Subject: I-D Action: draft-hardt-xauth-protocol-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 14:39:19 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : The XAuth Protocol
        Author          : Dick Hardt
	Filename        : draft-hardt-xauth-protocol-01.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2020-01-29

Abstract:
   Client software often desires resources or identity claims that are
   managed independent of the client.  This protocol allows a user and/
   or resource owner to delegate resource authorization and/or release
   of identity claims to an authorization server.  Client software can
   then request access to resources and/or identity claims by calling
   the authorization server.  The authorization server acquires consent
   and authorization from the user and/or resource owner if required,
   and then returns the authorization and identity claims that were
   approved.  This protocol can be extended to support alternative
   client authentication mechanisms, authorizations, claims, and
   interactions.

   [Editor: suggestions on how to improve this are welcome!]

   [Editor: suggestions for other names than XAuth are welcome!]

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hardt-xauth-protocol/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hardt-xauth-protocol-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-hardt-xauth-protocol-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hardt-xauth-protocol-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/