmrg-ibn-concepts-definitions/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-nmrg-ibn-concepts-definitions-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-nmrg-ibn-concepts-definitions-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/