Subject: I-D Action: draft-fairhurst-quic-ack-scaling-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 04:24:33 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : Changing the Default QUIC ACK Policy
        Authors         : Godred Fairhurst
                          Ana Custura
                          Tom Jones
	Filename        : draft-fairhurst-quic-ack-scaling-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2020-01-29

Abstract:
   On network paths where there is significant path asymmetry,
   acknowledgments of data receipt can reduce the efficient use of
   network capacity.  This effect occurs when the return capacity is
   significantly more constrained than the forward capacity, or the cost
   of transmission per packet is a significant component of the total
   transmission cost.  In these cases, reducing the ratio of
   acknowledgements to data can improve link utilization and reduce link
   transmission costs.

   This document proposes a change to the default acknowledgement policy
   of the QUIC transport protocol to improve performance over paths with
   appreciable asymmetry.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fairhurst-quic-ack-scaling/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fairhurst-quic-ack-scaling-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-fairhurst-quic-ack-scaling-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/