Subject: I-D Action: draft-klensin-rfc5321bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2019 12:20:18 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
        Author          : John C. Klensin
	Filename        : draft-klensin-rfc5321bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 100
	Date            : 2019-12-04

Abstract:
   This document is a specification of the basic protocol for Internet
   electronic mail transport.  It consolidates, updates, and clarifies
   several previous documents, making all or parts of most of them
   obsolete.  It covers the SMTP extension mechanisms and best practices
   for the contemporary Internet, but does not provide details about
   particular extensions.  Although SMTP was designed as a mail
   transport and delivery protocol, this specification also contains
   information that is important to its use as a "mail submission"
   protocol for "split-UA" (User Agent) mail reading systems and mobile
   environments.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-klensin-rfc5321bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-klensin-rfc5321bis-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-klensin-rfc5321bis-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-klensin-rfc5321bis-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/