Subject: I-D Action: draft-reddy-dprive-dprive-privacy-policy-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 05:48:29 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : DNS Server Privacy Statement and Filtering Policy with Assertion Token
        Authors         : Tirumaleswar Reddy
                          Dan Wing
                          Michael C. Richardson
	Filename        : draft-reddy-dprive-dprive-privacy-policy-02.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2020-01-17

Abstract:
   Users want to control how their DNS queries are handled by DNS
   servers so they can configure their system to use DNS servers that
   comply with their privacy and DNS filtering expectations.

   This document defines a mechanism for a DNS server to communicate its
   privacy statement URL and filtering policy to a DNS client.  This
   communication is cryptographically signed to attest to its
   authenticity.  By evaluating the DNS privacy statement, filtering
   policy and the signatory, the user can choose a DNS server that best
   supports their desired privacy and filtering policy.  This token is
   particularly useful for DNS-over-TLS and DNS-over-HTTPS servers that
   are either public resolvers or are discovered on the local network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-reddy-dprive-dprive-privacy-policy/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-reddy-dprive-dprive-privacy-policy-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-reddy-dprive-dprive-privacy-policy-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-reddy-dprive-dprive-privacy-policy-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/