Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 07:54:19 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Layer Security WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Deprecating MD5 and SHA-1 signature hashes in TLS 1.2
        Authors         : Loganaden Velvindron
                          Kathleen Moriarty
                          Alessandro Ghedini
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate-02.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2020-01-22

Abstract:
   The MD5 and SHA-1 hashing algorithms are steadily weakening in
   strength and their deprecation process should begin for their use in
   TLS 1.2 digital signatures.  However, this document does not
   deprecate SHA-1 in HMAC for record protection.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/