Subject: I-D Action: draft-google-self-published-geofeeds-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 04:48:24 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : A Format for Self-published IP Geolocation Feeds
        Authors         : Erik Kline
                          Krzysztof Duleba
                          Zoltan Szamonek
                          Stefan Moser
                          Warren Kumari
	Filename        : draft-google-self-published-geofeeds-08.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2020-01-30

Abstract:
   This document records a format whereby a network operator can publish
   a mapping of IP address prefixes to simplified geolocation
   information, colloquially termed a geolocation "feed".  Interested
   parties can poll and parse these feeds to update or merge with other
   geolocation data sources and procedures.  This format intentionally
   only allows specifying coarse level location.

   Some technical organizations operating networks that move from one
   conference location to the next have already experimentally published
   small geolocation feeds.

   This document describes a currently deployed format.  At least one
   consumer (Google) has incorporated these feeds into a geolocation
   data pipeline, and a significant number of ISPs are using it to
   inform them where their prefixes should be geolocated.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-google-self-published-geofeeds/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-google-self-published-geofeeds-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-google-self-published-geofeeds-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-google-self-published-geofeeds-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/