Subject: I-D Action: draft-irtf-icnrg-ipoc-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 15:17:21 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Information-Centric Networking RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : Internet Protocol Tunneling over Content Centric Mobile Networks
        Authors         : Greg White
                          Susmit Shannigrahi
                          Chengyu Fan
	Filename        : draft-irtf-icnrg-ipoc-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2020-01-31

Abstract:
   This document describes a protocol that enables tunneling of Internet
   Protocol traffic over a Content Centric Network (CCNx) or a Named
   Data Network (NDN).  The target use case for such a protocol is to
   provide an IP mobility plane for mobile networks that might otherwise
   use IP-over-IP tunneling, such as the GPRS Tunneling Protocol (GTP)
   used by the Evolved Packet Core in LTE networks (LTE-EPC).  By
   leveraging the elegant, built-in support for mobility provided by
   CCNx or NDN, this protocol achieves performance on par with LTE-EPC,
   equivalent efficiency, and substantially lower implementation and
   protocol complexity [Shannigrahi].  Furthermore, the use of CCNx/NDN
   for this purpose paves the way for the deployment of ICN native
   applications on the mobile network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-icnrg-ipoc/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-ipoc-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-icnrg-ipoc-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-icnrg-ipoc-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/