Subject: I-D Action: draft-baba-iot-problems-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 03:23:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Problems in and among industries for the prompt realization of IoT and safety considerations
        Authors         : Hiroyuki Baba
                          Yoshiki Ishida
                          Takayuki Amatsu
                          Koichi Kunitake
                          Kaoru Maeda
	Filename        : draft-baba-iot-problems-08.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2020-01-15

Abstract:
   This document contains opinions gathered from enterprises engaging in
   the IoT business as stated in the preceding version hereof, and also
   examines the possibilities of new social problems in the IoT era.
   Recognition of the importance of information security has grown in
   step with the rising use of the Internet.  Closer examination reveals
   that the IoT era may see a new direct physical threat to users.  For
   instance, the situation at a smart house may lead it to judge that
   the owner has only temporarily stepped out, causing it to unlock the
   front door, which in turn makes it easier for thieves to enter.
   These kinds of scenarios may occur without identity fraud, hacking,
   and other means of compromising information security.  Therefore, for
   the purpose of this document, this issue shall be referred to as "IoT
   Safety" to distinguish it from Information Security.

   We believe that it is necessary to deepen our understanding of these
   new IoT-related threats through discussion and ensure there are
   measures to address these threats in the future.  At the same time,
   we must also coordinate these measures with the solutions to the
   problems described in the previous version of this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-baba-iot-problems/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-baba-iot-problems-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-baba-iot-problems-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-baba-iot-problems-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/