Subject: I-D Action: draft-brew-intarea-underground-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 15:06:41 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : GPS Over Wfi.
        Author          : Rob Brew
	Filename        : draft-brew-intarea-underground-00.txt
	Pages           : 2
	Date            : 2020-01-14

Abstract:
When users are at known undergroudn locations, such as tube stations
they often do not have a GPS signal, as the radio waves from the
satellites required cannot penetrate the earth, this draft suggests
providing GPS locations over WiFI using remote IP detection for a
server to respond with the correct name of clients location and
the clients GPS location.

Extending this to those without WifI access the standard goes one
stage further, by offering a hidden wifi network with a standard name,
such as .location. The principle being that mobile devices can
look for this network in cases where GPS data cannot be collected. It
is hoped that this will allow those using mapping services to know
where they are when travelling on underground trains etc.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-brew-intarea-underground/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-brew-intarea-underground-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-brew-intarea-underground-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/